PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul does not request trade in meeting with Hornets

nolafan33
07-26-2010, 01:46 PM
#Hornets guard Chris Paul does not ask team to trade him, GM Dell Demps said.

Chris Paul releases a statement on meeting with Hornets: "I like what they said about the direction that they want to take the team."

For what it's worth, Chris Paul told an NBA official in Vegas last week that he hadn't demanded a trade, + was waiting for Hornets meeting.

wwltvsports Demps: chris did not request a trade... confident he'll play for hornets this season
half a minute ago via Touiteur

Reply Retweet wwltvsports Demps: encouraged. ... cp had some very good points.
1 minute ago via Touiteur

On Monday 26th July 2010, @Oneandonlycp3 said:
“The meeting went well. It was great to get an opportunity to sit down with Coach Williams, President Weber and our new General Manager Dell Demps. I expressed my desire to win and I like what they said about the direction that they want to take the team. I have been a Hornet my entire career and I hope to represent the city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana for many years to come.”

Great to hear.

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Awesome! :yawn:

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
:yawn:

mets77
07-26-2010, 01:53 PM
paul staying a hornet

COOLbeans
07-26-2010, 01:56 PM
good for the city of New Orleans.. bad for the league though.. even though I want to see Paul stay in the West, it would be cool to see him in NY. It would solidify the Knicks/Heat match up for the forseeable future. I think he'd be good with Brandon Roy in Portland too.. if anyone finds some info as to why he didn't request a trade, please let us know..

Weezy
07-26-2010, 01:57 PM
I am not surprised at all.

mets77
07-26-2010, 01:58 PM
I respect his decision

kozelkid
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I have a feeling he changed his tune after the bad publicity he was getting. Kinda hoping he'd get traded to Portland.

J4KOP99
07-26-2010, 02:01 PM
I would be very surprised if he went anywhere this season. Even before these statements came out. I just never saw the Hornets actually trading him.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 02:01 PM
that didnt sound like a decision. that just sounded like he said he HOPES to be a New Orleans Hornet. Hes been saying that all along! This is nothing new so far. Hes been saying his first choice is NOLA if the team expresses is desire to Win. Unless they make some moves before the trade deadline, I think CP3 will be requesting a trade.

The Dream
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
this is why you don't ever get hyped by dumb rumors

Method28
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Paul never asked for a trade. It was always "according to a source close to the situation." Wtf is that!!! While I could see us possibly moving him next year at the all-star break if things go downhill, I hope management tries to put pieces around him.

GSW Hoops
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Chris just wants to win, and he's concerned about the direction of the team. I can't say I blame him.

SupeUnagi
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
what about all the sources saying he demanded a trade?
the lebron-cp3 conspiracy?

people believe anything

TehSamurai
07-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Paul never asked for a trade. It was always "according to a source close to the situation." Wtf is that!!!

I've been saying this a lot lately, but nobody wants to listen.

Jays Claw
07-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't worry, he'll cause another circus once the free agency of 2012 comes around.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
lol true that

jobie420
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
CP3 to Portland

dstruong
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
new orleans move to keep his trade value up. LEVERAGE for a trade imo.

MSG34
07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Still not really sure I buy it. They're going to eventually have to let go of Collison whose cheaper while throwing CP3 top money. I'm still not completely sold CP3 isn't going to be moved for young, cheap prospects to play with collison. The fact is, if CP3 demands a trade...his value will go down but if he bluffs and says he will stay, the hornets can get far more for him.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
if you also notice, all his "tweets" are straight up, not in quotations. This particular tweet was ALL in quotations. someone told him to say that (his agent maybe?). could mean anything, could mean nothing.

GOON MUSIC
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Paul was gettin alot of flack for being LeBrons flunky

good thing he decided this, but now he looks like he did it cuz he was scared of the media

TehSamurai
07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
if you also notice, all his "tweets" are straight up, not in quotations. This particular tweet was ALL in quotations. someone told him to say that (his agent maybe?). could mean anything, could mean nothing.

I'm thinking the latter.

netsgiantsyanks
07-26-2010, 03:53 PM
i had a huge feeling he wouldnt ask for a trade. just bspn and "sources" at its finest.

GOON MUSIC
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
"There's no such thing as a "Reliable source". Don't believe it people. The truth these days is so far gone. No credibility" ... Lee-Braun James

JeffG20
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM

His Agent has been stirring this whole thing up and actively calling people to Gage interest from around the league. Why would his agent tell him to say this when his agent has been saying otherwise

Brooklyn Mets
07-26-2010, 04:22 PM
i wouldve loved to see him come to NY but i never thought that was feasible without gutting the entire roster so im glad hes staying in the NO..

masalex1205
07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
much ado about nothing

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Great news for the city of New Orleans Hornets.

Caino
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
To be honest i think his agent just want's abit of attention

smith&wesson
07-26-2010, 04:33 PM
im willing to bet any one here right now that cp3 will be in a knicks uni this coming season.

abe_froman
07-26-2010, 04:35 PM
im willing to bet any one here right now that cp3 will be in a knicks uni this coming season.

i'll be on that.he isnt a fa,so has limited power on where he gets traded,let alone just if he gets traded

smith&wesson
07-26-2010, 04:37 PM
OH lebron and chris pauls new agent will find a way to force the hand. the balance of power has shifted, these guys get what they want at the end of the day.

who wants a highly paid disgruntled player on the team ?

what does the hornets have for chris paul to think he actually has a chance at winning ?
no offence to hornets fans, but lets be real these players now a days are spoiled.

netsgiantsyanks
07-26-2010, 04:46 PM

i smell a sig bet?? i'll do it. he will NOT be a knick this coming season. he will be in a new orleans uniform.

TheWatcher34
07-26-2010, 04:47 PM
how did they make him shut up!?!?! how did they ake him say all this crap!?!?

LTBaByyy
07-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Great move by CP3 but they're not gonna be winning anytime soon with the talent of teams in the west, i think we will have this same discussion when they dont win the next 2 years of his contract....

Will he resign or join another team?

abe_froman
07-26-2010, 04:53 PM
OH lebron and chris pauls new agent will find a way to force the hand. the balance of power has shifted, these guys get what they want at the end of the day.

what does the hornets have for chris paul to think he actually has a chance at winning ?
no offence to hornets fans, but lets be real these players now a days are spoiled.

still they can ship him off to a place not ny,where they could get a better package.

scutch11
07-26-2010, 05:01 PM
how did they make him shut up!?!?! how did they ake him say all this crap!?!?

they said "youre under contract, ***** all you want were not trading you unless we get a whole team back"

paul never really had any power in this situation

PLAYERS FAN
07-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Bad news for Orlando

JeffG20
07-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Nothing this year but next year they have 15mill + off the books. They are telling him be patient because next season they can get some pieces next year to work with

The L Train
07-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Great to hear.

I'm not even going to read this thread.

Just because the Hornets GM says Paul didn;t ask for a trade doesn;t mean he didn't.

Think!!!

If Paul asked for a trade, why would the GM come out and say so?

Come on people.

jackdawson
07-26-2010, 06:45 PM
He will be out of NO after next season, assuming they don't make the playoffs or get a first round exit. Not winning is the biggest frustration for a superstar like CP3. He is more like D-Wade who wants to win.

JeffG20
07-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Hornets are not as bad off as people think. They were in a fight for the 5th or 6th seed until Paul went down. It's not crazy to think they can return to the playoffs next season

nolafan33
07-26-2010, 06:58 PM
By watching the press conference I got the idea that Chris didn't request a trade, there was such a positive vibe around the Hornets brass.

BTW, if Chris did infact request a trade this morning that info would have been leaked from somewhere.

ldc62
07-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Lets wait to see what Lebron tells Chris tonight, then see what happens...

nolafan33
07-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Lets wait to see what Lebron tells Chris tonight, then see what happens...

Really???

mynameismo
07-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Paul never asked for a trade. It was always "according to a source close to the situation." Wtf is that!!!

Exactly!

defender4m
07-26-2010, 09:37 PM
what did the hornets actually tell paul to convince him to stay

blazerman
07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
He'll change his mind before the trade deadline when the Hornets are below .500 at the trade deadline.

Kevj77
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
they said "youre under contract, ***** all you want were not trading you unless we get a whole team back"

paul never really had any power in this situationThat all changes after 2011. All the power will shift to CP3 because he can opt out after 2012 and they could lose him for nothing. No team will be willing to trade the farm for a player that won't sign and will leave after one year.

Hornets have one year to start winning or this will get ugly after next season when CP3 will have the power to force a trade to a team of his choice if that's what he wants.

dre1990
07-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Im glad, seeing that the pistons had no chance of getting him, and i like him in a NO jersey. hes good for that city

serrano275
07-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Didn't Turk do that same thing? wasn't he demanding a trade, then all of a sudden said he looked forward to making the raptors a playoff team, and in less then a week he was shipped of to pheonix. (my story may be off, so please try not to wreck me. I am just saying it went something like that)

I don't see CP3 in a N.O. uniform by the end of the season. It helps for a player to claim he is dedicated to his team for two reasons.

1) it shows he is a team player and not disgruntled. This makes other teams want him more baecause the last thing people want is a distraction in the locker room.

2) If the teams feel he wants out and N.O. is shoping him around, then most teams will take advantage and try to give less to take a disgruntled player of the teams hands.

if a player acts like he is part of the team and doesnt act like a problem, and if an orginization claims they will keep him. Then other teams will give as much as they can because they know it will take an arm and a leg to get a player like CP3.

HoopsMachine
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
If the Hornets front office has learned anything from this past off-season, they should shop him around now and work out a trade.

nolafan33
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Didn't Turk do that same thing? wasn't he demanding a trade, then all of a sudden said he looked forward to making the raptors a playoff team, and in less then a week he was shipped of to pheonix. (my story may be off, so please try not to wreck me. I am just saying it went something like that)

I don't see CP3 in a N.O. uniform by the end of the season. It helps for a player to claim he is dedicated to his team for two reasons.

1) it shows he is a team player and not disgruntled. This makes other teams want him more baecause the last thing people want is a distraction in the locker room.

2) If the teams feel he wants out and N.O. is shoping him around, then most teams will take advantage and try to give less to take a disgruntled player of the teams hands.

if a player acts like he is part of the team and doesnt act like a problem, and if an orginization claims they will keep him. Then other teams will give as much as they can because they know it will take an arm and a leg to get a player like CP3.

The thing being left out of all this CP talk, can Monty and Demps really afford to have their first memorable move with the Hornets being trading the best player in franchise player? I don't think.

Method28
07-26-2010, 11:38 PM
This is very similar to what Kobe tried to pull a few years back. Paul just wants to win. Who doesn't. He never said he wants out. It was all from sources familiar with the situation. Whatever that's supposed to mean. I hope this is the kick in the *** management needs to get something going here.

boriquaabe
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
This is very similar to what Kobe tried to pull a few years back. Paul just wants to win. Who doesn't. He never said he wants out. It was all from sources familiar with the situation. Whatever that's supposed to mean. I hope this is the kick in the *** management needs to get something going here.

Except kobe cried and whined publicly to anyone who would listen.

John Walls Era
07-27-2010, 02:54 AM
I hope Chris stays in NO. Try to get that city a championship (even though they just got one-- Saints).