PDA

View Full Version : Best game- what game will be most watched next season?

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 10:30 AM
What regular season game do you guys think will get the most ratings/most watched game in basketball? Why?

Knicks v Suns

Heat v Cavs

Bulls v Jazz

Heat v Lakers

Lakers v Celtics

Orlando v Celtics

etc...

Those were just examples, doesnt hav to be those listed and explain why you think they will be the most watched/great games.

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Depends on TV schedule but the first Miami vs. LA one in my opinion.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Depends on TV schedule but the first Miami vs. LA one in my opinion.

That seems the obvious, but i think the cavs v heat game will be insane. that game is going to have an INSANE amount of energy. If the Cavs can make it a close game, that crowd will go nuts! i know a bunch of people would watch.

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 10:48 AM
That seems the obvious, but i think the cavs v heat game will be insane. that game is going to have an INSANE amount of energy. If the Cavs can make it a close game, that crowd will go nuts! i know a bunch of people would watch.

The thing is...that game will be a hit or miss. True NBA fans will watch it because of the history LeBron holds in Cleveland. But that game isn't guaranteed to be good beyond the buildup.

However, random people who can't even name the Lakers' starters tune into their games whenever there is a buildup behind it. For that reason, I think it will get more viewers, and be a better game.

Minimal
07-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Most interesting - Heat vs Cavs
Most viewed - Heat vs Lakers

uws
07-27-2010, 10:56 AM
heat v LA will be great

heat v cavs when bron gets booed so hard he cries in cleveland will be really really great

swaddell13
07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
i cant wait to see amare come to phx

heattiltheend94
07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
1. Lakers-Heat
2. Heat-Cavs
3. Lakers-Celtics

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Detroit vs. Memphis

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Detroit vs. Memphis

:drool:

What about inter-state rivalry Heat v Magic? Remember Otis Smith, Van Gundy, Howard, and Reddick have all critized the Heat openly? You think that will get a bunch of hype? Or do you think there will be more build up with the Celts?

(sorry if im mkaing this too Heat oriented)

TheHeat3
07-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Heat vs Lakers (potential finals matchup)
Heat vs Celtics (Miami's Big Three vs Boston's Big Three and potential ECFs)
Heat vs Magic (Battle of Florida and potential ECFs)
Heat vs Bulls (They always have good games and should be interesting now that both teams got better)

Not to be a homer, but I think all of the Heat Nationally Televised games will do well. The Heat's first Nationally televised game will be the most watched of the regular season IMO. Everyone and their moms will want to see how they do together.

Outside of a Heat game, i'd like to see Thunder vs Lakers (Rematch of First Round), Knicks vs Phoenix (Amare and D'antoni go back to Phoenix), Washington vs Philly (John Wall vs Evan Turner).

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
i cant wait to see amare come to phx

You think Amare will get booed or cheered? I think that game will be fun to watch as i think both teams will be league leaders in scoring with their run and gun styles.

JARVIS123
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Heat v Lakers christmas day game.

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 11:28 AM
:drool:

What about inter-state rivalry Heat v Magic? Remember Otis Smith, Van Gundy, Howard, and Reddick have all critized the Heat openly? You think that will get a bunch of hype? Or do you think there will be more build up with the Celts?

(sorry if im mkaing this too Heat oriented)

I actually think the Florida rivalry could become a bigger in-state rivalry than the Texas' Spurs and Mavs. Especially if CP3 can find his way there.

But even if he doesn't, they're going to have 4 entertaining games this regular season.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Heat vs Lakers (potential finals matchup)
Heat vs Celtics (Miami's Big Three vs Boston's Big Three and potential ECFs)
Heat vs Magic (Battle of Florida and potential ECFs)
Heat vs Bulls (They always have good games and should be interesting now that both teams got better)

Not to be a homer, but I think all of the Heat Nationally Televised games will do well. The Heat's first Nationally televised game will be the most watched of the regular season IMO. Everyone and their moms will want to see how they do together.

Outside of a Heat game, i'd like to see Thunder vs Lakers (Rematch of First Round), Knicks vs Phoenix (Amare and D'antoni go back to Phoenix), Washington vs Philly (John Wall vs Evan Turner).

Im definatly going to watch that game. if theres any team i like aside fron the Heat, its the thunder. their a great team to watch.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:31 AM
I actually think the Florida rivalry could become a bigger in-state rivalry than the Texas' Spurs and Mavs. Especially if CP3 can find his way there.

But even if he doesn't, they're going to have 4 entertaining games this regular season.

What we really need is the Knicks and Heat to start fighting again. lol. that was the best IMO. i always looked foward to that match up.

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 11:33 AM
What we really need is the Knicks and Heat to start fighting again. lol. that was the best IMO. i always looked foward to that match up.

that rivalry made me a Knicks fan after Jordan retired. But we need to make the playoffs first...we'll form more rivalries there.

TheHeat3
07-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Im definatly going to watch that game. if theres any team i like aside fron the Heat, its the thunder. their a great team to watch.

Yeah bro, me too... they're definitely going to make a lot of noise this season.

I also want to see Bucks vs Hawks. Seeing as how the Bucks got better and the Hawks kinda just....stayed the same. Should be interesting to see how they fair against them now. Fear the Deer lol... they're a fun team to watch too.

justinnum1
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Heat-lakers
Thunder-lakers
Protland-utah
Chicago-Utah
NY-CHi
Miami-Chi
MIami-orl
Lakers-celtics
Going to be a lot of really good games this year.

mikantsass
07-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I smell either a Celtics vs Lakers or Celtics vs Heat Christmas day game

Clutch6
07-27-2010, 11:42 AM
lakers heat

king4day
07-27-2010, 11:42 AM
You think Amare will get booed or cheered? I think that game will be fun to watch as i think both teams will be league leaders in scoring with their run and gun styles.

He'll get a huge ovation. He left on good terms and seems to be the only big name free agent to take an ad out to thank his former fans.
It actually will be an incredible game.

Others for me:

Lakers/Heat
Heat/Celtics
Bulls/Heat
Bulls/Lakers

Chicago is gonna have a high 50 win season. Possibly 60. That team improve by leaps and bounds.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Thunder v Lakers will be great. this match-up will become more intense as the thunder will try to take the west. i think their top 4 this year.

Bulls v Heat (team hollywood according to Noah) i think will be the start of a new intense rivalry. theres already smoke there.

Lakers v Celts, Celts v Heat - the celtics arent going to lay down for anyone. i think were going to see an inspired season out of them, will make for great games.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:45 AM
I smell either a Celtics vs Lakers or Celtics vs Heat Christmas day game

Beat me to it. I think the same. any combo of lakers-celts-heat is going to make christmas this year.

lakers4sho
07-27-2010, 11:50 AM
I think people who are looking forward to Lakers-Heat Christmas Day matchup will be disappointed...just like last year's Lakers-Cavs matchup.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:50 AM
He'll get a huge ovation. He left on good terms and seems to be the only big name free agent to take an ad out to thank his former fans.
It actually will be an incredible game.

Others for me:

Lakers/Heat
Heat/Celtics
Bulls/Heat
Bulls/Lakers

Chicago is gonna have a high 50 win season. Possibly 60. That team improve by leaps and bounds.

As a fan pointed out (ironic as it is). The Bulls are an Easten version of the Jazz. very similar make up, in terms of Noah and Millsap, Rose and Williams, and the obvious Jazz additions. in the east that team is dangerous, lesser competion overall, plus they have deng and gibson. Will make for very good games.

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
I think people who are looking forward to Lakers-Heat Christmas Day matchup will be disappointed...just like last year's Lakers-Cavs matchup.

I thought that game was pretty good. I was impressed with Cleveland's play, and the fans throwing trash onto the floor doesn't happen every day in Staples Center. It was memorable.

mikantsass
07-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Beat me to it. I think the same. any combo of lakers-celts-heat is going to make christmas this year.

You might be able to throw Orlando into that mix too.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:53 AM

No chance bro! you cant compare those matchups and i dont mean it from a talent standpoint. the hype alone from the Heat this year will draw HUGE ratings. then you equate actual talent and it will be a very intense game. Lakers want will want to beat the live snot out of us and vice-versa as you guys are the reigning champs. HUGE game imo.

uws
07-27-2010, 11:54 AM
id actually really enjoy watching how the bulls and knicks match up. i think it'd be a good game. prolly not the most watched or w/e tho

mikantsass
07-27-2010, 11:54 AM
I thought that game was pretty good. I was impressed with Cleveland's play, and the fans throwing trash onto the floor doesn't happen every day in Staples Center. It was memorable.

Did Kobe miss that game with his thumb injury?

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 11:56 AM
You might be able to throw Orlando into that mix too.

Not for christmas, unless Heat-Orlando, Celts-Orlando develop a blood lust for eachother. Usually it'll be east v west given we only play them twice a year, more hype towards the game.

GeekInThePink
07-27-2010, 11:56 AM
any pacer game lol

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Did Kobe miss that game with his thumb injury?

No he missed the game in L.A. against Boston. He played on Christmas vs. Cleveland.

nyknygnyy09
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
im more interested in OKC vs. LAL than MIA vs LAL....

I just wanna see how the heat play in a game, could be against anyone, don't really care for the matchup. but as for matchups, we've all seen how sick a series the lakers and thunder will have this year in the West Semi's... gonna be a great one.

Since im a NYK fan, though, def. wanna tune into NYK-MIA and NYK-PHO, also NYK-GS

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 12:05 PM
id actually really enjoy watching how the bulls and knicks match up. i think it'd be a good game. prolly not the most watched or w/e tho

I think the Knicks will be sleepers, it all depends on how Felton can run your run-n-gun style of ball. if he does so effciently i think it'll make for some great games. especially against the bulls.

Heater4life
07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
im more interested in OKC vs. LAL than MIA vs LAL....

I just wanna see how the heat play in a game, could be against anyone, don't really care for the matchup. but as for matchups, we've all seen how sick a series the lakers and thunder will have this year in the West Semi's... gonna be a great one.

Since im a NYK fan, though, def. wanna tune into NYK-MIA and NYK-PHO, also NYK-GS

Im :pray: for a fight! idc! you send in your crapiest role player and we'll send ours. and let them pummle eachother. anything to revive this rivalry.

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Im :pray: for a fight! idc! you send in your crapiest role player and we'll send ours. and let them pummle eachother. anything to revive this rivalry.

We need Jeff Van Gundy though. Not sure Mike D'Antoni knows how to defend his players.

lakers4sho
07-27-2010, 12:14 PM
No chance bro! you cant compare those matchups and i dont mean it from a talent standpoint. the hype alone from the Heat this year will draw HUGE ratings. then you equate actual talent and it will be a very intense game. Lakers want will want to beat the live snot out of us and vice-versa as you guys are the reigning champs. HUGE game imo.

Nah, Phil doesn't buy into the hype.

We'd rather wait until the Finals, when it actually matters.

omdigga
07-27-2010, 12:16 PM
We need Jeff Van Gundy though. Not sure Mike D'Antoni knows how to defend his players.

cant see him hangin off boshs' leg.

uws
07-27-2010, 12:22 PM

YES! jefffffff

mikantsass
07-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Not for christmas, unless Heat-Orlando, Celts-Orlando develop a blood lust for eachother. Usually it'll be east v west given we only play them twice a year, more hype towards the game.

Last year was Boston/Orlando, Cavs/Lakers

justinnum1
07-27-2010, 12:26 PM

We can throw in Big Sexy:D

uws
07-27-2010, 12:27 PM
I think the Knicks will be sleepers, it all depends on how Felton can run your run-n-gun style of ball. if he does so effciently i think it'll make for some great games. especially against the bulls.

i think amare v boozer will be fun to watch too. I think we have more talent at the wings, and they have talent at the guard positions so it could be great to see those styles clashing and seeing how the mismatches work out as well

Russell_Roberts
07-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Early prediction LBJ will get suspended a game
heat vs cavs or bost

paypal bet?

sox_fan_35_2000
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Lakers vs. heat. I think a Bulls- Heat playoff series could be great depending on how good the defense shapes up for Chicago.

carter80
07-27-2010, 01:14 PM
i knew this thread was started by a heat fan

Da Knicks
07-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Any game having miami in it will do well and the game most viewed will be l.a. vs. miami
my fav of course will be new york vs phoenix!

jdub747
07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Bulls Vs Jazz is my first choice my second choice would be Lakers Vs Heat

Slimsim
07-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Heat vs NBA

nyknygnyy09
07-27-2010, 03:04 PM

Mozgov and Rautins vs. Ilgauskas and Arroyo... Russian and Rautins would wreck

lvis79
07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Well I'm a Bulls fan so I am biased, but I think Bulls vs. Heat would be a great game. Also Bulls vs. Celtics is one that could be a great matchup. They had that amazing playoff series a couple years ago, the Rose and Rondo matchup is always fun, and with Thibs as coach of the Bulls now it should be interesting. I love the Thunder vs. Lakers matchup also.

HoopsDrive
07-27-2010, 03:32 PM
1. Lakers-Heat
2. Heat-Cavs
3. Lakers-Celtics

x2

Also, that Pacers @ Timberwolves matchup is sick.

J_M_B
07-27-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm really looking forward to the Lakers vs Thunder..

Cavs vs Heat is overrated, in my opinion, because what if it's not a close game? Maybe Cleveland gets blown out? That wouldn't be a fun game to watch..

Purple&Gold24
07-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah pretty much what everyone is saying...
Lakers vs Heat
Cavs vs Heat (I mean if you arent an NBA fan your gunna wanna watch this) lol