PDA

View Full Version : Worst moves of the off season "S.I.com"

spreadeagle
07-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Knicks give Amar'e Stoudemire a five-year, $100 million deal as part of a sign-and-trade with the Suns

Raptors re-sign Amir Johnson to a five-year, $34 million deal

Hawks re-sign Joe Johnson to a six-year, $124 million deal

Bucks trade for Corey Maggette and then re-sign John Salmons to a five-year, $39 million deal

Celtics sign Jermaine O'Neal to a two-year, $12 million deal

Grizzlies re-sign Rudy Gay to a five-year, $82 million deal

Clippers hire Vinny Del Negro as coach

Bobcats re-sign Tyrus Thomas to a five-year, $40 million deal

Timberwolves sign 2008 second-round pick Nikola Pekovic to a four-year, $13 million deal and re-sign Darko Milicic to a four-year, $20 million deal

Magic sign Chris Duhon to a four-year, $15 million deal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/britt_robson/07/20/bad.offseason.moves/index.html?xid=Fanhouse

IMO
Amare..hes not gunna be the force he was with Nash but NY looks way better with him.I like felton as well

Amir Johnson got PAID..Dont get that really they already have Bargnani and rookie Ed davis to play PF now they are stacked at PF with no real center again.He can ball though

J.O I like him on Bos and they needed him bad,but he might not have much left

Ty Thomas got paid bigtime surprised at the length of the deal mostly hes very uproven

Duhon is a decent backup for like 3 mil a yr or whatever IMO

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Knicks give Amar'e Stoudemire a five-year, $100 million deal as part of a sign-and-trade with the Suns

Raptors re-sign Amir Johnson to a five-year, $34 million deal

Bucks trade for Corey Maggette and then re-sign John Salmons to a five-year, $39 million deal

Celtics sign Jermaine O'Neal to a two-year, $12 million deal

Clippers hire Vinny Del Negro as coach

Bobcats re-sign Tyrus Thomas to a five-year, $40 million deal

Timberwolves sign 2008 second-round pick Nikola Pekovic to a four-year, $13 million deal and re-sign Darko Milicic to a four-year, $20 million deal

Magic sign Chris Duhon to a four-year, $15 million deal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?xid=Fanhouse

Agree with the bold ones

JNA17
07-24-2010, 07:33 PM
t-wolves and the hawks were bad. Hawks resign joe for a price that only players like Kobe or MJ should get. And the wolves still have Kahn as their GM.

blastmasta26
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Amare's contract is overpaying him, but I don't think it's one of the worst moves considering the situation.

Also, JO getting a deal like that from Boston is not bad at all. They lost Sheed and still have Allen and Garnett for atleast two seasons so it doesn't matter whether or not Jermaine is getting overpaid.

The Bucks didn't really make bad moves either, Maggette and Salmons may both be black holes, but they're still a better team and Salmons isn't ridiculously overpaid either.

BKNets21
07-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Milicic getting 20 mil... :facepalm:

DCSportsIsPain
07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Joe Johnson by a mile. For that salary he should be scoring like KD35, LBJ and Melo.

arkanian215
07-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Why aren't Outlaw 5/$35 and Petro 3/$10 up there?

blastmasta26
07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Joe Johnson by a mile. For that salary he should be scoring like KD35, LBJ and Melo.
Definitely. JJ was gonna be a Knick or a Bull until he saw that monster contract offer. There was no way he was gonna turn it down, regardless of the fact that he wanted to leave.

hustleloyrspct
07-24-2010, 08:07 PM
IMO Tyrus Thomas got paid way too much that is a horrible move by the Bobcats

kozelkid
07-24-2010, 08:08 PM

Pretty much. He has taken the title from Rashard Lewis for worst contract ever.

Agreed with all the ones Sports Illustrated mentioned. I'd add the Warrick, Frye and probably Farmar and Outlaw as well. I'm also tempted to include Mike Miller. For a guy who has been battling injuries, going five years is definitely too much imo.

kozelkid
07-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Amare's contract is overpaying him, but I don't think it's one of the worst moves considering the situation.

Also, JO getting a deal like that from Boston is not bad at all. They lost Sheed and still have Allen and Garnett for atleast two seasons so it doesn't matter whether or not Jermaine is getting overpaid.

The Bucks didn't really make bad moves either, Maggette and Salmons may both be black holes, but they're still a better team and Salmons isn't ridiculously overpaid either.

It does matter. There were better options and O'neal is highly unreliable. 2 years 12mil is way too much. There is no way there were other teams who would actually pay more. They were better off looking at Shaq or Kurt Thomas imo.

Vinylman
07-24-2010, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=spreadeagle;14276410]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/britt_robson/07/20/bad.offseason.moves/index.html?xid=Fanhouse

These are the only two HORRIBLE ones...

while one can argue that some other guys got overpaid those deals aren't over $10 million per year so its not really that impactful.

idrinkpepsi
07-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Jermaine might not be a terrible signing as long as he stays healthy. Who knows with some of these signings it may be highly unlikely that they preform to the contract (Darko, JJ, etc) but it could happen

homestarunner93
07-24-2010, 08:20 PM
IMO Tyrus Thomas got paid way too much that is a horrible move by the Bobcats

Not really. The first year is $12 million, then he's basically making $7 million per year. Tyrus progressed after he finally got to play under a good NBA coach that he respects. He was raw coming into the league, and he never got the coaching he needed in Chicago.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2010, 08:20 PM
how is peckovic a bad contract?

he can be anything between a reserve on a bad team to be a surprise and develop into a starter.

In either case= the bad slighlty overpayd 2 millions a year more or less for a bench player no big deal.

the good= you dont get many starters for 2 million a year.

magichatnumber9
07-24-2010, 08:24 PM
What's SportsIllustrated? How are they relevant after internet? Sorry with all the questions

asandhu23
07-24-2010, 08:24 PM
holy crap warriors are not up there.

netsgiantsyanks
07-24-2010, 08:28 PM
the hawks and the grizzlies were the worst.

NotAnotherYear
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
agree with the bold ones
x2

bigsams50
07-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Joe Johnson def. the worst contract

97NYer
07-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Darko.

Rndy
07-24-2010, 08:48 PM
I find Joe Johnson and Amare to be among the worst. Although if Knicks are satisfied more power to them. Hopefully they can be back to where they deserve to be. Those guys have some great fans who deserve great things.

Maybe it's my style of basketball and my opinion. But I feel the Boozer contract >> The Amare one. I also feel Boozer is better overall. Not as good offensively but not as bad to make up like 15+ million.

jackdawson
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Easily the Hawks. Joe Johnson will not take them anywhere near to the title. He is not a leader. Simple as that. NO ONE in the league should get a max deal besides Wade, LeBron, CP3, Durant, Howard, and Melo.

spreadeagle
07-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Rudy Gay makin like 17 mil a year? is he anywhere close to that good? I have not seen him play much

rjvacad
07-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Easily the Hawks. Joe Johnson will not take them anywhere near to the title. He is not a leader. Simple as that. NO ONE in the league should get a max deal besides Wade, LeBron, CP3, Durant, Howard, and Melo.

Do you hate Kobe that much, that you don't even list him?

idrinkpepsi
07-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Rudy Gay makin like 17 mil a year? is he anywhere close to that good? I have not seen him play much

He's posted over 20 points per game only once but then again he is still young at 23, has never had over 2 assists per game during a season... there is still room for improvement.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-24-2010, 09:16 PM
joe johnson was overpaid but they had to give him extra i guess becasue if they lost him the hawks would have been screwed