PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez officially on the block

Pages : [1] 2

MagicBucsSox
07-27-2010, 10:52 AM
The Trail Blazers are open to trading Rudy Fernandez, the guard told Spanish language newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.

"Portland is willing to make a trade and the truth is I'm pleased they want to do it," Fernandez told the paper.

"Now we have to find a team where I can have an important role or where I can find the dynamics I enjoyed in Portland the first year."

HoopsHype.com translated the original article.

"My agents are in the United States, they are speaking with them and if something comes up they will travel to Portland," Fernandez continued.

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/68381/20100727/portland_willing_to_trade_fernandez/#ixzz0utWR3twe

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 10:56 AM
that would complete the Bulls offseason.

MagicBucsSox
07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
the kid has moves of an allstar, just needs the pt

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 11:01 AM
the kid has moves of an allstar, just needs the pt

Him and Rose would be great on the offensive side of the ball. They can mix and match offense and defense with they're SG's and SF's too(Brewer, Fernandez, Deng, Korver).

TheHeat3
07-27-2010, 11:02 AM
He can be a real nice player in the right system and more playing time. He would flourish with the Suns or the Knicks imo.

Sports Illustrator
07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
He is the type of player that many teams would love to have. He plays very hard on both ends of the floor. I agree he can do more if he were given more playing time. Unfortunately for him, Brandon Roy happens to be the starting SG on the Blazers and I don't think anyone can blame them for starting Roy over Fernandez.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2010, 11:06 AM
look for Kahn to chase him. Will help entice Rubio

td0tsfinest
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
if anyone wants the link: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

And this is the spanish newspaper its translated from: http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20100727/53971328303/noticia/portland-acepta-traspasar-a-rudy.html

MagicBucsSox
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM

thats a good idea......which is exactly why the T'wolves wont do it

td0tsfinest
07-27-2010, 11:10 AM

great point. In the article, Rudy actually says he's like a brother and would love to play wit him.

heattiltheend94
07-27-2010, 11:13 AM

lmao

JOSKOMANG4
07-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Turiaf, Bill Walker, & 2010 2nd rd pick to the Blazers for RUdy!

C) Amare
PF) Randolph
SF) Gallo
SG) Rudy
PG) Felton

Bench:

C) Mosgov
C) J.Jordan(rookie)
PF) J.Bender
SG) K.Azubuike
SF) L.Fields
SF/SG) W.Chandler(6th man)
SG) Rautins
PG) T.Douglass

MagicBucsSox
07-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Turiaf, Bill Walker, & 2010 2nd rd pick to the Blazers for RUdy!

C) Amare
PF) Randolph
SF) Gallo
SG) Rudy
PG) Felton

Bench:

C) Mosgov
C) J.Jordan(rookie)
PF) J.Bender
SG) K.Azubuike
SF) L.Fields
SF/SG) W.Chandler(6th man)
SG) Rautins
PG) T.Douglass

:facepalm: Turiaf and any other GS guy that went to NY cant be moved til Dec., and im sure POR will want actual talent if their giving up talent

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
:facepalm: Turiaf and any other GS guy that went to NY cant be moved til Dec., and im sure POR will want actual talent if their giving up talent

How about the Bulls offereing James Johnson, and next years 1st?

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
PORTLAND FAN CHECKING IN: What would Bulls want to offer?

i think id like to see him move with a pick or Jeff Pendergraph to Kings for Landry.. or to Boston for Big Baby. Chicago has nothing to offer us.. we have 16 players now we dont want a 1 for 2 deal now.. if anything we wnat to throw in another player on the back end of our Roster to get the deal done.. WE DONT NEED ANY PICKS!..def no 2nd rounder

Sixerlover
07-27-2010, 11:26 AM

:laugh2:

But I bet he wants to go to a big market. We'll see what portland does though, it's a shame that Pritchard extremely overrated all of his young players or else he could have had a dynasty by now. Trading all the young talent for bonafide superstars.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Bulls fan how about Taj Gibson and James Jones.. we can give you Pendergraph

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 11:29 AM

I don't know if the Bulls would be willing to trade Taj Gibson, but its a possibility.

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 11:32 AM

I would do that, although i don't know if we have the rights to James Jones anymore.

mikantsass
07-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Being a homer, the Celtics could sure use him... Maybe a deal involving Sheed's contract.

Other good fit destinations... Spurs, Cavs, Knicks, Bobcats, Warriors, Wiz

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:35 AM
i dont see Bulls having anythign to offer other then that, we dont need another 3' we have Wes Matthews, Nic Batum and Babbitt

We coudl use an upgrade at backup PG and backup PF

BkOriginalOne
07-27-2010, 11:36 AM
If Rudy wants a bigger role, starting two or definite 6th man, these teams might be good

The Knicks
The Bulls
The Lakers (6th man - Kobe's backup)
The Magic

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:36 AM
We are trying to win, we arent one of those teams looking for expiring contacts.. we want players to help us win now.. sorry Bro sheed's contract isnt doing it

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
but at the same time, you guys can't use Rudy the way you want to. You need to deal him.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
If Rudy wants a bigger role, starting two or definite 6th man, these teams might be good

The Knicks
The Bulls
The Lakers (6th man - Kobe's backup)
The Magic

i Agree..maybe the Kings, Warriors, Suns, a few others.. but you have to think what do they have to offer.. what would Kicks give up? maybe if they put Anthony Randolph... Bulls Taj and James Jones.. Lakers NOTHING!.. Magic NOTHING

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:40 AM
but at the same time, you guys can't use Rudy the way you want to. You need to deal him.

i agree but with the type of injuries we had last year we arent goign to just give him to another team, especially another team who is contending like teh Bulls or Celtics just to make him happy.. we hav ea stong enough locker room to not worry about him in that way. we will fill our needs and this will be a move that will work on both ends.... but with a new GM hey i coudl be wrong, he might be wanting to give pieces away like the Grizz

Jays Claw
07-27-2010, 11:43 AM
He'd be a good fit for the Bulls or Raptors.

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 11:44 AM
i agree but with the type of injuries we had last year we arent goign to just give him to another team, especially another team who is contending like teh Bulls or Celtics just to make him happy.. we hav ea stong enough locker room to not worry about him in that way. we will fill our needs and this will be a move that will work on both ends.... but with a new GM hey i coudl be wrong, he might be wanting to give pieces away like the Grizz

yeah who knows. how about Wesley Matthews, Przybilla, and Rudy for Deng, James Johnson and Taj.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Wes Matthews is contracted until December 15th as he cant be traded until then because was just signed as a free agent..

and did you know Pryz prob. wont play this year.. if he is it'll be later in the year.

but me personally i dont want James Jones.. and i really dont want Deng he is a leser version of Deng.. les D and no rang on Jump shot.. id prefer just Rudy for Taj

Raidaz4Life
07-27-2010, 11:50 AM
When has Rudy ever not been on the trading block

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 11:51 AM
id prefer just Rudy for Taj

If we can throw in a pick for Pendergraph too, i'd be for it.

monty77
07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
yeah who knows. how about Wesley Matthews, Przybilla, and Rudy for Deng, James Johnson and Taj.

mmmm... two weeks ago maybe, but with thomas and watson trade bulls no need przybilla and Mattews. Rudy for Taj and second round.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:53 AM
When has Rudy ever not been on the trading block

exactly!.. we arent gonna move any players just because.. just like NO with CP3, if we dont find sufficent compensation for him he will stay with u and be burried on teh bench

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
mmmm... two weeks ago maybe, but with thomas and watson trade bulls no need przybilla and Mattews. Rudy for Taj and second round.

Id do Rudy for Taj strait up.. u can add a pick if you like but i dont need it.. and we can throw you Pendergraph for James Jones for you backup PF option.. ID DO THAT...

who's your backup PG right now, Bulls fans?

parman4818
07-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I think the Mavericks would be a perfect match for the Trailblazers.We could send PG JJBarea,one of our trade exemptions and a 2nd round pick for Rudy.If they threw in Jeff Pendegraph we could make that a 1st round pick then the Mavs could sign Acie Law as there other Pg and then here would be there lineup.

PG Jason Kidd,Roddy Beaubois,Acie Law
SG Rudy Fernandez,Jason Terry,Dominique Jones
SF Caron Butler,Shawn Marion,Deshawn Stevenson
PF Dirk Nowitzki,Ian Mahinimi,Jeff Pendegraph,
C Brendan Haywood,Tyson Chandler,Alexis Ajinca

It is not the best starting 5 but by far the deepest team in the West.

JOSKOMANG4
07-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Get your facts straight man. The knicks are UNDER THE CAP.. therefore the players they acquired in the David Lee to G-State trade can be traded at any time(Why do u think the Knicks were dangling Randolph in the CP3 trade rumors??) Btw, only free agents who have recently been sign can't be traded until Dec 15. If the Knicks were over the cap when they made that David Lee trade, they would have to wait a month prior to the exact trade date.

:facepalm:

Southsideheat
07-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Id do Rudy for Taj strait up.. u can add a pick if you like but i dont need it.. and we can throw you Pendergraph for James Jones for you backup PF option.. ID DO THAT...

who's your backup PG right now, Bulls fans?

CJ Watson who was recently signed.

97NYer
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I'll give up Bill Walker and Jerome Jordan for him.

Hokysfan
I think the Mavericks would be a perfect match for the Trailblazers.We could send PG JJBarea,one of our trade exemptions and a 2nd round pick for Rudy.If they threw in Jeff Pendegraph we could make that a 1st round pick then the Mavs could sign Acie Law as there other Pg and then here would be there lineup.

PG Jason Kidd,Roddy Beaubois,Acie Law
SG Rudy Fernandez,Jason Terry,Dominique Jones
SF Caron Butler,Shawn Marion,Deshawn Stevenson
PF Dirk Nowitzki,Ian Mahinimi,Jeff Pendegraph,
C Brendan Haywood,Tyson Chandler,Alexis Ajinca

It is not the best starting 5 but by far the deepest team in the West.

ID do rudy for JJ.. but really i think teh better option is for Jason Terry..

uws
Get your facts straight man. The knicks are UNDER THE CAP.. therefore the players they acquired in the David Lee to G-State trade can be traded at any time(Why do u think the Knicks were dangling Randolph in the CP3 trade rumors??) Btw, only free agents who have recently been sign can't be traded until Dec 15. If the Knicks were over the cap when they made that David Lee trade, they would have to wait a month prior to the exact trade date.

plus you can always trade one player right away without consiquence, the only rule is multiple players cannot be traded from the same deal before some deadline. but the knicks are exempt from that because we are under the cap.

an on a side note PLEASE dont trade for rudy. he sucks. hes a glorified late rotation bench player. not what the knicks need. not what we want.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I'll give up Bill Walker and Jerome Jordan for him.

NO THANKS.. way to give up nothing.. the only way we give you him is Rudy adn 1st roudn pick and Pendergraph for Randolph.. minus that we will PASS!

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 12:12 PM
NO THANKS.. way to give up nothing.. the only way we give you him is Rudy adn 1st roudn pick and Pendergraph for Randolph.. minus that we will PASS!

way to overvalue you player, especially one who is probably never going to play in a blazers uniform regardless of what happens.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:17 PM
OK well sounds like we are both overvaluing our players.. why would we want Jerome Jordan and Bill Walker.. jsut to give you a guy who would start???

Neither of those guys would even attempt to see the floor either.. if Rudy cant find burn on our team why would we trade him for two guys with way less Talent and Potential.. ??? Help me understand.. if we are going to trade we will get somethign back who has a chance to help out our team.. and we coudl use a backup PG but Douglas isnt any better then Bayless.. or a packup PF.. and nobody on your roster minus Randolph would fit that..

So who is over value there players here im offering your team a Starter and a 1st round pick..and a backup PF right now..

Your lineup wont change, still have Turiaf at center and Amare at PF with Pendy coming off bench and Rudy would start????

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 12:20 PM
OK well sounds like we are both overvaluing our players.. why would we want Jerome Jordan and Bill Walker.. jsut to give you a guy who would start???

Neither of those guys would even attempt to see the floor either.. if Rudy cant find burn on our team why would we trade him for two guys with way less Talent and Potential.. ??? Help me understand.. if we are going to trade we will get somethign back who has a chance to help out our team.. and we coudl use a backup PG but Douglas isnt any better then Bayless.. or a packup PF.. and nobody on your roster minus Randolph would fit that..

So who is over value there players here im offering your team a Starter and a 1st round pick..and a backup PF right now..

Your lineup wont change, still have Turiaf at center and Amare at PF with Pendy coming off bench and Rudy would start????

I agree with the fact that Rudy for Walker is also an unfair trade. How about Chandler and Toney Douglas for Bayless and Rudy?

nanablvd
07-27-2010, 12:22 PM
He will thrive in new york.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:30 PM
I agree with the fact that Rudy for Walker is also an unfair trade. How about Chandler and Toney Douglas for Bayless and Rudy?

We have no use for Chandler he is a 3.. we have two guys who fit what we need more then him now in Batum and Matthews.. We like Bayless in what he can do and i dont think we are lookign to move him.. and i know ya'll like Douglas alot too.. but i personaly think that Bayless does more for our team then Douglas would, they basically are the same player a PG who is really a Combo Guard.. can defend on ball and can Score.. Douglas might can shoot better but Bayless i think has higher ceilign and got significantly better last year for us, good next to Roy.

Me, personally im looking for a backup PF in that trade.. willing to move picks and one of our bakcup PF's now i Pendy or Cunningham, and mayb even Armon Johnson and Patty Mills (our Summer League stars) too.. but Unless ya'll moving Gallo (which i know your not) nothing ya'll have worth Bayless and Rudy.. Minus Felton and Amare which u cant trade either until after December

uws
07-27-2010, 12:31 PM
We have no use for Chandler he is a 3.. we have two guys who fit what we need more then him now in Batum and Matthews.. We like Bayless in what he can do and i dont think we are lookign to move him.. and i know ya'll like Douglas alot too.. but i personaly think that Bayless does more for our team then Douglas would, they basically are the same player a PG who is really a Combo Guard.. can defend on ball and can Score.. Douglas might can shoot better but Bayless i think has higher ceilign and got significantly better last year for us, good next to Roy.

Me, personally im looking for a backup PF in that trade.. willing to move picks and one of our bakcup PF's now i Pendy or Cunningham, and mayb even Armon Johnson and Patty Mills (our Summer League stars) too.. but Unless ya'll moving Gallo (which i know your not) nothing ya'll have worth Bayless and Rudy.. Minus Felton and Amare which u cant trade either until after December

actually technically we signed and traded for amare, so we can trade him cuz we are under the cap... but obviously that wont happen

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 12:33 PM

Why are you saying Rudy is a starter? He has never received starter minutes. In fact, last year he only averaged 2 or 3 minutes below what he did the year before. I think he has started less then 10 games his whole career. Please dont be the typical Portland fan and over value ever single one of your players.

All that being said Rudy's stock is down because of a down last year. He does have some talent and could turn into a nice player but lets not get carried away. If he goes to a team as a starter its going to be an experiment if he struggles he will prob get yanked for someone else.

Also Portland is over the cap so trading for him with his low salary will be difficult. Personally i see picks or another young player going the otherway.

I would say Bulls would be the best fit. Knicks have Azubuike who has put up better numbers. Best case scenerio is they battle for the starting spot. Bulls are the better fit.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:33 PM
actually technically we signed and traded for amare, so we can trade him cuz we are under the cap... but obviously that wont happen

Right.. i mean i jsut dont think that the Knicks are good trade partners for the Blazers right now.. i mean i understand you want him but you really have nothing that you can offer to us

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:35 PM
IT DOES AMAZE ME HOW YOU NY'ERS REPRESENT.. that is Awsome.. Blazers have our own post and those guys are non stop on there but dont venture in this NBA forum too much.. but NY and Chicago.. ya'll are all over this!

GOOD JOB GUYS.. even though ya'll are unrealistic lol

uws
07-27-2010, 12:37 PM
i just dont think rudy is good at all. i under no condition want him on my team. I'd trade rautins for him cuz rautins is the worst player ive ever seen drafted in to the NBA in my entire life, but thats the only way id take on rudy

the point is hes a bad player, not close to a starter, and not even a solid rotation guy, just a backup. Also what gives a guy that bad the right to state "trade wish list" like he did a few weeks ago. shows how arrogant he is and how bad his attitude is. keep him out of NY, we just got done clearing the cancers from our locker room

mike_noodles
07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
He'd be a good fit for the Bulls or Raptors.

+1

Only problem is that you would like to pair him up with Calderon, and Calderon would likely be the one on the way out to get him.

FNM BOY
07-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Portland get:
Jason Kapono
Willie Green
(2 expiring contracts)

Sixers get:
Rudy Fernandez
2nd Rounder

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:40 PM
why are you saying rudy is a starter? He has never received starter minutes. In fact, last year he only averaged 2 or 3 minutes below what he did the year before. I think he has started less then 10 games his whole career. Please dont be the typical portland fan and over value ever single one of your players.

All that being said rudy's stock is down because of a down last year. He does have some talent and could turn into a nice player but lets not get carried away. If he goes to a team as a starter its going to be an experiment if he struggles he will prob get yanked for someone else.

Also portland is over the cap so trading for him with his low salary will be difficult. Personally i see picks or another young player going the otherway.

I would say bulls would be the best fit. Knicks have azubuike who has put up better numbers. Best case scenerio is they battle for the starting spot. Bulls are the better fit.

i said rudy would start for new york next year.. He wont even start for us.. Rudys style of game didnt mesh for the half court slow down offence in pdx.. Im not over valuing his talents but its called supply and demand .. Why send him to nyk if what ya'll are offering have nothing to offer???... But to think he wouldnt start over azabuike is just dumb!... Look if you as a knicks fan doesnt want to poney up then dotn we have plenty of teams that are wanting him too.. Typical knicks fan think u can throw the ny name and the player is righte'd to you.. Move on...

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Portland get:
Jason Kapono
Willie Green
(2 expiring contracts)

Sixers get:
Rudy Fernandez
2nd Rounder

BLAZERS ARENT LOOKING FOR EXPIRING CONTACTS.. WE ARE LOOKING FOR PLAYERS WHO CAN COME IN AND CONTRIBUTE NOW..WE HAVE THE RICHEST OWNER IN THE LEAGUE .. HE WILL PAY TO WIN!!!

so maybe Sixers can send Thadius Young.. he is expirign too and woudl fit our need.... and we send you picks too to help your rebuilding process there

FarOutIos
07-27-2010, 12:45 PM
As a kings fan... I know we could use Rudy. And we have a backlog of big men. How about Landry or Thompson for Rudy? We would have to take on another player so that salaries match...

FarOutIos
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
...I would love to somehow get Bayless or Batum too... Landry and a pick for Rudy and Bayless/Batum

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
as a kings fan... I know we could use rudy. And we have a backlog of big men. How about landry or thompson for rudy? We would have to take on another player so that salaries match...

id take either.. That is a deal right there.. I mean we would throw you a pick too and someone like patty mills and pryz contract too if you gave beno..

But yeah strait up i would do it for either big u listed.. But woudl prefer landry

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:10 PM
...I would love to somehow get Bayless or Batum too... Landry and a pick for Rudy and Bayless/Batum

There is no way your getting bAtum with out Tyreke in yoru deal.. not even Cousins.. maybe Bayelss but that woudl take Benu and Landry and maybe a trade of 1st's

emnherre
07-27-2010, 01:10 PM

i agree with the talent part....but u can trade Turiaf...just cant trade him with anybody else in the Golden State deal until Dec 15...so this deal could get done.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:13 PM
yeah we dont watn turiaf.. he does nothing for us.

John Walls Era
07-27-2010, 01:14 PM
He'd be a perfect fit for the Bulls.
Rose, Rudy, Korver, Boozer, Noah. Pretty solid lineup.

Raidaz4Life
07-27-2010, 01:18 PM
yeah we dont watn turiaf.. he does nothing for us.

Are you the Blazer's official negotiator or something?

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Are you the Blazer's official negotiator or something?

hahahah.. actually yes... thanks for noticing!

i just know we dont need a player liek Turiaf!

tangent12
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
I hope we violate the Blazers and get Rudy for almost nothing.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I hope we violate the Blazers and get Rudy for almost nothing.

yeah let me guess your a KNICKS fan.. because ya'll think ya'll can get a player to get them.. nobody wants to go to NY anymore.. y'all are living in the 90's bro... become relavent in NBa then come back..

speaking of Violate.. your team been violating NY fans for years.. what makes u think they can now actually make a good move!!

Brew
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Not turning this into CP3 thread, but since we would have to take Okefor to even have NO consider the trade and for the contracts to match we would have to give up Oden or get them to take Camby (but he has 2 years). Why don't we try for Collinson, which would let us keep Oden & Batum. Also, Collinson is the perfect compliment to Roy.

So we give up Rudy and Miller/Pryz (preferably Miller) for Collinson and Posey? Posey backs up Batum (Babbit won't play much this year) Matthews backs up Roy. Bayless backs up Collinson.

chris34
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Wes Matthews is contracted until December 15th as he cant be traded until then because was just signed as a free agent..

and did you know Pryz prob. wont play this year.. if he is it'll be later in the year.

but me personally i dont want James Jones.. and i really dont want Deng he is a leser version of Deng.. les D and no rang on Jump shot.. id prefer just Rudy for Taj

You don't know Deng very well if you think he is not a defender...

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:31 PM
You don't know Deng very well if you think he is not a defender...

i didnt say he isnt a defender... i said he isnt a better defender then those two guys who are 21 and 25.. and not injury prone.. i mean some Blazers fans might like him but we already have our SF in a good way.. also drafted SF in 1st round with Luke Babbitt too..

Not saying Deng isnt good, just kinda what we already have.. a guy who can play D and a good number 3 scorer on the team...

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Not turning this into CP3 thread, but since we would have to take Okefor to even have NO consider the trade and for the contracts to match we would have to give up Oden or get them to take Camby (but he has 2 years). Why don't we try for Collinson, which would let us keep Oden & Batum. Also, Collinson is the perfect compliment to Roy.

So we give up Rudy and Miller/Pryz (preferably Miller) for Collinson and Posey? Posey backs up Batum (Babbit won't play much this year) Matthews backs up Roy. Bayless backs up Collinson.

that would be nice.. but they arent gonan trade a young 2nd year player for andre miller who will have about 2 years, the same amount that Paul is under contract for, as you know, last year Miller gripped about being backup PG he isnt a backup... and i just dont see it at all?

blastmasta26
yeah let me guess your a KNICKS fan.. because ya'll think ya'll can get a player to get them.. nobody wants to go to NY anymore.. y'all are living in the 90's bro... become relavent in NBa then come back..

speaking of Violate.. your team been violating NY fans for years.. what makes u think they can now actually make a good move!!
Dude's a Bulls fan, no reason to hate on Knicks fans.

69centers
Around the beginning of July, the Celtics were interested in him. Hopefully, they will make an effort for him now. With Tony Allen gone, who was one of our first guys off the bench, Rudy could slip into that role here.

bkmikeyy

He's not a Knicks fan....

Apologize :cry:

chris34
07-27-2010, 01:37 PM

Nice NY rant but he is a Bulls fan... can't you see Korver's pretty mug...

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Around the beginning of July, the Celtics were interested in him. Hopefully, they will make an effort for him now. With Tony Allen gone, who was one of our first guys off the bench, Rudy could slip into that role here.

id love to see Rudy for BigBaby... and ya'll can have Pendy too if ya'll need.. that would be great for both sides..

What you think?

mwoodri
07-27-2010, 01:38 PM

i think id like to see him move with a pick or Jeff Pendergraph to Kings for Landry.. or to Boston for Big Baby. Chicago has nothing to offer us.. we have 16 players now we dont want a 1 for 2 deal now.. if anything we wnat to throw in another player on the back end of our Roster to get the deal done.. WE DONT NEED ANY PICKS!..def no 2nd rounder

Carl Landry...good luck with that! Is that you Pritchard?

Red Hot Rolllin
07-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Portland get:
Jason Kapono
Willie Green
(2 expiring contracts)

Sixers get:
Rudy Fernandez
2nd Rounder

How about Speights for Rudy?... We need a back up 4 who plays inside.

Speights and Landry or Thompson from Sac fit the bill

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Nice NY rant but he is a Bulls fan... can't you see Korver's pretty mug...

lol thanks.. yeah these Knicks fans think they are entitled or soemthing..

but yeah Bulls if ya'll get Rudy i think he does wonders for your team.. even though i think y'all would have alot of the same postiion in Korver, Brewer, and Rudy.. plus Deng

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
How about Speights for Rudy?... We need a back up 4 who plays inside.

Speights and Landry or Thompson from Sac fit the bill

thanks for checking in Red Hot.. saying exactly what i was saying..

These people want Rudy for pennies adn a pick lol

tangent12
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM

... Noooooot quiiiite. But thanks for the laugh though! LMAO!!! That was funny. :laugh2: :laugh2:

caseyrh
07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
What is the fascination with Rudy Fernandez? Someone please go look this dudes stats up. He is terrible. Taj for him is crazy talk. Rudy needs to go back to europe and stop living off of his 2008 olympics. It's ridiculous.

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 01:42 PM

Rudy's not that good of a player...Let him go to Spain for free.

Red Hot Rolllin
07-27-2010, 01:43 PM

Yeah you got me wondering about SAC...

Rudy's first year was solid.. we will have to sweeten the pie to get Landry but Rudy could be the piece that gets it done.

That would rock

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:45 PM
his stats arent realistic to what he is or what he coudl be IMO.. i mean he played backup to one of the top 5 SG in the league.. and he is a rthym type player, his first year he was Electric, last year he had some injuries and then never coudl get on the court enough and Miller's slow down didnt fit his speed up tempo.. i agree he isnt aything for us in PDX, but i see him really being something special or atelast a consistant starter in another scenerio

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Yeah you got me wondering about SAC...

Rudy's first year was solid.. we will have to sweeten the pie to get Landry but Rudy could be the piece that gets it done.

That would rock

yeah we can send them back Pendy or Cunningham.. or a pick or two.. even Armon or Patty rights.. we have options and with them rebuilding it coudl work.. Sac fans say they have a grip of Bigs with Dalembert, Cousins, Thompson

mwoodri
07-27-2010, 01:52 PM
hokysfan...you would make a great Pritchard replacement. I have not seen you propose one realistic deal for Rudy. Landry, Thompson, Taj, Anthony Randolph all have wayyyy more value than your love child Rudy.

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 01:52 PM
his stats arent realistic to what he is or what he coudl be IMO.. i mean he played backup to one of the top 5 SG in the league.. and he is a rthym type player, his first year he was Electric, last year he had some injuries and then never coudl get on the court enough and Miller's slow down didnt fit his speed up tempo.. i agree he isnt aything for us in PDX, but i see him really being something special or atelast a consistant starter in another scenerio

You wont get a player of Landry's caliber or anywhere close to that btw, for a player that demanded a trade and played awful last year. Just because you or some other people believe that he can succeed in a different system doesn't mean he has a lot of value around the league. Fact is teams know unless its a big market he wont be happy and he clearly sees himself as a starter even though he never proved it. That leaves with not that many teams willing to take him...and you will get low ball offers. Portland might be forced to accept because if they don't trade him he will just bolt to Spain.

Brew
07-27-2010, 01:53 PM
that would be nice.. but they arent gonan trade a young 2nd year player for andre miller who will have about 2 years, the same amount that Paul is under contract for, as you know, last year Miller gripped about being backup PG he isnt a backup... and i just dont see it at all?

Miller's second year is a team option (Pritchard knew what he was doing) so his contract is an expiring if the team wants it to be. If they won't take Miller then give them Pryz like I said. Then they will have to find a taker for Miller or Bayless at that point. We are also taking Posey's bad contract off their hands as well.

Mplsman
07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Wolves will land him.

mrblisterdundee
Considering New Orleans knows Chris Paul will leave as much as Toronto knew that Chris Bosh would leave, I think Rudy Fernandez and Andre Miller for Paul is a fair deal. Portland has the cap space to make the contracts work. New Orleans gets a veteran point guard who can teach Collison the ropes, either starting or coming off the bench as the sixth man. Portland gets the best point guard in the game and roster that (when healthy) can contend with Los Angeles, Dallas and any other team in the west.

caseyrh
Landry for Rudy? Hilarious.

And since when is being a back-up an excuse for not being efficient? So it is harder to play against the second unit then the first?

The guy is a bench player. The sooner he realizes it the better.

Who needs a prima donna like that on their team?

blazerman
There is no way your getting bAtum with out Tyreke in yoru deal.. not even Cousins.. maybe Bayelss but that woudl take Benu and Landry and maybe a trade of 1st's

I wonder if some people are just pure stupid, this thread is about Rudy and 99% of the offers are from fans than want to give up their scrubs and then all of a sudden want to add in more of our youth that has huge upside(Batum) and basically offer in addition to the ***tty offer they opened with a measly 2nd rd pick, fn *****!

Oh yeah then they comment on how Rudy's value is so low, (a mediocre first outing as a starter in the NBA is nothing more than a growing pain) and then they want to glorify their bottomfeeders and their worthless low draft picks.

Hokysfan
hokysfan...you would make a great Pritchard replacement. I have not seen you propose one realistic deal for Rudy. Landry, Thompson, Taj, Anthony Randolph all have wayyyy more value than your love child Rudy.

i dont like Rudy.. not really at all.. but im just saying im trying to fill a need here, we arent goign to move him for pennies.. and we are offering pics and players on top of Rudy..

Just liek these other fools offering James Jones for Rudy, or these garbage 11th and 12th man Knicks guys for Rudy..

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Considering New Orleans knows Chris Paul will leave as much as Toronto knew that Chris Bosh would leave, I think Rudy Fernandez and Andre Miller for Paul is a fair deal. Portland has the cap space to make the contracts work. New Orleans gets a veteran point guard who can teach Collison the ropes, either starting or coming off the bench as the sixth man. Portland gets the best point guard in the game and roster that (when healthy) can contend with Los Angeles, Dallas and any other team in the west.

and Hokys said that knick fans feel entitled :speechless:

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Miller's second year is a team option (Pritchard knew what he was doing) so his contract is an expiring if the team wants it to be. If they won't take Miller then give them Pryz like I said. Then they will have to find a taker for Miller or Bayless at that point. We are also taking Posey's bad contract off their hands as well.

im not saying i would do it bro.. im saying i dont see it happening.. if we coudl get collison and posey for miller.. id do it

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:00 PM

And since when is being a back-up an excuse for not being efficient? So it is harder to play against the second unit then the first?

i dont see it going strait either, but with combo of pics and backup players.. it could happen... but prob. not becuase of the Rudy not being happy in a small market liek Sac.. just idea's here

mwoodri
07-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Considering New Orleans knows Chris Paul will leave as much as Toronto knew that Chris Bosh would leave, I think Rudy Fernandez and Andre Miller for Paul is a fair deal.

Put the pipe down kid

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:03 PM
I wonder if some people are just pure stupid, this thread is about Rudy and 99% of the offers are from fans than want to give up their scrubs and then all of a sudden want to add in more of our youth that has huge upside(Batum) and basically offer in addition to the ***tty offer they opened with a measly 2nd rd pick, fn *****!

Oh yeah then they comment on how Rudy's value is so low, (a mediocre first outing as a starter in the NBA is nothing more than a growing pain) and then they want to glorify their bottomfeeders and their worthless low draft picks.

EXACTLY.. i mean his first year he was lighting it up, he broke record for most 3s hit by a rookie, last year he didnt do well.. but he just isnt fitting in what we are doing here..

FarOutIos
07-27-2010, 02:04 PM

Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez and a few picks...maybe.

Even if Paul is leaving for sure, he is still a great player and plenty of teams will be able to offer more for him.

My kings could offer a package of Landry, Casspi and a couple of picks.

Paul and Evans in the backcourt could be nice... Now I don't think we would ever do that trade, but that's what a team like ours could offer.

I think if your replace Miller with Batum or Bayless and add a couple of picks, then it is more realistic.

mwoodri
07-27-2010, 02:04 PM
i dont like Rudy.. not really at all.. but im just saying im trying to fill a need here, we arent goign to move him for pennies.. and we are offering pics and players on top of Rudy..

Just liek these other fools offering James Jones for Rudy, or these garbage 11th and 12th man Knicks guys for Rudy..

I understand you want to fill a need, but guys like Carl Landry get traded for guys like Kevin Martin, not Rudy. C'mon man.

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
EXACTLY.. i mean his first year he was lighting it up, he broke record for most 3s hit by a rookie, last year he didnt do well.. but he just isnt fitting in what we are doing here..

i wouldnt call 10 ppg shooting 42% lighting it up exactly...trust me you guys wont get fair value (esp what u guys apparently believe is fair value) for him. He is good as gone if you don't trade him and the few teams he would actually play for know that.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:06 PM

:facepalm: i dont know what this guy is on.. lol.. damn.. TALKING ABOUT A WISH LISST.. he makes Rudy look justified

Brew
07-27-2010, 02:06 PM
im not saying i would do it bro.. im saying i dont see it happening.. if we coudl get collison and posey for miller.. id do it

AND Rudy

FarOutIos
07-27-2010, 02:08 PM

Hey, I thought Landry and a pick for Bayless and Rudy was fair...

As a kings fan, we would get a young PG in Bayless (who I think Petrie wanted to draft) and a good outside shooter we've been wanting. We give up a great low post player, but we just drafted what we hope will be a better low post player.

All in all, sounded good to me.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:08 PM
i wouldnt call 10 ppg shooting 42% lighting it up exactly...trust me you guys wont get fair value (esp what u guys apparently believe is fair value) for him. He is good as gone if you don't trade him and the few teams he would actually play for know that.

well in my opinion let him go back to Spain if that is what he wants to do, but why trade him to trade him if we arent getting back anything that can contribute, right now we have 16 people vying for 15 Rosters spots.. why trade him for soembody that wouldnt even make our roster is all im saying.. if it isnt fair Value i understand that .. but me being "PRITCHARDS REPLACEMENT", if im not getting value im not having him go help out any other team in the NBA unless i get fair value or a piece back that i can use

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey, I thought Landry and a pick for Bayless and Rudy was fair...

As a kings fan, we would get a young PG in Bayless (who I think Petrie wanted to draft) and a good outside shooter we've been wanting. We give up a great low post player, but we just drafted what we hope will be a better low post player.

All in all, sounded good to me.

if we are sending Bayless we want Beno back.. we need a backup PG.. and we can send you pryz adn hsi contact to make it fit type of thing, but i dont see Bayless and Rudy strait for Landry working for ME as a Blazers fan.. but i see the Benifit for both of us.. but Landry would be our 4th option at big man and Bayless can play backup 1 adn 2 for us when we move Rudy

mwoodri
07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
well in my opinion let him go back to Spain if that is what he wants to do, but why trade him to trade him if we arent getting back anything that can contribute, right now we have 16 people vying for 15 Rosters spots.. why trade him for soembody that wouldnt even make our roster is all im saying.. if it isnt fair Value i understand that .. but me being "PRITCHARDS REPLACEMENT", if im not getting value im not having him go help out any other team in the NBA unless i get fair value or a piece back that i can use

So you would rather let him go to spain and get no compensation vs. trade him for a 1st rounder.

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Might as well get something for him...btw both Walker and Toney Douglas put up very similar numbers compared to him so I dont see how they are SOOO far away from Rudy. Plus Walker lost almost 30 pounds this summer, I'm not even sure i trade him for Rudy if im the Knicks.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:15 PM
So you would rather let him go to spain and get no compensation vs. trade him for a 1st rounder.

id rather trade him for somethign we coudl use.. a 1st rounder yes that would be nice.. but not soem player who will be our 12th man..

from all the reports iv been reading that the blazers arent going to settle for less thenw hat they deam his value to be

valade16
07-27-2010, 02:16 PM
i wouldnt call 10 ppg shooting 42% lighting it up exactly...trust me you guys wont get fair value esp what u guys apparently believe is fair value) for him. He is good as gone if you don't trade him and the few teams he would actually play for know that.

Isn't this a two way street? :eyebrow:

The offers I've seen on this thread are just as bad as the offers were proposing.

Landry may be more of a wish, but a package of Rudy and other stuff can be put together. But is that trade really any worse than Turiaf, Walker, and a 2nd round pick?

If you want us to be realistic, please return the favor!

Also, to the guy that said Miller and Rudy for Paul, that's not realistic :facepalm:

Realistic is Miller, Pryz, Batum, Rudy, and Bayless plus $3 mil. and 2 1st round picks.

Two good players who are also expirings, Batum, Rudy, and Bayless are young potential, money to alleviate your finances, and 2 1st rounders to complete the deal.

valade16
07-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Might as well get something for him...btw both Walker and Toney Douglas put up very similar numbers compared to him so I dont see how they are SOOO far away from Rudy. Plus Walker lost almost 30 pounds this summer, I'm not even sure i trade him for Rudy if im the Knicks.

You'd fit right into the Isiah Thomas fold then

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:17 PM

is walker a SF or PF?..

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:18 PM

is walker a SF or PF?.. and Toney Douglas does what we already have .. i like douglas but when we have 2 or 3 of the same thing it just creates more problems.. Rudy wants to be traded cause he isnt getting the min he thinks he neds, TD wont either

SchyGuy11
07-27-2010, 02:19 PM

no thank you, we are not trading taj

uws
07-27-2010, 02:20 PM
everyone is overrating the **** out of rudy. he's a backup/late rotation guy at best on any .500 club, he doesnt even deserve his own thread

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Isn't this a two way street? :eyebrow:

The offers I've seen on this thread are just as bad as the offers were proposing.

Landry may be more of a wish, but a package of Rudy and other stuff can be put together. But is that trade really any worse than Turiaf, Walker, and a 2nd round pick?

If you want us to be realistic, please return the favor!

Also, to the guy that said Miller and Rudy for Paul, that's not realistic :facepalm:

Realistic is Miller, Pryz, Batum, Rudy, and Bayless plus $3 mil. and 2 1st round picks.

Two good players who are also expirings, Batum, Rudy, and Bayless are young potential, money to alleviate your finances, and 2 1st rounders to complete the deal.

Thank you!!! Thats waht im saying, people keep saying Rudy isnt worth anything but everybody wants him on there team.. and is not willing to make realistic trade idea's.. im willing to debate but a debate cant be just about waht youw ant to get, u also have to get somethign in return..

in the Kings trade im offering a decent package and the one Kings fan likes the idea lol.... but Knicks and Bulls fan want the guy but want to offer a guy who cant start on there roster much less our deeper roster

valade16
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
everyone is overrating the **** out of rudy. he's a backup/late rotation guy at best on any .500 club, he doesnt even deserve his own thread

His rookie year already proved you wrong! Late rotation guys don't come in and drop 10 ppg, especially as rookies.

If he's on your bench he's probably your 6th man. And put it this way, if he's so overrated, how come so many people are jumping at the offer to trade for him?

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:23 PM
no thank you, we are not trading taj

i agree, u shouldnt but that is what it woudl take for me to send rudy to you.. not just James Jones.. he is a 3 with limited range.. we have no use for another 3

FarOutIos
07-27-2010, 02:23 PM
if we are sending Bayless we want Beno back.. we need a backup PG.. and we can send you pryz adn hsi contact to make it fit type of thing, but i dont see Bayless and Rudy strait for Landry working for ME as a Blazers fan.. but i see the Benifit for both of us.. but Landry would be our 4th option at big man and Bayless can play backup 1 adn 2 for us when we move Rudy

Not to be rude, but you already said you didn't like the trade. So my comment was made for other's opinions. One fan's opinions are not worth much...

And as for Landry being the fourth option... not necessarily. Oden and Aldridge will start, but Camby is getting old and does nothing for your team offensively. Having Camby and Landry come off the bench together would be a perfect duo.

And Landry is a great low post presence. If Oden gets injured again, he would probably be your low best low post presence. Not too familiar with all your bigs games, just guessing.

FNM BOY
07-27-2010, 02:24 PM

I dont know how many times I have to say it...but some of you fans think trades are based only on TALENT!!...However for your enlightment the NBA is also a business....sometimes you guys cant see the $$$$ moves in trades...sometimes trades are done with finance in mind, while some are done for talent.

Hokysfan
His rookie year already proved you wrong! Late rotation guys don't come in and drop 10 ppg, especially as rookies.

If he's on your bench he's probably your 6th man. And put it this way, if he's so overrated, how come so many people are jumping at the offer to trade for him?

:clap:

69centers
id love to see Rudy for BigBaby... and ya'll can have Pendy too if ya'll need.. that would be great for both sides..

What you think?

Due to a shortage for us at the 4 and 5, we would most likely offer Sheed's contract toward Rudy, before offering players like Baby.

blazerman
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM

agreed. Its funny how knicks fans say he isnt any good but they continue to talk about how they'd give this or that for him. Oops I forgot the Knicks are contenders and all of their players are too good and their value is so high. It only took 2yrs to trade their best player. I find it funny how the draft is held in MSG and the Knicks continually have to watch their team trade away their top draft pick for trash and when they do get a pick he's the GOAT, haha

mwoodri
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM
id rather trade him for somethign we coudl use.. a 1st rounder yes that would be nice.. but not soem player who will be our 12th man..

from all the reports iv been reading that the blazers arent going to settle for less thenw hat they deam his value to be

I agree in that I wouldn't trade him for a scrub, but you'd be foolish to not take even a late 1st rounder for him. He doesn't want to be there, he IS going to leave the day his contract is up, and he doesn't fit your system. If you really want to trade for Paul having an extra 1st rounder would only help, probably more so than having Rudy to put in the deal. Your not going to get an above average 4 for him. Take a first rounder from who ever gives you the best pick.

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 02:26 PM
is walker a SF or PF?..

Hes a SG, I personally think Walker and Turiaf for Rudy is more than fair. You are not getting Taj, Randolph or Landry or anywhere near that.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Not to be rude, but you already said you didn't like the trade. So my comment was made for other's opinions. One fan's opinions are not worth much...

And as for Landry being the fourth option... not necessarily. Oden and Aldridge will start, but Camby is getting old and does nothing for your team offensively. Having Camby and Landry come off the bench together would be a perfect duo.

And Landry is a great low post presence. If Oden gets injured again, he would probably be your low best low post presence. Not too familiar with all your bigs games, just guessing.

no offence taken.. i was the one who wanted Landry.. im jus tsaying i think that Bayless and Rudy is a steep price for him, id give you rudy adn one of our backup 4s who are 2nd year players and a pick or two.. and our rookie combo guard Armon Johnson, or our 2nd year PG Patty Mills.. but those two are too much for Landry in the capacity he woudl fill

But i totally agree he woudl be dynamic offence off the Bench but Camby brings alot to the table in Regards to D and Rebounding, and Court Leadership...

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Due to a shortage for us at the 4 and 5, we would most likely offer Sheed's contract toward Rudy, before offering players like Baby.

i agree and we coudl send you Cunningham or Pendy back with Rudy .. but we dont have a use for Expiring contract

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Hes a SG, I personally think Walker and Turiaf for Rudy is more than fair. You are not getting Taj, Randolph or Landry or anywhere near that.

We have Oden, Camby, Aldridge at bigs.. dont need Turiaf
We are trading Rudy becuase he cant find PT on our Roster with Roy, Matthews, Bayless, Batum, Williams (rookie), Babbitt (rookie).. already would be ahead of Walker in our rotation.. just no purpose for us..

id take a 1st rounder from ya'll, which will prob. still be a top 10 pick next year.. much higher value then your 12th man

bkmikeyy
07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
agreed. Its funny how knicks fans say he isnt any good but they continue to talk about how they'd give this or that for him. Oops I forgot the Knicks are contenders and all of their players are too good and their value is so high. It only took 2yrs to trade their best player. I find it funny how the draft is held in MSG and the Knicks continually have to watch their team trade away their top draft pick for trash and when they do get a pick he's the GOAT, haha

He'd be a piece nice on the Knicks but not worth giving up anything of serious value. I really could care less if the Knicks get him or not it wont make or break anything. I'm just saying don't expect fair value for him. Walker averaged 9 and 3 (12 and 3 after he actually started getting minutes after the Boston trade) shooting 52% (including 60% from 2!!) and lost 27 pounds this summer, Rudy averaged 8 and 3 shooting 38% and said he never wants to play for the Blazers again and will leave the country if he has to. Rudy is 25 and Walker is 22. Not sure how Rudy is that much better than Walker.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:34 PM
good then keep walker.. hope he works out for you..

uws
07-27-2010, 02:35 PM
no team is jumping to trade for him, he just made a big public deal out of it and now since FA is almost voer the media needs something to talk about so they give this idiot time in the spotlight.

if rudy wwas so good someone would have offered a player up by now

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Blazers didnt have a GM til last week.. so we werent really entertaining trade options.. exept for CP3.. since draft taht is where all Blzers have focused on

FarOutIos
07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
no offence taken.. i was the one who wanted Landry.. im jus tsaying i think that Bayless and Rudy is a steep price for him, id give you rudy adn one of our backup 4s who are 2nd year players and a pick or two.. and our rookie combo guard Armon Johnson, or our 2nd year PG Patty Mills.. but those two are too much for Landry in the capacity he woudl fill

But i totally agree he woudl be dynamic offence off the Bench but Camby brings alot to the table in Regards to D and Rebounding, and Court Leadership...

Personally, I think Landry for Rudy and Armon Johnson is interesting. I LOVE the idea of pairing Evans with another combo guard. I think that would be the most effective lineup.

And I didn't think that Landry for Bayless and Rudy was a fair trade straight up... I also thought we would have to throw in a pick, as I mentioned before.

valade16
07-27-2010, 03:01 PM
He'd be a piece nice on the Knicks but not worth giving up anything of serious value. I really could care less if the Knicks get him or not it wont make or break anything. I'm just saying don't expect fair value for him. Walker averaged 9 and 3 (12 and 3 after he actually started getting minutes after the Boston trade) shooting 52% (including 60% from 2!!) and lost 27 pounds this summer, Rudy averaged 8 and 3 shooting 38% and said he never wants to play for the Blazers again and will leave the country if he has to. Rudy is 25 and Walker is 22. Not sure how Rudy is that much better than Walker.

Then see you later...

Look, you Knicks fans (if you are one lol) are looking to dump multiple players and picks to land another talent... The Blazers are looking to do this too.

Since neither team is interested in taking on a bunch of players, there's no deal here.

Hellcrooner
07-27-2010, 03:27 PM
The truth is the following.

Blazers fans, you are going to get MUCH less that what you are asking for because thans to Nate not playing hi enough and not allowing hi to play to his strengghts(ha dle, pass drive in, creat his hshoty) but instead trying to use him stricly as a 3p shooter on the corener wich he isint his value has gone down.

Other teams fans, you are going to need to give 0p more than you are willing too because the dude has talent and your FO know it
They also know that he is thinking on a eruopean comback ,, s o if he is traded somewhere where he will be stuck in the bench he will simply walk out to europe and ou ahve traded for nothing, so basically they will have to trade pieces that MAKE room for him starting or being the 6th man.

So, New Yorkers if you want him prepare to lose Chandeler ( because i asume dantoni does not want to lose Gallo or Randolph).
And in 7 days once the season begins you WONT miss chandler the slightest bit, promise.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 03:30 PM
i really dont even want Chandler really.. but ill take him over Walker..

i just really think that NY isnt a good Match.. maybe Minn cause they liek giving up players for nothign back.. or Sac is a good option... but only hear from Chicago and NY

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 03:32 PM
What about NJ send Terrance Williams
and we send Rudy and 1st Rd pick

NJ was on his wish list...

blackjack_119
07-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Fair trades that make sense for Rudy Fernandez:

Portland sends: Rudy Fernandez
Boston sends: Avery Bradley

Bradley is stuck behind Rondo and Fernandez is stuck behind Roy. Both would have an opportunity to start in the near future on their new team.

Portland sends: Rudy Fernandez, #16 overall Luke Babbitt
Orlando Sends: Brandon Bass, 2011 First Round Pick

Orlando gets two good perimeter shooters who will fit their system perfectly and free up more minutes for Ryan Anderson. Portland gets a back up PF and a future asset.

Portland sends: Rudy Fernandez, Joel Przybilla
Washington sends: Kirk Hinrich

Fernandez would be a good fit next to John Wall and Hinrich would be a good defender/3PT Shooter off the bench for Portland.

jobie420
07-27-2010, 03:35 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=268ddmz

A 3 team trade that might work

Hellcrooner
07-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Imo good fits for him.

Boston , first man on teh bench, they need a scorer from the bench too and will get to start in no more than 2 seasons when ray ray declines more or retires.

New York, Felton, Rudy, Gaoll, randolph, Stoy, perfect ft, woudl score 15 to 18 ppg n dantonis sismte.

Orlando, Carter plays the three so he could start.

Washington, everything is for grabs there not only starting but to become a top 3 offensive optin.

Cleveland, rebuilidng so everything is up fro grbs.

Suns, they ll get rid of richardson soon and could work very well with them.

Spurs, manu likes coming fom the bench so he can start and be used jsut the same way man is used, but younger.

Mavs, could back up terry until he expires or even start since he is taller and longer wud mesh very well with dirk and rorigue.

ill assume they wont trade within division but wolves and jazz woudl b oth be good fits.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Fair trades that make sense for Rudy Fernandez:

Portland sends: Rudy Fernandez
Boston sends: Avery Bradley

Bradley is stuck behind Rondo and Fernandez is stuck behind Roy. Both would have an opportunity to start in the near future on their new team.

Portland sends: Rudy Fernandez, #16 overall Luke Babbitt
Orlando Sends: Brandon Bass, 2011 First Round Pick

Orlando gets two good perimeter shooters who will fit their system perfectly and free up more minutes for Ryan Anderson. Portland gets a back up PF and a future asset.

Portland sends: Rudy Fernandez, Joel Przybilla
Washington sends: Kirk Hinrich

Fernandez would be a good fit next to John Wall and Hinrich would be a good defender/3PT Shooter off the bench for Portland.

now.. i coudl see Washington really doign this.. i dont liek the Orlando one at all.. Pryz is a dominant number 2 Center in this leauge adn so many teams coudl use a real center , and a 7 mil expiring contract.. we coudl get more then Bass and a late 1st roudn pick

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Jazz have no bigs to offer.. Wolves woudl be dumb enough to make this trade but dont know what they have that we could want.. unless they want to send us Flynn for Rudy and Pick

Hellcrooner
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Jazz have no bigs to offer.. Wolves woudl be dumb enough to make this trade but dont know what they have that we could want.. unless they want to send us Flynn for Rudy and Pick

that would be an idea if you remove the pick.

Wolves may be the most interested team in him since he is close with rubio.

tat would pretty much assure he signs next season.

blackjack_119
07-27-2010, 03:41 PM

It doesn't make sense for Portland. While Turiaf is a great player, the Blazers already have three post defenders in Greg Oden, Marcus Camby and Joel Przybilla there would be no reason to bring in Ronny Turiaf. As for Bill Walker, he wouldn't see any minutes with the Blazers.

20GoodTimes20
07-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Kahn is not smart enough for that..but youre right man, he should.

Hokysfan
07-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Kahn is not smart enough for that..but youre right man, he should.

we could even send him another pick, u know he loves picks.. then get Rubio over with Rudy next year.. we can send him Patty Mills too, to get back Johnny Flynn in a trade.. LETS DO THIS.. forget the Knicks lol

eric1501
07-27-2010, 05:16 PM
we could even send him another pick, u know he loves picks.. then get Rubio over with Rudy next year.. we can send him Patty Mills too, to get back Johnny Flynn in a trade.. LETS DO THIS.. forget the Knicks lol

Yeah wasn't the Blazers interested in Sessions? They are in need of a PG. But I think Flynn has more value in a trade than Rudy. If the Wolves traded Flynn they would have already tanked the season if it wasn't tanked already.

Ridnour/Telfair
Rudy/Webster
Johnson/Brewer/Beasley
Love/Beasley
Darko/Pekovic

Decent team once you plug in Rubio.

eric1501
07-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Martell Webster would offically hate Rudy Fernandez if the Wolves traded for him.

MassoDio
07-27-2010, 06:32 PM
As a Bulls fan, I would like Rudy.

I, unlike many other Bulls fans, am not opposed to trading Taj Gibson. I don't think the Blazers have any need for James Johnson, so they aren't going to accept him in any package.

I would like to see a trade that looks like this:

Portland gets:

Taj Gibson
2nd Round pick (or a 1st if there is much of a fight. The Bulls 1st rounder won't be that high if all goes as well as I hope they will.)

Bulls get:

Rudy Fernandez
Jeff Pendergraph

I personally don't feel that Taj is going to get a whole lot better than he already is. He was an old rookie with college experience, which is why he played as well as he did. He is a solid player, and I like him, but I think there is an unrealistic expectation that he is going to improve a great deal. I don't see it. I do think he will get better, but not all that much.

I think Rudy adds exactly what the Bulls need. A good shooting sg that can also handle the ball. He is a good athlete and is much better than he has shown so far. He is used to starting, from his time in the Euro league, and coming off the bench makes it difficult for him to get into a rhythm. He will see more minutes in Chicago, which should allow him to find more of a groove.

I also think that Jeff Pendergraph is much closer to Taj than most people realize. I don't think he is as good, but he is closer than people think. I watched a lot of him in college since I live in Phoenix and can watch all the Sun Devils games. He will be a good back up pf in the league for a long time. He will never be a full time starter, but he can come off the bench and provide a lot of energy. The guy just always plays hard.

So that would be the deal I would shoot for if I was the Bulls. Plus it would work for Portland because they get a little better in an area of need, and they give two players for one, which helps with the logjam, and receive a pick they can either use or trade down the line.

Klivlend
07-27-2010, 07:17 PM
The Bulls should make a move for this guy. I think he could be their missing piece. He will probably fit in better then T-Mac too. Doesn't seem like he has nearly as large of an ego.

BKNets21
07-27-2010, 07:42 PM

No thank you.

T-Will is pretty much untouchable, unless it's for CP3. That 1st would probably be 20-25 as well so no much value in that.

BEARaBULL
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM

I, unlike many other Bulls fans, am not opposed to trading Taj Gibson. I don't think the Blazers have any need for James Johnson, so they aren't going to accept him in any package.

Portland gets:

Taj Gibson
2nd Round pick (or a 1st if there is much of a fight. The Bulls 1st rounder won't be that high if all goes as well as I hope they will.)

Bulls get:

Rudy Fernandez
Jeff Pendergraph

I personally don't feel that Taj is going to get a whole lot better than he already is. He was an old rookie with college experience, which is why he played as well as he did. He is a solid player, and I like him, but I think there is an unrealistic expectation that he is going to improve a great deal. I don't see it. I do think he will get better, but not all that much.

I think Rudy adds exactly what the Bulls need. A good shooting sg that can also handle the ball. He is a good athlete and is much better than he has shown so far. He is used to starting, from his time in the Euro league, and coming off the bench makes it difficult for him to get into a rhythm. He will see more minutes in Chicago, which should allow him to find more of a groove.

I also think that Jeff Pendergraph is much closer to Taj than most people realize. I don't think he is as good, but he is closer than people think. I watched a lot of him in college since I live in Phoenix and can watch all the Sun Devils games. He will be a good back up pf in the league for a long time. He will never be a full time starter, but he can come off the bench and provide a lot of energy. The guy just always plays hard.

So that would be the deal I would shoot for if I was the Bulls. Plus it would work for Portland because they get a little better in an area of need, and they give two players for one, which helps with the logjam, and receive a pick they can either use or trade down the line.

I'm not opposed to this necessarily...but I honestly don't think you have to give up so much for Rudy. We've all seen his highlights, and realize his potential; however, the point is that it is still just potential. Why should we give up Taj and a second or a first for an unproven player? A draft pick should be enough for a player who has yet to show he is a game changer (or even a starter). I understand that he just hasn't got the opportunity (and I really really really want Rudy as a Bull), but we have to be smart about it and not allow them to think they can take a pick AND a proven contributor in Taj for a player they don't even want, need, or know how he would play if he played every game in the season.

DeShaun Brown
07-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm not opposed to this necessarily...but I honestly don't think you have to give up so much for Rudy. We've all seen his highlights, and realize his potential; however, the point is that it is still just potential. Why should we give up Taj and a second or a first for an unproven player? A draft pick should be enough for a player who has yet to show he is a game changer (or even a starter). I understand that he just hasn't got the opportunity (and I really really really want Rudy as a Bull), but we have to be smart about it and not allow them to think they can take a pick AND a proven contributor in Taj for a player they don't even want, need, or know how he would play if he played every game in the season.

:clap: Thank you! You said exactly what I was thinking? Besides, isn't he threatening to go back to Europe if he doesn't get what he wants? If so, that takes away a lot of the leverage from Portland.

blazerman
07-27-2010, 08:28 PM
:clap: Thank you! You said exactly what I was thinking? Besides, isn't he threatening to go back to Europe if he doesn't get what he wants? If so, that takes away a lot of the leverage from Portland.

He can cry around and say he wants to go to Europe all he wants it dont change nothing, he's still a Blazer until we dump him somewhere. It dont take any leverage away from us, his choice is to sit home in Spain or play for the Blazers unless we unload him.

Personally this thread is a waste because Rudy's not worth a thread to me. Hellcrooner may disagree

KingsAndNiners
07-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Another Kings fan checking in. I, for one wouldn't be willing to deal Landry for Rudy. I'd really like him on the Kings tho. I'd be willing to trade Thompson and Beno and a 2nd round pick or two for Rudy, Bayless, plus Pendy or other young fillers as needed to make salaries match. I'm not sure of the Blazers salaries.

Tyreke/Bayless/Jeter
Rudy/Garcia/Sloan
Greene/Casspi/Wright
Landry/Whiteside/Pendy
Dalembert/Cousins

Not a bad roster that could sneak into the playoffs if some injuries happen to other teams and if Whiteside and Cousins turn out as expected.

LA_Raiders
07-27-2010, 08:52 PM
he is a good player, i hope he goes to a team that fits...

Hellcrooner
07-27-2010, 09:06 PM
He can cry around and say he wants to go to Europe all he wants it dont change nothing, he's still a Blazer until we dump him somewhere. It dont take any leverage away from us, his choice is to sit home in Spain or play for the Blazers unless we unload him.

Personally this thread is a waste because Rudy's not worth a thread to me. Hellcrooner may disagree

theres an agreement between NBa with eurleague.

If a player wants to go back to europe EVEN IF HE IS UNDERZ CONTRACT with Nba team he hs just to fill some papers where it says that its leaving and he WONT play for any oter Nba team ( the team holds his rights and if he wants to go back he has to either go back to the team or askt to the team to trade the remaining of his contract)

SO yeah he can leave and k4ave the team with NOTHING.

Wich is what i think will happen and blazers want.

I doubt they want the risk of trading him sowmhere and fining out they gave u p a good player.

Either that or trade him to a WORSE situation for him, like to a team that has a star at sg and 25 back up sgs

SANDBURG23
07-27-2010, 09:56 PM

fIRST OF ALL THEY CAN'T TRADE MATHEWS 'TIL MID SEASON, JUST SIGN'S HIM.
sECOND THE BULLS WOULD BE MUCH WORSE AFTER THAT TRADE. WON'T TRADE GIBSON FOR RUDY STARIGHT UP. THEY TAKE J.JOHNSON AND NEXT YEARS FIRST, IT'S ALL WE CAN OFFER.

Sports Illustrator
07-27-2010, 11:01 PM
i really dont even want Chandler really.. but ill take him over Walker..

i just really think that NY isnt a good Match.. maybe Minn cause they liek giving up players for nothign back.. or Sac is a good option... but only hear from Chicago and NY

It doesn't look like NY will be trading with Portland, you are right. The Knicks currently have 3 shooting guards and it will be tough distributing playing time. Aside from that, I don't think the Knicks have anything that interests Portland from what the Knicks would be willing to offer for Rudy.

That would be a very generous offer if the Blazers traded Rudy and a 1st for T-Will. That trade is a risky one from both sides since we do not know what to fully expect from T-Will. As of right now, it would look like the Nets would have to give more than just T-Will to land Fernandez.

It doesn't seem like Portland are interested in getting players in return. What they mostly want are first round picks instead.

bigsams50
07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd love to have Rudy in a Bobcats uniform for this year. Or Panathinaikos, either will do :)

DerekRE_3
07-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Another Kings fan checking in. I, for one wouldn't be willing to deal Landry for Rudy. I'd really like him on the Kings tho. I'd be willing to trade Thompson and Beno and a 2nd round pick or two for Rudy, Bayless, plus Pendy or other young fillers as needed to make salaries match. I'm not sure of the Blazers salaries.

Tyreke/Bayless/Jeter
Rudy/Garcia/Sloan
Greene/Casspi/Wright
Landry/Whiteside/Pendy
Dalembert/Cousins

Not a bad roster that could sneak into the playoffs if some injuries happen to other teams and if Whiteside and Cousins turn out as expected.

That's disgusting. Landry is good.

Hellcrooner
07-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Rudy makes no sense for the Kings.

Tyreke is a combo guard and better off the ball so they ened a beter pg not another combo

NYYCowboys
07-27-2010, 11:26 PM
I would trade Wilson Chandler for Rudy straight up...I don't know how the contract would work out, but I think the trade would be beneficial for both sides.

AddiX
07-27-2010, 11:29 PM
A lot of fellow Knick fans love Rudy. I like him but I sure as heck don't understand why so many people seem to think he will make any team that much better.

Plus I'm a huge fan of Portlands coach (I wanted him to coach the Knicks) and if he isn't playing Rudy I don't want him.

Blazers#1Fan
07-27-2010, 11:31 PM

landry will be a free agent at the end of the year and i think will look for a contract at the end of the year, you guys have cousins to play PF i doubt landry will start over cousins or dalembert, and a backcourt of Evans fernandez would be a nice! Rudy plays like the kings and would fit in perfect i would give up rudy/bayless/2nd round pick for landry

Dalembert/Thompson
Cousins/Whiteside
Casspi/Greene
Fernandez/Bayless
Evans/Udrih

BKNets21
07-27-2010, 11:36 PM
That would be a very generous offer if the Blazers traded Rudy and a 1st for T-Will. That trade is a risky one from both sides since we do not know what to fully expect from T-Will. As of right now, it would look like the Nets would have to give more than just T-Will to land Fernandez.

Wow, you really think that?

I'd be pissed if the Nets traded T-Will for Rudy. T-Will's has so much upside and although Rudy is a good player, we have Anthony Morrow and Courtney Lee already covering the two guard position.

I honestly think T-Will could turn into Iggy 2.0. I think Rudy plus a 20-25th pick isn't even fair for the Nets, but maybe i'm putting too much into Williams' potential.

Blazers#1Fan
07-27-2010, 11:37 PM
I would trade Wilson Chandler for Rudy straight up...I don't know how the contract would work out, but I think the trade would be beneficial for both sides.

I'd do that trade

LakerPride
07-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Sasha is on the trading block as well... LA must have its sight on Rudy. they maybe creating some space for him???

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Sasha is on the trading block as well... LA must have its sight on Rudy. they maybe creating some space for him???

way over th cap and doubt blazrs wold trade straight up or even ith lakers projected 27-30 pick the next few seasons.

jiggin
07-28-2010, 01:25 AM
rumors swirling about Boston or NY Nicks or Bulls being the teams most interested.

even a rumor about Big Baby coming to portland for Rudy...

...but most of the "analysts" speculation out west is the blazers will get a draft pick for him.

PS - this is going to happen soon. Miller, Rudy's agent, is pressing for a "quick" trade to be done. Blazers were looking to package him with other players for a much larger scale trade...but that doesn't appear to be unfolding in reality.

My guess, based on what I have heard here in the NW is that he will be traded in the next couple days.

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 01:26 AM
Wonder what they want for him.

KingsAndNiners
07-28-2010, 01:39 AM

Lol, did you even read what you bolded?

KingsAndNiners
07-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Rudy makes no sense for the Kings.

Tyreke is a combo guard and better off the ball so they ened a beter pg not another combo

Im sure you didn't even watch a Kings game last year. Tyreke can't play off the ball, he dominates the ball and facilitates our offense.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 01:48 AM

Portland gets:

Taj Gibson

Bulls get:

Rudy Fernandez
Jeff Pendergraph

x2 thats what i been trying to tell them

redwhitenblue
07-28-2010, 02:04 AM
That's nice that you think Pendergraph is near Taj's level, but I disagree wholeheartedly. Taj is easily a legit double-double threat next year, especially if his MPG increase at all. He spent some of last season playing through injury as well.

If it takes Taj to get Rudy, I say no thanks. I'll stick with Brewer and Korver splitting time at SG with Watson backing up Rose at PG.

samurai
07-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Portland always wants to much for their players. The Bulls are in a good position now. I Think Taj can become a Horace Grant-type player for those of you who remember the championship runs. Rudy would be nice as long as we don't have to subtract much from what we have built already.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 03:04 AM
Any deal in getting Rudy they will ask for big man help in return, bet on it.

KnickFanSince91
07-28-2010, 03:51 AM
I don't understand all the hype around this guy with some Knick fans. He doesn't shoot well enough and isn't a better player than anybody on the roster. I'll pass.

MassoDio
07-28-2010, 12:05 PM
That's nice that you think Pendergraph is near Taj's level, but I disagree wholeheartedly. Taj is easily a legit double-double threat next year, especially if his MPG increase at all. He spent some of last season playing through injury as well.

If it takes Taj to get Rudy, I say no thanks. I'll stick with Brewer and Korver splitting time at SG with Watson backing up Rose at PG.

The problem is that Taj will most likely not see more minutes than he did last year. Taj averaged 26.9 minutes a game last year because he started for half the season. With Boozer in Chicago, his minutes will not increase. They may even take a slight dip.

I like Taj, and I don't think he should be the first thing the Bulls offer. They should offer James Johnson first, which I believe they are already doing and being turned down. I am just not a Bulls fan that will be upset to see Taj get traded if it helps in an area of need. The Bulls need more shooting. Rudy can help with that. Pendergraph is more than serviceable as a back up pf.

If the Bulls can get Rudy without giving up Taj, I am all for it. But he is not, in any way, a deal breaker for me. I don't think he is going to get much better than he already is. He is 25 years old already. He averaged 9.5 and 7.5 last year. At his peak, I think he may average 13/9 or 14/10, at most. That isn't production that justifies making him a deal breaker. That production can be replaced.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
The problem is that Taj will most likely not see more minutes than he did last year. Taj averaged 26.9 minutes a game last year because he started for half the season. With Boozer in Chicago, his minutes will not increase. They may even take a slight dip.

I like Taj, and I don't think he should be the first thing the Bulls offer. They should offer James Johnson first, which I believe they are already doing and being turned down. I am just not a Bulls fan that will be upset to see Taj get traded if it helps in an area of need. The Bulls need more shooting. Rudy can help with that. Pendergraph is more than serviceable as a back up pf.

If the Bulls can get Rudy without giving up Taj, I am all for it. But he is not, in any way, a deal breaker for me. I don't think he is going to get much better than he already is. He is 25 years old already. He averaged 9.5 and 7.5 last year. At his peak, I think he may average 13/9 or 14/10, at most. That isn't production that justifies making him a deal breaker. That production can be replaced.

x2 Bulls fans keep getting worried that Boozer gets injuried Taj can step in if we trade Taj Thomas will be our starting PF. U cant think like that u have to think postive and hope that Boozer can stay healthy and there are still good back up PF on the market than can help.

redwhitenblue
07-28-2010, 01:12 PM
x2 Bulls fans keep getting worried that Boozer gets injuried Taj can step in if we trade Taj Thomas will be our starting PF. U cant think like that u have to think postive and hope that Boozer can stay healthy and there are still good back up PF on the market than can help.
When you're front court consists of Boozer, Noah and Deng, all of whom have had injury troubles, it's smart to hold onto a solid backup who you could live with starting for a while. Thomas really isn't that guy.

It's irresponsible to trade Taj away with the front court the Bulls have.

Discr3t
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Sheeds expiring + Bib Baby for Rudy and a big?

Stunner
07-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Out of the three, and what seems to be publicly formable, Bulls have the best direct package that'll include parting ways with Taj Gibson and/or James Johnson for the career 39% three-point shooter.

Bulls are emerging as reluctant to commit to trading their best addition of 2009 in Taj Gibson, though, and it's likely to remain that way.

But Blazers GM, who has assuring reviews from recently hired Blazers assistant and former Bulls assistant, Bob Ociepka, will continue to put emphasis on acquiring Gibson from Chicago.

Yet, interminably, Rudy Fernandez wants out and Portland understands that. Not getting Gibson, and continually stalling, they may have a growing issue which will liken to persist.
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/hoop...andez-not.html

Stunner
07-28-2010, 02:04 PM
told yall they want frontcourt help not any sf or sg's.

Stunner
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Taking it further to what I've been told is that Boston is in the lead because of the future 1st has less restrictions and that Boston is probably 2-3 years away from becoming a lottery team again.

Chicago is offering their own 1st round pick which is less desirable, but Portland is asking for Chicago's rights to Charlotte's 2012 1st round pick.

New York is less desirable of all the three teams involved with New York offering a first round pick in 2014 with a slew of restrictions (making it more like 2017). Now IF New York is offering Anthony Randolph for Rudy & Jeff Pendergraph, then you are talking about a good trade.

Anyway, I was told Boston is the front runner and that it will be a three team deal with Portland getting a young PG back.

$8.65M - Rudy Fernandez & Joel Przybilla to Boston
$7.08M - Rasheed Wallace ($6.32M retiring), Tony Gaffney & 2013 1st round pick to ?
$??.??M - {young PG} to Portland
http://www.clubblazers.com/blazers-d...day-t3494.html

nolafan33
07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Take it for what it's worth, but a local reporter said after talking to Monty Williams (former Blazer assistant) this morning he'd be surprised if Rudy isn't a Hornet next season.

69centers
07-28-2010, 05:45 PM
http://celticshub.com/2010/07/28/source-cs-in-lead-position-in-rudy-fernandez-trade-talks/

Other teams interested including New York and Chicago, but the Celtics are apparently getting the first shot, thus allowing one to assume they are a preferred destination, either in terms of desirability for Rudy or trading pieces for the Blazers.

Let's do it.:clap:

Wonder what we'll be giving up though?

Mplsman
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Why? The Celtics are not a great trade partner. All they can offer is baby.

avrpatsfan
07-28-2010, 05:54 PM
And Bradly and Sheed's expiring. I don't know what else.

69centers
07-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Why? The Celtics are not a great trade partner. All they can offer is baby.

We have picks. I don't believe the Knicks have any more 1st round picks left to deal and the Bulls reportedly aren't his preferred choice due to the Brewer, Korver signings.

mets77
07-28-2010, 05:56 PM
good I don't want him on the knicks thank you boston

D Roses Bulls
07-28-2010, 05:57 PM
We have picks. I don't believe the Knicks have any more 1st round picks left to deal and the Bulls reportedly aren't his preferred choice due to the Brewer, Korver signings.

If that's true, he really doesn't have a choice. I mean all can do is go back to Europe I guess and I guess that would threaten his situation, but does he think he's going to start in bostonespecially with people ahead of him like allen and robinson?

69centers
07-28-2010, 06:02 PM
If that's true, he really doesn't have a choice. I mean all can do is go back to Europe I guess and I guess that would threaten his situation, but does he think he's going to start in bostonespecially with people ahead of him like allen and robinson?

Tony Allen was usually one of our first guys off the bench, who is no longer with the C's. He could easily step into that 6th man role and get some decent minutes. Potential to also be the SG starter in a year or two.

BKNets21
07-28-2010, 06:02 PM
I wonder what the C's will give up for him.

kozelkid
07-28-2010, 06:04 PM

Ya, cause Rudy will get a TON more playing time behind Ray Allen, Rondo and Paul Pierce. :rolleyes:

The only reason I can see Boston being ahead is because Avery Bradley is probably the best piece in this deal.

kozelkid
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Tony Allen was usually one of our first guys off the bench, who is no longer with the C's. He could easily step into that 6th man role and get some decent minutes. Potential to also be the SG starter in a year or two.

You really think Rudy is going to be intimidated by Kyle Korver and Ronnie Brewer? Cmon.

Celtic AL
07-28-2010, 06:06 PM
nice find man! man i hope the c's work out somthing! adding Fernandez & maybe Shaq could make the c's bench Even more Deadley

KmB728
07-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Trade for Rudy and sign Shaq... maybe even pick up Delonte off waivers? :drool:

what would we have to give up? i would rather hold on to Big Baby if possible

Nets fan 93
07-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Good situation with Allen getting older. future picks and cash?

Giaps
07-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I mean I'd like him on the Knicks but its obvious Portland is overvaluing him so I would not want to give up a lot...

Bill Walker, Andy Rautins and Jerome Jordan for Fernandez?

John Walls Era
07-28-2010, 06:33 PM
He would be a better fit for the Knicks and Bulls. Also I believe Rudy said he wants to start, can't see the Celtics giving him that chance.

NYtilIdie
07-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Im interested in what they give up. Daniels,Sheeds (someone said he was expiring), Bradley or Baby?

I read we won't do Rudy for Chandler straight up, we would like a pick or Bayless included which is why talks between Knicks & Blazers have stalled.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-28-2010, 06:39 PM
I hope we get Avery Bradley in return at least, I really wanted him during the draft. That way we can trade Bayless with no reservations.

smith&wesson
07-28-2010, 06:43 PM
why do the celtics want to sign the whole world ?

where would rudy get his mins ?

HookerFighter
07-28-2010, 06:54 PM
If we get Rudy and Shaq, I must say, the Heat aren't all that intimidating anymore. We would have a bench that could be a starting 5 on a team like the Wizards or Warriors. The Heat have a bench that couldn't tickle my mother with a twizzler.

Mc Lovin
07-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Ya, cause Rudy will get a TON more playing time behind Ray Allen, Rondo and Paul Pierce. :rolleyes:

The only reason I can see Boston being ahead is because Avery Bradley is probably the best piece in this deal.

Yeah but it's not just Brewer and Korver. It's Rose, Watson, and Luol Deng as well. In Boston he's the first off the bench.

Weeducatekids
07-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, as KozelKid said, I doubt Rudy was scared off my Korver/Brewer (Im still getting used to this quote business)

Rudy could probably get more starting time in Chicago then Boston being buried behind Ray, Nate, Marquis Daniels, Finley?, and rookie Bradley

blackjack_119
07-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I mean I'd like him on the Knicks but its obvious Portland is overvaluing him so I would not want to give up a lot...

Portland already has a full roster (they need to decide between Armon Johnson and Patty Mills for the 15th man.) Why on earth would they trade Rudy Fernandez for three players when only one of them (Bill Walker) could make the roster and none of them could crack the rotation.

Derick713
07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
I hope the Celtics end up looking something like this-

Rajon Rondo/Nate Robinson/Avery Bradley/
Ray Allen/Rudy Fernandez/Marquis Daniels/
Paul Pierce/Jarvis Hayes/
Kevin Garnett/Jermaine O'Neal/
Shaquille O'Neal/Kendrick Perkins/

HookerFighter
07-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I hope the Celtics end up looking something like this-

Rajon Rondo/Nate Robinson/Avery Bradley/
Ray Allen/Rudy Fernandez/Marquis Daniels/
Paul Pierce/Jarvis Hayes/
Kevin Garnett/Jermaine O'Neal/
Shaquille O'Neal/Kendrick Perkins/

That is just beautiful. However, you gota add Harangody.

redsox1520
07-28-2010, 07:14 PM

:confused:
First off, this is a trade, not a signing

Secondly, The Celtics have signed one player this offseason in Jermaine O'neal, who is average at best

So please, explain to me how the Celtics are "signing the whole world"

MrfadeawayJB
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Big Baby is expendable because of Harangody!!

magichatnumber9
07-28-2010, 07:19 PM
We better not give up Avery Bradley.

netsgiantsyanks
07-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Trade for Rudy and sign Shaq... maybe even pick up Delonte off waivers? :drool:

what would we have to give up? i would rather hold on to Big Baby if possible

and have the team worrying about if he ****ed their moms??

Kyben36
07-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Any word on what they are offering.

Hugbees
07-28-2010, 07:26 PM
takeeee himmm bostonnnnnn. any chance nate would be involved?

DRose7
07-28-2010, 07:33 PM

Lol whered u get that report from? The link posted was written by a Boston fan of course he's gonna say that about the Bulls. "Chicago may not be a preferred destination for Rudy, given their glut of newly signed swingmen (Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer)"...that author is just speculating and basing his assumption on a guess lol. Find me the report that says HE doesnt prefer going to the Chi. Besides, Blazers can give to sh*ts about where he wants to go, he aint no franchise player haha, Blazers are gonna do whats best for the team not Rudy lol. Anyway i doubt he would pass up an opportunity to start for the bulls, to get lower minutes playing for the Celts than what he had in GSW.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 07:34 PM

He takes all of TOny Allens minutes.

Maybe even more since he can akso play Sf and Pg and Ray Ray is a year older.

Its a good fit for him gets minuets, gets touches with the second rotation sicne they missed a scorer from teh bench A TON last year in the finals.

eventually takes the starters role when allen ages more or retires.

That said.

please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ill get an Aneurysma if i have to someohow feel anything that is not respectfull but UTTER hate for that team.

DRose7
07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
:confused:
First off, this is a trade, not a signing

Secondly, The Celtics have signed one player this offseason in Jermaine O'neal, who is average at best

So please, explain to me how the Celtics are "signing the whole world"

He must have mistaken ya'll for the bulls :up: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lil Rhody
07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
He would be a better fit for the Knicks and Bulls. Also I believe Rudy said he wants to start, can't see the Celtics giving him that chance.

mhhhhmmmmm lets see be a starter on a semi good team or be the sixth man on a championship caliber team mhhhhmmmm lets see

Shaddix
07-28-2010, 07:44 PM
takeeee himmm bostonnnnnn. any chance nate would be involved?

I'm pretty sure the only players on the celtics roster they can trade are Sheed, Big Baby, and Avery Bradly. Along with minor Pieces such as Harangody. But I'm not sure how that works.

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 07:52 PM
mhhhhmmmmm lets see be a starter on a semi good team or be the sixth man on a championship caliber team mhhhhmmmm lets see

and on a HIstoric Franchise, dont forget that.

We europeans are all bout tradition, soce rplayers no matter hoe bad some teams hve been certain teams in the last few years , whenever they get an offer from a n Historic big team ( real, Barcelona, Milan, Inter, Bayern, Mufc etc tc ) they will sign.

Example.

An european has the lebron decision in his hands.
Play for historic NY histori bulls or Non istoric Miamia=?
No big three for the floridians.

Lake_Show2416
07-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Portland is a smart franchise so they would want value

i can see possible trades being Rudy for Baby or Rudy for Avery(they want a PG bad)

which both seem fair for both sides

PC
07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Isn't Fernandez's main problem with the Blazers playing time? I don't get how going to Boston would change that...

DRose7
07-28-2010, 08:08 PM
and on a HIstoric Franchise, dont forget that.

We europeans are all bout tradition, soce rplayers no matter hoe bad some teams hve been certain teams in the last few years , whenever they get an offer from a n Historic big team ( real, Barcelona, Milan, Inter, Bayern, Mufc etc tc ) they will sign.

Example.

An european has the lebron decision in his hands.
Play for historic NY histori bulls or Non istoric Miamia=?
No big three for the floridians.

Okay my European friend, learn how to write English, and welcome to America and the NBA, this aint soccer or Europe. People dont really give two shyts about a teams legacy, otherwise Lebron would be a Bull -- its all about winning and having the best opportunity. And what the helll are u talking about with ur Lebron example. He did end up playing for the Non Historic Heats, and Yes there is a Big three for the Floridians lol...i dont understand what your trying to say, but it makes no sense :facepalm:

mikantsass
07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Big Baby is expendable because of Harangody!!

Gody hasnt even been on an NBA practice floor yet lol...

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Okay my European friend, learn how to write English, and welcome to America and the NBA, this aint soccer or Europe. People dont really give two shyts about a teams legacy, otherwise Lebron would be a Bull -- its all about winning and having the best opportunity. And what the helll are u talking about with ur Lebron example. He did end up playing for the Non Historic Heats, and Yes there is a Big three for the Floridians lol...i dont understand what your trying to say, but it makes no sense :facepalm:

that had he had an european mentallyty he woudl have signed for a franchise with an history Knicks or Bulss.

And you can be damm sure he could have WON with rose and boozer.

Knick_Fever
07-28-2010, 08:31 PM

Are your forgetting that this is the NBA? No way he takes a role off the bench, even to play for a contender. The guy wants to start period, he doesnt care where he goes, as long as he starts. Portland is close to being a contender and he is fighting to get out so I dont think he's worried about where he goes. I dont see him going to the celtics or knicks.

Jeff559
07-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Rudy fernandez is not good enough to start on 95% of NBA teams out there. I don't see how he thinks that getting traded will help his cause much. He had a terrible year last year, averaged like 38% from the floor, not so good for a one dimensional sg

DRose7
07-28-2010, 08:36 PM
that had he had an european mentallyty he woudl have signed for a franchise with an history Knicks or Bulss.

And you can be damm sure he could have WON with rose and boozer.

Oh aight, i got understand you now

Mishmin
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Man. That would be beautiful having a wing sixth man like fernandez, great energy guy- what the celtics will really need next year. That rondo to fernandez hook up would fit nicely as well. But celts can't write off big baby too quickly. I rate him higher than rudy even. Every chance he's had extra minutes he's taken advantage of em. If baby left, I'd like to see more coming from portland.

Jeff559
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
If we get Rudy and Shaq, I must say, the Heat aren't all that intimidating anymore. We would have a bench that could be a starting 5 on a team like the Wizards or Warriors. The Heat have a bench that couldn't tickle my mother with a twizzler.

Lol none of those guys would start on the warriors, probably not the wizards either. I wouldnt want any of the trash you have on your bench outs side of baby. An overrated whiny two guard and a washed up shaq makes miami less intimidating to you? lol. your funny

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Rudy fernandez is not good enough to start on 95% of NBA teams out there. I don't see how he thinks that getting traded will help his cause much. He had a terrible year last year, averaged like 38% from the floor, not so good for a one dimensional sg

Lol.

If they waived him the list of teams offering him a starting gig woudl not be short.

Agar81
07-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I would see it as Sheed and Picks for Rudy. If we do get him at all though, I will be ecstatic! Since I'm Spanish and he's my favorite Spanish player it just makes it even better that he would be playing for my team, not to mention the great skills and versatility he brings.

still1ballin
07-28-2010, 09:21 PM
It would be huge if the C's pick him up

cheetos185
07-28-2010, 09:29 PM
why would he go to celtics where he won't get big mins because of allen plus celtics signed n8 and celtics shouldn't trade bigman like sheed or baby after garnett and perkins whose gonna play PF/C off the bench

Hustlenomics
07-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Lol none of those guys would start on the warriors, probably not the wizards either. I wouldnt want any of the trash you have on your bench outs side of baby. An overrated whiny two guard and a washed up shaq makes miami less intimidating to you? lol. your funny

lol @ a f#cking warrior fan talking about boston ..gtfo your team sucks so bad

USMCLaker
07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Son of a _

Jeff559
07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
lol @ a f#cking warrior fan talking about boston ..gtfo your team sucks so bad
i wont argue that. still doesnt stop me from being right

unwantedplayer
07-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope it doesn't involve Bradley.

td0tsfinest
07-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Hmmm....I'd be surprised if they offered Avery Bradley. The celtics are in need for a good back up pg.

ragee
07-28-2010, 10:05 PM

Why would we want that trade? We already have too many players and I don't think project players are what we would want for Rudy... I'd take Baby if the Celtics would agree...

Hellcrooner
07-28-2010, 10:06 PM
dont discard them sending OreGON HERO nate robinson portland way.

Jeff559
07-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Lol.

If they waived him the list of teams offering him a starting gig woudl not be short.
ok 95% is an exaggeration. my bad. there are 8, maybe at the most 10 teams who are so bad at the 2 guard that rudy could start

RCarlson85
07-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure what everyone's obsession with this guy is? What has he done? He has some potential, but he's nothing better than a decent bench player. There was talk of the Heat trading Beas for him before they made the deal with MN. I'm glad that didn't work out, I wouldn't have wanted him on the Heat.

69centers
07-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Knicks don't have any 1st round picks, so they are pretty much out of the sweepstakes:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1381&line=138249&spln=1

Bulls are offering James Johnson. Wow, like that's going to get it done.

Wow, what a terd. Trying to tell the poster from Spain that you know more about Spanish players than he does.:facepalm: He was trying to say that if Lebron were a Spanish player in the NBA, he would never have gone to the Heat, but rather a bigger, historic franchise. Hence, no Big Three in Florida. Please go build some Lego and stop posting ridiculous remarks.

DRose7
07-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Knicks don't have any 1st round picks, so they are pretty much out of the sweepstakes:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1381&line=138249&spln=1

Bulls are offering James Johnson. Wow, like that's going to get it done.

Wow, what a terd. Trying to tell the poster from Spain that you know more about Spanish players than he does.:facepalm: He was trying to say that if Lebron were a Spanish player in the NBA, he would never have gone to the Heat, but rather a bigger, historic franchise. Hence, no Big Three in Florida. Please go build some Lego and stop posting ridiculous remarks.

Wow, ur an idiot for replying to this, clearly he later replied and explained himself, it was his poor grammar that made me not understand what he was writting -- as i noted in a post..d*mbass u just wasted a comment post :facepalm:, get a life, cuz ur reply was just a ridiculous as my remark :clap: good job douche :clap: good job

mynameismo
07-28-2010, 11:55 PM
If this news was a month ago, I would've ruled it out.
But since Kevin Pritchard isn't calling the shots in Portland anymore..

Hey, maybe..

blazerman
07-29-2010, 12:01 AM

We overvalue Rudy?

Look at that shyt pile you just offered for him, Bill Walker(bum) A Rautins(bum)

JJ(bum)!

kblo247
07-29-2010, 12:06 AM
They can always move Perk as well, not just Sheed.

Lets be honest Perk is more than likely going to be one of the two celtic deals to be moved because of the fact everyone knows he won't return to being fully healthy next year and a team can have his bird rights and retain him on the cheap. Plus in all honesty he, Oden, and Joel can all rehab together, allowing Portland to decide which of the 3 would be the most viable option to retain for the future and cut their losses on the other two.