PDA

View Full Version : Oswalt won't accept trade unless 2012 option picked up

-Lavigne43-
07-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Just to make it clear: Roy Oswalt will not approve any trade unless his $16M option for 2012 is picked up. When Oswalt talked about "restructuring,'' he meant he might be willing to defer a part of the money. But that was it.

http://twitter.com/jcrasnick

lavell12
07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Nobody is going to pick that up and the Astros wouldn't either so he either doesn't care about winning or just likes Houston and is using this as a way to stay there.

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Oswalt has been quoted as saying the option wasn't a ''big deal'' that whoever traded for him he would be willing to work the money part out later. I think this is his way of trying to steer his way to st louis but as the deadline nears he's going to realize that he's not going there and accepts a deal to the phillies.

BayFan
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Of course he won't

Illa215
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Oswalt is such an *******.

If the Phillies somehow get him, I would love to see him boo'd like hell. **** him, he obviously doesn't care about the team.

MooseWithFleas
07-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Gotta love the guy's actions. First he demands to be traded, then he wants his option picked up, now he might exercise his no trade clause depending on what team he's traded to. He also said he didn't want to be traded to the Phillies.

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Nobody is going to pick that up and the Astros wouldn't either so he either doesn't care about winning or just likes Houston and is using this as a way to stay there.

It would be pretty silly to not pick up that option and that to be the reason for a team to not trade for him.

He will easily be worth that much at that age, assuming he stays healthy, which he has a track record of doing.

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 07:35 PM
He should have been more clearer about wanting to be traded. First it's ''i want out'' then it's i want to go to st louis and now he wants his option picked up. As an Astros fan and i have been all my life at this point i just want him gone. I used to pity the guy because on a team with offense he could have a couple of cy youngs by now. But now he's being a **** just because he can. The cardinals can't afford him and even if he drops his option demand it still isn't going to happen. But there's always next year or the offseason to trade him because he's trying to force the Astros hand and it's not going to work. He's made 30 starts or more every year since 2004 so he's as reliable as you can ask for so his health isn't an issue and he's earning his pay with a career 3.24 ERA.

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I love how many people are getting pissy at Oswalt for asking for a couple of things in a trade to help his current franchise rebuild.

The guy said he was open to being traded if the organization was wanting go in that direction.

1. He thought the conversation was going to remain private, and was very embarrassed by it being leaked to the public, something he did not like at all.
2. He has been in the league 10 years, and is a legit ace/number two in any rotation, and you guys think teams care about picking up his 16 million dollar option for his age 34 season.....are you kidding me?

It is in the Astros best interest to move him, if they miss out on this opportunity, it would continue to show the failure of MacLane and Wade

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 07:37 PM
He should have been more clearer about wanting to be traded. First it's ''i want out'' then it's i want to go to st louis and now he wants his option picked up. As an Astros fan and i have been all my life at this point i just want him gone. I used to pity the guy because on a team with offense he could have a couple of cy youngs by now. But now he's being a **** just because he can. The cardinals can't afford him and even if he drops his option demand it still isn't going to happen. But there's always next year or the offseason to trade him because he's trying to force the Astros hand and it's not going to work.

I'm pretty sure that is the media over playing that. He said like 5 years ago that he would have had fun playing in St. Louis if he had been drafted there.

He never demanded a trade, and never demanded st. louis, he just prefers stl....you can't fault a guy for requesting that, he signed a deal until his age of 34-35 thinking he would be a lifetime Astro, I believe he should get some say in where he ends up, don't you?

MooseWithFleas
07-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Also, how can he enforce this demand? Will they renegotiate his contract? A team can agree to pick it up and then just not do it. Sure it's bad business, but it is also legal unless they do a formal renegotiating of the contract.

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that is the media over playing that. He said like 5 years ago that he would have had fun playing in St. Louis if he had been drafted there.

He never demanded a trade, and never demanded st. louis, he just prefers stl....you can't fault a guy for requesting that, he signed a deal until his age of 34-35 thinking he would be a lifetime Astro, I believe he should get some say in where he ends up, don't you?

I believe he's got a right to ask where he wants to be traded but not necessarily accomodated in that request if it doesn't benefit the team. The phillies are a good contending team and per his wishes he wants to go to a contender so whats the problem? The astros want max value for him and if the team he wants to go to can't facilitate that then why should the astros just trade him there because thats where he wants to be?

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Also, how can he enforce this demand? Will they renegotiate his contract? A team can agree to pick it up and then just not do it. Sure it's bad business, but it is also legal unless they do a formal renegotiating of the contract.

It would be exercised with the trade automatically

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I believe he's got a right to ask where he wants to be traded but not necessarily accomodated in that request if it doesn't benefit the team. The phillies are a good contending team and per his wishes he wants to go to a contender so whats the problem? The astros want max value for him and if the team he wants to go to can't facilitate that then why should the astros just trade him there because thats where he wants to be?

I agree, that is why he has a no trade clause....he could also limit that no trade clause to only one team, since it is a full no trade clause....but it doesn't really help his current team at all if he did that.

It has happened before I should note, but Oswalt isn't doing that, he just prefers st. louis, he would be willing to go elsewhere

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Either way, he clarified today that location is not a concern. I think too many people are thinking he demanded a trade and is being picky about where he is traded, that is not the case at all.

defender4m
07-26-2010, 07:58 PM
then he might just not get traded to the team of his choice

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Either way it's clear he's trying to position himself to go to the cardinals. In the end i think the phillies pick him up and overpay for him since he's the last premier arm left on the market. But if the astros don't get what they want by the deadline he's going to be moved in the offseason or at next years deadline. If the phillies manage to move werth an oswalt trade will fall into place. Rumor earlier was the phillies were working on trading werth to the padres for a couple of prospects that would presumably be thrown into an oswalt deal and clear salary for philly.

Moosie Doom
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
If he wants to defer that option through 2018, the Dodgers might do it. Frank McCourt's middle name is "Defer."

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 09:22 PM
What this does is hurt the astros. Which ever team decide to pick up the option will give up little to nothing for him. Unless Houston wants to be stuck with his contract they wont have much other choice but to deal him for very little... You wont get a team to take on that money and give up good specs for him. Its either one or the other.

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
they certainly won't be getting what they are asking for.

But I don't think the option is going to scare off very many suitors

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
they certainly won't be getting what they are asking for.

But I don't think the option is going to scare off very many suitors

Its reported that everyone is scared off because of the option... and that is why only 3 teams are in on him... The Dodgers cant pick up the options so its only down to 2 teams.

redzone11
07-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Good. Now we don't have to be stuck with him for the next 2+ years.

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Just seems like everyone wants a quality player but don't want to pay the cost. You get what you pay for if you want a bargain bin pitcher like lilly your going to get what you pay for which isn't much. If you want a pitcher thats a legit established #1 pitcher then you have to pony up and get oswalt. Haren is a great example the guy was leading the NL in hits allowed and second in the NL in homeruns allowed with over 20 million owed the next 2 years he was overpriced and overrated and the angels didn't give up much for him. Oswalt has never had any major injury problems and has been consistent 30+ starts the last 6 years won 20 games a few times and on a better team he would be a household name with a couple of cy youngs to his credit. Quality pitching isn't cheap and ace's don't come around every year on the trading block.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Just seems like everyone wants a quality player but don't want to pay the cost. You get what you pay for if you want a bargain bin pitcher like lilly your going to get what you pay for which isn't much. If you want a pitcher thats a legit established #1 pitcher then you have to pony up and get oswalt. Haren is a great example the guy was leading the NL in hits allowed and second in the NL in homeruns allowed with over 20 million owed the next 2 years he was overpriced and overrated and the angels didn't give up much for him. Oswalt has never had any major injury problems and has been consistent 30+ starts the last 6 years won 20 games a few times and on a better team he would be a household name with a couple of cy youngs to his credit. Quality pitching isn't cheap and ace's don't come around every year on the trading block.

Paying for a quality player and over paying for a quality player are 2 very different things. Oswalt currently has really bad back issues and has had 3 cortisone shots in that back... Reports are that his back is so bad that he refuses to get it operated on because of the amount of time he would be out. He is not the same pitcher he was when he won the cy youngs and currently at his age is owed a ton of money. No team will pay that contract and give up anywhere near what the astros are looking for. No team is that stupid. If a team is going to pay his contract 1 or 2 ok prospects is enough. Anything more is rape.

If the Phillies had to pick up his option... Happ and a lower prospect is all the phillies should give up for Oswalts services... Anything more is ludicrous. If the option is not picked up and the Astros pay some of his contract than I can understand giving up 1 top prospect and 2 good prospects. They wont get both... No team is that stupid.

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Quality pitching isn't cheap and ace's don't come around every year on the trading block.

yes they do ;)

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 10:53 PM
yes they do ;)

:clap:

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Paying for a quality player and over paying for a quality player are 2 very different things. Oswalt currently has really bad back issues and has had 3 cortisone shots in that back... Reports are that his back is so bad that he refuses to get it operated on because of the amount of time he would be out. He is not the same pitcher he was when he won the cy youngs and currently at his age is owed a ton of money. No team will pay that contract and give up anywhere near what the astros are looking for. No team is that stupid. If a team is going to pay his contract 1 or 2 ok prospects is enough. Anything more is rape.

If the Phillies had to pick up his option... Happ and a lower prospect is all the phillies should give up for Oswalts services... Anything more is ludicrous. If the option is not picked up and the Astros pay some of his contract than I can understand giving up 1 top prospect and 2 good prospects. They wont get both... No team is that stupid.

He NEVER won any cy youngs so you just lost all credibility in this conversation as far as you don't have any idea what the **** your talking about.

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 11:01 PM
yes they do ;)

No they don't..... There are aces talked about every year at the deadline but rarely are they traded let alone every year as you claim.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 11:24 PM
No they don't..... There are aces talked about every year at the deadline but rarely are they traded let alone every year as you claim.

Sabathia/Lee/Peavy/Haren/Shilling/Randy Johnson/Bartolo Colon/Lee

These pitchers are from 1998 and on. Aces have been traded now 5 times in 2 seasons I believe... Lee twice... Peavy/Haren and Sabathia. It didn't happen often before but it is becoming a trend and is nowhere near as rare as you are making it out to be... If you were to say that in 2008 then that would be understandable... But now its not rare at all. I don't see Peavy or Haren as aces and I believe that term is over used but they are as good as Oswalt is now when they were originally traded. I wont consider Oswalt an ace... Top pitcher sure... But not an ace.

Jeffy25
07-26-2010, 11:34 PM

Let's review.

2010 - Cliff Lee, Dan Haren and Roy Oswalt discussed, two of the three currently traded
2009 - Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Jake Peavy discussed, two of the three traded
2008 - C.C. and Harden were traded, so were Griffey and Manny
2007 - Tex, Gagne, Pinero and Lohse were the big moves, I know aces were discussed, but were not moved
2006 - Maddux, Ollie, Nady etc were traded at the deadline.

Shall I continue?

There are always aces discussed and available, not always moved though. these are just the guys that were right at the deadline, there are more, especially when you consider Santana and Halladay being moved during the off-season, and not at the deadline.

That is what I could find in just a few minutes looking back, as well by memory, I'm positive that if I spent a little bit of time on it, I could find more. There are always 2 or 3 aces made available at the deadline.

Dark Donnie
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM

Ace's are traded every deadline.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Let's review.

2010 - Cliff Lee, Dan Haren and Roy Oswalt discussed, two of the three currently traded
2009 - Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Jake Peavy discussed, two of the three traded
2008 - C.C. and Harden were traded, so were Griffey and Manny
2007 - Tex, Gagne, Pinero and Lohse were the big moves, I know aces were discussed, but were not moved
2006 - Maddux, Ollie, Nady etc were traded at the deadline.

Shall I continue?

There are always aces discussed and available, not always moved though. these are just the guys that were right at the deadline, there are more, especially when you consider Santana and Halladay being moved during the off-season, and not at the deadline.

That is what I could find in just a few minutes looking back, as well by memory, I'm positive that if I spent a little bit of time on it, I could find more. There are always 2 or 3 aces made available at the deadline.

Lol we are on the same page... Look up. 5 top pitchers in 2 years is not rare... from 1998 to 2008 3 pitchers in Johnson/Colon/Shilling were traded... from 2008 Lee was dealt twice... peavy/haren and Sabathia... 5 times in 2 years is not rare.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 11:44 PM
He NEVER won any cy youngs so you just lost all credibility in this conversation as far as you don't have any idea what the **** your talking about.

More-Than-Most
07-26-2010, 11:46 PM

Lol ok so I made a mistake... I figured he did. The rest of my post is credible and you flying off the handle proves so. You over value him because of your homerism and you should try to get it in check before you continue to spew the bs that is coming out of your mouth. Besides me assuming he won a cy young... what part of my post is wrong?

astrosmaniac
07-27-2010, 12:06 AM

what are you talking about? last year he had back issues, but that kept nagging because he never had a chance to let it heal. hes been completely healthy except for the ankle thing that happened 2 starts ago

More-Than-Most
07-27-2010, 12:22 AM
what are you talking about? last year he had back issues, but that kept nagging because he never had a chance to let it heal. hes been completely healthy except for the ankle thing that happened 2 starts ago

Read up on it.. It was on the news today. Insiders were all over talking about it here In Philadelphia... He has a horrible back and refuses to get it fixed because of how long he would be out. He has had 3 shots already. It makes him a liability. I want the phillies to get him but only if the price is right.

astrosmaniac
07-27-2010, 01:17 AM
i live in houston, i follow the astros, and i listen to sports talk and i have no clue what you're talking about. unless you can provide a link to a credible source, im calling ********

Jeffy25
07-27-2010, 01:27 AM
Oswalt has only missed like two big league starts, and average 6 and a half innings per start.

That speaks louder than what some talk show host is drumming up.

they did this **** with Halladay last year and the guy gets closer to 300 innings than anyone else, I just ignore that crap

SouthSideRookie
07-27-2010, 04:06 AM

What I guess this guy is a baseball insider now! Btw the pitchers you mentioned that have been traded (aces) dont have the track record that Oswalt has, Its rediciouls how Philly fans including someone in particular, talk about trading Jason Werth to Tampa and wanting the Rays to give them top prospects(Hellickson) , are you kidding me!!! and also include another top prospect or maybe even Crawford, for Jason *********g Werth. But then here we discuss possibilities about Oswalt and Happ is the best they want to offer. Please dont insult our inteligence.

TEXASTITAN
07-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Lol ok so I made a mistake... I figured he did. The rest of my post is credible and you flying off the handle proves so. You over value him because of your homerism and you should try to get it in check before you continue to spew the bs that is coming out of your mouth. Besides me assuming he won a cy young... what part of my post is wrong?

Pretty much the entire post was a waste of space you claimed he won ''cy youngs'' and has such horribile back problems that he's made more starts than just about anybody over the last 6 years. You have no clue what your talking about. You talk about bs coming out of my mouth at least my facts and stats are straight before i commit to posting in a public forum i don't just sit there and make **** up like you have done with no facts to support your argument. You can call me a homer but at least ive got the integrity to back my statements up with facts and not something completley random out of left field buddy.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Him missing starts is not the issue... He is choosing not to get a much needed surgery done because he doesn't want to miss the starts. I did not say he was injured all the time... I simply stated that because of his on going back issues people are not going to risk another 2 and a half seasons for a 32 year old pitcher with back problems. Giving up 4 prospects and taking on that option year is not going to happen because of it... Noone wants that kind of commitment to a 32 year old pitcher with back problems whom will make a ton of money the next 2 years. Every article I read talks about his back problems... Dailys new live today in Philadelphia talked about it and the cortisone shots

http://blogs.chron.com/baseballblog/archives/2010/01/heres_some_good.html

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2010/07/federovitch_for_phils_oswalt_d.html

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2010/7/25/1586806/roy-oswalt-and-dan-haren-a

http://mikesciosciastragicillness.com/2010/05/22/your-obligatory-roy-oswalt-post/

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2010/05/24/roy-oswalt-the-key-for-a-met-wildcard-berth/

The one in bold is from late may... buster olney reports about his back as well... There are articles that mention his back issues. Here is another story from the Houston chronicle that says he has a chronic back condition but it has been an after thought so far this season. I am not saying he is a bad pitcher... He is still very very good... But with the history of back problems why would any team give up a ton of prospects and pick up that option??? I dont have an article from today on the philadelphia insider on daily news live but he said as well about his back issues... that's where I originally got it from. He said he has had 3 shots in his back and he promises if traded to the phillies he will need a 4th at some point in this season. If you want I can give you more articles from writers and people and sports analysts that talk about his back issues at one point or another.

Here is another... He was shut down at the end of last season for 2 weeks because of how bad his back was. http://fantasy.ballhype.com/story/astros-ace-oswalt-to-miss-last-2-weeks-with-back/

Here is something from June of this year...
Jun 25, 2010 ... Astros ace Oswalt receives injection for back irritation, ... irritated disk in his lower back and could have his next start pushed back. ... Cubs in the second inning because of a left lower back strain. ... runs for the Astros, who had been shut out in their previous two games against the Giants.

This is not just a 1 season thing... He has had back trouble for almost 4 seasons now... Last year he was ok until the end of the season when they had to shut him down... It goes away and comes back... Why would a team not worry???? Oswalt is a beast... That I cant deny... But to say his back problems are not a concern is borderline ********.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2010, 05:32 AM
What I guess this guy is a baseball insider now! Btw the pitchers you mentioned that have been traded (aces) dont have the track record that Oswalt has, Its rediciouls how Philly fans including someone in particular, talk about trading Jason Werth to Tampa and wanting the Rays to give them top prospects(Hellickson) , are you kidding me!!! and also include another top prospect or maybe even Crawford, for Jason *********g Werth. But then here we discuss possibilities about Oswalt and Happ is the best they want to offer. Please dont insult our inteligence.

Werth does not have back issues... Werth does not have a over paid contract the next 2 seasons. Werth is cheap for the rest of this season and currently the best bat on the market... for a team like Tampa that is exactly what they need and are looking for... That is why he is worth that much. If he had back issues and was owed over 30 mill the next 2 seasons his stock would drop drastically as well.

SouthSideRookie
07-27-2010, 05:46 AM
Werth does not have back issues... Werth does not have a over paid contract the next 2 seasons. Werth is cheap for the rest of this season and currently the best bat on the market... for a team like Tampa that is exactly what they need and are looking for... That is why he is worth that much. If he had back issues and was owed over 30 mill the next 2 seasons his stock would drop drastically as well.

You dont trade two blue chip prospects and or Crawford for a 2 month rental, thats "ludicrous".

More-Than-Most
07-27-2010, 05:55 AM
You dont trade two blue chip prospects and or Crawford for a 2 month rental, thats "ludicrous".

I never said they would or should... But the phillies are right to ask for the moon because of all the teams that want werth... Teams in the rays division as well. I never said he was worth all that... I just gave u reasons why his value is so high.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2010, 05:59 AM
i live in houston, i follow the astros, and i listen to sports talk and i have no clue what you're talking about. unless you can provide a link to a credible source, im calling ********

You live in Houston and follow the Astros but have no clue about Oswalts back problems? I posted links and I can keep going... Some are credible and some aren't... Buster olney talks about it and so does oswalt himself..He has had back issues for several seasons now... It really hasn't been an issue this season but that doesn't mean his back is better. The point I was making is that with how injury prone his back is there is no way the phillies would pick up that option and give up a ton of specs for him when he could break down after next season.. I live In philly and was not aware of how bad his back was until I watched it on daily news live earlier. I would not post something without hearing or seeing it first.

Pinstripe pride
07-27-2010, 08:43 AM
good for him. he has a no trade, so its his choice. i see no porblem. i see no reason why a team would pay the price huoston will ask and not want to keep oswalt the additional year

astrosmaniac
07-27-2010, 11:12 AM
You live in Houston and follow the Astros but have no clue about Oswalts back problems? I posted links and I can keep going... Some are credible and some aren't... Buster olney talks about it and so does oswalt himself..He has had back issues for several seasons now... It really hasn't been an issue this season but that doesn't mean his back is better. The point I was making is that with how injury prone his back is there is no way the phillies would pick up that option and give up a ton of specs for him when he could break down after next season.. I live In philly and was not aware of how bad his back was until I watched it on daily news live earlier. I would not post something without hearing or seeing it first.

i know he had a hurt back last year. thats it. it was never serious enough to need surgery. the only reason it lasted so long was that the stupid *** management was delusional about there chances of winning and wouldn't let him take starts off. after resting in the offseason, he got healthy. everyone of those links was either a blog (which aren't alwayss based in fact), or talking about last year.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2010, 03:30 PM
i know he had a hurt back last year. thats it. it was never serious enough to need surgery. the only reason it lasted so long was that the stupid *** management was delusional about there chances of winning and wouldn't let him take starts off. after resting in the offseason, he got healthy. everyone of those links was either a blog (which aren't alwayss based in fact), or talking about last year.

So he didn't get a 3rd cortisone shot in may/June and almost miss a start against the cubs THIS year because of how bad his beck felt???? See everyone thought I was making **** up but I gave my proof... Bottom line is his back is bad and my original point was no team will pick up that option and pay that money for a 32/33 year old pitcher while giving up the farm like Houston wants. His trade value should drop significantly because of that option year and the money he is owed. If Amaro were to take on that option and give up the farm he needs to have his head examined and be terminated. Oswalt would be a very good addition this year and next but after that it becomes to risky.

More-Than-Most
07-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Pretty much the entire post was a waste of space you claimed he won ''cy youngs'' and has such horribile back problems that he's made more starts than just about anybody over the last 6 years. You have no clue what your talking about. You talk about bs coming out of my mouth at least my facts and stats are straight before i commit to posting in a public forum i don't just sit there and make **** up like you have done with no facts to support your argument. You can call me a homer but at least ive got the integrity to back my statements up with facts and not something completley random out of left field buddy.

Making starts in the past means very little to the phillies for the next 2 years. You see the links I gave... He has a terrible back. He doesn't miss starts but he misses days... Last season he missed 31 total days with the astros because of injuries. He is a warrior and makes his starts and I will give him credit for that... But you want the moon for a 32 year old pitcher that has back issues and a bad contract over the next 2 seasons with that option... Its just not likely.

SouthSideRookie
07-27-2010, 03:54 PM
So he didn't get a 3rd cortisone shot in may/June and almost miss a start against the cubs THIS year because of how bad his beck felt???? See everyone thought I was making **** up but I gave my proof... Bottom line is his back is bad and my original point was no team will pick up that option and pay that money for a 32/33 year old pitcher while giving up the farm like Houston wants. His trade value should drop significantly because of that option year and the money he is owed. If Amaro were to take on that option and give up the farm he needs to have his head examined and be terminated. Oswalt would be a very good addition this year and next but after that it becomes to risky.

You're just spitting against the wind here, like if we dont know Oswalt has had issues with his back, we are Astros fans afterall. I'll say this, I think many would agree that out of both teams that are rumored to get Oswalt which are Philly and St Louis, whichever team aquires him will be favored to go to the World Series more than likely the duration of Oswalts contract, you tell me, what pitching rotation would you prefer, Carpenter, Wainright, Oswalt vs Halladay, Hammels and you fill in the 3rd !!

CityofTreez
07-27-2010, 03:57 PM
This guy is insane as of late!

Last year, i thought he requested a trade, or the Astros shopped his name around
----Oswalt was disgruntled

This year, he requests a trade, the Astros shop his name around, then he has all these demands regarding his future? make up your mind Roy!

jusscallmez
07-27-2010, 07:24 PM
BS, of course Oswalt cares about the money. Which athlete says that they dont?!

Jeffy25
07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't get why people are calling him insane, his demands are not bad at all, and I have a feeling that his name is being dragged through the mud because of the Astros