Ballistik
07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Cant say im too excited about this, but lets see what kinda $ is discussed

Ballistik
07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
But thanx for the update sly, ur the man

NYRangerFan76
07-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't think we'll be signing any more free agents. I think our salary cap is almost full? I'm not certain of that though. But if we do, Frolov is okay but I'd feel more comfortable signing either Lee Stempniak, Aaron Asham, or John Madden. I like Madden because his experience can help our youth. He's a great draw man and has 3 cups in his belt.

I think those 4 out of the remaining free agents could help the team and have a better fit?

IkeDavis29
07-26-2010, 12:42 AM
if he wants to sign for 3 or 4M i can see us signing him

Foge7
07-26-2010, 12:58 AM
If we can get Frolov for a reasonable price he could be very valuable, so why not take a shot. Nobody seems to be making a push for him elsewhere, so maybe his agent will cut us a solid deal. Still, so much more could happen if we'd only send redden down, 6.5 mill freed up instantly! Can only hope.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 02:01 AM
Guys think about this for a second. If the rangers turn around and do sign frolov. That means that we would have to clear some cap space somewhere So what does that mean, it means that redden most def has to be sent down. There is that a reason why sather went out and got eminger. Including all this other D. Redden has to be sent down to accomodate Frolov and his salary. I am happy to give frolov 4 million a year. Throw him on the second line with AA and Cally and I think you have a very good line. The guy can score goals boys and we def need that. He will def bring a scoring touch to our team. IF we drop redden down and sign frolov to a 4million or a little bit lower deal then we should def have some money left over to get staal signed.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 02:05 AM
According to Cap central on hockeybuzz we have just over 2 million left in salary cap. So if you turn around and demote redden then we are up to 8 million in cap. Sign staal to a 4 million dollar deal and sign frolov to a 4 million dollar deal and we should just be under the cap. With a couple hundred thousand here and there for injuries and call ups. I could work. Lets not forget we might also be able to dump rosival to a team with that is below the cap minimum for almost nothing in return and that frees up money for next year. Along with Brash's contract coming off the books and other players for call ups next year. It can be done.

mlisica19
07-26-2010, 05:20 AM
John Tortorella offensive stratergy starts with the wings. We already have plenty of centers, heck maybe too much. We signed the Hobbit and have Gaborik. I have no problem getting Frolov for around 4 million, he has the size and skill to help us score some goals on any line.

Yes this would mean we would have to clear up some space, Brashear is a gonner with his 1.5 and Redden with his 6.5. Put back Eminger and sign Frolov we still save 4 millionish. That 4 million can get us to resign staal.

And thats how the cookie crumbles, with this roster we can do alot of damage

Prospal Christensen Gaborik
Frolov Dubinsky Zucco
Avery Drury Callahan
Prust Anisimov Boyle (subs:Boogard/Stepan)

Staal Giradi
Rozi DZ
Eminger Gilroy (Subs: McD)

Lundqv
Biron

I like it, i mean i think we should get rid of the Dubinsky or Christensen in a trade along with a draft pick next year and then trade for a true #1 center. Obviously well probably need to get rid of someobody else maybe Boyle or something

bsi
07-26-2010, 05:57 AM
I guess I'd be ok with Frolov for a decent price, my only concern is down the road with having room for the players we drafted., but I guess by then Drury will be gone as well as Prospal. Boyle isn't making this team IMO, he's gonna be the odd man out. Boogard will be in the lineup, signing Frolov pretty much ensures Stepan won't be making this team this year.

redwhiteandblue
07-26-2010, 08:45 AM
If we had Frolov I would still want the line something like:

Dubi - Christensen - Gaborik
Frolov - Anisimov or Drury - Callahan
Avery - Drury - Zucco
Prust - Boyle or Stepan - Boogaard

Staal - Girardi
MDZ Rozi
McD - Eminger/Gilroy

dashripdot
07-26-2010, 08:58 AM
According to Cap central on hockeybuzz we have just over 2 million left in salary cap. So if you turn around and demote redden then we are up to 8 million in cap. Sign staal to a 4 million dollar deal and sign frolov to a 4 million dollar deal and we should just be under the cap. With a couple hundred thousand here and there for injuries and call ups. I could work. Lets not forget we might also be able to dump rosival to a team with that is below the cap minimum for almost nothing in return and that frees up money for next year. Along with Brash's contract coming off the books and other players for call ups next year. It can be done.

Without signing Staal, the Rangers have about $5.3 mil in cap space (nhlnumbers.com). Assuming Staal goes for a $4 mil cap hit, they'll have about $1.3 for another signing (or just as a cushion), depending upon who they carry as healthy scratches (Boyle @ $500k; Eminger @ $1.12 mil?). So they would have to make some sort of a move to sign any of the UFA forwards possibly worth getting. If they're not going to bury Redden's contract, they will have to rely on Grachev or Stepan to fill the last forward spot on the roster.

dashripdot
07-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Correction on my last post. nhlnumbers doesn't have MZA's cap hit figured in yet ($1.75 mil).

ernie.tarducci
07-26-2010, 10:31 AM
the rangers absolutely need another scoring threat so the idea of frolov is something they must do also an all russian line of frolov anisimov and grachev would be very exciteing and sather seems to like russian players and i think that is what is up his sleeve.

furthermore you can count on slats signing staal and dumping redden in hartford i have heard that he (redden) is a cancer in the locker room as well as dead weight on the ice

rangers need frolov food for thought frolov anisimov grachev all russian line

Garden Faithful
07-26-2010, 10:58 AM
To be honest It would nice to get Frolov but I could care less until we sign Staal because if we don't resign him this season is pointless. He was our best defenseman last year by far and giving Girardi 3+ a year means they have to give Staal at least 4.5 a year and I don't know why everyone is so confident that we are going to bury Redden in Hartford. When was the last time Dolan bit the bullet on 6 mill like everyone thinks he will and also I don't know why so many have the confidence that Sather will do the right thing. If we sign Frolov and somehow manage not to resign Staal who is more important to the team without a doubt then there is no point in playing because it will be scary how bad we are defensively.

Rangers in 7
07-26-2010, 11:15 AM
To be honest It would nice to get Frolov but I could care less until we sign Staal because if we don't resign him this season is pointless. He was our best defenseman last year by far and giving Girardi 3+ a year means they have to give Staal at least 4.5 a year and I don't know why everyone is so confident that we are going to bury Redden in Hartford. When was the last time Dolan bit the bullet on 6 mill like everyone thinks he will and also I don't know why so many have the confidence that Sather will do the right thing. If we sign Frolov and somehow manage not to resign Staal who is more important to the team without a doubt then there is no point in playing because it will be scary how bad we are defensively.

we are already bad defensively, and thats with the soo called wonder kid Staal.....who i repeat is not worth 5 million

NYRangerFan76
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
I like the idea of that Russian line!? Could be a possibility... long as Sather doesn't miss the boat again!?

SLY WILLIAMS
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
As retweeted last night, Russian reports are indicating that UFA Alexander Frolov has drawn interest from the Rangers and Kings. The left wing, who just turned 28, has scored 30-plus goals twice in his seven-year NHL career with the Kings and is perhaps the most tantalizing offensive force left on the FA market. He earned $4 million last season.

When it appeared the Kings were going to sign Ilya Kovalchuk, the Rangers were inquiring about Frolov, who had 19 goals last season and had been shopped by the Kings at the trade deadline, sources said.

But with the Kings out of the Kovy chase and then missing out on Simon Gagne, they have the $$$ to bring Frolov back, if he wants to remain in LA. That's the X factor. The Rangers would have to clear some cap space and likely would offer a short-term deal.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blue-notes-1.811976

Bleeds MSG
07-26-2010, 12:26 PM

Well last season he bit the bullet on $23 million to have Marbury not play for the knicks, and additionally has bit around a $22 million bullet to have fat slob Eddie Curry injury himself repeatedly. That makes Redden look like chump change comparatively.

nyr1980
07-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I have a bad feeling about Frolov. I think he'll be one of those signings that they'll regret. For whatever reason, I just don't see this working out.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 01:08 PM
I want no part of Frolov & if we do sign him I will be very unhappy & may just go off the deep end. The guy is Zherdev 2 & I am sick of this crap if we dont spend on a top tier player meaning a 1st. liner now I prefer to sit & wait until the deadline see what type of shape we're in & move then. Please no more of these marginal 2 liners we already have a team made up of just that. Marc Staal is going to be traded is what I got from a buddy that they are holding him close to the vest but would move him if they could get top line help thats locked up.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 01:15 PM
I want no part of Frolov & if we do sign him I will be very unhappy & may just go off the deep end. The guy is Zherdev 2 & I am sick of this crap if we dont spend on a top tier player meaning a 1st. liner now I prefer to sit & wait until the deadline see what type of shape we're in & move then. Please no more of these marginal 2 liners we already have a team made up of just that. Marc Staal is going to be traded is what I got from a buddy that they are holding him close to the vest but would move him if they could get top line help thats locked up.

The guy is a second liner yes. Our team is full of 3rd and 4th liners. A second line of AA Frolov and Callahan could be very nice. Frolov scores goals and thats what we need.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 01:17 PM
John Tortorella offensive stratergy starts with the wings. We already have plenty of centers, heck maybe too much. We signed the Hobbit and have Gaborik. I have no problem getting Frolov for around 4 million, he has the size and skill to help us score some goals on any line.

Yes this would mean we would have to clear up some space, Brashear is a gonner with his 1.5 and Redden with his 6.5. Put back Eminger and sign Frolov we still save 4 millionish. That 4 million can get us to resign staal.

And thats how the cookie crumbles, with this roster we can do alot of damage

Prospal Christensen Gaborik
Frolov Dubinsky Zucco
Avery Drury Callahan
Prust Anisimov Boyle (subs:Boogard/Stepan)

Staal Giradi
Rozi DZ
Eminger Gilroy (Subs: McD)

Lundqv
Biron

I like it, i mean i think we should get rid of the Dubinsky or Christensen in a trade along with a draft pick next year and then trade for a true #1 center. Obviously well probably need to get rid of someobody else maybe Boyle or something

I like it but MCD would start over probably Gilroy or Eminger. I would rather have him get the ice time then rot. Also AA on the 4th line just irks me. I want him to get more ice time this year with some better players around him. I hate to say it but Drury on the 4th line. The most expensive 4th line player there is but it has to be done. I might even sway AA and dubinsky.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Also if its a short term contract say 4 million for 2 years I think we can all live with that. This is def prospals last year. Boyle isnt gonna be around after this year. Brash comes off the books at the end of the year. Cap is probably going to go up again a little bit. Next year is the final years of Drury and Rosival unless they are traded. Signing Frolov this year to a 2 or 3 year deal for 4 million wouldnt really kill us.

nyr1980
07-26-2010, 01:30 PM

Thank you LTP! Either move some guys for a 1st liner to play with Gaborik, or sit tight and wait it out. We sign Frolov and we'll look at him in January and he'll have 6 goals and 15 points. Any idea who is interested in Staal?

fingerbang
07-26-2010, 01:51 PM
You guys really think AA is ready to play on the second line? Has the front office mentioned he was ready to play there? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with idea i just didn't think he was ready for that kind of promotion.

S.S-77
07-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Imo staal comes first and if we can find a way to get frolov and make the youth movement at the same time then I'm all for it. With that said if we can't bring up the youth with frolov in the picture then forget frolov. Stick to the plan and keep going forward. If we tank we tank.

apdamico
07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
the rangers absolutely need another scoring threat so the idea of frolov is something they must do also an all russian line of frolov anisimov and grachev would be very exciteing and sather seems to like russian players and i think that is what is up his sleeve.

furthermore you can count on slats signing staal and dumping redden in hartford i have heard that he (redden) is a cancer in the locker room as well as dead weight on the ice

rangers need frolov food for thought frolov anisimov grachev all russian line

I like this idea and they may be attempting to sell Frolov on this idea too. It could also lead us to a trade for a true #1 center.

Hopefully he'll take the original deal of 11 mil over 3-years, if that is still even on the table?

Isca92
07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Ill pass on Frolov.

great88
07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
ponikarovsky and afinogenov would be better signings......

you can prolly get those guys for alittle over 5 mil combined.

afinogenov coming off a solid season, and Poni trying to show that he still has game
could be alot better then throwing in frolov... who in my opinion is lazy, especially in his own zone

ponikarofsky - anisimov - afinogenov ( 2nd line )

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 02:35 PM
It is troublesome that we do not hear Ranger fans calling for Bobby Ryan. Forget about resigning Marc Staal and throw everything we can at Ryan. He is young, only 23-years-old, and the kid is awesome.

He is a tough, rugged player who has improved every year.

Bobby Ryan scored 35 goals last year with 29 assists.

This kid will just get better next year. He is the type of player the Rangers need, young and improving, not old and declining like what the Rangers usually go after.

As of right now, all negotiations between Ryan and the Anaheim Ducks have come to a halt. This is the perfect time for the Rangers to move in and make him an offer he wont refuse. They would still be following the plan to rebuild with younger players, but with Ryan we already know this kid will be great.

Making an effort is really all we can ask for.

Whatever happens. so be it.

But at least a true effort was there to better this team.

A signing like this would be another reason why the Rangers should send Wade Redden down to Hartford. It would open up $6 million dollars to send Bobby Ryan an decent, respectable offer.

make it happen.

great88
07-26-2010, 02:37 PM
1. Prospal- dubinsky- gaborik
2. ponikarofsky(grachev)- anisimov-afingogenov (zucco)
3. callahan-christensen-avery
4. prust-drury- stepan (boogard )

D

staal / girardi
eminger / del zotto
mcd/ rozival (unfortunately)

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 02:41 PM
1. Prospal- dubinsky- gaborik
2. ponikarofsky(grachev)- anisimov-afingogenov (zucco)
3. callahan-christensen-avery
4. prust-drury- stepan (boogard )

D

staal / girardi
eminger / del zotto
mcd/ rozival (unfortunately)

it doesnt benefit stepan or us if he plays for fourth line minutes. if he isnt going to play on a top 3 line, he needs to be in hartford.

great88
07-26-2010, 02:47 PM
i say start him on the 4th to get used to playing in the NHL
this guy has never stepped foot on a NHL level game...

half way through the season, if he is managing well move him up to first line
being that prospal is aging and historically an up and down player

their is no future with prospal...... nice guy but a bit old

great88
07-26-2010, 02:50 PM
i would pass on boyle altogether.........

doesnt do much out their. we have grit with prust /boogard / avery

get stepan a shot along with grachev

SLY WILLIAMS
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
http://twitter.com/StapeNewsday
UFA A. Frolov mulling 4-year offer from KHL and a likely 2-year offer for less $ per year from #NYRangers, sources say.

great88
07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
21-29-50 in 77 GP ponikarovsky
24-37-61 in 82 GP afinogenov

19-32-51 in 81 GP frolov

for about the same cap hit we can get ponikarovsky and afinogenov..... pass on frolov

fingerbang
07-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Stepan needs some time in hartford-college is a different game. Could be called up tho.

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 03:04 PM
21-29-50 in 77 GP ponikarovsky
24-37-61 in 82 GP afinogenov

19-32-51 in 81 GP frolov

for about the same cap hit we can get ponikarovsky and afinogenov..... pass on frolov

i disagree, afinigenov is to injury prone and poni had basically the same stats as frolov last year and frolov has way more upside... this isnt exactly the cream of the crop but of the 3 i would take frolov.

dashripdot
07-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Uncharacteristically, Sather's trying to see which UFA he can get to sign for the least amount of money and for the shortest length, since he knows the kids are coming. No point in gumming up the works with another contract he can't trade in order to make room for the prospects.

great88
07-26-2010, 03:13 PM
i disagree, afinigenov is to injury prone and poni had basically the same stats as frolov last year and frolov has way more upside... this isnt exactly the cream of the crop but of the 3 i would take frolov.

well, in the last 3 years AFINOGENOV has more points..... and is on the upside.

frolov has been skidding down hard in the production department...
has alot more talent then both of those guys...... but talent doesnt matter much when it doesnt amount to anything.

I.E: ZHERDEV , tons of talent..... just doesnt amount to anything

imbetterthanyou
07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
agree agree agree on afinogenov...idk why sathers never entertained the idea of him...hes really good for the salary he commands

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
agree agree agree on afinogenov...idk why sathers never entertained the idea of him...hes really good for the salary he commands

he was reallly good for salary he commanded last year, this year he is going to want a significant pay raise.

bsi
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I'd only take Frolov or Afinaganov on a short term deals so it doesn't interfere with the progress of our prospects, but really I'd be just as happy to start the season with Stepan playing as having Frolov, Afinaganov, or Ponikerovski(whom I don't want at all, I've seen him stink up the ice enough in Toronto). I'm prepared to watch this team with it's young players, I know we may not make the playoffs, but longterm it's better for us. Plus, I always love watching players who are trying to make the team, their intensity is great, and win or lose it's gonna be fast exciting hockey. I've thrown in the towel on the quick fixes. If Frolov is coming here to help out in the meantime until the players are ready, well that's ok, but if we have to start cutting salary in places where we shouldn't be, i.e. Staal, then leave him where he's at.

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd only take Frolov or Afinaganov on a short term deals so it doesn't interfere with the progress of our prospects, but really I'd be just as happy to start the season with Stepan playing as having Frolov, Afinaganov, or Ponikerovski(whom I don't want at all, I've seen him stink up the ice enough in Toronto). I'm prepared to watch this team with it's young players, I know we may not make the playoffs, but longterm it's better for us. Plus, I always love watching players who are trying to make the team, their intensity is great, and win or lose it's gonna be fast exciting hockey. I've thrown in the towel on the quick fixes. If Frolov is coming here to help out in the meantime until the players are ready, well that's ok, but if we have to start cutting salary in places where we shouldn't be, i.e. Staal, then leave him where he's at.

i agree with you. i hate how so many people sit here and complain about staal. i understand some people want to trade him for a 1st line forward but he isnt a bad defenseman. I too would like frolov on a 2-3 year deal. He can definitely help the offense and if he doesnt work out, he can be dealt with bc of the contract.

bsi
07-26-2010, 04:33 PM
i agree with you. i hate how so many people sit here and complain about staal. i understand some people want to trade him for a 1st line forward but he isnt a bad defenseman. I too would like frolov on a 2-3 year deal. He can definitely help the offense and if he doesnt work out, he can be dealt with bc of the contract.

Defencemen usually take longer to develop with the exception of certain players like Doughty. I mean Luke Schenn was supposed to be the second coming of God in Toronto, but he struggled last year, so I think everyone has to relax a bit and let the kid develop. I honestly think Redden's failures as a defenceman have hurt Staal's development, as that's part of what Redden was brought here for was his skill and experience, he's been such a flop that there isn't much to learn from him. For the first time in years we have a good bunch of young players and some excellent prospects I'd personally like to see stay with the Rangers.

fingerbang
07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Defencemen usually take longer to develop with the exception of certain players like Doughty. I mean Luke Schenn was supposed to be the second coming of God in Toronto, but he struggled last year, so I think everyone has to relax a bit and let the kid develop. I honestly think Redden's failures as a defenceman have hurt Staal's development, as that's part of what Redden was brought here for was his skill and experience, he's been such a flop that there isn't much to learn from him. For the first time in years we have a good bunch of young players and some excellent prospects I'd personally like to see stay with the Rangers.

Yea exactly. I don't think pronger scored 40 pts until his sixth season. Staal's been improving steadily over the past few seasons. He already has a good defensive game.

nyteamsports09
07-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Rangersblog saying that theres reports out of Russia that Frolov is signing witht the Rangers on a 1 year deal

rangerzfan4evr
07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Here is the article that says he will sign with NY Rangers:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sovsport.ru%2Fgazeta%2Farticle-item%2F399618&sl=ru&tl=en

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 05:50 PM
according to multiple sources this is a 1 year deal with multiple vesting options that could make the deal as long as 3 years, I am currently tracking down more info on this & will post it as soon as I get it. But this is for real no joking I heard form 3 different places that its a done deal!

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
TheNHLWord
OKAY OFFICIAL. ALEXANDER FROLOV HAS SIGNED WITH THE NEW YORK RANGERS, SHORT TERM DEAL
23 minutes ago via web

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Frolov's agent Sergei Isakov tells SovSport: "Alexander Frolov is just about to sign a contract with the #NYR." Says it will be 1yr deal.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 06:03 PM
i dont love this deal I want to see the money of its less than 3 mill i can take it but any more than that & this gets to be a bad contract!

jetsfan89
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
its only for one year. what's the big deal?

bsi
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm fine with this, a short term deal works for me...great signing!

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm fine with this, a short term deal works for me...great signing!

ditto. what an offseason for sather so far lol. all he has to do is get rid of a bad contract and sign staal and i give him an A.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-26-2010, 06:25 PM
http://twitter.com/dchesnokov

# Just tried to get Frolov on the phone - got his voicemail. 11 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Frolov's agent blamed the Kings for marring Frolov's last season on purpose. 22 minutes ago via web

It's true that Frolov's agent said Alexander will sign a one year deal with the #NYR.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 06:44 PM
i heard its a 1 year for 3 million dollars & it has options that make the deal vest for 2 more years & they would be for 4.5 & 5 respectively waiting to hear more will post as soon as i get the info.

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 06:45 PM
LTP, the rangers most certainly will have to trade some salary in order to maneuver the rest of the offseason... what do you think the next move is? and do you think that your dream scenario with anaheim and bobby ryan is still available?

SLY WILLIAMS
07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
http://twitter.com/StapeNewsday

What he said. Nothing official yet. RT @DarrenDreger Discussions between #NYRangers and Frolov, but the deal isn't done yet.

dashripdot
07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
TSN reporting that his agent said he will sign, but no deal yet.

IU Hoosiers 3
07-26-2010, 06:51 PM
im really liking this deal, 1yr for 3mil sounds like a good experiment

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 06:57 PM
LTP, the rangers most certainly will have to trade some salary in order to maneuver the rest of the offseason... what do you think the next move is? and do you think that your dream scenario with anaheim and bobby ryan is still available?

I'm telling you guys Marc Staal will not be on this team,he is going to be included in a trade for a # 1 center & i did not pull that out of my *** it's solid info that has been kept on the dl. thats why I am telling everyone that you are going to McIllrath & McDonaugh given every opportunity to make this team this year. And everyone will see that Staal is over rated that 2 kids will step in & be more effective players than he ever will. I am not trying to make a joke here but Marc Staals softness is due to his to brother's Eric & Jordan whooping him everyday on the pond at their family farm, they were more intimidating players than he ever was & they would take liberties with him & its what makes him a soft player & no one will ever change that it's in his make up.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 06:58 PM
well i got it from some1 i trust way more than any of those guys & I was told it's a done deal! that the deal is already signed.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I was told via text 2 minutes ago that Alexander Frolov is on a plane & will take a physical tomorrow morning in NYC & finalize the deal.

dashripdot
07-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm telling you guys Marc Staal will not be on this team,he is going to be included in a trade for a # 1 center & i did not pull that out of my *** it's solid info that has been kept on the dl. thats why I am telling everyone that you are going to McIllrath & McDonaugh given every opportunity to make this team this year. And everyone will see that Staal is over rated that 2 kids will step in & be more effective players than he ever will. I am not trying to make a joke here but Marc Staals softness is due to his to brother's Eric & Jordan whooping him everyday on the pond at their family farm, they were more intimidating players than he ever was & they would take liberties with him & its what makes him a soft player & no one will ever change that it's in his make up.

No one in the organization has said anything other than McIlrath will take 2-3 years to reach the NHL.

mmmrevolver93
07-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I was told via text 2 minutes ago that Alexander Frolov is on a plane & will take a physical tomorrow morning in NYC & finalize the deal.

awesome.. do you see him playing on gaby's line? and you didnt answer my question exactly.. what salary do you see us moving? and is bobby ryan still attainable at the right price?

jetsfan89
07-26-2010, 07:02 PM

mcilrath is at least 2-3 years away from the pros.

as far as your staal anecdote goes, jordan is younger than marc so yeah highly doubtful that happened.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 07:02 PM
i will go as far as to say I will never post again if this site if everything I am reporting is not 100% completely accurate!

dashripdot
07-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Who wrote that fable of the Staal family? As I recall, Marc knocked Jordan on his can just as often as Jordan knocked him around in the last two seasons. He's far from "soft". He's also bounced Ovechkin around plenty in the last two seasons, and there aren't many tougher forwards in the league, if any.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 07:10 PM
its just an observation but I feel it's the fact here of why this kid is soft a player.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-26-2010, 07:10 PM
well i got it from some1 i trust way more than any of those guys & I was told it's a done deal! that the deal is already signed.

LOL LTP you are contradicting yourself in back to back posts. Pick one. :D

Sounds like Frolov has agreed to sign but just not final yet. :)

jetsfan89
07-26-2010, 07:14 PM
its just an observation but I feel it's the fact here of why this kid is soft a player.

except he's not a soft player.

but i'm not gonna go down this road again.

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
LOL LTP you are contradicting yourself in back to back posts. Pick one. :D

Sounds like Frolov has agreed to sign but just not final yet. :)

theres an agreement in place pending the results of a physical tomorrow in NYC deal will be signed there after. is verbatum how it was told to me.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-26-2010, 07:27 PM
theres an agreement in place pending the results of a physical tomorrow in NYC deal will be signed there after. is verbatum how it was told to me.

I got ya. I was just kidding around because it looked funny reading those 2 different posts back to back. :)

ElementCo27
07-26-2010, 07:28 PM
i will go as far as to say I will never post again if this site if everything I am reporting is not 100% completely accurate!

I would like to see that become a little more specific so you can honor it. I'm not saying that I don't want you to post on here anymore, but it would make things interesting.

"I will go as far as to say I will never post again on this site if they don't sign Frolov and trade Staal for Ryan [B]this season."[B]

Just trying to get rid of any loop holes :)

I like the idea of Ryan, but I don't want to lose Staal. I think once Staal gets back to his original game with his strong defensive skills he has learned/is learning he'll be a commendable defenseman. He may be overrated, but I think it's in his name more than his actual skill. The Staal name is held in high regards in this league and I think that packs on more expectations out of him because of his brothers. Staal is big and can be physical and don't say he can be because people can be turned tough as long as you have the right person preaching it. Don't put him on trial just because he didn't do what you wanted him to last season. He had a good season being around the knuckleheads he plays with. You can't win without offense, but you can't win without defense either. We have the offense, especially if we get Frolov and we have the defense with what we have now. This season I see a great lineup of D in Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Rozy, McD, and Gilroy or someone else that ISN'T REDDEN. Our defense goes up like, a bajillion once he's gone. After Rozy is gone you can throw in McIlrath or maybe Sauer until he's ready and you have a great starting defense.

Basically, Redden is that thing you bought that you were like "Aw yeah this is going to be so awesome I'm gonna use it all the time! I mean, I paid good money so it must work!" Now it's sitting in one spot just never to be used again lol.

Al Trautwig
07-26-2010, 07:30 PM

LTP does that include what you said about staal being traded for a #1 center

SLY WILLIAMS
07-26-2010, 07:37 PM
LTP does that include what you said about staal being traded for a #1 center

LTP still has 3 years left on his PSD Rangers board contract so whether Staal is traded or not he has to continue to post here. :)

Foge7
07-26-2010, 08:08 PM
To back up my buddy LTP, I'm also hearing rumors that Frolov is soon to be a blueshirt. Reportedly he'll be signing a contract less than what he was originally looking for, which if is the case spells good news for the Rangers. Also, according to the infamous eklund, if kovy doesn't sign with NJ, the Rangers will sign him, how they are getting all this money, i don't know. However, for now, Frolov looks to be a Ranger in the coming days... :clap:

FrankduhhTank
07-26-2010, 08:13 PM
why not just throw 5.5 mill at Ryan for 5 or 6 years? what do you have to loose, the kid is big strong young and scores goals. could be a 50 goal scorer in 2-3 years?

where does frolov fit in the line-up i feel like somone is going to be left out..

Dubinsky MZA Gaborik
Frolov AA Callahan
Avery Prospal Christiensen
Prust Boyle/drury Boogard

interesting.. dubinsky played good hockey on the wing.. they talked about getting MZA to play with gaborik.. i think AA needs a shot on a top 3 line this year..

honestly i didnt like the resigning of Chritensen or Prospal to begin with, i feel they are soft in inconsitant would rather have the spot open for a grachev, weise etc i just hope there is more tweeking to do..

also did u read eckland said NYR is likely landing spot for Kovy if deal with devils falls through... interesting

Lakrisal
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
MZA is not a center... and... i'm not going to go on anymore. He's not a center full stop.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I like it. If its a good price then I am def for it. I believe he def help out our team in the scoring department. Def on the second line though. Unless for some really strange reason he and Gabs have a amazing thing together I would rather have him on the second line for somes scoring depth. On hockeybuzz under the tap where rangers and staal are talking it also says that if the devils dont bring in kovi then rangers have a great chace at signing him. Now there is no way we can bring in Kovi and frolov but apparently according to hockeybuzz frolov wants to play with Kovi. In no way can we afford both players let alone Kovi lol.

But anyway frolow would be a nice signing for our second line. If what LTP says is true and we turn around a trade for a center. Our lines would really shape up. Boyle Sits.

Prospal (Center via Trade) Gabs
Frolov AA Hobbit
Prust Dubi Cally
Avery Drury Boogard

I really could take that line up. We do run out of room for EC which I am very high on but we would have to include some other players in the deal for a center.

So almost surely either Dubi or Cally are gone in the deal with staal. So I say we trade Dubi since I believe Callahan is going to be our future captain. That frees up a spot for EC to play on the 3rd line which I can handle. Or have drury on 3rd line with EC on fourth. Either way I like it.

IAMNYR
07-26-2010, 08:27 PM
If we sign Frolov, then how are we going to fit our prospects into the line-up? Sather has said repeatedly this off season the he want to get younger and use his prospects, but i don't see how he is doing this.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Now with that line up we basically dont have the room for kovi. Unless we involved another player or so in the trade involving staal which i dont think will happen. Avery isnt going anywhere. Prust is a Guarantee. Boogy has to play guys.

I really wish we didnt resign Prospal. Really a waste of a roster spot. He plays hard every night but that spot should have been left open for a prospect. I would rather have a player like grachev get some ice time in the bigs then prospal.

I would also prefer ryan over frolov as most of us agree with. I still say the rags should turn around and offer Dubi, Staal, Grachev Saur for Ryan and Getzlaf. I believe that would be a amazing deal with us. Yes we lose Grachev and Dubi. But I take Ryan over Grachev and Getzlaf over dubi any day. If the trade isnt enough I then add in some picks. Maybe washingtons second and or our first

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 08:31 PM
If we sign Frolov, then how are we going to fit our prospects into the line-up? Sather has said repeatedly this off season the he want to get younger and use his prospects, but i don't see how he is doing this.

Well assuming we do sign Frolov which looks like we will. WE are going to have to make a deal somewhere to unload some trash. If staal is involved in a deal we might be able to send over something else as well. Boyle, Staal whatever. If the contract is a short term deal maybe it coud be a blessing in disguise. Give our young kids 1 more year before they make it to the bigs.

IAMNYR
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Well assuming we do sign Frolov which looks like we will. WE are going to have to make a deal somewhere to unload some trash. If staal is involved in a deal we might be able to send over something else as well. Boyle, Staal whatever. If the contract is a short term deal maybe it coud be a blessing in disguise. Give our young kids 1 more year before they make it to the bigs.

Maybe 2 years then we lose Drury and Rozi and a bunch of others will come off the books and we could give our prospects the money they want without overpaying the biggest free agent on the market.

ElementCo27
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
MZA is not a center... and... i'm not going to go on anymore. He's not a center full stop.

:facepalm:

roco I'm not so sure those lineups would be what they would be in this case. AA liked having Prust for his grit but also having him as a scoring player too so they have to stay on the same line.

IMO it would look more like this:

Dubinsky (Center) Gaborik
Frolov AA Prust
Prospal Drury Cally
Boogaard Christensen MZA

I know Avery isn't in there, but that's the thing. I don't see the Rangers making a trade for a #1 center because it was just clog things up. If they don't get the center then Vinny is playing on Gaborik's line as the center. It would make the signings they made this summer pointless because some of them may not play. If they are to keep Avery then Vinny or Erik are coming out of the equation. Take away the center and you have this:

Dubinsky Prospal Gaborik
Frolov Anisimov Prust
Avery Drury Callahan
Boogaard Christensen MZA

I kinda still don't like it cuz the hobbit wouldn't get much time unless he goes all 4 lines again, unlikely though. The problem is that AA needs physicality on his line and if you're going to have Frolov then this goes how it is right now. I'm not sure of the details of MZA's contract but if he was the All Star of the Swedish league I don't think he's going to want to play in the AHL. It will be interesting to see how this all goes if the Rangers sign Frolov. I'll tell ya what though, that first line looks deadly :D

bsi
07-26-2010, 08:47 PM
I think Christensen will be our "#1" center, I don't see him on the 4th line. As much as I hope MZA is gonna be a star I think sliding him and Anisimov on the second line ahead of Dubi and Cally is a little premature, maybe they light it up and take over the #2 line, but I see it like this.

Dubinsky Christensen Gaborik
Frolov Prospal Callahan
MZA Anisimov Prust
Avery Drury Boogard
My only problem with this is that we have no room for Stepan, who I really thought would make this team unless we're gonna get rid of Avery or Drury? Losing Drury and replacing him with Stepan would make my day.

Foge7
07-26-2010, 08:48 PM
I've heard via twitter that Frolov's agent has stated that Frolov will sign a 1 year deal with the Rangers. Hope this happens and for a good price.

rocowear21
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I dont think the hobbit is gonna be in the ahl unless he is really terrible. From what I ready and I cant remember where, he was almost guaranteed a roster spot. LIke I said from the beginning I really wish the rangers didnt bring back prospal. I like him just not on our team right now. I would rather have EC then prospal just to let everyone know.
But if a player is involved in a staal deal we might as well make it a blockbuster deal. I dont want to get rid of staal and get little pieces here and there. Give up Staal and Dubi and a D prospect maybe and get some very good pieces back.

FrankduhhTank
07-26-2010, 08:59 PM
could have sworn i heard that rangers planned on planing MZA with gaborik but anyhow, i think the bigger issue is that there is no room on the roster right now for any prospects! if sather isnt going to go out and get kovy bc he wants to build around our young core and build from within, where does stephen, grachev and weise fit into this line-up. we even have a healthy scratch spot occupied. i could have lived without resigning christensen and prospal. much rather have frolov then etiher of them. i can only pray sather and torts do what they said and have everyone on the roster opening night have earned their spot by out playing everyone else and not just give it to prospal or christensen bc they have experience.. i would love to hear prospal cut or on waivers bc grachev beat him out.

ElementCo27
07-26-2010, 08:59 PM
I think Christensen will be our "#1" center, I don't see him on the 4th line. As much as I hope MZA is gonna be a star I think sliding him and Anisimov on the second line ahead of Dubi and Cally is a little premature, maybe they light it up and take over the #2 line, but I see it like this.

Dubinsky Christensen Gaborik
Frolov Prospal Callahan
MZA Anisimov Prust
Avery Drury Boogard
My only problem with this is that we have no room for Stepan, who I really thought would make this team unless we're gonna get rid of Avery or Drury? Losing Drury and replacing him with Stepan would make my day.

Yeah I like that lineup better, I was focusing on positions of players and now that I realize it, it doesn't matter where Boogaard goes because he's only a fighter.

As much as I'd love to see it happen too, Drury isn't going anywhere. He has a no movement clause and would rather 4th line it than be traded. Avery is a possibility, but I don't see him being moved because I don't see a team that will take him lol. I think once both their contracts are done they're gone though. Along with Prospal and Christensen. Within those years a movement will be made to bring these kids up.

bsi
07-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Only problem is that Dubinsky is likely gonna be a better player than the Hobbit, EC and Callahan. I honestly think in order for us to get better we have to unload Drury. Maybe we send him and Staal for Kaberle, I don't know, as long as they take that monkey of a contract off our back. I don't really wanna get rid of Staal but if it means saving 7.5 million it might be worth it, if we got a decent Dman back it might work for us too. Kaberle if they don't deal him this year will be leaving(no pun intended) the leafs at years end, Burke is gonna have to do something instead of losing him, this is just an example of something to do.

nyr1980
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
On its own, I dont really like this deal. Personally, Id like to see this a s the first move of a pair. This move would look a whole lot better if they were to add a real 1st liner in the next few days or weeks.

gabby10
07-26-2010, 09:31 PM
1 year under $1 mil i just heard

liltedspop
07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I would like to see that become a little more specific so you can honor it. I'm not saying that I don't want you to post on here anymore, but it would make things interesting.

"I will go as far as to say I will never post again on this site if they don't sign Frolov and trade Staal for Ryan [B]this season."[B]

Just trying to get rid of any loop holes :)

I like the idea of Ryan, but I don't want to lose Staal. I think once Staal gets back to his original game with his strong defensive skills he has learned/is learning he'll be a commendable defenseman. He may be overrated, but I think it's in his name more than his actual skill. The Staal name is held in high regards in this league and I think that packs on more expectations out of him because of his brothers. Staal is big and can be physical and don't say he can be because people can be turned tough as long as you have the right person preaching it. Don't put him on trial just because he didn't do what you wanted him to last season. He had a good season being around the knuckleheads he plays with. You can't win without offense, but you can't win without defense either. We have the offense, especially if we get Frolov and we have the defense with what we have now. This season I see a great lineup of D in Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Rozy, McD, and Gilroy or someone else that ISN'T REDDEN. Our defense goes up like, a bajillion once he's gone. After Rozy is gone you can throw in McIlrath or maybe Sauer until he's ready and you have a great starting defense.

Basically, Redden is that thing you bought that you were like "Aw yeah this is going to be so awesome I'm gonna use it all the time! I mean, I paid good money so it must work!" Now it's sitting in one spot just never to be used again lol.

i was speaking on the Frolov signing the Staal comments are from a good source but not standing by that with the same firmness as Frolov

gabby10
07-26-2010, 09:37 PM
THIS JUST IN.. there is a new yogurt store that just opened up in the city Fro(lov) Yo!!!

great88
07-26-2010, 11:04 PM
my sources said it will be officially tommorrow early in the afternoon........

and its far from over (expect another UFA russian to be signed shortly)

I wont mention names.......

Sandman
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I really like this move if its as cheap as you guys are saying, especially with cheap vesting options too.

Isca92
07-27-2010, 12:22 AM
First off, Element, love the Redden comparison. LTP, even if what you say doesn't come to fruition it gives us something to talk about, so keep on bringing whatever you hear. Were in the dog days of summer, so whatever sparks conversation is good to me. Plus, the suggested moves make sense, its not like your saying Redden for Crosby lol. Side note, last season's home opener is on msg+.

Now for Frolov, if he's under 3 then fine but if he got 4 last season and if that he wants that or more then thats to much. I also hope that hes not signed for more than 2 years, to keep him hungry.

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 12:25 AM
my sources said it will be officially tommorrow early in the afternoon........

and its far from over (expect another UFA russian to be signed shortly)

I wont mention names.......

if your not just leading us all on... lol... afinigenov? slava kovlov? fedotenko? certainly you cant be talking about kovalchuk bc NHLPA is about to file a grievance so on the .5% chance he signs with us it cant be done "shortly"

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Ok from reading all your posts i see some things i agree with and disagree with.

First MZA on the first line is just crazy, the guy has never played an NHL game so i cant see that happening. He is 3rd or 4th till he proves something.

Staal needs to be signed, we cant go into the season with more rookies and 2 sophmores on D. Throw in Rozy and Redden and it would be ugly. I would be pissed if i was Henrik.

Frolov needs to play with Gabs. We need another potential scorer on that line so they cant just double Gabs. It would open up the ice and allow us to score more goals.

Stephan will prob not make the team out of camp.

lastly, Christensen cannot be our first line center.

In terms of our lines i see it sort of like this:

Frolov-Prospal-Gabs
Dubi-AA-Cally
Avery- Drury-MZA
Prust-Christ-Boog

Staal-Girardi
Redden-Rozy
MDZ- Gilroy

Now that being said the signing of Frolov leaves me to believe that Sather has something worked out in terms of getting rid of Rozy, Redden or Drury.

Now if eklunds rumor is true and Kovie signs with us (how the hell does that happen?) if the Devils contract falls through, we would look great.

Also Brash needs to get traded.

fingerbang
07-27-2010, 12:35 AM

Did your source in edmonton play pond hockey with the Staal brothers too?

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 12:40 AM
You know i know Eklund is full of crap but if we did sign Kovie it would prob mean Drury gets traded and our lines would look pretty sweet. Lets assume we sign Kovie and ditch Redden in the minors, i see our lines looking like this:

Frolov- Prospal- Gabs
Kovie- Dubi- Cally
Avery- AA- MZA/Grachev
Prust- Christ- Boog

Staal- Girardi
Rozy- MDZ
Gilroy- MCD/ Eminger

Maybe Dubi and AA get switched but that team would be something to watch. I would worry about our penalty kill though.

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Ok from reading all your posts i see some things i agree with and disagree with.

First MZA on the first line is just crazy, the guy has never played an NHL game so i cant see that happening. He is 3rd or 4th till he proves something.

Staal needs to be signed, we cant go into the season with more rookies and 2 sophmores on D. Throw in Rozy and Redden and it would be ugly. I would be pissed if i was Henrik.

Frolov needs to play with Gabs. We need another potential scorer on that line so they cant just double Gabs. It would open up the ice and allow us to score more goals.

Stephan will prob not make the team out of camp.

lastly, Christensen cannot be our first line center.

In terms of our lines i see it sort of like this:

Frolov-Prospal-Gabs
Dubi-AA-Cally
Avery- Drury-MZA
Prust-Christ-Boog

Staal-Girardi
Redden-Rozy
MDZ- Gilroy

Now that being said the signing of Frolov leaves me to believe that Sather has something worked out in terms of getting rid of Rozy, Redden or Drury.

Now if eklunds rumor is true and Kovie signs with us (how the hell does that happen?) if the Devils contract falls through, we would look great.

Also Brash needs to get traded.

Ehh the forward lines are good, i am not sold on putting gabs and frolov on the same line, i understand what you are saying that it will open up the ice but we need scoring depth on the second line and the opposing dmen cant play 2 shifts in a row so frolov would have an advantage. As for the dmen you absolutely cannot put gilroy and delzotto together. I for one dont see redden and rozy both on this team next year, one of them is moving. but even if they were id put staal with delzotto, girardi with rozy, and gilroy/eminger/mcdonagh/ with redden. and then in important situations we put girardi and staal out there together like torts did last year.

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 12:47 AM
You know i know Eklund is full of crap but if we did sign Kovie it would prob mean Drury gets traded and our lines would look pretty sweet. Lets assume we sign Kovie and ditch Redden in the minors, i see our lines looking like this:

Frolov- Prospal- Gabs
Kovie- Dubi- Cally
Avery- AA- MZA/Grachev
Prust- Christ- Boog

Staal- Girardi
Rozy- MDZ
Gilroy- MCD/ Eminger

Maybe Dubi and AA get switched but that team would be something to watch. I would worry about our penalty kill though.
thats our dream roster lol. as for the penalty kill we can go with..
1st PK- staal, girardi, cally, and dubi
2nd PK- rozy, MCD, AA, prust... Anisimov actually showed me some impressive defensive skills on the PK last year and has taken to shot blocking very well. Obviously the PK wont be the same without drury but imagine how good the PP would be.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Ehh the forward lines are good, i am not sold on putting gabs and frolov on the same line, i understand what you are saying that it will open up the ice but we need scoring depth on the second line and the opposing dmen cant play 2 shifts in a row so frolov would have an advantage. As for the dmen you absolutely cannot put gilroy and delzotto together. I for one dont see redden and rozy both on this team next year, one of them is moving. but even if they were id put staal with delzotto, girardi with rozy, and gilroy/eminger/mcdonagh/ with redden. and then in important situations we put girardi and staal out there together like torts did last year.

Yeah you are prob right in terms of the dmen. I just kind of typed out names for them because i kind of feel the same way about Redden or Rozy. One of them has to be gone hopefully both.

I understand what you are saying about frolov also and i kind of thought that way too, but the thing that changed my mind was its going to be either Dubi or Frolov on the line at this point. I felt Gabs played well with Prospal the whole year but not so much with Dubi. They did ok but even Torts experimented with Christ on the line with him. Gabs in some games seemed to disappear. I think if he has Frolov on the line, who has immense talent the two could keep each other on their toes. meaning if we are going to get the most out of Frolov its by putting him with top talent to keep him pushing. If he goes on a line with less talent, i can see him disappearing and scoring 19 goals. I think he needs to be happy and playing well makes players happy. Just an opinion, but who knows.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 12:58 AM
thats our dream roster lol. as for the penalty kill we can go with..
1st PK- staal, girardi, cally, and dubi
2nd PK- rozy, MCD, AA, prust... Anisimov actually showed me some impressive defensive skills on the PK last year and has taken to shot blocking very well. Obviously the PK wont be the same without drury but imagine how good the PP would be.

I would love to see the PP. Good call by picking AA, i just question his toughness, makes me a bit nervous. I think thats why he did so well with Shelley and Prust last year.

Either way we still have a great penalty killer in Henrik hehe.

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Yeah you are prob right in terms of the dmen. I just kind of typed out names for them because i kind of feel the same way about Redden or Rozy. One of them has to be gone hopefully both.

I understand what you are saying about frolov also and i kind of thought that way too, but the thing that changed my mind was its going to be either Dubi or Frolov on the line at this point. I felt Gabs played well with Prospal the whole year but not so much with Dubi. They did ok but even Torts experimented with Christ on the line with him. Gabs in some games seemed to disappear. I think if he has Frolov on the line, who has immense talent the two could keep each other on their toes. meaning if we are going to get the most out of Frolov its by putting him with top talent to keep him pushing. If he goes on a line with less talent, i can see him disappearing and scoring 19 goals. I think he needs to be happy and playing well makes players happy. Just an opinion, but who knows.

I also understand what you are saying... I think if gabs can score 40+ goals with dubi and prospal/christensen or some combo like that (as he did this year) than we can put frolov on the 2nd line and get more scoring depth.. like maybe a line of frolov-AA- cally... AA and cally are hard working players and IMO frolov wouldnt disappear on that line bc its not like there is not talent... and there is also the fact that he would basically be playing for his next contract so he is going to want to put up good numbers. The one thing i noticed when i looked at his stats is that his shot totals are significantly low for a borderline 1st line player. He has less than 200 shots. He has got to shoot more IMO.

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 01:05 AM
I would love to see the PP. Good call by picking AA, i just question his toughness, makes me a bit nervous. I think thats why he did so well with Shelley and Prust last year.

Either way we still have a great penalty killer in Henrik hehe.

Lol yea, alot of people want to just stick anisimov on the 4th line bc he had good chemistry with prust and shelly... i want nothing to do with that. He has to much upside and talent to be on the 4th line, and some people may say well than give the 4th line more minutes.. you cant do that bc than you take the minutes and effectiveness of getting the more potent scoring threats on the ice. And who knows just bc he had chemistry with prust doesnt mean he wont have it with cally and frolov.

ElementCo27
07-27-2010, 01:16 AM
You guys may not believe this, and I still can't, but the deal for Frolov is a 1 year $800,000 contract. Take a look.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Frolov-s-agent-says-Rangers-deal-close-market-v?urn=nhl-258317

Isca92
07-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Ill take that deal.

fingerbang
07-27-2010, 01:23 AM
wow, impressive for sather

ElementCo27
07-27-2010, 01:27 AM
He, quite literally, just struck gold with this if it goes through. Essentially, this is a 3-for-1 deal. I'll explain:

1)The Rangers get a high scoring forward for dirt cheap. DIRT!!!
2)It flags for Redden to get sent down.
3)It gives Frolov a chance to get his respect back in the NHL and stay. He is basically restarting his career which is why I feel his contract is so low. We all might see a new Frolov :)

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 01:32 AM
He, quite literally, just struck gold with this if it goes through. Essentially, this is a 3-for-1 deal. I'll explain:

1)The Rangers get a high scoring forward for dirt cheap. DIRT!!!
2)It flags for Redden to get sent down.
3)It gives Frolov a chance to get his respect back in the NHL and stay. He is basically restarting his career which is why I feel his contract is so low. We all might see a new Frolov :)

guarteed he scores 30+ goals this season. and i really hope options for the next season are included.

fingerbang
07-27-2010, 01:33 AM
According to nhlnumbers.com we have 5.3 left in cap space. A .8 hit for frolov means we might be able to re-sign staal without demoting wade. A lot of things can still happen.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 01:33 AM
You guys may not believe this, and I still can't, but the deal for Frolov is a 1 year $800,000 contract. Take a look.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Frolov-s-agent-says-Rangers-deal-close-market-v?urn=nhl-258317

Are they saying that Afin signed for 800k or Frolov?

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 01:34 AM
According to nhlnumbers.com we have 5.3 left in cap space. A .8 hit for frolov means we might be able to re-sign staal without demoting wade. A lot of things can still happen.

MZA is not included in that 5.3 so our actual number is much lower

fingerbang
07-27-2010, 01:36 AM
[QUOTE=commonsense12;14311916]MZA is not included in that 5.3 so our actual number is much lower[/QUOTE

How does his contract work? What if he isn't on the team? Don't really know the details.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Lol yea, alot of people want to just stick anisimov on the 4th line bc he had good chemistry with prust and shelly... i want nothing to do with that. He has to much upside and talent to be on the 4th line, and some people may say well than give the 4th line more minutes.. you cant do that bc than you take the minutes and effectiveness of getting the more potent scoring threats on the ice. And who knows just bc he had chemistry with prust doesnt mean he wont have it with cally and frolov.

I like AA and i agree he has loads of talent, but i do question his toughness and he sometimes skates with his head down. He could get leveled one day and i think he knows it so thats why he plays soft sometimes. With Shelley and Prust he knew he was protected and that is really when his game took off. I hope he can make adjustments but i see him slowly moving up to 3rd line and hopefully 1st or 2nd one day.

ElementCo27
07-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Are they saying that Afin signed for 800k or Frolov?

Good question. It does sound like Afin, but I feel he was just comparing. Regardless, whether it's 800k or 2mil I'm still in because its cheap and the more money the more the idea redden is sent down. I wish they worded that segment a little better though so that thought never crossed my mind XD

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=commonsense12;14311916]MZA is not included in that 5.3 so our actual number is much lower[/QUOTE

How does his contract work? What if he isn't on the team? Don't really know the details.

According to http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=NYR thats what it looks like.

Isca92
07-27-2010, 01:40 AM
MZA is only 900k for 2 years.

NECKLOCK
07-27-2010, 01:40 AM
Element that was Afinogenovs contract at 800,000. My source said they gave Frolov 3 different contract structures to think over ranging from 1-3 years. Some incentive and performance based and the one he was leaning towards was a 1yr deal worth 3.2mil and it has performance clauses that would have his salary go to 4.5mil in yr 2 if he decided to renew his contract. There is also discussion about him taking an even lower salary if the Rangers are able to bring in Kovalchuk somewhere in the range of 1.8mil. So if I see that contract come out tom I'll have a feeling somehow that's in the works.

fingerbang
07-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Jumped the gun then. 3.2 for frolov might be steep considering how bad he was last season.

ElementCo27
07-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Ok, thanks for clearing up the contract $$$. My bad everyone, context was not what I thought XD.

However, I feel the whole thing with Kovy is contradicting in a way. He's leaving LA because his fate with that team was dependent on another player and now his contract will change whether that same player joins the team he's going to? That just doesn't make sense to me. The only way it does is if he's doing it in spite of LA and taking even LESS money to get the guy his former team wants.

If it's true and the Rangers do get Kovy, then I just don't see Staal being a Ranger anymore unfortunately.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 01:47 AM
MZA is only 900k for 2 years.

According to the site, His cap hit is 1.75 but his salary is 900k, not sure how that works maybe a signing bonus or something.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Ok, thanks for clearing up the contract $$$. My bad everyone, context was not what I thought XD.

However, I feel the whole thing with Kovy is contradicting in a way. He's leaving LA because his fate with that team was dependent on another player and now his contract will change whether that same player joins the team he's going to? That just doesn't make sense to me. The only way it does is if he's doing it in spite of LA and taking even LESS money to get the guy his former team wants.

If it's true and the Rangers do get Kovy, then I just don't see Staal being a Ranger anymore unfortunately.

Only way Kovie is a Ranger if Drury gets traded and Redden is sent down. Frolov being signed means to me that something else is happening.

ElementCo27
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Drury can't be traded unless he waives his no movement clause.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 01:57 AM
Drury can't be traded unless he waives his no movement clause.

He would prob waive it to go to Colorado or Calgary. Those were the 2 teams that he has been rumored to anyways.

Colorado being the prob destination.

NECKLOCK
07-27-2010, 02:01 AM
My contact also tells me that the flood gates of moves is about to open. Most small but all with the intention of bringing aboard more scoring from the forwards and from the defensemen. The players and teams involved with all scenarios are the same as they have been for the last couple of months. Trade partners they are talking to include Ana,Edmonton,LA,Wash, Chi and now the AVS. LTP is starting to make me a believer with his thoughts on moving Staal and that was confirmed with my source with the team. The usual suspects Staal,Redden,Rozy,Drury and Duby. I have a 2nd source with wash that made me a believer that a trade could be in the works for a puck moving D'man. My assumption would be Mike Green but neither source has given me specifics yet because nothing was close yet and won't be til the Kovy saga is settled. The fact they gave me Colorado as a trade partner made me begin to think of some high priced talent we could dump on them because they have tons of cap space and they are the kind of team to eat a big contract for a yr or 2 if it meant getting prospects and picks but I don't know what they'd be willing to give up. The other Frolov rumor I just heard is that he'd be willing to play for less if the Rangers sign Afinogenov if the Kovy thing doesn't happy. It def fits in to his premadonna rep. Imagin Frlov and Afinogenov for a combined 3.5 mil.

NECKLOCK
07-27-2010, 02:05 AM
How bad Frolov was fingerbang? He would have been the 3rd leading scorer on our team with 51pts and prior to last yr he was a consistent 60-70pt scorer over the course of 7yrs. More consistent than Afinogenov who people on here have been saying theyd prefer to getting frolov.

rocowear21
07-27-2010, 02:06 AM
I read somewhere that drury wasnt was not going to move his no trade clause. I heard that his kids loved NY schools and his wife was happy in NY. I just dont see him leaving specially to move all the way across the country with the AVs or to canada

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Obviously any player that is holding out is going to be brought up in trade rumors. It serves 2 purposes. One to get the player to budge if they wanna stay with their team and 2 if that player cant be signed it allows you to get talent for him. I still think its a mistake to trade him. If we trade Staal and Redden is demoted our defense consists of Rozy, Girardi, Gilroy, MDZ, MCD and Eminger. That is hardly a good defensive unit.

A big contract has to be moved somehow so i would say something will go down somewhat soon. The Frolov signing signals that (to me anyways).

Frolov and Afin would be interesting but would also mean no Kovie. Could be interesting.

commonsense12
07-27-2010, 02:21 AM
I think Drury would waive his no trade clause to go back to Colorado. He started his career there and he played i think 4 yrs there. I dont see Drury being that guy to hold it up because no matter what happens he will not be resigned in 2 yrs. So either he makes a permanent home in the NY area and retires at the end of 2012 or he plays somewhere else eventually.

dashripdot
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Now with that line up we basically dont have the room for kovi. Unless we involved another player or so in the trade involving staal which i dont think will happen. Avery isnt going anywhere. Prust is a Guarantee. Boogy has to play guys.

I really wish we didnt resign Prospal. Really a waste of a roster spot. He plays hard every night but that spot should have been left open for a prospect. I would rather have a player like grachev get some ice time in the bigs then prospal.

I would also prefer ryan over frolov as most of us agree with. I still say the rags should turn around and offer Dubi, Staal, Grachev Saur for Ryan and Getzlaf. I believe that would be a amazing deal with us. Yes we lose Grachev and Dubi. But I take Ryan over Grachev and Getzlaf over dubi any day. If the trade isnt enough I then add in some picks. Maybe washingtons second and or our first

Why would Anaheim give up their two best players when they're either under contract (Getzlaf) or under RFA control (Ryan)? There is no incentive for Anaheim to do that deal, even if they felt it was for equal value, which they would not. And, they're $16 mil under the cap before re-signing Ryan.

dashripdot
07-27-2010, 08:46 AM
He would prob waive it to go to Colorado or Calgary. Those were the 2 teams that he has been rumored to anyways.

Colorado being the prob destination.

Drury just gave an interview about being the captain and the coming season. If he had agreed to a deal, he would have passed on the interview.

liltedspop
07-27-2010, 09:39 AM
I have it from a source with no reason to lie that the Rangers are attempting to bring in 2 star offensive player both 1st. line players & Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan & Evgeny Grachev, Matt Gilroy would be going back the other way. I hear the deal is with Anaheim & as I mentioned before the names coming back are Ryan Getzlaf & Bobby Ryan. The Rangers would then send Redden to Hartford clearing the necessary space to get under the salary cap. My source tells me that this is already well in to the discussion stage. I told you guys about this 2 weeks ago & I continue to stand buy this & heard that this deal could get done in the very near future!

NYR_NYJ
07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
That would be rather exciting LTP.

Where does that put the ruomor of Frolov signing for a year?

dashripdot
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I have it from a source with no reason to lie that the Rangers are attempting to bring in 2 star offensive player both 1st. line players & Marc Staal, Ryan Callahan & Evgeny Grachev, Matt Gilroy would be going back the other way. I hear the deal is with Anaheim & as I mentioned before the names coming back are Ryan Getzlaf & Bobby Ryan. The Rangers would then send Redden to Hartford clearing the necessary space to get under the salary cap. My source tells me that this is already well in to the discussion stage. I told you guys about this 2 weeks ago & I continue to stand buy this & heard that this deal could get done in the very near future!

Did the source get it from somebody with the Rangers or somebody with the Ducks?

NYSportsRule
07-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Assuming Staal is first priority (which he must be), getting scoring is clearly the second priority. Frolov is basically Zherdev Part II. He will score a bit, go into a funk and get reamed by Torts and go into a shell. Any takers want the other side of that bet?

That being said we need goals, sign him if we can make it fit under the cap (anything at or less then $4m sounds about right). Otherwise, let him go to Russia...

My projected lines:

Frolov Prospal Gaborik
Dubinsky Christensen Callahan
Avery Drury Prust
Zucco/Stepan Anisimov Boogard

Staal Girardi
Eminger DZ
Gilroy Roszival (rather have McD here but assume we are stuck with Roszival)

Cannot wait for season to start!

NYSportsRule
07-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I would be willing to bet the house Anaheim does not make that deal unless Slats has pics of Anaheim hierarchy with sheep!

RangersFan14
07-27-2010, 10:38 AM
My only concern with the Anaheim deal is who are we going to have play defense for us?

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 10:59 AM

fantastic if its true. that is a lot to give up though. i would rather see dubi go than callahan but thats just me. we would only than have girardi, MDZ, rozy, eminger... i guess MCD and the undertaker would really get a shot under these circumstances.

liltedspop
07-27-2010, 11:04 AM
That would be rather exciting LTP.

Where does that put the ruomor of Frolov signing for a year?

Frolov is a done deal it will be officially announced later this afternoon.

dashripdot
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Where did the source get the info? Still waiting.

dashripdot
07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
fantastic if its true. that is a lot to give up though. i would rather see dubi go than callahan but thats just me. we would only than have girardi, MDZ, rozy, eminger... i guess MCD and the undertaker would really get a shot under these circumstances.

It's a lot for Anaheim to give up. I like all of the Rangers' players involved, but if Murray makes that deal, he's not only hung in effigy, they'll string him up for real.

liltedspop
07-27-2010, 11:15 AM
guys forget about getting my source I'm not giving it up, he's a reader of this site & a good friend who is very well connected to the league. Thats all I am giving you if it's not enough then dont read or comment on the post.

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 11:18 AM
It's a lot for Anaheim to give up. I like all of the Rangers' players involved, but if Murray makes that deal, he's not only hung in effigy, they'll string him up for real.

i dont think its feasible to trade for both of them, one of them maybe.. most likely bobby ryan.

FrankduhhTank
07-27-2010, 11:18 AM
i would love to see that, but i just dont think there is any way Anaheim makes that trade. for what reason are they giving up 2 of their best players?

mmmrevolver93
07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
My contact also tells me that the flood gates of moves is about to open. Most small but all with the intention of bringing aboard more scoring from the forwards and from the defensemen. The players and teams involved with all scenarios are the same as they have been for the last couple of months. Trade partners they are talking to include Ana,Edmonton,LA,Wash, Chi and now the AVS. LTP is starting to make me a believer with his thoughts on moving Staal and that was confirmed with my source with the team. The usual suspects Staal,Redden,Rozy,Drury and Duby. I have a 2nd source with wash that made me a believer that a trade could be in the works for a puck moving D'man. My assumption would be Mike Green but neither source has given me specifics yet because nothing was close yet and won't be til the Kovy saga is settled. The fact they gave me Colorado as a trade partner made me begin to think of some high priced talent we could dump on them because they have tons of cap space and they are the kind of team to eat a big contract for a yr or 2 if it meant getting prospects and picks but I don't know what they'd be willing to give up. The other Frolov rumor I just heard is that he'd be willing to play for less if the Rangers sign Afinogenov if the Kovy thing doesn't happy. It def fits in to his premadonna rep. Imagin Frlov and Afinogenov for a combined 3.5 mil.

is this source reliable in your opinion? and wow mike green and his 70+ points!!! that would be awesome. imagine a PP of frolov, gaborik, prospal with MDZ and mike green at the points!

waffles
07-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey liltedspop, do you think they would throw in Perry and Sbisa if Sathers throws in Rozy? I think that's a fair trade. Maybe you can ask your source to pitch that to Sather??????

idk idk maybe it really depends on how much Anaheim likes Rozy, right?????????

waffles
07-27-2010, 11:47 AM
(nope .)