PDA

View Full Version : Did Bosh quit on the Raptors "Colangelo Comments"

spreadeagle
07-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Fan 590 radio interview

Did you at the time at least believe right after the ASB when CB4 got hurt, when he didn't play in those 6 games, did you believe he had checked out at that point?

- No, I really don't. I don't believe he had checked out at that point. But it was clear that at some point, he was not coming back. And I'm not talking about the injury, I mean Toronto. It was post-season. When you're in the heart of the season, there was a lot coming at us with injuries and losing, I'm not even questioning Chris's injury. I'm telling you he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn't' there and he chose not to play. The fact that our season was spiralling downward and we were hoping he'd come back sooner and we were also dealing with a few other things at that point.

Raptors missed the playoffs by one game and Chris Bosh was cleared to play the last few weeks of the season and CHOSE not too:eyebrow: I cant judge his pain level but if he played Raptors most likely would have one an extra game or two and made the playoffs "which would have been huge for a franchise that hasnt seen much of them"..

Jays Claw
07-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Chris Bosh didn't completely quit on the Raptors like how Vince Carter did. However, he tanked on them and didn't give it his all during that important stretch run.

justinnum1
07-27-2010, 07:09 PM
After 7 years of failure on the Raptors, I really can't blame him if he did. Must be hard knowing everyone else on your team sucks.

loufor2
07-27-2010, 07:14 PM
^ Heat fan ...

netsgiantsyanks
07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
he didnt quit, the rest of his team just sucked. at least lebron had some type of deceny on his team.

Bob Loblaw
07-27-2010, 07:20 PM
"I didn't want to go there," Bosh said. "It was different. All I knew was Vince Carter was there and I never saw him play on TV. It was a whole different country, and it was just different. I'm 19 years old, I didn't know anything about culture and being away from home. All I know is the States.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/25/v-fullstory/1745616/chris-bosh-goes-from-raptor-to.html#ixzz0uvaNoEwm

I hope this isnt meant as ignorant as it seems.

blazerman
07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
The Raptors should blame themselves because it was obvious that he was gonna bolt faster than greased lightning as soon as he expired. The Raptors should bash themselves in the head for not dealing him at the deadline.

Bosh is so overrated with his inflated stats because of a weak frontline and the type of offensive in Toronto, he's good but not great.

BKNets21
07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
he didnt quit, the rest of his team just sucked. at least lebron had some type of deceny on his team.

I gotta agree with this to an extent... It was a career year for him numbers wise, but his heart didn't look in it in his last few games.

The_905
07-27-2010, 07:33 PM
The Raptors should blame themselves because it was obvious that he was gonna bolt faster than greased lightning as soon as he expired. The Raptors should bash themselves in the head for not dealing him at the deadline.

Bosh is so overrated with his inflated stats because of a weak frontline and the type of offensive in Toronto, he's good but not great.

Once again someone who has no idea what they are talking about, weird?

The raps were 2 games out of the 4th seed at the deadline. Now why the hell would they trade Bosh then?

spreadeagle
07-27-2010, 07:35 PM
After 7 years of failure on the Raptors, I really can't blame him if he did. Must be hard knowing everyone else on your team sucks.

Or hard knowing your not good enough to lead them anywhere

SA5195
07-27-2010, 07:35 PM

He got injured a day before the deadline.

SA5195
07-27-2010, 07:37 PM

We were the 5th seed before he got injured, we were like 3-4 games back of the 4th spot. He was cleared to play, but decided not to.

hugepatsfan
07-27-2010, 07:39 PM

Really? You don't have a problem with a guy not giving his all? It's one thing to ***** about it to the FO and demand a trade. But to not give your all pyhsically is despicable. It's hard to respect someone as a real sports fan that doesn't take issue with that.

justinnum1
07-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Really? You don't have a problem with a guy not giving his all? It's one thing to ***** about it to the FO and demand a trade. But to not give your all pyhsically is despicable. It's hard to respect someone as a real sports fan that doesn't take issue with that.

:facepalm: If Bosh could have played he would have...no need to risk you career to get swept in the first round. BC is but hurt and trying to take it out on bosh...it's ok. Bosh last laugh in June.

Jays Claw
07-27-2010, 08:53 PM
:facepalm: If Chris Bosh could have played, he would have. No need to risk your career to get swept in the first round. Bryan Colangelo is hurt while trying to take it out on Chris Bosh.

You really need to read this article.

Bryan Colangelo intoned that Chris Bosh took a long time to return from injury, even though he had been medically cleared.

“Despite limited swelling and any excessive damage on an MRI, he felt like six more games of rest was needed. Now, I’m not questioning Chris’ injury. However, I’m telling you that he was cleared to play subject to tolerance on his part, and the tolerance just apparently wasn’t there and he chose not to play,” Bryan Colangelo said.

Link: http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2010/07/26/14836426.html

Chris Bosh was medically cleared to play but chose not to. It wasn't like the Raptors were completely out of it during that time. They were the fifth seed (29-24) and looked to be at least a second round team.

daleja424
07-27-2010, 09:01 PM
enough with derailing every thread with HEAT bashing and homer loving. There are other things to talk about. If it continues in here I will begin issuing bans.

Tmath
07-27-2010, 09:14 PM
You really need to read this article.

Chris Bosh was medically cleared to play but chose not to. It wasn't like the Raptors were completely out of it during that time. They were the fifth seed (29-24) and looked to be at least a second round team.

Don't bother trying to explain to a Heat fan.

daleja424
07-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Im sorry but I have no problem with a player taking an extra 6 games coming back from injury if he is worried about a reoccurance...

daleja424
07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
we seem unable to stay on topic here...