PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the best bench?

Pages : [1] 2

erik7
07-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Which NBA team has the best bench and why?

Vote, and in your response give a valid argument of why your bench is worthy!

This is NOT going off of just talent, but rather whose bench compliments their starters the best...

A talented bench does not mean success for a team....the bench players have to compliment the starters with subs if that makes sense

erik7
07-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Lakers:

PG- Fisher
SG- Sasha
SF- Matt Barnes
PF- Lamar Odom
C- Theo Ratliff

Miami Heat:

PG- Arroyo
SG- Mike Miller
SF- James Jones
PF- Haslem
C- Big Z

Denver Nuggets:

PG- Ty Lawson
SG- Anthony Carter
SF- JR Smith
PF- Kenyon Martin
C- Chris Anderson

SPURS:

PG- Tony Parker/George Hill
SG- Gary Neal
SF- Matt Bonner
PF- McDyess
C- Blair

Celtics:

PG- Nate Robinson
SG- Marquise
SF- Tony Gaffney
PF- Big Baby
C- Perkins

Magic:

PG- Duhon
SG- Reddick
SF- Q
PF- Ryan Anderson
C- Gortat

Dallas:

PG- Barera
SG- Terry
SF- Stevenson
PF- Marion
C- Haywood

Ebbs
07-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Dallas should be mentioned atleast

bbcmillionaire
07-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Lol@ the heat bench, and you shoulda tossed in the bulls

albertc86
07-24-2010, 12:33 PM
You forgot to mention Barnes on the Lakers' bench. Remove Walton.

erik7
07-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Bulls bench is not top 5 and therefore, not worthy...I forgot to mention Dallas in the vote poll though. If you pick other, explain why....

Rndy
07-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Bulls bench is not top 5 and therefore, not worthy...I forgot to mention Dallas in the vote poll though. If you pick other, explain why....

Oh but Miami's bench is? :facepalm:

fadedmario
07-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Pistons will have a very deep bench this year

Ben Gordon
Charlie Villanueva
Jason Maxiell
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye

Our expected starters are

Rodney Stuckey
Richard Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Greg Monroe
Ben Wallace

Pistons led the league in injuries last year. I don't think they will be as bad as people think this year.

69centers
07-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Are you sure Blake is going to start over Fisher?

lakers4sho
07-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Fisher is starting homie.

dnewguy
07-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Heat has the best bench. Haslem and Miller > than everyone else.

djlamer
07-24-2010, 12:54 PM
i'm going with the suns
best bench last year
probably same again this year

Chicagofaithful
07-24-2010, 12:57 PM
WHY THE ***** WOULD ANYONE EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING THE HEAT'S BENCH ON THIS LIST? THEY HAVE ONE OF THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE! erik7 are you a heat fan?

ATX
07-24-2010, 12:58 PM

The Heat bench isn't bad...Oh wait your a Bulls fan. Explains everything.

dnewguy
07-24-2010, 01:01 PM
WHY THE ***** WOULD ANYONE EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING THE HEAT'S BENCH ON THIS LIST? THEY HAVE ONE OF THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE! erik7 are you a heat fan?

and your bench can match-up? stop hating.....all Miami bench were former starters....ALL.

RollinDeep
07-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Smush Parker was a starter at one point too.

dwadefan03
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
whos even on the bulls bench? why are they complaining. But i do agree in thinkngi that maybe it is rather premature to say that the heat have the best bench when we havent even seen them play together yet, however the talent definately ranks among the best

dnewguy
07-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

So why are people voting for the Lakers? I know you hate the Heat but that does not excuse the fact that Miami has the superior bench.

blackjack_119
07-24-2010, 01:17 PM
The Blazers have the most talented bench in the league it is extremely deep and offer a variety of skills sets:

Post defense: Marcus Camby PF/C, Przybilla C
Perimeter Defense: Wesley Matthews G/F; Armon Johnson PG
3PT Shooting: Rudy Fernandez SG, Luke Babbitt SF
Ability to get to the rim: Jerryd Bayless G, Elliot Williams G

C: Camby/Przybilla
PF: Camby/Pendergraph
SF: Matthews/Babbitt/Cunningham
SG: Fernandez/Matthews/Williams
PG: Bayless/Johnson/Mills

ifhmondays
07-24-2010, 01:17 PM
haslem better than odom?

SouthSideRookie
07-24-2010, 01:18 PM
How in the world can someone leave out the Rockets!! they actually have the deepest and best bench of all the teams mentioned, The Heat, you gotta be kidding me !

Raidaz4Life
07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I still like Phoenix's bench

LakersIn5
07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

So why are people voting for the Lakers? I know you hate the Heat but that does not excuse the fact that Miami has the superior bench.

dayum hell no.. you only got the mike miller thing right.. no way in hell is haslem better than odom. LOL! and matt barnes is bettar than james jones by like a gazillion times more.. and ratliff will smack the hell out of ilgauskas. and blake is better than arroyo

kjoke
07-24-2010, 01:24 PM
heat :)

ChiSox219
07-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Magic, it's not close.

ATX
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
haslem better than odom?

Ya, I have to disagree with that statement. I love Udonis, but Odom can do many more things with the basketball.

ifhmondays
07-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Ya, I have to disagree with that statement. I love Udonis, but Odom can do many more things with the basketball.

i wasn't saying he was better, i was disagreeing with another post for got to paste it.

dnewguy
07-24-2010, 01:28 PM
dayum hell no.. you only got the mike miller thing right.. no way in hell is haslem better than odom. LOL! and matt barnes is bettar than james jones by like a gazillion times more.. and ratliff will smack the hell out of ilgauskas. and blake is better than arroyo

When did Matt Barnes become a big shot? I don't know of any team that will pick Odom before Haslem #justsaying......and Ratliff is better than illgauskas? are you freaking kidding me? Who the hell is blake and what has he ever done to be better than aroyo? You realize that Arroyo has the best or second best assist/turnover ratio in the league for the past 3 years?

ifhmondays
07-24-2010, 01:28 PM
But anyways I'm going to say the Bucks have a damn good bench.

kjoke
07-24-2010, 01:30 PM
The Blazers have the most talented bench in the league it is extremely deep and offer a variety of skills sets:

this, blazers are amazing throughout there 15 man roster people forget way to much abut this team

ATX
i wasn't saying he was better, i was disagreeing with another post for got to paste it.

Haha, I guess I worded that wierd. I was trying to say that I agree with you about disagreeing.

rapsallday
Barbosa
Weems
Derozan
Davis
Amir....I think this group will come of the bench come pre season

they deserve a look

sugarrayray
07-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Come on!!!

What about the Bucks.

Dooling
Chris Douglas Roberts
Maggette
Ersan Ilyasova
Larry Sanders

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Jon Brockman

That's the best bench in the league!

It's just bull **** how it's not even on the list. I know the Bucks get overlooked a lot, but it's ridiculous that they're not even on the list. I guess after they get done cleaning house and winning the division, then they'll be on some lists.

LakersIn5
07-24-2010, 01:34 PM
When did Matt Barnes become a big shot? I don't know of any team that will pick Odom before Haslem #justsaying......and Ratliff is better than illgauskas? are you freaking kidding me? Who the hell is blake and what has he ever done to be better than aroyo? You realize that Arroyo has the best or second best assist/turnover ratio in the league for the past 3 years?

team USA for one.

who the hell said that matt barness is a big shot?? i just said that he is better than james jones.

career wise ilgauskas is better but right now ratliff is.

LOL you dont know blake? his first name is steve. he played for the clippers last season and for the blazers aswell. let me ask you this what has arroyo done to be better than blake?

again james jones is crap

ChicagoBulls23
07-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

It should go

Blake > Arroyo
Sasha < Mike Miller
Barnes > James Jones
Odom < Haslem
Ratliff < Big Z

dnewguy
07-24-2010, 01:40 PM
team USA for one.

who the hell said that matt barness is a big shot?? i just said that he is better than james jones.

career wise ilgauskas is better but right now ratliff is.

LOL you dont know blake? his first name is steve. he played for the clippers last season and for the blazers aswell. let me ask you this what has arroyo done to be better than blake?

again james jones is crap

Lets see, Aroyo has a better shooting percentage, efficency/48 mins, better ball handler, he's better in every aspect of the game except for 3 point shooting.....blake ain't too good in that either, he shot below 40% all his career. where are Laker fans getting this Blake and Barnes fantasies from? this folks have never done anything in their careers.

ifhmondays
07-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Come on!!!

What about the Bucks.

Dooling
Chris Douglas Roberts
Maggette
Ersan Ilyasova
Larry Sanders

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Jon Brockman

That's the best bench in the league!

It's just bull **** how it's not even on the list. I know the Bucks get overlooked a lot, but it's ridiculous that they're not even on the list. I guess after they get done cleaning house and winning the division, then they'll be on some lists.

:clap:

Although I think Maggette will start, I do believe if he comes off the bench we have a potential 6th man of the year.

jhood
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
LAKERS:

Pg : Blake
Sg : (hopefully) Shannon Brown/Sasha
Sf : Barnes
Pf : Odom
C : rotation btwn Bynum, ratclff and gasol

Brew Crew
07-24-2010, 01:43 PM
No mention of the Bucks? How surprising...

TEXASTITAN
07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Wow talk about disrespect jesus......Houston has the best bench in the league. You guys are in for a big surprise from houston come gametime im telling you what.

Tmath
07-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Raptors

Jack
Weems
Derozan
Johnson
Bargnani

Oh Wait thats the starting 5 :facepalm:

loki34
07-24-2010, 01:51 PM
SUNS
4 players can win the 6th man award
Frye,Dragic,Dudley or Childress

kjoke
07-24-2010, 01:55 PM
this jsut became a homer thread where EVERYONES bench is th best

RollinDeep
07-24-2010, 01:56 PM
this jsut became a homer thread where EVERYONES bench is th best

This lol.

Lakersho
07-24-2010, 01:57 PM

...Once again you make yourself look like the rook, bandwgon homer you are...:facepalm:

Bang Bros89
07-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Haslem better then Odom?? i think some of you heat "fans" are overrating the bench

MaloDaw9
07-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Odom over Haslem ALLDAY.. Stats don't lie.. Career wise Odom averages more points,rebounds,steals and assists and Odoms been coming off the bench the last 2 years.. Plus Odom can play all 5 postions if need be..
LOL..

Get Real..

Bang Bros89
07-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Haslem at most is a hustle guy off the bench, i'm willing to bet money Odom would start on any team in the league

Brew Crew
Well if people would take their homer blinders off for a second and realize their team isn't the only team in the league then things might be a little different...

I mean, Bulls fans are still trying to tell us their bench is better then the Bucks bench...We basically have a 12 man roster in which 9 guys could be starters...and I am not being biased. The 3 I don't count are Dooling, Brockman, and Sanders our rookie

Derrick_Rose
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

And this is why no one takes Heat fans seriously.

Jack Daniels
07-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

Really? and the worst part is I'm really starting to think that you actually believe some of the stuff you write.

Lakersho
07-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Lets see, Aroyo has a better shooting percentage, efficency/48 mins, better ball handler, he's better in every aspect of the game except for 3 point shooting.....blake ain't too good in that either, he shot below 40% all his career. where are Laker fans getting this Blake and Barnes fantasies from? this folks have never done anything in their careers.

...Aroyo is a bottom tier point guard , saying how great he is shows your knowledge. blake and barnes are roll players that do thier job very well . thats all we need . no, they're not allstars dont need them to be . your gettin your post count up , but your still what we all said you are. YOU KNOW...

Frezhnitz
07-24-2010, 02:12 PM
and your bench can match-up? stop hating.....all Miami bench were former starters....ALL.

They key word was "were". Not annymore.

Rangerchick
07-24-2010, 02:13 PM

I thought POR was trying to deal Fernandez? Still a great bench though.

Rangerchick
07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Really? and the worst part is I'm really starting to think that you actually believe some of the stuff you write.

I don't get Haslem over Odom either.

RollinDeep
07-24-2010, 02:15 PM
They key word was "were". Not annymore.

Also in the former starter list:

Luke Walton
Smush Parker
Kwame Brown

Just to name a few.

Former starter does not mean good player.

RollinDeep
07-24-2010, 02:16 PM
I thought POR was trying to deal Fernandez? Still a great bench though.

With the signing of Matthews I'd think it's likely to happen.

Frezhnitz
07-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

This is funny.

Big Z is slow and wil get punk by Ratliff.

Haslem can't do what Odom can.

Barnes is a better defender

But youcan say Miller is etter then sasha

RollinDeep
07-24-2010, 02:19 PM
This is funny.

Big Z is slow and wil get punk by Ratliff.

Haslem can't do what Odom can.

Barnes is a better defender

But youcan say Miller is etter then sasha

And usually it will be either Gasol or Bynum playing center, I expect Ratliff to be used sparingly.

*Silver&Black*
07-24-2010, 02:19 PM
LOL @ the people calling people homers but listing their team.

Real homer crap aside, the Suns have the best bench.

Brew Crew
07-24-2010, 02:22 PM
LOL @ the people calling people homers but listing their team.

Real homer crap aside, the Suns have the best bench.

How are they better then the Bucks? And I'm honestly asking

dre1990
07-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I've never used this before, but :facepalm: at people sayin udonis is better than odom. thats one of the stupidest things i've ever heard

Storch
07-24-2010, 02:23 PM
It really doesn't matter who has the best bench because the starters will be playing with the bench. Heat has an advantage in having three franchise players, the Lakers or any other teams do not. Therefore, the bench issue for Miami would not matter as much because Wade, Lebron, and Bosh have all been used to be the center of the offense and they can take turns resting, may it be one at a time or 2 at a time.

dre1990
07-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Right now its a tie beetween orlando and the lakers

Storch
07-24-2010, 02:24 PM
I've never used this before, but :facepalm: at people sayin udonis is better than odom. thats one of the stupidest things i've ever heard

That is indeed worthy of a :facepalm:

Even though Odom is essentially better than Haslem in every aspect of his game, these Haslem homers have a right to talk since Haslem is consistent and Odom is not. And so, this whole argument is just beating a dead horse.

MaloDaw9
07-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Homer crap aside I'll ride out with the suns bench as well those guys are gritty and can turn around the biggest leads as we all saw in the playoffs.

lakers4sho
07-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Looking at your sig, you, muh man, are the definition of a bandwagon fan.

Chacarron
07-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Why is the Heat bench here? :facepalm:

*Silver&Black*
07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
How are they better then the Bucks? And I'm honestly asking

Let's say if the starting 5 is Nash, Rich, Hill, Turk, Lopez, then the bench is:

Dragic, Dudley, Childress, Warrick, Frye, Amundson, Clark, Lawal looks to me like the best bench. Look they had the best bench last year, now they added Childress and Warrick to it and slide Frye for a full season on the bench. So improving the best bench from last year gives you IMO the best bench.

I'm not even a Suns fan.

REALLYYYYY?
07-24-2010, 02:29 PM

yep

Heater4life
07-24-2010, 02:32 PM

How is having Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, and Zeke coming off your bench, make the Heat's bench "one of the worst in the league"?

For all the talk who do the Bulls have on their bench Watson, Gibson, who else?

I really dont get it.

loufor2
07-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

awful. Barnes is way better then James jones. Blake is better than Arroyo...and odom is better than Haslem. Biased mo****er

FASTPLANS
07-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Let's say if the starting 5 is Nash, Rich, Hill, Turk, Lopez, then the bench is:

Dragic, Dudley, Childress, Warrick, Frye, Amundson, Clark, Lawal looks to me like the best bench. Look they had the best bench last year, now they added Childress and Warrick to it and slide Frye for a full season on the bench. So improving the best bench from last year gives you IMO the best bench.

I'm not even a Suns fan.

I think the Suns bench is going to blow other teams away! They will even hold their own against most starters. Lets just roll a ball out and get this started!!!

I am a SUNS fan!

Heater4life
07-24-2010, 02:40 PM
It really doesn't matter who has the best bench because the starters will be playing with the bench. Heat has an advantage in having three franchise players, the Lakers or any other teams do not. Therefore, the bench issue for Miami would not matter as much because Wade, Lebron, and Bosh have all been used to be the center of the offense and they can take turns resting, may it be one at a time or 2 at a time.

Its not even that bro, first people talk as if we have 15 man rotations in the NBA. Secondly, where do people get the notion that Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem suck? damn i wont hype them up, but dont cast them as crap. those guys can start on on a good number of teams. throw in Zeke as a back-up, id say he would be one of the better back-up centers in the league. definatly not the worst.

Damn people, lighten up. Cant even talk about general team benches without making this a Heat bash fest?

loufor2
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I like my Sixers bench...

pg- Lou williams
sg- Jodie meeks, willie green
sf- thad young, nocioni
pf- Speights
C- Jason Smith, Tony Batie

I think it is a top ten bench.

However i think the best bench belongs to the suns. They play HARD!

KiNgSuNs1
07-24-2010, 02:46 PM
The thing is the suns bench can hold there own against other starters. We play a full bench where we take out all the starters. Most teams will not put there whole bench out there, they leave some starters in with them. i cant wait until the season starts. The suns will be better then last year.

bodupp311
07-24-2010, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=ATX;14273395]The Heat bench isn't bad...Oh wait your a Bulls fan. Explains everything.[/Q The Heat bench IS bad...Oh wait your a damn idiot. Expains everything.

BkOriginalOne
07-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Why is Kmart on your Nuggs bench. he wouldn't lose his starting job to Al Harrington.

97NYer
07-24-2010, 02:52 PM
The Heat bench....smh.

numba1CHANGsta
07-24-2010, 02:53 PM
1. Lakers
2. Suns
3. Dallas
4. Magic
5. Denver

The Heat's bench is overrated

*Silver&Black*
07-24-2010, 02:55 PM
You know what's funny, is that the Hawks have the best bench player (Jamal Crawford) but our bench after that sucks (not counting Jeff Teague-should prob be starter and Jordan Crawford-rookie).

Still say Suns have best bench.

KickPushCoast
07-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Wow u guys forgot about the Suns, the best bench in the league last year and if you watched them you would know what I'm talking about and Lakers?? really? That was their weakness last year

ATX
07-24-2010, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=ATX;14273395]The Heat bench isn't bad...Oh wait your a Bulls fan. Explains everything.[/Q The Heat bench IS bad...Oh wait your a damn idiot. Expains everything.

:rolleyes:

Good one buddy.

Heater4life
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
The Heat bench....smh.

Eveyone says "the heat have no bench" but not one person has gone into explaining why they feel the Heat have no bench which is the sole purpose of being in a forum, discussions with reason and or facts.

SMH at the logic in PSD lately.

BTW, the lakers and the Suns have the best bench, Dallas is in the mix as well, Boston and Chicago are depleted, Orlando i believe has decent depth, Atlanta has Crawford not much else, Knicks are deeper after the Lee trade, Bucks have added depth as well.

Brew Crew
07-24-2010, 03:06 PM
These posts keep getting better and better...Keep up the research guys

REALLYYYYY?
07-24-2010, 03:09 PM
some teams, like the bulls, still are not finished adding to their roster

RocketPower2010
07-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Houston Rockets:

Starters:
Yao Ming C
Luis Scola PF
Shane Battier/Trevor Ariza whichever one you like more
Kevin Martin SG
Aaron Brooks PG

Bench:
Brad Miller C - one of the best passing and shooting big men in the league who has a big body and can play above average defense.

Chuck Hayes C/PF - undersized for his position but someone that I definitely would not want to guard me. Tough, hustles, but liability on the offense.

Jordan Hill - PF/C - a great talent in the making. has great athleticism at the 4. if he can bulk up, will be a beast in the near future.

Jared Jeffries/Alexander Johnson - PF - garbage but they are our garbage.

Patrick Patterson - PF - the absolute steal of the draft at number 14. he is NBA ready as of now and can get much much better, which is scary.

Trevor Ariza/Shane Battier - Ariza is more offensive and athletic while Shane is more defensive and disciplined. Personally with all the firepower in the starting lineup I much rather Shane start and Ariza provide a spark off the bench.

Chase Budinger SF/SG - 3 point specialist

Mike Harris - SF - undersized man with a nice 15 foot touch who can play 2 3 and 4. Really, really tough for a guy his size, reminds me of Pau Milsap and his teamate Chuck Hayes (only on defense, Harris is much more superior on offense)

Jermaine Taylor - SG - another promising young player that needs to learn discipline before he can be a consistent contributor. But his upside far outweights his downside.

Kyle Lowry - PG - There is a reason that Daryl Morey match his offer to keep Lowry. While I don't understand it, DM is a much, much smarter man than I and I shall trust him as long as he and I shall both live.

Pretty deep bench don't you think?

Shady66
07-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Forget the Suns bench? lol.
One of the best benches during the regular season and no doubt the best bench in the playoffs.
And they got better:
Dragic
Childress
Dudley
Warrick/Lawal
Frye

loufor2
07-24-2010, 03:27 PM
^ I Would like to see the suns start lopez at the 5 and Frye at the 4. I feel they compliment each other well.

lilboytwister99
07-24-2010, 03:42 PM
How in the world can someone leave out the Rockets!! they actually have the deepest and best bench of all the teams mentioned, The Heat, you gotta be kidding me !

THANK YOU!

Most people are all up on the Lakers and Heat's nuts....... I mean seriously. I think everyone's gonna be in for a big surprise this year. Stay tuned!

tgddg1
07-24-2010, 03:50 PM
This is an impossible question to answer, their are too many variables like game to game match-ups, fouls, injuries, rookies, etc. We will not know who has the best bench until the season is over. If you look at pure talent there are three or four teams that standout.

However, anyone that thinks Haslem is better than Odom is clearly looking with their eyes wide shut!!!!!

whtechoklt
07-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Arroyo = Blake
Mike Miller > Sasha
James Jones = Barnes
Haslem > Odom
Big Z > Ratliff

(dnewheatfan) Dam homie you must of become a heat fan this July!! what makes you think Z is not going to be your starting Center at 7 ft 3 inches? which makes either Magloire, Howard, or Pittman the back up. Here's how it should break out:

Blake>Arroyo

Carlos Arroyo
Career FG% 0.438 3PT% 0.315 FT% 0.805 APG 3.2 TO 1.2 PPG 6.9

Steve Blake
Career FG% 0.411 3PT% 0.393 FT% 0.780 APG 4.3 TO 1.5 PPG 7.5

With Blake being the better defender (can guard the 2 spot as well)

Odom>Haslem

Udonis Haslem
Career FG% 0.499 3PT% 0.000 FT% 0.763 RPG 8.1 APG 1.1 BPG 0.3 PPG 10.0

Lamar Odom
Career FG% 0.463 3PT% 0.315 FT% 0.701 RPG 8.9 APG 4.1 BPG 1.0 PPG 14.6

Odom much more versatile (can play all 5 positions)

Barnes>Jones

James Jones
Career FG% 0.398 3PT% 0.395 FT% 0.861 RPG 2.4 PPG 6.4

Matt Barnes
Career FG% 0.444 3PT% 0.329 FT% 0.720 RPG 4.4 PPG 7.3

Barnes obviously the better defender

Miller> sasha/brown

Give you that one, anyone that knows basketball knows that

Ratliff or Magloire/Howard/Pittman

Offensively they are all garbage, but defensively the slight edge has to go to Ratliff because of his shot blocking ability. But with all that being said offense comes and goes but defense wins championships so if you want to assess who has the best bench in the league you have to go with the one that plays better D. Miami better be worried about Boston 1st before they even start thinking about LA

Avenged
07-24-2010, 04:00 PM
The Suns bench is looking very impressive, such a shame Amare left.

The Lakers also have a good one but I don't think it's the best. Definitely a big upgrade compared to this past season though.

And as far as Haslem being better than Odom? Wow.. :confused:

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-24-2010, 04:02 PM
The Suns have the best bench BY FAR. Idk what the hell you guys are smoking thinking anyone else is better.

Shady66
07-24-2010, 04:03 PM
^ I Would like to see the suns start lopez at the 5 and Frye at the 4. I feel they compliment each other well.

They play well together, problem is there is no other bigman for the bench then. The next tallest player after Frye and Lopez is Turk or Clark. Theres no way im playing their weak ***** at C haha

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Btw Big Z is going to be on the bench. Joel Anthony is going to start for the 5009708905985986th time.

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 04:08 PM
(dnewheatfan) Dam homie you must of become a heat fan this July!! what makes you think Z is not going to be your starting Center at 7 ft 3 inches? which makes either Magloire, Howard, or Pittman the back up. Here's how it should break out:

Blake>Arroyo

Carlos Arroyo
Career FG% 0.438 3PT% 0.315 FT% 0.805 APG 3.2 TO 1.2 PPG 6.9

Steve Blake
Career FG% 0.411 3PT% 0.393 FT% 0.780 APG 4.3 TO 1.5 PPG 7.5

With Blake being the better defender (can guard the 2 spot as well)

Odom>Haslem

Udonis Haslem
Career FG% 0.499 3PT% 0.000 FT% 0.763 RPG 8.1 APG 1.1 BPG 0.3 PPG 10.0

Lamar Odom
Career FG% 0.463 3PT% 0.315 FT% 0.701 RPG 8.9 APG 4.1 BPG 1.0 PPG 14.6

Odom much more versatile (can play all 5 positions)

Barnes>Jones

James Jones
Career FG% 0.398 3PT% 0.395 FT% 0.861 RPG 2.4 PPG 6.4

Matt Barnes
Career FG% 0.444 3PT% 0.329 FT% 0.720 RPG 4.4 PPG 7.3

Barnes obviously the better defender

Miller> sasha/brown

Give you that one, anyone that knows basketball knows that

Ratliff or Magloire/Howard/Pittman

Offensively they are all garbage, but defensively the slight edge has to go to Ratliff because of his shot blocking ability. But with all that being said offense comes and goes but defense wins championships so if you want to assess who has the best bench in the league you have to go with the one that plays better D. Miami better be worried about Boston 1st before they even start thinking about LA

Have you forgot about Joel Anthony? He'll most likely be the starter.

The man is an absolute stud on defense...

Even with his small frame at 6'9 he can still guard big bodies like Howard, Bogut, etc.

People think he isn't a great rebounder, since he only averages 3 boards a game. But he doesn't allow his man to grab the rebound. He'll box-out and allow a teammate to secure the board. Joel is an all around defender. Great shot blocker. He can guard his man all the way out on the perimeter, terrific help defender, and good instincts.

Very underrated.

Miami will have a solid bench. Udonis Haslem is the best blue collar player in the NBA, Mike Miller will spread the floor with his 3pt shooting, Big Z adds size and length, and Arroyo doesn't turn the ball over and can creat his own shot.

People need to open their eyes and stop hating, because they are running out of things you hate about. The bench is solid, not great, but solid.

Redbull
07-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Ty Lawson, JR Smith, Birdman and Al Harrington. I'll say the Nuggets for now, well have to wait and see the final rosters.

JNA17
07-24-2010, 04:18 PM
hey ummmm...what about the mavs and magic bench? They need some love. Lakers now in the consideration with the major improvement they made. LOL at the heat having 10 votes

ldc62
07-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Isn't the Blazers like stacked? Lot of depth

South Side 95th
07-24-2010, 04:20 PM
PG-CJ Watson
SG-Kyle Kover/maybe Tracy McGrady
SF-James Hohnson
PF-Taj Gibson
C- Kurt thomas/Asik

Da Bulls Bit***

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 04:21 PM
The Suns bench is looking very impressive, such a shame Amare left.

The Lakers also have a good one but I don't think it's the best. Definitely a big upgrade compared to this past season though.

And as far as Haslem being better than Odom? Wow.. :confused:

That shouldn't be much of a shock.. In my opinion, Odom is the best role player in the NBA, but Udonis is still a great role player on any squad.

He's a terrific rebounder. You could make a case that he's one of the best when it comes to grabbing offensive boards. He can spread the floor with his mid-range game. Isn't afraid to bang down low, he'll take any challenge. Good defender and will give it his all on every play like it's his last. Very unselfish player, he came off the bench to allow Beasley to start and took a major pay cut this offseason. Even when he was moved to the bench, he still produced by leading the league in double-doubles off the bench. He has been clutch as well, coming through at the end of games when he is called upon.

In my opinion, best blue collar player in the NBA.

Lamar is no doubt the more skilled player, but Haslem isn't too far behind when you consider all assets of the game.

Would take those two over any other big men off the bench.

Mikey Roxx
07-24-2010, 04:21 PM
There are quite a few times that have strong benches, especially with the new acquisitions like the Bulls' and Bucks', but my pick goes to the Suns. It's not just a homer pick, either; the second unit would go out there against the opponent's starters while being behind, and would put us ahead. It's a shame we're losing Amundson, but with us upgrading Barbosa with Childress and adding Warrick for an offensive punch, we've still got a hell of a bench.

PHX2daDEATH
07-24-2010, 04:30 PM
I wont be a homer and say the Suns although they are one of THE best in the league...

I'll go with the Lakers because they picked up Barnes...

oh and the Heat's bench sucks... whoever said Haslem over Odom shoulde be banned

mikantsass
07-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Easily the Magic

Gambeezy
07-24-2010, 04:33 PM
i'm going with the suns
best bench last year
probably same again this year

This. And why are the Suns not an option? I had to choose other.

Avenged
07-24-2010, 04:39 PM
That shouldn't be much of a shock.. In my opinion, Odom is the best role player in the NBA, but Udonis is still a great role player on any squad.

He's a terrific rebounder. You could make a case that he's one of the best when it comes to grabbing offensive boards. He can spread the floor with his mid-range game. Isn't afraid to bang down low, he'll take any challenge. Good defender and will give it his all on every play like it's his last. Very unselfish player, he came off the bench to allow Beasley to start and took a major pay cut this offseason. Even when he was moved to the bench, he still produced by leading the league in double-doubles. He has been clutch as well, coming through at the end of games when he is called upon.

Lamar is no doubt the more skilled player, but Haslem isn't too far behind when you consider all assets of the game.

Pretty much Haslem is a good locker room guy. He's not a selfish player and does what's best for the team. That does not make him a better player though. Odom also agreed to come off the bench for the good of the team when he would be starting for any other team in the league.

footballer2369
07-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Pretty much Haslem is a good locker room guy. He's not a selfish player and does what's best for the team. That does not make him a better player though. Odom also agreed to come off the bench for the good of the team when he would be starting for any other team in the league.

lmao how about the Heat for one?

swaddell13
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
the suns have the best bench last year and for sure this year. goran dragic, CHILDRESS, jdudly, WARRICK, frye

yeah thats better than alot of teams starting 5 lol

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 04:44 PM
And why aren't the Mavs on this list?

tangent12
07-24-2010, 04:45 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Enemey
07-24-2010, 04:48 PM
The Suns from last year, when they come in they change the game

sep11ie
07-24-2010, 04:51 PM
You know nothing about basketball if you don't even mention the Rockets.

heimdog8
07-24-2010, 05:03 PM

Matt barnes started almost every game for one of the best teams in the league last year. He's a winner and plays great defense. Plus his skill set is something the lakers were lacking last year so it will definitely help them a lot. And you are an idiot to say haslem is better than odom. No one but you thinks that lol. Odom had 4 straight games last year with over 18 rebounds. Hes the most versatile big man in the league. Ilgauskas is done...he will be hurt before he even does anything. And blake has been top in the league in assist/turnover ratio as well. And blake gets way more assists than arroyo. plus blake shoots 40% from 3 while arroyo is only 31% for his career. Plus blake does the little things. He has gotten a few triple doubles.

And the last thing your leaving out is that the lakers rookies are going to be really good. ebanks and caracter are going to make a huge difference

heimdog8
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM

arroyo is not a better ball handler than blake...hell no. blake is one of the smartest point guards in the nba. He doesnt make many mistakes and he does everything the team needs. The lakers needed a good 3 point threat. So blake brings way more value to the lakers than arroyo does to the heat. Arroyo is useless cuz the heat dont need him to drive to the basket and handle the ball. The only ones touching the ball is gonna be the big 3. If arroyo cant shoot the 3 hes pretty much useless to the heat

_KB24_
07-24-2010, 05:49 PM
1. Magic
2. Suns
3. Lakers

These 3 can easily change at any point. I would have put the Lakers at 2, but the Suns bench is easily the most explosive in the league and we have to count that. The Laker bench is arguably the best defensive bench as well now.

oOo Rhino oOo
07-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Okc

oOo Rhino oOo
07-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Ibaka, sefo, maynor, mullens

Rndy
07-24-2010, 07:20 PM
PG-CJ Watson
SG-Kyle Kover/maybe Tracy McGrady
SF-James Hohnson
PF-Taj Gibson
C- Kurt thomas/Asik

Da Bulls Bit***

Stupid **** like this gives us Bulls fans a bad name. Not only do you not know how to spell your own teams names. But you are a Homer. Bulls don't have the best bench. But it has potential.

Pg Watson
Sg ?
Sf Korver/James Johnson
Pf Taj
C Thomas/ Asik

Lake_Show2416
07-24-2010, 07:37 PM
The Suns have the best bench BY FAR. Idk what the hell you guys are smoking thinking anyone else is better.

agreed, they have solid players through their whole roster

honorable mention (2nd best): Dallas, they always get a bunch of good role players

Lakers are up there (MAYBE top 5) but not the best and the Heat isnt even close with only 2 guaranteed solid bench players (Haslem n Miller)

MiamiWadeCounty
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM
:facepalm:
ebanks and caracter are going to make a huge difference:facepalm:
i agree as a heat fan that odom is a better and more skilled player than UD and i saw that when odom played in miami, but ebanks and caracter arent going to do crap. i think they are both good players and caracter was a late steal that could be great in the future but dont include them as major factors coming off the bench. C'MON MAN:D

BKNets21
07-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I'd give it to the Spurs...

George Hill, Manu Ginobili, DeJuan Blair and Tiago Splitter coming in off the bench is sick.

bbcmillionaire
07-25-2010, 12:19 AM

Compared to the other teams benches it is, no hate though

last stand
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM
lakers

they replaced their garbage

DJ mbenga, luke, farmar

with legitimately good NBA players in

ratliff, barnes, and blake

add that to lamar odom and probably a resigned shannon brown and easily the lakers have the best bench

last stand
07-25-2010, 12:22 AM
only teams with benches as good as LA are

san antonio and denver

denver with anderson, harrington, smith, and lawson

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 12:24 AM
And this is why no one takes Heat fans seriously.

Coming from a Bulls fan..

I have to admit, Miami has a bunch of idiotic fans. Mostly bandwagon fans, but many other NBA fans aren't that bright either.

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 12:26 AM

Bro.. You seriously are making all of us look bad. Just stop!

CaptainStu5
07-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Rockets have the best bench.

Lowry
Budinger/ JT
Battier
Patterson/Hill
Miller/ Hayes/ Anderson

XJW18
07-25-2010, 12:30 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ezekial
07-25-2010, 12:35 AM

Key words, brah.

abe_froman
07-25-2010, 12:36 AM
lakers or houston probably

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 12:37 AM
dnewguy has been owned throughout this whole thread. lol

He isn't a real Heat fan, though. Just a bandwagon fan..

kozelkid
07-25-2010, 12:38 AM
dnewguy has been owned throughout this whole thread. lol

He isn't a real Heat fan, though. Just a bandwagon fan..

Ya, we all have our share of dnewguys unfortunately.
Especially as a Bulls fan, having to witness all those D Rose threads not long ago...
Anyways, I gotta say the teams with the best benches have to be Portland and LA, and possibly Houston.

masalex1205
07-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Lakers. The heat bench sucks

PHXfan09
07-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Best prolly the mavs, but bein a homer im likin the suns bench alot

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Compared to the other teams benches it is, no hate though

Can someone actually explain?

I keep reading all these posts how the Heat's bench is horrible, but nobody says why..

Miami has a SOLID bench. Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller are two quality role players. They both compliment the big three in a variety of ways.

When Udonis was moved to the bench, in favor of Beasley, he lead the league in double-doubles off the bench. He can help spread the floor with his mid-range jumper that seems to be automatic. Haslem is a good defender and does all the dirty work. He's the best blue collar player in the NBA, in my opinion.

Mike Miller helps spread the floor with his 3pt shooting. He shot 48% from beyond the arc. Miller still brings more to the table than shooting. The former rookie of the year, can create his own shot. Using his size to get to the rim and can also a solid rebounder, averaging over 6 boards a game. Solid defensively as well.

Big Z brings much needed size and length to this squad. He can also draw out big bodies like Howard with his mid-range game. Allowing any of the big 3 to attack the basket.

Carlos Arroyo is one of the best in taking care of the ball. He won't give away possesions. Carlos can create his own shot, with a 16-18 foot pull up jumper, while Wade or James is resting.

That's a solid bench, but after those guys we're f***ed. :)

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Phoenix and Portland have the best benches.. no doubt

1.Suns
2.Blazers
3.Bucks
4/5. Mavs & Rockets

Many people are overrating the Lakers bench. I have loved the moves they have made this offseason, but they need another piece before you can consider that unit better than Phoenix.

Blake
Sasha
Barnes
Odom
Ratliff

That's solid. Resign Brown and then were talking about a top 3 second unit.

Lakersho
07-25-2010, 02:09 AM

He's a terrific rebounder. You could make a case that he's one of the best when it comes to grabbing offensive boards. He can spread the floor with his mid-range game. Isn't afraid to bang down low, he'll take any challenge. Good defender and will give it his all on every play like it's his last. Very unselfish player, he came off the bench to allow Beasley to start and took a major pay cut this offseason. Even when he was moved to the bench, he still produced by leading the league in double-doubles off the bench. He has been clutch as well, coming through at the end of games when he is called upon.

...both are real good at thier pos. you shouldn't have to explain but, dnewguy and his stupid shite got all that goin. we all have a dnewguy so dont feel bad, he's just such a pain in the arse he gets the bashing started...

Phoenix and Portland have the best benches.. no doubt

1.Suns
2.Blazers
3.Bucks
4/5. Mavs & Rockets

Many people are overrating the Lakers bench. I have loved the moves they have made this offseason, but they need another piece before you can consider that unit better than Phoenix.

Blake
Sasha
Barnes
Odom
Ratliff

That's solid. Resign Brown and then were talking about a top 3 second unit.
... suns is my vote , they can change a game with thier tempo. and dragic is underrated he's a pain in the arse , he's quick and can finish either at the rim, or play off him and he'll hit the 3 ball. i appreciate all the laker love and all but, our bench hasn't played a game yet so . to put them at 1. 2. 3. is kinda ridicuous to me. ya they look good on paper but come on . rockets look good on paper and so does orlando. my point is ,maybe around allstar break we can have this thread and have some facts to really see ? kinda early...

MacFitz92
07-25-2010, 02:26 AM
You forgot Dallas?

JJ Barea
Jason Terry
Shawn Marion
Tim Thomas
Tyson Chandler

ldc62
07-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Rockets have a good bench as well. Chuck Hayes, Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza, Patrick Patterson

Raven19
07-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Rockets have a good bench as well. Chuck Hayes, Kyle Lowry, Trevor Ariza, Patrick Patterson

thought ariza was a starter?

robdizzle3
07-25-2010, 03:31 AM
It's either LA, Dal or Other. I picked LA, but forgot about Dallas' bench. It may be a toss up there. As much as I hate to say it, Miami's bench isnt that bad, but isnt top 5.

robdizzle3
07-25-2010, 03:32 AM
And Fisher will start

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 03:33 AM
Leaving the Rockets off that poll is like asking whos the biggest dude in the NBA and leaving Shaq out

SchyGuy11
07-25-2010, 03:51 AM

you are dumb

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 03:54 AM
And didn't Lowry leave the Rockets???

I'm suprised to not hear more Celtics talk... They did lose Tony Allen but still..

Nate Robinson, Marquis Daniels, Jermaine O'Neal (when Perkins gets back), Avery Bradley, Glen Davis

bbcmillionaire
07-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Can someone actually explain?

I keep reading all these posts how the Heat's bench is horrible, but nobody says why..

Miami has a SOLID bench. Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller are two quality role players. They both compliment the big three in a variety of ways.

When Udonis was moved to the bench, in favor of Beasley, he lead the league in double-doubles off the bench. He can help spread the floor with his mid-range jumper that seems to be automatic. Haslem is a good defender and does all the dirty work. He's the best blue collar player in the NBA, in my opinion.

Mike Miller helps spread the floor with his 3pt shooting. He shot 48% from beyond the arc. Miller still brings more to the table than shooting. The former rookie of the year, can create his own shot. Using his size to get to the rim and can also a solid rebounder, averaging over 6 boards a game. Solid defensively as well.

Big Z brings much needed size and length to this squad. He can also draw out big bodies like Howard with his mid-range game. Allowing any of the big 3 to attack the basket.

Carlos Arroyo is one of the best in taking care of the ball. He won't give away possesions. Carlos can create his own shot, with a 16-18 foot pull up jumper, while Wade or James is resting.

That's a solid bench, but after those guys we're f***ed. :)

Well i'll give u haslem, miller, but big z and arroyo... Ehhh

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Well i'll give u haslem, miller, but big z and arroyo... Ehhh

Agreed... I mean, big Z is okay, but he might be the starter down there... Joel Anthony? Let's be real here guys. And Arroyo? Dallas has 3 better point guards, not counting Jason Terry, who's a better option as well at the point....

bbcmillionaire
07-25-2010, 04:04 AM
And I never said the heat bench was horrible, it's just average compared to everyone elses bench

naztrack
07-25-2010, 04:05 AM
i swear when ppl make these polls there half drunk, leave off the teams who has the best bench knicks blazers mavs etc.... ur naming the best starters on that poll not bench, anyway out of three i named choose one.

ajsulli1919
07-25-2010, 04:51 AM
I can think of at least 3 teams off the top of my head with a better bench than the Heat.

Lakers..Odom-possible 6th man of the year, good length almost averaged a double double off bench, Barnes-tough, defensive stud, also former starter, Blake-former starter, is good enough to start but won't this year, Ratliff-solid veteran, shot blocker, length but is old, Sasha-if he gets back to form will shoot lights out but is inconsistent, Brown(if lakers get him back)-young, athletic, high flyer.

Mavericks..Juan Barea-scrappy player, #'s will improve, being mentored by Kidd, Marion-possible 6th man of the year, we've all seen what he can do, used to average a double double, Haywood-probably one of the best backup C's in the league, Terry-former 6th man of the year, could start on virtually all other NBA teams.

Nuggets..Lawson-could average double figure pts this season, very good backup pg, Harrington-18 pts, 6 rbs starting last season, strong excellent player, Andersen-6 pts, 6 rbs, 2 blks, off the bench, Smith-bit of a headcase but 15 ppg off the bench..wow.

Compared to:

Heat..Haslem-could start on some bad teams, didnt average double figures while starting, definitely won't on the bench, decent defender, Miller-lights out shooter, Big Z-averaged 7 pts, 5 rbs last season at age 35, was slow last season, will be slower this season and won't get as many mins, no defense, Arroyo-not a dependable backup, Butler-is a 2nd round draft pick, doubt he is going to have any impact at all, not a good backup for LeBron at all.

The Heat have two players that could be considered good bench players. The 3 teams listed above all have a bench twice as good as the Heat. Not to mention the Heat have an awful starting center as of now, without length they cannot compete with L.A., Boston, Orlando, Possibly even the Bulls. Depending on how all these new players gel together on a brand new team they might not even be able to take down OKC, Denver, or Dallas.

NY-FLmagicknick
07-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Magic and Lakers...Heat not even on their level.their bench will lose whatever lead during the game the big three got.

C- Marcin Gortat
PF- Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson
SF- Mickael Peitrus or Quinton Richardson
SG- JJ Reddick
PG- Chris Duhon

Bench is versatile with a lot of players able to play multiple positions, and a BIG plus has young legs to give enery of the bench.

AddiX
07-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Magic and Lakers...Heat not even on their level.their bench will lose whatever lead during the game the big three got.

C- Marcin Gortat
PF- Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson
SF- Mickael Peitrus or Quinton Richardson
SG- JJ Reddick
PG- Chris Duhon

Bench is versatile with a lot of players able to play multiple positions, and a BIG plus has young legs to give enery of the bench.

The front court is a very nice bench, the back court is a joke.

And if I hear one more time about how well JJ played last year and how he is so well rounded now, i'll puke. JJ is garbage, and Duhon will make a fan wanna commit suicide.

geraptor
07-25-2010, 10:21 AM

what kind of a question is that ?
he didnt say the bulls bench is better

sportsjust4fun
07-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Whoever thinks Miami has a great bench is very dillusional. It's like me saying my Rams will make it into the playoffs last year...Let's compare...Odom is better than all of the has beens on the Miami's bench...Arroyo didn't get any offers...lol..Barnes can shut down Mike Miller because all he knows is shooting the ball...Ratliff/Caracter will shut down any bigs they have..Lets see, oh yes...Sasha will be raining threes all day..At the end of the day, i really can't envision Wade, Bosh, and Lebron playing over 40 minutes per game?? Especially for the entire regular season and then the playofffs?? Lastly, as much as i would love to see Miami versus the Lakers, i don't see it happening...Boston will easily manhandle Miami in the playoffs...Miami does not have the depth needed to go far this year...Maybe 4 years from now they'll have a shot of winning a championship?? That's when Kobe retires!! LMFAO!!

Brooklyn Mets
07-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Nuggets bench looks solid this year

swinjas
07-25-2010, 10:41 AM

yea, in ther previous life , miami bench sucks ...

CrakAddict
07-25-2010, 10:45 AM
The Heat bench wont have to do much work after lebron/wade/bosh lead the heat to an early 30 point lead. The rest of the NBA is fearing Miami.

midwestmadman
07-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Oh wait you're a Heat fan, explains even more.

midwestmadman
07-25-2010, 10:49 AM
:mad: Miami:mad: Eurotrash:mad:

nuggetsyankees
07-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Brendan Haywood isn't the back-up...it's Tyson Chandler

nuggetsyankees
07-25-2010, 10:57 AM
and a team's bench isn't all on together...just throwing it out there...they usually play with the key players so there's bound to be a void in the positions taken by the star players

RedSoxFan2434
07-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Lakers bench?????

The celtics schooled ther bench last year

odom is overrated, vujacic sux, farmar gone, blake solid, and walton how is that the best bench that's ridiculous

celtics hav nate, big baby, oneal, sheed or shaq depending if sheed stays, marquis daniels is back, and they r looking at a battier to fill in for tony allen that's easily better

also i lik the spurs, dallas, orlando, and hawks

RedSoxFan2434
07-25-2010, 11:01 AM
and as for the heat bench they have miller lol thats not a bench

but they really don't need one lol

CALIABQLKRS
07-25-2010, 11:09 AM

If arroyo is that good, then why isnt he starting??? Lol and haslem better than odom?? Are u freakin kiddin me.. just do us all a favor and just stop posting forever. And matt barnes was wanted from alot of teams.. james jones had one option

wmudford
07-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Odom over Haslem ALLDAY.. Stats don't lie.. Career wise Odom averages more points,rebounds,steals and assists and Odoms been coming off the bench the last 2 years.. Plus Odom can play all 5 postions if need be..
LOL..

Get Real..

Apparently they do.. at least thats the argument laker fans make when comparing lebron and kobe

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Miami has a great bench...what are you people talking about?? Most of our bench were guys watned by other teams... Haslem and Miller both are starter guys taking a lesser role to come off the bench. Teams were offering both of them full MLE. Chalmers is nothing special, but he is a good backup G, the kid can get hot from the 3 at any second. Juwon Howard played a huge role for the trail blazers last season, and did a great job for them. Big Z is still 7'3", and he can hit the J. Magloire has his elbows, Miami has a good bench.

wmudford
07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
You know it's funny. Pheonix's bench basically carried the team to the WCF and they upgraded 2 positions in the offseason, and they arent' in this poll? That's okay, underestimate us again

erik7
07-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Bulls bench is terrible lol....lets get real

sep11ie
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Lowry/Buddinger/Battier/Hill/Patterson/Miller/Taylor/Hayes. Thats bench beasts!

SouthEast DC
07-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Where are the Mavs and Now The SUNS!!!! The Suns have a line up that i cant beleave. I dont even know who's goping to start for them now. They have Josh, J-Rick, Turk, Warrick, Fry, and Hill.

RedSoxFan2434
07-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Lowry/Buddinger/Battier/Hill/Patterson/Miller/Taylor/Hayes. Thats bench beasts!

lol not really

RedSoxFan2434
07-25-2010, 03:25 PM
You know it's funny. Pheonix's bench basically carried the team to the WCF and they upgraded 2 positions in the offseason, and they arent' in this poll? That's okay, underestimate us again

Dragic looks ill he's good especially as a backup

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
and a team's bench isn't all on together...just throwing it out there...they usually play with the key players so there's bound to be a void in the positions taken by the star players

:speechless: (He just said it all...)

HabsFan87
07-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Honestly, the Heat are not better than the Lakers. Look at the matchups: Dwade vs Kobe, Kobe wins that by a little bit. Bosh vs and Gasol, PLEASE Gasol has proven to be a top notch player and can easily destroy bosh...! Then its Lebron Vs Artest and Barnes, two of the best defensive specialists in the league, AND Odom, who is a very solid player. Then you have the PG Position, Arroyo and Chalmers Vs Fisher and Blake, LA wins that forsure. Then at Centre you have Magloire, Anthony and Ilgauskas vs Bynum and Ratliff, This is probably the most even matchup. As you can see LA is DEFINATLY the better team. No one even compares to the Lakers so leave it at that. GO LAKERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

STAT32
07-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Wow, I appreciate all the recognition by some of the posters in here who said the Suns. To exclude the Suns from a poll like this is proof that the OP did not watch the Suns in the Playoffs.

Dragic/Childress/Dudley/Warrick/Frye

Our second unit minus J-Chill and Warrick and plus Barbosa and Amundson literally brought our team back against opposing starters on several occasions. They would torch opposing benches to a point where the other coach would be forced to shift his rotations up just so that his starters could sub-in early in order to stop the Suns bench.

Say what you will, but those who watched the Suns bench play last year understand its ability, and not to mention we upgraded that bench.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow, I appreciate all the recognition by some of the posters in here who said the Suns. To exclude the Suns from a poll like this is proof that the OP did not watch the Suns in the Playoffs.

Dragic/Childress/Dudley/Warrick/Frye

Our second unit minus J-Chill and Warrick and plus Barbosa and Amundson literally brought our team back against opposing starters on several occasions. They would torch opposing benches to a point where the other coach would be forced to shift his rotations up just so that his starters could sub-in early in order to stop the Suns bench.

Say what you will, but those who watched the Suns bench play last year understand its ability, and not to mention we upgraded that bench.

Agreed... The Suns and Mavs have the best 2 benches in the NBA in my opinion. They are the clear cut above the rest of the teams. I think the second tier of benches then includes the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets type of teams...

STAT32
07-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Pretty much yea, Portland and the Lakers may or may not end up with excellent benches. If Portland can stay healthy and if Matt Barnes can stay consistent.

iFYouSeekAmy
07-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Suns.

Hoopsadvocate
07-25-2010, 04:02 PM
If arroyo is that good, then why isnt he starting??? Lol and haslem better than odom?? Are u freakin kiddin me.. just do us all a favor and just stop posting forever. And matt barnes was wanted from alot of teams.. james jones had one option

He did start for us this past season u imbecile. And james jones was being courted by the spurs as well learn wtf ur talking about first please.

OA SLAY
07-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Dooling-
Redd/CDR-
Maggette-L.Sanders-
Gooden... is nice

Hoopsadvocate
07-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Honestly, the Heat are not better than the Lakers. Look at the matchups: Dwade vs Kobe, Kobe wins that by a little bit. Bosh vs and Gasol, PLEASE Gasol has proven to be a top notch player and can easily destroy bosh...! Then its Lebron Vs Artest and Barnes, two of the best defensive specialists in the league, AND Odom, who is a very solid player. Then you have the PG Position, Arroyo and Chalmers Vs Fisher and Blake, LA wins that forsure. Then at Centre you have Magloire, Anthony and Ilgauskas vs Bynum and Ratliff, This is probably the most even matchup. As you can see LA is DEFINATLY the better team. No one even compares to the Lakers so leave it at that. GO LAKERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

completely wrong.

Wade and kobe matchup is the closest one but eveytime they play against one another nobody really stops the other they both have great performances they just neutralize each other on the scoreboard.

Ill give you gasol has shown to be better than bosh but doesnt mean he will destroy him not at all he may win the matchup as of now but it wont be a huge landslide. And barnes and artest are great defenders but none of them have stoped Lebron in the past what makes u think they will do it now?? If anything this is the HEATS greatest advantage we win this one by a landslide. Arroyo/Chalmers vs Fisher/Blake is pretty close ill give it to d fish in end game experience but thats it blake is ok but not leaps and bounds ahead of chalmers who is young and getting better (but i agree lakers do win this matchup but not by much). Bynum/Ratliff vs Big z/ Joel/ Howard is up in the air if bynums healthy (and thats a big IF) you guys should win that easy. Then comes our 6th men Miller/Haslem vs Odom/?? Sasha? odom and haslem have similar production in pts and reb (even though odom is a better playmaker) and Miller>> sasha overall in everything (shooting,playmaking, rebounds, defense) so its another close one but ill give it to the HEAT by a hair mainly due to miller adding in playmaking/defense/verstatility cause haslem loses to LO in that.

So its pretty damn close overall Lebron gives us the biggest advantage. Out of all the matchups (and some are very close).

Diggy_2
07-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Bulls bench is terrible lol....lets get real

Wow Bulls bench is terrible???? come on dude

C.J Watson
Kyle Korver
J.J and potentially T-Mac
Taj Gibson and Kurt Thomas
Omer Asik

come on our bench is good probably not the best in the NBA but its Better then some of those teams you got up there

OA SLAY
07-25-2010, 04:14 PM
and of course TD/Azabukie-Walker/Chandler/Randolph/Jordan

mikealike305
07-25-2010, 04:17 PM
don't think heat have the best bench but is alot better than most of u guys thoght it would be

Diggy_2
07-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Honestly I Say LA, Dallas, And Portland Have The Best Bench In The NBA

GoldenArmor24
07-25-2010, 04:24 PM
completely wrong.

Wade and kobe matchup is the closest one but eveytime they play against one another nobody really stops the other they both have great performances they just neutralize each other on the scoreboard.

Ill give you gasol has shown to be better than bosh but doesnt mean he will destroy him not at all he may win the matchup as of now but it wont be a huge landslide. And barnes and artest are great defenders but none of them have stoped Lebron in the past what makes u think they will do it now?? If anything this is the HEATS greatest advantage we win this one by a landslide. Arroyo/Chalmers vs Fisher/Blake is pretty close ill give it to d fish in end game experience but thats it blake is ok but not leaps and bounds ahead of chalmers who is young and getting better (but i agree lakers do win this matchup but not by much). Bynum/Ratliff vs Big z/ Joel/ Howard is up in the air if bynums healthy (and thats a big IF) you guys should win that easy. Then comes our 6th men Miller/Haslem vs Odom/?? Sasha? odom and haslem have similar production in pts and reb (even though odom is a better playmaker) and Miller>> sasha overall in everything (shooting,playmaking, rebounds, defense) so its another close one but ill give it to the HEAT by a hair mainly due to miller adding in playmaking/defense/verstatility cause haslem loses to LO in that.

So its pretty damn close overall Lebron gives us the biggest advantage. Out of all the matchups (and some are very close).

Nobody ever really stops Lebron But you can get into his head & you can slow him down, I think he proved that in the Celtics series this past year for whatever reason. I love the Lakers chances with having Artest & Barnes
(2 headcases & defensive specialest wrapped in 1.) Going against him all game long. Really I c Barnes raising Artest's game, could turn out to be a great competition between the 2.

GoldenArmor24
07-25-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm going with the Suns.
Honorable mentions
Lakers
Mavs
Blazers
Magic
The Heat bench isn't garbage and they better then what I thought it would be, but not better then those mentioned above

Lakersho
07-25-2010, 04:51 PM
completely wrong.

...It's gonna be a good battle . and ya i agree, are players pretty much cancel out each other . So whoever has a breakout game will pull off the win , so to speak. Really cant wait for the season to start... good luck to you and yours... reply to topic: [ SUNS ], have the most dangerous bench. they can put 5 to 12 points on you quick ,they're very underrated until you see'em chew a lead down, or put a lead on your team.Then your like " DAMB".

NJrockPD
07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
C.J. Watson
T-Mac
Kyle Korver/ James Johnson
Taj Gibson/ Omer Asik
Kurt Thomas/ Omer Asik

Looks good to me.

Minimal
07-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Nobody ever really stops Lebron But you can get into his head & you can slow him down, I think he proved that in the Celtics series this past year for whatever reason.
That reason is called double/triple team, the thing Celtics did whole series, the thing any team won't be able to do anymore.
I still believe Lakers have the best roster and best bench in the league.

Heater4life
07-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Honestly, the Heat are not better than the Lakers. Look at the matchups: Dwade vs Kobe, Kobe wins that by a little bitBosh vs and Gasol, PLEASE Gasol has proven to be a top notch player and can easily destroy bosh...! Then its Lebron Vs Artest and Barnes, two of the best defensive specialists in the league, AND Odom, who is a very solid player. Then you have the PG Position, Arroyo and Chalmers Vs Fisher and Blake, LA wins that forsure. Then at Centre you have Magloire, Anthony and Ilgauskas vs Bynum and Ratliff, This is probably the most even matchup. As you can see LA is DEFINATLY the better team. No one even compares to the Lakers so leave it at that. GO LAKERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Bosh: In two games against the Lakers last season Bosh went 16-35 from the field (45%), scored 40 points (20ppg), had 20 rebs (10rpg). Hardly destroyed or man-handled if you ask me.

LA_Raiders
07-25-2010, 05:20 PM
1 Dallas
2 LA
3 Denver

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't even know why the Heat's bench is even being considered a top second unit..

Miami is solid, but can't compare to the likes of Phoenix, Portland, Milwaukee, or Dallas.

TEXASTITAN
07-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Houston Rockets:

Starters:
Yao Ming C
Luis Scola PF
Shane Battier/Trevor Ariza whichever one you like more
Kevin Martin SG
Aaron Brooks PG

Bench:
Brad Miller C - one of the best passing and shooting big men in the league who has a big body and can play above average defense.

Chuck Hayes C/PF - undersized for his position but someone that I definitely would not want to guard me. Tough, hustles, but liability on the offense.

Jordan Hill - PF/C - a great talent in the making. has great athleticism at the 4. if he can bulk up, will be a beast in the near future.

Jared Jeffries/Alexander Johnson - PF - garbage but they are our garbage.

Patrick Patterson - PF - the absolute steal of the draft at number 14. he is NBA ready as of now and can get much much better, which is scary.

Trevor Ariza/Shane Battier - Ariza is more offensive and athletic while Shane is more defensive and disciplined. Personally with all the firepower in the starting lineup I much rather Shane start and Ariza provide a spark off the bench.

Chase Budinger SF/SG - 3 point specialist

Mike Harris - SF - undersized man with a nice 15 foot touch who can play 2 3 and 4. Really, really tough for a guy his size, reminds me of Pau Milsap and his teamate Chuck Hayes (only on defense, Harris is much more superior on offense)

Jermaine Taylor - SG - another promising young player that needs to learn discipline before he can be a consistent contributor. But his upside far outweights his downside.

Kyle Lowry - PG - There is a reason that Daryl Morey match his offer to keep Lowry. While I don't understand it, DM is a much, much smarter man than I and I shall trust him as long as he and I shall both live.

Pretty deep bench don't you think?

Houston has the best bench and one of the best teams in the league. And on top of that nobody outworks this team and it shows on the court they play harder than any team in the league and they have had to with no Yao or Tmac the past few years.

TEXASTITAN
07-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Nobody ever really stops Lebron But you can get into his head & you can slow him down, I think he proved that in the Celtics series this past year for whatever reason. I love the Lakers chances with having Artest & Barnes
(2 headcases & defensive specialest wrapped in 1.) Going against him all game long. Really I c Barnes raising Artest's game, could turn out to be a great competition between the 2.

I do believe Lebron had the worst game of his career against the Rockets not too long ago.

5ass
07-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Portland should atleast be mentoined

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 05:29 PM
That reason is called double/triple team, the thing Celtics did whole series, the thing any team won't be able to do anymore.
I still believe Lakers have the best roster and best bench in the league.

Really? The Lakers have the best bench? No way..

They add Barnes, Blake, Ratliff and your ready to annoint them as the best bench? Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of every move they have made, but not a top 3 unit.

Phoenix, Portland, and even Milwaukee have a more complete unit.

krest213
07-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Lakers:

PG- Fisher
SG- Sasha
SF- Matt Barnes
PF- Lamar Odom
C- Theo Ratliff
Nothing super here

Miami Heat:

PG- Arroyo
SG- Mike Miller
SF- James Jones
PF- Haslem
C- Big Z
My home town team better then LA bench IMO

Denver Nuggets:

PG- Ty Lawson
SG- Anthony Carter
SF- JR Smith
PF- Kenyon Martin
C- Chris Anderson
their bench almost look like starters

SPURS:

PG- Tony Parker/George Hill
SG- Gary Neal
SF- Matt Bonner
PF- McDyess
C- Blair
my Fav team.. bench is very solid

Celtics:

PG- Nate Robinson
SG- Marquise
SF- Tony Gaffney
PF- Big Baby
C- Perkins
they ight nothing major

Magic:

PG- Duhon
SG- Reddick
SF- Q
PF- Ryan Anderson
C- Gortat
k

Dallas:

PG- Barera
SG- Terry
SF- Stevenson
PF- Marion
C- Haywood
Dallas bench solid

its Denver, Spurs, with the best bench

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM

You mean when he had the whole team guarding him? Have you ever seen a game where lebron has not been double tripled covered?

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:37 PM
All these fans can say all they want about their benches, the facts are that Phoenix and Houstons bench are the only two benches I know that have proven that they can not only hold a lead but overcome deficits, having talent in your bench doesnt mean you have a great bench.

sportsjust4fun
07-25-2010, 05:45 PM
At the end of the day...You need to take this into consideration....Lakers bench was near the bottom, the last couple of years..Now with all of the acquisitions, they are ranked top 3-5 in the league...Please remember that the Lakers are the defending two time NBA CHAMPIONS. Don't you think that the upgrades just made them that much better?? Wow!! I wonder how easy it will be this upcoming year? If Bynum stays healthy, Kobe comes back healthy(wow!!), and the bench plays up to expectations...Here is the rankings for the best team!

Champions
- Lakers

Contenders
- Boston

Pretenders
- Orlando
- Dallas
- Oklahoma
- Denver

Wannabes
- Miami
- Phoenix
- Clippers

What you guys think?? does this seem accurate??

nanablvd
07-25-2010, 05:48 PM
I would vote Dallas first, Lakers second. Miami's bench is pretty good too in my opinion.

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2010, 05:50 PM
The poll was asking about the benches, not on how good the overall team is. As far as pretenders i think Orlando is a contender, Dallas, mmm..Its no secret by now that Dirk has proven that he will never lead a team to a ring.

clferg75
07-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Heat fans kill me!!

ajsulli1919
07-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Its funny to see that every time I read a post talking about "how good Miami's bench is," I see a D.Wade, Bosh, LeBron sig right under it. Not one person who isn't a fan of Miami believes that Miami has a good bench lol. Haslem and Miller is not a bench on its own. Just like Dwade, Bosh, and LeBron is not a starting lineup on its own. Who else is going to do anything besides those five players? The only guy with a shot is Chalmers....The rest of the team is a joke and everyone knows it except Miami fans who want to be "superfriends" with the already acclaimed "superfriends." I have never seen fans jump on the bandwagon so fast and ever since its happened all the Miami fans will not get off LeBron's pole. Guess they are in the right city for it though.

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Its funny to see that every time I read a post talking about "how good Miami's bench is," I see a D.Wade, Bosh, LeBron sig right under it. Not one person who isn't a fan of Miami believes that Miami has a good bench lol. Haslem and Miller is not a bench on its own. Just like Dwade, Bosh, and LeBron is not a starting lineup on its own. Who else is going to do anything besides those five players? The only guy with a shot is Chalmers....The rest of the team is a joke and everyone knows it except Miami fans who want to be "superfriends" with the already acclaimed "superfriends." I have never seen fans jump on the bandwagon so fast and ever since its happened all the Miami fans will not get off LeBron's pole. Guess they are in the right city for it though.

Right on Bro:clap:

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 08:49 PM

The rest of the team is a joke? Most teams only use a rotation of 8-9 players.
After the big 3, Miami has Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, Big Z, Joel Anthony, and Mario Chalmers. That's already 8..

Yeah know what your talking about, before you say the rest of Miami's roster is a joke.

faridk89
07-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Pistons will have a very deep bench this year

Ben Gordon
Charlie Villanueva
Jason Maxiell
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye

Our expected starters are

Rodney Stuckey
Richard Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Greg Monroe
Ben Wallace

Pistons led the league in injuries last year. I don't think they will be as bad as people think this year.

only problem is the bench makes more money then your starters...

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 09:08 PM

:laugh:

redzone11
07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't understand the people who add: Haslem/Chalmers/Miller to the Heat bench... LeBron, Wade, Bosh doesn't = 5 people, I counted 3, 1+1+1=3. That means two other people on your team will be starting, so (Haslem and Miller probably) won't be on your bench... I will never understand this logic.

Anyways, to answer the question, Milwaukee and Pheonix have the best benches.

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't understand the people who add: Haslem/Chalmers/Miller to the Heat bench... LeBron, Wade, Bosh doesn't = 5 people, I counted 3, 1+1+1=3. That means two other people on your team will be starting, so (Haslem and Miller probably) won't be on your bench... I will never understand this logic.

whas the problem?

chalmers/ Arroyo
wade/ Miller
bron/ Jones
bosh/ Haslem
anthony/ Big Z

XxigglesphanxX
07-25-2010, 09:32 PM
im a heat fan and i cant believe we got put on there, we are not deep at all. probably the suns, bucs, and pistons have the best benchs out there. sorry if i missed a few

LJEATON26
07-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Thunders bench is young but good.

Maynor
Harden
Mo Pete
Collison
Ibaka

Avenged
07-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Miami has a decent bench, not close to the best, but not as bad as we all expected. They have Miller, Haslem, and Z off the bench which is alright heading into the playoffs.

The Lakers pretty much won with a 6 man rotation, since Farmar and Brown weren't really factors.

It really depends on how well their starting 5 does.

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 09:39 PM

Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers will be starting..

So yes, Miller and Haslem will be coming off the bench.

J_M_B
07-25-2010, 09:41 PM

:laugh2:

Yeah, a lot of money tied up between Charlie and Ben.

redzone11
07-25-2010, 09:42 PM
whas the problem?

chalmers/ Arroyo
wade/ Miller
bron/ Jones
bosh/ Haslem
anthony/ Big Z

See that makes sense, 5 starters, just many Heat fans new to PSD add every single player on the team to the bench.

The Heat have a solid bench just not in the discussion for tops in the league.

ziglur
07-25-2010, 10:23 PM

Storch, The question was , who had the best bench. This has nothing to do with Wade, Bosh and James. The question wasnt who do you think has the advantage having 3 franchise players. Read the thread next time.

justinnum1
07-25-2010, 10:35 PM
See that makes sense, 5 starters, just many Heat fans new to PSD add every single player on the team to the bench.

The Heat have a solid bench just not in the discussion for tops in the league.

Definitely not the best, but certainly serviceable...especially considering one of the big 3 will be in the floor at all times.

show34
07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
imma say suns also dallas and okc denver boston atlanta pretty good

Hoopsadvocate
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM

Maybe you should do a little more research on a team before making such dumb assumptions. We mention Wade/Lebron/Bosh because they are the 3 most important startes the other two will likely be Joel anthony and Chalmers. Same reasoning when we mention Miller/haslem as the bench because they are the two most important ones on it but since u obviously dont know **** and just like to talk out your *** we also have Big Z, Carlos Arroyo (who was our starter last year and had the second best ***/turnover ratio in the league). And just so you know its rare to have your entire bench out at once without any starter especially a team with 3 superstars do u honestly think there will be a minute in the game where one out of wade/lebron/bosh wont be in playing with the bench?? if you do your dumber than ur post suggests. Good day...

...It's gonna be a good battle . and ya i agree, are players pretty much cancel out each other . So whoever has a breakout game will pull off the win , so to speak. Really cant wait for the season to start... good luck to you and yours... reply to topic: [ SUNS ], have the most dangerous bench. they can put 5 to 12 points on you quick ,they're very underrated until you see'em chew a lead down, or put a lead on your team.Then your like " DAMB".

Its good to know there are some sensible laker fans out there, and i agree to an extent its pretty close nobody has a huge advantage besides maybe the sf position in favor of miami but agree to disagree good luck to you as well.

HT9Canada
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
suns, magic and blazers top 3. no way bucks have a top 3.

but the fact is the suns have great offense on their unit. because they are an offensive team.
bucks have a great defense. because thats what they do.

on paper magic and blazers.. maybe thunder have the most talent and potential. it really depends on how u look at a bench and what a team needs it for.

celticsfan336
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Come season time, celtics bench will be excellant, especially when Perk is back. And If we get someone with Sheed's contract and the vet Min
Suns bench as well.

celticsfan336
07-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Also, I hate the Lakers but this is me being completely unbiased, I dont see how the lakers have the best bench.

nuggetsyankees
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM
No love for the Nuggets?

Lawson
Smith
Graham(if he resigns)
Harrington
Birdman

ajsulli1919
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Funny, the two guys bashing my post have the same sig pretty much of Wade, Bosh, and LeBron. You're guys opinions are so biased its ridiculous. Tell me this you two. Let's say the Lakers play the Heat since that will be the finals people will be hoping for. Just this last finals when the Lakers won, they did so with their frontcourt and their depth in the frontcourt, this was a widely known fact. With Bynum and Pau both being 7 feet tall, thats a tough cover. Then Odom came off the bench at 6'10 and they've recently added Ratliff. At the start of a game when the Lakers play the Heat, it looks like 6'10 Joel Anthony will take Bynum-big disadvantage there. Bosh will take Gasol-another disadvantage on the defensive end. LeBron will take Artest which won't really matter as Artest is like the 4th option even when the Lakers play a team with an above average frontcourt. Wade would be on Kobe and we all know good offense beats good defense. Then Chalmers on Fisher which is basically a wash. Then the Lakers have Odom coming off the bench and I really don't know who the Heat would put on him, he's too versatile.

To look at the other side of the question, who from the Lakers will guard the Heat? Obviously, you have your big 3 so who from the Lakers is going to guard them?

PG-Chalmers/Arroyo. Neither of these players are that great. I would imagine the Lakers PG's-Fisher/Blake----We'll call this a wash on the defensive end but any sane person would give the Lakers PG's an overall advantage.

SG-Wade/Miller. Kobe is a several time 1st team all-nba defender, Wade is still amazing though. Miller is a lights out shooter but is used to starters minutes, I wonder how he will accept such a diminished roll. Vujacic is a poor man's Miller but a hustle, scrappy, quick defender if you've ever seen him play. Wade will get his points but I think the Lakers have another advantage here on the defensive end. Vujacic is a better defender than Miller also.

SF-LeBron/Desean Butler-a 2nd round draft pick. On defense the Lakers have 2 excellent defenders to throw at him in Artest and Barnes which will give him fits, he'll still get most of him numbers but you'd be lying if you said these two can't help slow him down. I'm not even going to comment on Butler. I'll give the advantage to the Heat but just because its LeBron.

PF-Bosh/Haslem-I think they have the most depth at this position but if they had to play the Lakers they'd be matched up against Gasol and Odom. Gasol and Odom both have the height advantage, more experience, and are just better players when you compare Bosh to Gasol-Gasol wins, Haslem to Odom-Odom wins. If anyone doesn't agree with that I'd really like to hear your reasoning as to why Bosh and Haslem are better than Gasol and Odom. Advantage-Lakers

C-Joel Anthony/Big Z/Jamaal Magloire. Joel Anthony is going to have so many problems with Bynum and the height advantage Bynum possesses is not going to help Joel at all. I believe this is his second year and he is going to get killed throughout the season by the likes of Bynum, D.Howard, B.Lopez, Bogut, Kaman, Yao,(if he's back this year) M.Gasol, etc. Big Z....I really don't think he has anything left in the tank. The only thing I think he can maybe do is hit the midrange shot now. I think Ratliff would tear him apart even though they are about the same age just because of his tenacity alone. Big Z is just too soft, old, and fragile right now. Magloire is the best center I think you guys have and even then he's still not that good at all. Advantage-Lakers

I could do this for a few more teams who I KNOW have better benches than Miami but I'm not staying up all night, just trying to make a point. Look at the matchups between the Heat and Lakers on both sides of the ball. Boston is one of the only teams that provides a great match-up for the Lakers with Perkins, Garnett, Glen Davis, and Jermaine O'Neal. I don't like the Celtics but they still have a very legitimate shot of taking down the Heat. The Heat simply don't have the frontcourt to handle either team.

When you Heat fans mention your bench I always see Big Z near the top, your in big trouble if your waiting for him or any of your centers to come through and contribute, its just not going to happen. Your team is built almost entirely on offense, there's no balance and your not winning the title without balance, sorry.

Hoopsadvocate
07-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Funny, the two guys bashing my post have the same sig pretty much of Wade, Bosh, and LeBron. You're guys opinions are so biased its ridiculous. Tell me this you two. Let's say the Lakers play the Heat since that will be the finals people will be hoping for. Just this last finals when the Lakers won, they did so with their frontcourt and their depth in the frontcourt, this was a widely known fact. With Bynum and Pau both being 7 feet tall, thats a tough cover. Then Odom came off the bench at 6'10 and they've recently added Ratliff. At the start of a game when the Lakers play the Heat, it looks like 6'10 Joel Anthony will take Bynum-big disadvantage there. Bosh will take Gasol-another disadvantage on the defensive end. LeBron will take Artest which won't really matter as Artest is like the 4th option even when the Lakers play a team with an above average frontcourt. Wade would be on Kobe and we all know good offense beats good defense. Then Chalmers on Fisher which is basically a wash. Then the Lakers have Odom coming off the bench and I really don't know who the Heat would put on him, he's too versatile.

To look at the other side of the question, who from the Lakers will guard the Heat? Obviously, you have your big 3 so who from the Lakers is going to guard them?

PG-Chalmers/Arroyo. Neither of these players are that great. I would imagine the Lakers PG's-Fisher/Blake----We'll call this a wash on the defensive end but any sane person would give the Lakers PG's an overall advantage.

SG-Wade/Miller. Kobe is a several time 1st team all-nba defender, Wade is still amazing though. Miller is a lights out shooter but is used to starters minutes, I wonder how he will accept such a diminished roll. Vujacic is a poor man's Miller but a hustle, scrappy, quick defender if you've ever seen him play. Wade will get his points but I think the Lakers have another advantage here on the defensive end. Vujacic is a better defender than Miller also.

SF-LeBron/Desean Butler-a 2nd round draft pick. On defense the Lakers have 2 excellent defenders to throw at him in Artest and Barnes which will give him fits, he'll still get most of him numbers but you'd be lying if you said these two can't help slow him down. I'm not even going to comment on Butler. I'll give the advantage to the Heat but just because its LeBron.

PF-Bosh/Haslem-I think they have the most depth at this position but if they had to play the Lakers they'd be matched up against Gasol and Odom. Gasol and Odom both have the height advantage, more experience, and are just better players when you compare Bosh to Gasol-Gasol wins, Haslem to Odom-Odom wins. If anyone doesn't agree with that I'd really like to hear your reasoning as to why Bosh and Haslem are better than Gasol and Odom. Advantage-Lakers

C-Joel Anthony/Big Z/Jamaal Magloire. Joel Anthony is going to have so many problems with Bynum and the height advantage Bynum possesses is not going to help Joel at all. I believe this is his second year and he is going to get killed throughout the season by the likes of Bynum, D.Howard, B.Lopez, Bogut, Kaman, Yao,(if he's back this year) M.Gasol, etc. Big Z....I really don't think he has anything left in the tank. The only thing I think he can maybe do is hit the midrange shot now. I think Ratliff would tear him apart even though they are about the same age just because of his tenacity alone. Big Z is just too soft, old, and fragile right now. Magloire is the best center I think you guys have and even then he's still not that good at all. Advantage-Lakers

I could do this for a few more teams who I KNOW have better benches than Miami but I'm not staying up all night, just trying to make a point. Look at the matchups between the Heat and Lakers on both sides of the ball. Boston is one of the only teams that provides a great match-up for the Lakers with Perkins, Garnett, Glen Davis, and Jermaine O'Neal. I don't like the Celtics but they still have a very legitimate shot of taking down the Heat. The Heat simply don't have the frontcourt to handle either team.

When you Heat fans mention your bench I always see Big Z near the top, your in big trouble if your waiting for him or any of your centers to come through and contribute, its just not going to happen. Your team is built almost entirely on offense, there's no balance and your not winning the title without balance, sorry.

I stopped reading after that first paragraph. You make it seem bosh vs gasol is a huge disadvantage (its not though i admit gasol has an edge) yet when its Lebron vs Artest u say it doesnt matter?? LMAO and were biased OKAY!!! LMAO your posts are a joke.

ajsulli1919
07-25-2010, 11:14 PM
im a heat fan and i cant believe we got put on there, we are not deep at all. probably the suns, bucs, and pistons have the best benchs out there. sorry if i missed a few

Wow, a level headed Heat fan with some decent common sense. Who do you believe has the top 3 benches this upcoming year? I had almost given up on all Heat fans but you saved their name for now. Let me guess, you were probably a Heat fan before they got LeBron right?

Edit: sorry didn't see you wrote the suns, bucks, and pistons.....read what you wrote and guess I was just so amazed that your not jumping around with glee like the rest of the Heat fans and didn't catch that part.

Avenged
07-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Also, I hate the Lakers but this is me being completely unbiased, I dont see how the lakers have the best bench.

They don't.

jay87shot
07-25-2010, 11:27 PM
How bout the bucks

Redd, CDR, Mbah a Moute, Illasova, Sanders, Brockman, Dooling

Put that with an extremely solid starting 5, no superstar is the only reason they aren't being talked about.

ajsulli1919
07-25-2010, 11:28 PM
I stopped reading after that first paragraph. You make it seem bosh vs gasol is a huge disadvantage (its not though i admit gasol has an edge) yet when its Lebron vs Artest u say it doesnt matter?? LMAO and were biased OKAY!!! LMAO your posts are a joke.

If you would of read a little more carefully I said Artest is the 4th option so what is LeBron's defense going to do to that team at all? I was talking about the DEFENSIVE END you moron, if you read a little further you will read that I give the combo of LeBron/Desean Butler the ADVANTAGE over Artest/Barnes when we are talking about LeBron on OFFENSE. Pay more attention and actually read the post before you reply you arrogant prick.

Ollie Tabooger
07-25-2010, 11:28 PM
1. Suns
2. Magic
3. Bucks
4. Lakers
5. Mavs

Ollie Tabooger
07-25-2010, 11:29 PM
How bout the bucks

Redd, CDR, Mbah a Moute, Illasova, Sanders, Brockman, Dooling

Put that with an extremely solid starting 5, no superstar is the only reason they aren't being talked about.

Redd will never be on the court with a Bucks jersey again.

sunnydayin'zona
07-25-2010, 11:30 PM
i cant believe the suns arent even in the poll, it seems like everybody here agrees they have a good bench.

ajsulli1919
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Also, I'm not saying the Lakers have the BEST bench just a top 5 one for sure. If I had to pick the team with the best bench I'd go with Dallas. I'm not just picking my favorite team and saying they have the best bench and then arguing in circles with everyone which is exactly what you are doing you bandwagon freak.

unwantedplayer
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Lakers:

Celtics:

PG- Nate Robinson
SG- Avery Bradley
SF- Daniels
PF- Big Baby
C- Jermaine O'Neal

fixed

Although Perk is hurt, O'Neal is the first center off the bench (That is after Perk comes back.)

cowboyz180
07-25-2010, 11:35 PM
other- mavericks!!

Hoopsadvocate
07-25-2010, 11:37 PM
If you would of read a little more carefully I said Artest is the 4th option so what is LeBron's defense going to do to that team at all? I was talking about the DEFENSIVE END you moron, if you read a little further you will read that I give the combo of LeBron/Desean Butler the ADVANTAGE over Artest/Barnes when we are talking about LeBron on OFFENSE. Pay more attention and actually read the post before you reply you arrogant prick.

I did read after that ur post is still ignorant for being retardedly bias. You make a big deal about bynum (who avgs less points than artest in the playoffs so he shouldnt even matter then either huh??? but u made it seem like a big thing compared to the Lebron matchup which u basically threw out the window) then u made gasol seem like hed also have a big advantage like bosh is so much smaller and a horrible defender, guess what hes not he may not be as good as Pau but hes close and it wont be much of a difference. Kobe on wade also wont be a huge difference but Lebron and artest is the only lopsided one. Your obviously making mountains out of the Lakers advantages and ant hills out of the HEATs to suit your argument. Hence your a joke.

lakers4sho
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Redd will never be on the court again.

fixed.

kblo247
07-25-2010, 11:39 PM
They don't.

Correct.

LA won't have the best bench, but they will have one of the best second units since Phil tends to shuffle Kobe or Artest and Bynum or Pau with three subs, which will be Blake, Barnes, and Odom. Sasha and Theo will be utility guys.

The best bench as in all reserves that will play together at a time belongs to the Suns since they will trot out 5 reserves together as a unit. They will be there just like last year once they gel. There isn't another team that can flat out use that approach and be as successful because they will have to keep a starter out there.

mmaxwelljr
07-25-2010, 11:40 PM
I think the Bulls bench is a bit overlooked, not saying its the best, but its up there they have CJ Watson, McGrady(not quite but appears imminent), Korver, James Johnson, Taj Gibson, Omer Asik (labeled the Gasol stopper in Europe) and Kurt Thomas. Of those I'm skeptical on Asik and James Johnson, but the rest of them are solid players off the bench. I think the Lakers and Celtics have the best benches, but I think the Bulls bench is better than Miami

dnewguy
07-25-2010, 11:45 PM

SF-LeBron/Desean Butler-a 2nd round draft pick. On defense the Lakers have 2 excellent defenders to throw at him in Artest and Barnes which will give him fits, he'll still get most of him numbers but you'd be lying if you said these two can't help slow him down.....

C-Joel Anthony/Big Z/Jamaal Magloire. Joel Anthony is going to have so many problems with Bynum and the height advantage Bynum possesses is not going to help Joel at all........ Big Z....I really don't think he has anything left in the tank. The only thing I think he can maybe do is hit the midrange shot now. I think Ratliff would tear him apart even though they are about the same age just because of his tenacity alone. Big Z is just too soft, old, and fragile right now. Magloire is the best center I think you guys have and even then he's still not that good at all. Advantage-Lakers

You must be a comedian, when the Heat had only Wade, it took a whole team to defend him....now you add Lebron and Bosh but somehow you see them getting shut down by Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bynum and.....Sasha? When is the last time Bynum used his height advantage against anyone? and when did Gasol lose the soft label btw......it may be time to put down the video game and face reality......your whole team will have to guard Lebron and Wade (nightmare scenario) and the rest of the Heat would just wait and capitalize on those 2 guys. Lets face it, Kobe hasn't shut Wade down yet, Artest can't defend Lebron, Bosh is too quick for Gasol and Anthony is just like Ben Wallace minus the muscles....if you really believe everything you said, you'll be in for a big disappointment.

Hoopsadvocate
07-25-2010, 11:46 PM
You must be a comedian, when the Heat had only Wade, it took a whole team to defend him....now you add Lebron and Bosh but somehow you see them getting shut down by Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bynum and.....Sasha? When is the last time Bynum used his height advantage against anyone? and when did Gasol lose the soft label btw......it may be time to put down the video game and face reality......your whole team will have to guard Lebron and Wade (nightmare scenario) and the rest of the Heat would just wait and capitalize on those 2 guys. Lets face it, Kobe hasn't shut Wade down yet, Artest can't defend Lebron, Bosh is too quick for Gasol and Anthony is just like Ben Wallace minus the muscles....if you really believe everything you said, you'll be in for a big disappointment.

wow so his post did get dumber as it went along glad i stopped reading.

Lakersho
07-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Maybe you should do a little more research on a team before making such dumb assumptions. We mention Wade/Lebron/Bosh because they are the 3 most important startes the other two will likely be Joel anthony and Chalmers. Same reasoning when we mention Miller/haslem as the bench because they are the two most important ones on it but since u obviously dont know **** and just like to talk out your *** we also have Big Z, Carlos Arroyo (who was our starter last year and had the second best ***/turnover ratio in the league). And just so you know its rare to have your entire bench out at once without any starter especially a team with 3 superstars do u honestly think there will be a minute in the game where one out of wade/lebron/bosh wont be in playing with the bench?? if you do your dumber than ur post suggests. Good day...

Its good to know there are some sensible laker fans out there, and i agree to an extent its pretty close nobody has a huge advantage besides maybe the sf position in favor of miami but agree to disagree good luck to you as well.
...just callin it fair, way to much hate . hell some of dudes on here act like you posters are lebron . word to ya , get used to it !!! It comes with the big players being on your team...

...not even close , WE DONT. they look good , have you seen'em play ? Me either, I say the suns....

DzJackson10
07-25-2010, 11:54 PM
lol the Heat bench is a piece of **** anyone defending it is obviously a heat fan, Bulls bench Should be up there instead, im not a fan of either team. Where were the Heat fans before the insecure boys joined together?? Lakers 3peat #2!!

kblo247
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM

Kobe has gotten the best of both Wade and Lebron when guarding them both individually on both ends of the court while they can't say the same about guarding or attacking him offensively.

Andrew has also had his way one on one with Bosh and you would know that if you watched him defend him one on one whenever the Raptors played the Lakers.

You need to take your head out of the clouds, come down to reality, and look objectively at what has happened when Lebron was guarded by Kobe in 08 pre-Artest, Wade guarded by Kobe in the last 2 years, and Bosh guarded by Bynum since he became a starter. Until then don't post unless you can form a coherent, constructive, informative, and far from delusional post. I know it may be hard though since you have yet to do that since hopping on the bandwagon this summer and not rooting for Miami before then.

You give Miami fans a bad name, when half of them are respectable and cool.

ajsulli1919
07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
I did read after that ur post is still ignorant for being retardedly bias. You make a big deal about bynum (who avgs less points than artest in the playoffs so he shouldnt even matter then either huh??? but u made it seem like a big thing compared to the Lebron matchup which u basically threw out the window) then u made gasol seem like hed also have a big advantage like bosh is so much smaller and a horrible defender, guess what hes not he may not be as good as Pau but hes close and it wont be much of a difference. Kobe on wade also wont be a huge difference but Lebron and artest is the only lopsided one. Your obviously making mountains out of the Lakers advantages and ant hills out of the HEATs to suit your argument. Hence your a joke.

Obviously you didn't because you flipped out right off the bat. I'm not throwing the Lebron matchup out the window at all, you didn't read the post closely enough. I'll try to "dumb it down for you"

Based on all aspects of the game:

Miami's PG's-Chalmers, Arroyo vs Los Angeles's PG's-Fisher, Blake. I give a slight advantage to the Lakers because Blake is for sure better than Arroyo.

Miami's SG's-Wade, Miller vs Los Angeles's SG's-Kobe, Vujacic. I Still like the Lakers here because Kobe is better than Wade on both ends of the floor and Barnes can take the SG position just like Vujacic. Another slight advantage to Lakers but very very close.

Miami SF's-LeBron, Desean Butler(nobody) vs LA's SF's-Artest, Barnes. Advantage to Miami even though LeBron has no backup. LeBron is going to get his no matter who guards him...Artest and Barnes are decent candidates to slow him down. Advantage Heat, even though they don't have a backup, I bet LeBron will play 40 mins a game or more because of that reason.

Miami's PF's-Bosh, Haslem vs LA's PF's-Gasol, Odom. Gasol has advantage over Bosh and Odom has advantage over Haslem. Odom can play 4-5 positions while Haslem can play 1. Odom is taller and anyone on PSD will tell you Odom is better than Haslem without hesitation. Advantage Lakers not by a lot though.

Miami's C's-Garbage, garbage, garbage vs LA's centers-Bynum, sometimes Gasol, sometimes even Odom, and Ratliff-old but is better than Big Z. Advantage-Lakers.

What exactly are you even arguing because all you've done in this whole post is say Miami's bench is the best with no reasoning whatsoever but just because "you say so"

Bynum also played on one leg in the playoffs so who cares if Artest scores more than him in the playoffs? Really dude....

Lakersho
07-26-2010, 12:03 AM

...HEY HOOPSADVOCATE , this is one of the new since july 2010 bandwagon fans cause'n about half the heat hate right here . he try's to start shite every post...

Hoopsadvocate
07-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Obviously you didn't because you flipped out right off the bat. I'm not throwing the Lebron matchup out the window at all, you didn't read the post closely enough. I'll try to "dumb it down for you"

Based on all aspects of the game:

Miami's PG's-Chalmers, Arroyo vs Los Angeles's PG's-Fisher, Blake. I give a slight advantage to the Lakers because Blake is for sure better than Arroyo.

Miami's SG's-Wade, Miller vs Los Angeles's SG's-Kobe, Vujacic. I Still like the Lakers here because Kobe is better than Wade on both ends of the floor and Barnes can take the SG position just like Vujacic. Another slight advantage to Lakers but very very close.

Miami SF's-LeBron, Desean Butler(nobody) vs LA's SF's-Artest, Barnes. Advantage to Miami even though LeBron has no backup. LeBron is going to get his no matter who guards him...Artest and Barnes are decent candidates to slow him down. Advantage Heat, even though they don't have a backup, I bet LeBron will play 40 mins a game or more because of that reason.

Miami's PF's-Bosh, Haslem vs LA's PF's-Gasol, Odom. Gasol has advantage over Bosh and Odom has advantage over Haslem. Odom can play 4-5 positions while Haslem can play 1. Odom is taller and anyone on PSD will tell you Odom is better than Haslem without hesitation. Advantage Lakers not by a lot though.

Miami's C's-Garbage, garbage, garbage vs LA's centers-Bynum, sometimes Gasol, sometimes even Odom, and Ratliff-old but is better than Big Z. Advantage-Lakers.

What exactly are you even arguing because all you've done in this whole post is say Miami's bench is the best with no reasoning whatsoever but just because "you say so"

Bynum also played on one leg in the playoffs so who cares if Artest scores more than him in the playoffs? Really dude....

:yawn: just so u dont waste your time anymore know im not reading your posts anymore including this one ur last one lost you all credibility. Learn to word your posts better maybe if u dont want to be misunderstood. too late to flip flop ur words now.