PDA

View Full Version : Overbay has a no-trade clause?

Spiderdan22
07-23-2010, 05:29 PM
How does a player like Overbay get a no-trade clause?? Could JP have actually been that stupid?

Source: MLB Trade Rumors
********************************/2010/07/lyle-overbay-has-notrade-clause.html

Jays Claw
07-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Blue Jays' Lyle Overbay has a no trade clause, but don't expect it to be an issue. #MLB

Link: http://twitter.com/jonmorosi

BlueJayCarter
07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree. How could someone be so stupid to give Lyle Overbay a no-trade clause, he is not a Prince Fielder or Roy Halladay. Even his one good year in Toronto did not qualify a no trade clause.

But since the fans booed him, and he probably wants to contend and knows Wallace will replace him I think he will not enforce his no-trade unless it is to like Houston Astros or Baltimore. I don't see him going to a ****** team.

marcre
07-23-2010, 07:03 PM
I think he will not enforce his no-trade unless it is to like Houston Astros or Baltimore. I don't see him going to a ****** team.

Why would a team that's out of it trade for him?

idrinkpepsi
07-24-2010, 11:45 PM
I agree. How could someone be so stupid to give Lyle Overbay a no-trade clause, he is not a Prince Fielder or Roy Halladay. Even his one good year in Toronto did not qualify a no trade clause.

Riccardi

:facepalm:

Asham
07-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Not like anybody wanted him so its not that big a deal

Twitchy
07-25-2010, 08:09 AM
It's a partial no trade clause, but it doesn't really matter if you think about it. Overbay's not going to stay here for the chance to finish 500 if he can go to a contending team. I can see it now - sorry Angels, I'd rather stay here than try to have a shot at the playoffs.

Law said it best - his salary & production is a no trade clause.

BlueJayCarter
07-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Good point.

nithanyo
07-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Overbays no trade clause is not that big of a blockade. He would waive it for any team. He knows he has no future in toronto and if a team wants him he would be all over that

BlueJayCarter
07-25-2010, 08:19 AM
if a team wants him he would be all over that

That is the most important part of that statement.