PDA

View Full Version : Serious question here...

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Don't fill this thread with nonsense and get it closed, I really feel like this topic needs to be answered... I wasn't here months ago and am not sure how many of you this applies to but I do know that LeBron James was the NBA's sweetheart before his move to Miami... I know all of the people calling out a lot of Miami fans for being bandwagon fans, but if you loved LeBron beforehand and all of a sudden hate him because of one decision, doesn't that make you as much in the wrong as a bandwagon fan for hopping off of a person's back just as fast as so many jump onto a team's?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:26 AM
Anyone??

SugeKnight
07-25-2010, 04:28 AM
ehh. i dont think it works that way

Gators123
07-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Never thought about it like that.

jmtapia
07-25-2010, 04:34 AM
LBJ is the best basketball talent in the world and earned his opportunity to play where ever he wanted... Its absolutely clear that all he cares about is winning.

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 04:36 AM
I never liked him, actually i cant stand him. I always hoped he would get knocked out of the playoffs and liked seeing him get beat. I dont blame him for the way he carries himself, its the medias(espn) fault that has made him believe that hes the "chosen one", the Cavs fans were fooled into it as many others, now its Miami. I dont wanna sound like im beating a dead horse but all that nonsense of the "decision" really rubbed a whole lot of people the wrong way and its something that I think he'll regret eventually

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 04:40 AM
Just look at threads from a couple months back. It was all about Lebron, how he was going to improve respective teams, why he wasnt going to such team, who had better complementary players for him to play with, etc... Now that he has decided, he has become egotistical, why would he do such an atrousity to Cleveland, he will never be the best.

In summary, yes, people have jumped off his bandwagon. The only thing that bothers me are the bangwagon fans that jump on. God i hate these guys.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Just look at threads from a couple months back. It was all about Lebron, how he was going to improve respective teams, why he wasnt going to such team, who had better complementary players for him to play with, etc... Now that he has decided, he has become egotistical, why would he do such an atrousity to Cleveland, he will never be the best.

In summary, yes, people have jumped off his bandwagon. The only thing that bothers me are the bangwagon fans that jump on. God i hate these guys.

Agreed, bandwagon fans suck. I see how some people would think I am by the way I take LeBron's back, but I am just a LeBron James fan, have been for 10 years (Yes, 10 years) and am not going to change that regardless of what team he plays for. I'm a Pacer fan for Christ's sake!

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 04:44 AM
Even if Lebron would have stayed in Cleveland I would of still felt the same way about him. Believe me theres a whole lot of fans that have never liked Lebron

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 04:45 AM
I never liked him, actually i cant stand him. I always hoped he would get knocked out of the playoffs and liked seeing him get beat. I dont blame him for the way he carries himself, its the medias(espn) fault that has made him believe that hes the "chosen one", the Cavs fans were fooled into it as many others, now its Miami. I dont wanna sound like im beating a dead horse but all that nonsense of the "decision" really rubbed a whole lot of people the wrong way and its something that I think he'll regret eventually

He should be regreting it now, it was a horrible idea. I blame his agent more than anything else. but it came with the hype. Remember we were talking about Lebron's free agency TWO YEARS in advance, teams brokered their plans around this, so it came with the territory.

What i dont agree with is it "really rubbed people the wrong way" b.s, the only people i sympathize with is cleveland. Everyone else would have defended him if he would have signed with their club. Its just how it works. Most fans are hypocrits

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Even if Lebron would have stayed in Cleveland I would of still felt the same way about him. Believe me theres a whole lot of fans that have never liked Lebron

That's fine and dandy, then leave the thread if it doesn't apply to you or watch from the sidelines because I personally know around 10 people that were on his dick the night before the decision and knew about the decision being an hour long special on espn and had no problem with it because they thought lebron was staying in Cleveland... Then he chooses Miami and Bam! **** LEBRON JAMES HE'S A LOSER! Those guys are who this is directed at, I know that there are ALOT of them everywhere, here must be no different.

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Agreed, bandwagon fans suck. I see how some people would think I am by the way I take LeBron's back, but I am just a LeBron James fan, have been for 10 years (Yes, 10 years) and am not going to change that regardless of what team he plays for. I'm a Pacer fan for Christ's sake!

Its not the bandwagon that bothers me, its the stupidity jumping on the bandwagon.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:49 AM
He should be regreting it now, it was a horrible idea. I blame his agent more than anything else. but it came with the hype. Remember we were talking about Lebron's free agency TWO YEARS in advance, teams brokered their plans around this, so it came with the territory.

What i dont agree with is it "really rubbed people the wrong way" b.s, the only people i sympathize with is cleveland. Everyone else would have defended him if he would have signed with their club. Its just how it works. Most fans are hypocrits

Exactly, it wasn't even Lebron's idea, it was the agents. They pitched the idea to ESPN and they jumped allllll over it. Everyone caring so much is to blame. Regardless of if you like him or not, there were so many people watching that.

The second paragraph is just an amazing take on it. Hypocrits :facepalm:

5ass
07-25-2010, 04:50 AM
i dont get the whole bandwagon fan thing anyway, arent you supposed to like a team because of their players? i mean if im a huge fan of chris bosh, d.wade and lebron and they suddenly all become on the same team how can i not be a fan? (and im not a miami heat fan anyway, cz i hated lebron even when he was with cleveland and still hate him now)

bklynny67
07-25-2010, 04:51 AM
the problem people have with Lebron is not that he left CLE but its the way he did it. he gave his CLE fans hope, along with a few other teams like NY and CHI when it seems pretty clear the plan all along was to go to MIA to follow his friends there. and the "Decision" show was just ridiculous. people hate him because of how big of a deal he made this and because he waited for Wade and Bosh to sign so he could follow them. he said a while ago he wanted to bring the NBA back to where it was in the 80's and 90's and then he does what he did with having a show on national tv just to annouce where he's signing his contract, and it was only cuz 2 of the other top players went there first. he would have never made his decision first cuz he's already decided he cant do it alone. he always made it seem like he wanted to be the best. well, to be the best you have to beat the best. not join them. you think Jordan, Magic, and Bird wanted to join forces? no way! they wanted to beat each other to be the best.

i have no problem with Lebron following those guys to MIA. i only have a problem with the way he did it and all the bs he fed his fans. 25 yr old superstars dont become ring chasers that early in their career. i dont think Patrick Ewing ever wanted to team up with Stockton and Malone so they could all get rings. they continued to try to beat the best and it just didnt happen. the NBA has always been a sport where players usually stay very loyal to their team and to their fans. Lebron ruined that not cuz he left, but they way he left.

thats my take

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 04:53 AM
I personally know around 10 people that were on his dick the night before the decision and knew about the decision being an hour long special on espn and had no problem with it because they thought lebron was staying in Cleveland... Then he chooses Miami and Bam! **** LEBRON JAMES HE'S A LOSER! Those guys are who this is directed at, I know that there are ALOT of them everywhere, here must be no different.

Exactly. I was one of them (difference is he signed with my team), and im not sure Heat fans would have been so negative towards him going elsewhere due to the fact that we had signed Wade and Bosh the day before.

But everyone was just as excited, they were jumping up and down when he came out, they were anxious, then........they f-Lebron, he sucks. (except me, i went crazy, and possibly all of Miami, best night ever!). I just dont get some of the reasoning with these fans. Get over it and lets play ball.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:57 AM
i dont get the whole bandwagon fan thing anyway, arent you supposed to like a team because of their players? i mean if im a huge fan of chris bosh, d.wade and lebron and they suddenly all become on the same team how can i not be a fan? (and im not a miami heat fan anyway, cz i hated lebron even when he was with cleveland and still hate him now)

^^^That post I found completely and utterly awesome...

he always made it seem like he wanted to be the best. well, to be the best you have to beat the best. not join them. you think Jordan, Magic, and Bird wanted to join forces? no way! they wanted to beat each other to be the best.

i have no problem with Lebron following those guys to MIA. i only have a problem with the way he did it and all the bs he fed his fans. 25 yr old superstars dont become ring chasers that early in their career. i dont think Patrick Ewing ever wanted to team up with Stockton and Malone so they could all get rings. they continued to try to beat the best and it just didnt happen. the NBA has always been a sport where players usually stay very loyal to their team and to their fans. Lebron ruined that not cuz he left, but they way he left.

thats my take

That's you're take along with every single guy that you mentioned, since they all decided that their opinion mattered all of a sudden... I see where you're coming from but at the same time you can't compare the two because the Ewing, Malone, Stockton thing was never preconcieved... Because they weren't all best friends that had dreamed of playing together. Same thing with Jordan Bird and Magic... Screw what Jordan or Bird said about it, they wanted to play against each other. They weren't best of friends like these guys... I just don't see the comparison when the situations are SO different... Ewing played and got to live in NEW YORK... Jordan got to play in CHICAGO... Bird got to play in BOSTON! Magic in LOS ANGELES... All better franchises and far more desireable places to live than Cleveland. The teams of those mentioned players were ALL better than the Cavs. The argument you guys set forth is too... wrong!

Enemey
07-25-2010, 04:58 AM
I don't know if I ever liked Lebron but I used to respect him back in 2008 because he was the underdog and I wanted him to beat wizards for talking **** and beating his ***, also I wanted him to beat the celtics in 08. Then a year later I noticed his behavior when he started to win he got Cocky doing childish things, started to dance on the court while game was in play just completely disrespecting other teams. I hate how he talks in 3rd person . And a couple other things too, but the Decision made me lose all respect. And now I hate him !

PistonsFan14
07-25-2010, 04:59 AM
interesting but yeah like others have said. Its the way he did it. Cavs fans were convinced he was going back to cleveland when he did the whole decision thing on ESPN. In their forum they were saying there is no way he will embarss us on natinal TV.

Hmmm...

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:01 AM
I don't know if I ever liked Lebron but I used to respect him back in 2008 because he was the underdog and I wanted him to beat wizards for talking **** and beating his ***, also I wanted him to beat the celtics in 08. Then a year later I noticed his behavior when he started to win he got Cocky doing childish things, started to dance on the court while game was in play just completely disrespecting other teams. I hate how he talks in 3rd person . And a couple other things too, but the Decision made me lose all respect. And now I hate him !

Lol! Some good reasons there, I can't even front. You mentioned a couple of few things I've started to dislike, no lie! But come on, isn't he just the man! I think a lot of people will be gravitated back towards his dick when he's kicking *** and basketball is actually being played...

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:01 AM
the problem people have with Lebron is not that he left CLE but its the way he did it. he gave his CLE fans hope, along with a few other teams like NY and CHI when it seems pretty clear the plan all along was to go to MIA to follow his friends there. and the "Decision" show was just ridiculous. people hate him because of how big of a deal he made this and because he waited for Wade and Bosh to sign so he could follow them. he said a while ago he wanted to bring the NBA back to where it was in the 80's and 90's and then he does what he did with having a show on national tv just to annouce where he's signing his contract, and it was only cuz 2 of the other top players went there first. he would have never made his decision first cuz he's already decided he cant do it alone. he always made it seem like he wanted to be the best. well, to be the best you have to beat the best. not join them. you think Jordan, Magic, and Bird wanted to join forces? no way! they wanted to beat each other to be the best.

thats my take

And your take is exactly where i extrct my argument from.

You start off by saying, its the way he did it. Fine agreed, he didnt do it right, i dont agree with it either.

But how can you then say he gave CLE, NY, CHI hope? He gave all teams hope! he didnt have to go anywhere specifically just because we like him. Thats why i dont buy the "the i dont agree with how he did it" argument, you dont agree with the disappointment that your team has for not being able to sign him. If he would have signed in NY, im sure you really wouldnt have cared how Cleveland felt.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:06 AM
And your take is exactly where i extrct my argument from.

You start off by saying, its the way he did it. Fine agreed, he didnt do it right, i dont agree with it either.

But how can you then say he gave CLE, NY, CHI hope? He gave all teams hope! he didnt have to go anywhere specifically just because we like him. Thats why i dont buy the "the i dont agree with how he did it" argument, you dont agree with the disappointment that your team has for not being able to sign him. If he would have signed in NY, im sure you really wouldnt have cared how Cleveland felt.

Exactly!!! Everyone also needs to see how much Wade and Bosh made him do this!!!

Bosh started Free Agency by saying "I won't make a decision until Lebron does..."

Wade must have scared the **** out of Miami when he's in Chicago, flirting with them, chillin in New York in a "New York state of mind"....

LeBron gives numerous meetings to nearly 10 teams and makes no clear push to one certain team.. It truly seemed to have a new frontrunner each and every day..

Then, all of a sudden, snap!!! Bosh and Wade say "We are going to Miami, LeBron, join us or go against us." Since that's always been a dream for these guys, he went ahead and did what they pretty much made him do... He almost had to do this...

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:08 AM
The reason why he didnt tell Cleveland brass that he wasnt coming back was because then he couldnt have his one hour show, as the Cavs would have made it known that they were moving on without Lebron. I never imagined that he would have the nerve to do that to his hometown fans, if he did that to his own, what is this guy capable of! And i also dont care that he left Cleveland, its just the way he did it, it really is one of the most classless things ive seen in any sport

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:08 AM

I dont like that b.s either. But i can assure you that that dancing b.s wont fly in Miami. D wade is coming to play, so is Bosh, that stuff dont fly with riley and thats why in part i think he came here. Riley will get the best out of him, he'll make him a porfessional above anything else. More so because he's young (25) and can still be molded in a way. I think Miami will get the best out of him IMO (no homer, Riley is a motivator). I think that what pre-vailed in his decision, riley asked "do you want to be a respected champion, or a self titled king with nothing but childish antics to show for your career?"

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:11 AM
The reason why he didnt tell Cleveland brass that he wasnt coming back was because then he couldnt have his one hour show, as the Cavs would have made it known that they were moving on without Lebron. I never imagined that he would have the nerve to do that to his hometown fans, if he did that to his own, what is this guy capable of! And i also dont care that he left Cleveland, its just the way he did it, it really is one of the most classless things ive seen in any sport

No, No, No, No, No.... Wrong, you're just voicing your bitter opinion. He didn't tell Cleveland so he could have that show?!?!! No, he didn't tell Cleveland because he didn't know. He wanted to test the free agency for the first time in his life, so he did. Epic:facepalm:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:12 AM
And why is it that no one EVER talks about Dwight Howard and his bs antics.. They are just as bad if not worse. Interviewing himself? As Superman?!?!!?! Eeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssyyyyyy buddy.

Enemey
07-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Lol! Some good reasons there, I can't even front. You mentioned a couple of few things I've started to dislike, no lie! But come on, isn't he just the man! I think a lot of people will be gravitated back towards his dick when he's kicking *** and basketball is actually being played...

Yea , Im pretty sure people will forget except Cleavland.And the media will be back on his Dick. But I will still hate the guy:mad: because of his personalty. Lebron will be goin through what Kobe's been through and that is being the most hated and all he has to do is win to shut up all the haters like what Kobe's been doin the past 3 years and counting.

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Why would anyone be bitter about a proven loser, what blows me away is how people are all up on him and the guy has never won anything, all hes proven is that he cant man up when it matters

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:17 AM
I actually like Kobe, yeah even as a Rocket fan

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 05:18 AM
I dont like that b.s either. But i can assure you that that dancing b.s wont fly in Miami. D wade is coming to play, so is Bosh, that stuff dont fly with riley and thats why in part i think he came here. Riley will get the best out of him, he'll make him a porfessional above anything else. More so because he's young (25) and can still be molded in a way. I think Miami will get the best out of him IMO (no homer, Riley is a motivator). I think that what pre-vailed in his decision, riley asked "do you want to be a respected champion, or a self titled king with nothing but childish antics to show for your career?"

that has got to be the worst comment ever he had respect in cleveland now he has zero and when they do win a championship he will lose all credibility except to miami fans! nobody like lebron anymore and he will never be a "RESPECTED CHAMPION" now that team has 3 hated players iuse to like the 3 but like MAGIC,JORDAN,BIRD SAID NBA IS ABOUT competition.... i think those 3 will never be as great as they could of been if they were on there own teams.....and no miami fans im not mad i can careless i just think there dumb for tarnishing there image, LEBRON WILL NEVER BE KING JAMES AGAIN, WADE WILL NO LONGER BE FLASH AND BOSH WILL NO LONGER LOOKS LIKE THE PREDATOR they are making there image look worse by the day i suggest they dont talk to the media anymore because they just make there selfs look dumb

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:21 AM
Why would anyone be bitter about a proven loser, what blows me away is how people are all up on him and the guy has never won anything, all hes proven is that he cant man up when it matters

He has never had an above average team, so it's really hard to judge him on that alone...

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Exactly!!! Everyone also needs to see how much Wade and Bosh made him do this!!!

Then, all of a sudden, snap!!! Bosh and Wade say "We are going to Miami, LeBron, join us or go against us." Since that's always been a dream for these guys, he went ahead and did what they pretty much made him do... He almost had to do this...

This what i want people to analyze. Lebron had two options; Stay in my home town and try to bring a ring or leave to try to put myself in the best position to win.

If he had stay, he would have faced improved: Miami, Chicago, NY, and Orlando squads, along with the already competing Celtics and a young Atlanta. Keep in mind, Shaq and Zeke were both free agents. So essentially, he would to have tougher teams with possibly a weaker squad.

or

Sign with the best shot at a ring, IMHO it was either Miami or Chicago. The difference between the two is people dont like the fact that Miami already had TWO established stars that he would join, as opposed to him taking the reins in Chicago. After the decision, people werent critisizing the show, they were critisizing the fact he didnt go to Chicago. Jon barry said "i just dont understand it, to me Chicago was the better option, there more balnced". It was never a leaving Cleveland thing, it was a playing in Miami with two other stars issue.

Enemey

Yeah I honestly blame the Mike Brown and the Cav organization for letting Lebron getting away with those childish behavior. They let a child controll them and when he was done playing with them he just tossed them like nothing. They had no control over him and let him do whatever he wanted. Big mistake. And when you see how the owner acted after lebron left it made sense .

Dallas Tx4Life

Bosh started Free Agency by saying "I won't make a decision until Lebron does..."

Wade must have scared the **** out of Miami when he's in Chicago, flirting with them, chillin in New York in a "New York state of mind"....

LeBron gives numerous meetings to nearly 10 teams and makes no clear push to one certain team.. It truly seemed to have a new frontrunner each and every day..

And uhh.... I'M REPOSTING THIS! Y'all can't just ignore facts, respond!!

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Back to Back best record in the East looked pretty good to me

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:25 AM
Yeah I honestly blame the Mike Brown and the Cav organization for letting Lebron getting away with those childish behavior. They let a child controll them and when he was done playing with them he just tossed them like nothing. They had no control over him and let him do whatever he wanted. Big mistake. And when you see how the owner acted after lebron left it made sense .

Well, Mike Brown is uhh.... not smart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPb2nZPxffU&feature=PlayList&p=352B33A8A9C8645A&playnext=1&index=16

Enemey
07-25-2010, 05:25 AM
that has got to be the worst comment ever he had respect in cleveland now he has zero and when they do win a championship he will lose all credibility except to miami fans! nobody like lebron anymore and he will never be a "RESPECTED CHAMPION" now that team has 3 hated players iuse to like the 3 but like MAGIC,JORDAN,BIRD SAID NBA IS ABOUT competition.... i think those 3 will never be as great as they could of been if they were on there own teams.....and no miami fans im not mad i can careless i just think there dumb for tarnishing there image, LEBRON WILL NEVER BE KING JAMES AGAIN, WADE WILL NO LONGER BE FLASH AND BOSH WILL NO LONGER LOOKS LIKE THE PREDATOR they are making there image look worse by the day i suggest they dont talk to the media anymore because they just make there selfs look dumb

:laugh:

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Yea , Im pretty sure people will forget except Cleavland.And the media will be back on his Dick. But I will still hate the guy:mad: because of his personalty. Lebron will be goin through what Kobe's been through and that is being the most hated and all he has to do is win to shut up all the haters like what Kobe's been doin the past 3 years and counting.

complete different story KOBE NEVER LEFT LA TO GO JOIN UP WITH DIRK & NASH I KNOW HE ASKED TO BE TRADED BUT HE NEVER LEFT

KOBE WAS HATED BECAUSE THE "RAPE" THING HE WAS STILL WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS AND ONLY SOME PEOPLE TURNED THERE BACK ON HIM I THOUGHT THE LADY WAS LIEIN THE WHOLE TIME

BUT LEBRON LET HIS HOME TOWN/STATE & ALOT OF AMERICA DOWN BECAUSE HE COULDNT BE A MAN AND TRY TO TaKE CLEVELAND TO THE PROMISE LAND PEOPLE DONT REALIZE JORDAN WAS 28 when he won his first title the 7 year thing is dumb to compare somebody who came into the league at 18 he should of stayed and let the cavs build for another few years

G.O.A.T.S - JORDAN & KOBE

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:27 AM

The funny thing is people have actually gone on here and said who cares if he wins, since when has winning been everything? A bulls fans started that thread.

That is the sole reason he came to Miami, to show that with a supporting cast he can win EVERYTHING!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:28 AM
Back to Back best record in the East looked pretty good to me

He did that singlehandedly... I'm so sick of repeating myself, but I'll enlighten you real quick.

Cleveland's series vs. the Celtics..

Lebron was the number 1 player on the court...

The rest of the players went accordingly...

Rondo
Pierce
Ray Allen
KG
Glen Davis
Tony Allen
Nate Robinson
Perkins
Mo Williams

The Celtics had the next 10 best players on the court! LeBron was ALONE! Shaq? M.I.A.! Jamison? HA! West? Psssshhhh! Quit lying to yourself my dude!

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 05:29 AM
:laugh:

i dont know how i put looks i guess just typing to fast

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Ohh yeah kinda like Olajuwon singlehandedly won a ring in 94

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Ohh yeah kinda like Olajuwon singlehandedly won a ring in 94

Oh, did LeBron have the same opponents that he did in 94? How do you guys post this stuff? Think first!

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:33 AM

Thats exactly what it was man. people fail to realize this guy was catered to since he was 16 years old, he came into stardom at 18, he hasnt had a father figure nor a leader (cavs have always lost, what leader? and the swapped owners in between) to mentor him, hes done well considering if you ask me. Riley gives him that firm hand, that voice in tough situations, people blow that off but its important. When these guys face adversity they love getting advice from people that have been there and have come out on top.

Look at Wade, i think hes a class act and not just because he plays in miami, its in our teams culture. (dont want to toot the Heats horn, but its the truth)

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Omg, Dreams opponents all had HOF

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:36 AM
I could say the same about Stockton and Malone, they kept getting knocked out by the Rockets all the time, then finally they broke through in 96, they lost to Jordan but I didnt see thim bailing out of Utah, where they were icons

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Omg, Dreams opponents all had HOF

Dude.... You brought up ONE time in the last 15 years. You really had to go back to 1994... That's just plain dumb..
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5Zo0oncoKegDZmDX_G5T1Lhg4b7gWB 04InayOD7dWQj7bmmQ&t=1&usg=__yVEzwEszjpI3vSZeW0D0KWiwa34=

That dumb^

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Winning a ring is not suppose to be easy !

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:37 AM
I could say the same about Stockton and Malone, they kept getting knocked out by the Rockets all the time, then finally they broke through in 96, they lost to Jordan but I didnt see thim bailing out of Utah, where they were icons

Uhhh.... Malone bailed out and went ringchasing, who cares if he did it after trying longer... He did it..

AND QUIT HOPPING OFF TOPIC!

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Oh, did LeBron have the same opponents that he did in 94? How do you guys post this stuff? Think first!

As you can see this thread started off with great discussion. But as always it starts to slip with the ignorant haters coming in. Now its not a discussion with reason nor insight, nor with a thought out opinion, its jusy lets take shots at the guy because we dont like him.

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Hey if this guy is really the "chosen one" it should be plausible

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Malone and Payton were how old when they went to LA !!!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:40 AM

SO WHAT!??!?!

Reggie Miller was how old when he retired with the Pacers...

STOP RUINING MY THREAD! You really don't make sense and contradict yourself.

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:41 AM
Winning a ring is not suppose to be easy !

People act as if he cheated!!! guys, he switched teams! shaq did it, does that make his 4 rings any less meaningful? "but shaq wasnt born in orlando!" says the hater. Like if anyone gives a flying ******* where these guys are born, Shaq set back Orlando another 6 seasons.

Enemey
07-25-2010, 05:41 AM
complete different story KOBE NEVER LEFT LA TO GO JOIN UP WITH DIRK & NASH I KNOW HE ASKED TO BE TRADED BUT HE NEVER LEFT

KOBE WAS HATED BECAUSE THE "RAPE" THING HE WAS STILL WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS AND ONLY SOME PEOPLE TURNED THERE BACK ON HIM I THOUGHT THE LADY WAS LIEIN THE WHOLE TIME

BUT LEBRON LET HIS HOME TOWN/STATE & ALOT OF AMERICA DOWN BECAUSE HE COULDNT BE A MAN AND TRY TO TaKE CLEVELAND TO THE PROMISE LAND PEOPLE DONT REALIZE JORDAN WAS 28 when he won his first title the 7 year thing is dumb to compare somebody who came into the league at 18 he should of stayed and let the cavs build for another few years

G.O.A.T.S - JORDAN & KOBE

I agree its completely different . When Kobe demanded a trade he wanted to be "the Guy" wherever he went to. All he wanted was a decent supporting cast around him not scrubs like smush parker,Kwame Brown. He was happy when the lakers were finally playing better in 2007-2008 before Bynum went down and the gasol trade.

I actually didn't care if he left the Cavs I thought he should've joined the Bulls with Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah instead of the Heat. I can't blame him for leaving cleavland like Noah said "What's so great about Cleavland?"

And I do agree G.O.A.Ts Jordan & Kobe !

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:42 AM

And.... TO THE HATERS, QUIT IGNORING THIS POST AND ADDRESS IT!

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:45 AM
And to be honest, in 96 when Barkley joined the Rockets they were ALOT of chemistry issues, its well documented that Olajuwon got tired of Barkley and regreted that the Rockets aquired him, same with Drexler. Alot of people dont realize that this is gonna eventually happen in Miami, lets see how the immature brat will handle it.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:46 AM
And to be honest, in 96 when Barkley joined the Rockets they were ALOT of chemistry issues, its well documented that Olajuwon got tired of Barkley and regreted that the Rockets aquired him, same with Drexler. Alot of people dont realize that this is gonna eventually happen in Miami, lets see how the immature brat will handle it.

Oh my God.... Stay on topic or leave... If you keep doing this I really am gonna have to report it.

hyb152
07-25-2010, 05:47 AM
He had every right to leave Cleveland. Bosh had every right to leave Toronto. They were UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS. Maybe Dan Gilber, GM Danny Ferry, and the Cavs Management shouldve done a better job with Lebron's contract so he'd be locked up in Cleveland for a few more years.

Enemey
07-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Thats exactly what it was man. people fail to realize this guy was catered to since he was 16 years old, he came into stardom at 18, he hasnt had a father figure nor a leader (cavs have always lost, what leader? and the swapped owners in between) to mentor him, hes done well considering if you ask me. Riley gives him that firm hand, that voice in tough situations, people blow that off but its important. When these guys face adversity they love getting advice from people that have been there and have come out on top.

Look at Wade, i think hes a class act and not just because he plays in miami, its in our teams culture. (dont want to toot the Heats horn, but its the truth)

Yeah he got that from a Laker Legend Pat Riley who turned his back on his!!

:D:D

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 05:48 AM

exactly malone retired after that season and GP went to miami with everybody else

theres no argument lebron & Bosh wanted a ring to come easy to them is every heat fan as blind as knicks fans now

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 05:50 AM
Oh my God.... Stay on topic or leave... If you keep doing this I really am gonna have to report it.

if you read every other Lebron thread you would know this is how it turns out quit getting mad about it

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 05:52 AM
if you read every other Lebron thread you would know this is how it turns out quit getting mad about it

No! I will not read any more ******** like that, I wanted this to stay a good debate like it was before, until the uneducateds come in and talk about 20 years ago...

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:52 AM
I agree its completely different . When Kobe demanded a trade he wanted to be "the Guy" wherever he went to. All he wanted was a decent supporting cast around him not scrubs like smush parker,Kwame Brown. He was happy when the lakers were finally playing better in 2007-2008 before Bynum went down and the gasol trade.

I actually didn't care if he left the Cavs I thought he should've joined the Bulls with Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah instead of the Heat. I can't blame him for leaving cleavland like Noah said "What's so great about Cleavland?"

And I do agree G.O.A.Ts Jordan & Kobe !

See i disagree with that. When Kobe demanded a trade he wanted to WIN. He was "the guy" but his team was garbage and he couldnt do squat about it. So he tryed to leave, and he would have been traded if he wasnt the only player in the league with a no trade clause, so all Kobe lovers have to throw that loyalty argument out the window. He voided the trade because he didnt want to go to the Bulls he Luol Deng was going back to the Lakers.

As far as being the man in Miami, i think were all going to see a different game out of Lebron with these guys on the court. and we'll see how much of "the man" he'll be, come november.

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:54 AM
Yeah he got that from a Laker Legend Pat Riley who turned his back on his!!

:D:D

Its a buisness. Loyalty is pocket deep.

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:56 AM
exactly malone retired after that season and GP went to miami with everybody else

theres no argument lebron & Bosh wanted a ring to come easy to them is every heat fan as blind as knicks fans now

so do you believe the Miami Heat are going to be 2011 NBA Champions?

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 05:57 AM
No! I will not read any more ******** like that, I wanted this to stay a good debate like it was before, until the uneducateds come in and talk about 20 years ago...

write a thread were all it says is lebron in the title and it will turn out like that just close the thread then!

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 06:00 AM
so do you believe the Miami Heat are going to be 2011 NBA Champions?

i think they will, when you put 3 of the top 10 players together you dont think they will? they wentfar in the olympics right...GOLD?

JSpann13
07-25-2010, 06:01 AM
everyone shut the **** up already about lebron if you dont like him dont talk about him

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Yeah kinda like when ARod Finally won, with a $200 million pay roll

hyb152
07-25-2010, 06:02 AM
i think they will, when you put 3 of the top 10 players together you dont think they will? they wentfar in the olympics right...GOLD?

Yeah but they were playing against amateurs from other countries. Here, they'll be playing other NBA stars. I still think the heat will win the title next year, but that olympic fact shouldn't be counted as a reason why they'll win.

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Yeah but they were playing against amateurs from other countries. Here, they'll be playing other NBA stars. I still think the heat will win the title next year, but that olympic fact shouldn't be counted as a reason why they'll win.

what i was trying to say was they already got the chemistry from the olympics and FIFA its not like they never played together before even in the allstar game they played together and there the top 10 players in the world

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:05 AM

I think the Lakers will 3-Peat. I dont think Miami will it this year but maybe next year.

hyb152
07-25-2010, 06:05 AM
See i disagree with that. When Kobe demanded a trade he wanted to WIN. He was "the guy" but his team was garbage and he couldnt do squat about it. So he tryed to leave, and he would have been traded if he wasnt the only player in the league with a no trade clause, so all Kobe lovers have to throw that loyalty argument out the window. He voided the trade because he didnt want to go to the Bulls he Luol Deng was going back to the Lakers.

As far as being the man in Miami, i think were all going to see a different game out of Lebron with these guys on the court. and we'll see how much of "the man" he'll be, come november.

I agree 100%. Only laker fans are blind to see the meaning of Kobe's demanded trade. Kobe wanted help. He had Smush, Kwame, etc. He did have Butler/Odom, but that wasn't good enough to win a title. He needed help. So what did the Lakers do? It took the lakers only 2 years to realize it, and they went out and got Gasol. In 7 years, the cavs still couldn't get lebron a dominant post player like Gasol, so he said **** it. You cant get me the right pieces, I'm gone. And yes, once the season starts, we'll all be reminded just how amazing lebron is and ppl will forget this "wade's team" stuff.

Once and for all... I AM NOT A HEAT/LEBRON/WADE/KOBE/LAKERS FAN! Lol

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:18 AM
what i was trying to say was they already got the chemistry from the olympics and FIFA its not like they never played together before even in the allstar game they played together

Yeah but as great as the trio are they still need chemistry with the other players.

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 06:19 AM

I think we will, but we have to earn it. They have to play there butts off and compete. The way i see it is, if Miami was able to do this within the salary cap, and set this type of team up, why cant others do it? Why are they looking to take the "easy" way to a championship when all other teams have the ability to assemble a squad? If the Knicks assemble Paul, stat, and melo (example), would they be looking for the "easy" way out, or would they be looking to compete with the best?

Fact is the Heat and Cavs got beat by a "big four (rondo aint too bad)" that resides in Boston, and the Celts got beat by the "big show" lakers with Gasol, Artest, and Bryant; lets not even include Bynum or Odom. So again, how is it the "easy" way to a ring, when the championship contending teams are CLEARLY full to the teeth with allstar caliber players?

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:23 AM

Yea I know he demanded a trade to be in a contending team because at the time he felt the lakers were not improving and wanted to be traded to the Bulls so he can play with Deng but still wanting to be the man. Yes I don't like the fact he was *****ing and all that crap but I'm glad that trade didn't go down.

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:24 AM

Yea I know he demanded a trade to be in a contending team because at the time he felt the lakers were not improving and wanted to be traded to the Bulls so he can play with Deng but still wanting to be the man. Yes I don't like the fact he was *****ing and all that crap but I'm glad that trade didn't go down. But he is really a loyal guy because he could've easily left in 2004 to the Clippers or the Bulls but yet decided to stay with the Lakers .

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Yea I know he demanded a trade to be in a contending team because at the time he felt the lakers were not improving and wanted to be traded to the Bulls so he can play with Deng but still wanting to be the man. Yes I don't like the fact he was *****ing and all that crap but I'm glad that trade didn't go down.

So to my next point, what makes you not "the man", playing alonside all-star caliber players?

My point is, its a label, as much as you want to say Kobe is "the man" we clearly no he isnt **** without Gasol. He clearly wasnt without Shaq either.

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:31 AM
I agree 100%. Only laker fans are blind to see the meaning of Kobe's demanded trade. Kobe wanted help. He had Smush, Kwame, etc. He did have Butler/Odom, but that wasn't good enough to win a title. He needed help. So what did the Lakers do? It took the lakers only 2 years to realize it, and they went out and got Gasol. In 7 years, the cavs still couldn't get lebron a dominant post player like Gasol, so he said **** it. You cant get me the right pieces, I'm gone. And yes, once the season starts, we'll all be reminded just how amazing lebron is and ppl will forget this "wade's team" stuff.

Once and for all... I AM NOT A HEAT/LEBRON/WADE/KOBE/LAKERS FAN! Lol

Butler was traded for Kwame Brown . The lakers were #1 in the west before getting Pau gasol and before bynum's injury but gasol made us Championship Team. Everyone knows it's Wade's team before and after.

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:39 AM
So to my next point, what makes you not "the man", playing alonside all-star caliber players?

My point is, its a label, as much as you want to say Kobe is "the man" we clearly no he isnt **** without Gasol. He clearly wasnt without Shaq either. So what makes you "the man"?

What makes you "the man" is pretty much the #1 option on any team and leading them to success . I think Kobe tried his best but his team were garbage. I mean Honestly a teammates consist of Smush parker , Luke walton, Kwame Brown, and Brian Cook wont get you nowhere. Kobe had to score 81 points to defeat the Raptors. When the Lakers started Bynum over Kwame thats when the lakers started to win. And Kobe proved that he can be "the man" leading a team to a championship.

Lebron James clearly gave up bieng "the guy" and decided to be a follower behind Dwade. I knew he wasn't fit to be a leader.

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 06:40 AM
Butler was traded for Kwame Brown . The lakers were #1 in the west before getting Pau gasol and before bynum's injury but gasol made us Championship Team. Everyone knows it's Wade's team before and after.

What makes a player NOT "the man"?

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 06:44 AM
What makes you "the man" is pretty much the #1 option on any team and leading them to success . I think Kobe tried his best but his team were garbage. I mean Honestly a teammates consist of Smush parker , Luke walton, Kwame Brown, and Brian Cook wont get you nowhere. Kobe had to score 81 points to defeat the Raptors. When the Lakers started Bynum over Kwame thats when the lakers started to win. And Kobe proved that he can be "the man" leading a team to a championship.

Lebron James clearly gave up bieng "the guy" and decided to be a follower behind Dwade. I knew he wasn't fit to be a leader.

Ok. Lets say Lebron doesnt lead the Heat (which he very possibly can), its D-Wade clearly, but what if in his third year he's clearly the leader because D-Wade will eventually decline, then technically he becomes "the man" right?

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:45 AM
What makes a player NOT "the man"?

Be a robin to Batman, like Scottie to Michael . Kobe to Shaq . being the #2 guy the 2nd option. Like how Lebron will be to Wade.

Enemey
07-25-2010, 06:50 AM
Ok. Lets say Lebron doesnt lead the Heat (which he very possibly can), its D-Wade clearly, but what if in his third year he's clearly the leader because D-Wade will eventually decline, then technically he becomes "the man" right?

Yea but by that time people will say he cant win without Wade. It's kinda like Kobe and Shaq thing and trust me it will eat up James . And I still don't think he can lead a team by then .

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Yea but by that time people will say he cant win without Wade. It's kinda like Kobe and Shaq thing and trust me it will eat up James . And I still don't think he can lead a team by then .

Didnt mean to be annoying but that was my point behind this. Being "the man" is oxymoronic. All the "the man" talk is relative to your success on the court. If the Heat win, and Lebron blows up in the Finals, reagardless of what Wade does throughout, he'll be regarded as the leader, "the man". Then it becomes a "he couldnt do it on its own" debate, which can be argued with all the greats, Kobe couldnt without Shaq or without Gasol (evident by his lack of sucess prior to Gasol).

So in conclusion, and i hope you can see point of how dumb this "the man" talk is because its a giant contradiction, winning is the Legacy noothing else.

Steelers23_06
07-25-2010, 07:53 AM
you guys are getting off topic because i want to know what people think about this matter because i have been a lebron james since he was a junior in highschool and i was 13 when he got drafted and since then i have been literally saying that he was going to be better than jordan and richer then jordan (an agument i can save for another day with you PSD'ers) and arguing with everyone at the cafeteria lunch table. im a steelers fan and have been since i was born and yea they are the greatest franchise regarding rings but i was a fan even before they won the 5th and 6th back to the kordell stewart and bus in his prime days so i have no problem being faithful but like this guy said if i was a cavs fan before lebron i would think that would be effed up because i would just be leaving my team but if the WHOLE reason i like a team leaves whats the point of liking that team? like i think that would be 20x worse to be like well lebron your not a cav so im gonna like them still. i have to admit its hard because i have grown accustomed to being a cavs fan and all their players and establishment to just be like go heat but i mean how can i really be like see ya lebron im staying on the cavs when lebron has been sort of a child hood idle. i literally flew out to miami to watch him play his rookie year (ironic lol) because boston was sold out. and my friends laugh at me because they are die hard celtics fans and i just switched it up am i wrong for that?

spartanbear
07-25-2010, 08:08 AM

This

netsgiantsyanks
07-25-2010, 08:19 AM
i was never really cared about lebron. so, the espn thing gave me a reason why to not like him AS A PERSON.

JasonJohnHorn
07-25-2010, 08:36 AM
The chocies people make are a reflection of who they are. Everything we do is a self-portrait. People change and it doesnt make sense to maintain the same feelings about a person who isnt the person they were when first came to know them. LBJ's jump to Miami says volumes about what his priorities are, and that may clash with what some of his fans precieved his values to be before hand, so it doesnt speak negatively to those who are no longers fans of LBJ. And many of LBJ's fans were Cleveland fans and will remain Cleveland fans and it wouldnt make sense to cheer for a guy who left your franchise and joined another.

When I was younger I was a Barkley fan. I liked his personality and work ethic, and when he was traded to Phoenix I followed him there and bought a Phoenix winter-hoodie, but I still wore my Philly hat because I respected the team's history (Dr. J, Moses Malone, Barkley, ect), but it isnt quite the same situation. Im sure some folks wearing Cleveland jerseys the last few seasons were more "LBJ" fans then they were "Cavs" fans, so it makes sense for them to follow their favorite player, just as many people were "Jordan" fans and not "Bulls" fans (or even basketball fans in general since the ratings dropped so dramatically when MJ retired).

As for the band-wagon Miami fans, they deserve some negative press. Even as Miami put together a play-off team last season featuring one of the best talents in the NBA, they still failed to sell out most nights, while Knicks fans, even when the team struggles and is one of the worst in the NBA still sell-out games. When Miami was riding high, fans showed up, when they were struggling, many (not all) fans abandoned them. I'm sure the Miami fans on here are the more loyal ones because the are excited enough about their team to post on here throughout the season even when the Heat werent doing well, but one must admit that it is annoying when a team that couldnt sell out games suddenly has the biggest fan base in the NBA. Fairweather fans are annoying. Its like when I have to sulk whenever anybody askes me about the Pistons or the Raptors. I'm still following my teams, I'm still checking out the stats, and watching the games, and hoping for some "W"s, but when Detroit starts winning and people are like: boy, I really like that Ben Wallace guy, he's a good rebounder and I heard he's a great defender". Its just annoying. When Detroit was rebuilding after Hill's departure, it was a rough patch, but watching the team develop, and having a great defender like Wallace mature as a player was fun, so when some band wagon guy starts talking Pistons because they are in the finals and acts like he knows everything, its annoying when all he has to say is that Ben Wallace is a good rebounder and he thinks that is some revelation.

You all know what I'm talking about, because even if we all disagree with each other, we are all bigs fans of the game or our teams, and we get this $#!T all the time with the highs and lows of the teams and the players we are loyal to.

Steelers23_06
07-25-2010, 08:44 AM
The chocies people make are a reflection of who they are. Everything we do is a self-portrait. People change and it doesnt make sense to maintain the same feelings about a person who isnt the person they were when first came to know them. LBJ's jump to Miami says volumes about what his priorities are, and that may clash with what some of his fans precieved his values to be before hand, so it doesnt speak negatively to those who are no longers fans of LBJ. And many of LBJ's fans were Cleveland fans and will remain Cleveland fans and it wouldnt make sense to cheer for a guy who left your franchise and joined another.

When I was younger I was a Barkley fan. I liked his personality and work ethic, and when he was traded to Phoenix I followed him there and bought a Phoenix winter-hoodie, but I still wore my Philly hat because I respected the team's history (Dr. J, Moses Malone, Barkley, ect), but it isnt quite the same situation. Im sure some folks wearing Cleveland jerseys the last few seasons were more "LBJ" fans then they were "Cavs" fans, so it makes sense for them to follow their favorite player, just as many people were "Jordan" fans and not "Bulls" fans (or even basketball fans in general since the ratings dropped so dramatically when MJ retired).

As for the band-wagon Miami fans, they deserve some negative press. Even as Miami put together a play-off team last season featuring one of the best talents in the NBA, they still failed to sell out most nights, while Knicks fans, even when the team struggles and is one of the worst in the NBA still sell-out games. When Miami was riding high, fans showed up, when they were struggling, many (not all) fans abandoned them. I'm sure the Miami fans on here are the more loyal ones because the are excited enough about their team to post on here throughout the season even when the Heat werent doing well, but one must admit that it is annoying when a team that couldnt sell out games suddenly has the biggest fan base in the NBA. Fairweather fans are annoying. Its like when I have to sulk whenever anybody askes me about the Pistons or the Raptors. I'm still following my teams, I'm still checking out the stats, and watching the games, and hoping for some "W"s, but when Detroit starts winning and people are like: boy, I really like that Ben Wallace guy, he's a good rebounder and I heard he's a great defender". Its just annoying. When Detroit was rebuilding after Hill's departure, it was a rough patch, but watching the team develop, and having a great defender like Wallace mature as a player was fun, so when some band wagon guy starts talking Pistons because they are in the finals and acts like he knows everything, its annoying when all he has to say is that Ben Wallace is a good rebounder and he thinks that is some revelation.

You all know what I'm talking about, because even if we all disagree with each other, we are all bigs fans of the game or our teams, and we get this $#!T all the time with the highs and lows of the teams and the players we are loyal to.

VERY WELL PUT :clap:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Be a robin to Batman, like Scottie to Michael . Kobe to Shaq . being the #2 guy the 2nd option. Like how Lebron will be to Wade.

Okay... THIS is what utterly drives me insane. They haven't even played yet, Rondo! You simply cannot make that statement because... WHAT IF HE ISN'T NUMBER 2?!?? All you have is hatred for LeBron to fuel that argument. What if he's the main guy? You will all bite your tongues until they bleed if that's the case...

ink
07-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Really this is just a variation on the same thread we have had over and over again about The Decision. We don't need new angles of the same old thread so please don't start new threads in this way. And we do not need threads that talk about fans and fan bases. Let's talk basketball in here again.