PDA

View Full Version : Brian Windhorst: LeBron told Paul to demand trade but stay in the West?

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
07-24-2010, 03:57 PM
http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/19413970575

Word is LeBron indeed advised Paul to demand a trade but he wants CP3 to stay in Western Conf. to make a better rivalry.

phlp_bj
07-24-2010, 03:57 PM
imagine if he went to the lakers. that would be a heck of a rivalry. other west suitors are blazers i think. maybe dallas as well

The_Jamal
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
All hail King James:worthy:

lakers4sho
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
LOL b/c if CP3 is traded to NY or ORL, the Heat won't make it to the Finals.

gbpackers12
07-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Go to Portland, CP3. That would be fun to watch.

marlinsfan24
So what's this retards credibility?

JNA17

lebron: "you clever devil!" :laugh:

still1ballin
07-24-2010, 04:02 PM
HAHAHA Lebron is scared! Sure come to the Lakers CP3, it would be even better.

Cano4prez
07-24-2010, 04:03 PM

Yeah we will

Raph12
07-24-2010, 04:03 PM

NY would still need work, but going to Orlando would all but guarantee the Heat's demise.

JNA17
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah we will

if cp3 went to orlando, i would be scared shitless as a heat fan.

lakers4sho
07-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah we will

Apparently LeBron doesn't think so ;)

Avenged
Has the NBA become scripted or what? Lebron is calling the shots now, not only does he want CP3 to demand a trade but also stay in the West? :confused:

abe_froman
yes,stay outta the east please

The Dream
07-24-2010, 04:07 PM
hate lebron
hate wade
hate pat riley

Shmontaine
07-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I think cp3 would look real nice on the magic...

Jaji
07-24-2010, 04:10 PM
LeBron runs the NBA :laugh2:. NWO baby! Accept it and respect it!

LBJ > NBA

Jaji
07-24-2010, 04:11 PM
All hail King James:worthy:

LOL pretty much.

mets77
07-24-2010, 04:11 PM
wow lebron is scared

zambo4president
07-24-2010, 04:13 PM
What the **** makes LeBron think he's the ambassador of the NBA and he has the authority to play GM for other players? God he pisses me off more every minute.

Wade>You
07-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Wasn't it a while back that LeBron was either headed to "Chicago, staying in Cleveland, or going to New York?"

And how about "Wade was seriously considering signing with the Bulls?"

People will believe anything.

moshy2
07-24-2010, 04:20 PM
How does paul staying in the west create a better rivalry?? They'll play each other once a year. If he goes to orlando it will create a great intrastate rivalry

REALLYYYYY?
07-24-2010, 04:23 PM

LBJ > NBA

never!

kurivaimu
07-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Lebron James: "Chris, please eat *******"

The next day we read from the papers. Chris Paul ate ******* and got diarrea.

REALLYYYYY?
07-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Wasn't it a while back that LeBron was either headed to "Chicago, staying in Cleveland, or going to New York?"

OR people believed those things because they made sense......

REALLYYYYY?
07-24-2010, 04:25 PM
How does paul staying in the west create a better rivalry?? They'll play each other once a year. If he goes to orlando it will create a great intrastate rivalry

that was my first thought. it seems like a better rivalry could be created if he went somewhere like orlando.

laker nomad
07-24-2010, 04:25 PM
as much as I would love to see CP3 in purple and gold i just think the price is to high. No way would i want or do i believe any team will take on the contract of Okafor, that would be like radmonovich all over again. I would like to see him land in Orlando, that would really derail "drama queen" la *****'s plans out east. also after adding that third monster contract in orlando that would put yet another team so far overloaded with monster deals that limit any future pick ups providing the lakers yet another advantage. Id rather see us stand pat with what we have, lots of short term deals with easily unlaodable players to work with in 2011 and then go after a young and quick PG.

ldc62
07-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I'd believe this. CP3 will probably listen too.

slikrick7
07-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Has the NBA become scripted or what? Lebron is calling the shots now, not only does he want CP3 to demand a trade but also stay in the West? :confused:

i agree just because this guy is one of the best players doesn't mean he gets to run the nba someone should put him in his place as a player and nothing more god i hate how people bend over for this guy its a shame :facepalm:

MacFitz92
07-24-2010, 04:28 PM
You guys better hope he doesn't go to Dallas ;)

CP3
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

:pray:

heathonater
07-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Go to Portland, CP3. That would be fun to watch.

amen to that.

Jays Claw
07-24-2010, 04:30 PM
LeBron James is on pace to kill the NBA.

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 04:32 PM

New York and Orlando would have to give up a lot for CP3..

Paul doesn't even control his own destiny. He has no leverage. The Hornets will trade him to the highest bidder, not where CP3 prefers to go.

goblazers7
07-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Portland jump onn it

SupeUnagi
07-24-2010, 04:34 PM
well my sources say that lebron told him to join the cba

lol @ people believing random bs

jiggin
07-24-2010, 04:35 PM
come to portland my precious...

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Paul has a no - no clause..

The Hornets will decide where he goes, not LeBron..

Vinylman
07-24-2010, 04:37 PM

CP3
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

is that line up suppose to scare someone?

Dallas will never win jack because you guys are soft and your coach is a joke.

You had your chance to get rid of the boat anchor this year but couldn't get it done... enjoy mediocrity with Dirk for the forseeable future

SupeUnagi
07-24-2010, 04:40 PM
and on top of that, its a CAVS "insider" saying this crap
oh well, might as well roll along with it

still1ballin
07-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Lebron James is trying to find the easiest route to a championship.

:facepalm:

cheetos185
07-24-2010, 04:42 PM

funny heat fans were scared when wade had meeting with bulls twice

JNA17
Lebron James is trying to find the easiest route to a championship.

you would think great players want the challenge to the beat the others :facepalm:

jackdawson
NY would still need work, but going to Orlando would all but guarantee the Heat's demise.

NO. That wouldn't change the fact that Dwight Howard is a non-factor on offense and barely scored against our backup Joel Anothny last year's match up. Besides, he will be fouled out by the middle of 3rd quarter every game he plays against the heat. So that doesn't guarantee Heat demise. Orlando would have no one to contain Wade, let alone LeBron and Bosh. We would have enough to contain CP3.

Wade>You
07-24-2010, 04:43 PM
OR people believed those things because they made sense......Made sense to who? You? LoL.

People believe anything the sports media tells them.

Only knowledgeable fans knew that the HEAT had THE MOST CAP SPACE and TRADE ASSETS to get a deal done. They also had the bird rights to one of the closest friends to LeBron and Bosh --- Dwyane Wade. Apparently, that doesn't count for nothing if you watched ESPN during free agency coverage.

ESPN and the media takes advantage of people like you (REALLYYYYY?)

Avenged
07-24-2010, 04:43 PM
is that line up suppose to scare someone?

Dallas will never win jack because you guys are soft and your coach is a joke.

You had your chance to get rid of the boat anchor this year but couldn't get it done... enjoy mediocrity with Dirk for the forseeable future

I think it's a good lineup.. :shrug:

Doesn't look like the best out there but a lineup of CP3 and Dirk is intriguing.

still1ballin
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
you would think great players want the challenge to the beat the others :facepalm:

Yep, not for Lebron

Just like Ric Flair said

"To be the best, you have to beat the best"

cheetos185
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM

CP3
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

if dallas hadn't wasted dampier's contract than they would have had some chance

JNA17
07-24-2010, 04:45 PM
NO. That wouldn't change the fact that Dwight Howard is a non-factor on offense and barely scored against our backup Joel Anothny last year's match up. Besides, he will be fouled out by the middle of 3rd quarter every game he plays against the heat.

you wouldn't think a paul and dwight combo would cancel that non-factor offense dwight has no? Paul would make dwight look like an amare except much more consistent on offense and with his defense, he could very well be a 25/12 guy :laugh:

Sandman
07-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Made sense to who? You? LoL.

People believe anything the sports media tells them.

Only knowledgeable fans knew that the HEAT had THE MOST CAP SPACE and TRADE ASSETS to get a deal done. They also had the bird rights to one of the closest friends to LeBron and Bosh --- Dwyane Wade. Apparently, that doesn't count for nothing if you watched ESPN during free agency coverage.

ESPN and the media takes advantage of people like you (REALLYYYYY?)

I think you're just drinking the kool aid right now. I dont even think you responded to the other poster.

Jaji
07-24-2010, 04:47 PM
never!

Never? That's not a prediction. It's going on right now.

Wade>You
I think you're just drinking the kool aid right now. I dont even think you responded to the other poster.I think you're just baiting/trolling because I did respond to the other poster.

Wait a minute, I just realized you're one of the people I was talking about that ESPN and the media takes advantage of.

biglord
cp3 aint gettin traded nowhere the hornets would be fools to let the one star they have leave with 2 years on his contract. as, for d*%k in the booty lebron dude need to stop it, the heat still aint won nothing and just because those three are on the same team means nothing the games are played on the court not paper.

JNA17
07-24-2010, 04:48 PM

CP3
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

as a lakers fan, i hope to god that part in bold happens :cool:. Unless you mean butler then that would be a scary team.

Yanks All Day
07-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Not that I didn't believe it when I read it, but I mean it is a Cavs reporter saying all this. Cleveland still definitely has many, many hard feeling left towards LBJ. Seeing as how CP3 and LBJ are apparently best friends, and probably talk often about this kinda stuff, the topic most definitely has come up. I just highly doubt that LBJ specifically said "Chris, demand a trade. Go West, though. It will be a better rivalry." Heck, I doubt he would let that information leak. No one knew where LeBron was going until "The Decision." No one had a credible opinion, because everything was speculation. I expect no less when LBJ talks to other players.

It really seems like an easy way to rile NBA fans up, especially those in Cleveland, to make LBJ seem even worse. Take everything with a grain of salt unless it's directly from a player's mouth. The media/reporters love to embellish information.

jackdawson
07-24-2010, 04:51 PM
you wouldn't think a paul and dwight combo would cancel that non-factor offense dwight has no? Paul would make dwight look like an amare except much more consistent on offense and with his defense, he could very well be a 25/12 guy :laugh:

I highly doubt that. CP3 will be checked by either Wade or LeBron at the point when they match-up. Ofcourse this might happen still, but most likely he wouldn't have his usual games against Wade's/LeBron's defense. And how does that guarantee a Heat demise by orlando anyway?? Who do they have to contain Wade? LeBron? Bosh? Wade himself destroyed the magic most of the time heat played them. You add cp3 in the mix and that cancels out the addition of LeBron and Bosh in order to demise the heat?

Jaji
I HATE LeBron! How dare he completely take over the NBA and turn it into his own little personal playground. Who does he think he is? Setting new trends and pulling rank just because he's the future GOAT. :mad:

:laugh: The NBA belongs to LeBron James.

LTBaByyy
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dallas is the first west team on his list

Jaji
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Orlando plus CP3 still can't beat the Heat. That's just wishful thinking of the LeBron haters. Any move made from here on out will give the haters a new sense of hope :laugh2:.

D Roses Bulls

ummm if he was traded to orl he wouldnt make the finals, new york wouldnt do anything to the heat

lavilevi23
hate lebron
hate wade
hate pat riley

hate you too

SupeUnagi
07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Not that I didn't believe it when I read it, but I mean it is a Cavs reporter saying all this. Cleveland still definitely has many, many hard feeling left towards LBJ. Seeing as how CP3 and LBJ are apparently best friends, and probably talk often about this kinda stuff, the topic most definitely has come up. I just highly doubt that LBJ specifically said "Chris, demand a trade. Go West, though. It will be a better rivalry." Heck, I doubt he would let that information leak. No one knew where LeBron was going until "The Decision." No one had a credible opinion, because everything was speculation. I expect no less when LBJ talks to other players.

It really seems like an easy way to rile NBA fans up, especially those in Cleveland, to make LBJ seem even worse. Take everything with a grain of salt unless it's directly from a player's mouth. The media/reporters love to embellish information.

to a cleveland cavaliers reporter that is somehow covering the heat

JNA17
07-24-2010, 04:58 PM
I highly doubt that. CP3 will be checked by either Wade or LeBron at the point when they match-up. Ofcourse this might happen still, but most likely he wouldn't have his usual games against Wade's/LeBron's defense. And how does that guarantee a Heat demise by orlando anyway?? Who do they have to contain Wade? LeBron? Bosh? Wade himself destroyed the magic most of the time heat played them. You add cp3 in the mix and that cancels out the addition of LeBron and Bosh in order to demise the heat?

i never said it would guarantee a heat demise, that was some other guy. I only said that if i were a heat fan, i would be scared shitless if orlando got paul. Your also forgetting other players that step up in the playoffs such as rashard lewis, and they still have VC who is still a solid player. Obviously on paper i go with the heat, just on the court, who knows.

FarOutIos
07-24-2010, 04:58 PM

If CP3 went to the Blazers, I would be scared *****less as a Lakers fan.

Vinylman
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM

why?

we are the real champions...

not the paper champions being crowned in every thread on PSD....

we like the real hardware not the opinions of neophytes

JNA17
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM

that would be a great team, except the blazers would probably have to give up LMA and much more just to get paul. So then again, not quite ;).

jackdawson
07-24-2010, 05:03 PM
i never said it would guarantee a heat demise, that was some other guy. I only said that if i were a heat fan, i would be scared shitless if orlando got paul. Your also forgetting other players that step up in the playoffs such as rashard lewis, and they still have VC who is still a solid player. Obviously on paper i go with the heat, just on the court, who knows.

well, I thought your first post was to support that other guy who said it would only guarantee a Heat demise. Anyway, but ofcourse Magic would be the toughest opponent for the Heat in the east if CP3 came to Orlando. But rashard lewis and VC both know only how to choke now-a-days. They are pretty much useless and irrelevant now. If anything these two are their only weaknesses. Ask the magic fans. But regardless, it would be a good match-up I guess.

TheWatcher34
07-24-2010, 05:03 PM
what's next..Lebron wants a free pass and a red carpet straight to the finals ??

Vinylman
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM
what's next..Lebron wants a free pass and a red carpet straight to the finals ??

Stern will make sure the officials do that

ifhmondays
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM

We'll be watching this on 30 for 30 in 5 years how Lebron killed the NBA

SNYmets86
07-24-2010, 05:10 PM
lebron: "you clever devil!" :laugh:

lol haha lebron dont want him in the east scared big boii .... if not NY i want cp3 with the lakers that will be awesome lakers vs heat

hgtiger32
07-24-2010, 05:13 PM
this is all bull ******* anyways, how did Brian Windhorst know that that's EXACTLY what LeBron said? jeez so many people are pissed at LeBron- get a damn life

Sandman
07-24-2010, 05:14 PM
I think you're just baiting/trolling because I did respond to the other poster.

Wait a minute, I just realized you're one of the people I was talking about that ESPN and the media takes advantage of.

He said it was a believable situation. It was. In part because Wade came out and said so, and Wade had two meetings. This one about LeBron and Paul is off the wall.

But in response to him, you just went crazy "MIAMI WAS THE ONLY ONE ABLE TO DO IT, THEY HAD THE BIRD RIGHTS OF CHRIS BOSH'S GOOD FRIEND DWADE"... he didnt say chicago was trying to do any of that.

There were a lot of rumors that were flying around at that time for two reasons: they were believable and the papers could exploit them. They were believable because.. well.. the meetings actually took place.

STAT1
07-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Ironic Lebron wants a rivalry all of the sudden.

HowFit
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM

yep

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
funny heat fans were scared when wade had meeting with bulls twice

Most heat fans weren't scared.. We were always confident Wade would be back, so I don't know where your getting your info from..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
haha Lebron is now scared of CP3!

What a joke:facepalm:

Wade>You
07-24-2010, 05:22 PM
He said it was a believable situation. It was. In part because Wade came out and said so, and Wade had two meetings. This one about LeBron and Paul is off the wall.

But in response to him, you just went crazy "MIAMI WAS THE ONLY ONE ABLE TO DO IT, THEY HAD THE BIRD RIGHTS OF CHRIS BOSH'S GOOD FRIEND DWADE"... he didnt say chicago was trying to do any of that.

There were a lot of rumors that were flying around at that time for two reasons: they were believable and the papers could exploit them. They were believable because.. well.. the meetings actually took place.I was giving an example to show you how you people believe everything the media says, and how rarely those "inside sources" are correct.

The media feeds you BS all the time, and I'm here laughing because people are already talking like LeBron publicly issued a statement himself that "CP3 should demand a trade, but stay in the West," rather than taking it for what it is: a guy who has a hidden agenda to destroy LeBron's image, and does not even reveal his source.

Wake up!

still1ballin
07-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Most heat fans weren't scared.. We were always confident Wade would be back, so I don't know where your getting your info from..

I doubt that. I remember going into the Heat forum when this whole frenzy was occurring and there was a thread called "What will be your reaction if Wade leaves"

If Heat fans were so confident why would there be such a thread like that in the Heat forum.

hyb152
07-24-2010, 05:23 PM
haha Lebron is now scared of CP3!

And you believe this based on his single twitter post without any other evidence!

JeffG20
07-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't know what's more ********, Paul listening to this Assclown or Paul believing he can go wherever he pleases and thinking the hornets will grant him his wish

Enemey
07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
NBA has turned into a Joke smh

MELO 15
07-24-2010, 05:26 PM
I believe that the nuggets have as good a chanceto land cp3 as any team in the nba reason, because the hornets are trying to shed some cap, kmarts contract will be up next year. 2 cp3 and melo are clocse friends and want to play with each other, and three we would be willing to trade billups to mentor collison, and be the only team crazy enough to take on okafor contract. plus signing paul would almost assure melo resigning with the nuggets

Sandman
07-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I was giving an example to show you how you people believe everything the media says, and how rarely those "inside sources" are correct.

The media feeds you BS all the time, and I'm here laughing because people are already talking like LeBron publicly issued a statement himself that "CP3 should demand a trade, but stay in the West," rather than taking it for what it is: a guy who would not even reveal his source that has a hidden agenda to destroy LeBron's image.

Wake up!
This one about Lebron and Paul is off the wall

Rumors fly around for two reasons: they're believable and the papers can exploit them.

Wake up? These are things I said. Did you even read my post?

Wade>You
07-24-2010, 05:30 PM
This one about Lebron and Paul is off the wall

Rumors fly around for two reasons: they're believable and the papers can exploit them.

Wake up? These are things I said. Did you even read my post?I did read your post and I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about PEOPLE in GENERAL, just look around this thread, for example.

Trying to explain something to Sandman = :facepalm:

Sandman
07-24-2010, 05:32 PM
My bad. You quoted me. Wudn't my fault i got confused. :p

redzone11
07-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Even if this is true, neither Paul nor LeBron has control over the situation. NOH FO has all the power.

Still there is about .01% chance this happened, and if it did... :facepalm:

Steelers23_06
07-24-2010, 05:34 PM
common listen to how you guys sound your making it seam like lebron is scared of paul. but if you in fact did research you would see that lebron has cp3 signed under his marketing company so if hes in the west and makes it to lebron a win win situation and he makes more money. and heat are going to be on top in the east for a while so if paul goes to the west and joins a contender it could be lebron vs paul for a few years ratings are 50x better for championships than eastern conference champions so this was a decision based on business not fear.

_KB24_
07-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Don't think Bron runs CP3's mind. He is just realizing he ain't going to win **** in NO and it's time to move on.

Sadds The Gr8
07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
wtf? Is Chris Paul Lebron's bit*h?

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:45 PM
common listen to how you guys sound your making it seam like lebron is scared of paul. but if you in fact did research you would see that lebron has cp3 signed under his marketing company so if hes in the west and makes it to lebron a win win situation and he makes more money. and heat are going to be on top in the east for a while so if paul goes to the west and joins a contender it could be lebron vs paul for a few years ratings are 50x better for championships than eastern conference champions so this was a decision based on business not fear.

People on this site don't understand money. I guess they're all broke because these are pretty basic financial concepts :shrug:.

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Don't think Bron runs CP3's mind. He is just realizing he ain't going to win **** in NO and it's time to move on.

Isn't that what LeBron did? So why all the LBJ hate?

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:46 PM
wtf? Is Chris Paul Lebron's bit*h?

No. The entire NBA is.

N.W.O. b!tches :cool:

kjoke
07-24-2010, 05:50 PM
lebron james twitter

I swear I love my bro @oneandonlycp3!! Nuff said

http://twitter.com/KingJames

lol, proably already posted anywa

MiamiWadeCounty
07-24-2010, 05:52 PM
who cares about this guy...hes a cavs insider and doesnt know **** about lebron or chris paul...just another cry baby cleveland fan trying to get back at lebron

sixer04fan
07-24-2010, 05:53 PM

That's a bit of an overstatement... NY? CP/Amare vs. Bosh/Wade/Lebron? Come on now. Maybe if they got Melo too you could make an argument.

jackdawson
07-24-2010, 05:56 PM
I doubt that. I remember going into the Heat forum when this whole frenzy was occurring and there was a thread called "What will be your reaction if Wade leaves"

If Heat fans were so confident why would there be such a thread like that in the Heat forum.

And that was posted way before Wade had meetings with the bulls as far as I remember. Regardless, true Heat fans always knew Wade was working as a Riley spy. When he had two meetings and media started saying Wade to chicago I remember he twitted "Imma create a website called what little do they know.com..l2ms." Haha...he laughed at the poor analysts and fans.

hineswardfan
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Hmm, that would be so awesome if he went to the Magic for competition in the east, or the Lakers for a super finals.

nyanks79
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
New York and Orlando would have to give up a lot for CP3..

Paul doesn't even control his own destiny. He has no leverage. The Hornets will trade him to the highest bidder, not where CP3 prefers to go.

But will teams not on the list give a really good package? Yes 2 years with CP3 is very good. But if you don't have a good feeling that Paul will resign are you really going to want to give up alot to get him? So the Hornets are someone strapped with there options.

Its the same with Melo except more because Melo is a FA after this year. People say the Knicks have nothing to over compared to other teams(which is stupid because the Knicks have a large expiring, and many good young players). Yea there are teams out there could offer a better package to get Melo. But a place where it may be unlikley for him to resign will not give a there best offer.

skip113
07-24-2010, 06:04 PM
The NBA and all of this drama stinks of the Wide World of Wrestling. I saw somewhere a pretty good definition of professional wrestling a simulated sport that consists of wrestling combined with acting and theatre. It is orchestrated by all sorts of comic participants. Professional Basketball has become a simulated sport that consists of basketball with acting and theatre. It is orchestrated by all sorts of comic participants. HMMM sound familiar? Let’s see, David Stern is Lord Layton announcing the next "mega-battle" between Dick the Bruiser (Lebron James) and another famous player Superman (Dwight Howard), followed by a tag-team match between the Rapist (Kobe Bryan) with the Zen Man (Phil Jackson) against Gentleman Jim (Pat Riley) and Hulk Hogan (Dwayne Wade). The first step is to slap rosin into the air to ward off evil spirits …ewwwww. Next, put on an hour long show and bite lower lip to show sincerity about how misunderstood poor professional basketball players are…awwwwwww (tear drop). Then schedule 98 pound weaklings to battle 260 pound bruisers and you have the “real competition”. The NBA has all of the integrity of a politician.

boriquaabe
07-24-2010, 06:09 PM

Your not serious are you? Besides Cp3 and Roy what should the lakers be scared of Lamarcus Aldridge? Gasol>>>>Aldridge all day long. Camby??? Please...

Portland would have one advantage by position and that is paul.... every other position including bench and the coach are in the Lakers favor.... OKC would still be LA's one and only real threat next year.

prodigy
07-24-2010, 06:12 PM
who cares about this guy...hes a cavs insider and doesnt know **** about lebron or chris paul...just another cry baby cleveland fan trying to get back at lebron

Well "this guy" did write a book with Lebron, He's also really good friends with Lebrons Friends, they all grew up in Akron together.

But seeing how your a heat front runner it explains everything.

Illinirob83
07-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Well "this guy" did write a book with Lebron, He's also really good friends with Lebrons Friends, they all grew up in Akron together.

But seeing how your a heat front runner it explains everything.

Exactly, and Wojo of Yahoo is reporting the same thing.

Paul and LBJ are best friends. Paul wants out of NO, fine, but people have to be f'n naive if they don't think LBJ and Carter and Wesley aren't advising/suggesting things to Paul. Just because LBJ suggested something doesn't mean Paul has to do it, but that doesn't mean he isn't "advising" his "brother" what to do. I really don't understand why all of these players are in other player's business. The league is becoming a pickup league where the players determine everything.....joke.

nanablvd
07-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Even if Lebron did say such thing, I believe it's just a joke coming from a friend. No need to scrutinize everything that is said or reported out there.

D Roses Bulls
07-24-2010, 06:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

Illinirob83
07-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Even if Lebron did say such thing, I believe it's just a joke coming from a friend. No need to scrutinize everything that is said or reported out there.

what is the joke? There is a reason to scrutinize this as NBA fans. LBJ can do whatever the hell he wants, he can advise whoever the hell he wants, and that player can do whatever the hell he wants......but it doesn't deny that the buddy system in the NBA, especially from its superstar olympians, are running this league. CP3 is a client of LBJ's agency.....and they consider themselves "brothers", of course he is advising him, suggesting what he should do for the future. There isn't anything "illegal" about that in terms of the rules of the NBA, but that doesn't mean the fans have to like it either.

nuggetsyankees
07-24-2010, 06:48 PM
The nuggets can take CP3 off their hands :P

BkOriginalOne
07-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Lebron is trying to make his road to the finals as easy as possible.

Don't play in our division, not in our conference - I want it to be a better rivalry by playing you twice a year.
He just doesn't want him Orlando because he naturally fears them and knows hat CP3 and Howard would exploit the HEAT's biggest weakness at PG and C

Jaji
07-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Don't play in our division, not in our conference - I want it to be a better rivalry by playing you twice a year.
He just doesn't want him Orlando because he naturally fears them and knows hat CP3 and Howard would exploit the HEAT's biggest weakness at PG and C

Ever hear of Magic and Bird???

And as far as exploiting weaknesses, 3 > 2. Advantage: Heat.

It would be better to see a "super" team in the West because that would potentially set up a great Finals match up, not ECF match up.

TEXASTITAN
07-24-2010, 06:52 PM
imagine if he went to the lakers. that would be a heck of a rivalry. other west suitors are blazers i think. maybe dallas as well

He won't end up in portland the market isn't big enough......

TEXASTITAN
07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
The nuggets can take CP3 off their hands :P

You need to worry about keeping carmello at this point not going after CP3.

Afro
07-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah we will

I'm curious, which player on the Miami Heat are you?

WITZ
07-24-2010, 07:11 PM

The queen scared again whats new ,he was scared to be "The Man" and now he is scared to face a better team if he comes out east.

JNA17
07-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm curious, which player on the Miami Heat are you?

he's probably the water boy. LUCKY SON OF A *****!!! :mad:

DR. Pepper
07-24-2010, 07:20 PM

yeah tht idea is scary as hell.. CP3 made tyson chandler look like an allstar.. now tyson could qualify for one of those where are they now shows.. imagine what Chris would do for Dwight howard.. they could go alleoop on ever single possesion if they wanted to.. pluss im sure reshard lewis' inside and outside game would benifit as well

Wade>You
07-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Fear not, Miami HEAT fans are not scared of a Dwight / CP3 combo.

The only thing that can beat the Heat is a dominating front court, hence Boston and LA being the two biggest road blocks we'll face.

Dr Cyanide 28
07-24-2010, 07:27 PM
i think him going to the east would be better for the eastern conference. and if he went to the magic it would make that florida rivalry very intense. it would hurt my teams chances a lot of making it far in the playoffs, being a bulls fan, but it would make the conference much more intriguing

Dr Cyanide 28
07-24-2010, 07:28 PM
a heat vs orlando conference finals would be most entertaining. a chance to go play the best player in the league in kobe bryant (anything is possible just a neat scenario to think about :D )

Russell_Roberts
07-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Lmao james tryna mess him up

Caps1989
07-24-2010, 07:33 PM

CP3
Kidd
Marion
Dirk
Haywood

Kidd as a SG...

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM
if magic can get cp3 to go with dwight and add one more guy next offseason..maybe melo?? then they'll take down the heat

Jahari Kavi
07-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Kidd as a SG...

actually with the way Kidd shoots now that wouldn't be bad at times....but you would probably want him coming off the bench

Jamiecballer
07-24-2010, 07:49 PM
forgive me if i am skeptical about anything that comes out of Cleveland regarding Lebron James for say, the next 10 years or so.

Vinylman
07-24-2010, 07:59 PM

post a link where it says he has actually signed with king james marketing group ... they definitely are talking but the most recent reports say he still hasn't signed

Vinylman
07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Hmm, that would be so awesome if he went to the Magic for competition in the east, or the Lakers for a super finals.

Lakers don't need nor do they want him

BlondeBomber41
07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Wait.... Lebron James doesn't want competition? SHOCKER.

PrettyBoyJ
07-24-2010, 08:23 PM
WTH Lebron is dictating players futures now..

Jaji
07-24-2010, 08:24 PM
WTH Lebron is dictating players futures now..

Yup. He runs the NBA now.

t_money25
07-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Lol!!!! It's funny how so many people on here believe anything they read nowadays that makes Lebron look bad!! Lol........you guys are hilarious

Chris Paul is a grown man. If you actually think this happened your just as silly as this thread

DeyAce
07-24-2010, 08:38 PM
hate lebron
hate wade
hate pat riley

This X a million

effen5
07-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Pretty much what I was thinking.

nanablvd
07-24-2010, 08:55 PM
what is the joke? There is a reason to scrutinize this as NBA fans. LBJ can do whatever the hell he wants, he can advise whoever the hell he wants, and that player can do whatever the hell he wants......but it doesn't deny that the buddy system in the NBA, especially from its superstar olympians, are running this league. CP3 is a client of LBJ's agency.....and they consider themselves "brothers", of course he is advising him, suggesting what he should do for the future. There isn't anything "illegal" about that in terms of the rules of the NBA, but that doesn't mean the fans have to like it either.

Of course you can hate/like/scrutinize whatever you want as a fan. But you are assuming what is reported is right, that Lebron is advising CP3 in a serious manner. I say I BELIEVE this is a joke that we always say to our pals and never mean it. As much as you dont like Lebron's action of tampering as you assume it, you cannot prove the opposite either. Like what you said, "that doesnt mean the fans have to" assume what you assumed. I am not a Lebron fan at all.

hyb152
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM

:clap:

You're exactly right. That's how Lebron felt too, he wasn't gonna win **** in Cle with Danny Ferry's biggest accuasitions being Playoff-No-Show-Mo, 37 year old Shaq, Larry Hughes, and Bad-Fit-Jamison. Time to move on, at least we know James and Paul want to win and it's not about the money..... mainly because they already have plenty of it lol

hyb152
07-24-2010, 08:57 PM
This X a million

Aaaaaand your pic is a Bulls logo. So nobody cares that you hate them because we all know why. You're bitter and you're still in the funeral stage because Lebron and Wade both ditched you, and Riley "stole" em from your team. If you weren't a bulls fan, maybe you would have some credibility when it comes to hating them. (I am no heat fan)

nolafan33
07-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Sounds like the Hornets aren't trading CP.

JasonJohnHorn
07-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I would be nice to see CP3 traded to the Cavs and get to the NBA finals after sweeping the Heat :)

But CP3 would be a great fit for Orlando and he would make Dwight even better than he already is, look what he did for Chandler.

As for a NY trade... if NO is just dumping contracts to save money, and they could get Okafor and maybe Peja as well, then that might be interesting, but just CP3 and Amare.... they would still really need to fill out their roster to be legit contenders.

last stand
07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
lebron wants CP3 to do the same thing he did to dilute the anger and make himself look better

but he doesn't want him in orlando because he knows that team is better than his if he goes there

jwm923
07-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Only one LeBron can't ***** around is Wade...I don't have the link but word has it that LeBron wanted lube and Wade went in dry. Result....LeBron's out of commision for 2-3 weeks with a sore anus.

masalex1205
07-24-2010, 09:50 PM
doesn't matter where Paul, Lebron or anybody other than the NO front office wants him to go

please end this thread now

Cbast09
07-24-2010, 10:18 PM
lol at some of the Bull fans here.

d00d
07-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah we will

"we"? what position you play?

t_money25
07-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Believing stuff like this without asking for proof is what keeps desperate sports writers like this guy employed.....lol

For those who believe this guy it's ok to think for yourselves, that's what you have a brain for!!

defender4m
07-24-2010, 11:30 PM
lebrons annoying already

Supa
07-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Lebron, "Chris, please beat the Lakers for us instead of beating us!"

---

nuggetsyankees
07-24-2010, 11:35 PM
he's probably bribing CP3 with his mom hahaha an offer Delonte couldn't leave on the table

BlazingJ
07-24-2010, 11:55 PM
LOL, but really looks like CP3 has got Dallas or Portland. Portland it is then

basketfan4life
07-25-2010, 12:14 AM
I HATE LeBron! How dare he completely take over the NBA and turn it into his own little personal playground. Who does he think he is? Setting new trends and pulling rank just because he's the future GOAT. :mad:

no,it is not,but i think you belong to LeBron James.

IAmKira
07-25-2010, 12:35 AM
"we"? what position you play?

A new position obviously..
STARTING for ur miami heat at DICKRIDER! 5 FOOT NOTHING FROM community college.. CANO4PREZ!! :p

PhillyFan001
07-25-2010, 12:54 AM
What if cp3 got traded to denver, and denver either keeps billiups or moves him kenyon martin and jr smith for someone

Illinirob83
07-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Of course you can hate/like/scrutinize whatever you want as a fan. But you are assuming what is reported is right, that Lebron is advising CP3 in a serious manner. I say I BELIEVE this is a joke that we always say to our pals and never mean it. As much as you dont like Lebron's action of tampering as you assume it, you cannot prove the opposite either. Like what you said, "that doesnt mean the fans have to" assume what you assumed. I am not a Lebron fan at all.

Why wouldn't I assume that LBJ is advising CP3? Why shouldn't I believe that? Other than being a LBJ fanboy give me a reason why I shouldn't believe this? Paul joined LBJ's agency, he is his "brother", they are best friends.....why wouldn't I think otherwise? And on top of that there have been multiple reports that he has been advising Paul. So should I believe your gut instinct and think this is a "joke" or should I believe actual reports? Should I not think critically and logically that CP3 would be advised by his "brother" and best friend, or his agency? Get your head out of the f'n sand.

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 01:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

Wow..

True Heat fans never believed he was going anywhere. So stop with that bull****.

I never thought Chicago had a shot at Wade. Please..

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Your not serious are you? Besides Cp3 and Roy what should the lakers be scared of Lamarcus Aldridge? Gasol>>>>Aldridge all day long. Camby??? Please...

Portland would have one advantage by position and that is paul.... every other position including bench and the coach are in the Lakers favor.... OKC would still be LA's one and only real threat next year.

You don't think Portland would be a threat to the Lakers, if they did add Paul?

Portland's second unit is much stronger than the Lakers. They have Camby, Fernandez, Matthews, Bayless, and Luke Babbitt off that bench. They are easily one of the deepest teams in the league.

hyb152
07-25-2010, 01:31 AM
You don't think Portland would be a threat to the Lakers, if they did add Paul?

Portland's second unit is much stronger than the Lakers. They have Camby, Fernandez, Matthews, Bayless, and Luke Babbitt off that bench. They are easily one of the deepest teams in the league.

Yeah they're a threat. I see Houston being more of a threat though, if Yao's healthy in the playoffs.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-25-2010, 01:49 AM

Not necessarily.

I'd take LBJ, Wade and Bosh over Howard, Paul and Carter or Amare, Paul and Gallo.

Rndy
07-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Not necessarily.

I'd take LBJ, Wade and Bosh over Howard, Paul and Carter or Amare, Paul and Gallo.

Agreed. However in the NBA it isn't 3 on 3. Depending on what Orlando would have to give up. Their bench is a lot better then Miami. And who exactly covers Dwight and CP3?

nanablvd
07-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Why wouldn't I assume that LBJ is advising CP3? Why shouldn't I believe that? Other than being a LBJ fanboy give me a reason why I shouldn't believe this? Paul joined LBJ's agency, he is his "brother", they are best friends.....why wouldn't I think otherwise? And on top of that there have been multiple reports that he has been advising Paul. So should I believe your gut instinct and think this is a "joke" or should I believe actual reports? Should I not think critically and logically that CP3 would be advised by his "brother" and best friend, or his agency? Get your head out of the f'n sand.

I have NEVER told you to stop what you assumed and believed!!!! It is YOU who criticized my comment IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! This is you who believed the word "advising" that is reported out there, and I never believe much about the hype that is created by the media out there. We will never know the full story about anything anyway. Stop making pple think what you think, there are many angles from which we look at anything in this world. And stop vilifying me by hinting I want you to think in the same way as mine; I wasnt even arguing against you. Ridiculous comment.

avrpatsfan
07-25-2010, 02:04 AM
I bet Stern is a part in this. I have a feeling. But nobody is going to beat my Celtics! :) (No I didn't change my team!!)

Raps08-09 Champ
07-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Agreed. However in the NBA it isn't 3 on 3. Depending on what Orlando would have to give up. Their bench is a lot better then Miami. And who exactly covers Dwight and CP3?

Okafor has to be included in the deal so I would think Nelson, Peitrus and Carter(expiring).

C-Howard
PF-Okafor
SF-Lewis
SG-Reddick
PG-Paul

If that is the trade, that's what I predict the starting 5 to be.

And I wouldn't trust Lewis or Reddick to defend Lebron and Wade too. But Okafor and Howard would be BEAST defensively.

Mochalman
07-25-2010, 02:36 AM
lamar odom and bynum for okafor and cp3

bolts4ever
07-25-2010, 04:28 AM
its funny on 1 hand Cris Paul knows that their is no team in the west that he will make better than the Lakers "so why stay in the west. C'mon in the last 3 years there have been 12 series threats, lakers have only lost 1(2008 Finals Boston) is becoming a threat become importsnt if you still loose???? NOPE

and Lebron knows that if CP3 goes to ORL especially no matter how good D-Wade and Lebron are they will have no defense against CP3 and D12.

I mean CP3 made Tyson Chandler a relevant NBA player. and Dwight Howard is basically Tyson Chandler on elephant steroids so imagine what he would do for him. along with getting Reddick and Lewis WIDE OPEN SHOTS ALL GAME!!!

Supa
07-25-2010, 04:28 AM
Lamar, Bynum and Sasha's expiring contract for CP3 and Okafor.

---

JordansBulls
07-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Lamar, Bynum and Sasha's expiring contract for CP3 and Okafor.

---

Umm no.

for CP3 you gotta trade Gasol.

Gasol/Odom for CP3 and Okafor.

ankit
07-25-2010, 10:10 AM
its funny on 1 hand Cris Paul knows that their is no team in the west that he will make better than the Lakers "so why stay in the west. C'mon in the last 3 years there have been 12 series threats, lakers have only lost 1(2008 Finals Boston) is becoming a threat become importsnt if you still loose???? NOPE

and Lebron knows that if CP3 goes to ORL especially no matter how good D-Wade and Lebron are they will have no defense against CP3 and D12.

I mean CP3 made Tyson Chandler a relevant NBA player. and Dwight Howard is basically Tyson Chandler on elephant steroids so imagine what he would do for him. along with getting Reddick and Lewis WIDE OPEN SHOTS ALL GAME!!!

Love this quote the elephant steroid comparisons of Dwight and Tyson are absolutely hilarious :cool:

On another note Chis Paul is a jerk for leaving New Orleans. I mean this city is full of tragic events but people out there walk with a big heart and Paul is just crushing them. Yes the Saints won the sperbowl but without Paul the Hornets are a hurricane disaster. If he is a free agent i really would not take any offence for him going somewhere else but by biting the city that drafted you and made you a millionaire despite their financial looses the least you can do is stay with them till your under contract. Who the ****** is he to demand a trad like that and
Why the ****** is lebron advisin Paul on where to go. Im starting to dislike Lebron more and more and becoming more of a fan of the black mamma MR. Jelly BEan BRyant. LEbron James you messed up cleveland hard why dont you just shut the ****** up and not change the whole landscape in the Nba. This high school fool should have gone to college. Youi turned out to be the biggest looser on Espn when you announced your going to south beach like come on dude you could have just sign with the HEat instead of making a public spectacle on TV and now he is doing it with Chris Paul. I wonder if Mr. Pau Wall loll too might have a 1 hour special on where he is getting traded.

AddiX
07-25-2010, 10:13 AM
wow, people here think Nelson, Peitrus, and Carter will get the job done? And the other trade's I'm hearing are just as bad. In Paul you get a top 3 PG who can run the offense and score and make teammates better.

After one season with an injury did people here really forget just how good Paul is?

ichitownclowni
07-25-2010, 10:29 AM
If CP3 goes to L.A. we will have another 10 yrs of Lakers witch will be pretty nice.

valade16
07-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Why is everyone assuming the Thunder are the ONLY competition for the Lakers?

You realize both the Blazers and Thunder won 50 games last year... there was one main difference.

The Thunder had the majority of their core healthy all year, the Blazers on the other hand lost 493 games to injury last year!

Guys injured:

Brandon Roy
Nicolas Batum
Greg Oden
Joel Przyzbilla
Rudy Fernandez
and Marcus Camby

That's a lot of pieces constantly injured and the Blazers still managed to be ahead of the Thunder come playoff time.

Anyone who writes off the Blazers after last year = fools.

Blazers > Thunder

Laker Legend42
07-25-2010, 02:12 PM
You can't make a rivalry. This is something that happens over time. Rivalries have to be built and it has to be something the people want to see.

Chronz
07-25-2010, 02:12 PM

You realize both the Blazers and Thunder won 50 games last year... there was one main difference.

The Thunder had the majority of their core healthy all year, the Blazers on the other hand lost 493 games to injury last year!

Guys injured:

Brandon Roy
Nicolas Batum
Greg Oden
Joel Przyzbilla
Rudy Fernandez
and Marcus Camby

That's a lot of pieces constantly injured and the Blazers still managed to be ahead of the Thunder come playoff time.

Blazers > Thunder
Well said

thekmp211
07-25-2010, 02:31 PM
interesting. the big winner out of all of this seems to be maverick carter. this guy has ridden lebron to the top of the athlete management world.

roygconner
07-25-2010, 02:47 PM
What about CP3 going to Denver with Okafor??? He and Melo want to play together... The Nuggets can give them K-Marts expiring $17 million contract and they could also throw in Afflalo, Balkman, Karl and Butch along with draft picks... Melo and CP3 would get their wish of playing together and NO gets Major cap freemdom in getting $20 million in expiring contracts along with what will probably be an 80% kick back on K-Marts contract for this year from the NBA... With this trade they would only have three players under contract past next year for a total of $16 or so million... They get to start all over financially and get draft picks to help them as well... To me this is the best trade option for the Hornets...

Raps08-09 Champ
07-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Okafor has to be included in the deal so I would think Nelson, Peitrus and Carter(expiring).

C-Howard
PF-Okafor
SF-Lewis
SG-Reddick
PG-Paul

If that is the trade, that's what I predict the starting 5 to be.

Okafor and Howard would be BEAST defensively.

Sandman
07-25-2010, 02:52 PM
why does new orleans want nelson or his contract?

mikealike305
07-25-2010, 03:17 PM
What about CP3 going to Denver with Okafor??? He and Melo want to play together... The Nuggets can give them K-Marts expiring $17 million contract and they could also throw in Afflalo, Balkman, Karl and Butch along with draft picks... Melo and CP3 would get their wish of playing together and NO gets Major cap freemdom in getting $20 million in expiring contracts along with what will probably be an 80% kick back on K-Marts contract for this year from the NBA... With this trade they would only have three players under contract past next year for a total of $16 or so million... They get to start all over financially and get draft picks to help them as well... To me this is the best trade option for the Hornets...

That's what I been thinking. I would love to see CP3 go to Denver

still1ballin
07-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Umm no.

for CP3 you gotta trade Gasol.

Gasol/Odom for CP3 and Okafor.

:laugh2:

Afridi786
07-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm convinced CP3 has all this planned out, he's taking his talents to south beach, lmao.

mikealike305
07-25-2010, 03:46 PM
^ lmao

Mplsman
07-25-2010, 04:00 PM

Yeah right. The Heat would still beat the piss out of those teams, especially NY.

Avenged
07-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah right. The Heat would still beat the piss out of those teams, especially NY.

Doubt it.

New York yes, but not Orlando. It would be a close series.

JordansBulls
07-25-2010, 05:06 PM

Guys injured:

Brandon Roy
Nicolas Batum
Greg Oden
Joel Przyzbilla
Rudy Fernandez
and Marcus Camby

Blazers > Thunder

good post

Frezhnitz
07-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Lol he is pathetic.

dob_telescope
07-25-2010, 05:41 PM
This is starting to look like CP3 to Portland.

1. CP3 is almost dealt to Portland before the draft for Batum, Bayless, Rudy and Either Miller or Przyzbilla Link (s.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paulhornets062110)

2. NO new coach... Form Portland Assistant Monty Williams... He worked a lot with Batum personally and has been on record praising him. Batum is a highly coveted player, the Twolves offered up the 4th pick in the draft straight up. Link (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/trail-blazers-rejected-nicholas-batum-for-no-4-pick-offer-from-wolves.php)

3. Kevin Pritchard is the a leading canidate for the NO GM job. He was constantly criticized for overvaluing the guys he drafted. If he wants to take the GM job, we would want to build a team around "his talent". Link (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/hornets-reach-out-to-kevin-pritchard-to-talk-about-gm-job.php)

4. NO will not get a superstar back but is looking for young cheap talent to build around. Portland has one of the youngest teams in the league along with one the deepest benches in the league. Example... Travis Outlaw a bench player in PDX just signed a huge contract with the Nets. Martel Webster a bench player for most of his career a starter for the Twolves. Packages with the Nets would include Batum, Rudy (lit up the 2008 Dream team for over 20 points), and Bayless.

5. Portland has two expiring contracts for next year which would give NO cap relief.

6. CP3 has expressed on multiple occasions that he wants to play along side Roy and LMA.

7. Paul Allen is very sick and wants to win a championship before he dies. That is a win mentality now and he is the wealthiest owner in the league.

8. Now Lebron is telling him to go west.

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck, it is a duck.
It just make to much sense!

_KB24_
07-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Isn't that what LeBron did? So why all the LBJ hate?

Because Bron had the best team in basketball for the past two seasons but choked.

nolafan33
07-25-2010, 06:21 PM
This is starting to look like CP3 to Portland.

3. Kevin Pritchard is the a leading canidate for the NO GM job. He was constantly criticized for overvaluing the guys he drafted. If he wants to take the GM job, we would want to build a team around "his talent". Link (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/hornets-reach-out-to-kevin-pritchard-to-talk-about-gm-job.php)

The Hornets already have a GM, Dell Demps from SA. Oh, and you forgot to add the part how Demps and the entire Hornets organization doesn't want to trade him.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 06:28 PM
its not what lebron did that causes the hate, its the manner in which he did it.

And of course he wouldnt want more talent in the east, more good teams in the east means a harder time of getting to the finals.

Jaji
07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Because Bron had the best team in basketball for the past two seasons but choked.

:laugh:

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Why did they trade chandler again?

FairWeatherFan?
07-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Lebron is afraid he'll end up on the cavs and take them to glory......

Realistically, Cleveland should be considered a dark horse in all of this.

skip113
07-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Lebron for commissioner!

Jaji
07-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Why did they trade chandler again?

I always wondered that.

clferg75
07-25-2010, 07:37 PM

Lebron will never be the GOAT! He isnt even the best player on his team.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 07:39 PM
lol @ goat with no rings and having to follow others.... stop

glmaddog57
07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Everyone jumped me heavy last year when I said the NBA was a fixed as Big Time Wrestling . so what do ya all think now? We are all watching the refereeing so the next obvious move was what we have just WITNESSED

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:02 PM
lol @ goat with no rings and having to follow others.... stop

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

How many rings did Jordan have at 25?<------Please answer.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:13 PM

how many times did jordan change teams and follow other superstars to chase a ring?

lets not annoint him the greatest of all time before he does anything

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:15 PM
how many times did jordan change teams and follow other superstars to chase a ring?

lets not annoint him the greatest of all time before he does anything

I never said lebron was the goat, and i think Wade is better than Lebron...still waiting for the answer to my question. That guy jaji is the biggest lebron homer here...but seriously, i don't know why everyone is hating on the guy that wants to win. Because he didn't do it how you wanted him to? Please.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:20 PM
I never said lebron was the goat, and i think Wade is better than Lebron...still waiting for the answer to my question. That guy jaji is the biggest lebron homer here...but seriously, i don't know why everyone is hating on the guy that wants to win. Because he didn't do it how you wanted him to? Please.

you are comparing him to jordan based on the question.
and its a rhetorical question to which we both know the answer, moot point.

just like my question that followed is one to which everyone knows the answer.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:22 PM
whos hating on him for wanting to win? good on him
thats what all athletes should be about

i just dont think we should ride his nuts before he wins anything.
And regardless of how many rings miami throws down in the coming years wade > lebron

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:24 PM
whos hating on him for wanting to win? good on him
thats what all athletes should be about

i just dont think we should ride his nuts before he wins anything.
And regardless of how many rings miami throws down in the coming years wade > lebron

That we can definitely agree on.:nod:

I'm just getting tired of all this Lebron hate because, he wanted a chance to win a ring. Does anyone here actually think he would have won in Cle? I mean, maybe he would have won a ring, but that team wasn't built to get to the finals every year. In 10 years people are going to forget all about this.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 08:25 PM
not just for the fact that he will always have more rings and its his team.
but he took less money in order to help mastermind bringing in the other two, there arent many pros that would do that.

Jaji
07-25-2010, 10:00 PM
not just for the fact that he will always have more rings and its his team.
but he took less money in order to help mastermind bringing in the other two, there arent many pros that would do that.

Why will Wade always have more rings? They were drafted the same night but what makes you think they'll retire the same day? And from the same team? LeBron is 3 years younger and will most likely be in Miami after Wade is gone.

Jaji
07-25-2010, 10:02 PM
That we can definitely agree on.:nod:

I'm just getting tired of all this Lebron hate because, he wanted a chance to win a ring. Does anyone here actually think he would have won in Cle? I mean, maybe he would have won a ring, but that team wasn't built to get to the finals every year. In 10 years people are going to forget all about this.

Dude you're crazy. Dwyane Wade is not better than LeBron or Kobe. That's not even my opinion, that's a fact. LeBron just won back to back MVPs. He has better numbers than Wade across the board. What on Earth makes you think Wade is better?

What?
07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
If Wade is Rileys *****
and Lebron is wades *****
and CP3 is Lebrons *****
does that make CP3 also Wade's and Rileys *****?:confused:

zachattach
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM

LBJ > NBA

Runs the NBA??? Lol LeBron can't touch the Lakers. The Lakers run the NBA bro. Every team to ever win an nba championship has done it without LeBron. Geat quote

kjoke
07-25-2010, 10:35 PM
lebron>wade, im a die hard heat fan, but we got to face the reailty lebron is better

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Why will Wade always have more rings? They were drafted the same night but what makes you think they'll retire the same day? And from the same team? LeBron is 3 years younger and will most likely be in Miami after Wade is gone.

read what i wrote earlier
i was basing my comment on however many rings miami wins over the course of the current contracts, wade will always have 1 more

blastmasta26
07-25-2010, 11:19 PM
If Wade is Rileys *****
and Lebron is wades *****
and CP3 is Lebrons *****
does that make CP3 also Wade's and Rileys *****?:confused:
No, it does not stack.

Jaji
07-25-2010, 11:36 PM
read what i wrote earlier
i was basing my comment on however many rings miami wins over the course of the current contracts, wade will always have 1 more

If you're basing it on how many rings Miami wins over the course of the current contracts then they'd have the same. How can you count previous rings but not rings won later?

blazerman
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
He won't end up in portland the market isn't big enough......

Then why is Portland one of his 4 choices, explain that Einstein!

Plus there the one team that has the pieces to get the deal done. It was very close to happening on draft day already for your info!

_KB24_
07-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Jaji, your a bandwagoner. No need to even discuss this with you. Can you cheer for a team and not get caught up with the hype?

blazerman
07-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Well said

Agreed!

Jaji
07-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Jaji, your a bandwagoner. No need to even discuss this with you. Can you cheer for a team and not get caught up with the hype?

I'm not a bandwagon fan at all. I'm not a Heat fan. You never saw me claim to be. I don't have a favorite team. I told you I like LeBron because he's from Akron. It wouldn't matter if he played for the Heat or the Harlem Globetrotters. He's my favorite player and that's gonna outweigh any team I would pick just to please you :rolleyes:. He's easy to like because he's the best player in the game. You might not like this post but it is 100% factual and there is really nothing you can say.

justinnum1
07-26-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm not a bandwagon fan at all. I'm not a Heat fan. You never saw me claim to be. I don't have a favorite team. I told you I like LeBron because he's from Akron. It wouldn't matter if he played for the Heat or the Harlem Globetrotters. He's my favorite player and that's gonna outweigh any team I would pick just to please you :rolleyes:. He's easy to like because he's the best player in the game. You might not like this post but it is 100% my opinion and there is really nothing you can say.

Fixed

montybeasty
07-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Ok everyone lets be real here.

If NO Is looking to shed salary then he's going to dallas. They have about 34million in expireing contracts.

I bet only problem their haveing now is what are they gonna do with kidd.

_KB24_
07-26-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm not a bandwagon fan at all. I'm not a Heat fan. You never saw me claim to be. I don't have a favorite team. I told you I like LeBron because he's from Akron. It wouldn't matter if he played for the Heat or the Harlem Globetrotters. He's my favorite player and that's gonna outweigh any team I would pick just to please you :rolleyes:. He's easy to like because he's the best player in the game. You might not like this post but it is 100% factual and there is really nothing you can say.

Yes you are. Last time I checked, Lebron wasn't a team. So jumping from team to team, makes you a bandwagoner. And America apparently disagrees with you when you say its "100 % factual", how can a Robin possibly be the best player in the league :rolleyes:

PLAYERS FAN
07-26-2010, 01:23 AM
I thought I was the only players fan on this forum:D Jaji

thekmp211
07-26-2010, 02:09 AM
lol the kobe boytoys trying to get on the case of a lebron james fan.

i've never had a favorite team. grew up in the tristate, i started watching bball when the knicks sucked and the nets got kidd, but neither team caught my interest. kg was always my favorite player. he ends up in boston when i end up in boston, so it just made sense for me to start following/rooting for them. i didnt know they would win that year.

that's not a bandwagon fan. bandwagon implies a switch in allegiance or an intensified interest because of fame and hype. if you've ever read jaji's posts, i think its safe to say that he is a knowledgeable and reasonably unbiased fan. he backs up his ideas. saying lebron james is the best player in the league is no more insane than saying kobe is. its an opinion, sure, but its one held by a lot of ****ing people. and a lot of people that are usually right.

moreover, i just can't wrap my head around the idea that lebron can be a loser who can't win while also being the douche who took the easy way out. it just doesnt make sense.

MVPKOBE43
07-26-2010, 02:20 AM
exactly nice quote. Lebron is scared if cp3 goes out east he doesnt want cp to beat him to the finals. what a douche bag

MVPKOBE43
07-26-2010, 02:24 AM
Yes you are. Last time I checked, Lebron wasn't a team. So jumping from team to team, makes you a bandwagoner. And America apparently disagrees with you when you say its "100 % factual", how can a Robin possibly be the best player in the league :rolleyes:

who cares if you switch teams. teams arent loyal to fans and fans arent loyal to teams. Why is it that fans have to be loyal to teams but cant get the same in return. root for who you want to, I just say, switching teams during the year. if you start the year with a team finish with them.

sargon21
07-26-2010, 02:46 AM
who cares if you switch teams. teams arent loyal to fans and fans arent loyal to teams. Why is it that fans have to be loyal to teams but cant get the same in return. root for who you want to, I just say, switching teams during the year. if you start the year with a team finish with them.

where do you live???

Jaji
07-26-2010, 11:05 AM

I don't jump from team o team. I'm rooting for LeBron. Period. Not necessarily the Heat. I mean they're okay. They're a team I've traditionally liked. And I live in Florida now. But I wouldn't call myself a Heat fan at all. So how can I be a bandwagon (specific type of) fan when I'm not even a fan?

And you can keep telling yourself "LeBron is Robin" because "Wade was there first." :laugh2: Like that matters. LeBron is the best player in the world but the 3rd best on his team (because Bosh was there 2nd)? :laugh2: That's ******** LeBron hate and nothing more. How can "Robin" average more points, rebounds and assists than the "Alpha Dog?" Keep saying that though if it will help you get through the next few months. Next June you'll be feeling real sick when the Lakers reign is officially over. LBJ will have his 3rd league MVP and a Finals MVP and you'll still be :mad:. Meanwhile, I'll still be :laugh2: at you.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 11:16 AM
where do you live???

I'm from Buffalo, New York. Home of the ???? Exactly. That's why I don't have a team. I love the game though. I like LeBron because he's from Akron, OH and I have family there. I spent many summers there growing up so LeBron is like a 2nd hometown hero to me. So I root for him. He played for the Cavs the last 7 years so I followed them. I was NEVER a Cavs fan though. Miami is different because they're a team I actually like. I like the name, the logo, the jerseys, plus I live in Florida now. It makes it easier being a LeBron fan that he now plays for a team I like but I still don't consider myself a Heat fan. I'm a basketball fan and a LeBron fan. Period. I don't care what _KB24_ says. He roots for the team with the most bandwagon fans in NBA history so if anyone needs to explain their fanhood its him. So _KB24_, if you're not from LA you're a dick rider and a bandwagon fan to the nth degree. And a hater. So that means you have nothing good going on in your life.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Fixed

Please explain how Dwyane Wade is better than LeBron James. I'll give you why I feel (know) the opposite.

1) LeBron averages more points per game (27.8 to 25.4)

2) LeBron averages more assists per game (7.0 to 6.6)

3) LeBron averages more rebounds per game (7.0 to 4.9)

4) LeBron averages less turnovers per game (3.29 to 3.71)

5) LeBron has a higher PER (26.9 to 25.7)

6) ALL of those stats are also in LeBron's favor in the playoffs as well

7) LeBron has more career playoff wins

8) LeBron was named ROY over Wade

9) LeBron has 2 (the last 2) MVPs compared to Wade's none

10) LeBron has 2 All Star game MVPs compared to only 1 for Wade

11) LeBron was important enough to have a one hour ESPN special to announce his FA decision. Wade was not.

12) There are 1,317 LeBron threads on this forum. There are 3 for Wade (if that)

These are all 100% FACTS. Now, please explain how Dwyane Wade is better than LeBron James. I would love to hear this :laugh2:.

kjoke
07-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Please explain how Dwyane Wade is better than LeBron James. I'll give you why I feel (know) the opposite.

1) LeBron averages more points per game (27.8 to 25.4)

2) LeBron averages more assists per game (7.0 to 6.6)

3) LeBron averages more rebounds per game (7.0 to 4.9)

4) LeBron averages less turnovers per game (3.29 to 3.71)

5) LeBron has a higher PER (26.9 to 25.7)

6) ALL of those stats are also in LeBron's favor in the playoffs as well

7) LeBron has more career playoff wins

8) LeBron was named ROY over Wade

9) LeBron has 2 (the last 2) MVPs compared to Wade's none

10) LeBron has 2 All Star game MVPs compared to only 1 for Wade

11) LeBron was important enough to have a one hour ESPN special to announce his FA decision. Wade was not.

12) There are 1,317 LeBron threads on this forum. There are 3 for Wade (if that)

These are all 100% FACTS. Now, please explain how Dwyane Wade is better than LeBron James. I would love to hear this :laugh2:.

although i agreed with u on lebron being a bit better than wade, the MAJOR thing that made me want to lean on wade being the best is wade carried a team from 2 down vs dallas and won a championship, maybe the greatest finals performance of all time, lebron has not

Jaji
07-26-2010, 11:51 AM
although i agreed with u on lebron being a bit better than wade, the MAJOR thing that made me want to lean on wade being the best is wade carried a team from 2 down vs dallas and won a championship, maybe the greatest finals performance of all time, lebron has not

Wade shot more FTs than the whole Mavericks team. That helps. And that was one week of basketball. 7 days > 7 years??? :confused:

E-Man117
07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Chris Paul in NY still wouldnt make the knicks a contender: Amare is OVERRATED.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Chris Paul in NY still wouldnt make the knicks a contender: Amare is OVERRATED.

He'd catch a lot of alley oops though and that would be fun to watch.

jaded01
07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
So what's this retards credibility?

he's the guy who got the most things right during the lebron saga.... so yeah its pretty high.

jaded01
07-26-2010, 12:40 PM

he won his first title in his 7th season. lebron just choked against the celtics in his 7th season.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 01:13 PM
he won his first title in his 7th season. lebron just choked against the celtics in his 7th season.

Even though its his 7th season, he's still very young. Its not his fault he was good enough to average 20 ppg as an 18 y/o kid. Oh wait, yes it is. But you should admire that, not hold it against him. There's this thing called maturity that comes with age. LeBron is only 25 which means he still has plenty of time to improve his game and grow mentally tougher. He's still just a kid.

Oh and he didn't choke against Boston. They were in control of the series until he found out Delonte was tapping his mom. Then he just kind of stopped caring. Still put up triple doubles though without even trying.

LA_Raiders
07-26-2010, 01:28 PM
he doesnt want him to go east because he wants no competition, Lebroom wants the easy way out....

Southsideheat
07-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Lebron is becoming a joke. Check that, he is a joke.

Allstar21
07-26-2010, 01:39 PM
lol....i can't stand the Lebron hate on these boards

such sour grapes

jaded01
07-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Even though its his 7th season, he's still very young. Its not his fault he was good enough to average 20 ppg as an 18 y/o kid. Oh wait, yes it is. But you should admire that, not hold it against him. There's this thing called maturity that comes with age. LeBron is only 25 which means he still has plenty of time to improve his game and grow mentally tougher. He's still just a kid.

Oh and he didn't choke against Boston. They were in control of the series until he found out Delonte was tapping his mom. Then he just kind of stopped caring. Still put up triple doubles though without even trying.

he is very immature and that is why i will not be rooting for him for the rest of his career. what he did was entirely his right and his decision... but it's everyone else's right to have their own opinion of him. he is not jordan, he will never be jordan. i dont really find him worth of admiration. he has quite possibly the greatest god given talent of any person ever in the basketball arena but obviously not the mentality and drive to use it. you dont admire the world's most talented accountant just because they are the most talented in their field so the same logic applies. he needed a father figure in his life... but no one has ever had the balls to tell him no. not his mom. not his high school coaches. not the cavs. not his friends. he is surrounded by yes men and is completely aloof. and for that i actually pity him.

Allstar21
07-26-2010, 01:40 PM

Jordan had a few years of college

but seriously....stop :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Southsideheat
07-26-2010, 01:41 PM
lol....i can't stand the Lebron hate on these boards

such sour grapes

i'm sorry, but he's turned into a joke. And i like Lebron.

Allstar21
07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
he is very immature and that is why i will not be rooting for him for the rest of his career. what he did was entirely his right and his decision... but it's everyone else's right to have their own opinion of him. he is not jordan, he will never be jordan. i dont really find him worth of admiration. he has quite possibly the greatest god given talent of any person ever in the basketball arena but obviously not the mentality and drive to use it. you dont admire the world's most talented accountant just because they are the most talented in their field so the same logic applies. he needed a father figure in his life... but no one has ever had the balls to tell him no. not his mom. not his high school coaches. not the cavs. not his friends. he is surrounded by yes men and is completely aloof. and for that i actually pity him.
You act like Lebron isn't a basketball player. I know you think he is completely aloof because he didn't go to your team, but in reality it is you that are completely aloof for caring so much. This is BASKETBALL!....Jesus christ you people need a reality check.

Allstar21
07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
i'm sorry, but he's turned into a joke. And i like Lebron.

Maybe you are coming to the realization that basketball is a business and that treating it as anything other than a game is a joke? Are you coming to that realization now? Lebron isn't a joke. Your misguided perception of how important basketball players are is a joke.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 01:53 PM

Why would he want to be Jordan? Jordan didn't want to be Dr. J. Kobe doesn't want to be Jordan. Nobody wants to be someone else so I don't think LeBron cares when people say he will never be Jordan. He'll be LeBron James. He'll have his own legacy like every other great one. He's already one of the best basketball players of all time. He'll never be Jordan :laugh2:? That just means he's not Harold Minor or JR Rider or Vince Carter. They were all dubbed "the next Jordan." How'd that work out for them? And LeBron's game is nothing like Jordan's game. That comparison stops at the fact they both play basketball. That's like saying Kevin Durant will never be Shaq. Duh!

You don't think he's worthy of admiration yet you take the time to bag on him? Really not caring is what LeBron is doing. He's not on PSD dissing you because he doesn't care. Obviously, LeBron is on your mind. There's a Flip Murray thread you can post in. But no, you came into a LeBron/Chris Paul thread. What does that tell you?

uws
what a piece of ****, he's just scared cuz NY or olrando with paul would whoop his team's ***

jaded01
You act like Lebron isn't a basketball player. I know you think he is completely aloof because he didn't go to your team, but in reality it is you that are completely aloof for caring so much. This is BASKETBALL!....Jesus christ you people need a reality check.

i think he's aloof because he didn't realize that he would kill his image by going on television for an hour to tell people that he was going to play with his friends in miami. i am not one who thinks that he "betrayed cleveland" or anything like that but he honestly believed that doing a one hour special in order to give ad revenues to the boys and girls club was a good thing for his image. if he didn't, he wouldn't have done it. i dont care that he didnt get traded to dallas or sign with chicago (my two teams), it's his choice and i'm happy that he made the decision for himself. and since you are obviously unaware of what aloof means:
–adverb
at a distance, esp. in feeling or interest; apart: They always stood aloof from their classmates.
–adjective
reserved or reticent; indifferent; disinterested: Because of his shyness, he had the reputation of being aloof.

if i was aloof to the situation, i wouldn't care. so you are right, because i would rather watch me team beat lebron, then have lebron. lebron is aloof because he is distant from the normal human experience. the world does not revolve around him because it does not revolve around anyone. but you don't seem to be the brightest so i wont continue to waste my time explaining to you the webster's definition of words and how to apply them in the english language.

krazylegz
07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Has the NBA become scripted or what? Lebron is calling the shots now, not only does he want CP3 to demand a trade but also stay in the West?

^^^been for years now,why are people still questioning if the nba is fake....answer is..its been for at least 15 years

Jaji
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
i think he's aloof because he didn't realize that he would kill his image by going on television for an hour to tell people that he was going to play with his friends in miami. i am not one who thinks that he "betrayed cleveland" or anything like that but he honestly believed that doing a one hour special in order to give ad revenues to the boys and girls club was a good thing for his image. if he didn't, he wouldn't have done it. i dont care that he didnt get traded to dallas or sign with chicago (my two teams), it's his choice and i'm happy that he made the decision for himself. and since you are obviously unaware of what aloof means:
–adverb
at a distance, esp. in feeling or interest; apart: They always stood aloof from their classmates.
–adjective
reserved or reticent; indifferent; disinterested: Because of his shyness, he had the reputation of being aloof.

if i was aloof to the situation, i wouldn't care. so you are right, because i would rather watch me team beat lebron, then have lebron. lebron is aloof because he is distant from the normal human experience. the world does not revolve around him because it does not revolve around anyone. but you don't seem to be the brightest so i wont continue to waste my time explaining to you the webster's definition of words and how to apply them in the english language.

Did he really kill his image? He got more hate on this site than probably anywhere else on the planet and its even died down here. Imagine when they start winning. No one will care about that 1 hour special. It will be nothing more than an afterthought. Kobe was accused of rape but no one remembers that. No one cares. Being accused of rape and admittedly cheating on your wife is waaaayyy worse in the public eye than a one hour special. Yet no one cares what Kobe did anymore just like no one will care about LeBron's special. Be real. Kobe lost endorsements. You think LeBron will lose endorsements because he went on TV? Its not like if he did it in secret it wasn't going to be ALL OVER the television and other media outlets anyway. Who cares?

jaded01
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Why would he want to be Jordan? Jordan didn't want to be Dr. J. Kobe doesn't want to be Jordan. Nobody wants to be someone else so I don't think LeBron cares when people say he will never be Jordan. He'll be LeBron James. He'll have his own legacy like every other great one. He's already one of the best basketball players of all time. He'll never be Jordan :laugh2:? That just means he's not Harold Minor or JR Rider or Vince Carter. They were all dubbed "the next Jordan." How'd that work out for them? And LeBron's game is nothing like Jordan's game. That comparison stops at the fact they both play basketball. That's like saying Kevin Durant will never be Shaq. Duh!

You don't think he's worthy of admiration yet you take the time to bag on him? Really not caring is what LeBron is doing. He's not on PSD dissing you because he doesn't care. Obviously, LeBron is on your mind. There's a Flip Murray thread you can post in. But no, you came into a LeBron/Chris Paul thread. What does that tell you?

you asked a question... and i answered. it is an unfair comparison michael at age 25 to lebron at age 25 so i altered it. after seven seasons michael had 1 ring, lebron had none. if you want to go through the player he is most like (magic) after 7 seasons for magic, he won 3 rings. im not bagging on him. you are trying to tell me what i should feel about someone who i have never met nor will ever meet. i am explaining to you what i feel, nothing more, nothing less. you are the one instigating everyone on this thread with your presumption that we should all admire lebron. put away your fanboyism and think things through.

Klivlend
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
I think Paul would look great in a Blazers uniform. Make it happen Portland!

8kobe24
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
If lebron did ask cp3 to do this, then this is clearly tampering. Seriously, lebron trying to move pieces like this is some kind of chess game.:rolleyes:

Jaji
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
LeBron not only runs the Heat, he runs the NBA. He was responsible for Wade returning to Miami. Some people are delusional to think Wade "recruited" LeBron :laugh2:. They got together long before July 8 and discussed what was going to happen. Rest assured that if LeBron chose Chicago as THE destination, Wade and maybe Bosh would have been there too. Then we'd have Heat fans doing all the hating instead of Chicago fans. And of course the Kobe fan boys find it their duty to hate on LeBron simply because he's better than Kobe.

jaded01
07-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Did he really kill his image? He got more hate on this site than probably anywhere else on the planet and its even died down here. Imagine when they start winning. No one will care about that 1 hour special. It will be nothing more than an afterthought. Kobe was accused of rape but no one remembers that. No one cares. Being accused of rape and admittedly cheating on your wife is waaaayyy worse in the public eye than a one hour special. Yet no one cares what Kobe did anymore just like no one will care about LeBron's special. Be real. Kobe lost endorsements. You think LeBron will lose endorsements because he went on TV? Its not like if he did it in secret it wasn't going to be ALL OVER the television and other media outlets anyway. Who cares?

you obviously do because you respond to everything i have said. kobe was accused of rape by someone who was trying to extort from him. which makes kobe the victim. cheating on your wife may be a bad thing in your eyes, but its a private matter between kobe and his wife. same with tiger. same with everyone. you misunderstand me. its lebrons right to do anything and everything he did, and im all for him to do it. my point is that i dont admire him like you say i should and a lot of people lost respect for him because of what they perceived to be an aloof exhibition of self absorbed nature. if its so pathetic that i dont root for lebron... why are you wasting your time trying to convert me? athletes make their money for being public figures... and with the fame and the money comes the public eye. let people think what they want. it doesnt effect you in any way at all.

Southsideheat
07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe you are coming to the realization that basketball is a business and that treating it as anything other than a game is a joke? Are you coming to that realization now? Lebron isn't a joke. Your misguided perception of how important basketball players are is a joke.

Lebron went from superstar to joke in one month. I'm not mad at him, its just a fact. His choice, but its the truth.

Jaji
07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
you asked a question... and i answered. it is an unfair comparison michael at age 25 to lebron at age 25 so i altered it. after seven seasons michael had 1 ring, lebron had none. if you want to go through the player he is most like (magic) after 7 seasons for magic, he won 3 rings. im not bagging on him. you are trying to tell me what i should feel about someone who i have never met nor will ever meet. i am explaining to you what i feel, nothing more, nothing less. you are the one instigating everyone on this thread with your presumption that we should all admire lebron. put away your fanboyism and think things through.

Okay, first of all, I never asked you that (reread the thread if necessary). Secondly, its still not a fair comparison to look at their 7th seasons like that. Jordan was way older and more mature. Most HS kids (see Kobe) average 5 or 6 ppg their rookie years. If LeBron was "normal" it would have taken him a few years to develop. He just happened to do it at a ridiculous rate. He still has at least 10 years or more and that's what's most important when making a comparison like that. Comparing an 18 y/o fresh out of HS to a seasoned 4 year college starter is absurd.

christexaport
07-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Wade shot more FTs than the whole Mavericks team. That helps. And that was one week of basketball. 7 days > 7 years??? :confused:

I put guys that win titles as the lead dog over guys that didn't. I think LeBron is a better all around player, but a great player can be average all year, as long as he's extraordinary in title games. THAT is greatness. Rings.

And I'm a Mavs fan, and wanted LeBron AND Wade. But until James wins a title as the lead dog, he'll always have to carry Wade's jock strap.

jobie420
07-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Chris Paul is just beating around the bush. He already knows where he is going. PORTLAND!!!

With B-Roy and CP3 they will be instant contenders.

Trade andre miller, joel pryzibilla, and rudy fernandez