PDA

View Full Version : McGrady didnt want to go to Heat?

Pages : [1] 2

Stunner
07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100726.html

Sources say despite reports to the contrary now Miami tried repeatedly to get McGrady to sign and Pat Riley was calling McGrady daily.

McGrady not only said he didn’t want to go to Miami, but said he believed the Bulls could defeat the Heat and he’d rather be on the team that beats them.

The notion is you can give him a non-guaranteed minimum contract, which he’d supposedly accept because he wants to play for the Bulls. Then if it is any problem, you let him go. That is much easier said than done, as with a relative who overstays their welcome, it’s not so easy to get them out.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was on the staff in Houston when McGrady was there, so Thibodeau knows him. And, as McGrady supporters point out, the Bulls once took on Dennis Rodman when Michael Jordan was on board. If Rose is, why not?

You sign him to a veterans’ minimum unguaranteed as a 14th man. You list him inactive for the first three months of the season, let him work with the team and train with the team’s training staff and not his own. Gauge how serious he is and his condition. Also, let the team meld and develop.

Then once you have a team set and rolling into February, you begin to bring McGrady along if you still believe he can help you in the playoffs. There’s plenty of time. If he won’t go for that, it means he’s still Me-Mac and about himself.

McGrady’s going to strip down and work out for the Bulls Monday. If only we could have seen him in his youth.

tangent12
07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
He knows we have the more all around solid team. Not surprised.

phlp_bj
07-26-2010, 12:52 PM
when would he play on the heat with wade, lebron, and mike miller there? and i think the bulls have more than the minimum to spend so maybe that's another motive for him to sign in chicago

kjoke
07-26-2010, 12:54 PM
he knows that he wouldn't get any minutes with the Heat,since everyone on the heat is better than him. Not Surprised.

IrespectNumber3
07-26-2010, 12:55 PM
TMac...be careful what you wish for

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-26-2010, 12:55 PM

Thats a pretty big stretch if you ask me (and most other rational nba fans)

HouRealCoach
07-26-2010, 12:58 PM
The Bulls are the best choice 4 T-Mac... I wish he had went to the Heat or the Lakers tho

The ChILL
07-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I like that killer mentality. The Heat are stacked, but it doesn't mean they are unbeatable. I will welcome T-Mac to the Bulls and go to battle come playoff time.

xbrackattackx
07-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I would love Mcgrady on Bulls or Lakers but I would not mind him signing a one year deal with NYC either to help out Amare even if it will be a tiny bit.

lavilevi23
07-26-2010, 01:04 PM
He knows he'll get 0 playing time here. I never wanted him anyways... I much rather have A.I, Marbury or Stackhouse.....
Hell even on the Bulls with Korver and Brewer he wont get much PT...

Stormblast
Thats a pretty big stretch if you ask me (and most other rational nba fans)

I happen to agree that Chicago has a better all around team. Heat have more stars but the Bulls have more pieces.

Pinrod33
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100726.html

Sources say despite reports to the contrary now Miami tried repeatedly to get McGrady to sign and Pat Riley was calling McGrady daily.

McGrady not only said he didn’t want to go to Miami, but said he believed the Bulls could defeat the Heat and he’d rather be on the team that beats them.

The notion is you can give him a non-guaranteed minimum contract, which he’d supposedly accept because he wants to play for the Bulls. Then if it is any problem, you let him go. That is much easier said than done, as with a relative who overstays their welcome, it’s not so easy to get them out.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was on the staff in Houston when McGrady was there, so Thibodeau knows him. And, as McGrady supporters point out, the Bulls once took on Dennis Rodman when Michael Jordan was on board. If Rose is, why not?

You sign him to a veterans’ minimum unguaranteed as a 14th man. You list him inactive for the first three months of the season, let him work with the team and train with the team’s training staff and not his own. Gauge how serious he is and his condition. Also, let the team meld and develop.

Then once you have a team set and rolling into February, you begin to bring McGrady along if you still believe he can help you in the playoffs. There’s plenty of time. If he won’t go for that, it means he’s still Me-Mac and about himself.

McGrady’s going to strip down and work out for the Bulls Monday. If only we could have seen him in his youth.

Did you in any way, shape or form compare Rose to MJ?? Really?

Now, while I am a heat fan, I think any non-partial fan can say that this smells foul. I really doubt that Riley would be calling McGrady every day at this point in his career. He really doesn't need a player of McGrady's mold, and while I can't say there was no interest by the heat, I really really doubt that first, Riley would be pursuing McGrady like if he is the missing link to his sought-after dynasty, nor that McGrady would dismiss Riley if such an offer would come around. You don't think he would love the attention that would come along with playing on this team right now??

I just don't buy it. Sounds like a diva trying to self promote and give the image that he's still good enough to be tossing aside multi-year deals from contenders.

Stunner
07-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Bulls bench

Watson
T-Mac
Korver
Gibson
Asik

he will get at least 20 mins of play,or a lil more if he is having a good game.

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Bulls bench

Watson
T-Mac
Korver
Gibson
Asik

he will get at least 20 mins of play.

It amazes me that T-Mac is going to come off the bench as a role player.

I've seen him play since he came back, and now that hes been getting into basketball shape, I just can't understand why teams dont think he at least can be starter quality.

How many players are you going to find in NBA History at his size with his skill set? T-Mac would be the ideal signing for a team like Cleveland which needs a Point Forward to open up their offense for guys like Jamison/West/Williams.

Boston also as a 6th Man capable of filling in for Allen or Pierce.

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
:bs: Sam Smith is an old fart, If Miami offered Mcgrady a min. he would be here.

The ChILL
07-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Bulls bench

Watson
T-Mac
Korver
Gibson
Asik

he will get at least 20 mins of play,or a lil more if he is having a good game.

Agreed. I am pleased with our Brewer signing although I'm sure T-Mac is looking at our current SGs and thinking to himself that it would present a good opportunity.

Stunner
07-26-2010, 01:23 PM
It amazes me that T-Mac is going to come off the bench as a role player.

I've seen him play since he came back, and now that hes been getting into basketball shape, I just can't understand why teams dont think he at least can be starter quality.

How many players are you going to find in NBA History at his size with his skill set? T-Mac would be the ideal signing for a team like Cleveland which needs a Point Forward to open up their offense for guys like Jamison/West/Williams.

Boston also as a 6th Man capable of filling in for Allen or Pierce.

Aye i believe if he is in great shape i think he should battle Brewer for a starting job come Training Camp.

COOLbeans
07-26-2010, 01:33 PM
:bs: Sam Smith is an old fart, If Miami offered Mcgrady a min. he would be here.

Chicago is the better team...

how do you guys think Chicago will use him?

CrotchetyOldMan
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
He knows he'll get 0 playing time here. I never wanted him anyways... I much rather have A.I, Marbury or Stackhouse.....
Hell even on the Bulls with Korver and Brewer he wont get much PT...

Yep must be a Heat fan since it's obvious you just started following the NBA a few weeks ago...Ummm...AI and Marbury haven't played for a year and were not good when they did and Stackhouse as much as I love him is physically falling apart and struggled mightily with the Bucks last year...and you want any of them over McGrady...Not saying McGrady is great but he at least is still somewhat capable of playing in the NBA...the other three...not so much...Maybe since you just became an NBA fan you should watch some games do some research, a little reading perhaps might help you make intelligent and educated posts in the future...but hey, thanks for coming out at least...are you planning on getting to any Heat game BEFORE halftime?...or does it seem too boring to watch the game by yourself?...

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Chicago is the better team...

how do you guys think Chicago will use him?

:facepalm: Whatever helps you sleep at night.

shyfly24
07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Who is the bulls starting sg?

LTS
07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I happen to agree that Chicago has a better all around team. Heat have more stars but the Bulls have more pieces.

thats what analist where saying before Haslem and others started taking small deals to play there they our very solid and I dont see the logic in T-macs move heat would of been the better choice and rest up till late season and help chase a ring

Yams
07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Yep must be a Heat fan since it's obvious you just started following the NBA a few weeks ago...Ummm...AI and Marbury haven't played for a year and were not good when they did and Stackhouse as much as I love him is physically falling apart and struggled mightily with the Bucks last year...and you want any of them over McGrady...Not saying McGrady is great but he at least is still somewhat capable of playing in the NBA...the other three...not so much...Maybe since you just became an NBA fan you should watch some games do some research, a little reading perhaps might help you make intelligent and educated posts in the future...but hey, thanks for coming out at least...are you planning on getting to any Heat game BEFORE halftime?...or does it seem too boring to watch the game by yourself?...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stunner
07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:

By K.C. Johnson

Tracy McGrady was scheduled to meet with Bulls management Monday afternoon after working out at the Berto Center for roughly an hour in the morning.

McGrady told reporters the Bulls represent his first choice. Contrary to published reports, Bulls management has made no final decision regarding the signing of McGrady.

A seven-time All-Star, McGrady played 30 games last season after undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee in February 2009.

"I feel good," McGrady said at the Berto Center. "I've been battling to get back to rare form. Still coming off surgery. It's been a tough road, but I feel pretty good compared to my last game that I played in New York. I was still going through the rehab process then. I'm definitely a long ways away from what I used to look like. But I'm very confident what I'm going to be in this coming season.
"I'd fit in well. I bring what I know about the game and my athleticism and versatility. Knowing my smarts for the game, leadership, anything I can add to get these guys over the edge. Without me, without (Carlos) Boozer, they're a .500 club. With the guys we added, we'll be 30 better."

One concern regarding McGrady is whether he'd be able to accept a limited role. A source said the Bulls have even considering offering a non-guaranteed contract should they choose to pursue signing him.

McGrady was asked if he'd accept coming off the bench.

"If I was the player I was in a Knicks uniform, I would have no problem coming off the bench," he said. "But I have worked extremely hard and I'm far from that player. It's up to me in training camp to prove I'm a starter."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...for-bulls.html

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
as a heat fan i dont want him or marbury or ai. they are all too old and require to much money. id like mcgrady the most out of all of them though. i thought mcgrady would be the best in la but then they got barnes so the bulls are the best fit for him. he would get good pt off the bench and not kill his old body every night out there.

the only bad part about both the heat and bulls are the coaches, imo the bulls coach is unproven as a head coach and i hate spolstra

Stunner
07-26-2010, 01:57 PM
as a heat fan i dont want him or marbury or ai. they are all too old and require to much money. id like mcgrady the most out of all of them though. i thought mcgrady would be the best in la but then they got barnes so the bulls are the best fit for him. he would get good pt off the bench and not kill his old body every night out there.

the only bad part about both the heat and bulls are the coaches, imo the bulls coach is unproven as a head coach and i hate spolstra

Tibbs knws McGrady from their Rockets days.

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow.. please stop with "Chicago is a better team." That is just ridiculous. If you compare both benches, you could make a case that Miller and Haslem are the two best players between both units.

Bulls:
Watson
T-Mac
Korver
Gibson
Asik

Heat:
Arroyo
Miller
Jones
Haslem
Big Z

Those two units look very close talent wise. Miami has some talent, so people need to open their eyes.

Stunner
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Wow.. please stop with "Chicago is a better team." That is just ridiculous. If you compare both benches, you could make a case that Miller and Haslem are the two best players between both units.

Bulls:
Watson
T-Mac
Korver
Gibson
Asik

Heat:
Arroyo
Miller
Jones
Haslem
Big Z

Those two units look very close talent wise. Miami has some talent, so people need to open their eyes.

smh

COOLbeans
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM
:facepalm: Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Who's on your bench? If you remember "LBJ", Wade and those guys didn't even win the international championships or the Olympics when they were just thrown out there without a team.

But I think it's a serious question: How are the Heat going to play together? because it's seeming a bit hazy, whereas the Bulls clearly have the better nucleus.

EDIT: Miami does have some talent on their bench.. I just see Chicago beating them when it counts, in the east. Unless Wade shines over Rose.. which I think will be close going into this year as Rose is considerably better this year then he was last year and Wade will have to take a step back with the Heat's new roster. Don't get me wrong, I love Wade, but I'm giving an unbiased opinion since I'm not invested emotionally in either teams.

kozelkid
07-26-2010, 02:05 PM

I REALLY doubt it.
Tmac doesn't strike me as a veteran ring chaser. Yes he wants to finally get out of the first round, but he wants to get paid as well and get minutes. And he'd get neither in the last 2 at Miami, especially with your best players at the 2 and 3.
On the Bulls, on the other hand, our weakest positions are our wings. So it's fairly obvious Tmac thinks he can get that starting position. And Bulls look good enough to be able to at least get past 1st round. So it's a very good situation for him. And Grover is in Chicago... Still not sure what to think. But I trust our management on this one. I just don't think he has any sort of athleticism to be a 2 at this point of his career and we have too many 3's as it is.

kozelkid
07-26-2010, 02:06 PM

Bulls:
Watson
T-Mac
Korver
Gibson
Asik

Heat:
Arroyo
Miller
Jones
Haslem
Big Z

Then Heat need some SERIOUS help at pg and center.
For now, all reports indicate that Lebron will take the Magic role so Miller will likely start at the 3. And then yes, our bench destroys yours. As do most benches in the league.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Tibbs knws McGrady from their Rockets days.

umm what? tibbs?

Stunner
07-26-2010, 02:08 PM
umm what? tibbs?

Coach Tibbs our head coach.

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 02:08 PM
That is just ridiculous. If you compare both benches, you could make a case that Miller and Haslem are the two best players between both units.

wow lmao. miller and haslem are better than tmac and taj gibson? dude u gotta be ******** me. taj played as good in his rookie season as haslem has in any year hes played. haslem is a nice player but taj is the same player but add blocking shots. and tracy can outplay miller with even after 20 surgerys, one eye, one arm, while taking a dump. puhlease!

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
For now, all reports indicate that Lebron will take the Magic role so Miller will likely start at the 3. And then yes, our bench destroys yours. As do most benches in the league.

all reports? where on earth did you hear that? ive heard chalmers is the pg and its his spot to lose

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Coach Tibbs our head coach.

sorry. i havent really learned the new coaches out there yet i usually do that when the season starts

tking07
07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm one of the few unbaised posters from the Heat forum, but damn I thought Bulls fans had more knowledge. Guess not..

But by all means, keep thinking that way. The Bulls do have a far more superior bench. ;)

Don't worry we do think that way... U MAD?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:13 PM
McGrady will get minimal playing time on the Heat, and knows he will get a bigger role with Chicago. The Bulls will have a hard time beating the Heat in the playoffs, but they are no slouch.

Stunner
07-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Watson> Carlos
T-Mac = Miller (being nice lets see how T-Mac comes back)
Korver> Jones (shooting thats all they are going to do)
Gibson=Haslem
Asik/Thomas> Big Z (Z jus doesnt have it anymore)

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 02:14 PM
a stupid *** heat fan could NEVER have more knowledge then a bulls by default. you losers only watch the games when theres a hint of homoness cuz its the only thing that sparks a miami fans interest. gayness. lol or when espn tell you you should. the heat is better then us in 2 and ahalf positions. cuz bosh is not THAT much better than booz. the other 2 you are by far better than us. but thats it. center and pg WE are way better. and yes idiot. our bench is way better too.!!!!!

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 02:17 PM

That is the most overrated statement I keep reading.. Miami does not need a point guard. LeBron and Wade will be sharing point guard duties. They will create for everyone. The Heat don't need another guard that is going to need the ball to produce.

But if LeBron did move to pg, then that would move Mario Chalmers to the bench, which would add more scoring towards the second unit.

Miami hasn't finished filling out their roster. They are still looking for another wing player, maybe even two.

HiphopRelated
lol @ better team

They're not even better than the Utah teams.

people just want to say anything

XxigglesphanxX
a stupid *** heat fan could NEVER have more knowledge then a bulls by default. you losers only watch the games when theres a hint of homoness cuz its the only thing that sparks a miami fans interest. gayness. lol or when espn tell you you should. the heat is better then us in 2 and ahalf positions. cuz bosh is not THAT much better than booz. the other 2 you are by far better than us. but thats it. center and pg WE are way better. and yes idiot. our bench is way better too.!!!!!

hey bud lets calm down its ok, a stupid *** heat fan could NEVER have more knowledge than a bulls by default? calm down bud its only the internet

COOLbeans
funny

twoearl
07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
he knows that he wouldn't get any minutes with the Heat,since everyone on the heat is better than him. Not Surprised.

^^^ This. It's hilarious how players think the public is stupid. Everybody knows he still thinks he is worthy of 30 min a night.

Rivera
07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
TMac...be careful what you wish for

lol if the bulls get tmac the bulls are gonna face the heat in the first round of the playoffs and tmac still wont get outta the first round lol

COOLbeans
07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Chicago's second unit is considerably stronger than the Heats!! Watson is a much better player than Arroyo, it's not even close.. I would take Taj Gibson over Haslem any day. And it's not even close!! T-Mac and Korver are better contributors than Mike Miller. What has Mike Miller ever won? Korver has consistently been on playoff teams and Mcgrady is a better player than Mike Miller.. He is. I think the Heat are looking more overrated every day.. And it's not even hate that I'm speaking from because I've never felt ill feelings toward the Heat, but I'm taking an objective look at these teams and Chicago is looking much stronger and younger.

kozelkid
07-26-2010, 02:20 PM
all reports? where on earth did you hear that? ive heard chalmers is the pg and its his spot to lose

Like I said, if it's Chalmers job to lose, they have a problem. Everything indicates that Miami will try to run like the Showtime Lakers.

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
these heat fans man. lmao wow! your the first to say that lebron is the greatest cuz theres nothing wrong with him not being the man, that everyone needs help right? well a team is 5 guys and a bench. not 3 and a bench. not too mention teams that win it all ALWaYS have toughness. who in the hell is tough in miami besides wade? who? tell me, common be honest. bosh? lebron? chalmers? miller? lmao man. my bulls would crush the heat in a street fight thats for damm sure

Chronz
Tmac shouldve taken the sure ring

KINGBAIZE
BOY I hope T-mac is really back and in shape! If he is, I really think Chicago can compete for a ring! No doubt about it... with a healthy T-Mac, we have the best team.

I'm sorry Miami fans...you have a "Big 3"... but with a healthy McGrady NOBODY is seeing our Starting 5 and our bench.

D.ROSE
T.McGRADY/or BREWER
L.DENG
C.BOOZER
J.NOAH

kozelkid

Lakers?

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:23 PM
these heat fans man. lmao wow! your the first to say that lebron is the greatest cuz theres nothing wrong with him not being the man, that everyone needs help right? well a team is 5 guys and a bench. not 3 and a bench. not too mention teams that win it all ALWaYS have toughness. who in the hell is tough in miami besides wade? who? tell me, common be honest. bosh? lebron? chalmers? miller? lmao man. my bulls would crush the heat in a street fight thats for damm sure

what on earth does a street fight have to do with basketball? and who said lebron was the greatest? cavs fans did when he was with them

_Supreme_
07-26-2010, 02:24 PM
This whole thread is based on some strange "rumour" that is completely untrue.

McGrady did want to go to the HEAT, but Miami hasn't been interested in guys like him or Shaq or Iverson who can potentially cause chemistry problems.

Funny that a Bulls fan made this thread :rolleyes:

HiphopRelated
07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Who gives a sh1t about their second unit. People don't grasp this squad yet?

In any rotation, Miami will ALWAYS have the best player on the floor vs. Chicago.

In the playoffs

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Anthony

Miller
Haslem
Z

will be a better 8 man rotation than anything the Bulls can throw out...PERIOD

Enjoy having the better 12th man, who cares?

kozelkid
07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
And like any thread in the NBA forum, this thread turns into 2 fanbases *****ing at one another.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:26 PM

at this point, I think you are right. And if TMac were capable of playing some good basketball, he would probably get the nod over Miller for first wing off the bench

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:26 PM
That is the most overrated statement I keep reading.. Miami does not need a point guard. LeBron and Wade will be sharing point guard duties. They will create for everyone. The Heat don't need another guard that is going to need the ball to produce.

But if LeBron did move to pg, then that would move Mario Chalmers to the bench, which would add more scoring towards the second unit.

Miami hasn't finished filling out their roster. They are still looking for another wing player, maybe even two.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You're expecting Chalmers to score with a second unit? HAHAHAHA. The few points that he did get was off of plays from Wade and his few steals for layups. Chalmers is NOT a scorer..stop it.

2nd... Moving Lebron to PG only weakens Miami MORE. Please do that against Chicago! Cause then...whose your SF again?..and Whose Your PF?..and Whose your Center? Please do that against the #1 rebounding team in the league. Please.:D

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:27 PM
This whole thread is based on some strange "rumour" that is completely untrue.

McGrady did want to go to the HEAT, but Miami hasn't been interested in guys like him or Shaq or Iverson who can potentially cause chemistry problems.

Funny that a Bulls fan made this thread :rolleyes:

exactly. Why add personalities to this roster?? Just go with vet guys who have always been role players and just want to win.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:28 PM

You're expecting Chalmers to score with a second unit? HAHAHAHA. The few points that he did get was off of plays from Wade and his few steals for layups. Chalmers is NOT a scorer..stop it.

2nd... Moving Lebron to PG only weakens Miami MORE. Please do that against Chicago! Cause then...whose your SF again?..and Whose Your PF?..and Whose your Center? Please do that against the #1 rebounding team in the league. Please.:D

I think the Heat have some dude named Bosh up front, who is better than any frontcourt player on the Bulls...

imbetterthanyou
07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
theres something missing from bulls fans arguments....you dont have 3 of the top 10 players in the league....pg will not matter wade and lebron run that all the time...when did mario chalmers or mo williams/delonte west matter on wade/lebrons team before? how many minutes is your bench gonna get bulls? hopefully not enough to where it matters as much as you think it does...cause that means your starters suck...please tell us how youre gonna defend the three of these guys....chicagos team is probably deeper but it really doesnt matter when the likes of lebron wade and bosh are heading your team...bulls just cant defend that all night...mike miller is gonna look like the best shooter in the league in this offense

this coming from a sacramento fan

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Who gives a sh1t about their second unit. People don't grasp this squad yet?

In any rotation, Miami will ALWAYS have the best player on the floor vs. Chicago.
In the playoffs

Chalmers:speechless:
Wade
Lebron
Bosh:confused: Vs BOOZER? (BETTER than? o
Anthony:speechless:

Miller
Haslem:speechless:
Z:speechless:

will be a better 8 man rotation than anything the Bulls can throw out...PERIOD

Enjoy having the better 12th man, who cares?

ROSE
McGrADY/BREWER
DENG
BOOZER
NOAH

^^^ that team will give Miami Hell dude.

Chronz
07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
at this point, I think you are right. And if TMac were capable of playing some good basketball, he would probably get the nod over Miller for first wing off the bench
No matter how recovered Mac is, hes not better than Miller for them. Tmac wont be able to shoot +40% from 3 like Mike. The Heat need that more than Tmacs ability to create.

I guess I just want him in Miami because I doubt his abilities and a free ring would atleast make that year memorable. If he gos to Chicago, I have to hope that hes atleast somewhat recovered because they could really use him.

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
That is just ridiculous. If you compare both benches, you could make a case that Miller and Haslem are the two best players between both units.

wow lmao. miller and haslem are better than tmac and taj gibson? dude u gotta be ******** me. taj played as good in his rookie season as haslem has in any year hes played. haslem is a nice player but taj is the same player but add blocking shots. and tracy can outplay miller with even after 20 surgerys, one eye, one arm, while taking a dump. puhlease!

Yes, in my opinion, I would take Miller and Haslem over McGrady and Gibson.

I never said Miami had a great bench. They still have a below average bench, but most teams only use a 8-9 man rotation anyways.

McGrady was always one of my favorite players, but that doesn't mean I think he's better than Miller. Mike brings 3pt shooting(48%), which Miami really needs. He does more than shot though, Miller can use his size to get to the rim. He's an above average rebounder, grabbed 6 boards a game, and in my book is a solid defensive player.

Gibson over Haslem? Really? A second year player over an established championship power forward? Haslem brings so much more to the table that doesn't show up on stats. He does all the dirty work. Udonis isn't afraid to bang down low, he gives it his all on every play like it was his last. Best blue collar player in the NBA. He has mid-range jumper that seems to be automatic. Great rebounder, one of the best on the offensive glass. He lead the league in double-doubles off the bench. The co-captin has even been known to be clutch, coming through everytime he's called upon.

Do the Bulls have the better bench? Yes
But that's not my agrument. I'm trying to get my point across that Miami is deeper than most people think. Hopefully that will be proven when the season starts.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
in all honesty, as a heat fan, im still more scared of the magic and celtics than the bulls, and dont mark out the bobcats they could sneak in there, also the hawks are still solid. not saying their better than the bulls, just saying that the east is loaded this season

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I am a Wolves fan. So I am indifferent to either team. But how on earth do the Bulls expect to slow the Heat? You are going to get raped at the SG/SF positions, Boozer will be outplayed by Bosh, and all Chalmers, or whomever has to do, is hold Rose from going for 40 a night. The center position is all defense for the Bulls. If the Bulls can miraculously keep Wade/LeBron on the perimeter, and force jumpers (not sure how this is possible), then they can depend on their rebounding to close the gap.
But the Bulls are going to be overpowered badly in the wing positions.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
I think the Heat have some dude named Bosh up front, who is better than any frontcourt player on the Bulls...

Better than is a BIIIIIIG stretch when comparing matchups of BOSH Vs. BOOZER bro. Bosh is very good offensively against people who aren't physical...but Boozer is physical and can match Bosh in pts on any given night as well as rebounds. (SAY THAT ISN't A FACT.:rolleyes:)

Not to mention Boozer is backed by Noah at Center. Thats 11ppg/11rpg (and he occasionally goes for 18-20pts on different nights. (MIAMI dosn't have that downlow! STOOOOOOP it.

justinnum1
ROSE
McGrADY/BREWER
DENG
BOOZER
NOAH

^^^ that team will give Miami Hell dude.

:laugh: sure :rolleyes:

DR. Pepper

ok.. beat the heat then you get pissed on by the lakers..
but the bulls beating the heat? cmon now lets be serious :D

last stand
07-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Bulls:
Watson
T-Mac
Korver
Gibson
Asik

Heat:
Arroyo
Miller
Jones
Haslem
Big Z

arroyo=average, james jones=below average, haslem=average, big z=old and average

mike miller is good but who mans the paint for the heat

i now who mans the paint for the bulls, celtics, magic. championships are won in the paint or by having people who can defend the paint

the heat have neither

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:38 PM
No matter how recovered Mac is, hes not better than Miller for them. Tmac wont be able to shoot +40% from 3 like Mike. The Heat need that more than Tmacs ability to create.

I guess I just want him in Miami because I doubt his abilities and a free ring would atleast make that year memorable. If he gos to Chicago, I have to hope that hes atleast somewhat recovered because they could really use him.

agreed pretty much along the lines here.

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 02:39 PM

Chalmers can't score? I never said the kid was going to put up 20 a night or something. I'm not a big fan of him, but the kid can create his own shot every once in a while.

He still needs to improve a lot of things in his game, but he can get to the rim and is an average 3pt shooter. He can give you 6 or 7 points a night. That's more than Arroyo is going to contribute, that was my point though. He would add scoring to the bench, since he's more of a scorer than Arroyo.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:43 PM

You need to go check TMac's 3pt history. He may not be 40%+ from 3, BUT HE IS ALWAYS HIGH 30's. 37-38% from 3. So how is M Miller better when T-Mac will be shooting a very close % from 3 as well as pulling up, taking people off the dribble to the basket, and getting to the FT line ALOT<<???. M. Miller can't do that.:eyebrow: T Mac is a proven 24ppg scorer.....at worst he's a 14ppg scorer, and really thats all we need him to be. Anything greater is just a plus.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
How many pts are you guys expecting M. Miller to score?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Better than is a BIIIIIIG stretch when comparing matchups of BOSH Vs. BOOZER bro. Bosh is very good offensively against people who aren't physical...but Boozer is physical and can match Bosh in pts on any given night as well as rebounds. (SAY THAT ISN't A FACT.:rolleyes:)

Not to mention Boozer is backed by Noah at Center. Thats 11ppg/11rpg (and he occasionally goes for 18-20pts on different nights. (MIAMI dosn't have that downlow! STOOOOOOP it.

Um, Bosh is clearly better than Boozer is dude. Bosh is clearly a more efficient offensive player, and their defense is both equally average. On top of that

And Noah is a warrior, but let's not mistake him for a low post presence. He gets his off hustle.

Further more, Miami doesn't need to dominate its interior matchups. Bosh will hold his own up front and cancel out at least one player. Outside LAL, nobody has a 1-2 punch worth being scared about up front when LeBron and Wade are lurking outside.

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
ok guys this is ridiculous already. listen j m b. how you just deccribed haslem thats exactly taj. only taj can block shots and younger and more athletic. what you dont know is that i LIVE in miami so ive watched haslem play A LOT and hes peaked. taj is coming up. now lets stop with this bosh is top 10 garbage. no he aint, no way no how. just stop. ofcourse we cannot stop wade or lebron. no one can and thats a given. but these guys hhave been the primary option on offense there whole careers. this is not nba live, some video game, these guys have to learn to play with each other. and no no one can stop either of those guys but tell me who in the hell on the heat will stp the bulls? who?we may not have 3 guys that are as explosvie but the guys we have can ALL score and complement each others games PERFECTLY. and if you know bball you know that whichever team wins in rebounds likely wins the game. and bosh is a griity guy but between noah and booz hes gonna get his skinny *** eaten alive. booz is gonna manhandle that dude. so the heat needs to come up with a defense for US cuz im sure tibbs is coming up with a defense for you.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Chalmers can't score? I never said the kid was going to put up 20 a night or something. I'm not a big fan of him, but the kid can create his own shot every once in a while.

He still needs to improve a lot of things in his game, but he can get to the rim and is an average 3pt shooter. He can give you 6 or 7 points a night. That's more than Arroyo is going to contribute, that was my point though. He would add scoring to the bench, since he's more of a scorer than Arroyo.

EXXXXXXXXXACTLY.:clap::clap:

Soo... how are your matchups overpowering us again? Cause at the PG position you basically just said you LOST MAAAAAJORLY. Rose can dump in 25-30pts on any given night. Then we have C.Watson coming in for him and he avg's 10ppg last yr BEHIND M. Ellis and S.Curry.

:cool:

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
You need to go check TMac's 3pt history. He may not be 40%+ from 3, BUT HE IS ALWAYS HIGH 30's. 37-38% from 3. So how is M Miller better when T-Mac will be shooting a very close % from 3 as well as pulling up, taking people off the dribble to the basket, and getting to the FT line ALOT<<???. M. Miller can't do that.:eyebrow: T Mac is a proven 24ppg scorer.....at worst he's a 14ppg scorer, and really thats all we need him to be. Anything greater is just a plus.

what is your deal? TMac is no longer the TMac of old, and Miller can spot up and hit in the upper 40 %. Tmac can not.
Man, you are very lacking on player evaluations. Please provide some evidence in your posts, of recent history, to suggest your opinions are valid on this subject

DanceGavinDance
07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Um, Bosh is clearly better than Boozer is dude. Bosh is clearly a more efficient offensive player, and their defense is both equally average. On top of that

And Noah is a warrior, but let's not mistake him for a low post presence. He gets his off hustle.

Further more, Miami doesn't need to dominate its interior matchups. Bosh will hold his own up front and cancel out at least one player. Outside LAL, nobody has a 1-2 punch worth being scared about up front when LeBron and Wade are lurking outside.

Yes, Bosh is the better player, however when they have matched up head-to-head 11 times, Boozer has gotten the better of Bosh.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=boozeca01

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:50 PM
How many pts are you guys expecting M. Miller to score?

somewhere around 9-14 a game. anything more is great

Hawkeye15
also, to those who say Bosh isn't physical, but Boozer is, Bosh draws fouls on 19.5% of his possessions, where Boozer draws on 15.7%. And they both play and inside outside game. It appears Bosh is looking for contact a little more actually

J_M_B

Stop pulling things out of your ***. Your the only one that looks like an idiot. I have yet to see you post anything that is knowledgeable.

Nobody has said Lebron is the greatest of all time, not even close. Most Heat fans in our forum don't even think he's the best player in the world right now.

When you bring up toughness, Miami has that in Haslem and Magloire. We have guys that will step up for eachother.

Your Bulls would crush the Heat in a street fight? Damn you must be 12 years old..

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes, Bosh is the better player, however when they have matched up head-to-head 11 times, Boozer has gotten the better of Bosh.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=boozeca01

the dynamics of matchups against Toronto, will be different with the Heat however. Bosh will no longer be the #1 option. You notice how Gasol's efficiency went through the roof when he moved to a 2nd option. The same will happen for Bosh. His looks will be so much easier now, its not even funny. Boozer had a better support system around him, and was clearly the #2 option on Utah.

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
and to that guy that said your better on the wings. no doubt you are. but the team that controls the paint wins! plain and simple. this isnt an nba live drive and dish shootout, this is real talk. we WILL control the paint and we WILL outrebound you. and like i said no wa cant stop superstar power. but you cant stop our offense either. unless you divide lebron into 5 and have him guard everyone. lamo

KINGBAIZE

Like I said. J.NOAH 11ppg/ 11rpg last season. 16ppg/13rpg Playoffs.

Unless you're not expecting Noah to improve...you're in denial. He's already a top Center with the numbers from last yr. Bosh got the numbers he did last yr because he dominated the ball and was looking for a big contract. Look at any numbers other than that, and BOSH and BOOZER are very close. In No Way is Bosh dominating Boozer.

XxigglesphanxX
ok guys this is ridiculous already. listen j m b. how you just deccribed haslem thats exactly taj. only taj can block shots and younger and more athletic. what you dont know is that i LIVE in miami so ive watched haslem play A LOT and hes peaked. taj is coming up. now lets stop with this bosh is top 10 garbage. no he aint, no way no how. just stop. ofcourse we cannot stop wade or lebron. no one can and thats a given. but these guys hhave been the primary option on offense there whole careers. this is not nba live, some video game, these guys have to learn to play with each other. and no no one can stop either of those guys but tell me who in the hell on the heat will stp the bulls? who?we may not have 3 guys that are as explosvie but the guys we have can ALL score and complement each others games PERFECTLY. and if you know bball you know that whichever team wins in rebounds likely wins the game. and bosh is a griity guy but between noah and booz hes gonna get his skinny *** eaten alive. booz is gonna manhandle that dude. so the heat needs to come up with a defense for US cuz im sure tibbs is coming up with a defense for you.

who can stop the bulls? who needs to? rose will have to lead your team in ppg then boozer then who is there to stop? deng? who?

justinnum1

:facepalm:

Your posts are terrible...welcome to my ignore list.

last stand
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM

he would have only signed a 1 year deal

so a sure ring is highly unlikely

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
oh nd miller shoots upper 40s in 3's? good for you. korver shoots 53% dumbasses

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
somewhere around 9-14 a game. anything more is great

10 sounds about the MAX. And thats what I expect... so HOW IS M. MILLER better than TMac? WTH?:mad:

Even TMac at his worst has done better than that. :facepalm:

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
and to that guy that said your better on the wings. no doubt you are. but the team that controls the paint wins! plain and simple. this isnt an nba live drive and dish shootout, this is real talk. we WILL control the paint and we WILL outrebound you. and like i said no wa cant stop superstar power. but you cant stop our offense either. unless you divide lebron into 5 and have him guard everyone. lamo

yay you will out rebound us! you only get rebounds when the other team misses or a couple offensive boards a game. you can out rebound us and we will shoot a higher percentage, makes sense, only not really. but its ok

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:56 PM

How will you control the paint? And Wade and LeBron both were all NBA defenders. Haslem, and MacGloire are tough vets that will do the dirty work down low. A Cavs team with absolutely no frontcourt beat the Bulls a few months ago. Adding Boozer and Bosh is nearly a cancel out. So how do you figure the Bulls win the interior matchup by enough, to offset how badly they will get killed at SG/SF?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
10 sounds about the MAX. And thats what I expect... so HOW IS M. MILLER better than TMac? WTH?:mad:

Miller is not better per say, though we won't know that until we see what McGrady looks like this season. But Miller fits a HUGE need, and that is a sniper on breakdowns.

KINGBAIZE

Your posts are terrible...welcome to my ignore list.

Again....what in that post isn't a fact.?

XxigglesphanxX

i didnt say he was better dont ask me

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Miller is not better per say, though we won't know that until we see what McGrady looks like this season. But Miller fits a HUGE need, and that is a sniper on breakdowns.

Ok...and so is K. Korver...and so is McGrady. And we have the best penetrating PG in the business.

last stand
07-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Bosh has become one of the most overrated players in the NBA this offseason. hes no better than amare other than being a far better rebounder

he's a very good 3rd option obviously because he was never a championship level 2nd option but hes not universes ahead of boozer like heat fans are making him out to be.

hes maybe a notch above him and equal to amare. offensive guys who play no defense

miami will win this series based on lebron and wade as long as they get into the paint.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Ok...and so is K. Korver...and so is McGrady. And we have the best penetrating PG in the business.

im done with this buddy, the bulls are the best team in the world, best team ever put together. you are like 12 you referred to toughness being a street fight and that proved something. please stop

gunsandtallica
rose has to lead my team in points is now an argument. jesus guys i live in mmiami and i watch the heat all the time. i know what they can or cant do. im not just talking crap. every single guy on my team with the exception of kurt thomas can be a double digit scorer. every single one. so dont give me an ignorant awnser like the heat doesnt have to play defense on the bulls. if the heat adopts that we can just outscore everyone **** then theyre in real trouble b4 it even starts

Hawkeye15

now youre starting to get it young man. Sometimes being the better overall player isn't the important thing. Sometimes skillsets are what is needed. You don't need numerous high usage players on the court at the same time. You need roles filled, and Miller brings it

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:03 PM
rose has to lead my team in points is now an argument. jesus guys i live in mmiami and i watch the heat all the time. i know what they can or cant do. im not just talking crap. every single guy on my team with the exception of kurt thomas can be a double digit scorer. every single one. so dont give me an ignorant awnser like the heat doesnt have to play defense on the bulls. if the heat adopts that we can just outscore everyone **** then theyre in real trouble b4 it even starts

yeah cause Miami has been a high pace type organization for a long time, right?....

smiddy012
07-26-2010, 03:03 PM
First of all, McGrady had microfracture surgery a year and a half ago, ussually it takes two years to heal from such a surgery.

Secondly, McGrady would be competing with Brewer for the starting SG spot. Just for the Bulls to have a starting SG who can hit the basket at a good clip would help them out alot. A line-up of...

Rose/Watson/?
McGrady/Brewer
Deng/Korver/JJ
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Thomas/Asik

can compete with anyone, especially if McGrady is healthy and somewhat productive. I actually think Brewer fits better with the second team than the first. With 10/11 guys who can give solid minutes, not to mention Thibbs, its going to be mighty hard to out work the Bulls.

last stand
07-26-2010, 03:04 PM
How will you control the paint? And Wade and LeBron both were all NBA defenders. Haslem, and MacGloire are tough vets that will do the dirty work down low. A Cavs team with absolutely no frontcourt beat the Bulls a few months ago. Adding Boozer and Bosh is nearly a cancel out. So how do you figure the Bulls win the interior matchup by enough, to offset how badly they will get killed at SG/SF?

length rules the NBA. haslem and magloire are not defensive length guys, they are both post defenders, while haslem is more of a rotating guy

rose is going to have a very easy series getting to the rim if they play

the only reason miami wins is because lebron and wade severly outmatch their starting SG and luol deng

it would be a close series. probably 6 games. but miami is going to be very weak inside. extremely. boston and orlando will be able to take extreme advantage of that. miami next season is basically 2009 atlanta on steroids

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM

yes bc the heat dont play d right? they werent one of the best defensive teams last year as well right?

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
man how can you be so sure youll shoot a better percentage?. thats an ignorant comment. i have admitted yes you guys have 2 of the 3 most explosive guys in the league. thats true. my offense is different, 5 guys that can ALL score, maybe not 40 but double digits. and no doubt well kill you on the boards. no doubt at all. thats fine if you guys dont wanna respect our offense. you will eventually. lamo

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
man how can you be so sure youll shoot a better percentage?. thats an ignorant comment. i have admitted yes you guys have 2 of the 3 most explosive guys in the league. thats true. my offense is different, 5 guys that can ALL score, maybe not 40 but double digits. and no doubt well kill you on the boards. no doubt at all. thats fine if you guys dont wanna respect our offense. you will eventually. lamo

please say the bulls are better than the heat straight up please do it as a team better you will be us in the playoffs if we play please do

Ovratd1up
07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
As a Bulls fan, I would take Mike Miller over T-Mac 117 times out of 118. And even though I think Gibson will be better than Haslem in the near future, maybe next year, I would easily trade McGrady and Gibson for Miller and Haslem.

Rose/Watson
Miller/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Haslem
Noah/Kurt/Asik

Stop being homers.

_Supreme_
07-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Tmac will end up doing just as much as he did for NY last season. Lots of hype and expectations, but in the end he will not make a difference.

Chicago also traded away the only guy they had capable of defending Wade, btw. Good luck with that next season.

I would advise my fellow HEAT fans to just stop debating with some of these delusional Bulls fans.

I know it is hard to ignore all the utter garbage that is being posted by some of them, but yeah, just let them rant. If they think their team with a couple of semi-stars plus a couple overrated guys & some alright-but-average consolation prize signees is going to be so awesome, let them. Nobody will "win" these arguments anyway, and they can go on forever. It's pointless.

They will shut up as soon as the actual games are being played, and reality strikes them in the face.

Stunner

lmao lol

J_M_B
oh nd miller shoots upper 40s in 3's? good for you. korver shoots 53% dumbasses

Miller is way more versatile..

He's more than just strictly a shooter. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim(even though he's not great getting to the line). One of the best shooters off the dribble.

Underrated passer. Excellent ball handling skills and has played point forward in the past. Great IQ

Above average on the boards and solid defensively.

mjqusoldier
07-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Heat will wins a bunch of games but wont win a ship next year

mjqusoldier
Miller sux

Jonathan2323
Mcgrady could be a good bench player and good for 18-22 mins a game, anything more he will break down.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Miami fans are forgetting ALLLLL about Defense. SMH. I guess they are forgetting that defense does matter when you play a team that can actually match you on any given night in points.

With that said, you would think that the team who with the best chance to win would be the one to produce the most defensive stops and get the most 2nd chance pts, which is CLEARLY "CHICAGO.

gunsandtallica
i didnt say that theryre not gonna be good defensively. wade and bron are great defenders. but its you who said the ignorant *** comment about the only person that you need to worry about is rose. you guys must now know who plays for chicago. EVERY guy EVERY guy on the bulls can score. EVERy one. and for gods sake if you want any shred of credibilty stop talking about jamal magloire. puhlease!

Hawkeye15
length rules the NBA. haslem and magloire are not defensive length guys, they are both post defenders, while haslem is more of a rotating guy

rose is going to have a very easy series getting to the rim if they play

the only reason miami wins is because lebron and wade severly outmatch their starting SG and luol deng

it would be a close series. probably 6 games. but miami is going to be very weak inside. extremely. boston and orlando will be able to take extreme advantage of that. miami next season is basically 2009 atlanta on steroids

Big Z, MaGloire, Bosh, Anthony, and Pittman represent plenty of size to not get killed by any unit outside possibly the Lakers up front.
And comparing a team that has the two best players in the NBA to the wet paper bag that was Atlanta is a bit much

Ramon Nivar
07-26-2010, 03:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_McGrady

Wikipedia is convinced he's a Bull.

XxigglesphanxX
Miami fans are forgetting ALLLLL about Defense. SMH. I guess they are forgetting that defense does matter when you play a team that can actually match you on any given night in points.

With that said, you would think that the team who with the best chance to win would be the one to produce the most defensive stops and get the most 2nd chance pts, which is CLEARLY "CHICAGO.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910MIA3.HTM
we had one of the best defensive teams last season why worry about it

Hawkeye15
when did these newbie Bulls fans invade the boards anyways?

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 03:13 PM
lmao at the guy that said it takes 2 years to get over microgracture surgery and its only been a year and a half. what a tool. cuz the season starts tmrow. lmao

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
lmao at the guy that said it takes 2 years to get over microgracture surgery and its only been a year and a half. what a tool. cuz the season starts tmrow. lmao

at McGrady's age, getting over microfracture surgery is successful if they can even put together a halfway decent season again. He will not be all that effective this season.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
someone please say the bulls are the better team than the heat please someone who really thinks its true please i wanna see it because you can argue all day but you havent said their the clear cut better team please

ramsizzle
07-26-2010, 03:16 PM
i dont know if anyone has said this....but im pretty sure if the heat and bulls play itll go like this matchup wise regarding the bigs...

Bosh....Noah
Anthony....Boozer

this is how i see the bulls getting the advantage and the only way we can win.

KINGBAIZE
http://www.82games.com/0910/0910MIA3.HTM
we had one of the best defensive teams last season why worry about it

Uhhh... MAybe because HALF of that defensive chunk of the team is GONE?:confused:

Stunner
someone please say the bulls are the better team than the heat please someone who really thinks its true please i wanna see it because you can argue all day but you havent said their the clear cut better team please

y would u want someone to say that it isnt true so shut up about.

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
us newbie bulls fans? homeboy you didnt even know what the heat was till espn told you about it in a one hour special about some guy coming out of the closet. plain and simple. play a freakin game before you talk about dynastys better yet win a title. and if you do win a title then my man enjoy it cuz we got 6

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Nobody will say the Bulls are better, and be able to back it up with rational. Sorry. The Bulls added a player many thought should have been moved out of the way for Milisap to start. I like the Korver signing, he can spread the floor, and I even like Asik, who can provide further depth at PF/C. But the Bulls will be overwhelmed so badly at the wing positions, not even Rose, and Boozer's contributions will be enough over 7 games.

XxigglesphanxX
Uhhh... MAybe because HALF of that defensive chunk of the team is GONE?:confused:

and we got better people in their place? dorrell wright, q, jo, were the only ones that played and while i understand jo played good post d i dont think it will matter much bc their joel is a very good post presence

KINGBAIZE
Big Z, MaGloire, Bosh, Anthony, and Pittman represent plenty of size to not get killed by any unit outside possibly the Lakers up front. And comparing a team that has the two best players in the NBA to the wet paper bag that was Atlanta is a bit much

:laugh2:

effen5

Bulls have a better team

Miami has better players

^^ True story

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:20 PM

you are really buying into the Noah/Boozer frontcourt, aren't you? Being classically guilty of overrating your team.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Bulls Heat head to head (Rose Noah era)
Wade and a bunch of tito's era

2008-09 heat win93-95, bulls win106-87 heat win90-77, heat win 130-127
2009-10 bulls win95-91 heatwin74-103 heat win95-87, heat win108-95 1-3

KINGBAIZE
and we got better people in their place? dorrell wright, q, jo, were the only ones that played and while i understand jo played good post d i dont think it will matter much bc their joel is a very good post presence

Dude...stop. Miami did not get 1 post player with better "POST DEFENSE" than J. ONEAL, and thats "INCLUDING BOSH".

"INCLUDING BOSH".

upt_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_McGrady

Wikipedia is convinced he's a Bull.

I think it got edited out already. :confused:

upt_
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
and Bulls > Heat. Since it's actually a team and won't depend on three goofs trying to touch the ball at all times.

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
we dont know our team is better. but neither do you. get off lebrons dick bro. seriously. just stop it.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Dude...stop. Miami did not get 1 post player with better "POST DEFENSE" than J. ONEAL, and thats "INCLUDING BOSH".

"INCLUDING BOSH".

if you read what i said i did include jo and i said joel is good. never did i say he was better i said he was good. read buddy you can do it

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
well this have been fun. Good luck in the regular season to both teams. Quite frankly, I would love the Bulls to get matched up with the Magic or Celtics first, and then we can all see what they are made of.

nanablvd
07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
I support his decision. Tmac wants to revive his career, and joining the heat makes him more of a bandwagon ring-chaser than someone who wants to re-prove his value and minutes. If he joins the Bulls and ends up starting for them, I'd be very happy for him.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM
we dont know our team is better. but neither do you. get off lebrons dick bro. seriously. just stop it.

when did i say anything about lebron?

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM
you are really buying into the Noah/Boozer frontcourt, aren't you? Being classically guilty of overrating your team.

If a PROVEN 20ppg/ 11rpg PF in Boozer, and a 11ppg/11rpg C in J. Noah is what you consider "overated, then "SO BE IT.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
wade with a bunch of tito's can beat and has proven that he can beat the bulls!
we just upgraded our point guard from chris quinn to arroyo!

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
i gurantee one of these guys leaves within 3 years. guarantee. they cant all sleep in the same bed for too long. no matter how much their gay ***** may want to. i mean seriously, would any straight guy be SO INTO what another guy is doing? oh dwayne ill go play with you, no wait chris i need you, wait lebron i love you too come play with us. puhlease! earn it yourself bunch of ****

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
i gurantee one of these guys leaves within 3 years. guarantee. they cant all sleep in the same bed for too long. no matter how much their gay ***** may want to. i mean seriously, would any straight guy be SO INTO what another guy is doing? oh dwayne ill go play with you, no wait chris i need you, wait lebron i love you too come play with us. puhlease! earn it yourself bunch of ****

***this is the only way miami can be beat! very good strategy

XxigglesphanxX

hey bud how bout you reply to some of the stuff where i called you out on your bull **** and not just ignore it.

dynasty69
chris quinn left the heat awhile back. idiot

just showing you how bad the heat was before and still able to beat the bulls stupid!!!

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Wow.. You really think the Bulls would be that much better in the frontcourt with Noah and Boozer? Miami can match up inside..

Joel Anthony is a defensive stud, Magloire is the enforcer, Big Z helps draw out big bodies with his mid range game, and Bosh is an established all star.

DodgerBulls
07-26-2010, 03:31 PM

Agreed. But I wonder why would Riley call him up everyday? To stay away from Miami?

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 03:31 PM
I need a Heat Fan to give me some Realistic Stats for their starting lineup. And please take under consideration that your team has 3 players who are all used to taking 20 or more shots per game to achieve their stats. So before you go on to put L.James 28ppg, Wade 26ppg, Bosh 26ppg.....please take that under consideration. (haha...cause we know you will do it.)

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
man o man did you just call anthony a stud? and magloire an enforcer? oh man that doesnt even deserve a comment. but ill comment anyway. in case you didnt know little kid, jamal magloire has ALWAYS been known for being a softy. thats been the knock on him his whole career

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I need a Heat Fan to give me some Realistic Stats for their starting lineup. And please take under consideration that your team has 3 players who are all used to taking 20 or more shots per game to achieve their stats. So before you go on to put L.James 28ppg, Wade 26ppg, Bosh 26ppg.....please take that under consideration. (haha...cause we know you will do it.)

all of their stats will go down yes thats a proven fact who said anything about stats where do you come up with this stuff

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
If a PROVEN 20ppg/ 11rpg PF in Boozer, and a 11ppg/11rpg C in J. Noah is what you consider "overated, then "SO BE IT.

you are overrating their ability to offset the complete *** whupping the Bull's wings will get.
Do you even have an elementary understanding of basketball? The heat were a great defensive team last season, with crap on it. Big Z came from a defensive team. Wade and LeBron are all NBA defensive wings, that will make getting the ball in the paint difficult in the first place. Noah is going to be used how? If they put him on Bosh, he will be drawn away from the rim or put in foul trouble.
We will all see what happens when the games are played. But Chicago went from first round knockout material, to having the ability to make a deeper postseason run. The Heat became instant contenders, and could be favorites by game 40.

XxigglesphanxX
man o man did you just call anthony a stud? and magloire an enforcer? oh man that doesnt even deserve a comment. but ill comment anyway. in case you didnt know little kid, jamal magloire has ALWAYS been known for being a softy. thats been the knock on him his whole career

magloire is no enforcer ill agree but joel is a stud on d you should watch him play might help you when youre talking about that team some time

dynasty69

that's the funny part, only one player on our team that goes off can beat your whole team!n The most important player on your team that can stop wade, you just traded!

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
and you guys keep bringim up boozer noah boozer noah while you talk all this garbage about your bench guys. well guess what taj is better than your "enforcer" magloire. and I dont even like kurt thomas. i never have. but hes more of an enforcer in one pinky tham magloire in his whole fatass body

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:36 PM

Big Z 7/4
Bosh 18/8
LeBron 23/10/8
Wade 26/5/5
Chalmers 9/7/2

fair enough? And per game stats are stupid anyways. The teams chemistry, efficiency, and defense are going to be their calling card if they want to win. And there is no way to plan for a last minutes timeout war with this team.

J_M_B

Chalmers: 7 points, 4 assists
Wade: 27 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists
LeBron: 23 points 8 rebounds, 9 assists
Bosh: 19 points, 11 rebounds
Anthony: 5 points, 6 rebounds, 2.5 blocks

KINGBAIZE
Wow.. You really think the Bulls would be that much better in the frontcourt with Noah and Boozer? Miami can match up inside..

Joel Anthony is a defensive stud, Magloire is the enforcer, Big Z helps draw out big bodies with his mid range game, and Bosh is an established all star.

Now ask yourself these questions.

Can Anthony stop C.Boozer? Can he match Noah's energy and hustle? NO
?
What is J. Magloire enforcing:burn:

When was the last time you saw Big Z's legs move? can he check Noah? NO

I recall Noah checking Lebron 1 on 1 in the playoffs, and other than a few petty calls to give Lebron free throws, he did a Helluva job.

So really. Ask yourself again who has the advantage downlow.

upt_
07-26-2010, 03:39 PM

2.5 blocks? what is he Dwight Howard ??:laugh2:

Chronz

Guy you dont post here much, if you did you wouldnt ask me to check stats, much less Tmacs. Hes always been a rhythm shooter with reckless abandon. When hes taking set shots all game (like he would in Miami) he wouldnt be that good at it.

And Im not talking about what Chicago got, Im talking about what Miami would have had. And for their team, Miller is the better fit. Its simple math/chemistry bro

Ill say this, one reason I would have faith in Mac is that he was such a bad shooter as a Knick that it has to be a fluke, in his final days in Houston, playing off of Yao, Artest, Mac was taking strictly set 3's, it seemed as if it was one aspect he tried to improve on, him shooting in the high 30's is the biggest reason Tmac had a PER at league average, and that was an injured Tmac. Of course that was only 33 games so that could be a fluke also (?), Ive watched him his entire career, and aside from 3 maybe 4 seasons, hes never been the kind of guy whos automatic when set/open. And as your athletic ability fades, your set shooting determines how long you stay in the league.

Hawkeye15
kingblaze, the Bulls have the advantage down low. But its not a big enough one to offset the Heat advantage on the perimeter.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
the funny part is, most of the bulls fan wanted bosh over boozer the whole free agency! Now boozer is like karl malone to them! lol!

We need to be scared of noah! he is hakeem olajuwon of the bulls!

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 03:41 PM
all of their stats will go down yes thats a proven fact who said anything about stats where do you come up with this stuff

You must have missed all the talk about "Why do the benches even matter in this matchup, when Miami will be shooting a wayy higher percentage.

So if Miami fans aren't expecting their bench to make any difference, and Defense dosn't seem to make a difference, they must be expecting to outscore Everyone in the league.

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 03:43 PM
2.5 blocks? what is he Dwight Howard ??:laugh2:

He's one of the best shot blockers in the NBA today..

In 15 minutes a game, he averaged 1.4 blocks. That's bound to go up given 30+ minutes a game.

I can understand from your view though, many people outside of South Florid don't even know who he is.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:45 PM
A bench of Big Z, Miller, Haslem, and Jamal have 200 playoff games under their belt. They will be expected to contribute, so not getting where Miami fans might be thinking that the bench doesn't matter like you are saying kingblaze

upt_
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
He's one of the best shot blockers in the NBA today..

In 15 minutes a game, he averaged 1.4 blocks. That's bound to go up given 30+ minutes a game.

I can understand from your view though, many people outside of South Florid don't even know who he is.

At max 2 blocks. Don't go overboard now. I know very well who he is.

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Bias.

How is that bias? You don't have to be a genius to know that Magloire is the opposite of soft. Joel Anthony is only valuable because of the defense he plays.

I'm not a bias. I'm one of the few Heat fans that don't think we can win it all this season. Let alone, reach the finals.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 03:48 PM

I think that you have Wade's ppg a little too high personally, but thats just me. I would say he and Lebrons are swapped from what you have here, and Bosh I would say around 16-17ppg.

BUT EVEN IF YOU KEEP YOUR STATS EXACTLY HOW YOU HAVE THEM

ROSE 23ppg, 4rpg, 8assist
BREWER 11ppg |McGrady 15ppg
L.DENG 16ppg
BOOZER 18ppg/ 11rpg
NOAH 11ppg/11rpg (possibly higher)

Look at the stats ...it's really close if you look at it. And I even dropped L. Deng's ppg, and Boozer's, showed NO improvement to Noah's stats, and didn't even mention our bench.

upt_
07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
How is that bias? You don't have to be a genius to know that Magloire is the opposite of soft. Joel Anthony is only valuable because of the defense he plays.

I'm not a bias. I'm one of the few Heat fans that don't think we can win it all this season. Let alone, reach the finals.

You are a smart man.

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
At max 2 blocks. Don't go overboard now. I know very well who he is.

That's fair. He does a lot more than block shots though, but is very raw offensively.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 03:52 PM
I think that you have Wade's ppg a little too high personally, but thats just me. I would say he and Lebrons are swapped from what you have here, and Bosh I would say around 16-17ppg.

L.DENG 16ppg
BOOZER 18ppg/ 11rpg

Look at the stats ...it's really close if you look at it. And I even dropped L. Deng's ppg, and Boozer's, and didn't even mention the bench.

stats are close but heat will be way better in win loss column

upt_
That's fair. He does a lot more than block shots though, but is very raw offensively.

We are in agreement then, good sir!

Ovratd1up
kingblaze, the Bulls have the advantage down low. But its not a big enough one to offset the Heat advantage on the perimeter.

While I certainly don't agree with KingBaize, in the NBA you don't win games with < or>'s.

In most cases, you win with efficient scoring, interior defense, and rebounding.

The Bulls win in two of those categories, though I do think their offense will be so efficient that it will be enough to offset the other two, especially in the regular season, and especially against non-contending type teams.

But they will have some trouble against the Celtics and Orlando, and maybe even the Bulls. But definitely the Lakers.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 03:55 PM

L.DENG 16ppg
BOOZER 18ppg/ 11rpg

Look at the stats ...it's really close if you look at it. And I even dropped L. Deng's ppg, and Boozer's, and didn't even mention the bench.

you are over on Rose, Brewer, Deng, and WAY over on McGrady. Rose's total points will diminish due to more of a distributing role. Brewer will not play enough with Korver and McGrady there to hit double figures. McGrady won't be a 15 ppg scorer this year, if ever again. Deng will be the major sufferer in the additional help. I will post this, and you can bookmark it haha

Rose 20/4/7
Brewer 8/4, McGrady 10/3
Deng 14/5, Korver 7/3
Boozer 18/9
Noah 12/12

ryang

L.DENG 16ppg
BOOZER 18ppg/ 11rpg

Just so everyone knows the bulls don't stand a chance against the HEAT... Orlando and Boston are the only teams in the east that stand a chance.... I really can't understand how you could feel any other way :confused: and please don't try to explain it because it's probably the dumbest comment anybody can make... The Bears will reach the super bowl this year would make for a better arguement...:facepalm:

KINGBAIZE
stats are close but heat will be way better in win loss column

I guess we'll have to see.;)

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Now ask yourself these questions.

Can Anthony stop C.Boozer? Can he match Noah's energy and hustle? NO
?
What is J. Magloire enforcing:burn:

When was the last time you saw Big Z's legs move? can he check Noah? NO

I recall Noah checking Lebron 1 on 1 in the playoffs, and other than a few petty calls to give Lebron free throws, he did a Helluva job.

So really. Ask yourself again who has the advantage downlow.

I never said Miami had the advantage down low, but they aren't too far behind.

Joel Anthony can't stop Boozer, but he can slow him down. He kept Howard quite all season when they matched up. Anthony might have a small frame at 6'9, but he makes that up with his defense.

Jamaal is the guy that protects your star player. In the Heat-Hawks series in '09, Magloire got right between Wade and a couple of Hawks players. He gave Zaza a black eye.. He doesn't have to do much for the team, but when someone takes a cheap shot, he will fire back.

Big Z just needs to camp out 16-18 feet from the basket, he will draw out centers, which would allow the big 3 to attack the basket.

We have a bunch of guys that know their roles.

Bulls frontcourt > Heat frontcourt

Nobody is denying that.

smith&wesson
as of right now who is the starting 2 for the bulls ?
mcgrady can help chicago alot.

specially with rose being the focus of the defence and having boozer as a 2nd option on offense. mcgrady would be a 3rd option on the floor and i think that can work out for him as long as he can stay healthy.

KINGBAIZE
you are over on Rose, Brewer, Deng, and WAY over on McGrady. Rose's total points will diminish due to more of a distributing role. Brewer will not play enough with Korver and McGrady there to hit double figures. McGrady won't be a 15 ppg scorer this year, if ever again. Deng will be the major sufferer in the additional help. I will post this, and you can bookmark it haha

Rose 20/4/7
Brewer 8/4, McGrady 10/3
Deng 14/5, Korver 7/3
Boozer 18/9
Noah 12/12

I mean... I hear your arguments, but yours make absolutely No sense.

So Rose isn't going to improve on scoring when his shooting % only keeps getting better, and he's been working on a 3pt shot? :rolleyes: SUUUUURE.

Then you said his points would suffer due to becoming more of a distributor, (BUT YOU GAVE HIM THE SAME AMOUNT OF ASSIST FROM LAST YR. "7pg". LOL You're funny.

Then you dropped Deng's scoring avg by 4pts, when the addition of Boozer will only create more space for his 48% jumper.:clap:

...Then you said Brewer would avg 8ppg, which is 3 or 4 fewer on a team in which he will be playing MORE MINUTES???:confused:

And until McGrady shows that he is anything less than a 14ppg scorer, he deserves at least the respect of that.

You just lost in everyone of your arguments.

Ovratd1up
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Rose 20/4/7
Brewer 8/4, McGrady 10/3
Deng 14/5, Korver 7/3
Boozer 18/9
Noah 12/12

Sorry, but you're slightly off too. You say Rose's scoring numbers won't go up because of a distributing role, but you barely even have his assists going up. As for Deng, he could have a very good year actually, but it would help a lot to have a three point shooter as the starting SG, even if it's Korver.

J_M_B
07-26-2010, 04:05 PM
We are in agreement then, good sir!

:hi5:

Ovratd1up
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Bulls frontcourt > Heat frontcourt

Nobody is denying that.

I am. Considering the best player in basketball is part of your frontcourt, I'll say

Bron/Bosh/Joel/Haslem>Deng/Booz/Noah/Gibson

However,

Artest/Pau/Bynum/Odom might be > than Bron/Bosh/Joel/Haslem

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:07 PM
as of right now who is the starting 2 for the bulls ?
mcgrady can help chicago alot.

specially with rose being the focus of the defence and having boozer as a 2nd option on offense. mcgrady would be a 3rd option on the floor and i think that can work out for him as long as he can stay healthy.

Between

R. BREWER, K.KORVER, and T. McGRADY

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Sorry, but you're slightly off too. You say Rose's scoring numbers won't go up because of a distributing role, but you barely even have his assists going up. As for Deng, he could have a very good year actually, but it would help a lot to have a three point shooter as the starting SG, even if it's Korver.

See how quickly somebody else noticed that.;)

These are all FACTS dude.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
I mean... I hear your arguments, but yours make absolutely No sense.

So Rose isn't going to improve on scoring when his shooting % only keeps getting better, and he's been working on a 3pt shot? :rolleyes: SUUUUURE.

Then you said his points would suffer due to becoming more of a distributor, (BUT YOU GAVE HIM THE SAME AMOUNT OF ASSIST FROM LAST YR. "7pg". LOL You're funny.

Then you dropped Deng's scoring avg by 4pts, when the addition of Boozer will only create more space for his 48% jumper.:clap:

...Then you said Brewer would avg 8ppg, which is 3 or 4 fewer on a team in which he will be playing MORE MINUTES???:confused:

And until McGrady shows that he is anything less than a 14ppg scorer, he deserves at least the respect of that.

You just lost in everyone of your arguments.

not really. Rose won't need the minutes, his ast% will go up, but his total assists probably won't rise much. He will also not shoot as much.
Deng is going to take a hit with Boozer down low. Deng won't play as many minutes either with Korver and McGrady there.
McGrady went for 8 ppg last season on pretty rough efficiency. And he relies on rythm for his game, and erratic pull ups, something his body is not capable of anymore.
Boozer is the only thing you have an argument for. He was on a good team, and still got his numbers. But with Gibson needing minutes, and the offense not going thru him on pick and rolls and high posts up like in Utah, he won't get any better

Trust me, you will lose any stat argument you can come up with me.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
btw, I gave Rose an extra assist per game.

KINGBAIZE
I am. Considering the best player in basketball is part of your frontcourt, I'll say

Bron/Bosh/Joel/Haslem>Deng/Booz/Noah/Gibson

However,

Artest/Pau/Bynum/Odom might be > than Bron/Bosh/Joel/Haslem

Here are the stats for that matchup "EVEN INCLUDING LEBRON in your FRONT COURT!!!

L.James 23pts
Bosh 17pts
Joel 4pts
Haslem8pts

Deng 18pts
Boozer 19pts
Noah11pts
Gibson 9-10pts

IT's WAYYYY CLOSER THAN YOU THINK.

dynasty69
See how quickly somebody else noticed that.;)

These are all FACTS dude.

if you want to talk about facts, these are the facts

heat vs bulls the last 2 years

6-2

that is with beasley our number 2 scorer
you guys still have the wade stopper in hinrich!!!
open your eyes pls!
Your best player derick rose is the 3rd best player in our team
you may have a better team chemistry as of now but we've managed to beat your team with just a one man assault!
I like noah but he's not a shaquille oneal

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Here are the stats for that matchup "EVEN INCLUDING LEBRON in your FRONT COURT!!!

L.James 23pts
Bosh 17pts
Joel 4pts
Haslem8pts

Deng 18pts
Boozer 19pts
Noah11pts
Gibson 9-10pts

compare your stats with the warriors and it will still be close! pls stop this dumb stats argument

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 04:16 PM
hey philly guy. i live in miami ive seen more heat games then you have guaranteed. and again all this talk about how if one guy from your team goes off. u have 3 that can. i have an entire team of guys that can score. and for gods sake with this our wings are so much better than urs. it would take a ****** to not see that. but its not like my wings are garbage. lmao deng is 17 to 18ppg guy and brewer can play too. games are won in the wing but titles are won in the paint. dont give me that joel anthony big z garbage. big z was a great talent. WAS! that guy is gonna break a hip with anything more than a light jog. noah and taj are gonna abuse those guys

gunsandtallica
07-26-2010, 04:17 PM
j n b stop with the joel anthony ****. he is def a good defender. but not a stud by any means. and whatever he gives u defensively you lose on offense cuz no ome needs to guard that piece of ****

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:18 PM
j n b stop with the joel anthony ****. he is def a good defender. but not a stud by any means. and whatever he gives u defensively you lose on offense cuz no ome needs to guard that piece of ****

The heat don't need Howard, Big Z, Anthony, or MaGloire to score much. That isn't their purpose.

h2r09
07-26-2010, 04:20 PM
i cant wait till the season starts. im getting so sick of this crap how these fans are making it seem like they can stop us because they have boozer and ronnie brewer. face it, nobody and i mean nobody has stopped either lebron or d wade in their entire career, and now they will be stopped because they are on the same team. you guys are thinking way to deeply into this. the heat have lebron and d wade and bosh. That is ridiculous.

XxigglesphanxX
so please make a post straight up that says the bulls are better all around. please do

ManRam
Guys. I know this is a really emotional topic for most of you, but baiting, insults, off-topic posts and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Cut it out, or you will be punished.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 04:21 PM
hey philly guy. i live in miami ive seen more heat games then you have guaranteed. and again all this talk about how if one guy from your team goes off. u have 3 that can. i have an entire team of guys that can score. and for gods sake with this our wings are so much better than urs. it would take a ****** to not see that. but its not like my wings are garbage. lmao deng is 17 to 18ppg guy and brewer can play too. games are won in the wing but titles are won in the paint. dont give me that joel anthony big z garbage. big z was a great talent. WAS! that guy is gonna break a hip with anything more than a light jog. noah and taj are gonna abuse those guys

heat bulls match up last 2 years with beasley manning the paint
6-2
end of story!

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:22 PM

L.James 23pts
Bosh 17pts
Joel 4pts
Haslem8pts

Deng 18pts
Boozer 19pts
Noah11pts
Gibson 9-10pts

dude, I entertained you on a random per game stat guess for a post, but in reality, these kinds of posts are beyond stupid, unvalidated, and you really don't have an understanding of statistics, so you probably want to back out of this with everyone.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
not really. Rose won't need the minutes, his ast% will go up, but his total assists probably won't rise much. He will also not shoot as much. Deng is going to take a hit with Boozer down low. Deng won't play as many minutes either with Korver and McGrady there.
McGrady went for 8 ppg last season on pretty rough efficiency. And he relies on rythm for his game, and erratic pull ups, something his body is not capable of anymore.
Boozer is the only thing you have an argument for. He was on a good team, and still got his numbers. But with Gibson needing minutes, and the offense not going thru him on pick and rolls and high posts up like in Utah, he won't get any better

Trust me, you will lose any stat argument you can come up with me.

Your D. Rose comments just make NO SENSE.
How is his assist not gonnna improve with a proven 20/11 PF downlow now? Have you forgotten that he has played his 1st 2 seasons without a scoring big man? Do you think he isn't gonna throw Boozer the ball or something?

It's funny how Heat fans can see Deng taking a hit offensively, but they can't seem to find D.Wade, Bosh, or Lebron taking a a hit and dropping offensively?:confused: HMM. Especially when all 3 of these guys achieve their totals by taking lots of shots. All Deng has to do is keep playing as he normally does. He still fits in our system...the addition of Boozer only opens him up when you have to double team Boozer pounding FRAIL MAN BOSH downlow.:D (L. DENG 47% career FG%... I doubt it will change.)

h2r09
07-26-2010, 04:24 PM

joel is a stud. not all around but he is a great defender. the whole no size argument for the heat will be gone after like 5 games when joel shows just how good he is. He is the main reason why dwight got shut down by the heat last year.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
dude, I entertained you on a random per game stat guess for a post, but in reality, these kinds of posts are beyond stupid, unvalidated, and you really don't have an understanding of statistics, so you probably want to back out of this with everyone.

And all I did was respond to your post, so what is the problem.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Your D. Rose comments just make NO SENSE.
How is his assist not gonna go up with a proven 20/11 PF downlow now? Have you forgotten that he has played his 1st 2 seasons without a scoring big man? Do you think he isn't gonna throw Boozer the ball or something?

It's funny how Heat fans can see Deng taking a hit offensively, but they can't seem to find D.Wade, Bosh, or Lebron taking a a hit and dropping offensively?:confused: HMM. Especially when all 3 of these guys achieve their totals by taking lots of shots. All Deng has to do is keep playing as he normally does. He still fits in our system...the addition of Boozer only opens him up when you have to double team Boozer pounding FRAIL MAN BOSH downlow.:D (L. DENG 47% career FG%... I doubt it will change.)

The Big three's numbers will drop. I would expect LeBron to go up in assists, and everyone else to go down a bit on everything. And you can't just use the fact that Boozer is on board now, when you eliminated all SG's from your roster capable of producing, and then expect Rose's ast% to rise a ton. I gave him an extra assist a game, and I think he may go for slightly more. But he isn't about to join the upper echelon of assist guys in the NBA. Not with his game. And the type of offense Thibedou runs will predicate Rose's assist opportunities. If he lets him have high usage, and runs pick and roll's left and right, Rose could very well get up near 10. If he continues to let Rose spread it, and penetrate, then Rose will again be more of a scoring PG

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM

stop fighting

this is the only real stat that matters as of right now and the only one that is a fact

***heat bulls match up last 2 years with beasley manning the paint
6-2
end of story***

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:31 PM

that wasn't a response to my post. I have no clue what you were even referring to

ldc62
07-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Mcgrady doesn't even know about winning... enough said. How can Sam Smith compare Rodman to Mcgrady; doesn't even make sense in any scenario (Tmac is a has-been). I guess seeing the Rockets make it past the 1st round when he was at home didn't humble him one bit.

TheTakeOver24
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
thats kool
a guy who averaged 3 ppg when he played for a good team last year turned the Heat down...
the Bulls are SOOOO lucky.... they only got spurned by 3 all stars in their prime but got a guy who can barely stay healthy long enough to step on the court.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:36 PM
All I'm gonna say is this. MIAMI will be Very good this year!..but until they have a solid center, a solid PG, and a bench "THEY CAN BE BEATEN".

kjoke
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
if bulls fans think boozer can be as good as last year there mistaken, last year he played with the best pg in the game and was a willing passer than scorer, rose althouhg is a great pg is not on the same level as williams esp assits wise, boozers numbers will go down, so will brewers and korvers. Noah is a great rebounder but offense wise, not so sure. McGrady is gonna be worse than he was in NY, he sucked where he could actually have the ball.

Brooklyn Mets
07-26-2010, 04:40 PM
maybe TMAC still thinks he can be a legit starter in the NBA :crazy:

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:41 PM
mcgrady doesn't even know about winning... Enough said. How can sam smith compare rodman to mcgrady; doesn't even make sense in any scenario (tmac is a has-been). I guess seeing the rockets make it past the 1st round when he was at home didn't humble him one bit.

is it or is it not fair to say McGrady knows about as much about winning as lebron and bosh?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
All I'm gonna say is this. MIAMI will be Very good this year!..but until they have a solid center, a solid PG, and a bench "THEY CAN BE BEATEN".

most obvious statement ever. Nobody is saying the Heat will win 82 games, and sweep everyone. But the argument being presented was the Bulls are so tough up front, they can beat the Heat. Which is not exactly true. The Heat will be, and should be, favorites to get through the east. They are just too stacked in all facets of the game. Even with just those three, and then add all the playoff experience and skillsets of their roster behind those three

dynasty69

yes! they can be beaten by the lakers!

Hawkeye15
is it or is it not fair to say McGrady knows about as much about winning as lebron and bosh?

McGrady and Bosh know about the same, sure.

Bearsfan54
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM

you got to be kidding me.... we can get whatever we want inside. Bosh is very overrated as you will see this year.

Lol Noah Boozer is a top 3 in the league

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:46 PM
McGrady and Bosh know about the same, sure.

But not Lebron huh?HAHA... he had 1 run where he got close because they played Atlanta in the 1st rd. :facepalm:

McGrady in his prime Vs. Lebron are pretty equal, and their achievements are equal too. (PLAYOFFS) (SCORING CHAMPS) ALL STAR GAMES.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
yes! they can be beaten by the lakers!

And Boston, annnnd Orlando....and Chicago.

Those 3 all have excellent chances at defeating Miami.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
But not Lebron huh?HAHA... he had 1 run where he got close because they played Atlanta 1 season 1st rd. :facepalm:

McGrady in his prime Vs. Lebron are pretty equal, and their achievements are equal too. (PLAYOFFS) (SCORING CHAMPS) ALL STAR GAMES.

McGrady has never been past the first round, and was actually 0-2 in series he was favored in. Now, there are countless reasons why, but he has not won in the postseason.
Now, I will give you this. McGrady in 2002-03, was very LeBron like. He was even a poor man's LeBron for a handful of years surrounding that year. But LeBron has already had a far better career than Tracy McGrady.

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
stop fighting

this is the only real stat that matters as of right now and the only one that is a fact

***heat bulls match up last 2 years with beasley manning the paint
6-2
end of story***

:clap: Absolutely...Mimai had a top 5 defense last year...We will have a better Defense this year...Wade and Bron are both DPOY candidates. Haters are in for a rude awakening.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
McGrady has never been past the first round, and was actually 0-2 in series he was favored in. Now, there are countless reasons why, but he has not won in the postseason.
Now, I will give you this. McGrady in 2002-03, was very LeBron like. He was even a poor man's LeBron for a handful of years surrounding that year. But LeBron has already had a far better career than Tracy McGrady.

A couple of those reasons was due to facing the Lakers 1st round in multiple seasons...going 6 or 7 games and losing.

Facing the Lakers 1st round vs. Lebron facing the Atlanta Hawks 1st round is a MAJOR difference.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 04:56 PM
A couple of those reasons was due to facing the Lakers 1st round in multiple seasons...going 6 or 7 games and losing.

Facing the Lakers 1st round vs. Lebron facing the Atlanta Hawks 1st round is a MAJOR difference.

ah, here come the excuses for your post being wrong.
LeBron has been to the finals, and the conference finals more than once, and has put up far better numbers with a pathetic cast.
There is no debate here. Stop it

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 04:56 PM
:clap: Absolutely...Mimai had a top 5 defense last year...We will have a better Defense this year...Wade and Bron are both DPOY candidates. Haters are in for a rude awakening.

i dont know why bulls fans keep ignoring this simple fact, oh well cant wait for the season to start

ankit
07-26-2010, 04:57 PM
A bold statement to make young mac or should i say injured mac. Dude get real, not only would he not get time in Miami but he would not be able to rejuvenate his career. Yes Mc.Grady last two seasons were a disappointment but this guy was a former superstar. A move to Miami would create extra drama in Miami if not enough already. Chcago with young rose turning dishing the ball could be just what the doctor had in store for MAc.

However i don't think he will ever get back to his superstar numbers in Orlando however i do see him coming off the bech and dropping 14 -15 a night provided he is healthy. Excellent pickup or bulls. For the minimum he can hav an extra incentive to play harder to cash a biger pay check next year.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 04:59 PM
And Boston, annnnd Orlando....and Chicago.

Those 3 all have excellent chances at defeating Miami.

on a 7 game series, boston and orlando can make an upset. On the other hand, ill give chicago one game, on a 3 OT game, all of the big three fouled out and spoelstra having a flu

BALLER71
07-26-2010, 04:59 PM

Or maybe we have better wing players than him? Miller, Wade, Lebron.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:00 PM
ah, here come the excuses for your post being wrong.
LeBron has been to the finals, and the conference finals more than once, and has put up far better numbers with a pathetic cast.
There is no debate here. Stop it

And he played the same teams to get there.

ATLANTA... ORLANDO. <<< WEAK.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 05:02 PM
And he played the same teams to get there.

ATLANTA... ORLANDO. <<< WEAK.

you still have zip point. And you know it. LeBron has enjoyed much more success than TMac. And there is no debating that. LeBron's last two seasons were more efficient than McGrady's great 02-03' season, and TMac gets beat up statistically pretty much all the other years.

Its a stupid argument to keep pushing man, cmon

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:05 PM
on a 7 game series, boston and orlando can make an upset. On the other hand, ill give chicago one game, on a 3 OT game, all of the big three fouled out and spoelstra having a flu

:laugh:

See. This is why we are having this debate. This is COMEDY! Boston and Orlando can take Miami 7 games, but Chicago could only win 1 game in a 7 game series????? :speechless: WOW.

I GUARANTEE: if Chicago and Miami meet in the playoffs we will go AT LEAST 6 games. AT LEAST. WIN or Lose.

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
besides, TMac never played the Lakers in the postseason dude. Remember, he called the Lakers to win against the team he was currently on, and not playing for due to injury
01-02'. Charlotte
02-03'. Detroit
04-05'. Dallas
06-07'. Utah
07-08'. Utah

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=KINGBAIZE;14302786]:laugh:

See. This is why we are having this debate. This is COMEDY! Boston and Orlando can take Miami 7 games, but Chicago could only win 1 game in a 7 game series????? :speechless: WOW.

I GUARANTEE: if Chicago and Miami meet in the playoffs we will go AT LEAST 6 games. AT LEAST. WIN or Lose.[

Welcome to the real world!

6-2 <---- what's your explanation to this???
end of story!

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:10 PM
you still have zip point. And you know it. LeBron has enjoyed much more success than TMac. And there is no debating that. LeBron's last two seasons were more efficient than McGrady's great 02-03' season, and TMac gets beat up statistically pretty much all the other years.

Its a stupid argument to keep pushing man, cmon

No. This "success" that you speak of is very much comparable. They have both been great scorers, who have reached the playoffs and been eliminated. Neither of them have Rings and are both fighting to get one.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=KINGBAIZE;14302786]:laugh:

I GUARANTEE: if Chicago and Miami meet in the playoffs we will go AT LEAST 6 games. AT LEAST. WIN or Lose.[

end of story!

and im being generous giving the bulls one game

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:12 PM

end of story![/QUOTE]

NOAH injury.......K. Hinrich injury... J. Salmons traded..... No Power forward...any other questions?

Still made the Playoffs and gave everybody we faced HELL!

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 05:12 PM
No. This "success" that you speak of is very much comparable. They have both been great scorers, who have reached the playoffs and been eliminated. Neither of them have Rings and are both fighting to get one.

no, they are not comparable. McGrady has zero playoff success, LeBron does. I guess Stockton and Malone have no playoff success in your evaluation of their careers.
And LeBron's prime has a bigger sample size already, and has better numbers.

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=dynasty69;14302822]

and im being generous giving the bulls one game

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:15 PM

I coulda swore we took Boston 7 games without a PF. And now we have 1 that avg's 20/11, and Boston has a chance for an upset against Miami, but we don't.

THE LACK OF LOGIC CONTINUES....:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
07-26-2010, 05:16 PM
why does anyone pay attention to someone who posts in absolutes on this? Of course Chicago can beat Miami. But in 7 games, the more talented team prevails. And that would be Miami right now.

kjoke
07-26-2010, 05:18 PM
in a 7 game series miami 4-1
bulls cant keep up

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Of course Chicago can beat Miami. But in 7 games, the more talented team prevails. And that would be Miami right now.[

I will respect your "opinion" on this statement... but even if it is true...Only by a matter of Superstar given free throws in the 4th quarter.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 05:19 PM
:laugh:

end of story!

end of story!

NOAH injury.......K. Hinrich injury... J. Salmons traded..... No Power forward...any other questions?

no lebron james, no chris bosh,
chris quinn, diawara on our regular rotation
spoelstra running only one play the whole game

KINGBAIZE
07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
why does anyone pay attention to someone who posts in absolutes on this? Of course Chicago can beat Miami. But in 7 games, the more talented team prevails. And that would be Miami right now.

I will respect your "opinion" on this statement... but even if it is true...Only by a matter of Superstar given free throws in the 4th quarter.

effen5
07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
i dont know why bulls fans keep ignoring this simple fact, oh well cant wait for the season to start

Heres a simple fact...

You lost EVERYONE from last year....sure you guys have three huge upgrades but thats it...we have NO CLUE HOW THE HEAT WILL PLAY

While the Bulls upgraded in EVERY position including the bench.

This whole thread is dumb

Bulls fans vs Miami fans are dumb

:facepalm: to all of us

LA_Raiders
07-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Good fit for the Bulls...

dynasty69
I coulda swore we took Boston 7 games without a PF. And now we have 1 that avg's 20/11, and Boston has a chance for an upset against Miami, but we don't.

THE LACK OF LOGIC CONTINUES....:facepalm:
FYI garnett is injured that year

being close to winning is not the same as winnning. you should compare bulls to the hawks, they almost beat the boston celtics

KINGBAIZE
no lebron james, no chris bosh,
chris quinn, diawara on our regular rotation
spoelstra running only one play the whole game

But you still had Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, and J. Oneal.:confused:

C'moooon son.

Look at the matchups when everybody played for both teams.

effen5
07-26-2010, 05:25 PM
6-2
end of story!

and who cares?

Both teams are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from last 2 years.

Only players we've really kept from last 2 years

Rose Noah Deng

Only real players you've kept
Wade

Both rosters are completely different so bringing up the past two years is commpletely irrelevant.

dynasty69
07-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Heres a simple fact...

You lost EVERYONE from last year....sure you guys have three huge upgrades but thats it...we have NO CLUE HOW THE HEAT WILL PLAY

While the Bulls upgraded in EVERY position including the bench.

This whole thread is dumb

Bulls fans vs Miami fans are dumb

:facepalm: to all of us

you know why teams are dying to get superstars?! because they can make them instant contenders. Are you a pacers fan?

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 05:26 PM
and who cares?

Both teams are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from last 2 years.

Only players we've really kept from last 2 years

Rose Noah Deng

Only real players you've kept
Wade

Both rosters are completely different so bringing up the past two years is commpletely irrelevant.

effen5
07-26-2010, 05:27 PM
you know why teams are dying to get superstars?! because they can make them instant contenders. Are you a pacers fan?

Im a bulls fan but these threads are getting ********.

effen5

Im sorry did you keep someone else on your roster that Im not aware of?

KINGBAIZE
FYI garnett is injured that year

being close to winning is not the same as winnning. you should compare bulls to the hawks, they almost beat the boston celtics

Did it really matter though? I mean our starting PF at that time was tyrus thomas, and Big Baby put up better numbers in that series than KG did this yr. The odds were still about the same, and we were right there.

effen5
07-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Did it really matter though? I mean our starting PF at that time was tyrus thomas, and Big Baby put up better numbers in that series than KG did this yr. The odds were still about the same, and we were right there.

Yes it does matter, KG would have been a huge difference in that series.