PDA

View Full Version : John Wall

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 10:08 PM
With all the hype on how amazing John Wall is, the supposed second coming of Derrick Rose, i wanted to see how many people think he is legit. I personally think he is a good player, but was overrhyped playing with a extremely talented kentucky team that failed to win it all. Not saying he can't be great, but from one year of college what can we expect next year out of him? I will admit he does have the cool John Wall arm flex dance motion.:)

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Evan turner

Jaji
07-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Wall is a beast. I think not winning it all makes him even more legit. How many NBA superstars have ever won the NCAA tourney? Melo is the only one I can think of.

BKNets21
07-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Time will tell.

This upcoming season it will be close between him, Turner and Cousins, but in a couple of years time you can add Favors to that list.

asandhu23
07-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Wall is a beast. I think not winning it all makes him even more legit. How many NBA superstars have ever won the NCAA tourney? Melo is the only one I can think of.

Sir Michael Jordan?

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 10:16 PM
This is like being in 8th grade and trying to guess which girl will let you devirginize her at the senior prom ...

MiamiWadeCounty
not saying they had to win it all exactly but it seems even with demarcus cousins and other 1st rounders they couldnt even get close

Jaji
Sir Michael Jordan?

:facepalm:

Michael Jordan isn't in the NBA, therefore he is not an NBA superstar. Why not mention Kareem Abdul-Jabbar while you're at it. It's 2010 guy!

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 10:17 PM
I saw almost every game, rooting against them of course (I'm a Dore fan :D).

Anyway, athletically he's the real deal, he is every bit as good as Rose (and I'm a Bulls fan). He's got Rose's speed, explosiveness, but he also has height and length on him. Rose, on the other hand, came in much stronger and much more developed.

I think the biggest difference between the two, is that Wall is coming in as a much better defender. Much better at defending the passing lanes than Rose, though I do hope Thibodeau's influence should Rose on that front. But Wall is definitely a better defender coming in than Rose was.

Like Rose, I found Wall a bit too inconsistent in college. Obviously he played much better statistically, but he also was given the reigns earlier on than Rose who joined more of a veteran team. Rose, on the other hand, stepped up as the season wore on and especially in the tournament, while I kinda felt that Wall hit sort of a freshman wall and then Cousins came in and started to beast. And I felt that it was Cousins team around midway into the season.

I also feel like Wall was more out of control than Rose. Like Rose, they are both fast as hell and I think he is every bit as fast as Rose. Unlike Rose, however, he isn't as good at controlling the tempo, and that's what also led to a TON of TOs. So he's got to learn that.

As a shooter, he also came in more developed than Rose. Not necessarily better shooter, but better form. Rose, however, did a lot to change that and became one of the best mid range shooters in the league this year, so with work, I expect the same from Wall.

As a playmaker, I gotta give Wall the edge. I just think he has a better vision than Rose..

Overall, my biggest gripe with Wall is that I felt he disappeared too often in games. He'd have those awesome spurts where he'd score a lot, but he also disappeared a lot. It could mean he was able to laid back cause he played on such a talented team. Or, that he's an inconsistent player. Hard to tell.

He definitely has a very nice upside though, and no reason to think he won't be a top 15 player at LEAST within a few years.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 10:18 PM
No. How many #1 picks end up being the best player in their draft class?

1 guy being better than 59 others?

I think it will be Lance Stephenson or Dominique Jones. Thats just my opinion. Which isnt the gospel.

I dont think Wall will live up to expectations because people dont realize he is nothing like Rose. Yet hes supposed to be the 2nd coming? Rose potentially could be the most dominant PG we've seen since Magic. Not that he will be, but his upside literally has no limits.

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 10:19 PM

Michael Jordan isn't in the NBA, therefore he is not an NBA superstar. Why not mention Kareem Abdul-Jabbar while you're at it. It's 2010 guy!

No need to be a jerk. There was nothing in your post that suggested only CURRENT stars. For the record, I was about to also suggest a lot of ex players.

And how the hell does it make you "more legit"?!
How can you possibly say it's better NOT to win than to win. Doesn't make sense.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Wall is not even comparable to Rose. Seriously.

I swear some people didnt even see Rose in college or him in the NBA.

Wall is a better athlete than he is a player. He is only a threat in transition when he can outrun everybody. He cant finish at the basket with contact. Nothing like Rose.

bears88
I cant wait to see Rose Vs Wall its going to be fun match up between those two.

kozelkid

I think it will be Lance Stephenson or Dominique Jones. Thats just my opinion. Which isnt the gospel.

I dont think Wall will live up to expectations because people dont realize he is nothing like Rose. Yet hes supposed to be the 2nd coming? Rose potentially could be the most dominant PG we've seen since Magic. Not that he will be, but his upside literally has no limits.

And how many players not picked in the lottery end up being the best players in an NBA draft?

1st overall player is definitely the most common out of any other pick. Just looking at this decade, from 2000-2009.
For 2000? No idea. Maybe Martin? I mean he was pretty damn good before the injury.
2001? Definitely not Kwame
2002? Yao
2003? Lebron
2004? Dwight
2005? Cp3 or Deron
2006? Roy
2007? Durant
2008? Rose. Maybe too early, I don't really any other player who will be better.
2009? Too early. Evans atm, but Griffen should be given the benefit of the doubt.

So in this decade, 40%, hell maybe 50% are 1st overall picks.

eibbor
07-23-2010, 10:28 PM

I agree. The hype is only going to make the let down worse.

BTW I think L Stephenson was an absolute steal.

I don't agree about the best thing since Magic thing but I do the rest.

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 10:29 PM
I agree. The hype is only going to make the let down worse.

BTW I think L Stephenson was an absolute steal.

I don'y agree about the best thing since Magic thing but I do the rest.

Of course you do, you are a Pacers fan. :p

Personally, I hate Stephenson's game. Then again, I also thought Evans would be the next Larry Hughes, so who am I to talk. :shrug:

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 10:31 PM
And how many players not picked in the lottery end up being the best players in an NBA draft?

1st overall player is definitely the most common out of any other pick. Just looking at this decade, from 2000-2009.
For 2000? No idea. Maybe Martin? I mean he was pretty damn good before the injury.
2002? Yao
2003? Lebron
2004? Dwight
2005? Cp3 or Deron
2006? Roy
2007? Durant
2008? Rose. Maybe too early, I don't really any other player who will be better.
2009? Too early. Evans atm, but Griffen should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Kd was #2
Roy was not #1
Cp3/Dwill were noth not #1

Team*Chicago
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Hell yeah, he's the next Derrick Rose. He'll definately be the best rookie in his draft class and you guys are going to hate on him and think somebody else will win rookie of the year just like Rose and get proven wrong aswell.

Bulls_fan90
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM

The facepalm is on you my friend. :facepalm:

Jaji
07-23-2010, 10:35 PM
No need to be a jerk. There was nothing in your post that suggested only CURRENT stars. For the record, I was about to also suggest a lot of ex players.

And how the hell does it make you "more legit"?!
How can you possibly say it's better NOT to win than to win. Doesn't make sense.

Wow I was about to give you props for your analysis but eff that!

I wasn't being a jerk at all. I was pointing out that I'm talking about today's players. Why would I be talking about ex players? Its a whole new era. Most of the best players in the game today never even played a college game (Kobe, LeBron, KG, Stoudemire, Howard) and even more only played a season or 2 (Rose, Durant, Chris Paul, Evans). In fact, it can be argued that you must suck if you're a Sr. in college because you weren't good enough to leave early like everyone else. This isn't the same era as when guys stayed 4 years. Looking at percentages, there are far more good players with no NCAA ship than there are with one. So yeah, based on percentages, he has that in his favor.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 10:36 PM

2002? Yao
2003? Lebron
2004? Dwight
2005? Cp3 or Deron
2006? Roy
2007? Durant

Wrong.

LeBron
Dwight
Yao

Thats it. Rose potentially, but too early like you said.

Look at the 80's and 90's.

kozelkid
Kd was #2
Roy was not #1
Cp3/Dwill were noth not #1

I'm aware. I listed every draft who was the best player.

Jaji
The facepalm is on you my friend. :facepalm:

I guess I can understand why you would say that: because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Now its definitely on you... :facepalm:

eibbor
07-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Personally, I hate Stephenson's game. Then again, I also thought Evans would be the next Larry Hughes, so who am I to talk. :shrug:

lol You make a good point. But hey, I stuck with the Colts through the worst of times and I will with the Pacers as well.. As badly as I want them to fire Bird! I still will.

I figure if he has cred outta NY and just got in a little trouble, he just might pan out. I honestly can't believe Bird let him get drafted.

MiamiWadeCounty
@kozelkid oh i see my bad...also wade stayed in college and matured at marquette and now hes arguably the best player on the planet

Jaji
I'm aware. I listed every draft who was the best player.

Quit being a jerk. How was anyone supposed to know you were listing the best players? You generally don't know what you're talking about so why would he think differently this time? :shrug:

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Wow I was about to give you props for your analysis but eff that!

I wasn't being a jerk at all. I was pointing out that I'm talking about today's players. Why would I be talking about ex players? Its a whole new era. Most of the best players in the game today never even played a college game (Kobe, LeBron, KG, Stoudemire, Howard) and even more only played a season or 2 (Rose, Durant, Chris Paul, Evans). In fact, it can be argued that you must suck if you're a Sr. in college because you weren't good enough to leave early like everyone else. This isn't the same era as when guys stayed 4 years. Looking at percentages, there are far more good players with no NCAA ship than there are with one. So yeah, based on percentages, he has that in his favor.

I understand what you are saying.
But you are combining too many traits.
Bottom line, as a player it's better to win than not to. I'm in no way saying that a winner in general is better. Hansbrough is obviously not more valuable than Griffin. But don't you think it's better for a player to win, than not to? Don't you think it would have been better if Rose won in 08, or if Deron won in 05, etc.

Wrong.

LeBron
Dwight
Yao

Thats it. Rose potentially, but too early like you said.

Look at the 80's and 90's.

So who was clearly better than Martin in 2000? I just took one decade.
I'm not saying that number one picks are more likely the best player than not. But if you take all the drafts, I'm willing to bet that the largest proportion will go to the number one picks.

Bulls_fan90
07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
I guess I can understand why you would say that: because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Now its definitely on you... :facepalm:

Why?

The way you phrased your post made it sound like you were talking about past and present NBA superstars. Is Michael Jordan not an NBA superstar? Or are people supposed to read you mind and know your only referring to current players?

Facepalm is still on you buddy. Put that in your sig.

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Quit being a jerk. How was anyone supposed to know you were listing the best players? You generally don't know what you're talking about so why would he think differently this time? :shrug:

Grow up.

Unlike you, I don't make a facepalm about it and then ***** in the post.

If you can't post in an adult and mature matter, then don't bother any responses from me.

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 10:43 PM
@kozelkid oh i see my bad...also wade stayed in college and matured at marquette and now hes arguably the best player on the planet

I understand.
I could see an argument being made for Wade.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 10:44 PM

You hate Stephenson's game? Hes the type of player who's game is perfect for the NBA.

The only problem is that he has waited too long to become a PG. A lot of big guards try to transition to PG to get an advantage and prepare themselves for the next level. Hes played SF/PF.

People say he cant shoot. But how many guys who dominate the ball are good shooters at this stage? How many good shooters are capable of dominating the ball?

He has a mean streak but plays with a smile on his face.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 10:46 PM
all players are different and some are better staying while some are better leaving

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 10:47 PM
You hate Stephenson's game? Hes the type of player who's game is perfect for the NBA.

The only problem is that he has waited too long to become a PG. A lot of big guards try to transition to PG to get an advantage and prepare themselves for the next level. Hes played SF/PF.

People say he cant shoot. But how many guys who dominate the ball are good shooters at this stage? How many good shooters are capable of dominating the ball?

He has a mean streak but plays with a smile on his face.

Being a poor shooter isn't bad if you are athletically gifted. Stephenson simply isn't able to get away with it athletically like Lebron or Wade are.

Stephenson, imo, doesn't have the athleticism to be that guy. He also isn't great at any particular role and being ball dominant isn't good unless you are a great player like the players I just mentioned.

Once again, don't take this as fact. Draft isn't a science and there's always been players who proved that. But there's also a reason why he was drafted so late. He's not likely to be a good player.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
I understand what you are saying.
But you are combining too many traits.
Bottom line, as a player it's better to win than not to. I'm in no way saying that a winner in general is better. Hansbrough is obviously not more valuable than Griffin. But don't you think it's better for a player to win, than not to? Don't you think it would have been better if Rose won in 08, or if Deron won in 05, etc.

So who was clearly better than Martin in 2000? I just took one decade.
I'm not saying that number one picks are more likely the best player than not. But if you take all the drafts, I'm willing to bet that the largest proportion will go to the number one picks.

Michael Redd.

K-Mart's career was a mirage. It looked like something but really it was nothing.

Jason Kidd could turn Dr.Seuss into a capable player.

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Answer to poll question: Yea, John Wall is a God. He will be better than Michael Jordan by next month. He will rewrite every NBA record in his first season. Bow down in worship. :p

MrfadeawayJB
07-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I can see John Wall being a similar player to Derrick Rose, however Rose has more of a takeover the game type mindset, and Wall is more get the teamates involved mindset

Vinsane#15
07-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Wall is the best player in the draft, however, if you asked me would you rather have the best PG in the draft or the best PF/C in the draft, you take the best PF/C.. It's rare in this league that you'll find great big men on teams. Teams like LA, Boston, etc... all have good bigs..

Sacramento and NJ/Brooklyn imo are the true winners of the draft because they drafted players who may arguably the next generation of elite bigs. PG's aren't hard to find, you can always draft or trade for a decent PG.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Grow up.

Unlike you, I don't make a facepalm about it and then ***** in the post.

If you can't post in an adult and mature matter, then don't bother any responses from me.

Man I'm just getting you back for your last post. Its really not that serious.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Being a poor shooter isn't bad if you are athletically gifted. Stephenson simply isn't able to get away with it athletically like Lebron or Wade are.

Stephenson, imo, doesn't have the athleticism to be that guy. He also isn't great at any particular role and being ball dominant isn't good unless you are a great player like the players I just mentioned.

Once again, don't take this as fact. Draft isn't a science and there's always been players who proved that. But there's also a reason why he was drafted so late. He's not likely to be a good player.

If I dont get banned for the 6th time. I'll respond to this because some people see the same thing you do. I disagree and I'll tell you why tomorrow if I am not banned.

Have a good night.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Man I'm just getting you back for your last post. Its really not that serious.

Jaji we need to meet up. You have the personality I like.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Why?

The way you phrased your post made it sound like you were talking about past and present NBA superstars. Is Michael Jordan not an NBA superstar? Or are people supposed to read you mind and know your only referring to current players?

Facepalm is still on you buddy. Put that in your sig.

No, Michael Jordan is NOT an NBA superstar. He's not even in the NBA.

Maybe next time I'll date my posts so you can understand the time frame. Oh wait, it is dated. I was obviously talking about today's players. Its called reading comprehension. Context clues, etc.

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 10:59 PM
I can see John Wall being a similar player to Derrick Rose, however Rose has more of a takeover the game type mindset, and Wall is more get the teamates involved mindset

Which would make Rose a combo guard. Rose's career assist percentage is 29.5%. That is not a point guard number, not when D-Will and CP3 are around 45%.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Jaji we need to meet up. You have the personality I like.

No doubt, R_O_W_E, you're one of my favorite posters whether we agree or not. Respect, homie.

Bulls_fan90
07-23-2010, 11:01 PM
No, Michael Jordan is NOT an NBA superstar. He's not even in the NBA.

Maybe next time I'll date my posts so you can understand the time frame. Oh wait, it is dated. I was obviously talking about today's players. Its called reading comprehension. Context clues, etc.

Quit being a jerk. How was anyone supposed to know you were listing the current best players? You generally don't know what you're talking about so why would i think differently this time?

Jaji
07-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Quit being a jerk. How was anyone supposed to know you were listing the current best players? You generally don't know what you're talking about so why would i think differently this time?

Touche. Well played. :clap:

But still... :facepalm:

Bulls_fan90
07-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Touche. Well played. :clap:

But still... :facepalm:

Man I'm just getting you back for your last post. Its really not that serious. :p

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 11:14 PM
i like starting posts where people argue agressively:p

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 11:18 PM
also how do i change my recruit thing do i have to get 100 posts first

bal_ravens
07-23-2010, 11:22 PM
As a Wizards fan, my opinion will be biased, but I am trying to put this in the most unbiased way possible.

If Wall can run the offense, getting our big men the ball, keeping his turnovers low and getting Arenas his touches without him complaining, this team will get a lot of wins, making him the best player.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 11:25 PM
also how do i change my recruit thing do i have to get 100 posts first

Sorry, that doesn't lie. And it can't be changed. You are what you are, recruit.

Seriously though, click on your name and go to view public profile. On the next page, click on customize profile. IDK exactly what to do after that lol. Just play around with those options I guess. Don't know about the 100 post limit either as I have over 6,000 posts of worthless BS.

kozelkid
07-23-2010, 11:37 PM
The only thing you are limited from until you get 100 posts, is having a sig, if I'm correct.

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Evan Turner.

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 12:32 AM
The only thing you are limited from until you get 100 posts, is having a sig, if I'm correct.

Yeah, that's what I think also..

ldc62
07-24-2010, 05:31 AM
For sure... Evan Turner is going to be a good player who makes probably around 3 AS teams, but Wall will be better. HOF? Thats definitely achievable. The only reason why I'm not a huge fan of Turner is because he lacks explosive athletic ability. Hes a good scorer and a decent playmaker, but I wouldn't bet on him having a better career.

arlubas
07-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Kentucky suffered a major breakdown in one of the most crucial games of the season which is about the only thing that didn't enable them to win it all. Blaming John Wall for a whole team's descent in one single game of the season isn't really wise.

The guy is legit, make no mistake about it and does indeed share quite a few common things with D-Rose. However I think he's his own man and will be real good in the L. Will he be great? No one can tell with certainty but I can tell you this, he certainly ain't gonna disappoint anyone with his play either.

bullsnbills24
07-24-2010, 10:04 AM
I saw almost every game, rooting against them of course (I'm a Dore fan :D).

Anyway, athletically he's the real deal, he is every bit as good as Rose (and I'm a Bulls fan). He's got Rose's speed, explosiveness, but he also has height and length on him. Rose, on the other hand, came in much stronger and much more developed.

I think the biggest difference between the two, is that Wall is coming in as a much better defender. Much better at defending the passing lanes than Rose, though I do hope Thibodeau's influence should Rose on that front. But Wall is definitely a better defender coming in than Rose was.

Like Rose, I found Wall a bit too inconsistent in college. Obviously he played much better statistically, but he also was given the reigns earlier on than Rose who joined more of a veteran team. Rose, on the other hand, stepped up as the season wore on and especially in the tournament, while I kinda felt that Wall hit sort of a freshman wall and then Cousins came in and started to beast. And I felt that it was Cousins team around midway into the season.

I also feel like Wall was more out of control than Rose. Like Rose, they are both fast as hell and I think he is every bit as fast as Rose. Unlike Rose, however, he isn't as good at controlling the tempo, and that's what also led to a TON of TOs. So he's got to learn that.

As a shooter, he also came in more developed than Rose. Not necessarily better shooter, but better form. Rose, however, did a lot to change that and became one of the best mid range shooters in the league this year, so with work, I expect the same from Wall.

As a playmaker, I gotta give Wall the edge. I just think he has a better vision than Rose..

Overall, my biggest gripe with Wall is that I felt he disappeared too often in games. He'd have those awesome spurts where he'd score a lot, but he also disappeared a lot. It could mean he was able to laid back cause he played on such a talented team. Or, that he's an inconsistent player. Hard to tell.

He definitely has a very nice upside though, and no reason to think he won't be a top 15 player at LEAST within a few years.

With all due respect this is no arguement. First of all this is a classic comparison of two players that are not that similar that get compared due to position and the coach they played for. I know their vert and speed are similar BUTTTT the fact is DRose's game speed is far better. Rose consistantly beats players to the hoop off the dribble and often dunks on people against NBA PLAYERS. While Wall has had some trouble doing these same things against SUMMER LEAGUE PLAYERS not to mention Wall's crossover is just not very strong and is very out of control. He had his pocket picked numerous times and I have seen him lose handle when crossing over to his left many times. And oh yeah I have never seen him dunk other than on a fast break..........However he is a good player but I just don't see the similarities to Rose. They don't play similar (Rose plays more of a 1/2 hybrid and Wall plays more of a pure point IMO), ROse is much stronger, and more compact, and quick. While Wall is longer and is known for his defense and is more fast than quick. Also I think Rose is a better mid range shooter while Wall has a better long range jumper. Rose will penetrate to score and Wall penetrates to dish mostly. It doesn't mean Wall is going to be bad but he is more of a GIlbert Arenas than a DRose IMO. However I do think Wall was the best player in this draft and will be a very good player but I don't think he is anymore than All star caliber. I don't think he will be a top 10 player or anything

IndyFan
07-24-2010, 10:43 AM

nice point. about 1 guy being better than 59 others. but in this case, wall looks like the best player, unless some of the athletic players develop skill to match their athleticism. ie whiteside

but i do really really hope you're right about stephenson. he doesn't have to be the best player to make me happy, 2nd best will be fine.

:laugh2:

Raven19
07-24-2010, 11:10 AM
I say yes.. But that's my opinion.. But for ROY, I'm gonna go with blake

R_O_W_E
07-24-2010, 01:31 PM
nice point. about 1 guy being better than 59 others. but in this case, wall looks like the best player, unless some of the athletic players develop skill to match their athleticism. ie whiteside

but i do really really hope you're right about stephenson. he doesn't have to be the best player to make me happy, 2nd best will be fine.

:laugh2:

Wall isn't that good of a player, thats the funny thing about it. People can't name 1 skill hes exceptionally good at in comparison to everyone else, athleticism/speed is not a skill, its natural.

Nate Robinson is athletic.
Mike Conley is fast.
Bayless is agile.

A lot of people are putting too high of expectations on a "project" at the PG position. This is no different than other Combo Guards, hes a great athlete learning to be a good PG.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Only time will tell, but Wall has the makings of a great player because of the spacing and dominance by athetes in the NBA.

kozelkid
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Wall isn't that good of a player, thats the funny thing about it. People can't name 1 skill hes exceptionally good at in comparison to everyone else, athleticism/speed is not a skill, its natural.

Nate Robinson is athletic.
Mike Conley is fast.
Bayless is agile.

A lot of people are putting too high of expectations on a "project" at the PG position. This is no different than other Combo Guards, hes a great athlete learning to be a good PG.

He's a great playmaker, he's great at defending the passing lanes. He's great at attacking the basket.
Happy?

kozelkid
07-24-2010, 03:03 PM
With all due respect this is no arguement. First of all this is a classic comparison of two players that are not that similar that get compared due to position and the coach they played for. I know their vert and speed are similar BUTTTT the fact is DRose's game speed is far better. Rose consistantly beats players to the hoop off the dribble and often dunks on people against NBA PLAYERS. While Wall has had some trouble doing these same things against SUMMER LEAGUE PLAYERS not to mention Wall's crossover is just not very strong and is very out of control. He had his pocket picked numerous times and I have seen him lose handle when crossing over to his left many times. And oh yeah I have never seen him dunk other than on a fast break..........However he is a good player but I just don't see the similarities to Rose. They don't play similar (Rose plays more of a 1/2 hybrid and Wall plays more of a pure point IMO), ROse is much stronger, and more compact, and quick. While Wall is longer and is known for his defense and is more fast than quick. Also I think Rose is a better mid range shooter while Wall has a better long range jumper. Rose will penetrate to score and Wall penetrates to dish mostly. It doesn't mean Wall is going to be bad but he is more of a GIlbert Arenas than a DRose IMO. However I do think Wall was the best player in this draft and will be a very good player but I don't think he is anymore than All star caliber. I don't think he will be a top 10 player or anything

I stopped reading after the bolded.
Once again, I am a Bulls fan, just so you don't mistaken me for hating Rose. But he was awful in the summer league. Summer league doesn't mean jackshit one way or the other.

kozelkid
07-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyway, I expect Turner to have the best rookie season since he's the most NBA ready. But I could see Wall, Turner or Cousins being the best from this draft. Cousins is a real dark horse. But if he keeps his head straight, he can end up being a force on the low block.

Shareeb_omac2
07-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Wall is the real deal. He might struggle at times early in his career but as soon as he gets comfortable in the NBA and adds a little bulk to his frame he will flourish.(I'm a Mavericks fan)

gbpackers12
07-24-2010, 03:19 PM
I think Wall is the best player in this draft class. If I had the number 1 pick, I would've taken him without a doubt.

R_O_W_E
07-24-2010, 04:31 PM
He's a great playmaker, he's great at defending the passing lanes. He's great at attacking the basket.
Happy?

:eyebrow:

Disagree with 2 of the 3. I agree he is exceptionally well defending passing lanes getting steals and getting into transition.