PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson On Trade: It's Like Going From Toyota To Bentley

JordansBulls
07-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiiTfKgegwte.4aShp6.Tpq8vLYF?slug=mc-jeffersonjazz072610)

"Minneapolis is my home away from home. I respect the fans that have supported me through the good and the bad ... but when I told people I played for Minnesota, some people didn't even know they had a team. Everybody knows about Utah. Everyone knows the Utah Jazz.

"I go from being in a Toyota to a Bentley. It's a beautiful thing."

Gators123
07-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Ouch.

jimbobjarree
07-26-2010, 08:16 PM
hell yeah big Al!

ldc62
07-26-2010, 08:16 PM
And remember people... hes going to UTAH.

tdunk21
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
y dont these guys learn to shut up

lakers4sho
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Wait...Utah has a team???

Mochalman
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
europe league better than minnesota

Punkindrublic03
07-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Big Al already reppin the Jazz!!!!!

Love it

Chacarron
07-26-2010, 08:22 PM
New Orleans Jazz?

GeekInThePink
07-26-2010, 08:23 PM
...Utah... Jazz.... ?

Silent
07-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Lmao

Goalie31
07-26-2010, 08:25 PM

hahaha true

SouthSideRookie
07-26-2010, 08:26 PM
LOL, wow yeah and hes going to Utah, now thats bad!

Trouble87
Toyota to a Bentley... if someone on this site said that about a trade it might be considered baiting

what a smack in the face to the T-Wolves

I don't even like the Wolves but what a disrespectful thing to say about your former teams city

Rivera
lmao going from minnesota to utah is going from a toyota to a bentley lmao

more like going from a 1994 geo prizm to a 1994 toyota corolla

Jeff559
07-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Utah=bentley? lol

PurpleJesus
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
europe league better than minnesota

and the wolves own all those europeans

Jack Daniels
07-26-2010, 08:29 PM

Wow haven't heard that one in at least a decade :)

ink
07-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow. Some of these NBA stars make hockey players seem like brain surgeons.

lakers4sho
07-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Imagine if he gets traded to the Lakers.

Ray_R
07-26-2010, 08:32 PM

No, there just humble.

MrfadeawayJB
07-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Is it just me, or is Utah like a more mountainous version of Minnesotta!!!

Beltrans Mole
07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
While Utah isn't the best destination for a player, the Jazz organization itself is very well-run. They have some impressive winning streaks and are consistently in the playoffs every year....great coach and a good core.

SouthSideRookie
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM

I can recall the year Barkley played with the Rockets and they were in Utah for a playoff game, in a radio interview they asked Barkley what does he do during the day before a playoff game, so he said that in Utah he takes a book, cause thats the only time he has a chance to read since there is nothing to do in Utah, usually the others just catch up on their sleep lol

LeWade>Kobe
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM

LOL my boy used to drive a geo prizm that is a gay as- whip he backed it into a tree then his pops totaled it hahahaha after that he got an escalade though so the comparison stops here

jimbobjarree
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
yes I'm pretty sure he's referring to the organisation, which is well run and only suffered 1 losing season in the last forever. For once, he's not refering to the location, which is a breath of fresh air, but you retards seem to think thats all these players care about these days. Which city they live in.

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
lol...that's funny.

drew_ellis_23
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
While Utah isn't the best destination for a player, the Jazz organization itself is very well-run. They have some impressive winning streaks and are consistently in the playoffs every year....great coach and a good core.

Took the words out of my mouth. Jazz arent that far from being back in the top 3 of the West. Young enough to be around for a while too. Sloan is a great coach, and this is a good franchise. T Wolves are one of the worst run teams in the NBA. Thanks for B. Roy LOL

drew_ellis_23
07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
yes I'm pretty sure he's referring to the organisation, which is well run and only suffered 1 losing season in the last forever. For once, he's not refering to the location, which is a breath of fresh air, but you retards seem to think thats all these players care about these days. Which city they live in.

Nope only Lebron LOL. "Winning titles?" My arse

Beastley8
07-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Toyota to a Bentley... if someone on this site said that about a trade it might be considered baiting

what a smack in the face to the T-Wolves

I don't even like the Wolves but what a disrespectful thing to say about your former teams city

He can say what he wants.. He owes nothing to us. Kind of silly referring Utah to a Bentley when they haven't won anything, but whatever, glad we got rid of the black hole, to be honest.

Not really a slap in the face, either. A 15 win team to a playoff team... Sounds about right.

I also don't see Jefferson putting Utah over the top like many others apparently believe. After this coming season, I think he could be regarded one of the most overrated players in the game.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
More like an old rusty tricycle to a skateboard with 3 wheels. Maybe he plans on getting more than 1 wife :shrug:.

Bucsfan
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
smome of you people are ********...when he talks about going from toyota to bentley he is talking about the jazz....not utah as a state

lots of you people that bash utah probably have never been there...its alot different than people think

SouthSideRookie
07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
He is overrated, no doubt

Purple&Gold24
07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
New Orleans Jazz?

haha :laugh:

LeWade>Kobe
07-26-2010, 08:47 PM
smome of you people are ********...when he talks about going from toyota to bentley he is talking about the jazz....not utah as a state

lots of you people that bash utah probably have never been there...its alot different than people think

No it's not!!! What are you talking about? The most beautiful part of Utah is the mountains behind the city of Salt Lake City. Anywhere after those mountains is desolate sh-- pretty much I have seen it all and after seeing it all I chose never to "see" it again by closing my eyes during that part of a drive lol

bringinwood
07-26-2010, 08:48 PM

I like Utah :shrug:

Rivera
Wow haven't heard that one in at least a decade :)

im actually surprised lol mayb its a mass/ghetto thing but i know at least 15 to 20 ppl wit those geo prizims lol

td0tsfinest

Joe Juneau's a rocket scientist :D

He's been on the bottom of the standings for pretty much most of his career, so this is kinda of big change for him. He went from a team that was rebuilding to a team thats trying to compete.

Bucsfan
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=active&biw=986&bih=554&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=utah+salt+flats&aq=1&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=utah+sal&gs_rfai=

Utah actually makes me sick. I have driven from California to Illinois/New York 6 times in my life. Utah and Nevada are part of every trip and every trip I force myself to sleep. There are mormons galore and they don't accept weed, alcohol, premarital sex or even caffeine. How can you live in the most desolate place in the US and give up everything that's fun? now that is beyond me.

so on the drive through utah you saw all those things?

your so ignorant its hilarious

utah has alcohol everywhere....weed isnt technically legal anywhere in the us

i lived in utah most my life....90% of my friends had sex many years before marriage

your seriously a ****** if you believe all the stereotypes

and btw polygamist mostly live in arizona and texas...another wrong stereotype

lakers4sho
07-26-2010, 08:51 PM
haha :laugh:

That was an actual team bro. That's where the team was from, hence "Jazz".

Jack Daniels
07-26-2010, 08:56 PM
im actually surprised lol mayb its a mass/ghetto thing but i know at least 15 to 20 ppl wit those geo prizims lol

And the still run? :) Now thats impressive...

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 08:57 PM
not a bad fit. i thought they were out of it headed downhill, sky looks up for them... to the lakers

Jack Daniels
07-26-2010, 08:58 PM
im sure you have...driving through a freeway tells you everything about utah

your seriously a ****** and highly ignorant

so when you say "mormons galore" how can you tell?

its not like mormons walk around with there horns out and there "i am mormon" nametags

http://jeroenr.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/mormon.jpg

slapnutz69
07-26-2010, 08:58 PM
well getting to play with D.Will should be enough

Evolution23
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM
more like going from a toyota to a honda

blah-blah
07-26-2010, 09:05 PM

wtf r u talking about utah has the best pg in the game and few a solid others (millsap,okur,kirlenko) who does minni hav? big upgrade

LeWade>Kobe
07-26-2010, 09:06 PM

LOL That is a fine as- mormon girl

j37hr0
07-26-2010, 09:06 PM
I've lived in Salt Lake for 20 years, and we have some of the most beautiful women on the planet here. Compared to other cities I've lived, Sacramento, Whittier, Las Vegas and San Jose, I prefer Salt Lake based on how nice it is to live here. As far as the nothing to do, you are just plain wrong, there is a lot of stuff to do in Salt Lake. I could show you a good time any night of the week here.

And if you haven't noticed we get tons of snowboarders here, there is plenty of high quality weed.

jdub747
07-26-2010, 09:07 PM
I live in utah and you guys would be pretty surprised, Plenty of dime pieces that are mormon get down! there actually a lot hornier. and the kush isn't too bad down here either

Wisdom Listens
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
The Wolves have a good base of dedicated knowledgeable fans, they just haven't been rewarded with on court success. Minneapolis is a great city and Minnesota is a great state, and hopefully in the not so distant future the fans will get the team they deserve.

ink
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Joe Juneau's a rocket scientist :D

He's been on the bottom of the standings for pretty much most of his career, so this is kinda of big change for him. He went from a team that was rebuilding to a team thats trying to compete.

I know that. My comment was about the stupid comments these free agents or traded athletes are making about the markets they are leaving. If they had half a brain they wouldn't insult the market they've just left like they are. Just basic decency and common sense.

SouthSideRookie
07-26-2010, 09:10 PM

:facepalm:

SupeUnagi
07-26-2010, 09:10 PM
damn living in minnesota must suck

LeWade>Kobe
07-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I've lived in Salt Lake for 20 years, and we have some of the most beautiful women on the planet here. Compared to other cities I've lived, Sacramento, Whittier, Las Vegas and San Jose, I prefer Salt Lake based on how nice it is to live here. As far as the nothing to do, you are just plain wrong, there is a lot of stuff to do in Salt Lake. I could show you a good time any night of the week here.

And if you haven't noticed we get tons of snowboarders here, there is plenty of high quality weed.

I appreciate your opinion, because I myself live in one of your previous cities, San Jose. While I don't believe San Jose is anywhere close to being one of my favorite cities in California we are 25 min from the beach, 2 hr from the snow and in the middle of everything else beautiful in California. I may not have an educated opinion on the nightlife or daily activities in SLC, but do you honestly like Utah in general more than you like California? If so could you please explain in more detail it's not that I don't believe you I have just never heard such an argument. No disrespect either my friend I just have my experiences in Utah and you have yours and I am interested to know your perspective.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Big Al was nothing but a class act during his tenure in Minnesota. He was a 7 year vet, who played for losing teams his whole career. I am sure he is on cloud 9 right now, knowing he will finally be in the playoffs. I have no resentment at all to these comments.
Good luck Big Al.

ink
07-26-2010, 09:14 PM
The thread is about the TWolves and the Jazz, not about Minn. and Utah. Please refrain from insulting the places people come from. It just causes fighting.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 09:15 PM
damn living in minnesota must suck

its actually beautiful, outside Dec. 1-Feb. 28

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 09:16 PM
The thread is about the TWolves and the Jazz, not about Minn. and Utah. Please refrain from insulting the places people come from. It just causes fighting.

sorry ink, just wanted to throw a positive, not shot back comment about minny. Its beautiful in the fall, summer, and spring

DerekRE_3
07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Agree with Al Jeff. He goes to a good team that has excellent management and coaching. Can't say the same about Minny.

rmonte4
07-26-2010, 09:20 PM
... Sorry you live in the dirty a-- hole of America I feel bad for you...

HAHAHA

I just dont understand how Mormans can believe the garden of eden and noah's ark was in western Missouri. :facepalm:

ink
07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
sorry ink, just wanted to throw a positive, not shot back comment about minny. Its beautiful in the fall, summer, and spring

Can't say I disagree about Minnesota being a great place. It's an outstanding state. But since free agency started a lot of posters have joined the boards and assumed it's open season on other posters and where they're from.

We want people to talk about basketball, not about each other or the cities they come from. It just leads to fights and closed threads.

Bucsfan
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
I appreciate your opinion, because I myself live in one of your previous cities, San Jose. While I don't believe San Jose is anywhere close to being one of my favorite cities in California we are 25 min from the beach, 2 hr from the snow and in the middle of everything else beautiful in California. I may not have an educated opinion on the nightlife or daily activities in SLC, but do you honestly like Utah in general more than you like California? If so could you please explain in more detail it's not that I don't believe you I have just never heard such an argument. No disrespect either my friend I just have my experiences in Utah and you have yours and I am interested to know your perspective.

dont be so quick to judge utah thats all

short list of things to do in utah

snowboarding/skiing
mountain bike riding
sand dunes
moab
raceways
60 mins to gambling
clubs/bars open 7 days a week (shocking i know)
awesome football (ya know the new pac 10 team)

california has the same stuff...ive been to night clubs and strip clubs in nevada...phoenix...vegas...and they are all the same or pretty close to

whats funny is that sometimes i get the impression that people outside of utah think we ride around in handcarts and all go to church on sunday!

Rivera
07-26-2010, 09:27 PM
And the still run? :) Now thats impressive...

hell yea and they run good to

they be puttin tints n like 16 in rims on them *****

some have the wal mart spinners lol

Rivera
07-26-2010, 09:29 PM

wtf r u talking about utah has the best pg in the game and few a solid others (millsap,okur,kirlenko) who does minni hav? big upgrade

its called sarcasm my friends

duh i think we know hes talkin abt the team

but its just a funny ***** quote cause were talkin abt the states minny to utah lmao

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 09:30 PM

when did the Jazz acquire Paul?

PutMeInCoach
07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Easy guys... all he is saying is that he went from a well built, reliable 'car' to one that has over inflated value with high insurance costs..

asandhu23
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
If Jazz are a Bentley, then Lakers are a Gold Flying M1 Abrams tank limo.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 09:49 PM
If Jazz are a Bentley, then Lakers are a Gold Flying M1 Abrams tank limo.

lol

magichatnumber9
07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I hope the Timberwolves organization takes this to heart and start making intelligent, constructive, and prosperous decisions in the future.

Vidball
07-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow...this might be the thread with the highest amount of ignorant posts I've ever seen--and those posts aren't even about basketball. Some posters are pretty sheltered and believe all of what they read (good thing they don't live in a socialized country).

Anyways, Big Al will be joining a top 5 organization in the league and a team that can be a top 4 seed in the West. He's not in a Ferrari, but compared to the organization he just came from, the Jazz look, smell, and feel like a Bentley.

Bucsfan
07-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Wow...this might be the thread with the highest amount of ignorant posts I've ever seen--and those posts aren't even about basketball. Some posters are pretty sheltered and believe all of what they read (good thing they don't live in a socialized country).

Anyways, Big Al will be joining a top 5 organization in the league and a team that can be a top 4 seed in the West. He's not in a Ferrari, but compared to the organization he just came from, the Jazz look, smell, and feel like a Bentley.

well said...

Huh
07-26-2010, 10:28 PM
when did the Jazz acquire Paul?

They didn't, New Orleans couldn't trade him because he was injured.

:rimshot:

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 10:30 PM
They didn't, New Orleans couldn't trade him because he was injured.

:rimshot:

ah, so the best PG is still in the big easy. Sorry, just thought I missed something...

rmonte4
07-26-2010, 10:34 PM
ive been to night clubs and strip clubs in nevada...phoenix...vegas...and they are all the same or pretty close

Im from Chicago, ive partied at clubs/bars/strip clubs in NYC, Miami, etc etc. Nothing is like Vegas!

Jays Claw
07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Al Jefferson wasn't referring to Minnesota being a Toyota, but the team.

Rivera
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Al Jefferson wasn't referring to Minnesota being a Toyota, but the team.

ummm i think we know this captain obvious

blastmasta26
07-27-2010, 01:13 AM
:laugh: I can't believe he said that.

XxigglesphanxX
07-27-2010, 01:15 AM
i really am surprised they arent burning his jersey for saying that! cleveland fans and their owner would have been done that and some more

blah-blah
07-27-2010, 01:27 AM
ah, so the best PG is still in the big easy. Sorry, just thought I missed something...

uhm actually no dwill is a lot better then paul does paul lead his team to the playoffs every year no?dwill is better hands down

VIP1349
07-27-2010, 01:31 AM
i really am surprised they arent burning his jersey for saying that! cleveland fans and their owner would have been done that and some more
Don't ever compare Al Jefferson to LeBron James again.

ink
07-27-2010, 01:33 AM
This thread seems to have run its course. Closed.