PDA

View Full Version : Phillies call up Domonic Brown

doyerfan59
07-28-2010, 01:41 PM
ed_price
#Phillies call up top prospect Domonic Brown with Shane Victorino going on DL.

Lets see how the top prospect does

VRP723
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Cool, should be fun to watch

AllTimeBest
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Big day for Phillies fans I'm sure. A big piece of their future.

ILikeThePhils
07-28-2010, 01:48 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am so friggin' happy about this. This isn't in all caps so the rest doesn't get turned to lower case.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOM BROWN WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO #9 WHOOOOOOO WRECK 'EM WHOOOOOOOOO

Pinstripe pride
07-28-2010, 01:52 PM
hopefully he can stick

grizz8884
07-28-2010, 01:53 PM

I am so friggin' happy about this. This isn't in all caps so the rest doesn't get turned to lower case.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOM BROWN WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO

:laugh:

Gonna keep my eye on Brown.

Jays Claw
07-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm looking forward to watching his debut with the Phillies.

yankswin27
07-28-2010, 01:56 PM
This guy's legit, hopefully he helps the Phillies win some more ball games.

bomber0104
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
my fantasy teams are happy

Dark Donnie
07-28-2010, 02:01 PM
my fantasy teams are happy

:up: same here

Giants&Phils
07-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Can't wait to see him, he's such a great talent.

Illa215
07-28-2010, 02:22 PM
This is a huge day for Phillies fans. I just bought a few tickets off of Stubhub..

Apparently he is starting in Right Field. Whooooooo!!!!!

RedSoxFan2434
07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Is Jayson Werth gone and yea Domonic Brown is goin on my fantasy team

ryansuydam26
07-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Stokeddddd

koldjerky
07-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Heyward, Stanton, now Brown!

GimmeAD
07-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Boner.

Lincecum4CY
07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
picked him up on fantasy. I'm already 1st in a 20 team division. Im going to be getting notes from everyone cussing me out lol. I'm always the first to pick up specs. Got posey,stanton,brown, and strasburg.

Giants&Phils
07-28-2010, 03:12 PM
picked him up on fantasy. I'm already 1st in a 20 team division. Im going to be getting notes from everyone cussing me out lol. I'm always the first to pick up specs. Got posey,stanton,brown, and strasburg.

Lucky you. :dance2:
Posey has been on a damn tear.

dfritz03
07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Great day to be a phils fan, hopefully they decide to deal Werth to plug up some holes on the club and so this guy can play everyday from here on out.

thefeckcampaign
07-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Great day to be a phils fan, hopefully they decide to deal Werth to plug up some holes on the club and so this guy can play everyday from here on out.Do you really see that happening now with Victorino being out 2-3 weeks?

Zmaster52
07-28-2010, 06:26 PM

:laugh: Just for that, I hope he gets injured :D

Dcup
07-28-2010, 07:20 PM
What is his playing outlook like? Is he going to start everyday or what?

Dark Donnie
07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
RBI double in his first AB and a run scored. :clap:

I read he might split time in the beginning...hitting against strictly righties.

Dcup
07-28-2010, 07:53 PM
^Thats good enough for a fantasy team that is mired in last place in a keeper league :).

MooseWithFleas
07-28-2010, 08:45 PM
2 for 3 :cool:

Kakaroach
07-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Another top prospect called up? Damn, Year of the Prospects?

Faithdies
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
He got home from 1st base before the ball got to the infield on that single. Faster than I thought.

BlueJayFanDan
07-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I wish he was a Blue Jay.

Faithdies
07-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Should have kept Taylor...

sexicano31
07-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Should have kept Taylor...

yeah okayyy

phillies4life13
07-29-2010, 12:30 AM
What a performance tonight, Although as a Doc owner in fantasy I was pissed when he let that Ball get by in the outfield and cost him the complete game shutout. Since he played so well on offense and it was his first game its okay tho...........

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Possible that he's auditioning for potential trade partners involving pitching?

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 12:42 AM
It's becoming clear that Happ as the centerpiece to a deal for Oswalt isn't going to get a deal done and mabye brown is headed to houston within the next week.

mikeman0000
07-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Brown's not getting traded to Houston. Hell no. He's going to be in Philly for a lonnng time

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Houston named brown as one of the specs they wanted in a deal for Roy so nothing would surprise me. The Astros keeping Roy and trading him next year wouldn't surprise me either.

Dark Donnie
07-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Their is literally no chance Brown is dealt....none.

I read it's Happ and prospects.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 12:52 AM
It's becoming clear that Happ as the centerpiece to a deal for Oswalt isn't going to get a deal done and mabye brown is headed to houston within the next week.

:laugh:

How many times can you be wrong... They wouldn't trade Brown for the best pitcher in baseball in Halladay or Lee... yet you think they will trade him for Oswalt and his big contract.... It is being reported that the deal is already in place and that is Happ and specs... Lol happ the centerpiece for Oswalt makes me so HAPPy.... See what I did there lol.

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Houston named brown as one of the specs they wanted in a deal for Roy so nothing would surprise me. The Astros keeping Roy and trading him next year wouldn't surprise me either.

Dude if they wouldn't give him up for Roy Halladay why on Earth would they give him up for Oswalt? This guy is one of the most valuable trade assets in baseball. Fan Graphs just rated him number 50 on their 2010 trade values. Oswalt is not worth any real top prospect especially with his conditions on the 2012 option.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Apparently Houston is waiting for Roy to approve the deal so i guess we'll find out soon enough. Since were paying part of his contract you are going to have to give up better prospects for the deal to work. Houston's owner is very very critical of public opinion and if he doesn't make out with good future prospects for Roy he knows he's in deep **** with the Astros fanbase.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Dude if they wouldn't give him up for Roy Halladay why on Earth would they give him up for Oswalt? This guy is one of the most valuable trade assets in baseball. Fan Graphs just rated him number 50 on their 2010 trade values. Oswalt is not worth any real top prospect especially with his conditions on the 2012 option.

If you had to take on his entire salary i would agree with you that the prospects given up wouldn't be much. But since the report is were taking on some of his salary your going to have to give up something to get something thats how it works. Brown is a prospect and Roy is a proven ace there's a big difference there and if Roy wasn't worth anything your team wouldn't be after him.

bringinwood
07-29-2010, 01:03 AM
If you had to take on his entire salary i would agree with you that the prospects given up wouldn't be much. But since the report is were taking on some of his salary your going to have to give up something to get something thats how it works. Brown is a prospect and Roy is a proven ace there's a big difference there and if Roy wasn't worth anything your team wouldn't be after him.

Brown wouldn't have been called and presented to the Philadelphia faithfuls if he was going to get traded one day later...

Honestly, the reaction the Philadelphia crowd gave when Brown stepped up to the plate in the 2nd inning was enough to sway Ruben away from trading him for the next 10 seasons....

If he trades Brown for Oswalt, he might be fired at the end of the season.... I'm not kidding... That would be one of the dumbest trades in history, regardless of how it played out...

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 01:06 AM

THERE IS ZERO CHANCE YOU ARE GETTING BROWN HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT. dude come on.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Brown wouldn't have been called and presented to the Philadelphia faithfuls if he was going to get traded one day later...

Honestly, the reaction the Philadelphia crowd gave when Brown stepped up to the plate in the 2nd inning was enough to sway Ruben away from trading him for the next 10 seasons....

If he trades Brown for Oswalt, he might be fired at the end of the season.... I'm not kidding... That would be one of the dumbest trades in history, regardless of how it played out...

You might be interested to know that some of oswalts numbers are better or on average with halladay's career numbers. Trading a prospect for an ace is never a dumb trade especially considering you have him under contract for more than just a half season rental. Im not trying to start an argument im just saying be realistic.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:07 AM

If you guys are paying salary then I could understand someone like cosart or Singleton... But not Brown. It is a 0 percent chance brown is traded.

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 01:08 AM

Dude it was crazy I was real close to right field. He got a standing ovation before he did anything. I didn't realize that the less informed fan knew that much about him but the whole stadium was as excited as I was.

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 01:10 AM
You might be interested to know that some of oswalts numbers are better or on average with halladay's career numbers. Trading a prospect for an ace is never a dumb trade especially considering you have him under contract for more than just a half season rental. Im not trying to start an argument im just saying be realistic.

You are definitely not being realistic if you think that the Phillies will trade one of the best prospects in baseball for a third starter with a bad back.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Either singleton or brown is included in this deal wait and see. Those 2 names were exchanged from day 1 of trade talks. There's no need to be defensive about it im just saying it's a possibility. Houston must have been blown away with a trade offer to accept it and waiting on oswalts approval thats all im saying if it was a garbage deal they would just wait and trade him next year they are in no hurry.

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Either singleton or brown is included in this deal wait and see. Those 2 names were exchanged from day 1 of trade talks. There's no need to be defensive about it im just saying it's a possibility. Houston must have been blown away with a trade offer to accept it and waiting on oswalts approval thats all im saying if it was a garbage deal they would just wait and trade him next year they are in no hurry.

Singleton wouldn't shock me because of the situation at first base but I would be a bit suprised.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 01:13 AM
You are definitely not being realistic if you think that the Phillies will trade one of the best prospects in baseball for a third starter with a bad back.

Where's your proof of a 3rd starter with a bad back? He's made 30 or more starts since 2004 how that for reliability. Go check his career stat line with halladays and come back and honestly tell me he's garbage. When he's got almost as many wins given up less hits and runs and has a lower career ERA than halladay. Do some research before you post lies.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Singleton wouldn't shock me because of the situation at first base but I would be a bit suprised.

Agreed if its Happ and Singleton and 2 lower specs that ok with me for a year and a half of Oswalt... Lol Happ as the centerpiece.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Where's your proof of a 3rd starter with a bad back? He's made 30 or more starts since 2004 how that for reliability. Go check his career stat line with halladays and come back and honestly tell me he's garbage. When he's got almost as many wins given up less hits and runs and has a lower career ERA than halladay. Do some research before you post lies.

Go read the forum we were arguing in the other night about his back... He makes his starts but thats because he needs injections often... Also he missed the final 2-3 weeks last season because of how bad his back was and he had another injection when you guys faced the cubs earlier in the season so he wouldnt miss a start. I put all proof in my posts in the other thread... from Oswalt and Buster olneys mouths themselves. He also missed 31 days last year because of back pain... Again he makes his starts and is still a really great pitcher but his back pain is an issue.

Dark Donnie
07-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Agreed if its Happ and Singleton and 2 lower specs that ok with me for a year and a half of Oswalt... Lol Happ as the centerpiece.

If Singleton is in the deal then the 2012 option is being picked up and Hou is paying a portion of it. So 2 and a half years of Oswalt.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Go read the forum we were arguing in the other night about his back... He makes his starts but thats because he needs injections often... Also he missed the final 2-3 weeks last season because of how bad his back was and he had another injection when you guys faced the cubs earlier in the season so he wouldnt miss a start. I put all proof in my posts in the other thread... from Oswalt and Buster olneys mouths themselves.

You made that up the other day just like you made up ''he hasn't been the same since he won his cy youngs'' when oswalt has never won any cy youngs. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about and i think you proved that during that discussion.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 01:18 AM
If Singleton is in the deal then the 2012 option is being picked up and Hou is paying a portion of it. So 2 and a half years of Oswalt.

The trading team has to pick up the option automatically it kicks in per oswalts request. So the option is being picked up no matter who trades for him.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:20 AM
you made that up the other day just like you made up ''he hasn't been the same since he won his cy youngs'' when oswalt has never won any cy youngs. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about and i think you proved that during that discussion.

i gave you links to the stories... From olney and from blogs and from the houston chronicle... Go read. Damn.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:21 AM
You made that up the other day just like you made up ''he hasn't been the same since he won his cy youngs'' when oswalt has never won any cy youngs. You have absolutely no idea what your talking about and i think you proved that during that discussion.

Lol I have no idea what I am talking about but you think your getting brown. :laugh:

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:23 AM
bah gotta red due allt he links dammit

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 01:26 AM

Don't tell me I am posting lies. You don't know what your talking about. Oswalt has a ton of disc problems in his back and has had 3 cortizone shots in his back and would have a 4th if he went to philly. This is all according to something I heard from Seth Everett. Also if your actually arguing that Oswalt is a better pitcher than Halladay then your a moron.

TEXASTITAN
i gave you links to the stories... From olney and from blogs and from the houston chronicle... Go read. Damn.

When you were asked for links you didn't provide any that was the whole problem. Last year was the worst year of his career nobody can dispute that but this year has been one of his best so your story doesn't really hold much water. Usually people do research before they post stories not after. You claimed the guy won cy youngs and carried on like you knew what you were talking about when clearly you didn't. Im not going to argue with you we'll see what the deal is if/when it happens if it goes down at all. Im saying your getting a halladay type pitcher the side by side career stats back up my statement and Houston isn't going to trade him for second rate prospects. Someone of worth is going to have to be included and must have been for the Astros to ok a deal. Halladay vs Oswalts career stats might suprise you your not trading for a 3rd starter your trading for an ace thats going to bump hamels down to 3 in your rotation. But just because you want to get something for next to nothing there's no reason to act like children who are having their toys taken away by trading ''prized'' prospects who haven't proved anything at the major league level yet.

More-Than-Most

http://blogs.chron.com/baseballblog/archives/2010/01/heres_some_good.html

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2010/07/federovitch_for_phils_oswalt_d.html

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2010/7/25/1586806/roy-oswalt-and-dan-haren-a

http://mikesciosciastragicillness.co...y-oswalt-post/

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2010...ildcard-berth/

Here is something from June of this year...
Jun 25, 2010 ... Astros ace Oswalt receives injection for back irritation, ... irritated disk in his lower back and could have his next start pushed back. ... Cubs in the second inning because of a left lower back strain. ... runs for the Astros, who had been shut out in their previous two games against the Giants.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:27 AM
When you were asked for links you didn't provide any that was the whole problem. Last year was the worst year of his career nobody can dispute that but this year has been one of his best so your story doesn't really hold much water. Usually people do research before they post stories not after. You claimed the guy won cy youngs and carried on like you knew what you were talking about when clearly you didn't. Im not going to argue with you we'll see what the deal is if/when it happens if it goes down at all. Im saying your getting a halladay type pitcher the side by side career stats back up my statement and Houston isn't going to trade him for second rate prospects. Someone of worth is going to have to be included and must have been for the Astros to ok a deal. Halladay vs Oswalts career stats might suprise you your not trading for a 3rd starter your trading for an ace thats going to bump hamels down to 3 in your rotation. But just because you want to get something for next to nothing there's no reason to act like children who are having their toys taken away by trading ''prized'' prospects who haven't proved anything at the major league level yet.

Is there something wrong with you??? I am not saying he is not a great pitcher... I don't give a **** if he is 22-0 with a 000 era... His back is still a risk and an issue... and because of that back and his contract it should bring his value down... Why are you not understanding this. You might be one of the worst posters I have come across on Psd... Please re read your post and take your own advice. Also statistically or not please don't compare him to Halladay.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Don't tell me I am posting lies. You don't know what your talking about. Oswalt has a ton of disc problems in his back and has had 3 cortizone shots in his back and would have a 4th if he went to philly. This is all according to something I heard from Seth Everett. Also if your actually arguing that Oswalt is a better pitcher than Halladay then your a moron.

Check the stat line ''moron'' if your not too lazy to look compare for yourself. And ill tell you something else you don't want to hear had oswalt been on a team with offense all these years he'd have over 200 wins already and surpassed halladay.

TEXASTITAN
07-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Is there something wrong with you??? I am not saying he is not a great pitcher... I don't give a **** if he is 22-0 with a 000 era... His back is still a risk and an issue... and because of that back and his contract is should bring his value down... Why are you not understanding this.

Why don't you post your proof? Ive posted my argument he's made 30 or more starts since 2004 thats the end of your argument right there of him being unreliable and an injury risk. You lose.....30 or more starts buddy he misses next to no time at all. Goodnight thanks for proving my point yet AGAIN that you have no idea what the **** your talking about. You must have got your information from the same source that told you he won multiple cy youngs like you said the other day.:facepalm:

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:32 AM

Lol dude I posting link after link because he said I am a moron for posting lies because I also stated about his back after hearing Seth the other day. I bring up articles and he stills accuses people of telling lies.

More-Than-Most
07-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Why don't you post your proof? Ive posted my argument he's made 30 or more starts since 2004 thats the end of your argument right there of him being unreliable and an injury risk. You lose.....30 or more starts buddy he misses next to no time at all. Goodnight thanks for proving my point yet AGAIN that you have no idea what the **** your talking about. You must have got your information from the same source that told you he won multiple cy youngs like you said the other day.:facepalm:

Your right... Oswalt himself talking about his back and Olney and Seth Everett are all wrong and you are right.:facepalm:. You are an Astros fan and you dont even realize he missed 31 days last year with back problems and the final 2 weeks of the season. Lol have a nice night. Enjoy Happ

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 01:39 AM

We're not acting like Children we know might happen and what definitely won't happen. THERE IS NO CHANCE THAT YOU GET DOMONIC BROWN. That is pretty much a fact. It's more like you acting like a child who wants a toy if anything. I am being realistic and using facts. It is a fact that Oswalt has back problems and disc problems. It is an absolute fact that Roy Halladay is a much better pitcher than Oswalt. Past. Present. Future. I don't want to start that argument because any unbias fan would agree with me. Also for such a big Roy Oswalt fan you really don't know too much about him.

hugepatsfan
07-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Roy Halladay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roy Oswalt

Other than the same first name, I don't see how these two are alike. And I think Oswalt is great, but Halladay is on another level from him.

EaglesJackson10
07-29-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't really like using these stats but let's compare WAR from this year.

Halladay- 4.8
Oswalt- 2.7

Career Total WAR

Halladay- 59.8
Oswalt- 45.8

There best seasons in WAR

Halladay- 8.0
Oswalt- 6.6

Not to mention Halladay has won a Cy Young and pitched in the AL East for most of his career.

Dark Donnie
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Oswalt's got 19 CG's for his career...not bad. Halladay has 56.

GimmeAD
07-29-2010, 08:40 AM
I didn't know Ed Wade's stupidity could somehow be transferred to Astros fans as well?

Dcup
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
I wish he was a Blue Jay.

He SHOULD be a Blue Jay!

Check the stat line ''moron'' if your not too lazy to look compare for yourself. And ill tell you something else you don't want to hear had oswalt been on a team with offense all these years he'd have over 200 wins already and surpassed halladay.

This is just simply not true.