PDA

View Full Version : Twins and Blue Jays close to a trade ?

The Slave
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Hearing something's going down between #Twins & #Jays, probably for bullpen help. Downs or (more likely?) Frasor. Not done. Could be quickly

http://twitter.com/tompelissero

Someone compile potential targets.

miller74
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Your the slave you compile them

The Slave
07-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Danny Velancia ?

Ben Revere ?

Beastley8
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
^^ If that's who were giving up, than that's far too much.

broncosfan_101
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Your the slave you compile them

BAHAHAHA!! win :clap:

I'm guessing Joe Benson and a decent pitching prospect...

statquo
07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Ramos?

broncosfan_101
07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Ramos?

Why?

Beastley8
07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Ramos?

No.

Macedonian
07-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Aaron Hicks + Kyle Gibson ... for ... Downs + 30 milions cash!:)

DiPasquale7
07-26-2010, 05:00 PM
I'd love a guy like Ramos but I feel like we've got some good depth at catcher. Unless we decide Arencebia is going to change positions, I feel like we should stick with D'Arnaud and Arencebia and look for prospects at other positions (i.e. 3B, OF, SP). I think our best bet would be to target one of their OF prospects (Revere/ Hicks).

The way I see it, we only really need to figure out our future 3B (I think Bautista can be that), catcher (maybe, if Arencebia and D'Arnaud aren't the answer that is) and a speedy OF with a high BA and OBP.

I personally would love to see Arencebia moved to 1B/DH because he has an incredible bat but is (from what I've heard) a terrible defender. The challenge is we sort of have a log jam at 1B/DH (Wallace, Lind, Snider?). I don't know the best way to resolve everything... It'd be great if one of them could learn 3B.. Then we'd be in good shape. It'd be a great problem to have though..

Either way, I'd be happy with any of the better Twins prospects for Downs or Frasor. This team is moving in the right direction.

bomber0104
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
I doubt the Jays are talking about Downs just because a lot of other teams seem to be interested and the price will only get higher as we approach the deadline.

If its Frasor then there is probably no way we get Hicks or Ramos unless we add a pretty good prospect ourself

Revere and Valencia are possible target although i'm not a valencia fan

BlueJayFanDan
07-26-2010, 06:07 PM
My gut feeling would be that Downs is not involved in these talks. Probably Frasor. Anyone thinking maybe Marcum could be involved in these talks though? Minnesota needs another good starter.

wolverine
07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Miguel Sano for Frasor

2009mvp
07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
^^You mean Miguel? Yeah, that's not happening.

wolverine
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
/\ /\
http://twinkiebaseball.blogspot.com/2009/11/top-50-twins-prospects-1-miguel-jean.html

wolverine
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
After reading more about Miguel Sano i agree with 2009mvp maybe a Danny Valencia

2009mvp
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Not happening as in no way are the Twins giving up that kinda potential for Frasor, not as in I wouldn't want him.

Asham
07-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Frasor and Gregg for Kyle Gibson

Twitchy
07-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned but apparently Frasor has just become an "A" type compensation. He's right on the border so if he pitches poorly he'll go back to B, but that might change his value and what the Jays get in return.

bomber0104
07-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Like I said .. if its Frasor, don't expect anyone on the prospect list higher than Revere.

Meaning no hicks, sano, gibson, morales

T.O. Fan
My vote is for Revere if it's Frasor.

bomber0104
I don't know if it's been mentioned but apparently Frasor has just become an "A" type compensation. He's right on the border so if he pitches poorly he'll go back to B, but that might change his value and what the Jays get in return.

I mentioned it in the other thread.. he is the last one of the list so its far from being set in stone

Beastley8
07-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Like I said .. if its Frasor, don't expect anyone on the prospect list higher than Revere.

Meaning no hicks, sano, gibson, morales

Thank you for being a realist.

I can't see the Twins parting ways with Gibson, Sano, and possibly even Ramos for Downs. Just don't see it, and I definitely don't see it for Frasor. Revere is probably the best you're going to get in return.

ILDD
07-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Ben Revere is just what the Jays need though.

Not a lot of power but with a decent batting average, patient at the plate and plus plus speed. A corner outfielder who profiles as a lead-off hitter, exactly what is missing.

Defensively he can cover in CF when needed and he bats left handed too, gives the future line-up a nice balance

Arencibia (R)
Wallace (L)
Hill (R)
Bautista (R)
Escobar (R)
Snider (L)
Revere (L)
Wells (R)
Lind (L)

If he only costs Frasor then get it done!

Package Downs and Buck to the BoSox and get a blue-chip prospect

Beastley8
07-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Totally fine with giving up Revere. We already have Span planted in CF for the long term, and Aaron Hicks in the waiting for one of the corner OF spots, and we all know the season Delmon Young is having.

I hate Reveres game.

othunder
07-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Angel Morales, Joe Benson and Max Kepler (i am not implying the Jays get all 3)

idrinkpepsi
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Jays won't get any top prospects like Gibson (Gibson cant even be traded until after a certain date in August this year) But I'd like Revere on the Jays.

broncosfan_101
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I'd take Ben Revere. He projects as a Juan Pierre type player, but with a few more walks and a little more power. Even if he would only turn into our 9th hitter and not our leadoff guy, that defense and those stolen bases would still provide plenty of value.

B2theRY
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
i have a feeling its tallet :P

nicksaviking
07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
The fact that Frasor is at this point a Type A would hurt his value. No way would any team who trades for him offer him arbitration, as he could get $5+ million when he accepts. There is no chance he would turn arbitration down, as no teams give up two draft picks for average right handed middle relivers anymore.

HT9Canada
07-26-2010, 11:25 PM
i have a feeling its tallet :P

ya i'm thinking it will be tallet in sort of a roy halladay deal. they get tallet, we get 3 of their top 5 best prospects :D

BlueJayFanDan
07-26-2010, 11:50 PM
ya i'm thinking it will be tallet in sort of a roy halladay deal. they get tallet, we get 3 of their top 5 best prospects :D

Only 3 top prospects for Tallet???? We would be getting ripped off big time. Make it 4 top prospects or no deal!

DocJayzSpikx
07-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Only 3 top prospects for Tallet???? We would be getting ripped off big time. Make it 4 top prospects or no deal!

Heck why not all of em, we'll throw in EE :P

Asham
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
This trade doesnt seem to be very close at all

StealingSigns
07-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Tallet>entire Twins farm system.

I envision a 6 or possibly 7 team swap in order to facilitate a trade in which the necessary top eight of Baseball Americas top-10 ranked prospects come back the Jays way for Tallet. Trading Tallet would rank right up there with Gretzky being traded to LA.

DocJayzSpikx
07-27-2010, 01:18 AM
Tallet>entire Twins farm system.

I envision a 6 or possibly 7 team swap in order to facilitate a trade in which the necessary top eight of Baseball Americas top-10 ranked prospects come back the Jays way for Tallet. Trading Tallet would rank right up there with Gretzky being traded to LA.

A little too much? :p :p :p
Gotta love the hate for Tallet

The Slave
07-27-2010, 04:17 AM
Tallet is definitely one of our under appreciated players, but at the same time I can't help but not be a fan of him.

He hasn't done anything to deserve this. I should point this out.

:confused:

BlueJayFanDan
07-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Hahaha diggin all the Tallet bashing!

Big Hurt
07-27-2010, 07:48 AM
My gut feeling would be that Downs is not involved in these talks. Probably Frasor. Anyone thinking maybe Marcum could be involved in these talks though? Minnesota needs another good starter.

Our #1, young and under control cheap starting pitcher...we are more likely to try to acquire another one than trade the one we have.

B2theRY
07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
I actually do not mind tallet... he has been pretty servicable since he has landed in TO

I dont hate him like most of you people do... i cannot stand GREGG!

I think its probably gregg going to minny...

I dont think its downs.
I think the jays will hold out till the last possible second before moving downs.

BlueJayFanDan
07-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Our #1, young and under control cheap starting pitcher...we are more likely to try to acquire another one than trade the one we have.

While I agree i also realize the Twins have some really good prospects including Ramos who is blocked by Mauer and I think we can take advantage of that by trading Marcum. I prefer to keep him but if it means building that much of a better team it has to be done. For the right package we wont miss him. But ultimately I think it will be Frasor being moved.

BlueJayFanDan
07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I actually do not mind tallet... he has been pretty servicable since he has landed in TO

I dont hate him like most of you people do... i cannot stand GREGG!

I think its probably gregg going to minny...

I dont think its downs.
I think the jays will hold out till the last possible second before moving downs.

I hope we trade Gregg. But I still think it's Frasor headed to Minnesota.

B2theRY
07-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Marcum will not be traded.. the guy makes NO Money..

you dont go trading just to trade.. you still need some talented players.

Marcums proven to be pretty damn solid when he pitches..
I wouldnt trade him.

Im pretty Happy with a Marcum, Cecil, Romero, Morrow and Drabek

Rotation.

B2theRY
07-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I hope we trade Gregg. But I still think it's Frasor headed to Minnesota.

If im Minny i rather Gregg just because he can apparently "close" games. :P
heck throw in frasor and or talent to land 1 better prospect.

and nothing is stopping downs from Returning to Toronto next season as a FA

Big Hurt
07-27-2010, 04:10 PM
If im Minny i rather Gregg just because he can apparently "close" games. :P
heck throw in frasor and or talent to land 1 better prospect.

and nothing is stopping downs from Returning to Toronto next season as a FA

Except the draft picks we would have to surrender or miss out on if he stays.

StealingSigns
07-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Tallet is definitely one of our under appreciated players, but at the same time I can't help but not be a fan of him.

He hasn't done anything to deserve this. I should point this out.

:confused:

Are you serious?

Have you looked at his stats? He is without a doubt the Jays worst pitcher. Only Merkin Valdez put up worse numbers than Tallet.

ERA 6.27
WHIP 1.54
FIP 7.16 (!!!!!!)

He leads the team in HR's allowed, despite only having pitched in 47 innings. Doesn't seem like he is fooling any of the hitters out there.

What is there to appreciate?

BlueJayCarter
07-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Agreed tallet is useless. We should just get rid of him in a trade or release him or waiver him come August. He is wasting a spot that we can have one of our minor leaguers fill, and see if they can stick with the big club.

broncosfan_101
07-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Brian Tallet has the worst FIP among pitchers with 40+ IP in the major leagues. Worst. In. The. Major. Leagues. In terms of WAR, I would make the case that he's been the 3rd worst player in the entire major leagues (behind Carlos Lee and Juan Gutierrez).

T.O. Fan
07-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Tallet's FIP as a reliever (which is where he should have always been) from 2006 to 2009 is just under 4.

This year he's been horrible, but he has been effective in the recent past when put into the proper role.

StealingSigns
07-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Agreed tallet is useless. We should just get rid of him in a trade or release him or waiver him come August. He is wasting a spot that we can have one of our minor leaguers fill, and see if they can stick with the big club.

I'm not sure anyone would be crazy enough to trade for him. You're right though, he is blocking traffic.

wamco
07-28-2010, 07:43 AM
been too quiet on the trade front, starting to get worried. 3 days left

boilerguy2412
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Close eh, i think not

Asham
07-28-2010, 09:52 AM
doubt anythomg's going to happen. The Twins would have asked the Jays not to use the player they want but all of our bullpen has been used

Ragun
07-28-2010, 10:43 AM
AA asking yanks for montero and red sox for kelly or the iglesias guy.

boilerguy2412
07-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Some GM is going to give in to AA it's going to happen he just needs to stand his ground.

DiPasquale7
07-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I love AA.. Wont just let his best tradable assets go for nothing, especially within the division. He's charging them a premium and he should. I'd be ecstatic with either of those players.. Stay strong AA, WORST case scenario is we get 2 1st round picks.. Or we get one of the best lefty relievers to stay on our team for another year.. I'd prefer him dealt but we're in a good position right now. Don't accept less then a top prospect.

B2theRY
07-28-2010, 12:05 PM

read today (NY POST)

Jays asked for Joba for Downs.

blujaysrock
07-28-2010, 12:08 PM

Montero or Chamberlain from the Yanks

Kelly or Iglesias from the Sox

I wouldn't mind either one :laugh2: I dont know how good of luck AA will having trying to get one of them, but hopefully he can get one of them.

bomber0104
07-28-2010, 12:10 PM
nothing wrong with asking for Kelly and Montero then settling for a kalish, Anderson, Mccalister, Nova

ILDD
07-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Anybody else think that AA is asking for Kelly for Downs with the plan to eventually relent and say "OK then, maybe that was too much - I'll throw in Buck".

Downs and Buck for Kelly? I'd do it.

If not, I'd go for Downs for Kalish.

BlueJayCarter
07-28-2010, 08:15 PM
That might work. But I am hoping A.A gets two good or great prospects for Downs and if he adds another piece, John Buck, Frasor you get a third prospect.