PDA

View Full Version : Evans, Mayo, Wallace, McGee Cut by Team USA

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Looks like they didn't make it.

It's not looking good for Tyreke Evans, O.J. Mayo and Gerald Wallace.

Sources close to the situation told FanHouse on Tuesday they're expected to be among the cuts when Team USA on Wednesday reveals the 15 out of 19 remaining players who will be invited to New York for the Aug. 10-16 training camp in preparation for next month's World Championship in Turkey. As to who might be the fourth cut, sources said that was still being debated.

Thoughts?

LINK (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/27/evans-mayo-wallace-not-looking-good-for-team-usa/)

Gators123
07-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Kinda surprised about G. Wallace

S-Dot
07-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I expected Wallace and Evans. Kind of surprised about Mayo getting cute this early though.

kingcanadian409
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Shocked, how the hell can you keep javale McGee over Gerald wallace?!?

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
It's official

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=5417438

I wanna know where are all the people that said evans was better then rose? not trying to start anything, butI wanna hear what they think.

Corey
07-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Updated the title.

Just got the text from ESPN.

McGee, Wallace, Evans and Mayo were cut.

ntat
07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I expected Wallace and Evans. Kind of surprised about Mayo getting cute this early though.

yeah mayo did get cute hecka quick....

JordansBulls
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Why is Curry, Gordon and Chandler on the team over Evans and Wallace?

Stunner
07-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Evans is hurt and Wallace hasnt shot the ball well , plus Chandler is a lock sense they need size.

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 03:27 PM

curry because of his shot, as the same with gordon, and chandler cause they need size. wallaces games doesnt really translate to the worlds

ChicagoRox
07-28-2010, 03:30 PM
It's official

I wanna know where are all the people that said evans was better then rose? not trying to start anything, but I wanna hear what they think.

I am a big Rose fan but I kinda think its unfair comparison right now cause tyreke was injured through out TEAM USA ball.

ntat
lol this is a ****** team.

kozelkid
I'm shocked Mayo didn't make it.
I'm not so surprised that Wallace didn't. Not a good enough shooter for this game.

Oakley's Fist
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Evans needs the ball in his hands a team of second fiddles to shine. His style just wont work in a bunch of high level guys playing team ball.

Very surprised Gerald Wallace didnt make it.

S-Dot
07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
curry because of his shot, as the same with gordon, and chandler cause they need size. wallaces games doesnt really translate to the worlds

Agreed. Stephen Curry and Eric Gordon proved in that Blue/White scrimmage that their shooting is vital. Evans didn't play, and Wallace really didn't fit in. The same thing happened to him in the All-Star game this year. He's a really good player, but his game doesn't mesh well when playing with other stars for some reason.

kozelkid
I wanna know where are all the people that said evans was better then rose? not trying to start anything, butI wanna hear what they think.

I'm a Bulls fan, but that's very idiotic.
For one, Evans is injured. And making the roster, doesn't make one player better than the other. I'm sure far more people would take Gerald Wallace over Chandler, yet Wallace was the one that didn't make it.

Regardless, I'm surprised Lopez made it, he really shouldn't have.

SpeeMN
When are the next cuts? Is it gunna be the end of august? How do you choose 3 more players to cut.

Brooklyn Mets
07-28-2010, 03:33 PM
McGee and Evans getting cut wasnt surprising but i thought Wallace and Mayo were going to make the team for sure..

S-Dot
07-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Oh ******* that was a type-o. I meant cut. :facepalm:

Carey
07-28-2010, 03:35 PM

They transalte better to Fiba rules

Stunner
07-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I knew Mayo wasnt going to make it.

i'myourdaddy
It's official

:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
I'm a Bulls fan, but that's very idiotic.
For one, Evans is injured. And making the roster, doesn't make one player better than the other. I'm sure far more people would take Gerald Wallace over Chandler, yet Wallace was the one that didn't make it.

Regardless, I'm surprised Lopez made it, he really shouldn't have.

It's not idiotic, cause if he is injured then why try out for the worlds? thats idiotic right there.

IversonIsKrazy
07-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Which SF's are on the team now?? Still surprised OJ getting cut. Expected Evans & McGee to get cut tho

Stunner
07-28-2010, 03:38 PM

lmao

kozelkid
07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
It's not idiotic, cause if he is injured then why try out for the worlds? thats idiotic right there.

Cause he had issues with his ankle WHEN HE WAS ALREADY THERE.
And, I don't see what's idiotic about it at all. It's a minor injury anyway, but if it keeps you from performing most of the tryouts, you probably won't make it. Doesn't mean Evans shouldn't try anyway. It obviously means a lot to him to represent his country.

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Cause he had issues with his ankle WHEN HE WAS ALREADY THERE.
And, I don't see what's idiotic about it at all. It's a minor injury anyway, but if it keeps you from performing most of the tryouts, you probably won't make it. Doesn't mean Evans shouldn't try anyway. It obviously means a lot to him to represent his country.

I understand it means a lot to him, but it could affect this season or his future if the injury gets worse or he tweeks it even worse. i give him credit, but it wasnt exactly the smartest thing and i am sure the kings were kind of pissed he didnt just drop out of it. theres no shame in quitting because you don't wanna riskinjury and possibly the up coming season and or future.

Gibby
07-28-2010, 03:46 PM
wait Javal McGee was actually invited?

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 03:46 PM
wat? lol He got hurt during the tryouts and he sat out.

ok then, thats fine. but some people are trying to say well he really wanted to be on the team and such. to be honest, i didnt even know tyreke was injured, but someone just said it must of meant a lot to him so he kept going like he was still playing. if he sat out, then that was the smart thing to do.

i'myourdaddy
07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
sorry man my name offended you so much. i'll be more sensitive next time.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/07/20/2903543/kings-blog-tyreke-tweaks-an-ankle.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

S-Dot
07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
wait Javal McGee was actually invited?

Yep. They needed centers, and he already did well in summer league in Vegas so they let him stay. He actually did pretty well in the blue/white scrimmage.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 03:49 PM
ok then, thats fine. but some people are trying to say well he really wanted to be on the team and such. to be honest, i didnt even know tyreke was injured, but someone just said it must of meant a lot to him so he kept going like he was still playing. if he sat out, then that was the smart thing to do.

It did mean i alot to him but he wasnt going to be in others way of making the team if he couldnt compete 100%. Best players on the floor at the time.

ntat
07-28-2010, 03:49 PM
wat? lol He got hurt during the tryouts and he sat out.

lol come on man, u got to take his post with mine, or it looks like im the one with the weird post lol.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM
lol come on man, u got to take his post with mine, or it looks like im the one with the weird post lol.

lmao nope

S-Dot
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM

:pity: as much as i hate to admit, the dude makes a point. I was the one that effed up.

MrfadeawayJB
07-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Rondo or Eric Gordon should have been cut before OJ

smith&wesson
07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
eric gordon made it ? i would have taken mayo or evans over eric gordon for sure.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Gordon can shoot which translate to Fiba, and Evans got hurt during the tryouts and i dnt knw wat Mayo deal but maybe they didnt want to many undersized guards on the team. I bet Gordon gets cut as well.

smith&wesson
07-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Gordon can shoot which translate to Fiba, and Evans got hurt during the tryouts and i dnt knw wat Mayo deal but maybe they didnt want to many undersized guards on the team. I bet Gordon gets cut as well.

x2

Korman12
07-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm only kinda surprised McGhee wasn't cut. The other players mentioned had little/no impact on the Blue/White game.

So it's -

Rose/Westbrook/Billups/Rondo
Curry/Iguodala/Gordon (I have no idea who would start)
Durant//Granger/Gay
Odom/Green
Lopez/Chandler/McGhee

Too many SF's in my opinion. I could see Granger, Gordon, Iguodala and/or one of the PG's not making it.

dre1990
07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Gerald Wallace should of made the team. He's a perfect international 4

hgtiger32
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
mayo is the only one that's kinda surprising considering how well Mayo played in the scrimmage...

zambo4president
07-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Tyreke doesn't surprise me he was hurt anyways. Mayo looked pretty good I thought he was one of the tweeners though, Gordon's better for the international play anyways. McGee I was really pulling for but I guess his inexperience killed him here. Wallace's offensive game isn't very strong but I figured his defensive presence alone would have guaranteed him a spot.

BKNets21
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I would've taken Mayo over Gordon and probably kept Wallace over someone.

Evans is injured though.

tredigs
07-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Beyond the fact that Evans ankle was bothering him, Curry is clearly the player that fits their needs rather than 'Reke for international ball. Stephen shoots lights out (probably the best on the team), can needle a pass and has a high basketball IQ - things that are a must at the international level. Why have Tyreke when you have Rose, Westbrook and Rondo? He offers them a lesser version of the other guards. It's funny to me that this would surprise you. Beyond that, Curry's just flat better - shrug.

Bruno
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Kinda weird?

alencp3
07-28-2010, 04:17 PM

Wallace is the best defender and rebounder they got and Evans can score whenever he wants too.
Hell even McGee and Mayo were good in that preparation game.

krest213
07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
i expected wallace and evans. Kind of surprised about mayo getting cute this early though.

no homo

ntat
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
^
Ur late to the game Krest, get the steppin.
besides, ur the one with a guy in the thong as ur pic.

zambo4president
07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
So does this make it 14 on the roster now? Id expect Westbrook and Green would be the last 2 cut.

j-bay
07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
McGee is a beast! come on!

nanablvd
07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Eric Gorgon rescued himself with his performance in the scrimmage, but I would have picked Gordon over Evans as well. Evans is a much better player obviously but his role is a little redundant.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
^
Ur late to the game Krest, get the steppin.
besides, ur the one with a guy in the thong as ur pic.

lmao

Stunner
07-28-2010, 04:25 PM
So does this make it 14 on the roster now? Id expect Westbrook and Green would be the last 2 cut.

yeah Green is gone and i think its down to Westbrook, Rondo,Gordon, to get cut.

29$JerZ
07-28-2010, 04:26 PM

My guess is they want shooters at the 1/2 and a tall 7'1 guy.
I can understand Wallace to a degree but Evans not making it is shocking imo.,

Tennessee Mav
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM
yeah Green is gone and i think its down to Westbrook, Rondo,Gordon, to get cut.

There are 3 more that still have to get cut, not 2.

Tennessee Mav
07-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Since there are 3 more to get cut who would you cut out of:

Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Danny Granger
Andre Iguodala
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Jeff Green
Tyson Chandler
Brook Lopez

I think I would cut Eric Gordon and Jeff Green for sure. I'm not sure about the 3rd player I would cut. I am torn between Rudy Gay and Stephen Curry.

Who would be your 3 to be cut?

ballpd05
07-28-2010, 04:49 PM

Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Danny Granger
Andre Iguodala
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Jeff Green
Tyson Chandler
Brook Lopez

I think I would cut Eric Gordon and Jeff Green for sure. I'm not sure about the 3rd player I would cut. I am torn between Rudy Gay and Stephen Curry.

Those 3

ElMarroAfamado
07-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Rondo, Gordon ---unselfish humble players

Mayo--- they probably thought he would take ill advised after ill advised shot im 100% sure thats why they got rid of him his attitude

ElMarroAfamado
07-28-2010, 04:53 PM
whats with all this Eric Gordon hate? is it because he is a Clipper?

how some people would rather have igoudala over gordon is beyond me all iggy does is dunk
team USA needs shooters

tredigs
07-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Danny Granger
Andre Iguodala
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Jeff Green
Tyson Chandler
Brook Lopez

I don't see Gordon making the cut, but beyond that it's a crapshoot. I think they might take Green's versatility and shooting touch over Love, and Rudy Gay is probably the lesser of Durant/Ai2/Granger - so I could see him going home as well (though I hope it's Granger, because it will be fun to watch Rudy and Iggy posterize the Euro's). Homerness aside, Steph Curry isn't going home - best shooter on the team along with KD - they need him.

nolin
07-28-2010, 04:59 PM

Easy this team needs shooting in size . curry and gordon can shoot better than evans and wallace and chandler has the size. i think gordon over mayo might be the only questionable thing here. i doubt gordon gets much playing time anyways though

BKNets21
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM

Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Danny Granger
Andre Iguodala
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Jeff Green
Tyson Chandler
Brook Lopez

I'd cut the bolded guys.

There's not much need for Gordon when you've got Steph and Chauncey. There is absolutely no need for Gay when you have Iggy, Granger and Durant. Odom and Love pretty much do exactly what Green does but better.

n83417
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM

That was a joke right? Maybe Gordon, but definitely not Rondo.

Randy West
07-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I think Iggy and Rondo end up cut as well. You need solid shooters and unless they have stepped up their %'s I could see both of them gone.

n83417
07-28-2010, 05:06 PM

Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Danny Granger
Andre Iguodala
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Jeff Green
Tyson Chandler
Brook Lopez

Eric Gordon, Either Westbrook or Curry, probably Westbrook, Curry could play 1/2. The team is PG rich, gotta keep Rondo, Rose and Billups.

And Danny Granger or Jeff Green.

Probably Westbrook, Green and Gordon.

Gotta keep the Centers, with Perk injured, you need all the size you can get. I would have loved to see Perkins in these games, he would probably see some significant playing time.

n83417
07-28-2010, 05:08 PM
I think Iggy and Rondo end up cut as well. You need solid shooters and unless they have stepped up their %'s I could see both of them gone.

Rondo is the best Passer, Defender and playmaker (setting up other players) on the team. It would be pathetic if he got cut before Westbrook or Curry. Defense is important, I see Curry and his fragile looking self getting cut.

oOo Rhino oOo
07-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Im kinda shock that okc got 3 guys still there. But they deserve it

PraiseJesus
07-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Curry stays, I knew it.

SpeeMN
07-28-2010, 05:26 PM
^You forgot Kevin Love

Randy West
07-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Rondo is the best Passer, Defender and playmaker (setting up other players) on the team. It would be pathetic if he got cut before Westbrook or Curry. Defense is important, I see Curry and his fragile looking self getting cut.

I think that statement is an opinion, and don't go looking at last years stats or the year before it is not relevant. What matters is what they are doing in the here and now with the guys the coaches put on the floor. Not what they did while playing during the regular NBA season.

I think Westbrook and Curry can do those things and still shoot better than Rondo.

At the end of the day it is really up to the coaches to decide. I will just wait and see what happens.

nycclipse110
07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Wallace is the best defender and rebounder they got and Evans can score whenever he wants too.
Hell even McGee and Mayo were good in that preparation game.
gerald wallace had zero rebounds in the entire game.

ntat
07-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Curry stays, I knew it.

i knew u would be lurking about. U r everywhere Jesus...

Spreefor3!!!
07-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I dont get why people are so 'suprised' that Curry made the roster. He's not just a guy that can shoot the three and hit the mid range jumpshot--he has great court vision and plays unselfishly which he proved last season when he made a bunch of undrafted/d-leaugers look like above average players.

SugeKnight
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM

Evans was hurt and Wallace didn't show up. DUH

SugeKnight
07-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Iggy and Odom should get cut and either Rondo or Westbrook should get cut.

gbrl
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Chris Sheridan predictions
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/18634/observations-on-team-usa-cuts

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm actually not surprised at all that these 4 got cut. Any predictions who gets cut next?

B.JenningsMVP
07-28-2010, 06:12 PM
SHOCKED that OJ got cut... smh

airforceones25
07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
wow.. Gordon is vastly underrated around here. People obviously don't watch Clippers games but Gordon is a terrific on the ball defender, can get to the rim and create his own shot as well as shoot the long ball... Not suprised to see Gordon taken over Mayo at all..

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 06:39 PM
How is Robin Lopez still on the team?

tredigs
07-28-2010, 06:43 PM
How is Robin Lopez still on the team?

It's his brother Brook Lopez - they need centers.

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 06:44 PM
It's his brother Brook Lopez - they need centers.

Yea just found out that Robin is off the team due to health issues.

kozelkid
07-28-2010, 06:44 PM
I still can't believe Jeff Green got in over Mayo. ****ing ********. Green is terrible. We have enough pf's in Odom, Gay, Granger and Durant..

kozelkid
07-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I really would be surprised if Gordon gets cut at this point. He's the only true sg left.
Green better get cut. I still think Lopez gets cut (we have enough centers in Love and Chandler for the international game). And last one would be tough. Personally, I'd cut Westbrook since we'd have enough pg's in Rondo and Rose, and Billups when necessary.

tredigs
07-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I still can't believe Jeff Green got in over Mayo. ****ing ********. Green is terrible. We have enough pf's in Odom, Gay, Granger and Durant..

Being that Gay, Granger and Durant aren't PF's... maybe not. Green isn't terrible at all, what are you talking about? The versatility of having a 6'9"-6-10" guy who can shoot a three is probably something they're interested in. But I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut so they could shore up some size + rebounding and keep Odom + Love in the block along with Chandler and Lopez.

Westbrook is absolutely killing it there, highly doubt he gets cut. He's probably a top 5 offensive threat on that team.

kozelkid
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Being that Gay, Granger and Durant aren't PF's... maybe not. Green isn't terrible at all, what are you talking about? The versatility of having a 6'9"-6-10" guy who can shoot a three is probably something they're interested in. But I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut so they could shore up some size + rebounding and keep Odom + Love in the block along with Chandler and Lopez.

Green might be most fit of pf out of those 3, but he also plays the worst. Let's be honest, he's a chucker. It's why his ts% sucks for a big man. Granger, Gay, and Durant are all at least 6'9 (well Gay is 6'8, but still). Green played like crap. And has a pretty bad A/To ratio.

gbrl
07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
green or granger, rondo or westbrook, gordon i think are players that might get cut
underlines who i think will get cut

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
DOes anyone know how many more guys are getting cut?

kozelkid
07-28-2010, 06:56 PM
DOes anyone know how many more guys are getting cut?

Three. You can only have 12 players.

bigsams50
07-28-2010, 07:07 PM
A lil dissapointed Crash got cut. At least he'll get to rest up b4 the season now.

IndyFan
07-28-2010, 07:35 PM

Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Danny Granger
Andre Iguodala
Rudy Gay
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Jeff Green
Tyson Chandler
Brook Lopez

westbrook -
gay -
green -

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:13 PM

Tyreke missed practice all week with an injury. As for Gordon over Wallace, no clue. Curry can play the SG in fiba and Chandler gives them good size. Gordon sucks.

Jenceman
07-28-2010, 08:38 PM
As far as who I want to be cut to trim it down to the final roster....

Rondo, Green, and Gay.

sargon21
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
i'd cut westbrook, green and iguodala/gay -- unsure about this one

airforceones25
07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Tyreke missed practice all week with an injury. As for Gordon over Wallace, no clue. Curry can play the SG in fiba and Chandler gives them good size. Gordon sucks.

^^ this shows your ignorance.

daleja424
07-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Im disappointed that McGee got cut. I think he could have brought something interesting to this team, and I think they really needed the insurance of a third big man.

Sixerlover
07-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Rondo, Gay and Green are the final 3 cuts IMO. They already have a lot of shooting with Billups, Curry, Gordon, Durant, and Granger, so the need for a high volume scorer in Gay is pointless. There is enough talented PG play so Rondo is a luxury, and JG will compete with Kevin Love and Lamar Odom for the PF spot. Odom is a more polished version of him, and Love is a fierce rebounder with the best outlet pass in the league (which is key in international ball). They are the odd men out.

But these cuts shouldn't have shocked anyone.

topdog
07-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Makes sense. Wallace is similar to A.I. but not quite as good of an offensive player, Evans is the athletic non-shooter that hasn't gotten team U.S.A. into trouble in the past (and was injured) and Mayo just kind of got lost in the numbers.

McGee is a surprise/not surprise for me: with the lack of size and shot-blocking, it would make sense to give him a longer look/late addition, still raw probably not up for world competition.

topdog
07-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Rondo, Gay and Green are the final 3 cuts IMO. They already have a lot of shooting with Billups, Curry, Gordon, Durant, and Granger, so the need for a high volume scorer in Gay is pointless. There is enough talented PG play so Rondo is a luxury, and JG will compete with Kevin Love and Lamar Odom for the PF spot. Odom is a more polished version of him, and Love is a fierce rebounder with the best outlet pass in the league (which is key in international ball). They are the odd men out.

But these cuts shouldn't have shocked anyone.

I think Gay has a shot over Granger, but I wouldn't disagree with your analysis.

NBA-GMaster
07-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I didnt thought Wallace will be cut.. As I expected Mayo, McGee and Evans(ankle problem) will be cut.. now 3 to go..

NBA-GMaster
07-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Im expecting Green, Westbrooks and Gordon will be cut..

John Walls Era
07-29-2010, 03:04 AM
^ I'm thinking Gordan and Green as well. Maybe Granger.

Cano24
07-29-2010, 03:10 AM
I understand it means a lot to him, but it could affect this season or his future if the injury gets worse or he tweeks it even worse. i give him credit, but it wasnt exactly the smartest thing and i am sure the kings were kind of pissed he didnt just drop out of it. theres no shame in quitting because you don't wanna riskinjury and possibly the up coming season and or future.

he has not practiced or played since he hurt his ankle

Cano24
07-29-2010, 03:12 AM
I think Brook will be one of the next three cut....his style of play is not coach K.....Coach K doesnt know what to do with real centers

B.JenningsMVP
07-29-2010, 03:18 AM
smh @ Mayo being cut.. I mean with him being a shooter and having ability to create for others thought it would be perfect for international play.. oh well lol

John Walls Era
07-29-2010, 03:22 AM
smh @ Mayo being cut.. I mean with him being a shooter and having ability to create for others thought it would be perfect for international play.. oh well lol

Would you say hes better than Curry?

Also why wasn't Jennings invited?

B.JenningsMVP
07-29-2010, 03:34 AM
Would you say hes better than Curry?

Also why wasn't Jennings invited?

Nooo, no.. Curry's better.. But you can never have enough shooters on a team.
& I don't even know hahaha.. Maybe because Coach K can't handle his swag lol

John Walls Era
07-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Nooo, no.. Curry's better.. But you can never have enough shooters on a team.
& I don't even know hahaha.. Maybe because Coach K can't handle his swag lol

Yeah I agree that Curry is better. Also BJ and Wall should've at least been invited, they deserve more respect than that.

Cano24
07-29-2010, 03:46 AM
Yeah I agree that Curry is better. Also BJ and Wall should've at least been invited, they deserve more respect than that.

not trying to start a pissing match but why exactly does John Wall "Deserve" anything right now...he is a rookie who has yet to prove himself

John Walls Era
07-29-2010, 04:10 AM
not trying to start a pissing match but why exactly does John Wall "Deserve" anything right now...he is a rookie who has yet to prove himself

I get what you're saying, but hes actually a very good player (in college). Why not give the first overall pick an invite at least? I'm not saying Wall would be a huge asset but it wouldn't hurt to invite him.

ByShine
07-29-2010, 04:26 AM
why is gerald wallace cut?
whats going on here

What?
07-29-2010, 05:05 AM
None of the cuts surprised me other then I wasn't sure if they were going to cut gordon or mayo

Wallace sucked at the scrimage and his game isn't ment for international play, Mcgee is n't as good as Chandler or Lopez, evans was injured

What?
07-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Also so now it seems Lopez and Chandler are a lock and Gordon and Curry are basically locks unless they put durant at the 2

Enemey
07-29-2010, 05:10 AM

lmao:laugh:

S-Dot
07-29-2010, 08:39 AM

Gordon is one of the best shooters on that USA team, and can score in bunches. That's two things Gerald Wallace cannot offer for that USA team. They don't really need his style of play in FIBA.

John Walls Era
08-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Anyone know why Dwight Howard isn't playing this year?