PDA

View Full Version : Walt Bellamy

kozelkid
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok, so I was just coming across some old time players, and I came up with Walt Bellamy. I know he played way back in the 60s and 70s so unfortunately I never got to see him play. I know he put up some awesome stats. He also was apart of a lot of different teams. So I was wondering, if there are maybe some of you out there who got to see him during that time, what kind of player was he? I know he was a big man. But what kind of style did he play? Was he finesse or dominant like a Wilt Chamberlain? Was he a good defender. And why was he on so many different teams if he was so good as some stats indicate.
If anyone here knows a lot about him or seen him play, it would be most appreciated.

kjoke
07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
lebron

hyb152
07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
lebron

bagwell368
07-24-2010, 05:59 PM
I didn't like him at all. He was soft on defense. He wasn't respected by his teammates from what I have heard over the years. He piled on big offensive numbers early, but faded from those levels quickly - something like McAdoo.

DCSportsIsPain
07-24-2010, 06:04 PM
There are numerous clips of Walt Bellamy on youtube ...

kozelkid
07-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I didn't like him at all. He was soft on defense. He wasn't respected by his teammates from what I have heard over the years. He piled on big offensive numbers early, but faded from those levels quickly - something like McAdoo.

Interesting, thanks.
I noticed he was a stud his rookie year, then sort of faded.

abe_froman
07-24-2010, 06:12 PM

this.

and to the op,no he was not dominant at all,i probably put him lower than mac to

Iggz53
07-24-2010, 06:31 PM
He has by far the biggest numbers of any player not on Bill Simmons' basketball pyramid.

TheWatcher34
07-24-2010, 07:07 PM
James.