PDA

View Full Version : Mikhail Prokhorov: "Nets will be worth $1 billion in the next 5 years"

Highlight
07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Mikhail Prokhorov says he plans on the Nets being worth $1 billion in the next five years.
"I hope that this asset, which I bought for $200 million, will be worth at least $1 billion in five years," he said. "We got in at the right time." While this gives new meaning to the term 'buy low, sell high,' it will be interesting to see if the Nets, who will eventually play in Brooklyn, can get to $1 billion before a certain guy now wearing No. 6 in Miami.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2010/07/prokhorovs-other-five-year-pla.html

VinceCarter
07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
If everything goes to plan....

still1ballin
07-28-2010, 02:45 PM
^ if

uws
07-28-2010, 02:49 PM
this guy literally needs to shut his mouth. he is the most annoying owner in basketball. no one cares about his team, no one cars what he has to say. he knows nothing about basketball, or winning. Just being a criminal, sorry that doesnt work in the NBA prokerov

Da Knicks
07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Sell them to the wnba.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
this guy literally needs to shut his mouth. he is the most annoying owner in basketball. no one cares about his team, no one cars what he has to say. he knows nothing about basketball, or winning. Just being a criminal, sorry that doesnt work in the NBA prokerov

He knows nothing about basketball? Thats why his russian team won the championship. But in all seriousness I dont think anyone cares about the Knicks who have been the embarassment of the NBA for the last decade. You all talk about Gallo being a future all star the guy sucks on the lakers he would be on the bench. Before you start talking about teams you should worry about your own, Knicks are an embrassment to NYC.

GeekInThePink
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Sell them to the wnba.

says a Knicks fan

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 03:07 PM
He knows nothing about basketball? Thats why his russian team won the championship. But in all seriousness I dont think anyone cares about the Knicks who have been the embarassment of the NBA for the last decade. You all talk about Gallo being a future all star the guy sucks on the lakers he would be on the bench. Before you start talking about teams you should worry about your own, Knicks are an embrassment to NYC.

quiet...your team won 12 games and had one of the worst attendances in the NBA. Gallo would have averaged 20 ppg on your team and all your "young talent" would be sitting on the Lakers bench as well. Brook isn't even the best Lopez brother he just got lucky with an opportunity to play for such a sad team. Their big free agency score in the largest free agency the NBA has ever seen was travis outlaw for 35 million, even with a promise to move to bk and jay z begging people.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
quiet...your team won 12 games and had one of the worst attendances in the NBA. Their big free agency score in the largest free agency the NBA has ever seen was travis outlaw for 35 million, even with a promise to move to bk and jay z begging people.

When did I say I was a Nets fan?
I am sure all of you Knicks fans cant wait to pack the garden where nobody cheers and you can hardly hear a peep. The knicks fans suck and hardly cheer at all.

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 03:12 PM
When did I say I was a Nets fan?
I am sure all of you Knicks fans cant wait to pack the garden where nobody cheers and you can hardly hear a peep. The knicks fans suck and hardly cheer at all.

HAHAH check your own profile genius.... plus the Garden is one of the loudest arenas in the NBA, Nets old arena felt like a high school game.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 03:18 PM
HAHAH check your own profile genius.... plus the Garden is one of the loudest arenas in the NBA, Nets old arena felt like a high school game.

Loudest talk about loudest is Celtics, Knicks fans at games dont cheer at all I think they are embarassed to be there. When they score I dont hear any cheer at all. Take notes from Boston, Knicks arena is full of rich buisnesses who get tickets, tourists who get tickets from hotels *believe me this is true* and old Knicks fans who still go to the Garden with their knick hats and Ewing jerseys. I remember the funniest thing this year is how excited all the Knicks fans were of getting T-Mac that worked out awesome. The fans are darkened and quiet honestly the Knicks have no future. They went after Amare with hopes of Lebron someone they have been saying is coming for the past year. " OMG LEBRON WORE A NY YANKEES HAT HES COMING TO KNICKS" Amare signed with Knicks because no other team offered him a max deal because he is projected by age 30 to be done. His knees are awful and this year being the go to guy. Now you have your attention set to Melo and CP3 why cant you focus on your own roster why does it have to be superstars that have no chance of coming there....?

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Knicks have no future? Randolph, Gallo, Chandler, TD, Walker ... Amare loves proving people wrong and was a top 3-4 player in the NBA post all star break last year. I'd rather spend 100 mill on Amare than almost 100 mill on farmar, petro, morrow, outlaw....i'm sure plenty of teams offered a bench player 35 million. You guys couldn't even get Scola when u offered him 8 mill more than the rockets.
Knicks have a lot of young talent, a real star (whether you like him or not), and almost 20 mill in cap space for next year.... ye the future looks awful.

Hugbees
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
After all his hype before the offseason, he ended it with the signings of just role players, not even 1 max agent. So far his rap sheet has been blowing smoke and even after the disappointment he continues. The guy is arrogant, that's for sure.

cheetos185
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM

woohhh stop right there knicks stopped being embarrassment to NBA once kahn took over minny and we are less embarrassing than clips too so just keep that in mind :)

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Knicks have no future? Randolph, Gallo, Chandler, TD, Walker ... Amare loves proving people wrong and was a top 3-4 player in the NBA post all star break last year. I'd rather spend 100 mill on Amare than almost 100 mill on farmar, petro, morrow, outlaw....i'm sure plenty of teams offered a bench player 35 million. You guys couldn't even get Scola when u offered him 8 mill more than the rockets.
Knicks have a lot of young talent, a real star (whether you like him or not), and almost 20 mill in cap space for next year.... ye the future looks awful.

Randolph and the rest of those golden state warriors really went far last year I think they did worse then the Knicks. You lost David Lee and Al Harrigton and got those *clap*
Whats so good about Gallo? Hes alright but you Knicks fans make him out to be great the guy plays ZERO defense and shot the ball nearly everyime.
Wilson Chandler is a role player who is far from good
Toney Douglas has a bright future but thats future for now he wont be anything with Felton probably playing 35 min a game.
Bill Walker is a bright piece.
This team how is it a playoff team? Felton hit the playoffs once and that was this past year and had Stephen Jackson and Wallace to thank. Amare will be double teamed a lot and that will be an easy target. Knicks need to learn to play Defense.
As for Nets they have a top 5 center, a top 10 pg, a 3rd overall in Derrick Favors who will be great along side Brook because Yi was terrible. All of the bad players on the Nets are now gone including Hayes, Simmons, Boone, Hassell, Quinn, CDR.
Nets new guys have experience Farmar was a backup PG on the LAKERS!
Travis Outlaw was a over spend but they needed to spend a portion of their cap space and I believe he will average around 15 a game with starters minutes. Anthony Morrow had the best 3 point percentage 2 years ago and will def be huge. Johan Petro is just a backup Brook will be playing most minutes. Twill is young and will be a future star and then we go to Avery Johnson and Sam Mitchell two back to back coach of the year coaches. Avery has the highest winning percentage in NBA histroy. And you have that red neck from West Virginia.

JLMiles14
07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
woohhh stop right there knicks stopped being embarrassment to NBA once kahn took over minny and we are less embarrassing than clips too so just keep that in mind :)

I thought it was when the Nets won 12 games?

mjqusoldier
07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Loudest talk about loudest is Celtics, Knicks fans at games dont cheer at all I think they are embarassed to be there. When they score I dont hear any cheer at all. Take notes from Boston, Knicks arena is full of rich buisnesses who get tickets, tourists who get tickets from hotels *believe me this is true* and old Knicks fans who still go to the Garden with their knick hats and Ewing jerseys. I remember the funniest thing this year is how excited all the Knicks fans were of getting T-Mac that worked out awesome. The fans are darkened and quiet honestly the Knicks have no future. They went after Amare with hopes of Lebron someone they have been saying is coming for the past year. " OMG LEBRON WORE A NY YANKEES HAT HES COMING TO KNICKS" Amare signed with Knicks because no other team offered him a max deal because he is projected by age 30 to be done. His knees are awful and this year being the go to guy. Now you have your attention set to Melo and CP3 why cant you focus on your own roster why does it have to be superstars that have no chance of coming there....?

LOL @ this boy. He cleary doesnt have a clue about basketball. Its clear that hes just a hater. Let him talk and sound more and more stupid:facepalm:

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Randolph and the rest of those golden state warriors really went far last year I think they did worse then the Knicks. You lost David Lee and Al Harrigton and got those *clap*
Whats so good about Gallo? Hes alright but you Knicks fans make him out to be great the guy plays ZERO defense and shot the ball nearly everyime.
Toney Douglas has a bright future but thats future for now he wont be anything with Felton probably playing 35 min a game.
This team how is it a playoff team? Felton hit the playoffs once and that was this past year and had Stephen Jackson and Wallace to thank. Amare will be double teamed a lot and that will be an easy target. Knicks need to learn to play Defense.
As for Nets they have a top 5 center, a top 10 pg, a 3rd overall in Derrick Favors who will be great along side Brook because Yi was terrible. All of the bad players on the Nets are now gone including Hayes, Simmons, Boone, Hassell, Quinn, CDR.
Travis Outlaw was a over spend but they needed to spend a portion of their cap space and I believe he will average around 15 a game with starters minutes. Anthony Morrow had the best 3 point percentage 2 years ago and will def be huge. Johan Petro is just a backup Brook will be playing most minutes. Twill is young and will be a future star and then we go to Avery Johnson and Sam Mitchell two back to back coach of the year coaches. Avery has the highest winning percentage in NBA histroy. And you have that red neck from West Virginia.

Al Harrington is addition by subtraction, whoever says Amare isnt a HUGE upgrade over Lee doesn't know basketball. Felton is also a HUUUGGEEE upgrade over Duhon even though he is an average starter. to say Gallo, randolph and chandler aren't good is just stupid...gallo and randolph both have all star potential and chandler is much more than a role player.
Knicks are definitely a better team than the Nets right now and actually might make the playoffs...nets are not a playoff team they won 12 games and added farmar, morrow, petro, outlaw while losing cdr, dooling, boone and yi....thats almost a wash...nets projected win total - 25 games.

omdigga
07-28-2010, 03:43 PM
i like prokorov. hes showing he cares about the team.
he was right about bosh in miami and lebrons brand taking a hit because he chose miami.
a billion is a stretch but its definately gonna be worth more 5 years from now.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Al Harrington is addition by subtraction, whoever says Amare isnt a HUGE upgrade over Lee doesn't know basketball. Felton is also a HUUUGGEEE upgrade over Duhon even though he is an average starter. to say Gallo, randolph and chandler aren't good is just stupid...gallo and randolph both have all star potential and chandler is much more than a role player.
Yes Anthony Randolph has all star potential? :facepalm: Thats like me saying Josh Boone had that potential? From what does he have that king of potential? The NBA has 20 PF's better then Randolph..and good luck getting Gallo to be a SF all star with the likes of Lebron, Danny Granger, Paul Pierce, Andre Iguodala, Gerald Wallace among other huge names in the EAST that would be an all star before the name Gallo even comes out. Knicks fans who say Nets won 12 games...Nets won the same amount of games as the Knicks after the all star break. We will see this season when we beat the Knicks once again.

mjqusoldier
07-28-2010, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLD19ypf4uw

looks like all-star potential to me

Frezhnitz
07-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Knicks are definitely a better team than the Nets right now and actually might make the playoffs...nets are not a playoff team they won 12 games and added farmar, morrow, petro, outlaw while losing cdr, dooling, boone and yi....thats almost a wash...nets projected win total - 25 games.

Its fine for the nets. Not for a new york team.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Oh and yes I am so sad about losing 30 year old Dooling for Farmar.
Josh Boone who was on the list of top 10 worst NBA players.
Yi who was the softest lazyest player ive ever seen the guy couldnt play D and was hurt all the time. He would drop the ball. CDR Yes because CDR helped the Nets win games and I am so gonna miss him now that we have Anthony Morrow DAMN!

SNYmets86
07-28-2010, 03:54 PM
check ur self before u reck ur self fool

mjqusoldier
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Hes just madd cuz the Nets got shutout during free agency LMAO. I would be mad too

mjqusoldier
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
The Nets went from a 12 win team to a 15 win team lol good job

Frezhnitz
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Knick fans like to root for opposing teams.

njnets
07-28-2010, 04:00 PM

:clap:

I agree with this guy. Very intelligent post. I will say that proky does talk a little too much but it's nice to see that he wants to win over at any cost, unlike Bruce ratner. IM not a huge fan of the outlaw signing especially for that much but it is what it is.

As for the knicks, I say they have a good future but I believe that the nets have a better one. If the knicks make a big splash in the 2011 FA then they would be ahead. But the young talent on the nets in my
mind exceeds the knicks. I could be wrong but that's my take on it.

Also, to people who will say the nets are terrible for only winning 12 games, they somewhat have a point BUT, the nets worse players, just like in the quoted post, are gone. All the young guys get playing time and will grow. This makes them better players and even better pieces should the nets want to palate them in a trade for a big name player

Raidaz4Life
07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I could see it happening

Frezhnitz
07-28-2010, 04:02 PM

I agree with this guy. Very intelligent post. I will say that proky does talk a little too much but it's nice to see that he wants to win over at any cost, unlike Bruce ratner. IM not a huge fan of the outlaw signing especially for that much but it is what it is.

As for the knicks, I say they have a good future but I believe that the nets have a better one. If the knicks make a big splash in the 2011 FA then they would be ahead. But the young talent on the nets in my

Also, to people who will say the nets are terrible for only winning 12 games, they somewhat have a point BUT, the nets worse players, just like in the quoted post, are gone. All the young guys get playing time and will grow. This makes them better players and even better pieces should the nets want to palate them in a trade for a big name player

Not only that but people don't expect much out of the Nets as For the Knicks they do.

HoopsDrive
07-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I see.

JLMiles14
07-28-2010, 04:04 PM

Now take your logic and just look at the Knicks roster ;)

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I am very upset that the Nets have a future..I never thought I would see this but I think NY is jealous of Jersey. I mean the Superbowl is in NJ and Giants and Jets play in Jersey. But anyway I dont understand how the Nets were shut out? Because the Nets didnt get Amare, werent Knicks fans the ones bragging for the past year that Lebron was going to be a Knick because his favorite city was NY? You didnt say anything about the team all you said was "oh he will come here because its NY" In the NY area I think Knicks have become the Clippers they havent made the playoffs in like 8 years now. Nobody cares about them at all. I mean I cant wait till CP3 and Melo become Knicks next year because well CP3 said at a wedding or something :clap:. Just dicuss whats going on now with the Knicks stop talking about future stars coming there because that isnt going to happend. You havent drafted a single good player that you kept in the last 10 years.

hgtiger32
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
the only way that happens is if they start winning ASAP.

njnets
07-28-2010, 04:13 PM
[/U][/B]

Now take your logic and just look at the Knicks roster ;)

I see your point. They did get rid of some really really crappy players, just like the nets did. IMO though I think Harris and lopez and CO (clee, twill, etc) are better than building around gallo and Chandler and CO.

Again, I could be wrong. Mayb IM a homer idk. But I'd rather build around Harris and lopez.

I will agree though that the knicks will improve by getting rid of some of their crap players.

nanablvd
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
the Lakers and the Knicks are not even worth that much.

ballpd05
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I see your point. They did get rid of some really really crappy players, just like the nets did. IMO though I think Harris and lopez and CO (clee, twill, etc) are better than building around gallo and Chandler and CO.

Again, I could be wrong. Mayb IM a homer idk. But I'd rather build around Harris and lopez.

I will agree though that the knicks will improve by getting rid of some of their crap players.

And Amare

BKNets21
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
And Amare

Gimme a core of Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Derrick Favors and T-Will over Amar'e, Randolph, Gallo and Chandler.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Gimme a core of Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Derrick Favors and T-Will over Amar'e, Randolph, Gallo and Chandler.

I agree and the nets bench has more depth then the Knicks and we will actually be playing HARD DEFENSE THIS YEAR! AHAHA GOOD LUCK NETS

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I am very upset that the Nets have a future..I never thought I would see this but I think NY is jealous of Jersey. I mean the Superbowl is in NJ and Giants and Jets play in Jersey. But anyway I dont understand how the Nets were shut out? Because the Nets didnt get Amare, werent Knicks fans the ones bragging for the past year that Lebron was going to be a Knick because his favorite city was NY? You didnt say anything about the team all you said was "oh he will come here because its NY" In the NY area I think Knicks have become the Clippers they havent made the playoffs in like 8 years now. Nobody cares about them at all. I mean I cant wait till CP3 and Melo become Knicks next year because well CP3 said at a wedding or something :clap:. Just dicuss whats going on now with the Knicks stop talking about future stars coming there because that isnt going to happend. You havent drafted a single good player that you kept in the last 10 years.

LMAO NY jealous of Jersey?!?! What exactly are we jealous off? The 12 win team that gave out burritos, reversible jerseys and free tickets to get 6,000 people to get to come to games? The NJ team that is in a crazy hurry to built a stadium in NEW YORK because they think that will make them relevant? The same little snot nose team that put up billboards in manhattan that had to come down quickly because outlaw doesn't look intimidating painted on a building?? How bad does it make YOU feel that the Jets and Giants use your empty crappy land but refuse to put NJ on their helmets??? NY is very jealous of their mall and parking lot state....

JerseysFinest
07-28-2010, 04:27 PM
LMAO NY jealous of Jersey?!?! What exactly are we jealous off? The 12 win team that gave out burritos, reversible jerseys and free tickets to get 6,000 people to get to come to games? The NJ team that is in a crazy hurry to built a stadium in NEW YORK because they think that will make them relevant? The same little snot nose team that put up billboards in manhattan that had to come down quickly because outlaw doesn't look intimidating painted on a building?? How bad does it make YOU feel that the Jets and Giants use your empty crappy land but refuse to put NJ on their helmets??? NY is very jealous of their mall and parking lot state....

wow

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 04:31 PM

Hey id be jealous too, atleast you admit it. Knicks fans have always been jealous of the Nets because we were actually talked about. Now that the Nets have a new owner and will be the face of NY Knicks fans are scared and id be too if I were you guys. Knicks have been the worst run franchise with the worst talent and worst fans in the NBA. The last 2 years have been actually really funny if Lebron James woud say the word Knicks all of you would get on your computers and be like " HE SAID OUT NAME OOH MY GOOD YEY!!! HE SAID OUR NAME YEY!!!!" He chose not to go to NY for the same reason every other free agent didnt go there. Amare worth 100 million is horrible...nobody else was willing to give him that amount of money. And just letting you know that all the Knicks players live in New Jersey...hmm I wonder why..o yeah thats right because its actually a nice place to live in!! And if you ask Amare really nicley he will personally autograph your jersey thats right give it to him and he will autograph the word "DONE" on it. Because thats where his career is DONE!

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Hey id be jealous too, atleast you admit it. Knicks fans have always been jealous of the Nets because we were actually talked about. Now that the Nets have a new owner and will be the face of NY Knicks fans are scared and id be too if I were you guys. Knicks have been the worst run franchise with the worst talent and worst fans in the NBA. The last 2 years have been actually really funny if Lebron James woud say the word Knicks all of you would get on your computers and be like " HE SAID OUT NAME OOH MY GOOD YEY!!! HE SAID OUR NAME YEY!!!!" He chose not to go to NY for the same reason every other free agent didnt go there. Amare worth 100 million is horrible...nobody else was willing to give him that amount of money. And just letting you know that all the Knicks players live in New Jersey...hmm I wonder why..o yeah thats right because its actually a nice place to live in!! And if you ask Amare really nicley he will personally autograph your jersey thats right give it to him and he will autograph the word "DONE" on it. Because thats where his career is DONE!

You sound like an #%$@ I can't argue with you, since when are the nets talked about? haha. Sure athletes live in Jersey because its calmer for a celebrity to live where its less populated... stop putting NY and NJ in the same sentence its offensive....

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-28-2010, 04:38 PM

why you gotta be so mean :cry:

lol

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
I am much happier here in Jersey yes it is very calm and we have actually the highest population density of any state but sure... I mean when your greatest living sports hero is a fat overated loser like Patrick Ewing and Jersey has burned you more times then the Knicks in the playoffs it can be quiet unhealthy. But today is a special day I think I can make an exception its not everyday when you have a guy like Amare..but somethings quiet not right..oh I know whats it is the part where Knicks fans are excited about Amare...what has the guy done. I hope when Miami Heat comes you cheer for your future star Lebron I mean everytime he came you cheered for him. Lebron said NY we live in NEW YORK HE SAID OUT CITY YEY!!!! He is wearing a yankee hat that means hes coming here. Lets cheer for him to score on our own team. NEW YORK KNICKS SUCK!!! THe nets have embrassed the knicks to many times in the Garden the stadium where everyone wants to play!!!

Grifftiggs
07-28-2010, 04:49 PM
What is he smoking?

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
07-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Embarrassment to the NBA... Did you not see the nets record last year?? :facepalm:

heathonater
07-28-2010, 04:56 PM
they are going to need a new stadium by then to increase their value as well as at least 2 superstars two be worth that much. i dont even think the heat or lakers are close to a billion dollars in worth, so i find it unlikely that they get their value to that level.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Embarrassment to the NBA... Did you not see the nets record last year?? :facepalm:

Did you not see the Knicks the past 10 years?

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
07-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I am much happier here in Jersey yes it is very calm and we have actually the highest population density of any state but sure... I mean when your greatest living sports hero is a fat overated loser like Patrick Ewing and Jersey has burned you more times then the Knicks in the playoffs it can be quiet unhealthy. But today is a special day I think I can make an exception its not everyday when you have a guy like Amare..but somethings quiet not right..oh I know whats it is the part where Knicks fans are excited about Amare...what has the guy done. I hope when Miami Heat comes you cheer for your future star Lebron I mean everytime he came you cheered for him. Lebron said NY we live in NEW YORK HE SAID OUT CITY YEY!!!! He is wearing a yankee hat that means hes coming here. Lets cheer for him to score on our own team. NEW YORK KNICKS SUCK!!! THe nets have embrassed the knicks to many times in the Garden the stadium where everyone wants to play!!!

Thats just embarrassing, that you didn't even mention Walt Clyde Frazier, not as a knicks fan but an NBA fan

Shareeb_omac2
07-28-2010, 05:00 PM
quiet...your team won 12 games and had one of the worst attendances in the NBA. Gallo would have averaged 20 ppg on your team and all your "young talent" would be sitting on the Lakers bench as well. Brook isn't even the best Lopez brother he just got lucky with an opportunity to play for such a sad team. Their big free agency score in the largest free agency the NBA has ever seen was travis outlaw for 35 million, even with a promise to move to bk and jay z begging people.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Nets fan 93
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
the best thing to do is ignore man. dont get so mad. Do you see how many stupid threads there are on this nba forum? there aren't too many intelligent posters on the NBA board. you wanna talk nets go to the forum trust me. The 12 wins excuse is the knicks fans only excuse. We know the roster that won 12 is basically all gone and improved so we don't have to worry about it.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
07-28-2010, 05:02 PM

We might of been bad, but hay at least we never lost the first 18 games of the season, then won 1 game and lost the next 11, then won 1 game, and lost the next 11...

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
the best thing to do is ignore man. dont get so mad. Do you see how many stupid threads there are on this nba forum? there aren't too many intelligent posters on the NBA board. you wanna talk nets go to the forum trust me. The 12 wins excuse is the knicks fans only excuse. We know the roster that won 12 is basically all gone and improved so we don't have to worry about it.

so the C list free agents that are coming in are going to make you so much better than the Knicks??

97NYer
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM

Prokhorov doesn't own the Knicks......

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
07-28-2010, 05:04 PM

you guys have almost the same exact team, plus 3 bench players :clap:... Going for 15 wins this year?

Nets fan 93

this is what i am talking about. ignore it man. I am not going to get all mad about it because he obviously doesnt know a thing bout basketball.

netsgiantsyanks

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
07-28-2010, 05:05 PM
this is exactly why i dont like most knicks fans in a nets conversation. all they do is *****.

arkanian215
07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
they are going to need a new stadium by then to increase their value as well as at least 2 superstars two be worth that much. i dont even think the heat or lakers are close to a billion dollars in worth, so i find it unlikely that they get their value to that level.

The stadium itself costs around $800 million and the team was bought for $200 million so I don't see it as too far fetched if you're including the value of all Nets assets. The Nets were tenants before at the Meadowlands and will finally be owners. $1 billion doesn't look too far fetched but it won't happen within 5 years.

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 05:12 PM
this is exactly why i dont like most knicks fans in a nets conversation. all they do is *****.

stop nitpicking, that was response to a Net fan saying Gallo, Chandler and Randolph wouldn't get off the bench on the Lakers...I might have taken it a bit far but by the same logic imposed by your fellow Nets fan it makes sense since he clearly stated since the Knicks won 29 games none of the Knick starters or young talent deserves a rotation spot on a good team, then the starting center on a 12 team is overrated too.... out of all the things i say you will of course find one line and claim you a right because of it, clever tactic to change the subject.

8kobe24
07-28-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't even think winning a championship or two would make the nets 500 million.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe I didnt mention him because hes not worth mentioning that guy was 30 years ago and nobody cares about him anymore.

2000-2001
New York Knicks 48 34 3rd Atlantic
New Jersey Nets 26 56 6th Atlantic

2001-2002
New Jersey Nets 52 30 1st Atlantic
New York Knicks 30 52 7th Atlantic

2002-2003
New Jersey Nets 49 33 1st Atlantic
New York Knicks 37 45 6th Atlantic

2003-2004
New Jersey Nets 47 35 1st Atlantic
New York Knicks 39 43 3rd Atlantic

2004-2005
New Jersey Nets 42 40 3rd Atlantic *8th seed*
New York Knicks 33 49 last

2005-2006
New Jersey Nets 49 33 1st Atlantic *4th seed*
New York Knicks 23 59 last

2006-2007
New Jersey Nets 41 41 2nd in Atlantic *6th seed*
New York Knicks 33 49 4th in Atlantic

2007-2008
New Jersey nets 34 48 4th in Atlantic
New York Knicks 25 59 LAST

2008-2009
New Jersey Nets 34 48 4th in Atlantic
New York Knicks 32 50

2009-2010
New Jersey Nets 12 70 last in Atlantic *2 of those 12 coming against Knicks*
New York Knicks 29 53 3rd in Atlantic

I think this speaks for itself, Knicks lost around 50 games for 10 years. The Knicks as a franchise and a team has embrassed New York. Knicks suck and will always suck. I would like to thank you for being the laughing stock of the east I applaud you! Nets fans I speak before you the Knicks fans have been jealous of us for the past 10 years! Lets laugh!!!

arkanian215
07-28-2010, 05:20 PM

Randy took a pot shot at the Knicks and you know every fan is gonna rush in to defend their team. But yeah Knicks fans take things too personally. I'll agree with Randy that the Knicks have been embarrassing since they have had the luxury of an owner who is willing to spend and have had very little to show for it. http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=626 They were the least efficient team in terms of M$/MW over the four years. I wouldn't be surprised if they were last for the past decade. There's also nothing wrong with what he said about Gallo being on the Lakers bench. I'd start Artest over him as well.

KG2TB
07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
No chance the team will be worth that much in 5 years...or 10 years for that matter.

bkmikeyy
07-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Sure the Knicks have struggled lately, had bad management that dug them into a deep whole, but you are acting like the Nets were some amazing dominant force this decade. The team averaged 38 wins per year this decade, winning more than 50 games once (only time in franchise history btw) the years the east was by far the weakest it had ever been and had one of the worst seasons the NBA has seen. To say that the Nets are a successful and winning franchise means you only watched the few years that Jason Kidd put them on his back, other than that the Nets are a fairly pathetic franchise. So to call out the Knicks for Ewing and a team that was a consistent 50 win team is silly. Nothing to brag about for a team that has been at best average this decade (one of the best stretches they had as a franchise in the NBA btw) and had struggled financially and with a fanbase.

Since 1976 (the year the Nets have joined the NBA) the Nets have had ONE 50+ winning season... the Knicks had 8.

javaid64
07-28-2010, 05:27 PM
u kno whats sad is that the nets went to consecutive finals and still weren't more talked about then the knicks.

RandyOreens
07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Sure the Knicks have struggled lately, had bad management that dug them into a deep whole, but you are acting like the Nets were some amazing dominant force this decade. The team averaged 38 wins per year this decade, winning more than 50 once the years the east was by far the weakest it had ever been and had one of the worst seasons the NBA has seen. Nothing to brag about for a team that has been at best average this decade (one of the best stretches they had as a franchise in the NBA btw) and had struggled financially and with a fanbase.

And you act like the Nets didnt have a problem like that? The nets traded away their best player in VC for Tony Battie and Rafer who didnt play at all. We have our coach fired and Kiki was bought in and he never coached in his life and was just horrible, no monivation, no help. We had Bruce ratner an owner who refused to pay over the Luxury. There was no hope for Nets fans untill Mikhail came in. We got one of the best coaches this decade and now have a bright future. yes we got role players but we have an all star in Devin Harris and future all star in Brook so why would we need a main star?

Nets fan 93
07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
you guys have almost the same exact team, plus 3 bench players :clap:... Going for 15 wins this year?
Travis is underrated. ask any portland fan. he is clutch. I guess you forgot about T-will's new role as well as two first round picks in Favors and James. Wait why would you think about draft picks you didnt even have. MY BAD! This team will improve.We got shooters which was our biggest weakness. that is why harris did so bad. because we had no shooter around him like the season before where he was an allstar. really nice post from you though. using a lot of facts...