PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs should retire lebrons jersey

phizics44
07-26-2010, 06:54 AM
I think cleveland retire lebrons jersey. He is the best player to ever play for the cavs past or present. He is the only MVP to ever play for cavs. He took the cavs to there only finals appearence. Regardless of how people feel he is and was the best thing to ever happen to the cleveland organization period. Him and him alone made the cavs relevant in the nba. The 7 years he played for the cavs were the best 7 years in cavs history.

Heater4life
07-26-2010, 07:20 AM
idk...maybe in time. then again, it could be a.l.a tim hardaway and alonzo mourning for the Heat. They didnt start here, but they soldified themselves in the organization and had their jerseys retired. Idk if cleveland does that....

phizics44
07-26-2010, 07:28 AM
idk...maybe in time. then again, it could be a.l.a tim hardaway and alonzo mourning for the Heat. They didnt start here, but they soldified themselves in the organization and had their jerseys retired. Idk if cleveland does that....

Of course in time probably after he retires. But should eventually retire his jersey. He did everything but win a ring there. He was a 2 time mvp in a cav jersey. Let's be serious he is the best player in cavs history and it probably remain as long as there is a team in cleveland.

Enemey
07-26-2010, 07:34 AM
He was the best thing to happen to cleavland organization ? After what Lebron did to that city I think they wish they would have never drafted Lebron. Those 7 years are burned just like his jerseys. lol It will be a long time for Dan to even think about retiring his number. I guess Carter should get his number retired by the Raptors and Shaq jersey by the Magic.

akagiredsuns
07-26-2010, 07:39 AM
You serious? After what happened I doubt Cleveland will retire his jersey. I agree with Enemey. They wish they didn't draft the guy. Now if he got a ring with them and then left, I can see that. But after all he said about Cleveland and then ditched them, no way will his jersey be retired. Maybe burned up high there. LOL that would be epic. Retire his jersey. Please!!! :facepalm:

phizics44
07-26-2010, 07:53 AM
You serious? After what happened I doubt Cleveland will retire his jersey. I agree with Enemey. They wish they didn't draft the guy. Now if he got a ring with them and then left, I can see that. But after all he said about Cleveland and then ditched them, no way will his jersey be retired. Maybe burned up high there. LOL that would be epic. Retire his jersey. Please!!! :facepalm:

First of all separate basketball from emotion. Lebron James probably top 5 player you have witnessed in your lifetime. To say they wished they never drafted him is crazy. He revitalized cleveland whole economy. James made a whole lot of people rich in cleveland. Free agent means you can anywhere you want that's not ditching. In my eyes he left the organization not the city. If he would have picked cleveland and did it on tv nobody would even say anything. His teammate was screwing his mom and people throughout the organization knew about it and he was the last to know and you want talk about loyalty.

phizics44
07-26-2010, 07:57 AM
He was the best thing to happen to cleavland organization ? After what Lebron did to that city I think they wish they would have never drafted Lebron. Those 7 years are burned just like his jerseys. lol It will be a long time for Dan to even think about retiring his number. I guess Carter should get his number retired by the Raptors and Shaq jersey by the Magic.

Come on neither shaq or carter left the type of mark that lebron has left on cleveland with the raptors or magic.

phizics44
07-26-2010, 07:58 AM
The question is should they not will they.

Gators123
07-26-2010, 08:03 AM
They should, but they won't.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
07-26-2010, 08:13 AM
They should, but they won't.

Agreed

todu82
07-26-2010, 08:21 AM
I doubt they do it.

faridk89
07-26-2010, 08:26 AM
he was the best thing to happen to cleavland organization ? After what lebron did to that city i think they wish they would have never drafted lebron. Those 7 years are burned just like his jerseys. Lol it will be a long time for dan to even think about retiring his number. I guess carter should get his number retired by the raptors and shaq jersey by the magic.

+1

heatfan03
07-26-2010, 08:34 AM
you dont retire the best player ever cause he was the best, they still have to do soemthing meaningful as far as winning championships in most cases (ie tim hardaway etc)

hans dolo
07-26-2010, 08:38 AM
the fans already retired his jersey. that should be enough.

Russell_Roberts
07-26-2010, 08:56 AM
the fans already retired his jersey. that should be enough. thats what i thought. by fire. and garbage. i honestly think that you cannot buy a lebron jersey in clevland im not sure though

rhymeratic
07-26-2010, 08:56 AM
They'll retire MJ to the rafters b4 they ever do Lebron. You can count on that!

phizics44
07-26-2010, 09:05 AM
you dont retire the best player ever cause he was the best, they still have to do soemthing meaningful as far as winning championships in most cases (ie tim hardaway etc)

So you think phoenix isn't retire nash jersey and he's not gonna win a championship. Lebron is a 2 time mvp just like nash. Kidd is gonna get his jersey retired somewhere he doesn't have a ring. Ewing jersey is retired he didn't win anything. Reggie miller does not have a ring you think that's gonna stop indiana. The list goes on and on. So to say you don't retire the best player that ever played for your franchise just because he doesn't have a ring is BS.

phizics44
07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
thats what i thought. by fire. and garbage. i honestly think that you cannot buy a lebron jersey in clevland im not sure though

His miami jersey sold out in cleveland within hours. GOOGLE IT

phizics44
07-26-2010, 09:10 AM
They'll retire MJ to the rafters b4 they ever do Lebron. You can count on that!

Not will they should they

projectk7
07-26-2010, 09:26 AM

1. Carter was never an MVP. Carter was not thought of as the best player in the league. Carter never got them to the Finals. Carter cried and pretended to be hurt until he was traded.

Stupid Comparison.

2. Shaq only played 4 seasons in Orlando, may not be enough service on that team. Shaq never won an MVP award for Orlando. Shaq wasn't considered the best player in the league at the time.

Not a horrible comparison. If Shaq had stayed in Orlando for a few more years, why not retire his number. The only thing holding him back from having his number retired from Orlando is the fact he played there too little and that he was never MVP.

kbrill21
07-26-2010, 09:33 AM
I think they should let the guy on the end of the bench wear 23. Maybe that Christian Evenga guy they just signed.

king4day
07-26-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't think they should. 7 years and one finals appearance is big but not 'retire the jersey big'.
He ditched the team so there's no reason he should be recognized for essentially failure.

Even though he put the team on the map, he also single handedly took them off.

joel47802
07-26-2010, 09:36 AM
I dont think Lebron even wants his jersey retired with the way they burned it and everything like that. But as long as Dan Gilbert owns the cavs its sure as hell not happening

phizics44
07-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't understand all the hate. He went against every major stereotype of a pro athlete.

1) He took less money

2) He went to the heat to win a ring

What is the problem?

rever
07-26-2010, 09:42 AM
First of all separate basketball from emotion. Lebron James probably top 5 player you have witnessed in your lifetime. To say they wished they never drafted him is crazy. He revitalized cleveland whole economy. James made a whole lot of people rich in cleveland. Free agent means you can anywhere you want that's not ditching. In my eyes he left the organization not the city. If he would have picked cleveland and did it on tv nobody would even say anything. His teammate was screwing his mom and people throughout the organization knew about it and he was the last to know and you want talk about loyalty.

Seperate basketball from emotion?LIke the Cavs owner.haha It would be his decision,and it will never happen

Russell_Roberts
07-26-2010, 09:48 AM
His miami jersey sold out in cleveland within hours. GOOGLE IT

do you have a link because i cannot find it

Jamiecballer
07-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Of course they should. And once they get over it and have a chance to look at things in perspective, they will.

t_money25
07-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Great points......Dan Gilbert is mostly upset because he lost his cash cow. He's gonna miss about 100 million a year on revenue that Lebron brought him. Hell I'd be upset too after losing that much money

TheWatcher34
07-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Mike James should sign with Cleveland and wear jersey #23 !!

EaglesJackson10
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
No they shouldn't he never won them anything and then insulted their fans on a national stage.

phizics44
07-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Great points......Dan Gilbert is mostly upset because he lost his cash cow. He's gonna miss about 100 million a year on revenue that Lebron brought him. Hell I'd be upset too after losing that much money

But would you be upset enough to assasinate his character in the media.
Plus my thing is this delonte was screwing his mom. Now gilbert may not have known at first but he found eventually. Now this is your star player, your telling me just to show loyalty and solidarity gilbert couldnt have got rid of west asap?

phizics44
07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
No they shouldn't he never won them anything and then insulted their fans on a national stage.

They didn't trade or waive the player that screwed his mom.

xxseven72ducexx
07-26-2010, 10:09 AM
No, they should not retire his jersey, yes he was the greatest player in that teams history, yes he was an All-Star 6 times, yes he was MVP 2 seasons in a row BUT he didn't do anything significant for that franchise. Yes he brought them to ONE NBA Finals in 7 years but he didn't even win it the ONE time he was there...I see why people think it should be retired because he was the greatest player to play for Cleveland but he didn't achieve anything significantly worthy of having his jersey retired. In most cases if not all, you retire the jersey of somebody the franchise CURRENTLY loves and is happy to have had around, LeBron is no longer someone they admire or are going to show love for. They're trying to rid the city of Cleveland of everything LeBron, such as the huge mural that was taken down recently. I highly doubt that they're going to put something back up of him, especially a No. 23 jersey with the name JAMES on the back that would be hanging in the rafters of EVERY home game for the rest of the franchises history.

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 10:17 AM
So you think phoenix isn't retire nash jersey and he's not gonna win a championship. Lebron is a 2 time mvp just like nash. Kidd is gonna get his jersey retired somewhere he doesn't have a ring. Ewing jersey is retired he didn't win anything. Reggie miller does not have a ring you think that's gonna stop indiana. The list goes on and on. So to say you don't retire the best player that ever played for your franchise just because he doesn't have a ring is BS.

hmm reggie miller was a lifelong pacer. ewing was a lifetime knick. and kidd won't have his jersey retired by anyone, he played for too many teams for too short of time. james will not, nor should he have his number retired. why would you retire the jersey of someone who killed the fans? so every game the fans would have to go and see his jersey and have so much resentment. if lebron finishes his career in miami no way in hell does his jersey get retired in cleveland

sep11ie
07-26-2010, 10:17 AM
U should retire from PSD

xbrackattackx
07-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Yea, that way no one wearing the no. 23 will ever **** them over again.

phizics44
07-26-2010, 10:23 AM
hmm reggie miller was a lifelong pacer. ewing was a lifetime knick. and kidd won't have his jersey retired by anyone, he played for too many teams for too short of time. james will not, nor should he have his number retired. why would you retire the jersey of someone who killed the fans? so every game the fans would have to go and see his jersey and have so much resentment. if lebron finishes his career in miami no way in hell does his jersey get retired in cleveland

What about nash and iverson

Mr.Chi-Town
07-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I say they give the number to west.(he already got lebrons moms # he may as well have lebrons too.) sorry couldnt resist.

prodigy
07-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Lebron played great for Cleveland no Question about that. But he always choked in big games and he screwed Cleveland on national TV. Should the Browns retire John Elway's jersey? lol, he did the same thing.

To have your number retired you should be a good player and a good person to the community. Lebron never cared about Cleveland. He wore Yankee hats to Indians games, Cowboy crap to Browns games.

So screw Lebron, no reason to retire his jersey, But i would like for the cavs to retire him next season. Left knee Leon Powe, do it.

tking07
07-26-2010, 10:32 AM
I don't think they should retire his jersey at all. He burned them like the fans burned his jerseys.

tjlipford
07-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Im glad to see that most people on here understand how Cleveland feels. We should not retire his jersey. For what? He **** on the city and did not give a ****. He led us on for years about being championship contenders etc... when the whole time he had this plan to leave and never really wanted to stay here.

Years ago when we had a chance to sign Michael Redd, he wouldnt even pick him up from the airport, but he can pick Fisher, Miller and Z up for the Heat? The Cavs organization kept a lot of info underwraps while Lebron was here. A lot of new info has come out now that he is gone. As much as he built the city up and took the city to new levels he tore it all down with the 1 hour presentation of "the decision". He has been doing ***** ****, but we as fans were never exposed to it because the media in Cleveland tried to make Lebron look like he was so perfect. We tried to get players but he was never committed so they would not come here. Lebron never cared anything about Cleveland, I dont care what lies he tells anybody.

Not that he even cares but his name aint good in Cleveland no more. If u think otherwise then u must be mistaken.

Again we all would have been disappointed if he had left but we would have respected it a little more if he went about it in a more normal way, but he didnt. He got on National TV with high ratings and lied about how hard of a decision it was etc.. He said **** Cleveland I dont give a **** about Cleveland.

Never retire his jersey here in Cleveland. Let the Heat retire his jersey!!!

tking07
07-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I say they give the number to west.(he already got lebrons moms # he may as well have lebrons too.) sorry couldnt resist.

:laugh: - That would be GREAT!

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 10:35 AM

iverson didn't spurn his team. he was traded and cried when he was traded. and nash is just a different person. he was drafted by PHO, and has come back home and will finish his career there. when its all said an done nash will have 10+ years under the suns organization which will probably equal a retired jersey.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 10:36 AM
nope, i believe jerseys should only be retired if the player had stayed at that team at least the first 3/4ths of his career. For instance, Jordan came out of retirement to play for the wizards but his number was still retired in Chicago. Does anyone know of any other players whose jerseys have been retired and they left the team about halfway through their career? This is not a rhetorical question, Im just curious if the instance has actually happened where they retired someones jersey and that person only played for that team for part of his NBA career.

LA_Raiders
07-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I think cleveland retire lebrons jersey. He is the best player to ever play for the cavs past or present. He is the only MVP to ever play for cavs. He took the cavs to there only finals appearence. Regardless of how people feel he is and was the best thing to ever happen to the cleveland organization period. Him and him alone made the cavs relevant in the nba. The 7 years he played for the cavs were the best 7 years in cavs history.

You are right, but the way he left? No way.

DengelBerry
07-26-2010, 10:46 AM

i can see there jersey now, with "James New Daddy" on the back

blastmasta26
07-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm fine with LeBron's decision to leave, but I'm sure Cleveland isn't because of the way he left. You have to be an accomplished player, as well as a respected/liked player by the fans to have your number retired. LeBron had his individual accomplishments, but he lost the love he used to get in Cleveland.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 10:54 AM
They definitely should. He was easily the greatest Cav ever. As long as that idiot isn't still the owner it will happen.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 10:59 AM
if at the end of his run with the heat he ends up back in cleveland for a season or two and he retires a cav then yes they should but knowing how gilbert was i doubt that would ever happen.

phizics44
07-26-2010, 11:00 AM
The crazy thing is this. Heat fans don't have a problem and that's how I feel about everybody else if they were in this situation. If he picked your team you wouldn't care and if a teams star player would have picked the cavs they wouldn't care either, especially now since they felt like they been done dirty.

bigsams50
07-26-2010, 12:14 PM
THey should. But they wont

mikantsass
07-26-2010, 12:25 PM
How can they not? He is the best player in their franchise's history.

Unruly Fan
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Nope. Aside from solo achievements, he hasn't really accomplished anything too significant for the Cav's franchise as a whole.

mcohio
07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I definately think we should retire the number 23. In honor of the G.O.A.T, Michael Jordan.

LeBron was all about honoring him... so there you go. The Cavs show LeBron about as much respect as he showed them and NE Ohio. :)

BkOriginalOne
07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Who gets their number retired after 7 years of play?
He's going to play out the majority of his career for other teams.
BTW Lebron had 23, kinda weird to retire the number of the former player that destroyed you every time (Jordan) and the one who gave you hope and left you to rot (james)

The L Train
07-26-2010, 01:04 PM
There's no way they should retire his jersey, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone who doesn't know that Lebron quit on the Cavs during the playoffs obviously didn't watch the series. I could care less that he left Cleveland. For all intents and purposes he left during the most important series of the franchise existence.

Bottom line: He quit on the Cavs at the most important time in their history. His personal stats do not make up for that and do not earn him a retired jersey.

Steelers23_06
07-26-2010, 01:11 PM
There's no way they should retire his jersey, that's absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone who doesn't know that Lebron quit on the Cavs during the playoffs obviously didn't watch the series. I could care less that he left Cleveland. For all intents and purposes he left during the most important series of the franchise existence.

Bottom line: He quit on the Cavs at the most important time in their history. His personal stats do not make up for that and do not earn him a retired jersey.

your a clown i hate when people try to act like they know sports...how do you not retire the leader in pretty much every stat aside from rebounding. so this is the most important time. and since he left he shouldnt get the right to have his jersey retired forget bringing them to their first finals EVER. forget single handedly beating teams in the playoffs. all thats doesnt matter the only thing that matters is he left...that makes sense give it time to heal but once dan gilbert either matures and gets over it or they change ownerships his number will be retired. look at ilgauskas he quit the same time as lebron but im willing to bet everything upto my last penny that his # gets retired and he quit at "the most important time in cavs history as well" so whats your point?

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 01:12 PM
The crazy thing is this. Heat fans don't have a problem and that's how I feel about everybody else if they were in this situation. If he picked your team you wouldn't care and if a teams star player would have picked the cavs they wouldn't care either, especially now since they felt like they been done dirty.

look i don't care that lebron left the cavs. i'm an orlando fan and i think the games between orlando and miami are going to be epic for years to come. i for one can see why he went to miami..i don't burn him for going there. but the way he went out of his way to make free agency ALL about him, kept pointing everything that he was staying in cleveland for the past couple years, then to completely burn every cleveland fan, player, team rep....that is WAAAAAY too many burnt bridges. he will never get his number retired in a cav uni. he will be booed like you'll never believe when he goes in there. lebron went from the most loved cav of all time to the most hated of all time. you don't retire that jersey

tangent12
07-26-2010, 01:13 PM
A loser shouldn't get his jersey retired anywhere. Perhaps some recognition by the city for his impact in the economy or something alike but as far as basketball goes the guy is a loser.

Steelers23_06
07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
A loser shouldn't get his jersey retired anywhere. Perhaps some recognition by the city for his impact in the economy or something alike but as far as basketball goes the guy is a loser.

okay if giving them the best record in franchise history, bring them there only MVP, making a team better every season he played, putting up numbers of great players, making a city millions upon millions of dollars makes him a oser what does that make you? he is no loser...now the cavs are losers and will be for a longgggggggg time and have been before him.

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
your a clown i hate when people try to act like they know sports...how do you not retire the leader in pretty much every stat aside from rebounding. so this is the most important time. and since he left he shouldnt get the right to have his jersey retired forget bringing them to their first finals EVER. forget single handedly beating teams in the playoffs. all thats doesnt matter the only thing that matters is he left...that makes sense give it time to heal but once dan gilbert either matures and gets over it or they change ownerships his number will be retired. look at ilgauskas he quit the same time as lebron but im willing to bet everything upto my last penny that his # gets retired and he quit at "the most important time in cavs history as well" so whats your point?

i'll take that bet. lebron james is the most hated guy in cleveland. cleveland fans do NOT forget wrong doers. if MJ would have just left after 7 years the same exact way lebron left cleveland, chicago would have never forgot that and would not have alllll of the stuff up for him and his number would not be retired by them

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 01:21 PM
okay if giving them the best record in franchise history, bring them there only MVP, making a team better every season he played, putting up numbers of great players, making a city millions upon millions of dollars makes him a oser what does that make you? he is no loser...now the cavs are losers and will be for a longgggggggg time and have been before him.

the number 1 reason why his number WILL NEVER be retired in cleveland

topdog
07-26-2010, 01:28 PM
People will retire jerseys over nothing these days... Is that really how you want to define your franchise: we've been so crappy that we should retire the jersey of the guy who didn't win any titles, turned our organization into a circus and then left on national t.v.

IMO, Lebron didn't do enough to have his jersey retired. Guys who win titles or who spend their whole career fighting for a team (or until they are traded - KG) deserve jersey retirement.

Steelers23_06
07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
look at the question its says should it not will it and after all he has done for cleveland he deserves his number retired there if your the best player in teams history your number deserves to be retired how can you argue against that?

Still.I.Rise
07-26-2010, 01:33 PM
thats what i thought. by fire. and garbage. i honestly think that you cannot buy a lebron jersey in clevland im not sure though

That says it all :laugh:

netsgiantsyanks
07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
They definitely should. He was easily the greatest Cav ever. As long as that idiot isn't still the owner it will happen.

do you not understand what he did to the state of cleveland and how he did it?? the cavs went from a 60 win team to barely even getting 40. then again, you're a heat fan.

kyleh1987
07-26-2010, 01:46 PM
the cleveland cavaliers should retire number 23. it should just have "Jordan" on the back of it.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Other Players who have played for multiple teams and had their jerseys retired:

Charles Barkley; 76ers and the Suns
(didnt win a championship for either)

Wilt Chamberlin; Golden State, L.A. and 76ers

Dr. J; NY and 76ers

Bob Lanier; Detroit and Bucks

Moses Malone; Houston and 76ers

Earl Monroe; NY and Washington

Oscar Robertson; Kings and Bucks

The Fans; Orlando and Sacremento (for real)

Nate Thurmond; Clevland and Golden State

I thought that was pretty interesting. Wilt has his jersey retired at 3 DIFFERENT stadiums

t_money25
07-26-2010, 01:57 PM
But would you be upset enough to assasinate his character in the media.
Plus my thing is this delonte was screwing his mom. Now gilbert may not have known at first but he found eventually. Now this is your star player, your telling me just to show loyalty and solidarity gilbert couldnt have got rid of west asap?

Oh no I agree with you 100%......I think Dan Gilbert was completely out of line with the way he handled it. The point I was making was how much he was gonna suffer financially because Lebron left.

As far as retiring his jersey I voted yes. Lebron has done more than enough on the court to have his jersey retired. He's the best player by FAR the Cavs have ever had. If any other previous Cavs player has their number retired then this question is a no brainer for me. If fans wanna say no he shouldn't have his number retired they need to admit that's solely because of the way he left Cleveland.

writ42
07-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Delonte West should change his jersey so he now wears LeBron's old number. So no, it shouldn't be retired

MickeyMgl
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Carter won't but Shaq will. So will Lebron, probably.

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:03 PM
i love all these cleveland fans. they really dont respect the guy for leaving to play with two other all stars who wouldnt have done that if he had the chance??? can you blame him? he single hand took them to the finals. your FO is horrible, what was his help mo? delonte west? who helped him and his mom alot

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
i love all these cleveland fans. they really dont respect the guy for leaving to play with two other all stars who wouldnt have done that if he had the chance??? can you blame him? he single hand took them to the finals. your FO is horrible, what was his help mo? delonte west? who helped him and his mom alot

first off..coming from a phili fan? ha! and its not the lebron left...its how he did it. he told everyone multiple times he's going to win a championship in cleveland. he said he doesn't like people chasing rings. then he has an hour long special to say where he's going and embarrasses the whole cleveland organization, fans, you name it. thats what they are bent out of shape about. damn if Allen Ivernson in his prime left phili he probably would have been shot if he did it the way lebron did

MrfadeawayJB
07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
They will not do that, he turned his back on the franchise and city

XxigglesphanxX
07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
first off..coming from a phili fan? ha! and its not the lebron left...its how he did it. he told everyone multiple times he's going to win a championship in cleveland. he said he doesn't like people chasing rings. then he has an hour long special to say where he's going and embarrasses the whole cleveland organization, fans, you name it. thats what they are bent out of shape about. damn if Allen Ivernson in his prime left phili he probably would have been shot if he did it the way lebron did

whats being a eagles fan have to do with anything? getting rid of dawk or donny? thats the FO bud im a fan who loves both of them. but yes i do understand that the hour long thing was wrong and i would be mad but 7 years outweighs 1 hour. and im a heat fan, not a 6ers, i root for them but i dont really care much about them

hype707
07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
WHY THE **** WOULD THEY RETIRE HIS JERSey? NO NO NO NO NO

Caps1989
07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't understand all the hate. He went against every major stereotype of a pro athlete.

1) He took less money

What is the problem?

He took the easy way out. It's a matter of pride and sportsmanship. And its clear over the years of watching LeBron that he is lacking in both departments there. He is quite simply a joke.

Bigbadmoffo
07-26-2010, 02:23 PM

Agreed, i also thin they should make a spcial monument For george
Bush showing he is the best president.

Sarcasm!!!!!1

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Like evryone is saying, its HOW he went about it. Think about the other players. Barkley, didnt win *****, got his jersey retired at the Suns AND the 76ers. I think they would have retired it if Lebron had the cajones to tell them beforehand. hes just scared. scared to never win a ring, scared to confront anybody, not returning calls (even from Jay-Z) cause why? hes terrified. He is absolutely terrified he wont win a ring. Well, that fear might be a little less now that he's teamed up with Dwade and Bosh

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
ps he referred himself to the 3rd person in the interview, symptom #1 of narsocism (i dont know how to spell)

Jaji
07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
He took the easy way out. It's a matter of pride and sportsmanship. And its clear over the years of watching LeBron that he is lacking in both departments there. He is quite simply a joke.

How did he take the easy way out? He signed with a team that hasn't been out of the 1st round in 4 years. The other guy they added (Bosh) has never been out of the 1st round either. Meanwhile you still have teams like Boston and Orlando in the East and LA out West. Yeah, real easy :rolleyes:.

If LeBron is a joke then what are you? Who are you? If LeBron is a joke then you're a bad joke with a punchline that no one gets.

Mowtown4Life
07-26-2010, 02:35 PM
It would be to tough for Gilbert to explain to the fans after his tirade. He couldn't retire Lebrons's jersey now. Does Lebron deserve to have his jersey retired? Of course! But after Gilbert's treatment of Lebron after he left; there is way too much bad blood for his jersey to be retired.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 02:38 PM
i agree with motown 100%...from all-caps hate to "btw, your jersey is now sacred to our organization. yes, the same jersey ESPN showed burning after u announced ur leaving"

SANDBURG23
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
No, he played there only 7 years, if he played maybe 10 years before moving on.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
It would be to tough for Gilbert to explain to the fans after his tirade. He couldn't retire Lebrons's jersey now. Does Lebron deserve to have his jersey retired? Of course! But after Gilbert's treatment of Lebron after he left; there is way too much bad blood for his jersey to be retired.

Yeah but whose to say Gilbert will be there much longer? Especially after losing his only source of income. The next owner will probably retire James' number. Gilbert seems like a lunatic though who would hold onto the team even if they're losing money hand over fist just to try to win a title before LeBron :laugh2:. Hopefully he'll give up once the Heat win.

netsgiantsyanks
07-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Other Players who have played for multiple teams and had their jerseys retired:

Charles Barkley; 76ers and the Suns
(didnt win a championship for either)

Wilt Chamberlin; Golden State, L.A. and 76ers

Dr. J; NY and 76ers

Bob Lanier; Detroit and Bucks

Moses Malone; Houston and 76ers

Earl Monroe; NY and Washington

Oscar Robertson; Kings and Bucks

The Fans; Orlando and Sacremento (for real)

Nate Thurmond; Clevland and Golden State

I thought that was pretty interesting. Wilt has his jersey retired at 3 DIFFERENT stadiums

but wilt didnt do what lebron did. hell, there wasnt even free agency in wilt's era.

rjvacad
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM

1) He took less money

What is the problem?

For me, it is what he did to the Cav fans, he ripped their hearts out on national TV. Can you even think about how it would of felt to you, sitting around having a party, waiting for the so called decision, knowing that james had promised to never go ring chasing and wanted to build a championship in Clev?

Agar81
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
not with that clown Gilbert running the show :facepalm:

Tmath
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Jerseys should be retired for players that bring championships to the team or players that stayed loyal to there team through out there career like a reggie miller

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 03:02 PM
if u look at the list of players who have their jerseys retired, there is a large large handful of them who never won a championship, let alone an MVP.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 03:05 PM
For me, it is what he did to the Cav fans, he ripped their hearts out on national TV. Can you even think about how it would of felt to you, sitting around having a party, waiting for the so called decision, knowing that james had promised to never go ring chasing and wanted to build a championship in Clev?

I really don't understand this sentiment? What difference would it make if he just signed and Cavs fans found out via a *BREAKING NEWS* alert? Either way he was gone. It's not like Cleveland's fans were there and the camera immediately zoomed in on their heartbroken faces. The decision was what it was no matter how they found out. There really is no good way for a city to find out their superstar athlete is leaving. I liked the fact it was scheduled so I knew when to expect the announcement. Most guys sign and you find out hours later when you happen to turn on the TV or computer.

nanablvd
07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
15 years later when his career is all said and done, we will all likely propose for Lebron's jersey to be retired in Cleveland for his dedication in first 7 years of his career. Right now, however, since his switch of team is so fresh, this question is a little bit irrelevant and you cannot really blame those angry ones arguing against retiring his jersey in Cleveland.

rapjuicer06
How did he take the easy way out? He signed with a team that hasn't been out of the 1st round in 4 years. The other guy they added (Bosh) has never been out of the 1st round either. Meanwhile you still have teams like Boston and Orlando in the East and LA out West. Yeah, real easy :rolleyes:.

If LeBron is a joke then what are you? Who are you? If LeBron is a joke then you're a bad joke with a punchline that no one gets.

you, like everyone else, know lebron took the easy way out. the way where he doesn't have to lead. he didn't join the heat before wade and bosh did. he did AFTER they signed, and he JOINED them. you can say they didnt get out of the first round ******** all you want. but wade and bosh would have gotten out of the first round, and thats what lebron JOINED so he doesn't have to do the work. for a potential GOAT player, he will never be looked at it like that again now. he'll be known as the guy with all the potential in the world, and when the going got tuff, he left. lebron james will not even go down as a top 10 player because of this. he really hurt his whole legacy. thats why lebron is a joke. lebron has almost everything, and he won't ever be close to MJ or Kobe when its all said an done.

Yeah but whose to say Gilbert will be there much longer? Especially after losing his only source of income. The next owner will probably retire James' number. Gilbert seems like a lunatic though who would hold onto the team even if they're losing money hand over fist just to try to win a title before LeBron :laugh2:. Hopefully he'll give up once the Heat win.

gilbert is the owner of the team, of course he'll be there for awhile longer. the heat will not win the championship this year. book it

rjvacad
I really don't understand this sentiment? What difference would it make if he just signed and Cavs fans found out via a *BREAKING NEWS* alert? Either way he was gone. It's not like Cleveland's fans were there and the camera immediately zoomed in on their heartbroken faces. The decision was what it was no matter how they found out. There really is no good way for a city to find out their superstar athlete is leaving. I liked the fact it was scheduled so I knew when to expect the announcement. Most guys sign and you find out hours later when you happen to turn on the TV or computer.

:sigh: If you had read my entire post you might understand.

UnWantedTheory
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I dont think that a person who came in as a kid and left as one, should have his jersey retired. He not only didnt do enough for that organization; he didnt do it for long enough. Also, the CLEV organization and its fans have no loyalty to him(nor should they) or respect for him. Thats kinda an important fact when getting a jersey retired.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 03:26 PM
maybe when they retire it, instead of lifting it into the rafters, theyll burn it in the middle of the court.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 03:28 PM
you, like everyone else, know lebron took the easy way out. the way where he doesn't have to lead. he didn't join the heat before wade and bosh did. he did AFTER they signed, and he JOINED them. you can say they didnt get out of the first round ******** all you want. but wade and bosh would have gotten out of the first round, and thats what lebron JOINED so he doesn't have to do the work. for a potential GOAT player, he will never be looked at it like that again now. he'll be known as the guy with all the potential in the world, and when the going got tuff, he left. lebron james will not even go down as a top 10 player because of this. he really hurt his whole legacy. thats why lebron is a joke. lebron has almost everything, and he won't ever be close to MJ or Kobe when its all said an done.

gilbert is the owner of the team, of course he'll be there for awhile longer. the heat will not win the championship this year. book it

I disagree that he took the easy way out. There was no way for him to win a title in Cleveland. It wasn't gonna happen. No one wanted to play there with him and that was obvious.

And you are completely clueless if you think LeBron followed Wade and Bosh. The 3 of them made the decision together well before July 8. Do you really think LeBron woke up on July 8 and said "Miami?" You're kidding yourself. The 3 of them decided to play together the only question was where. Miami worked because Wade was already there meaning re-signing him wouldn't count against the cap. Its also a beautiful city where they wouldn't mind living. Bosh already said before the 8th that he wanted to play with LeBron just not in Cleveland. You can think LeBron is a follower but that is 100% false. If anything, I guarantee he was more of a driving force to bring the 3 together than anyone. I wish they had all gone to the Knicks or Nets though so idiots wouldn't think the same nonsense as you. That would have clarified things for those who have trouble seeing the obvious. And you're a fool if you think "LeBron doesn't have to do any work." :facepalm:

Jaji
07-26-2010, 03:32 PM
:sigh: If you had read my entire post you might understand.

It still doesn't make sense. You'd have to be an idiot to think LeBron was going to re-sign. There wouldn't have been this big old spectacle if he was just going to re-sign. Cleveland was never going to build a title contender around LeBron. It was impossible because no one wants to play there. I don't blame him for leaving at all. Cleveland sucks. Miami is the ish. Really no decision to make there.

And I also disagree that he is ring chasing. How? The Heat just barely avoided a sweep last year. They haven't been out of the 1st round since 06. Bosh has never been out of the 1st round. The only reason Miami is a title contender now is because of LeBron so how can he possibly be chasing rings?

jdub747
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
nah hell no, he doesn't deserve that ****, he probably won't even get it retired in Miami!!!!

Jaji
07-26-2010, 03:50 PM
nah hell no, he doesn't deserve that ****, he probably won't even get it retired in Miami!!!!

:clap:

:rolleyes:

rjvacad
07-26-2010, 03:51 PM
It still doesn't make sense. You'd have to be an idiot to think LeBron was going to re-sign. There wouldn't have been this big old spectacle if he was just going to re-sign. Cleveland was never going to build a title contender around LeBron. It was impossible because no one wants to play there. I don't blame him for leaving at all. Cleveland sucks. Miami is the ish. Really no decision to make there.

And I also disagree that he is ring chasing. How? The Heat just barely avoided a sweep last year. They haven't been out of the 1st round since 06. Bosh has never been out of the 1st round. The only reason Miami is a title contender now is because of LeBron so how can he possibly be chasing rings?

You would have to be an idiot to believe what james says, since he told all his fans he wouldn't go ring chasing, but rather build a champ in Clev., he lied to them all, he doesn't have what it takes to bulid a champ. MJ had far less to work with and won 6 rings.

smith&wesson
07-26-2010, 03:54 PM
NO, not the way he left .. it was insulting to the city and the franchise.

he could have quietly told clevland im leaving we can do a sign and trade like chris bosh did. but the way lebron handled the situation was just sad.

MagicHero3
07-26-2010, 03:57 PM
MJ did not have less to work with. The Cavs suck.

CowboysKB24
07-26-2010, 03:58 PM

His Jersey doesn't deserve to be retired there. He didn't bring them a ring. How can you retire a Jersey who really has done nothing for the team, just himself? He never won a championship. He just has MVPs, which is an individual award. His accolades are mostly individual. Retiring his Jersey would make the Cavs look worse.

CowboysKB24
07-26-2010, 04:01 PM

Weren't they a contender for the past two seasons? They had the best record in the league back to back seasons. LBJ could not get his team together and ready for the playoffs. He was too busy making up pre game skits and dances, rather than focusing on winning. He simply could not win the championship for Cleveland. They gave him enough. How does a team dominate playoffs teams during the regular season than just stink it up in the playoffs? It is LBJ's fault. Give me a break. You are the biggest homer on this site now. It is a shame.

The Miami Cheat
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
after the way he left cle and how he let every1 down in that city, he does not derserve to have his jersey retired there.

mets77
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
no delonte west should be number 23 next season

Jaji
07-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Weren't they a contender for the past two seasons? They had the best record in the league back to back seasons. LBJ could not get his team together and ready for the playoffs. He was too busy making up pre game skits and dances, rather than focusing on winning. He simply could not win the championship for Cleveland. They gave him enough. How does a team dominate playoffs teams during the regular season than just stink it up in the playoffs? It is LBJ's fault. Give me a break. You are the biggest homer on this site now. It is a shame.

Having the best record was an illusion. They were not better than Boston or Orlando. Period. They had a losing record against both those teams in the regular season the last 2 years. When you're the undisputed 3rd best team in your conference, its hard to win a title. And the only reason they were that good was LeBron. You sound like an idiot trying to convince me that LeBron is not a good player.

I bring facts and stats to the table and all you have to talk about is LeBron throwing powder in the air. I might as well talk to a cantaloupe than you, Mr. "Cowboy and Laker fan". The 2 teams with the most bandwagon fans in the history of their respective sports. What does Dallas have to do with LA?

Wade_County
07-26-2010, 04:39 PM

:laugh:

Brooklyn Mets
07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
HELLS NO..
one of the best players in the history of the NBA let alone the Cavaliers franchise but he did them DIRTY on a nationally televised special..

Brooklyn Mets
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM

hahahahaha or #69

_KB24_
07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I love how all the Bron fangirls are now saying that the Cavs were "clearly the 3rd best team in the East". You guys will do anything to defend him.

rjvacad
07-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Having the best record was an illusion. They were not better than Boston or Orlando. Period. They had a losing record against both those teams in the regular season the last 2 years. When you're the undisputed 3rd best team in your conference, its hard to win a title. And the only reason they were that good was LeBron. You sound like an idiot trying to convince me that LeBron is not a good player.

I bring facts and stats to the table and all you have to talk about is LeBron throwing powder in the air. I might as well talk to a cantaloupe than you, Mr. "Cowboy and Laker fan". The 2 teams with the most bandwagon fans in the history of their respective sports. What does Dallas have to do with LA?

:crazy: I live in Indiana, so what does Indiana have to do with LA, I was born in LA and lived there over 40 years.

Jack_Meoff
07-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Personally, I dont know about this one, yea he was great, but he left the team while still being young and he didn't win them a ring. I think by the time he retires, he will have done more for another team in terms of championships then he did for Cleveland. I really can't imagine Lebron getting applauded in Cleveland in front of fans.

king4day
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM

Here's a few key points with Nash that should eliminate him as a question mark.

- Drafted in '96 by Suns. Played there for 2 years before being traded.
- Returned to Suns in 2004-Present (6 years)
- Won 2 MVP's and helped lead players to career highs that have looked mediocre post Nash (Q-Rich, Tim Thomas, etc)
- Led team to 3 WCF appearances.
- Signed extension at less than going rate for elite PG and stayed with Suns knowing they will likely not compete for a ring during the duration of his career.
- After his current contract, he will have 10 years with the Suns.

I can't speak for AI (though I don't think there's any doubt Philly retires his #), but Nash's will most certainly be retired after his career ends.

A better example would have been Amar'e. His number has already been given back out (Josh Childress). Nash means so much to the Suns organization that they will close his chapter when the time comes by retiring #13.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 05:12 PM
:crazy: I live in Indiana, so what does Indiana have to do with LA, I was born in LA and lived there over 40 years.

:confused: I wasn't even talking to you. :confused:

rjvacad
07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
:confused: I wasn't even talking to you. :confused:

OMG, so no one can answer you, but those who you reply to? This is completely stupid, I'm out of here.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Personally, I dont know about this one, yea he was great, but he left the team while still being young and he didn't win them a ring. I think by the time he retires, he will have done more for another team in terms of championships then he did for Cleveland. I really can't imagine Lebron getting applauded in Cleveland in front of fans.

Wait til they start losing again. They'll gladly cheer for LeBron when his jersey is retired. He was the greatest Cav ever. Have you ever had a disagreement or fight with a buddy? How long do you stay mad at them? Forever? I don't think so. The disappointment will wear off and people will realize how much they love LeBron. They were "buddies" for 7 years. They can't stay mad forever. The greatest Cav ever should have his number retired. And I'm almost certain he will. There's no way it can't be. It would be like erasing something out of a history book. "LeBron? No there was never anyone names LeBron here."

chris34
07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Sure retire 23 but do it for the best player the NBA has ever seen and not LeBron.

Goalie31
07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
It will never happen. Should it? maybe, Will it? Doubtful

Jaji
07-26-2010, 05:22 PM
OMG, so no one can answer you, but those who you reply to? This is completely stupid, I'm out of here.

Dude, I asked him a specific question about Dallas and LA and you start talking about Indiana :confused:. I don't care where you're from or where you live. If I did, I would have asked you. Peace out!

Jaji
07-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Sure retire 23 but do it for the best player the NBA has ever seen and not LeBron.

They may do that, just retire #23 and not say why. People can assume what they want lol.

show34
07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Man hell no would you praise your kids for failing a grade? Hell no he took off on the city that supported him ever since high school let miami retire it since he says that he gonna win 7 titles with them

Jaji
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Man hell no would you praise your kids for failing a grade? Hell no he took off on the city that he supported ever since high school let miami retire it since he says that he gonna win 7 titles with them

Fixed.

Lakersho
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM

1) He took less money

What is the problem?
...the real Question is : ARE you lebrons mom ? Is lebron paying you ? my point is, your asking a question and if the answer you get isn't the one you like ,your totally shocked, cant believe it !!! believe it ... As for me i dont care either way. your gonna find most wouldn't piss on lebron if he was on fire.It stems from his attitude,and alround antics. below is a few reasons i quess you can see...

I don't think they should. 7 years and one finals appearance is big but not 'retire the jersey big'.
He ditched the team so there's no reason he should be recognized for essentially failure.

Even though he put the team on the map, he also single handedly took them off.

...one more thing : he co signed and push for all the moves they made so he could , " WIN NOW " and hamstrung the cavs for years to come with the bad contracts of the players he had to have... like i said , i could care less. But try and convince cavs fans or cavs owners... goodluck...

ewells20
07-26-2010, 05:56 PM
no, I don't think they should, while Lebron did alot in 7 years for that franchise and I too believe a free agent is free to go where ever a few things urked me about him.

1) He figuratively slapped that team in the face with his week long hype up of himself and disrespectful hour long conference which all of Cleveland watched him go away on live TV. No super star or self absorbed star in history has ever done that, not even Terrell Owens or Chad Ochocinco (regardless of how egomanic and self centered each is).

2) He did the if you can't beat em join em. Now, while he never played against Miami that much in the playoffs, he also joined the best because he couldn't beat the best on his own. I will say this he either choked or quit in the playoffs and if he choked, then he crushed himself with the pressure and the hype of his self proclaimed nickname "The King". Larry Bird said it best: Id rather play the best rather than join them.

Finally, I said I had no problem with him leaving, just how he did it and where he went. He finally figured he couldn't win the title as "THE GUY" so he went somewhere where he wasn't. I know you can't win a title without help but MJ was the guy on his team, Lebron is Dwayne Wade's Scottie Pippen. Lebron is not clutch as great a player he is and he just doesn't have the killer instinct that Kobe and MJ both have and until he proves otherwise I'm sticking with that

Jaji
07-26-2010, 06:04 PM
no, I don't think they should, while Lebron did alot in 7 years for that franchise and I too believe a free agent is free to go where ever a few things urked me about him.

1) He figuratively slapped that team in the face with his week long hype up of himself and disrespectful hour long conference which all of Cleveland watched him go away on live TV. No super star or self absorbed star in history has ever done that, not even Terrell Owens or Chad Ochocinco (regardless of how egomanic and self centered each is).

2) He did the if you can't beat em join em. Now, while he never played against Miami that much in the playoffs, he also joined the best because he couldn't beat the best on his own. I will say this he either choked or quit in the playoffs and if he choked, then he crushed himself with the pressure and the hype of his self proclaimed nickname "The King". Larry Bird said it best: Id rather play the best rather than join them.

Finally, I said I had no problem with him leaving, just how he did it and where he went. He finally figured he couldn't win the title as "THE GUY" so he went somewhere where he wasn't. I know you can't win a title without help but MJ was the guy on his team, Lebron is Dwayne Wade's Scottie Pippen. Lebron is not clutch as great a player he is and he just doesn't have the killer instinct that Kobe and MJ both have and until he proves otherwise I'm sticking with that

I disagree with your entire post with the exception of "he did a lot in 7 years."

Who cares how Cleveland found out. It wouldn't have changed anything. Either way he was gone. Deal with it. TO and Ochocinco aren't as big as LeBron is and his "decision" was the most anticipated thing in the sport for the last 2 years. So yeah, it was a big deal. There was no way to downplay it. If he quietly signed his contract, there would still be a huge spectacle on TV.

And that whole "he's #2" argument is so ridiculous. How does #2 average more points, assists, and rebounds than #1? That's called #1, my friend. LeBron won't be taking a back seat to anyone. The only reason people think Wade is number 1 is because he was there first. What does that have to do with anything? The best player will be the guy. Period.

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I disagree with your entire post with the exception of "he did a lot in 7 years."

Who cares how Cleveland found out. It wouldn't have changed anything. Either way he was gone. Deal with it. TO and Ochocinco aren't as big as LeBron is and his "decision" was the most anticipated thing in the sport for the last 2 years. So yeah, it was a big deal. There was no way to downplay it. If he quietly signed his contract, there would still be a huge spectacle on TV.

And that whole "he's #2" argument is so ridiculous. How does #2 average more points, assists, and rebounds than #1? That's called #1, my friend. LeBron won't be taking a back seat to anyone. The only reason people think Wade is number 1 is because he was there first. What does that have to do with anything? The best player will be the guy. Period.

the biggest homer on PSD :win:

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakersho
07-26-2010, 06:28 PM

...First, lebron had two chances to win a ship . The last two years ,he got any player he ask for , out right signed or traded for. and yes lebron was in on every signing , his own hand picked so to speak. the cavs had the best reg. season rec. both years so miss me with the he didn't have a chance stuff. hell the cavs are hamstrung for years with the contracts they took on so lebron could win now. And to the last part of your post, you keep telling people , "you'd have to be an idiot " well that saying is for you if you think lebron didnt ring chase, or take the easy way out to try and win a championship. What , M J ,m. Johnson , Barkley, R. Miller said what they said on lebron's joining with d.wade and bosh. But you know more than all these hall of famers huh ? And the idiot stuff , you need to let that go, if someone doesn't agree oh well...

Mr.Chi-Town
07-26-2010, 06:31 PM

I see i wasnt the only 1 to think that lol

R_O_W_E
07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
They're not retiring his number. Only way that happens is if he came back with his tail between his legs looking to repair a burned bridge.

The L Train
07-26-2010, 06:33 PM

I guess you didn't read my post.

I told you, I dont care that he left Cleveland. I care that he QUIT during the playoffs. You think Big Z quit LOL!!! It wasn't Big Z's team!!! Lebron is the one who said "I wont disappoint anyone, I will bring a championship to Cleveland." and then quit on his team.

There's nothing he did that warrants having his jersey retired.

kEviN21
07-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Dan will give his number to a SCRUB for revenge!!!

Jaji
07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
the biggest homer on PSD :win:

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to thank rapjuicer06 for being on my nuts. That is all. :bow:

Jaji
07-26-2010, 07:41 PM
...First, lebron had two chances to win a ship . The last two years ,he got any player he ask for , out right signed or traded for. and yes lebron was in on every signing , his own hand picked so to speak. the cavs had the best reg. season rec. both years so miss me with the he didn't have a chance stuff. hell the cavs are hamstrung for years with the contracts they took on so lebron could win now. And to the last part of your post, you keep telling people , "you'd have to be an idiot " well that saying is for you if you think lebron didnt ring chase, or take the easy way out to try and win a championship. What , M J ,m. Johnson , Barkley, R. Miller said what they said on lebron's joining with d.wade and bosh. But you know more than all these hall of famers huh ? And the idiot stuff , you need to let that go, if someone doesn't agree oh well...

Any player he wanted? What are you talking about? Then why didn't he get Wade and Bosh?

So easy winning with 2 guys who haven't seen the 2nd round in 4 years. One guy has never seen the 2nd round.

Magic is a hypocrite and Reggie (although he'll always be my boy) and Barkley are mad that they never won a ship. Everyone is mad but anger, hate and jealousy won't change anything.

You = :mad:

Me = :laugh:

I don't care if you're mad. That's a personal issue that you'll have to deal with. Venting on PSD and directing your hate towards me isn't doing anything. LeBron will go on to win many titles and still be in the conversation for GOAT. You'll still be a hater. And I'll still be laughing at you. 10 years from now you can re-read this post because it will still be true. Print it off and read it every morning for all I care :laugh2:.

Lakersho
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Any player he wanted? What are you talking about? Then why didn't he get Wade and Bosh?

So easy winning with 2 guys who haven't seen the 2nd round in 4 years. One guy has never seen the 2nd round.

Magic is a hypocrite and Reggie (although he'll always be my boy) and Barkley are mad that they never won a ship. Everyone is mad but anger, hate and jealousy won't change anything.

You = :mad:

Me = :laugh:

I don't care if you're mad. That's a personal issue that you'll have to deal with. Venting on PSD and directing your hate towards me isn't doing anything. LeBron will go on to win many titles and still be in the conversation for GOAT. You'll still be a hater. And I'll still be laughing at you. 10 years from now you can re-read this post because it will still be true. Print it off and read it every morning for all I care :laugh2:.
..One , I'm not mad . i stated the obvious. The truth. He had the best rec. reg. season twice. So how can you say cavs didn't give 'm every chance to win . myself i dont care , i have a great team. maybe its just a character flaw and he cant handle the pressure. You say all the hall of famers are MAD ? Ya , what that they have championship rings and or a great carreers and are some of the best to ever play the game ? they have nothing to be mad at and niether do i ... As for venting on psd , I was quoteing YOU. thats what you said to the last guys that tried to have a debate with you . So i quess you need to reread your own post to see the venting your speaking of...

Jaji
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
..One , I'm not mad . i stated the obvious. The truth. He had the best rec. reg. season twice. So how can you say cavs didn't give 'm every chance to win . myself i dont care , i have a great team. maybe its just a character flaw and he cant handle the pressure. You say all the hall of famers are MAD ? Ya , what that they have championship rings and or a great carreers and are some of the best to ever play the game ? they have nothing to be mad at and niether do i ... As for venting on psd , I was quoteing YOU. thats what you said to the last guys that tried to have a debate with you . So i quess you need to reread your own post to see the venting your speaking of...

You're confused. The Cavs didn't give him a chance to win. He gave the Cavs a chance to win. Even though they had the best record (thanks to former #23) they still weren't the best in the East. They had a losing record against Boston and Orlando both years. So are you surprised that they lost to those teams in the playoffs both years?

Those guys are mad because LeBron will probably end up with more rings than them. But the truth is none of those guys had the opportunity to leave as free agents accept Jordan in 96. But they were the champs so who was he gonna sign with better? LeBron is just once again changing the game. LeBron didn't join Kobe and the World Champion Lakers. He joined Dwyane Wade and the "we just got bounced from the 1st round... again" Heat. And just like the Cavs, they're contenders because of LeBron.

Blazers#1Fan
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
You're confused. The Cavs didn't give him a chance to win. He gave the Cavs a chance to win. Even though they had the best record (thanks to former #23) they still weren't the best in the East. They had a losing record against Boston and Orlando both years. So are you surprised that they lost to those teams in the playoffs both years?

Those guys are mad because LeBron will probably end up with more rings than them. But the truth is none of those guys had the opportunity to leave as free agents accept Jordan in 96. But they were the champs so who was he gonna sign with better? LeBron is just once again changing the game. LeBron didn't join Kobe and the World Champion Lakers. He joined Dwyane Wade and the "we just got bounced from the 1st round... again" Heat. And just like the Cavs, they're contenders because of LeBron.

actually they had many chances they signed there contracts because they liked to compete thats the point of the nba compete and win not compete with fellow allstars and see if other teams without allstars can beat you there would be no meaning with a ring if you didnt compete for it and not just join up with other allstars, You have no argument here.... and like lakersho said i aint mad i'm stating the obvious, i have a great team of loyal players WHO LIKE TO COMPETE TO WIN, EVEN WITH INJURY MY TEAM LIKES TO COMPETE

still1ballin
07-26-2010, 09:11 PM
hell **** no

Vidball
07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Will Orlando retire Shaq's?

Lakersho
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM

...The right to a different opinion is what make us all unique,you see it one way others see it another. Peace out...

actually they had many chances they signed there contracts because they liked to compete thats the point of the nba compete and win not compete with fellow allstars and see if other teams without allstars can beat you there would be no meaning with a ring if you didnt compete for it and not just join up with other allstars, You have no argument here.... and like lakersho said i aint mad i'm stating the obvious, i have a great team of loyal players WHO LIKE TO COMPETE TO WIN, EVEN WITH INJURY MY TEAM LIKES TO COMPETE

...ya bro , thats the way of REAL competitors. some just dont see it that way.:pity::crazy: I take the "be the man, and build a team around me guy" every time . It's called alpha male pride,killer instinct, clutch. Thats the guys who you can admire, and put thier jersey in the rafters with pride. hell i still have my Worthy, m. johnson, kareem jersey's and still wear 'em to te laker games. those guys are legends,and they weren't scared to do it the right way. not be the self proclaimed "CHOSEN ONE " and " THE KING " and cant win a ship in his OWN court. By going to the heat he showed a serious character defect. HE dont believe in HIMSELF ...So much for the next great one ... Thats what M J and all the others spoke of , and why they were disappointed in his joining the heat. He QUIT again...

dodie53
07-26-2010, 09:59 PM
they will retire it when lbj's career is over

rapjuicer06
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
they will retire it when lbj's career is over

no they wont....lebron will win two rings in his career. this was a terrible career move and this team will implode on each other. lebron and dwade will clash soooo much. lebron knows its wade's team, so he's going to do everything in his power to make it his team...bosh will also clash with them and someone will be traded in 3-4 years, and it won't be lebron, so wade will be out and then lebron will be stuck for the next few years with losing again...making him the biggest bust (to talent) in NBA history

albertc86
07-26-2010, 11:05 PM
LeBron doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired in Cleveland after the way he departed. The guy had an hour special to announce that he'd be leaving Cleveland; if that isn't a slap in the face, I don't know what is.

Here's my response to you that say the Cavs didn't give LeBron the support he needed to win last year. Refer to the regular season standings.

RaiderLakersA's
07-26-2010, 11:16 PM
They won't retire it, but they'll probably not make it available to anyone else.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 11:17 PM

No they didn't have the opportunity to leave like that. Players weren't free to hit the open market like they are today. If this were the 80's, LeBron would be a Cav because the only way a player could truly be free was if the team decided not to re-sign him. Jordan was the only one of the 3 to hit the open market back in 1996.

And the 2x defending champion Lakers aren't competition? Boston with their Big 3 plus Rondo aren't competition? Orlando isn't competition? All those teams have multiple All Stars and/or HOFers so I don't understand why you think the Heat won't have any competition. That's a slap in the face to those other teams.