PDA

View Full Version : Is Tyreke Evans and Demarcus Cousins the next Roy and Alridge?

goblazers7
07-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Aldridge averaged 9 points in his rookie year
Roy averaged 17 points in his rookie year

Evans averaged 20 in his rookie year
Cousins will likely average 10-13 points

masTOR_shake1
07-25-2010, 01:02 AM
are

kozelkid
07-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't think Evans will ever be as good as Roy, but Cousins should end up being better than Aldridge if he can keep his head straight. So maybe?

kjoke
07-25-2010, 01:05 AM
i say yes

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 01:06 AM
lebron heat lebron wade lebron bosh the decision lebron lebron lebron lebron

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 01:07 AM
yeah they could be the next roy LA but i dont think evans will be better but i think cousins will be better then LA eventually

hgtiger32
07-25-2010, 01:34 AM
as an unbiased fan...I actually think that Evans/Cousins will be better than Roy/Alridge. Evans is T-Nasty...but that being said the Blazers are gonna be really good with Wes Matthews coming over, plus being in the CP3 Trade Sweepstakes you never know...

PG:CP3
SG:Roy
SF:Matthews
PF:Oden
C:Alridge

only thing i see that's bad with that is that Oden is injury concern along with Roy and Paul...but still never the less...

zambo4president
07-25-2010, 01:35 AM
TyFreak is amazing. There the next Roy and Aldridge in the sense that their a young Guard, Big Man combo yes. Cousins is gonna be a better rebounder than LMA and TyFreak's gonna barrel his way to the basket, I expect this duo to be much more physical.

iggypop123
07-25-2010, 01:37 AM
alridge is a faceup jumpshooter. roy is well balanced player. evans is a slasher penetrator, who cant shoot, and cousins is a guy who plays inside doesnt want to shoot outside. no real simiarities

Twolves88
07-25-2010, 01:37 AM
as an unbiased fan...I actually think that Evans/Cousins will be better than Roy/Alridge. Evans is T-Nasty...but that being said the Blazers are gonna be really good with Wes Matthews coming over, plus being in the CP3 Trade Sweepstakes you never know...

PG:CP3
SG:Roy
SF:Matthews
PF:Oden
C:Alridge

only thing i see that's bad with that is that Oden is injury concern along with Roy and Paul...but still never the less...

So much fail in this post... First off oden is the starting center... second i doubt that mathews starts.... and what exactly did the blazers give up to get paul?

As far as the actual thread, I think that they will be better overall then LA and Roy. They do have a different style though. Cousins seems to be more of a post scorer then LA. Where as tyreke tends to be more of a slasher then a shooter like roy. Also note that they play separate positions...

Enemey
07-25-2010, 02:08 AM
I think they'll be much better because Tyreke will be a beast next year.

jakesmail123
07-25-2010, 02:21 AM
roy is nice..but i think tyreke will continue to develop into his own and be an amazing player. im not very high on LA and believe cousins can be a much better player..he hasnt even played an nba game yet tho..so it is very soon to draw conclusions.

Mochalman
07-25-2010, 02:26 AM
pg vs sg and pf vs c

apples vs oranges

doesnt really work.

kozelkid
07-25-2010, 02:28 AM
pg vs sg and pf vs c

apples vs oranges

doesnt really work.

It works.
Evans is likely to end up playing sg. Similar to Wade who made that transition in his second year I think. And the difference in pf and center is fairly minimal in today's league. You should know that as well as anyone with Tim Duncan.

Mc Lovin
07-25-2010, 02:32 AM

Good comparison. They very well could be. Cousins could be much better than Aldridge and Roy might be a little bit better than Evans.

Mochalman
07-25-2010, 02:34 AM
It works.
Evans is likely to end up playing sg. Similar to Wade who made that transition in his second year I think. And the difference in pf and center is fairly minimal in today's league. You should know that as well as anyone with Tim Duncan.

i thought i read they wanted to keep evans a pg. even so, id compare evans and cousins to a cp3/chandler

Switch
07-25-2010, 02:38 AM

I think Evans will be better the Roy in a couple of years. That kid can ball.

Switch
07-25-2010, 02:41 AM
It works.

i thought i read they wanted to keep evans a pg. even so, id compare evans and cousins to a cp3/chandler

Didn't he make the full adjustment to SG at the end of the season?
I can't see him playing PG. He fits better in the SG position.

THE MTL
07-25-2010, 02:43 AM
Good comparison for Roy and Evans. However, COUSINS will be a much better player than Aldridge.

Mochalman
07-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Didn't he make the full adjustment to SG at the end of the season?
I can't see him playing PG. He fits better in the SG position.

maybe, i probably am wrong. i dont usually follow the kings since i never see any games of theirs out here in iowa.

ldc62
07-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Tyreke could be better than Roy, but I doubt it. Cousins should definitely end up being better than LA.

robdizzle3
07-25-2010, 02:54 AM
I dont thinks so. I dont believe that Evans will be as good as Roy, not really close IMO. We dont know what Cousins can do yet, but Lamrcus, can get a double double on any given night. The answer for me in No.

majestic
07-25-2010, 03:05 AM
this is the dumbest thread ever, u make it sound like roy and aldridge have done something in the nba and is an elite combo.. but nope they havent done anything so why would u compare 2 guys that have done nothing? do u think evens and cousins are gonna be average at best and 8th seed material??

Kyben36
07-25-2010, 03:08 AM
NO, because Aldridge is soft, like it or not. the guys a talented player, but he isnt going to be what cousins scould be.

DerekRE_3
07-25-2010, 03:31 AM
alridge is a faceup jumpshooter. roy is well balanced player. evans is a slasher penetrator, who cant shoot, and cousins is a guy who plays inside doesnt want to shoot outside. no real simiarities

Cousins actually can shoot the ball out to 20 feet. Offensively Cousins is pretty much going to be able to do it all if he pans out. And if Tyreke ever learns how to shoot, then he's better than Brandon Roy. He already averaged 20 6 and 5 as a 20 year old rookie with no jumper.

The_Jamal
07-25-2010, 04:53 AM
It works.

Wrong.wrong.wrong. Tyreke is our PG for the next 15 years, nothing gonna change that

The_Jamal
07-25-2010, 04:56 AM
I dont thinks so. I dont believe that Evans will be as good as Roy, not really close IMO. We dont know what Cousins can do yet, but Lamrcus, can get a double double on any given night. The answer for me in No.

Lolpost. All B-roy has on Reke is the jumper RIGHT NOW. Tyreke is superior at everything else

JNA17
07-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Tyreke is a beast. To me he's like a Wade 2.0, Cousins is a total ? imo.

hyb152
07-25-2010, 05:49 AM
I don't think Evans will ever be as good as Roy, but Cousins should end up being better than Aldridge if he can keep his head straight. So maybe?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is a joke right? I sure hope for your sake it is.

MagicBucsSox
07-25-2010, 07:01 AM
who are roy and aldridge to be compared to? whatve they ever done?
i think imo roy is vastly overrated but you cant deny his numbers. but the guy isnt a top perimeter guy(bron,pierce.kobe,wade,durant)

evans & cousins will be the first evans and cousins. evans in one rookie yr has equal numbers to roy

rainbowcow1
07-25-2010, 07:27 AM
I think Evans will be better then Roy sooner then later

Mc Lovin
07-25-2010, 07:27 AM
I think Evans will be better the Roy in a couple of years. That kid can ball.

No. Evans will be very good but he won't be as good as Roy. If they Evans at SG he could be very similar butI thin he actually makes a better PG.

kurivaimu
07-25-2010, 08:49 AM
as an unbiased fan...i actually think that evans/cousins will be better than roy/alridge. Evans is t-nasty...but that being said the blazers are gonna be really good with wes matthews coming over, plus being in the cp3 trade sweepstakes you never know...

Pg:cp3
sg:roy
sf:matthews
pf:oden
c:alridge

only thing i see that's bad with that is that oden is injury concern along with roy and paul...but still never the less...

wtf?

Mochalman
07-25-2010, 08:54 AM
wtf?

dont question him... just leave him in his corner alone.

MrBigShotBWill
07-25-2010, 09:43 AM
If cousins gets his weight down ahla Kendrick Perkins when he was drafted. Though he has an indeed shot Cousins has crazy upside alot better then what perk had when he was drafted. You can't teach height and the weight if molded right ASK SHAQ!

And Evens he will be just fine what did he avg 20-5-5? blah blah. Yea I know it was the Kings he still was in the west and had to bust some ankles. Hey may turn out to be that new age PG?

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Can't believe the wolves took johnson over cousins.