PDA

View Full Version : Is tomorrow the biggest basketball day since July 8th?

Boston Faithful
07-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Chris Paul is meeting with the Hornets tomorrow to speak to them about being traded. Coming out of that meeting, it should be known whether Paul is being traded or not.

Secondly, Tracy McGrady is meeting with the Bulls and he's working out to see if he's free of injury to possibly be signed. He could end up being one of the best signings if he's healthy and slots in at SG for the Bulls or as their 6th man.

There isn't many free agents left out there, just some big names (Shaq, T-Mac, Iverson, Josh Howard) and some role players that could help out contenders (Shannon Brown, Will Bynum, Jerry Stackhouse, Earl Watson).

Is this the biggest day in free agency since the 8th?

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 04:37 PM
in short.... no

there is nothing to say that you will have any clarity on the paul situation tomorrow.
The team is under no obligation to trade him, much less trade him right away.

Diggy_2
07-25-2010, 04:43 PM
No

acehole
07-25-2010, 04:45 PM
nope

ClayMatthews
07-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Um.. no.

Brooklyn Mets
07-25-2010, 04:49 PM
well the fact that there could be nothing officially done tomorrow I would say no

OA SLAY
07-25-2010, 04:54 PM
NO! Paul will hold a 1 hour Espn special on Aug.14 labled "the decision" to infrom us on his future plans. That will be the Big Day!.......(Brett Farve will also report to camp on this day.)

still1ballin
07-25-2010, 04:54 PM
no

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Lol ima go with yes because pretty much nothing has happened since July 8th and tomorrow is going to be very interesting. I could care less if T Mac goes to the Bulls because he is sadly never gonna be the same and is an average player that still thinks hes got it which isnt good lol. But CP3 i do care about and if he says i want out and the NOH agrees than this could be huge.

td0tsfinest
07-25-2010, 04:58 PM
No, cause nothing is going to happen tomorrow. Its just going to create more speculatoin.

blastmasta26
07-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Lol ima go with yes because pretty much nothing has happened since July 8th and tomorrow is going to be very interesting. I could care less if T Mac goes to the Bulls because he is sadly never gonna be the same and is an average player that still thinks hes got it which isnt good lol. But CP3 i do care about and if he says i want out and the NOH agrees than this could be huge.

Exactly, hell even if nothing happens, just the speculation will make it the biggest day since July 8th.

DerekRE_3
07-25-2010, 05:00 PM
This is definitely thread worthy.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 05:02 PM
lol whats he going to decide, where the team that owns his rights will trade him?

he has very little say.

netsgiantsyanks
07-25-2010, 05:03 PM
nope. because espn wont overhype it for 24 hours.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 05:04 PM
nope. because espn wont overhype it for 24 hours.

-24 hours
+two years

kjoke
07-25-2010, 05:14 PM
i think it will be pretty big

im 95% certain cp3 wans out bad, and will proabably get things rolling after monday

Boston Faithful
07-25-2010, 06:12 PM
No, cause nothing is going to happen tomorrow. Its just going to create more speculatoin.

How do you know McGrady won't sign?

JNA17
07-25-2010, 06:19 PM
no

monty77
07-25-2010, 06:21 PM
maybe mcgrady sign! but no crish paul

Kashmir13579
07-25-2010, 06:24 PM
shannon brown :dance: is a much more valuable pick up than tmac IMO

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 06:40 PM
I hope the bulls get tmac...the guy is garbage.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-25-2010, 06:46 PM
hell no

BKNets21
07-25-2010, 06:54 PM
No... I don't think we're gonna know where CP3 is going for awhile.

Vinsane#15
07-25-2010, 06:57 PM
I think by Tues. CP3 is a goner, but not to a team like Ny. Maybe to Portland or Orlando. Unless ofcourse there is a darkhorse in all of this. The problem is LeBron is trying to gain power on the rest of the league by actually telling players to demand trades. Why does Stern give this immature Diva so much power? Mind your business and stop telling other players where to go.

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 06:58 PM
i hope bulls get tmac i hope the nets get AI i hope, i hope josh howard go's to the clippers and i hope shaq goes to the spurs

no this isnt as good as the 8th but the 8th went from cant wait to this ***** is dumb

netsgiantsyanks
07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
i hope bulls get tmac i hope the nets get AI i hope, i hope josh howard go's to the clippers and i hope shaq goes to the spurs

no this isnt as good as the 8th but the 8th went from cant wait to this ***** is dumb

the nets dont need A.I.

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 07:00 PM
the nets dont need A.I.

well it would be a good place for him ... if he got over his ego atleast

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I think by Tues. CP3 is a goner, but not to a team like Ny. Maybe to Portland or Orlando. Unless ofcourse there is a darkhorse in all of this. The problem is LeBron is trying to gain power on the rest of the league by actually telling players to demand trades. Why does Stern give this immature Diva so much power? Mind your business and stop telling other players where to go.

what makes you think he wont go to ny?
he has no leverage here, he is under contract for more than next season.

The team will trade him where ever suits them best
and if they find someone that is willing to take okafors mess off their hands while getting a expiring deal itll get done.

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 07:20 PM

and if they find someone that is willing to take okafors mess off their hands while getting a expiring deal itll get done.

NY's package sucks

lakers4sho
07-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Chris who?

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Chris who?

chris brown he use to play for the titans....not the woman beater lol

avrpatsfan
07-25-2010, 07:38 PM
No.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 07:38 PM
NY's package sucks

again missing the point

if the hornets come out and say the only way we deal him is with okafor to get cap relief, there arent many teams that will be willing let alone able to do that.

Vinsane#15
07-25-2010, 07:48 PM

What does NY have to offer that NO wants? NO is going to trade Paul based on how it HELPS THEM not CP3. NO is going to want a combination of picks, cash, young talent for him. If this were two years ago, you'd be dumb if you didn't jump on the idea of getting him but his knee scares me.

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Why does NO want to trade him at all...If i'm CP3 I obviously want the hell out of there. But from NO perspective, they have a top5 player in the game, and that't not going to change over the next year. I would hold onto him for at least another season.

And some of these trade proposals NY fans are recommending are really awful:facepalm: When is the last time you saw a team give away a top5 player?

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-25-2010, 08:07 PM
NO! Paul will hold a 1 hour Espn special on Aug.14 labled "the decision" to infrom us on his future plans. That will be the Big Day!.......(Brett Farve will also report to camp on this day.)

Thats my birthday :D

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:10 PM
What does NY have to offer that NO wants? NO is going to trade Paul based on how it HELPS THEM not CP3. NO is going to want a combination of picks, cash, young talent for him. If this were two years ago, you'd be dumb if you didn't jump on the idea of getting him but his knee scares me.

a team that is looking at changing ownership and getting sold, shouldnt trade their only marketable asset, but if they do they will dump salary and look for cap relief along with young players.

i dont think he will be traded at all, but whats orlando got thats that much better? they gonna trade nelson and carter? nelson would be a overpriced backup. and vc is a expensive washed up rental.

Again i dont think he will be traded, based on the fact that he has little say in things. Hes not a pending free agent, so he just needs to shut up and play.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Why does NO want to trade him at all...If i'm CP3 I obviously want the hell out of there. But from NO perspective, they have a top5 player in the game, and that't not going to change over the next year. I would hold onto him for at least another season.

And some of these trade proposals NY fans are recommending are really awful:facepalm: When is the last time you saw a team give away a top5 player?

if they do trade him, no matter who they trade with they wont be getting equal value, and the backlash from the fan base would be huge.

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
if they do trade him, no matter who they trade with they wont be getting equal value, and the backlash from the fan base would be huge.

I really can't see them trading him. Why would this new guy who is going to buy the team even bother buying them. That team is almost worthless without Paul.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:33 PM
I really can't see them trading him. Why would this new guy who is going to buy the team even bother buying them. That team is almost worthless without Paul.

imagine if they traded him and got back jameer nelson and vince carter? lol

if they do trade him, which i dont think they will
they go into automatic rebuilding mode which means youth and cap space.

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:36 PM
imagine if they traded him and got back jameer nelson and vince carter? lol

if they do trade him, which i dont think they will
they go into automatic rebuilding mode which means youth and cap space.

Yea, if they trade him, Okefor is probably gone too. I would like to see him go to NY, but idk. I thought No was in the WCF like 2 years ago. Tyson Chandler use to play great for them.:shrug:

king4day
07-25-2010, 08:39 PM
If he was dealt tomorrow then sure. Otherwise, no.
TMac isn't really big news if he signs. No one wants him for a reason. He's coming off a big injury and isn't the same player (to this point). Thus, why he's not highly sought after and why he's one of the last remaining 'names' to be signed.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Yea, if they trade him, Okefor is probably gone too. I would like to see him go to NY, but idk. I thought No was in the WCF like 2 years ago. Tyson Chandler use to play great for them.:shrug:

and then the question is how many teams have the ability or willingness to take on okafors contract and send back expiring deals to match. Its not a likely scenario.

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:42 PM
and then the question is how many teams have the ability or willingness to take on okafors contract and send back expiring deals to match. Its not a likely scenario.

The better question, is what kind of moves can NO make to improve there team.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:51 PM
The better question, is what kind of moves can NO make to improve there team.

when compared to losing paul? none

the catch is they cant have it all
if they want cap relief and getting rid of okafor... nobody is going to give up much by way of young talent and picks. or vice versa.

bodupp311
07-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I hope the bulls get tmac...the guy is garbage.

:cricket:

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:58 PM
:cricket:

How many teams want him?

bodupp311
07-25-2010, 09:35 PM
How many teams want him?

:shrug:

Public Enemy #1
07-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Nahhhhh

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 09:53 PM
How many teams want him?

Tracy can still be help out a lot of teams, if healthy. He could give you 10-15 solid minutes every night.

Would be a nice pickup..

xbrackattackx
07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Tracy can still be help out a lot of teams, if healthy. He could give you 10-15 solid minutes every night.

Would be a nice pickup..

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Would be a nice pickup..

That's a huge huge if. But still, he is garbage until he can show he can play for more then 3 weeks.

hgtiger32
07-25-2010, 10:08 PM
haha the thread was an interesting one, especially the 1st point about CP3 which is valid. But I had to read the 2nd post 2-3 times...he could be one of the best signings bla bla bla...lol at 1-being one of the best signings and 2-even being mentioned in a thread titled "is tomorrow the biggest basketball day since july 8th?" :facepalm:

dodie53
07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
more questions than answers

blazerman
07-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Chris Paul is meeting with the Hornets tomorrow to speak to them about being traded. Coming out of that meeting, it should be known whether Paul is being traded or not.

Secondly, Tracy McGrady is meeting with the Bulls and he's working out to see if he's free of injury to possibly be signed. He could end up being one of the best signings if he's healthy and slots in at SG for the Bulls or as their 6th man.

There isn't many free agents left out there, just some big names (Shaq, T-Mac, Iverson, Josh Howard) and some role players that could help out contenders (Shannon Brown, Will Bynum, Jerry Stackhouse, Earl Watson).

Is this the biggest day in free agency since the 8th?

If things dont panout for Paul and the Hornets, Paul will end up a Blazer, watch!

As fart as "Mcwashed up aka TMac", he may catch a line or two on the last page of the sports section!

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 12:10 AM
It's not important and this entire thread is f'king stupid. The hornets don't have to trade paul and he's got no leverage over where they send him should they decide to trade him. I don't care what lebron is whispering in his ear if they traded him it wouldn't be where he wanted to go and since he's got no leverage expect him to stay in NO for the time being.

TEXASTITAN
07-26-2010, 12:11 AM

Would be a nice pickup..

Tracy is garbage he needs to just hang it up and let it go.

dimedrpr
07-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Hmmm...biggest day since 2 weeks ago? That's a tough call. Who cares?

caddiemaster
07-26-2010, 12:52 AM
your a dork!

nanablvd
07-26-2010, 01:18 AM
If CP3 gets traded to NY later this summer, that day will probably be the biggest day since July 8th

What?
07-26-2010, 02:21 AM
If CP3 gets traded to NY later this summer, that day will probably be the biggest day since July 8th

Am pretty sure if he gets traded anywhere that will be the biggest day since july 8th:rolleyes:

mynameismo
07-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Is there anything bigger than "The Decision"?

"How many minutes do we have left? - 58 minutes."

bbcmillionaire
07-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Lol with tmac we coming for that #1 spot

hans dolo
07-26-2010, 08:48 AM
no, period