PDA

View Full Version : Jays Farm System

jmoney23
07-25-2010, 07:14 PM
A couple weeks ago I was reading the Prospect Chat on Baseball America, where they answer questions baseball fans email about prospects. A guy from Toronto I believe asked if the Jays have a Top 10 system this season. Jim Callis, who handles most of the Prospect Chats and does a lot for BA said if Jays can sign McGuire, along with a couple of the higher unsigned picks, that they would be a definite Top 10 system. Personally, as a long time Jays fan, this gets me excited for the future, especially since we were always among the worst systems when Ricciardi was GM (not surprising). What do you guys think about all of this and do you agree with Baseball America??

BlueJayCarter
07-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Well they have signed Sweeny and Thorn, two tough signs. Those two young supplimental round prospects seem interesting and if they can sign Dyson and some of the other prospects I think they could be in the top 15, maybe 10. I like to see what A.A does in a deeper draft next year. And what they get back in any trades before the deadline.

ah nuts
07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Well they have signed Sweeny and Thorn, two tough signs. Those two young supplimental round prospects seem interesting and if they can sign Dyson and some of the other prospects I think they could be in the top 15, maybe 10. I like to see what A.A does in a deeper draft next year. And what they get back in any trades before the deadline.

it wouldn't surprise me in 3-4 years time, the escobar trade will be compared to the alomar or carter acquisition.

can't wait for aug 1.