PDA

View Full Version : What the knicks should have done...

lwo2010
07-24-2010, 02:11 AM
When the Knicks signed Amare Stoudemire and Mike D'ntoni remained coach it popped into my head the idea of trying to build the new knicks team like the old 2005 phx team with nash,richardson,joe johnson stoudemire,etc. And it came to me,why couldnt the knicks instead of running all over the place trying to get lebron or the speculation of holding off for carmello ..they could of just offered a max contract to joe johnson. Then they could of gotten back an in shape Quentin Richardson,Raja Bell, even shawn marion whos stock is down due to his horrible season in dallas..and with the addition of Raymond Felton could of ran the same system as 2005. All of those players are also very cool with the coach because of playing with him before...and it couldnt of been that hard with pieces to trade like wilson chandler,david lee etc...I dont understand how the knicks just put a bunch of random players together and assume 35 wins is enough to please anyone...does anyone have any thoughts?

OA SLAY
07-24-2010, 02:16 AM
How did that work out for PHX 6years ago? My 1st thought is someone should tell you when to think.

OA SLAY
07-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Great 1st post, I dont think you will be able to top it :clap:

lwo2010
07-24-2010, 02:18 AM
How did that work out for PHX 6years ago? My 1st thought is someone should tell you when to think.

phoenix from 2005-2008 won pretty much 60 games each year and smashed and run their way in the league,i understand they didnt win the nba title but they were contenders and a very well coached team...it was just a thought and if your telling me that signing those players in that system is a bad idea then your wrong because it was proven to work all those years and with a young talented point guard like raymond felton it would =D...and i just joined why must you be nasty 0.o

HeaTxRipZz
07-24-2010, 02:19 AM
I'll agree with Raja I would have liked him on the knicks off the bench but an aging Shawn Marion on a 4 yr 32 Mill contract I don't think is worth it. His numbers are constantly decreasing and would take a young guy who has potential around the league like Anthony Randolph over him anyday. Now if this was Marion from a few yrs ago no question about it but bringing him now with that contract wouldn't really help none

deftonesrule
07-24-2010, 02:20 AM
us knick fans do not want Q.

lwo2010
07-24-2010, 02:22 AM

you guys had him when he was terribly out of shape lmaoo...thats a shame with miami last year he actually played pretty well but i hear you,thats like telling me take brian grant to the lakers he fixed himself i would never everrr again haha

OA SLAY
07-24-2010, 02:23 AM
y must you treat the Knicks like your ******** stepchild? Those players are 6years older and D'Antoni is still a fool. The Knicks made some solid moves to stay young and lay a foundation.

lwo2010
07-24-2010, 02:26 AM
My must you treat the Knicks like your ******** stepchild? Those players are 6years older and D'Antoni is still a fool. The Knicks made some solid moves to stay young and lay a foundation.

the foundation is terrible,if you really think that knicks team with ronny turiaf is going to go anywhere you must be out of your mind...you would be better off with marbury nd francis still haha...and im sorry i made a suggestion on what a good system would look like....see if your knicks make the playoffs even with your foundation ;)

HeaTxRipZz
07-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Why would Turiaf be relied on to make a huge impact with guys like Amare and Randolph already doing that :confused:

bholly
07-24-2010, 02:28 AM
EVEYONE thought of this. This was exactly the story. But JJ decided to stay in Atlanta, and everyone remembered that team's success was because of Nash (who NYK don't have) and still didn't win anything meaningful.

mynameismo
07-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Wait two years to end up with the 2005 PHX Suns WITHOUT Steve Nash?

You'd like that? Really?

OA SLAY
07-24-2010, 02:38 AM
the foundation is terrible,if you really think that knicks team with ronny turiaf is going to go anywhere you must be out of your mind...you would be better off with marbury nd francis still haha...and im sorry i made a suggestion on what a good system would look like....see if your knicks make the playoffs even with your foundation ;)

This is why you could never be a GM SON, stick to lego and coloring books we no longer need ur mind to wander.

OA SLAY
07-24-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sFsYxP3rek

KiNgSuNs1
07-24-2010, 02:56 AM
why is everyone bashing him for a suggestion that he made? You guys take this to serious lol

HeaTxRipZz
07-24-2010, 02:58 AM
lol I don't think no more than 1 person out of like 5 was bashing him me and others just didn't agree that's all

Cromedome
07-24-2010, 03:01 AM
Why don't we just wait until 2012 and sign a 38 year old Steve Nash as a way to lure the guys to team up one last time. Trade for JJ.... find Marion, whom I'm sure will be looking for work, and we'll be partying like it's 2005.

NYKNYGNYY
07-24-2010, 03:08 AM
good idea, use a scheme that didnt win a championchip:clap::facepalm:

Crackadalic
07-24-2010, 04:42 AM
So you want the old suns teams thats 6 years older then they are and probably in the twilight of their career instead of some young players that can improve? wow and have poisonbury and stevie frenchfries back? At least come up with a suggestion that makes since

ldc62
07-24-2010, 05:00 AM
So an old version of the Suns team with Felton instead of Nash? Sounds like a 5th-8th seed in the East and a first round exit (maybe 2nd if they're lucky).

knickfan33
07-24-2010, 05:17 AM
When the Knicks signed Amare Stoudemire and Mike D'ntoni remained coach it popped into my head the idea of trying to build the new knicks team like the old 2005 phx team with nash,richardson,joe johnson stoudemire,etc. And it came to me,why couldnt the knicks instead of running all over the place trying to get lebron or the speculation of holding off for carmello ..they could of just offered a max contract to joe johnson. Then they could of gotten back an in shape Quentin Richardson,Raja Bell, even shawn marion whos stock is down due to his horrible season in dallas..and with the addition of Raymond Felton could of ran the same system as 2005. All of those players are also very cool with the coach because of playing with him before...and it couldnt of been that hard with pieces to trade like wilson chandler,david lee etc...I dont understand how the knicks just put a bunch of random players together and assume 35 wins is enough to please anyone...does anyone have any thoughts?

wow really, Q rich, have you ever watched a knick game? straight trash, every year he is "back in shape" but same garbage play, the fact that Dantoni got rid of him twice should tell you something.

Max contract to JJ... out of your mind, he is almost 29 years old, look it's allan houston all over again.

Knicks did exactly what they should have done, got rid of isiahs mess, got an elite player, and surounded him with young, athletic talent,,instead of more mediocre guys in their twilight like marion.

these types of signings and trades are what put the knicks in this position in the first place, the knicks are a SG away from being serious contenders right now, and even without that shooting guard are one of the better teams in the East now..... MARK MY WORDS...KNICKS WILL BE 4-6 IN THE EAST

ldc62
07-24-2010, 05:23 AM
wow really, Q rich, have you ever watched a knick game? straight trash, every year he is "back in shape" but same garbage play, the fact that Dantoni got rid of him twice should tell you something.

Max contract to JJ... out of your mind, he is almost 29 years old, look it's allan houston all over again.

Knicks did exactly what they should have done, got rid of isiahs mess, got an elite player, and surounded him with young, athletic talent,,instead of more mediocre guys in their twilight like marion.

these types of signings and trades are what put the knicks in this position in the first place, the knicks are a SG away from being serious contenders right now, and even without that shooting guard are one of the better teams in the East now..... MARK MY WORDS...KNICKS WILL BE 4-6 IN THE EAST

Agree with everything you said even the 4-6 range.

Forecast: Heat, Magic, Bulls, Celtics, Bucks, Knicks, _____, ______

Still not sold on Bobcats; sorry.... fight for 5 6 7 8 is going to be good.

Wizard of O's
07-24-2010, 05:45 AM
y must you treat the Knicks like your ******** stepchild? Those players are 6years older and D'Antoni is still a fool. The Knicks made some solid moves to stay young and lay a foundation.

like what? they traded away all there draft picks to sign an often injured PF/C who refuses to play defense to a 100 million contract.

how is that laying a foundation?

they'll probably cap out next summer signing Carmelo and trading all the assets they have left for someone. Then have no draft picks to round out there roster and be relegated to signing one good player a year via the MLE and then bidding on a bunch of crap with Miami to try and sign league minimum contracts.

Kashmir13579
07-24-2010, 06:31 AM

+1. gallo and rautins can shoot the 3 just fine.

omdigga
07-24-2010, 08:04 AM
no thanks to an old pheonix team minus nash. ill stiick with the new look knicks.

mikealike305
07-24-2010, 09:15 AM
why is everyone bashing him for a suggestion that he made? You guys take this to serious lol

lol wayyyy to serious

knickfan4life
07-24-2010, 09:50 AM
First of all, the original post, is WAYYY off.

1. You sign amare to a max
2. you sign JJ to a max
3. YOU DONT HAVE MONEY FOR FELTON ANYMORE

that ends his plan at that point

because, if we DID have that much cap space, it would mean we traded eddy curry. Which honestly, unless your getting a ridiculous contract back, will not happen.

So I am not trying to bash him, it was a good try for a first post, but honestly man, I only have like 500 posts and i've been on here almost 3 years now. Go into a forum and follow the mods. Learn about cap rules and CBA rules and when you figure stuff like that out, you can really have great basketball conversations.

I learned a lot from guys on the Knicks Forum guys including, BUT NOT LIMITED TO

Still a Fan
SlyWilliams
6 deep

etc etc I couldnt think of anymore off the top of my head, but honestly, it wasnt a bad idea except for the Q Rich and the Marion part, but instead of those two, you have two young pieces in Gallo who is a lights out shooter and a good slasher in Chandler, so if the knicks WERE able to get Amare, JJ AND Felton a lineup like the following would not be a championship lineup, but i think your a big man away from being a contender

Felton
JJ
Chandler
Gallo
Amare

That team would get creamed on the boards and defensively, but offensively, they could probably match up with the best of them. Again, you need a big man, Amar'e is not a Center, he is a PF and Gallo cannot play the PF spot, he is not strong enough. So if Chandler comes off the bench and those 2 guys are in their natural positions, a Curry for Al Jefferson trade would have been the way to go, and very possible to get done. Giving you this team, which would be a VERY good team....... but again, not possible

Felton
JJ
Gallo
Amare
Al Jefferson

With guys like Chandler and Landry Fields and Tony Douglas coming off the bench, this could be a 3-5 seed in the east, dont you think?

NYYCowboys
07-24-2010, 10:02 AM
First of all, the original post, is WAYYY off.

1. You sign amare to a max
2. you sign JJ to a max
3. YOU DONT HAVE MONEY FOR FELTON ANYMORE

that ends his plan at that point

because, if we DID have that much cap space, it would mean we traded eddy curry. Which honestly, unless your getting a ridiculous contract back, will not happen.

So I am not trying to bash him, it was a good try for a first post, but honestly man, I only have like 500 posts and i've been on here almost 3 years now. Go into a forum and follow the mods. Learn about cap rules and CBA rules and when you figure stuff like that out, you can really have great basketball conversations.

I learned a lot from guys on the Knicks Forum guys including, BUT NOT LIMITED TO

Still a Fan
SlyWilliams
6 deep

etc etc I couldnt think of anymore off the top of my head, but honestly, it wasnt a bad idea except for the Q Rich and the Marion part, but instead of those two, you have two young pieces in Gallo who is a lights out shooter and a good slasher in Chandler, so if the knicks WERE able to get Amare, JJ AND Felton a lineup like the following would not be a championship lineup, but i think your a big man away from being a contender

Felton
JJ
Chandler
Gallo
Amare

That team would get creamed on the boards and defensively, but offensively, they could probably match up with the best of them. Again, you need a big man, Amar'e is not a Center, he is a PF and Gallo cannot play the PF spot, he is not strong enough. So if Chandler comes off the bench and those 2 guys are in their natural positions, a Curry for Al Jefferson trade would have been the way to go, and very possible to get done. Giving you this team, which would be a VERY good team....... but again, not possible

Felton
JJ
Gallo
Amare
Al Jefferson

With guys like Chandler and Landry Fields and Tony Douglas coming off the bench, this could be a 3-5 seed in the east, dont you think?

I agree with your post, but I think it's pretty stupid to follow other posters on the site. It's not that hard to learn about the CBA and cap rules just google it. I agree some posters are more knowledgeable than others but c'mon.

knickfan4life
07-24-2010, 10:12 AM
I agree with your post, but I think it's pretty stupid to follow other posters on the site. It's not that hard to learn about the CBA and cap rules just google it. I agree some posters are more knowledgeable than others but c'mon.

dont follow them, but the mods have been on here for a while and they know what theyre talkin about, i dont wanna go read about cap rules man, im not studying lol, im on here enjoying talks about basketball.

you obviously have your own opinions, and thats why, like he did, he posted them, and got bashed for it. you can also learn that way, i chose to sit back and learn about a lot of things before i opened my mouth. its like they say, its better to measure 10 times and cut once than to measure once and cut 10 times... so everyone does it their own way, i did it my way. and i wasnt talking about many posters, a LOT of people on here have no clue about whats going on in the league, the mods are good though, for the most part, i cant put my finger on one of them who has slipped up.

also, reading what the mods writes, shows you how not to throw ridiculous comments out there like, oh the knicks should trade eddy curry for lebron james, because the money works out. you see trades from all angles and how GM's see em.

im sure theres other ways to do it, i was just suggesting how i finally figured it out lol

PrettyBoyJ
07-24-2010, 10:15 AM
only thing is that was 6 years ago.. those players where a lot younger and better.. in stoudmire's case that was before the micro.. Marion playing in his allstar form and avg. double-double.. in 2010 putting that team back together wouldnt give you the same result

Ill21
07-24-2010, 10:17 AM

Yea because the knicks team is based around ronny turiaf and how he does this season really will determine if NY make the playoffs or not. This might be the dumbest knicks related post EVER.

geraptor
07-24-2010, 10:19 AM
only thing is that was 6 years ago.. those players where a lot younger and better.. in stoudmire's case that was before the micro.. Marion playing in his allstar form and avg. double-double.. in 2010 putting that team back together wouldnt give you the same result

this:clap:

29$JerZ
07-24-2010, 10:29 AM
What a stupid thread.

NYYCowboys
07-24-2010, 10:31 AM
dont follow them, but the mods have been on here for a while and they know what theyre talkin about, i dont wanna go read about cap rules man, im not studying lol, im on here enjoying talks about basketball.

you obviously have your own opinions, and thats why, like he did, he posted them, and got bashed for it. you can also learn that way, i chose to sit back and learn about a lot of things before i opened my mouth. its like they say, its better to measure 10 times and cut once than to measure once and cut 10 times... so everyone does it their own way, i did it my way. and i wasnt talking about many posters, a LOT of people on here have no clue about whats going on in the league, the mods are good though, for the most part, i cant put my finger on one of them who has slipped up.

also, reading what the mods writes, shows you how not to throw ridiculous comments out there like, oh the knicks should trade eddy curry for lebron james, because the money works out. you see trades from all angles and how GM's see em.

im sure theres other ways to do it, i was just suggesting how i finally figured it out lol

To each his own I guess

Slimsim
07-24-2010, 10:40 AM
For a team that's not a title contender Knicks sure get a lot of Attention from all types of fans.

mikealike305
07-24-2010, 10:56 AM
just an idea guys lets not bite his head off