PDA

View Full Version : Interview:Chris Paul questioned about recent trade talks

jdmd3
07-27-2010, 10:03 PM
New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul spoke publicly for the first time in several weeks at his basketball camp and confirmed his meeting on Monday with Hornets General Manager Dell Demps, coach Monty Williams and team president Hugh Weber went well.

“I stay committed to the city of New Orleans, but like Mr. Demps said we want to keep some of the stuff private, Paul said.

Despite swirling trade rumors, Demps said Paul did not make a trade request during Monday’s meeting. Paul, who tried to keep most of the questions centered on his basketball camp, said he has never been able to envision playing for another team.

However, Paul’s agent, Leon Rose, has gauged the interest of the New York Knicks, Portland Trail Blazers, Dallas Mavericks and Orlando Magic, who all could be interested in making a deal to obtain Paul.

“I’ve had the opportunity to meet coach (Williams) once and I really have the utmost respect,’’ Paul said. “He has a lot of great things in store and I’m exicted about what’s ahead.''

Article: http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/07/chris_paul_says_hes_never_been.html

Interview Footage: http://www.wwltv.com/video?id=99321359&sec=554827

Does this indicate that Chris Paul is happy with the Hornets? If Paul starts the season as a Hornet, will he still be "committed to the city of New Orleans" when to Hornets go through a rough patch? Is this, as some people say, a "smokescreen"?

SouljahPhil...
07-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Why use the flag of the Philippines as your avatar?

jdmd3
07-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Why use the flag of the Philippines as your avatar?

Pinoy ako eh

D1JM
07-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Pinoy ako eh

Lumpias

NYtilIdie
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Article: http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2010/07/chris_paul_says_hes_never_been.html

Interview Footage: http://www.wwltv.com/video?id=99321359&sec=554827

Does this indicate that Chris Paul is happy with the Hornets? If Paul starts the season as a Hornet, will he still be "committed to the city of New Orleans" when to Hornets go through a rough patch? Is this, as some people say, a "smokescreen"?

I say smoke screen. I just don't see how this Hornets team can compete in the West. He won't be traded this year, but will be next year or will leave via FA.

jdmd3
07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Lumpias

:D tasty

JiffyMix88
07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Sampalin mo ko ng talong mo

jdmd3
07-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Sampalin mo ko ng talong mo

Wag naman dito

thekmp211
07-27-2010, 10:24 PM
smokescreen. this meeting was probably along the lines of, "we'll deal you if it can help the franchise but just shut up about it."

paul is too classy a guy to drag the franchise through the mud by making a lot of public statements. i still think he wants out though, so NO better think hard about getting whatever they can in return for him.

JiffyMix88
07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Wag naman dito

ipasok mo talong ko sa pwet mo

Iceman05
07-27-2010, 10:44 PM
He probably didnt flat out ask for a trade. He most likely gave them an ultimatum, either bring in quality players and compete or he will demand a trade in the future.

The question is, what will NO do to keep him happy. Not a lot, since they are over the cap and still have crappy roster.

mynameismo
07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Good for the City of NO.. Now go fix that roster.

netsgiantsyanks
07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
i say smokescreen. like the other guy said, during the meeting, the gm probably said, "we'll trade you when we find the right price, until then, shut the hell up."

SouljahPhil...
07-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Pinoy ako eh

same here...

BKNets21
07-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Smokescreen.

saintdrew
07-27-2010, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=NYtilIdie;14325051]I say smoke screen. I just don't see how this Hornets team can compete in the West. He won't be traded this year, but will be next year or will leave via FA.[/QUOTE

Great insider reporting there.

HornetsSolution
07-28-2010, 02:52 AM
If the Hornets is committed to Paul then Paul will be committed back. From what I been hearing, nis that the Hornets will be willing to go over the luxury tax.

NYtilIdie
07-28-2010, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE=NYtilIdie;14325051]I say smoke screen. I just don't see how this Hornets team can compete in the West. He won't be traded this year, but will be next year or will leave via FA.[/QUOTE

Great insider reporting there.

If you can look at that roster and honestly feel you guys can compete with the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz and Thunder then you're really optimistic, but hey thats part of being a fan right?

mpickup
07-28-2010, 08:24 AM
He "Should" be committed!!

Here my advice (i'd tweet it to you, but I don't subscribe to that), Play Hard ... Super Hard ... Attack the next season ... Play yourself into the starting role in the all-star game by being the best PG in the league ... Win some games, not by picking your teammates, but by picking-UP your teammates. That is greatness ... so, go be great. And if in two years, when you're a free agent, you don't wanna stay? Then leave. Just don't drag your image through the mud, and show the kids at home that quitting is the best way to approach future winning ... we need some good guys around here CP3.

http://www.nbadaily.net/mainstory.cfm?articleid=108

JOSKOMANG4
07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Nj please please please get in this!!

- nets acquire cp3 from hornets in exchanged for pg d.harris, sg c.lee, pf k.humphries(expiring) & 2012 1st rd pick!!

Nets lineup:

C) b.lopez/j.petro
pf) d.favors/b.zoubek
sf) t.outlaw/t.williams(6th man)/D.JAMES
sg) a.morrow/q.ross
pg) cp3/j.farmar/b.uzoh

nolafan33
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Nj please please please get in this!!

- nets acquire cp3 from hornets in exchanged for pg d.harris, sg c.lee, pf k.humphries(expiring) & 2012 1st rd pick!!
Nets lineup:

C) b.lopez/j.petro
pf) d.favors/b.zoubek
sf) t.outlaw/t.williams(6th man)/D.JAMES
sg) a.morrow/q.ross
pg) cp3/j.farmar/b.uzoh

:facepalm:

HornetsSolution
07-28-2010, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=saintdrew;14326278]

If you can look at that roster and honestly feel you guys can compete with the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz and Thunder then you're really optimistic, but hey thats part of being a fan right?

Yes we can compete with all them teams but probably the Lakers because of they Bigs. Our roster is actually better than last year and now Chris is healthy.