PDA

View Full Version : Nobody wants shaq. His asking price is too high.

Lakeshow86
07-24-2010, 01:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Could-Shaquille-O-Neal-end-up-without-a-job-next?urn=nba-257888

It seems like the Hawks were the only team active in seeking the oldest player in the NBA and the rumor was they offered him the full MLE. He reportably wants too much money. Now that Hawks have signed former bigman Laker Powell. He is probably off thier radar. No other team either cant afford him at the price or they dont want him at all. Shaq might very well just retire

BKNets21
07-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Wow, he wants more than the full MLE? At the age of 38?

Guy should just be thankful he can still (sorta) play in the league instead of demanding good money.

moshy2
07-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Shaq could be useful for a team but not for more than the full MLE

omdigga
07-24-2010, 03:09 PM
The Big Liability?!?

Raph12
07-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Can his fat *** just retire already?

REALLYYYYY?
07-24-2010, 03:19 PM
shaq is silly

HouRealCoach
07-24-2010, 03:22 PM
He shouldve retired after Miami won the title

nanablvd
07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
O'neal will play this year for sure, in my opinion. He is not the guy who just throws in the towel now and just retires. That's not him the Big Ego. He will announce a deal and say it'll be his last year (or more), and will be captivated by the moments at the end of the season when he may receive standing ovations at any away-game arenas. He wont retire without announcing it at least one year ahead of time.

JNA17
07-24-2010, 04:02 PM
good luck with that shaq :facepalm:

Avenged
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
It's time to hang em' up Shaq.

The_Jamal
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Shaqlol. Any team that gives him big-money/playing time, is unbelieveably stupid

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 04:08 PM
He got the Cavs to pay him 20 mil didn't he? LMAO @ Dan Gilbert, the biggest clown in the NBA other than Stern.

RenegadeRiot36
07-24-2010, 04:16 PM
He got the Cavs to pay him 20 mil didn't he? LMAO @ Dan Gilbert, the biggest clown in the NBA other than Stern.

you do realize that he was traded to the cavs, right?:facepalm: they didnt sign him, that was his contract, whether the suns paid him it or not. get your facts straight :eyebrow:

Iron24th
07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
He's trying to force a signing in Boston.

Iron24th
07-24-2010, 04:19 PM

:facepalm: Do you know trades?

Wade>You
07-24-2010, 04:19 PM
The fact that he burned bridges in LA and Miami make it even more tougher for him to get a job. Boston is the only contender he could join that would accept him.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 04:21 PM
you do realize that he was traded to the cavs, right?:facepalm: they didnt sign him, that was his contract, whether the suns paid him it or not. get your facts straight :eyebrow:

Yeah I forgot about that.. I was so wrong about you're coveted owner huh? :rolleyes:

The Suns were braindead to pay him that much and the Cavs were dumber to trade for him.

ldc62
07-24-2010, 04:22 PM
The MLE is even too much. All Shaq can do is maybe guard and tire the opposing center for like 10 minutes a game. He should just retire instead of wasting his time with teams that aren't gonna win.

ldc62
07-24-2010, 04:23 PM
But maybe Shaq wants attention and hes pulling a Favre and waiting for ESPN to talk about "Shaq Watch".

blastmasta26
07-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I don't get why Shaq is so concerned with his contracts. He's made a lot of money over a long career. He just came off a 20 mil contract in his late 30's, why can't he accept vet min or atleast half the MLE? It's not like he needs to play anyway, he's just concerned with getting another ring before he retires. Usually old former stars that are roleplayers now end up taking much less money than they could get to give them a chance at a title.

ivylleague1'
07-24-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't get why Shaq is so concerned with his contracts. He's made a lot of money over a long career. He just came off a 20 mil contract in his late 30's, why can't he accept vet min or atleast half the MLE? It's not like he needs to play anyway, he's just concerned with getting another ring before he retires. Usually old former stars that are roleplayers now end up taking much less money than they could get to give them a chance at a title.

How many of the current centers in the NBA outplayed Shaq ???

kblo247
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
How many of the current centers in the NBA outplayed Shaq ???

For the season, last year?

Bogut
M.Gasol
Bynum
Kaman
JO
Jefferson
Okur
Noah
Nene
Horford
Lee
Bargs

Basically all guys who aren't looking for a job

kblo247
07-24-2010, 08:58 PM
The fact that he burned bridges in LA and Miami make it even more tougher for him to get a job. Boston is the only contender he could join that would accept him.

as well as Phoenix, Orlando, and Cleveland since he led the revolt against Mike Brown

ldc62
07-24-2010, 09:00 PM
How old do you think he'll be when he retires: Over Under 40?

hyb152
07-24-2010, 09:01 PM
as well as Phoenix, Orlando, and Cleveland since he led the revolt against Mike Brown

Yeah but that revolt on Mike Brown shouldve been done by someone else 3 years ago. I was saying since 2007, this guy should be fired. He was one of the main reasons why the cavs couldn't get over the hump of Orl, Bos, and LA. Brown, and bad supporting cast players. Blame former GM Danny Ferry, oh wait, i guess that's why he's FIRED.

kjdills13
07-24-2010, 09:05 PM
the THUNDER should sign him hes the size they need in the paint if they want to compete with the lakers!

kblo247
07-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah but that revolt on Mike Brown shouldve been done by someone else 3 years ago. I was saying since 2007, this guy should be fired. He was one of the main reasons why the cavs couldn't get over the hump of Orl, Bos, and LA. Brown, and bad supporting cast players. Blame former GM Danny Ferry, oh wait, i guess that's why he's FIRED.

It doesn't matter if it should have happened as it only adds to the Shaq is a douche that gets more childish with age list. I mean he hasn't grown up and is almost 40 with declining play and a history of staying in poor physical shape, which is why teams won't touch him. He couldn't even behave reasonably well for a year on a contending team where he started, got paid, and was treated like a second option. Why would ant contending team take the risk of bringing him in when he would get paid less, possibly not start, get less touches, get less attention, and has a history of being a locker room cancer that gets into it with players, coaches, and management if he couldn't make that last situation work?

kblo247
07-24-2010, 09:08 PM
the THUNDER should sign him hes the size they need in the paint if they want to compete with the lakers!

They would be better off getting DJ Mbenga, Dampier if he is waived, and Joe Smith while using the quantity over quality approach than adding Shaq to a good young team and coach who likes one another.

GoatMilk
07-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Shaq wouldnt fit with Atlanta anyways

who's their coach?
Larry Drew? uh

not hating on LD, I just dont think Shaq wants a rookie coach

eibbor
07-24-2010, 09:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Could-Shaquille-O-Neal-end-up-without-a-job-next?urn=nba-257888

It seems like the Hawks were the only team active in seeking the oldest player in the NBA and the rumor was they offered him the full MLE. He reportably wants too much money. Now that Hawks have signed former bigman Laker Powell. He is probably off thier radar. No other team either cant afford him at the price or they dont want him at all. Shaq might very well just retire

His asking price is like Tom Brady... It WILL go down.

nanablvd
07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
It never hurts to try. Shaq will adjust his price tag if he wants to stay in the game again, but it never hurts, in his situation, to test the market by starting with a high. It's not like he would have lost a ton a opportunites by not having a deal early cuz he knew he probably wouldnt get too much interests beforehand.

D Roses Bulls
07-24-2010, 09:47 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

oh man......