PDA

View Full Version : Cavs get Sessions

Bulls_fan90
07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
According to a report Cavs will trade Sebastian Telfair & Delonte West to the T'Wolves for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, & 2013 2nd rd pick.

http://twitter.com/HoopsUpdates

kjoke
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
very nice pick up

Raidaz4Life
07-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Good move by both sides

rhaas74
07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Very good pick up for us. Basically got something out of nothing.

arkanian215
07-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Mo, Boobie and Ramon...

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 08:59 PM
i see that as a bad trade for cleveland but only time will tell

Beastley8
07-26-2010, 09:01 PM
i see that as a bad trade for cleveland but only time will tell

Not completely. They traded 2 guys that weren't going to help them for a guy that is young, has an attractive contract, and they also get a young big and a draft pick.

I love it as a Wolves fan, but see it as a good deal from the Cavs perspective too. It's a perfect deal.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 09:03 PM
very true but i dont see sessions getting much pt not sure why

mcohio
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I dig it. We needed another big and I like Sessions game.

MrfadeawayJB
07-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Sessions might go ahead and challenge Mo Williams for the starting pg position!!

Bulls_fan90
07-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Wolves could waive Delonte West, only guaranteed $500,000, to further get under the salary cap, and trade Telfair, source tells Y! Sports.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Delonte to Miami?

slynxpac
07-26-2010, 09:13 PM
nice deal for both teams..

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Wolves could waive Delonte West, only guaranteed $500,000, to further get under the salary cap, and trade Telfair, source tells Y! Sports.

Delonte to Miami?

HELL NO. we need to stay as far away from delonte as possible

Famous6
07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
sessions > lebron

xxseven72ducexx
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Delonte to Miami?

Are you serious? LeBron does not want a dude who smashed his moms following him from Cleveland to Miami, he wants Delonte to be far far away from him and Gloria, beliee dat...but this isn't really anything interesting, Minny is gonna waive Delonte so it's pretty much Hollins, Sessions and a pick for Telfair and cap space, I'd say Cleveland wins on this deal, especially cuz they got rid of Delonte in the process

still1ballin
07-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice move.

Lebrons mom moving down to Minny?

Bulls_fan90
07-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Are you serious? LeBron does not want a dude who smashed his moms following him from Cleveland to Miami, he wants Delonte to be far far away from him and Gloria, beliee dat...but this isn't really anything interesting, Minny is gonna waive Delonte so it's pretty much Hollins, Sessions and a pick for Telfair and cap space, I'd say Cleveland wins on this deal, especially cuz they got rid of Delonte in the process

I obviously wasn't serious.

Ragun
07-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Mo, Boobie and Ramon...

More Boobies Ramon? ewwwww

Chi-Town Sports
07-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Wait so now Beasly and Delonte are on the same team...LeBron's mom is going to Minny

PurpleJesus
07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
cant wait for lebrons mom to come here

Beastley8
07-26-2010, 09:36 PM
You guys do know that West and Telfair won't be suiting up for the Wolves, right?

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
This move is for cap space and to free up playing time for Flynn/Ridnour. Both Telfair and West will be cut or traded.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
(insert ******** David Kahn PG comment here)

WolvesJagsOs
I love this trade. Solid deal Wolves.

SA5195
I wanted Sessions in Toronto :sigh:

Weezy
07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Lebrons getting traded to T-wolves now.

Nice trade for both sides.

Mishmin
07-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Back to Minni Sebastian.

dodie53
07-26-2010, 09:46 PM
delonte to the knicks.
hehe

JordansBulls
07-26-2010, 09:49 PM
According to a report Cavs will trade Sebastian Telfair & Delonte West to the T'Wolves for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, & 2013 2nd rd pick.

http://twitter.com/HoopsUpdates

Good pickup

TheTakeOver24
07-26-2010, 09:51 PM
holy...
what is this?
i though minny was trying to get rid of point guards... now they trade 1 pg for two more???
do they know something the rest of the NBA doesnt?

HeaTxRipZz
07-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Good pick up I wonder who else the Cavs will try to pick up over there. They need to start filling out the starting SG and SF slots

Hawkeye15
holy...
what is this?
i though minny was trying to get rid of point guards... now they trade 1 pg for two more???

West and Telfair will be either released or moved again.
Now you know

Big Quett

So what was the point of signing Sessions last summer If your only going to trade him for expirings?

SDBearsFan
So...Delonte West and Michael Beasley on the same team...does Gloria **** them both?

HouRealCoach
07-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Sessions is SOOOOO underrated...

PurpleJesus
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
So what was the point of signing Sessions last summer If your only going to trade him for expirings?

wolves had the opportunity to upgrade at point by signing ridnour...therefore, sessions was expendable. wolves thought sessions was more valuable than what he really is, they realized they made a mistake and let him go. Much better to realize a mistake, then hold onto that mistake for 4 mill a year

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 09:56 PM

corrects the mistake...
They signed Luke, who is a far better shooter, which the Wolves lacked with Flynn/Sessions as our guards. So sign Luke, then cancel out Sessions/Hollins deal, and chuck in a 2013 2nd rounder

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 09:56 PM

The Wolves pretty much swapped Sessions for Ridnour. He just didn't fit well in our scheme for whatever reason. Ridnour is a better shooter, and should in theory be the better fit.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Sessions is SOOOOO underrated...

in certain systems, sure. But when you like PG's who can shoot and hit free throws, Sessions sucked

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 09:58 PM
i hope the wolves know what their doing. ive heard rubio may come back next season... could be interesting

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 09:59 PM
i hope the wolves know what their doing. ive heard rubio may come over next season.

That's the rumor.

dre1990
07-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Ramon has the Potential to be a star, good move by cavs and wolves.

Big Quett
07-26-2010, 10:01 PM
wolves had the opportunity to upgrade at point by signing ridnour...therefore, sessions was expendable. wolves thought sessions was more valuable than what he really is, they realized they made a mistake and let him go. Much better to realize a mistake, then hold onto that mistake for 4 mill a year

corrects the mistake...
They signed Luke, who is a far better shooter, which the Wolves lacked with Flynn/Sessions as our guards. So sign Luke, then cancel out Sessions/Hollins deal, and chuck in a 2013 2nd rounder

WOW!!!! Wolves fans saying Kahn makes mistakes? What the hell is going on? Wait im confused I thought God didnt make mistakes?:shrug:

vancitysfinest
Sebastian Telfair back in Minnesota....:clap:

does David Kahn have a fetish for pgs?

Wisdom Listens
Ramon has the Potential to be a star

Not really. He has the potential to be a solid starting PG, but he isn't star material, in my opinion.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:03 PM
WOW!!!! Wolves fans saying Kahn makes mistakes? What the hell is going on? Wait im confused I thought God didnt make mistakes?:shrug:

Don't take Wolves fans defending Kahn from extremist posters as them believing he can do no wrong. Trust me, if Kahn makes a mistake, we will admit it.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 10:03 PM

um, Sessions was obviously a mistake. He can't shoot, or hit free throws. He was the ''hottest" free agent PG available last year, Kahn signed him as insurance, everyone said too bad they missed out, blah, blah, blah. Fact is, Kahn was able to turn that mistake into something slightly more fitting for our offense. And guess what? If Ridnour is a mistake, $4 million players can be flipped like candy.
What next BQ?

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
does David Kahn have a fetish for pgs?

Read the thread, it has been explained. What's funny is the Wolves will probably go into the season with 2 PG's on their roster and there will still be idiots out there making comments about how much Kahn loves PG's.

Goalie31
07-26-2010, 10:07 PM
it just seems like nothing happened in this trade. I just dont see what it does for either team. How is Telfair or West gunna help Minny

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:07 PM
So where does Telfair & West fit on Minnesota's team?

Didn't they just dump Telfair not that long ago?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 10:08 PM

you are smart enough to understand West and Telfair's contracts, right?
Maybe not, but go take a gander.

elizur
07-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I am not sure this is what Kahn had in mind when gathering assets.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:09 PM
it just seems like nothing happened in this trade. I just dont see what it does for either team. How is Telfair or West gunna help Minny

Read.

The.

Thread.

PHX2daDEATH
So Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions must be the next Stockton-Malone tandem thats gonna bring Cleveland a championship before LeBoo wins one...

OldSchoolViking
Telfair will be traded or cut.

Cleveland...you guys got a good young pg!

Maybe this will help the discussion: (from Cleveland chat board)

The Cavs had been in talks with the Minnesota Timberwolves for Al Jefferson prior to the big man being shipped to Utah to fill in the shoes vacated by Carlos Boozer. This inquiry came not long after the team had been looking at point guard Jonny Flynn, though it appears that Chris Grant was promptly told that the second-year player was not on the market. Third time around, the Cavaliers apparently have their eyes on another Minnesota point guard, this time in the form of Ramon Sessions.

Sessions was a player who the Cavaliers had some interest in prior to him signing on for four years with the Timberwolves. But after fighting for minutes with the above mentioned Flynn in Minnesota, the 24-year-old Sessions failed to live up to expectations. After acquiring yet another point guard in Luke Ridnour earlier this offseason, it appears that Sessions is for the having.

Despite averaging a career low in assists last season, Sessions provided two very solid seasons in Milwaukee. In limited time backing up Mo Williams in 2007-08, Sessions 8.1 points and 7.5 assists per game. He would step that up to 12.4 points in 2008-09 with only one additional minute per game. Per 36 minutes for his career, Sessions has averaged 14.8 points, 6.9 assists and 1.1 steals per game. He is not a three-point shooter by any stretch, hitting only 10 three-pointers over his entire three-year career, but where he excels is pushing the ball up the floor and distributing.

For his two seasons in Milwaukee, Sessions had PER figures well above average (17.45 and 18.81, respectively), averaged a double-double (11.5 points, 11.3 assists) over the final month of his rookie campaign, and on average had each assist lead to 2.25 points. While this may be a subjective task, extrapolating these figures out to 36 minutes means that Sessions could net the Cavs over 30 points per game on his own. Sure, this is far from what LeBron James provided the team, but Mo Williams’ “worth” in the identical regard has actually been a few ticks under 30 points per game. Factor in that Williams is three years older and has a contract that is considerably larger and it is easy to see what the Cavs see in the castaway Minnesota point guard.

Big Quett
07-26-2010, 10:11 PM
So Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions must be the next Stockton-Malone tandem thats gonna bring Cleveland a championship before LeBoo wins one...
Duhhhhhhh

ldc62
07-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Was this a salary move? If so then its also good move number 2 by Kahn. Number 1 was trading Al; Im a big fan of his, but they need to start Love and they got some picks for the post-Kahn era. This is a good move since they still have like Flynn and Ridnour.

topdog
07-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Good for Cleveland - Sessions can be a dynamic starter (if he doesn't have to shoot) and the Cavs can move Ford who is a valuable trade chip.

Minny gets rid of two players it tried out but who didn't fit - no harm done. Just like last year when we took back Mark Blount, Telfair will serve either as trade bait or simply run out his contract i.e. provide cap space a year earlier than Hollins (player option) would have.

Slimsim
07-26-2010, 10:19 PM
What is Kahn doing ? Nothing he does improve the team.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Read the thread, it has been explained. What's funny is the Wolves will probably go into the season with 2 PG's on their roster and there will still be idiots out there making comments about how much Kahn loves PG's.

Thats because in his 1 1/2 years as a GM, he now has drafted/acquired 7 PG's.

Flynn
Rubio
Lawson
Calathes
Sessions
Ridnour
Telfair

Do you realize how little sense that makes? :rolleyes:

People rip the T'Wolves because he is going about the strangest rebuilding process the league may have ever seen. The most important player on the T'Wolves plays in Spain, and the only way to bring him over and make the team work around him is to move Flynn into a backup role or trade him. That was their #6 Pick in 2009. He traded their Franchise player for nothing, literally. He has compared Darko to Vlade Divac and Chris Webber and has said he is key to the core of Minnesota's future.

He had the #4 pick in the Draft to take a 6'11 C who fits his "need" for a good passing big man and he chose Wesley Johnson. A 6'7 swingman who doesn't fit in the Triangle because he can't create his own shot, and it relegates him to spot shooting which isn't his strength. Then before Johnson can even pick his number 4, Kahn acquires 4 Small Forward's for good measure.

This is not baiting. Kahn has made strange moves that make any fan who actually pays attention to things like Free Agency/Draft/Trades scratch their head and wonder "What the **** is this guy thinking?"

You & other T'Wolves fans stand beside him because you are banking on him pulling things all together one day.....whenever that day is.

Kahn is either a mad scientist or a mad hatter. Either way he will be remembered in NBA History for his tenure as T'Wolves GM.

ldc62
07-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Flynn
Rubio
Lawson
Calathes
Sessions
Ridnour
Telfair

People rip the T'Wolves because he is going about the strangest rebuilding process the league may have ever seen. The most important player on the T'Wolves plays in Spain, and the only way to bring him over and make the team work around him is to move Flynn into a backup role or trade him. That was their #6 Pick in 2009. He traded their Franchise player for nothing, literally. He has compared Darko to Vlade Divac and Chris Webber and has said he is key to the core of Minnesota's future.

He had the #4 pick in the Draft to take a 6'11 C who fits his "need" for a good passing big man and he chose Wesley Johnson. A 6'7 swingman who doesn't fit in the Triangle because he can't create his own shot, and it relegates him to spot shooting which isn't his strength. Then before Johnson can even pick his number 4, Kahn acquires 4 Small Forward's for good measure.

This is not baiting. Kahn has made strange moves that make any fan who actually pays attention to things like Free Agency/Draft/Trades scratch their head and wonder "What the **** is this guy thinking?"

You & other T'Wolves fans stand beside him because you are banking on him pulling things all together one day.....whenever that day is.

Kahn is either a mad scientist or a mad hatter.

Who was this? DeMarcus Cousins?

glorydays22
07-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Good move for the Cavs...

topdog
07-26-2010, 10:23 PM
holy...
what is this?

Ummm... West isn't a PG, homie. He's a shooting guard with a non-guaranteed contract and Telfair has an expiring contract. It's financial for the wolves.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:24 PM
you are smart enough to understand West and Telfair's contracts, right?
Maybe not, but go take a gander.

West is one of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the NBA. I know his contract isn't fully guaranteed, but Minnesota is going to make a lot of teams happy putting him on the open market.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Flynn
Rubio
Lawson
Calathes
Sessions
Ridnour
Telfair

Do you realize how little sense that makes?

Everything has it's own circumstance, and I won't waste my time explaining each and every one. He's trying to find the guy who can be our PG for the future, and this process almost always requires a little trial and error.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Who was this? DeMarcus Cousins?

Yes.

DeMarcus Cousins is one of the best passing C's to come into the NBA in awhile. Read the scouting reports. He played in the DDM, which promotes 1 on 1 matchups and doesn't revolve around passing from outside the post.

If he played in the Princeton Offense or even the Flex offense, you'd see.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:27 PM
West is one of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the NBA. I know his contract isn't fully guaranteed, but Minnesota is going to make a lot of teams happy putting him on the open market.

This is why I am sure they will attempt to trade him before cutting him as there are probably interested parties out there, even despite his personal problems.

Hawkeye15

Flynn
Rubio
Lawson
Calathes
Sessions
Ridnour
Telfair

Kahn is either a mad scientist or a mad hatter. Either way he will be remembered in NBA History for his tenure as T'Wolves GM.

Telfair was a McHale deal
Rubio is overseas. Sessions just got moved to clear space for Luke. Lawson is now Webster.

Not sure how many times PSD has to post how many PG's the Wolves have drafted, before they finally fkin get we have 2 PG's. 2. 2. 2. 2. 2. 2. Is it settling in yet?
Nobody is denying that Kahn has made a lot of wait and see moves. The fact that you, or anyone, makes claims against a roster averaging 22 years old, as horrible decisions outright, is overkill. Period.
Everyone in the Wolves forum is aware of your hatred for Kahn. And as I keep saying, Kahn is either smarter than everyone, or he just thinks he is.
We are all hoping the first part of that statement is true.

Tmath
expect mo to get traded at some point this season

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 10:28 PM

not sure how you rate defenders, but not really dude.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Everything has it's own circumstance, and I won't waste my time explaining each and every one. He's trying to find the guy who can be our PG for the future, and this process almost always requires a little trial and error.

Dont explain it to me, you believe your own version of what you see. You telling me Kahn is not making questionable moves, is like my drug dealer telling me that meth is bad for my health.

If Kahn leads this team nowhere, you're going to look back on these posts and :facepalm:.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:32 PM
This is why I am sure they will attempt to trade him before cutting him as there are probably interested parties out there, even despite his personal problems.

Teams aren't going to trade for West because they know Cleveland & now Minnesota has to waive him by August 5 to clear immediate cap space.

idrinkpepsi
07-26-2010, 10:32 PM
good move for the Cavs

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Telfair was a McHale deal
Rubio is overseas. Sessions just got moved to clear space for Luke. Lawson is now Webster.

Not sure how many times PSD has to post how many PG's the Wolves have drafted, before they finally fkin get we have 2 PG's. 2. 2. 2. 2. 2. 2. Is it settling in yet?
Nobody is denying that Kahn has made a lot of wait and see moves. The fact that you, or anyone, makes claims against a roster averaging 22 years old, as horrible decisions outright, is overkill. Period.
Everyone in the Wolves forum is aware of your hatred for Kahn. And as I keep saying, Kahn is either smarter than everyone, or he just thinks he is.
We are all hoping the first part of that statement is true.

They just re-acquired Telfair. Lawson & Babbitt is now Webster.

I don't care what the Wolves forum thinks about me. You & the rest of them can make an O face for me.

topdog
07-26-2010, 10:36 PM

Flynn
Rubio
Lawson
Calathes
Sessions
Ridnour
Telfair

What do you expect a guy to do with so many picks in a PG-heavy draft? Draft Hill and Hansborough?!

Kahn works via assets - get something valuable but superfluous now to get something valuable that we need later.

Lawson got us Martell Webster (and out of Gomes' contract)
Calathes got us a future 2nd rounder
Telfair got us cap last year and will do it again next year
Sessions filled the role of backup pg last year and simply has been replaced
Ridnour is a better fitting player for our system and simply replaced Sessions
Flynn was a guarantee. We needed someone to play point in the interim and
he will either be a backup or have nice value (see Indy, Cavs) next year
Rubio is a phenom we traded another pg Randy Foye for. Jury is out.

And yes we got a bunch of guys listed as SF this year. Truth is there is a thin line between SG and SF largely related to footspeed on defense. They both are wings and barely any "true" SGs are roaming around the league. We had practically no wings last year, now we have 4 or 5 guys who can play the 2 and 3 either immediately or with some work on ballhandling and lateral speed.

Finally, there is Cousins. He certainly is talented and intriguing but no one knows if he is games 1-3 summerleaguer or games 4-5. Johnson is not just a spot up shooter (though his handle does need some work), you need to watch some more film. And, Darko worked well for us at the end of last year. His skills are worth an investment.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Dont explain it to me, you believe your own version of what you see.

It's not my own version, it's reality. Rubio is overseas, and Flynn was drafted as insurance for Rubio's buyout situation. Sessions was signed to backup Flynn, but that didn't work out. Enter Ridnour. Lawson was drafted and traded to Denver for a 1st round pick, we never had any intention of him playing for us. Calathes was a second round pick who may never play for us, and Telfair was McHales acquisition, not Kahn's.

Like I said, everything had it's own circumstance.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:39 PM
What do you expect a guy to do with so many picks in a PG-heavy draft? Draft Hill and Hansborough?!

Kahn works via assets - get something valuable but superfluous now to get something valuable that we need later.

Lawson got us Martell Webster (and out of Gomes' contract)
Calathes got us a future 2nd rounder
Telfair got us cap last year and will do it again next year
Sessions filled the role of backup pg last year and simply has been replaced
Ridnour is a better fitting player for our system and simply replaced Sessions
Flynn was a guarantee. We needed someone to play point in the interim and
he will either be a backup or have nice value (see Indy, Cavs) next year
Rubio is a phenom we traded another pg Randy Foye for. Jury is out.

And yes we got a bunch of guys listed as SF this year. Truth is there is a thin line between SG and SF largely related to footspeed on defense. They both are wings and barely any "true" SGs are roaming around the league. We had practically no wings last year, now we have 4 or 5 guys who can play the 2 and 3 either immediately or with some work on ballhandling and lateral speed.

Finally, there is Cousins. He certainly is talented and intriguing but no one knows if he is games 1-3 summerleaguer or games 4-5. Johnson is not just a spot up shooter (though his handle does need some work), you need to watch some more film. And, Darko worked well for us at the end of last year. His skills are worth an investment.

tl;dr :laugh2:

Johnson gets relegated to a spot shooter if he can't play on the ball in the triangle. I know hes not a spot shooter, hes an athletic wing meant for an uptempo offense, not running motions to spot up in the corner.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:40 PM
It's not my own version, it's reality. Rubio is overseas, and Flynn was drafted as insurance for Rubio's buyout situation. Sessions was signed to backup Flynn, but that didn't work out. Enter Ridnour. Lawson was drafted and traded to Denver for a 1st round pick, we never had any intention of him playing for us. Calathes was a second round pick who may never play for us, and Telfair was McHales acquisition, not Kahn's.

Like I said, everything had it's own circumstance.

Im not reading this. Keep drinking the Kahn-Aid.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:41 PM
not sure how you rate defenders, but not really dude.

And that goes to show..........

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:41 PM
They just re-acquired Telfair.

Telfair and West will never put on a Wolves jersey. You have no argument here.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Im not reading this. Keep drinking the Kahn-Aid.

:facepalm:

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Telfair and West will never put on a Wolves jersey. You have no argument here.
:laugh2:

Neither did Lawson & Calathes.

Whats your point?

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:43 PM
:facepalm:

:( Touch your nose.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 10:43 PM
They just re-acquired Telfair. Lawson & Babbitt is now Webster.

I don't care what the Wolves forum thinks about me. You & the rest of them can make an O face for me.

nah, pretty aware of the moves.
And of course you don't care, or you would be posting differently. I am a rational fan, and believe me, none of us in the Wolves forum are riding Kahn. We are all waiting to see what these decisions he has made turn into. But we are more talented, younger, and more financially flexible going forward. And we have more 1st round picks.
So, I am not sure how you would rebuild a team, but in all honesty, I am not really interested

dwadefan03
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
whats so bad about delonte west. i always though he was pretty good. He's a good shooter, hes a very good defensively, he can play both guard spots and he can also drive to the hoop. Why doesnt anyone want him?

yknow if he hadnt done the whole thing with lebrons mom i woulda liked to have had him in MIami

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM

Neither did Lawson & Calathes.

Whats your point?

The same point that is flying completely over your head. Moving on....

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
rowe, your post about all the PG crap states your awareness of the Wolves and their situation. You ignore how those moves were flipped. The Wolves will be $20 million under the cap at this point. With a roster of young, talented 21 year olds, and the best prospect in Europe.
Move on dude. You continue to fight a losing battle

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 10:48 PM
And that goes to show..........

please provide evidence on West's elite defensive ability, or drop it. Cause I will crap on whatever you say in regards to this. West was masked by swarming LeBron being used as a free safety, and the best rebounding team in the last few years. He had paint protection, bigs behind him with high charge take rates, and LeBron swarming, on top of refs favorable calls for a defensive team.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:50 PM
The same point that is flying completely over your head. Moving on....

Nope.

I am the one who made the point, you responded, thus you're responding to the point I made. You didn't understand.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
please provide evidence on West's elite defensive ability, or drop it. Cause I will crap on whatever you say in regards to this. West was masked by swarming LeBron being used as a free safety, and the best rebounding team in the last few years. He had paint protection, bigs behind him with high charge take rates, and LeBron swarming, on top of refs favorable calls for a defensive team.

Im not going to explain. I dont have to. :laugh2:

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 10:52 PM
rowe, your post about all the PG crap states your awareness of the Wolves and their situation. You ignore how those moves were flipped. The Wolves will be $20 million under the cap at this point. With a roster of young, talented 21 year olds, and the best prospect in Europe.
Move on dude. You continue to fight a losing battle

Thanks. I love Minnesota's future. Kahn has assembled the makings of a very talented basketball team that will be a threat in the future.

USMCLaker
07-26-2010, 10:53 PM

Lebron James may not want it but his mom might put him in timeout if he doesn't.

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Nope.

I am the one who made the point, you responded, thus you're responding to the point I made. You didn't understand.

I understand completely, trust me. This move was made purely for cap space, yet you want to turn it into a Kahn PG love-fest discussion because the players in question which the Wolves are going to be releasing anyways happen to be PG's. There are similar examples for every PG drafted or signed since Kahn came here to prove there is no love affair going on here, just trial and error/moving and dealing.

You know, arguing doesn't solve anything. Nobody learns anything or is enlightened in any way. It seems pretty apparent your only intention here is to spew your opinion, and when someone offers a counterpoint, to not read it (e.g. "tl;dr" and "I'm not reading this") and spew your opinion some more. Very counter-productive, and a waste of everyone's time, including yours. Back to the kids table for you.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:00 PM
I understand completely, trust me. This move was made purely for cap space, yet you want to turn it into a Kahn PG love-fest discussion because the players in question which the Wolves are going to be releasing anyways happen to be PG's. There are similar examples for every PG drafted or signed since Kahn came here to prove there is no love affair going on here, just trial and error/moving and dealing.

You know, arguing doesn't solve anything. Nobody learns anything or is enlightened in any way. It seems pretty apparent your only intention here is to spew your opinion, and when someone offers a counterpoint, to not read it (e.g. "tl;dr" and "I'm not reading this") and spew your opinion some more. Very counter-productive, and a waste of everyone's time, including yours. Back to the kids table for you.

Honestly, your post offers a very valid point in response to the one I posed. You're a great poster who is trying to do his best to promote productive conversation regarding this article. Im not trying to be a douche to you, just trying to understand the moves T'Wolves management has made. I commend you, Wisdom Listens. :clap: Just kidding suck my ***.

topdog
07-26-2010, 11:01 PM
tl;dr :laugh2:

Only as long as yours. It's called a rebuttal, but that doesn't mean you're supposed to be an ***.

Lake_Show2416
07-26-2010, 11:04 PM
i really wanted to get Delonte for my Lakers cuz of the whole Lebron thing.

but a small good trade for the Cavs, Hollins is a nice young player and Sessions is a real pg for basically nothing

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Only as long as yours. It's called a rebuttal, but that doesn't mean you're supposed to be an ***.

You're 100% right. I apologize, I plan to take time out of my day to read your post and plenish my brain with the information you've provided. I've seen that you took a lot of time and effort into making that post. I really a clueless about the T'Wolves and their future.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:07 PM
i really wanted to get Delonte for my Lakers cuz of the whole Lebron thing.

but a small good trade for the Cavs, Hollins is a nice young player and Sessions is a real pg for basically nothing

You will get West once he gets waived soon.

Trouble87
07-26-2010, 11:08 PM
2 PG's for a PG and C

wtf are the Timberwolves doing

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:08 PM
You're 100% right. I apologize, I plan to take time out of my day to read your post and plenish my brain with the information you've provided. I've seen that you took a lot of time and effort into making that post. I really a clueless about the T'Wolves and their future.

in theory, didn't the Wolves just trade two backups from a 15 win team, for an unguaranteed deal of a playoff starter, and a backup PG with an expiring?
hmm, please explain how that is a bad deal for either side. I am holding my breath on your response.

Sadds The Gr8
07-26-2010, 11:10 PM
good pickup. im one of the few that thinks sessions can be a good PG.

thekmp211
07-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Not really. He has the potential to be a solid starting PG, but he isn't star material, in my opinion.

all i know is that he is a better pure point guard than mo "pippen" williams

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:11 PM
in theory, didn't the wolves just trade two backups from a 15 win team, for an unguaranteed deal of a playoff starter, and a backup pg with an expiring?
Hmm, please explain how that is a bad deal for either side. I am holding my breath on your response.

Yeyin mənim xoruz yağ boy

JerseysFinest
07-26-2010, 11:13 PM
steal for cavs

topdog
07-26-2010, 11:14 PM

You're about as bi-polar as Delonte West! Wait. Delonte...? Is that you? jk

Nah, it's all cool.

Wisdom Listens
I think you may have some kind of split personality disorder ROWE. Might want to get that noodle checked.

R_O_W_E
You're about as bi-polar as Delonte West! Wait. Delonte...? Is that you? jk

Nah, it's all cool. And no, I am not David Kahn's wife in case that thought came up... :p

Ik maakte maar een grapje mijn pik zuigen

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Yeyin mənim xoruz yağ boy

mmmm, not good enough. Try again evaluating this trade.
Oh wait, you can't. You will bring up historical things about Kahn that bother you, totally ignoring the following moves.
I am getting very familiar with your posting techniques, and I haven't even opened up yet.
Go away on the Wolves, before you get crapped on

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:16 PM
i think you may some kind of split personality disorder rowe. Might want to get that noodle checked.

Вы идиот сосать мою задницу

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Ik maakte maar een grapje mijn pik zuigen

haha, I will give you this. You are entertaining

AddiX
I don't think anyone thinks this is a bad deal for EITHER team.

But it does go to show that Minny doesn't know wtf they are doing. Who the hell are they saving up for? wtf kind of system is this team running.

You can defend it all you want, but every move they have made is looking completely pointless. There is no plan and there never has been.

R_O_W_E
mmmm, not good enough. Try again evaluating this trade.
Oh wait, you can't. You will bring up historical things about Kahn that bother you, totally ignoring the following moves.
I am getting very familiar with your posting techniques, and I haven't even opened up yet.
Go away on the Wolves, before you get crapped on

:laugh2: I love you too.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:18 PM
google translate is fun, isn't it?

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:18 PM
haha, I will give you this. You are entertaining

Tixtieq divertiment Let me stick vit tiegħi fl-ommijiet tiegħek ħalq

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
:laugh2: I love you too.

this is the time to melt away bro. You have been working towards it

bahama0811
07-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Good move for the both sides.

thekmp211
now now boys, behave

kjoke
lol i sorta understood ur dutch

R_O_W_E
google translate is fun, isn't it?

You'd be surprised.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:22 PM
this is the time to melt away bro. You have been working towards it

What? No need for insults.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:23 PM
What? No need for insults.

where did I insult you? Would you like to close out google translator and talk bball again?

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:24 PM
lol i sorta understood ur dutch

Then you know what I was trying to say. :D

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:29 PM
where did I insult you? Would you like to close out google translator and talk bball again?

No. You're going off topic.

The original topic relates to how you can mənim xoruz sormaq. Now if we want to get into specifics related to what I think about David Kahn and his trades you can scroll down.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:34 PM
No. You're going off topic.

The original topic relates to how you can mənim xoruz sormaq. Now if we want to get into specifics related to what I think about David Kahn and his trades you can scroll down.

nah, I posted the trade
Cleveland just got two backups from a 15 win team with guaranteed deals, and a 2nd round pick in 3 years from now.
The Wolves just got a valuable playoff player, who an be moved in the next few weeks as an unguaranteed deal or cut for a $20 million cap space effect, and Telfair, who will probably be cut.
Soooooooo, what were we talking about again?

netsgiantsyanks
07-26-2010, 11:34 PM
HAHA delonte west and michael beasley on the same team. minnesota, you better watch ya momma's!!!!

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:37 PM
nah, I posted the trade
Cleveland just got two backups from a 15 win team with guaranteed deals, and a 2nd round pick in 3 years from now.
The Wolves just got a valuable playoff player, who an be moved in the next few weeks as an unguaranteed deal or cut for a $20 million cap space effect, and Telfair, who will probably be cut.
Soooooooo, what were we talking about again?

I said my part awhile ago. I am not your friend, you dont need to be wasting your time trying to talk to me online because you disagree with what I said. I thought you would've got the memo a 30-40 minutes ago. Jeez. :pity:

tcman2007
07-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Kahn's deals are like a Chinese box. One leads to another which leads to another which leads to another. You've got to wait to see what he does with the flexibility before you grade the trade.

tcman2007
07-26-2010, 11:46 PM

Yeah, and he's also bi-polar. We're not setting out to become the All-Dysfunctional team.

tcman2007
07-26-2010, 11:47 PM
HAHA delonte west and michael beasley on the same team. minnesota, you better watch ya momma's!!!!

What, has Michael Beasley had sex with your mom? I thought Kahn said he just "smoked too much marijuana."

tcman2007
07-26-2010, 11:48 PM
^Your mom isn't named Mary Juana, is she?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 11:48 PM
I said my part awhile ago. I am not your friend, you dont need to be wasting your time trying to talk to me online because you disagree with what I said. I thought you would've got the memo a 30-40 minutes ago. Jeez. :pity:

are any of us friends? I thought we came here to discuss basketball. If you would prefer not to, due to being out of your element, then no sweat. But don't pretend to know as much about the Wolves specifically, as I do, as you have done all summer.
And in an overall bball conversation, I am down with talking to you, though I am confident you will just end up going away.
Again, present something of substance. I am sick of the back and forth. Tell me WHY Kahn is such an idiot, and you have him on your dartboard

Hype
07-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Dude, this is obviously to ditch payroll. What are they doing? They're saving for the future, Rubio - a trade for Jason Richardson, whatever. Point is why keep weak Sessions and Hollins when you don't have to? This argument is really odd, a last place team consistently betters itself in the offseason and they get non-stop ridicule? Why? Al Jefferson got us 15 wins, that's why he was traded.

tcman2007
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Nice move.

Lebrons mom moving down to Minny?

Well, it is cold in MN, but maybe West can keep her warm.

tcman2007
07-26-2010, 11:57 PM

God obviously makes mistakes. Go look in the mirror.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 11:57 PM
are any of us friends? I thought we came here to discuss basketball. If you would prefer not to, due to being out of your element, then no sweat. But don't pretend to know as much about the Wolves specifically, as I do, as you have done all summer.
And in an overall bball conversation, I am down with talking to you, though I am confident you will just end up going away.
Again, present something of substance. I am sick of the back and forth. Tell me WHY Kahn is such an idiot, and you have him on your dartboard

You're a funny guy. You really need to relax. You're taking comments too seriously, its evident.

zambo4president
07-26-2010, 11:58 PM
I guess I like this for the Cavs. Kind of a wash though. Sessions is the best player in the deal.

RenegadeRiot36
07-27-2010, 12:00 AM

OOOOOOOOOO :cheers: nice:clap:

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm just trying to figure out what the big hullaballoo is about here.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:01 AM
God obviously makes mistakes. Go look in the mirror.
:rimshot:

Well, it is cold in MN, but maybe West can keep her warm.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:03 AM
i'm just trying to figure out what the big hullaballoo is about here.

ok.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Yes, I can be the Don Rickles of PSD.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:04 AM
ok.

What I'm trying to say is, is that I don't know what you guys are arguing about.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Yes, I can be the Don Rickles of PSD.

I enjoyed it.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:08 AM
I can tell.

SugeKnight
07-27-2010, 12:08 AM
sessions > lebron

Dan Gilbert was right. The cavs are going to win a championship before LeBron now that they have Sessions leading the way.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:09 AM
What I'm trying to say is, is that I don't know what you guys are arguing about.

Im not a woman, I dont argue. I say my part, then watch as others get mad at it and can't let it go.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:10 AM
I can tell.

I was just kidding.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:11 AM
^You're not very good at sensing sarcasm are ya?

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Im not a woman, I dont argue. I say my part, then watch as others get mad at it and can't let it go.

God-damn. You don't catch on very quickly, do you? Okay... what was your "part"?

R_O_W_E
^You're not very good at sensing sarcasm are ya?

I was being sarcastic. :confused:

doyerfan59
R_O_W_E read PMs ;)

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:14 AM
^Now I can see why Hawk bolted. You're not interested in talking BBall, you're only interested in ****ing around.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:16 AM
God-damn. You don't catch on very quickly, do you? Okay... what was your "part"?

First you have to go back several pages through the attempts at discussion that took place over the comments made. Once you get to page 9 you should see some quotes related to the comments. Then if you go back one more page you should see where you can scroll down and suck my dick.

thekmp211
might be time to close the biotch up

tcman2007
^I did already. It was an argument about nothing. It was like reading a "Seinfeld" script.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:17 AM
^Now I can see why Hawk bolted. You're not interested in talking BBall, you're only interested in ****ing around.

Thanks.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
First you have to go back several pages through the attempts at discussion that took place over the comments made. Once you get to page 9 you should see some quotes related to the comments. Then if you go back one more page you should see where you can scroll down and suck my dick.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I like the *****, not the ****. If you want to engage in homo-erotic fantasies on your own time, then do so. I'm pretty sure PSD is about talking sports.

R_O_W_E
^I did already. It was an argument about nothing. It was like reading a "Seinfeld" script.

tcman2007
Thanks.

Anytime.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but I like the *****, not the ****. If you want to engage in homo-erotic fantasies on your own time, then do so. I'm pretty sure PSD is about talking sports.

I said the first sentence to your mom. She didn't have a problem with it.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:20 AM

Well, I guess that about does it. Doesn't seem like you have anything to say.

R_O_W_E
Well, I guess that about does it. Doesn't seem like you have anything to say.

Go to bed.

tcman2007
I said the first sentence to your mom. She didn't have a problem with it.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Go to bed.

Naw.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:22 AM

I had to get that in.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:23 AM
I had to get that in.

Wait, now that's the sentence I used on YOUR mom. She didn't have a problem with it, btw.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Naw.

I understand. You want to talk bball with strangers online. OK. This isn't the thread to do it.

JiffyMix88
07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
bout time the cavs did something beside ***** and whine

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Wait, now that's the sentence I used on YOUR mom. She didn't have a problem with it, btw.

I said the same to your dad.

lolwut?

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:25 AM
I understand. You want to talk bball with strangers online. OK. This isn't the thread to do it.

Ummm... not sure what planet you're on, but this is the Sessions thread. That means it's about basketball. And it's with strangers. If you want a gay/non-stranger thing, I suggest you just go to one of your family reunions.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:27 AM
^I'm sure uncle Cletus is growing a little chubby for ya. That should make ya happy.

thekmp211
07-27-2010, 12:28 AM
matt garza

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Ummm... not sure what planet you're on, but this is the Sessions thread. That means it's about basketball. And it's with strangers. If you want a gay/non-stranger thing, I suggest you just go to one of your family reunions.

You're right its a thread about Sessions.

Now do you want to know about the sessions I've been having with your mom?

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:29 AM
^Ummm... not sure that's possible. We're not related.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:30 AM
^I'm sure uncle Cletus is growing a little chubby for ya. That should make ya happy.

Good. That way he can plug your moms anus, so I dont have to use my thumb.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:30 AM
^Ummm... not sure that's possible. We're not related.

Thats why your mom gives me a stranger.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm pretty sure you stick to the "why roam when you can get it at home" mantra.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm pretty sure you stick to the "why roam when you can get it at home" mantra.

Thats how you were conceived.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Good. That way he can plug your moms anus, so I dont have to use my thumb.

Yeah. His thumb is free, hence it's available to jam up your butt-hole. You're always one step ahead of things.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Thats how you were conceived.

Naw, I'm pretty sure I'm not your son.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah. His thumb is free, hence it's available to jam up your butt-hole. You're always one step ahead of things.

Not possible. He has his fist in your sisters vagina.

Walk down the hallway and see one day.

R_O_W_E
07-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Naw, I'm pretty sure I'm not your son.

Of course not. Boys dont have a *****.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:41 AM
^What a shame for you. Then you could never live out your #1 wet-dream in getting a straight "man" like me.

Wisdom Listens
07-27-2010, 12:42 AM
This thread has been highjacked and it is ****ed. Close it.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:43 AM
^Even if you had a boy-gina, I'd not touch it with a 50-ft. dildo. Let me re-phrase that. I'd not borrow the 50-ft. dildo from your mom to touch your stinky, hairy vaj.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:43 AM
this thread has been highjacked and it is ****ed. Close it.

lol.

XxigglesphanxX
07-27-2010, 12:46 AM
wow how is this not closed yet???

Stunner
07-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Pg now trade Mo for a SG OR SF. Mo Williams and a pick for Rudy and Batum or Babbit.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I don't know. I thought they would've closed it like a half-hour ago.

Wisdom Listens
07-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Вы идиот сосать мою задницу

Haha, I can't believe I actually translated that.

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:55 AM
It's Russian, I assume. What does it say?

Wisdom Listens
07-27-2010, 12:56 AM
It's Russian, I assume. What does it say?

Something not nice.

show34
07-27-2010, 12:56 AM
hes gonna get pt since d west and telfair gone should be a nice pickup for them

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Something not nice.

Makes sense.

blastmasta26
07-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Wow, this thread is really :offtopic: :hide:

tcman2007
07-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Well, he didn't want to talk basketball. Sorry for that right there.

SugeKnight
07-27-2010, 02:14 AM
14 pages of nothingness

John Walls Era
07-27-2010, 03:30 AM
The Timberwolves will waive guard Delonte West, who they acquired in a trade with the Cavaliers on Monday night, according to sources.

Read more: http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/68373/20100726/minnesota_plans_to_waive_west/#ixzz0urjDnzi8

So was this trade just for salary purposes?

Mplsman
07-27-2010, 03:58 AM
yes.

The Raven
07-27-2010, 04:22 AM
sweet

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 08:26 AM
oh boy...Deltonte West and Mike Beasley together. Who knows what those PG County Maryland dudes are going to do in Minny?

But good move for the Cavs; are they still looking to move Mo Williams?

Hawkeye15
07-27-2010, 08:34 AM
oh boy...Deltonte West and Mike Beasley together. Who knows what those PG County Maryland dudes are going to do in Minny?

But good move for the Cavs; are they still looking to move Mo Williams?

West will either be moved before Aug 5, or his contract will be cut, forcing the Wolves to pay $500,000 of his $4.7 million. Delonte will never wear a Wolves uniform. Neither will Telfair.

JordansBulls
07-27-2010, 08:46 AM
This thread has gotten out of hand.