PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Pulls Arash Markazi Article Chronicling Lebron in Vegas

Gibby23
07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/espn-may-have-pulled-story-painting-lebron-james-as-childlike-megalomaniac/

by Dan Fogarty | 12:36 pm, July 28th, 2010

Earlier this morning, I found a Twitter link to a LeBron James story by ESPN.com’s Arash Markazi. The article chronicles LeBron’s recent birthday party in Las Vegas, and paints him in a less-than-flattering light. Now, the link is dead, and I’m wondering if ESPN pulled it because of pressure from James’ camp.

Chris Littman chronicles the bizarre series of events on his Twitter. He first tweeted about the article’s “funny visual imagery” a few minutes before noon. 15 minutes later, the article was wiped from the face of ESPN, as if it never existed. Luckily, Littman posted a JPEG of the article.

Here are some of the “funny images” from LeBron’s birthday:

- “Bottle after bottle” of ‘Ace of Spades’ champagne is delivered to LeBron by a waiter who flies down from the dance floor “like an overgrown Peter Pan.” All we can say is, we saw this coming.

- One time the waiter is dressed as a King, another as Indiana Jones. At one point he almost kicks LeBron in the head by accident, to which James says, “I wish they’d have one of these girls with no panties do that instead of this guy.”

- Glen “Big Baby” Davis, apparently at the same club by coincidence, walks by and surveys the spectacle before him. All he can do is shake his head and keep walking.

- LeBron and Lamar Odom teach each other how to Dougie.

- Markazi on James: “The more time you spend around him, the more you realize he’s a child wrapped in 6-foot-8, 250-pound frame.” Yep, that’s probably the line that got Camp James angry.

As Littman points out, this isn’t the first time that LeBron’s handlers may or may not have censored a story about their star. Remember the Jordan Crawford dunk?

Here is a link to the full storey:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BzRY0yltRz9ANzc5OWEyN2YtZjM2Yy00NmFjL WE4MWYtNmFlN2JiZDRmNWFi&hl=en

black1605
07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
I like Lebron, but this makes him seem pretty douchey.

justinnum1
07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
lol

still1ballin
07-28-2010, 02:46 PM
lol

DaBUU
07-28-2010, 02:47 PM
http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/255102726/m/437107146

IndyRealist
07-28-2010, 02:49 PM
ESPN lost what little news credibility they had with "The Decision". They might as well go all the way and start a ESPN-Lebron channel.

mets77
07-28-2010, 02:51 PM
ESPN lost what little news credibility they had with "The Decision". They might as well go all the way and start a ESPN-Lebron channel.

lmao that be so funny

Da Knicks

It would be smart haters and lovers love talking about this guy. It happens when he is the best player, its happend to the rest of the guys who were the best.;)

kozelkid
As usual, ESPN, Nike and Camp Lebron show that they are one seamless corporation.

DCSportsIsPain
07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Typical BSPN, protecting their favorite airtime fillers ...
Given the manner in which they handled the Tigers Woods affair, does this really come as a surprise to anyone?

sep11ie
07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Y'all didn't know the L in ESPN stood for LeBron?

black1605
07-28-2010, 02:54 PM
there's an L in espn?

mRc08
07-28-2010, 02:56 PM
its pretty simple, lebron has been fooling fans for years that he was an nba "good guy". This summer, he has painted an awful image for himself and I can't believe how much damage this guy was able to do to his image. If lebron james doesn't win a championship in the next few years, I could see him becoming frusterated/depressed and just loose it. I feel like people shifted the tiger woods hatred to lebron, which, i cant say wasnt deserved.

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 02:57 PM
So I wonder how many people will say that to give lebron a break and stop hating on him. I know he might play for your team or you might be on his nut sack so he can never do anything wrong in your eyes, i mean you might let him get away with murder, but come on, i hope this somewhat paints another picture in your eyes and you can think even more a little less of him.

mjt20mik
07-28-2010, 02:57 PM
He's still a kid. What do you expect. Plus this is during the offseason.

prash
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Not the first article to get pulled today either. Yahoo's front page headline about 2 nascar drivers criticizing the league got pulled within minutes of being posted earlier this morning as well.

GoatMilk
07-28-2010, 02:59 PM
there's an L in espn?

yup

amoore87
07-28-2010, 02:59 PM
im not always "for" lebron, but its his bday let em do what he wants

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 03:04 PM
25 isnt a kid, its young but not a kid. you get wild when your 18,19,20,even21, but 25?and so what if its the off season. when your getting paid millions to act like a role model, the least you can do is act like one in public. you wanna get wild and crazy, do it in the private of your home or something where it wont affect your teams public image at all.

smith&wesson
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
they should just change the name to LESPN. .

so bascially all theyre allowed to do is glorify him ?? wait till a chick acuses him of rape like kobe, , i bet espn would be looking at bron bron in a different light for a while then.

sep11ie
07-28-2010, 03:14 PM
there's an L in espn?

It's silent

sep11ie
07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
they should just change the name to LESPN. .
so bascially all theyre allowed to do is glorify him ?? wait till a chick acuses him of rape like kobe, , i bet espn would be looking at bron bron in a different light for a while then.

If u say that fast it sounds like lesbian

NYtilIdie
07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
To be honest, I honestly don't give two s**ts about what Lebron does in Vegas.

The man just did what everyone does when they go to Vegas and thats to have a good time. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

sep11ie
07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... Except for herpies, that **** stays with ya forever.

Gibby23
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
MSNBC is reporting on ESPN pulling story being pulled.

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/07/-espn-mysteriously-pulls.html.php

ESPN heavily invested in James with The Decision show, all the while insisting that there had been no blurring of the line between producing the TV spectacle and reporting the story. But now it appears that there may be a conflict of interest at play; Markazi's eyewitness account doesn't exactly show LeBron in the best light. He's a somewhat-married father of two, after all. Literally wading in Grey Goose? Waiters floating on wires? Naked chicks in bathtubs? Caligula is wondering if his invitation got lost in the mail.

I've contacted ESPN for a response, and have heard only that they're "looking into it."

joeboow90
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I cant even believe how badly Lebron has diminshed himself and his brand. Before the playoffs started nobody hated this guy, NOBODY. He was one of my favorite players in the league, i didnt have 1 bad thing to say about the guy. Now, i cant even find one GOOD thing to say about this bum. I feel like its Tiger Woods all over again. its amazing

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 03:35 PM
MSNBC is reporting on ESPN pulling story being pulled.

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/07/-espn-mysteriously-pulls.html.php

if other news outlets like this are picking up the story, this is only gonna end bad for lebron and ESPN.

twoearl
07-28-2010, 03:42 PM
I am not sure people realize this but Lebron is 25 years old! How many 25 year old millionares go to Vegas and don't get wild and crazy? These 55 year old writers need to realize Bron is in his mid twenties not some Middle aged guy worrying about his 401K stock options.

Jonathan2323
07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
So I wonder how many people will say that to give lebron a break and stop hating on him. I know he might play for your team or you might be on his nut sack so he can never do anything wrong in your eyes, i mean you might let him get away with murder, but come on, i hope this somewhat paints another picture in your eyes and you can think even more a little less of him.

Bro i would be doing the samething if i had his celebrity and money. You all act like little saints, **** that i would be crazy too. Bring on the women and alcohol.

I knew there were alot of nerds on PSD

Let the guy live.

black1605
07-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I am not sure people realize this but Lebron is 25 years old! How many 25 year old millionares go to Vegas and don't get wild and crazy? These 55 year old writers need to realize Bron is in his mid twenties not some Middle aged guy worrying about his 401K stock options.

The article isn't critical of Lebron though, it is simply an account of what happened. ESPN sent the reporter on an assignment, Lebron's people have him access, and now someone is trying to damage control for Lebron's image, probably someone in his camp. I love Lebron, he needs to get a real manager; this Carter guy is doing him zero favors.

jdmd3
07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Not surprising. He's in Vegas & people usually go crazy.

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Bro i would be doing the samething if i had his celebrity and money. You all act like little saints, **** that i would be crazy too. Bring on the women and alcohol.

Let the guy live.

so you go out in public and make a mockery of yourself then have your people contact espn to pull the article? i mean come on. and you cant compare yourself to james. if you had his money and status. for one, he is a role model supposedly, not just some rich guy. for two, im sure he has the money to do that stuff at home. if he wants to act like this, then fine, but hemust of even felt ashame and thats why he had the article pulled.

SundaeBest
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM
I cant even believe how badly Lebron has diminshed himself and his brand. Before the playoffs started nobody hated this guy, NOBODY. He was one of my favorite players in the league, i didnt have 1 bad thing to say about the guy. Now, i cant even find one GOOD thing to say about this bum. I feel like its Tiger Woods all over again. its amazing

You're eyes were closed that's why....a lot of us have known this for years, let the dancing monkey dance, he won't win anything next year anyways.

twoearl
07-28-2010, 03:54 PM
so you go out in public and make a mockery of yourself then have your people contact espn to pull the article? i mean come on. and you cant compare yourself to james. if you had his money and status. for one, he is a role model supposedly, not just some rich guy. for two, im sure he has the money to do that stuff at home. if he wants to act like this, then fine, but hemust of even felt ashame and thats why he had the article pulled.

It's the guys Birthday for pete sakes, let the guy have some fun. He was doing nothing illegal or wrong. Just at a club having fun with his friends. I think he has the right pull down the story. I'm 400% sure if a camera followed everyone on PSD for a year it would be some stuff we wouldn't want people to know either. Give the guy a break! lol

R cool J
07-28-2010, 04:05 PM
i was there...vegas was crackin!!!!!!!!! hahahaha saw lamar and rob kardashian at serendipity

chicagocubsfan
07-28-2010, 04:08 PM
hahahaha what a douche. well his "camp" isn't helping him though, they are treating him like he is a god.

smith&wesson
07-28-2010, 04:09 PM
If u say that fast it sounds like lesbian

LOL Yeah if you have a lisp .

lespian, lespian, lol i like it.

smith&wesson
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
there's an L in espn?

dont say it loud, you may get blocked from theyre web page. or they'll erase all your posts on here :D

yep lebrons even got mods on psd. jk jk.

smith&wesson
07-28-2010, 04:13 PM
i was there...vegas was crackin!!!!!!!!! hahahaha saw lamar and rob kardashian at serendipity

shoot, Lespn might erase you as a witness.

ewing
07-28-2010, 04:13 PM

Let the guy live.

Reading that article was the most fun I've had all day. **** I've never been a LeBron fan but that article made me like him a little more if anything

hgtiger32
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
who cares? i've had enough of everyone trying to find something negative about LeBron...bunch of jealous clowns

Tony_Starks
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Sounds like Lebron had one big helluva good time to me! More power to him man if I was in his shoes I wouldn've been doing the same thing except there probably would've been strippers involved.

The funniest part was about Big Baby walking by and checking out the scene. I can just imagine him looking from the outside and Lebron looking at him like "hey, how the hell did THIS guy get in here? Security!!" lol

8kobe24
07-28-2010, 04:18 PM
It's Vegas, it was his birthday, of course lots of drinking and dancing going on along with things he said that he probably don't remember. Just because the man back stabbed Cleveland don't mean he can't party.:D It's not like the dude started a fight with anyone. I like how he got thrown LA and Westside hand signs though,lol.

RulerSlick
07-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Haters gone hate lol

Kevj77
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey I'm not Lebrons biggest fan. It's obvious his image is completely fake, just like Tiger before the crash or Kobe before Colorado. Still it was the guys birthday, it's Vegas and he's rich. He is intitled to some fun without a reporter snitching on him.

Did he make it rain and someone got shot outside a club? No...

Heater4life
07-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey I'm not Lebrons biggest fan. It's obvious his image is completely fake, just like Tiger before the crash or Kobe before Colorado. Still it was the guys birthday, it's Vegas and he's rich. He is intitled to some fun without a reporter snitching on him.

Did he make it rain and someone got shot outside a club? No...

Seriously! Espn has become a tabloid. who cares? What just because Lebron is a famous athlete hes not supposed to like drinking and naked women? C'mon! if it were a crime i understnd but now people want him to be a saint. Same thing with tiger, who cares! He wasnt arrested, he didnt kill anyone, hes a cheater, thats his problem. Again Espn is on the downfall, you report sporting news not tabloid like articles.

jiggin
07-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Lebron James is a douche bag. Everyone knows it, its no surprise and he keeps showing us over and over again.

Can't wait to read the headlines when he gets into trouble or tries to cover up some shenanigans down in south beach. Its not about whether or he will or will not get into trouble, its a matter of when and how they try and cover it up.

DOUCHE

omdigga
07-28-2010, 05:42 PM
lebron acted crazy in vegas.. omg..

i cant beleive this guy thought he can act like a fool, in vegas of all places!!

netsgiantsyanks
07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
im sorry but....who gives a **** what lebron does in vegas??? i dont

FXMAN
07-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I live in Vegas and work with a lot of the nightclub people, A friend that works at Tao actually said to me that " Lindsey Lohan a year ago actually had more class than Lebron had the other night and that Lebron was a douche to everyone who worked at the club"
Way to go Lebron, you were mentioned in the same sentence as a drug addict thats in jail and she was painted in a better light than you.

Tony_Starks
07-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Im starting to seriously think Lebron has taken the title from Kobe as the official "player haters magnet!" Sweet!!

iggypop123
07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
lol lebron can have his fun all he wants in miami but the laughable part is espn trying to cover for him. first nike with the dunk last year now espn. its hilarious, his team absolutely knows nothing about PR

lakersfan01
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
He's still a kid. What do you expect. Plus this is during the offseason.

He's a deusch. I didn't realize 25 years old was still a kid! 17 years old is a kid! And he doesn't even act 17! My elbow hurts lol.

AddiX
07-28-2010, 08:23 PM
How the hell ESPN let a 25 year old tell them what to do? I use to go to ESPN for my news first, now I come here.

Bron is a video hoe.

TEXASTITAN
07-28-2010, 08:25 PM
there's an L in espn?

LJNN= The Lebron James News Network.....

Jenceman
07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
He's just partying....

What's the big deal?

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Espn sucks. They didnt even release the story about lebron's mom and delonte because they were told not to. If they did release it, not as many people would blame lebron for leavivng that dump.

hyb152
07-28-2010, 08:31 PM
He's a deusch. I didn't realize 25 years old was still a kid! 17 years old is a kid! And he doesn't even act 17! My elbow hurts lol.

I'm no lebron/heat fan, but you have no credibility when it comes to lebron because you're a laker fan. Laker fans unanimously hate lebron so your point was so biased and pointless. 25, multi millionaire, and living the life he has, we'd all be partying our *** off too. When Kobe was 25, he was gettin some from hotel maids. Point is, Kobe was still out enjoying himself cuz he was one of the top athletes in the world. When lebron settles down and has a family and is in his 30's like kobe, he'll be like kobe is today.

The Final Boss
07-28-2010, 08:40 PM
lebron is and always will be a clown. And for those of you defending him and saying he's still a kid need to check his birth certificate, the *** is over 25 years old and still doesn't get it. He's been an "adult" for 7 years, with handlers mind you and you guys still protect the clown who doesn't give a **** about you. Then again maybe some of you are 25 living in your moms basement so you feel obligated to back him.

sargon21
07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
i mean not that this story proves it, however it does assist to the fact that he is an arrogant deuche, how can you argue he's not a deuche?

LanceUpperCut
07-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Some of you guys are so lame on here calling a guy a douche for partying in Vegas on your birthday. Go back to your book club. I don't care for Lebron but come the **** on. I did'nt realize the P in PSD stood for *****.

R cool J
07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
It's Vegas, it was his birthday, of course lots of drinking and dancing going on along with things he said that he probably don't remember. Just because the man back stabbed Cleveland don't mean he can't party.:D It's not like the dude started a fight with anyone. I like how he got thrown LA and Westside hand signs though,lol.

Hahahaha yeah...me and my friends started chanting KOBE KOBE!! he was cool about it.

blastmasta26
07-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Some of you guys are so lame on here calling a guy a douche for partying in Vegas on your birthday. Go back to your book club. I don't care for Lebron but come the **** on. I did'nt realize the P in PSD stood for *****.
Truth right here. Why the hell does it matter what LBJ does? I hated on LeBron for some things, but this **** doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

dodie53
07-28-2010, 10:08 PM
big baby should have joined LBJ's party.
hehe

SupeUnagi
07-28-2010, 10:12 PM
wow
lebron parties in vegas
likes and wants naked women
dances in a club

what a douce!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthSideRookie
07-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Man Lequit makes Barkley look like an angel !

SouthSideRookie
07-28-2010, 10:23 PM

Let the guy live.

:cheers:

SouthSideRookie
07-28-2010, 10:27 PM
I live in Vegas and work with a lot of the nightclub people, A friend that works at Tao actually said to me that " Lindsey Lohan a year ago actually had more class than Lebron had the other night and that Lebron was a douche to everyone who worked at the club"
Way to go Lebron, you were mentioned in the same sentence as a drug addict thats in jail and she was painted in a better light than you.

:facepalm:

boolish
07-28-2010, 10:28 PM
I think in the end Lbrand may be exposed as a bigger con artist than Tiger Woods. Let's see how it plays out.

SupeUnagi
07-28-2010, 10:34 PM
but the funny thing about it is, outside of bitter hardcore fans of teams that missed out on lebron in free agency

no ones gives a **** about any of this. which is why i find all of the lebron talk funny. people see all of the obsession with him and are actually starting to take his side and wanting people to leave him alone

hell i thought lebron was a douche right before i signed up here and saw how people are google searching 4 month old article about how lebron didnt tip a pizza guy

its ridiculous

jiggin
07-28-2010, 11:11 PM
He's just partying....

What's the big deal?

so acting like a douche and being an ******* is part of partying?

wow...you must be a dick to hang out with at a bar if you think that is how people are suppose to act.

jiggin
07-28-2010, 11:15 PM

I didn't realize the P in party stood for pain in the ***.

why is ok for people be horrible people just because they are rich or because its their birthday and they are in vegas.

maybe there is a bigger issue here...people like you thinking its ok to be a dick just because you are in vegas or its your birthday.

SupeUnagi
07-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I didn't realize the P in party stood for pain in the ***.

why is ok for people be horrible people just because they are rich or because its their birthday and they are in vegas.

maybe there is a bigger issue here...people like you thinking its ok to be a dick just because you are in vegas or its your birthday.

and how exactly was he being a dick?

was it the dancing? the talk of women? the partying in vegas? :eyebrow:

jiggin
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
big baby should have joined LBJ's party.
hehe

the point of his name being dropped was to point out that other NBA players think he is a joke as well.

big baby shook his head and walked away because of how ridiculous LBJ and the situation was...it wasn't a complement in any way shape or form.

I think its hilarious that LBJ is losing the respect of other NBA players, past and present. He is such an idiot.

jiggin
07-28-2010, 11:21 PM
and how exactly was he being a dick?

was it the dancing? the talk of women? the partying in vegas? :eyebrow:

you have the article talking about how rediculous of a spectical the whole event was...and the writer had his article pulled because he stated that LBJ was acting like a child and has always acted like a child, thus why he didn't see anything wrong with the attention grabbing rediculous situation he had in vegas.

the...we have a report from someone on here that lives in vegas and says he was a total *** to the people that worked their and were working the party. Now, believe that or don't based on the source, but history would put that statement more in a "probably true" category than not.

Its pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together...if you WANT to see the truth. Then again, if you like LBJ it would be hard to pull the vial from away from your eyes. It also would be hard to see wrong doing if you think acting like this is ok for anyone. but again...that would be a bigger issue than just this LBJ topic.

remember, the article was pulled because the writer talked about how bad LBJ was down there....thus the reason why ESPN was pressured to pull it by the LBJ cronies.

if he wasn't acting the fool, why pull the article?

SupeUnagi
07-28-2010, 11:24 PM
you have the article talking about how rediculous of a spectical the whole event was...and the writer had his article pulled because he stated that LBJ was acting like a child and has always acted like a child, thus why he didn't see anything wrong with the attention grabbing rediculous situation he had in vegas.

the...we have a report from someone on here that lives in vegas and says he was a total *** to the people that worked their and were working the party.

Now, believe that or don't based on the source, but history would put that statement more in a "probably true" category than not.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
thanks, man

rapsallday
07-28-2010, 11:29 PM
As usual, ESPN, Nike and Camp Lebron show that they are one seamless corporation.

Don't forget the nba