PDA

View Full Version : Paul bends to King James' rule

nolafan33
07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
This article just begs to be posted, the writer hits every last nail on the head, and he hits them perfectly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhbOG4X8RB8FcAbFKpgvO868vLYF?slug=aw-paulfuture072310

SupeUnagi
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
lol this is pathetic

Wade>You
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Another Adrian Woj article hating on LeBron.

****YAWN****

IDB Josh M
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Isn't there an appropriate thread you can post this in?

Wade>You
07-23-2010, 05:25 PM
A superstar player doesn't want to play for Chicago? Adrian Woj is on the case!

Form of "Biased sports writer with no journalistic integrity."

Seriously, he's hating on LeBron and now CP3. And this guy is a huge nerd, I doubt he's ever touched a basketball in his life, let alone played the game.

asandhu23
07-23-2010, 05:31 PM
What a LeDouche

hyb152
07-23-2010, 09:50 PM
What a LeDouche

:laugh: so i see you're the only idiot that actually bought in to this guy's ultimate chicago biased article.

hyb152
07-23-2010, 09:52 PM
This article just begs to be posted, the writer hits every last nail on the head, and he hits them perfectly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhbOG4X8RB8FcAbFKpgvO868vLYF?slug=aw-paulfuture072310

No, he didn't hit any nail on the head and he certainly didn't hit them at perfectly. This writer is a joke and this article is a joke. I could care less about lebron and cp3 but this is pathetic.

nolafan33
07-23-2010, 10:11 PM
No, he didn't hit any nail on the head and he certainly didn't hit them at perfectly. This writer is a joke and this article is a joke. I could care less about lebron and cp3 but this is pathetic.

As a Hornets fan who has grown along with CP, yes he hit every nail on the head regarding CP and this whole situation. It's funny, because all Hornets fans agree that he hit the nail on the head.

Different situations=different opinions? IDK.

FakeBlackMamba
07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
WoJo is by far the best out there covering the NBA. He knows pretty much everyone, and is the first to every big story. He knows what he is talking about. Lebrick is trying to take over the NBA. He wants to be some sort of "global icon." He wants to be everything Kobe already is.

Bigbadmoffo
07-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Seriously, he's hating on LeBron and now CP3. And this guy is a huge nerd, I doubt he's ever touched a basketball in his life, let alone played the game.

He should, They're quitters. James led the way to being a trader and now Paul is following in a even more pathetic way.

hyb152
07-24-2010, 09:07 PM
He should, They're quitters. James led the way to being a trader and now Paul is following in a even more pathetic way.

"traitor"

The situations are different because James was an unrestricted free agent and had every right to go wherever he wanted to go. Paul, however, is under contract and he's DEMANDING his team to trade him. James wasn't a traitor, but Paul could be considered one. Paul is no free agent.

JasonJohnHorn
07-24-2010, 09:17 PM
I dont know how much truth there is in that article, there may be very much or very little, but there is one thing I agree with. Chris Paul is something special to that city. The team hasnt done as well the past couple of years and they havent been making money, so improving the team has been hard. CP3's boy T. Chandler got moved, Peja hasnt been playing up to his level, Scott got fired. Its a hail strom of changes for that team. I like to see players retire having only worn one jersey, and CP3 reminds me of Isiah Thomas in terms of his style of play, and I'd like to see him stick in there with NO and see what that team can accomplish. It took Isiah almost ten years to win a title, and 6 or 7 to be on a team that could really compete. A lot of players want the glory fast, but signing with teams and demanding trades dont always help: Just ask Tracy McGrady.

CP3 has gotta do what is best for himself. I believe NO's front office had mishandled things and made some bad moves, and if CP3 is confident they can turn things around, then he should try to work on that, but if he has lost confidence in the front office and its ability to build a championship calibre team, then I think he has every right to ask to be traded. I say ask, not demand. The team is straped for cash, losing money, management is changing a lot (new GM, new coach) and if CP3 feels like this is the wrong direction for him, then he has a right to voice his concerns, but he also has an obligation to play for this team for two more years should they choose to retain him.

Rosh
07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
:clap:

Great article.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-24-2010, 10:06 PM
last name wojnarowski lmfao sounds f*cked up just like his crappy article im too ignorant to read lmfao

basketfan4life
07-24-2010, 10:15 PM
dude has a point...

new generation superstars really start to make me feel sick...demanding trades too hard,the decision thing,talking tons of crap via twitter...if they could try half about the game,one of them could even win a single finals game,tons of talking but no action where it counts.

btw,no offense on d-wade,he really gets the job done when it counts or gives you that sense.

masalex1205
07-24-2010, 10:25 PM
well this writer is making a lot of assumptions

Dieselpi
07-24-2010, 10:58 PM
i read about 4 lines of the article and stopped, its pure drivel.

so paul is doing all of this because lebron said so? or because he has some influence over him.

Any real fan can see why paul would want to go to a team with other stars after what miami did, every player wants to win rings and when you see one team stacked you try and put yourself in a better situation. If your own team isnt making moves to get better you look elsewhere.

The east has some very good teams right now, miami, chicago, orlando, boston.

woj is a homer just like brousard

t_money25
07-24-2010, 11:37 PM
This guy's blaming Lebron for Chris Paul wanting to get traded? LOL!!!!!

As if wanting to win championships is a new thing that just began this off season.....this writer is pathetic and desperate with this article. He's trying to make himself relevant during all this Lebron talk.....SMH

hyb152
07-25-2010, 01:14 AM
And you do????????

Why dont you bold the last few words in the statement? I said he has no credibility because he's a laker fan and laker fans unanimously hate lebron. I see that you're trying to sneakily undermine me by not addressing the FULL point i made by leaving the last few words of my sentence out. I have credibility because I'm not biased. I dont like or dislike lebron. I dont like or dislike the heat. I dont like or dislike the lakers. I dont like or dislike cp3. I dont like or dislike the hornets. So my statement can contribute because I can give an unbiased opinion. Look at it like this. You're a laker fan so if I asked the question, "Are the Celtics the greatest NBA franchise? No lakers/celtics fans allow." and a Celtics fan says "HELL YES, absolutely, they are the greatest franchise." That guy would have no credibility for contributing to the topic and providing valid reasons because he's biased in favor of the celtics. You knew what I was trying to say, that's why you didn't bold the entire sentence. You failed miserably.

hyb152
07-25-2010, 01:15 AM
He has tons of credibility I mean look what he said "I'm getting my major in sports journalism from UC San Diego this year bud" That means he knows more than paid journalists. /sigh

:facepalm:

You're not a paid journalist, bud. I was talking to you directly.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Very dumb article, I read it earlier... Paul should leave, the team is garbage down there. The best PG in the NBA should ahve a shot at a championship.

hyb152
07-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Very dumb article, I read it earlier... Paul should leave, the team is garbage down there. The best PG in the NBA should ahve a shot at a championship.

Ahhh haha I was going to agree with everything you said until.... you said the BEST. I gotta second him to Deron Williams :p

hyb152
07-25-2010, 01:27 AM
i read about 4 lines of the article and stopped, its pure drivel.

so paul is doing all of this because lebron said so? or because he has some influence over him.

Any real fan can see why paul would want to go to a team with other stars after what miami did, every player wants to win rings and when you see one team stacked you try and put yourself in a better situation. If your own team isnt making moves to get better you look elsewhere.

The east has some very good teams right now, miami, chicago, orlando, boston.

woj is a homer just like brousard

You stopped at 4? Damn I stopped at 6 before I got an overload of humor and pity at the same time :mad:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Ahhh haha I was going to agree with everything you said until.... you said the BEST. I gotta second him to Deron Williams :p

Yeah, I was kinda just saying it because it's a lot easier to say than second best in the league... It's really a toss up between the two in my eyes, Deron might have moved up just because of CP3's injury and lack of help last year.

Illinirob83
07-25-2010, 01:36 AM

Paul was pretty quick to sign an extension down there when they were the "hot thing in the NBA', throwing ally oops to Chandler, David West was the nxt big thing in the post......but since they are a mediocre team, and he can't change that he wants out and is a puppet to what LBJ's people say? And that's cool?

And Wojo >>>>>>>>>>> all of you LBJ fanboy's. who think he is jesus christ himself.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Paul was pretty quick to sign an extension down there when they were the "hot thing in the NBA', throwing ally oops to Chandler, David West was the nxt big thing in the post......but since they are a mediocre team, and he can't change that he wants out and is a puppet to what LBJ's people say? And that's cool?

And Wojo >>>>>>>>>>> all of you LBJ fanboy's. who think he is jesus christ himself.

Yeah because he wants to win a championship and all his team is doing is getting worse... The most biased of fans couldn't say that that team has a chance to make something happen in the next 3 or 4 years with the way that team just deteriorates... Comparing this to LeBron is just plain dumb.

Illinirob83
07-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Yeah because he wants to win a championship and all his team is doing is getting worse... The most biased of fans couldn't say that that team has a chance to make something happen in the next 3 or 4 years with the way that team just deteriorates... Comparing this to LeBron is just plain dumb.

He signed the f'n contract. its guaranteed money, there has to be some level of commitment. He signed the contract, therefore IMO he should finish it out and then decide where he wants to play. I also lost a lot of respect for Paul (who I always admired) when he said at Carmelo's wedding that he, Melo and Amare would be teaming up in New York to form their own super team (this while he was still under contract with New Orleans).

Giants88
07-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Haven't you Miami fans figured out by now that everyone thinks that Lebron is a douche expect for you.

biglord
07-25-2010, 02:13 AM
either you are a winner or not cp3 is no winner , lebron is not a winner so if cp3 wants to follow lebron let him. it"s not like the heat is going to win it all next year and cp3 is not going to win it all either so who cares .but i will say the hornets are fools if they let him walk they have two years to improve there team thats more than enough time.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 02:18 AM
either you are a winner or not cp3 is no winner , lebron is not a winner so if cp3 wants to follow lebron let him. it"s not like the heat is going to win it all next year and cp3 is not going to win it all either so who cares .but i will say the hornets are fools if they let him walk they have two years to improve there team thats more than enough time.

They aren't winners.....yet. Are you really trying to knock them for trying to become winners? You aren't a winner until you.... win, correct?

THE MTL
07-25-2010, 02:51 AM
Difference between Lebron and Chris Paul!

Lebron had a STACKED team that won 60 games in consecutive seasons!

Chris Paul has virtually no one! Okafor is too nonathletic for a CP3 bigman. David West isnt a true allstar. Peja is a joke. The Hornets are lottery bound with no decent future in sight (especially with rise of teams such Houston/OKC/Memphis).

If CP3 wants to leave everyone should understand! Lebron would have eventually won in Cleveland. It might not have been multiple 5-6 championships but he would have had 1-2 rings at least.

Now CP3, hasnt GOT a chance for a ring in NO and everyone knows this!!!!!!!!!!

THE MTL
07-25-2010, 02:53 AM
Btw, using Tim Duncan as a reference is CRAP! The guy had a SUPERSTAR to play with and won his first championship within 3 years in the league. And then only to have two perrenial allstars to win with later on.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Difference between Lebron and Chris Paul!

Lebron had a STACKED team that won 60 games in consecutive seasons!

Are you on crack?!?!? That team is the opposite of stacked my friend... The Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Magic and many other teams are far more "stacked" my friend. LeBron got those 60 wins nearly by himself.

THE MTL
07-25-2010, 03:03 AM
Are you on crack?!?!? That team is the opposite of stacked my friend... The Lakers, Celtics, Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Magic and many other teams are far more "stacked" my friend. LeBron got those 60 wins nearly by himself.

No, that team had talent for Lebron to play with. Maybe not....a true allstar buddy, but they had "TALENT".

CP3 had talent on two positions (PF and C).

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 03:06 AM
No, that team had talent for Lebron to play with. Maybe not....a true allstar buddy, but they had "TALENT".

I'll take David West alone over Shaq and Jamison... Or Mo and any other two players, you pick...

THE MTL
07-25-2010, 03:15 AM
I'll take David West alone over Shaq and Jamison... Or Mo and any other two players, you pick...

Parker, Varejao, Williams, Shaq, Hickson, West, and Jamison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peterson, Peja, Okafor, Posey, and West

kozelkid
07-25-2010, 03:18 AM

There would be some basis to this if Adrian Woj had ANY loyalty to Chicago. Do your research or else you might make an *** out of yourself.
This is the same guy who has trashed MJ A LOT during the HOF speeches. I really doubt he cares much for Chicago. He also was the first to break news about the Vinny and Pax fight.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 03:21 AM
Parker, Varejao, Williams, Shaq, Hickson, West, and Jamison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Peterson, Peja, Okafor, Posey, and West

Eh.. I agree, but I never said anything about the rest of those d-bags on N.O..... All I know is that LeBron>>>>>CP3 so... That team won't make the playoffs next year with only one main difference... No LeBron... He was 100% responsible for the Cavaliers' success.

Raven19
07-25-2010, 03:53 AM
Eh.. I agree, but I never said anything about the rest of those d-bags on N.O..... All I know is that LeBron>>>>>CP3 so... That team won't make the playoffs next year with only one main difference... No LeBron... He was 100% responsible for the Cavaliers' success.

He's got a point there

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 03:56 AM
He's got a point there

I know, right?!? *Plays Sportscenter Theme* :cool:

hyb152
07-25-2010, 05:56 AM

They had "talent" but the team was poorly built by GM Danny Ferry. Lebron's teammates may have high ratings in the video game 2k11, but the team wasn't built to where the pieces fit. You can't just base it on talent.

Example: Jamison is a shooting guard trapped in a PF's body. He plays the 4 and plays like a SF. You can't have an undersized PF unless you have a dominant 5, and Shaq was not a dominant 5. Garnett was killing Jamison and Gasol would have too.

Example #2: What is a Mo Williams? What is that? Playoff-no-show-Mo isn't even a pg. He's an undersized SG playing PG for the cavs.

The Lakers are built like this:
Their own Lebron Superstar (kobe)
Dominant big man (Gasol)
Twin Tower that blocks shots and rebounds (Bynum)
Lockdown defender with some offensive game to add (Artest)
Proven clutch shooter/ball handler (Fisher)

The pieces fit in LA, they didn't fit in Cle, even though there was talent.

hyb152
07-25-2010, 05:58 AM

I'll take role player Posey, productive post player D. West, proven shooter Peja, and rebounder/defender Okafor over Choker Mo, useles 37 yr old Shaq, Undersized Jamison playing PF, and 34 yr old Parker.

gnr945
07-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah it's been a rough couple of years and his team has made a bunch of dumb moves, but he should take a look at what Steve Nash is doing down in Phoenix. Took the worst team in the NBA and made them an instant contender. He's lost Amar'e, lost his coach, saw the team hand over Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion while picking up Shaq, a total system killer along the way. How about Deron Williams who just lost his pick n roll partner. Both play with broke, small market teams and would have a much more valid reason to ask out. But they just keep playing with what they have. Paul should try to emulate them rather than Lebron. And if ANYONE thinks that his move is not the reason Paul wants out, seeing his 3 friends team up, they're obviously lying to themselves.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 01:52 PM
They had "talent" but the team was poorly built by GM Danny Ferry. Lebron's teammates may have high ratings in the video game 2k11, but the team wasn't built to where the pieces fit. You can't just base it on talent.

Example: Jamison is a shooting guard trapped in a PF's body. He plays the 4 and plays like a SF. You can't have an undersized PF unless you have a dominant 5, and Shaq was not a dominant 5. Garnett was killing Jamison and Gasol would have too.

Example #2: What is a Mo Williams? What is that? Playoff-no-show-Mo isn't even a pg. He's an undersized SG playing PG for the cavs.

The Lakers are built like this:
Their own Lebron Superstar (kobe)
Dominant big man (Gasol)
Twin Tower that blocks shots and rebounds (Bynum)
Lockdown defender with some offensive game to add (Artest)
Proven clutch shooter/ball handler (Fisher)

The pieces fit in LA, they didn't fit in Cle, even though there was talent.

What he said!!! Perfect descriptions of Mo and Jamison there.

daleja424
07-25-2010, 02:07 PM
I rate this article: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I rate this article: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Agreed... I love the comments the guy got at the end, it makes it even funnier. All the LeBron bashers compiling nonsense about how awesome of a writer this guy is. :laugh2:

nolafan33
07-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Kind of move away from the article, I love how guys are saying the Hornets have barely any talent.

David West, Emeka Okafor, Darren Collison, Marcus Thornton, Craig Brackins, Quincy Pondexter and of course Chris Paul.

That's good talent.

thekmp211
07-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Kind of move away from the article, I love how guys are saying the Hornets have barely any talent.

David West, Emeka Okafor, Darren Collison, Marcus Thornton, Craig Brackins, Quincy Pondexter and of course Chris Paul.

That's good talent.

its okay talent. that team isn't competing in the west, be real.

i dont disagree with paul's inclination to move on. the hornets made similar blunders in compiling his supporting cast, and new orleans now hangs its hat on the saints.

this turd that wrote the article though...wow. sounds like the opinion of someone who has never done anything remotely related to what he's writing about.

nolafan33
07-25-2010, 03:43 PM
its okay talent. that team isn't competing in the west, be real.

i dont disagree with paul's inclination to move on. the hornets made similar blunders in compiling his supporting cast, and new orleans now hangs its hat on the saints.

this turd that wrote the article though...wow. sounds like the opinion of someone who has never done anything remotely related to what he's writing about.

I am being real, how many teams can actually compete with the Lakers in the West? Not many.

I don't disagree with Chris either, but the thing that has gone unmentioned through this whole thing is that Chris is quite possibly the biggest reason the Hornets are strapped for cash as it is. His "win now" mentality put a stress on the front office to satisfy him when the team or organization clearly was not ready to contend.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 04:34 PM
He signed the f'n contract. its guaranteed money, there has to be some level of commitment. He signed the contract, therefore IMO he should finish it out and then decide where he wants to play. I also lost a lot of respect for Paul (who I always admired) when he said at Carmelo's wedding that he, Melo and Amare would be teaming up in New York to form their own super team (this while he was still under contract with New Orleans).

yes he has a contract and there should be some level of commitment there, but the team should also commit to putting the best level of talent together.

lets not disillusion ourselves, the days of guys being loyal to a fault are over. Because the owners are no better, its a business and about money for both sides.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:37 PM
yes he has a contract and there should be some level of commitment there, but the team should also commit to putting the best level of talent together.

lets not disillusion ourselves, the days of guys being loyal to a fault are over. Because the owners are no better, its a business and about money for both sides.

Exactly.. All of the "I can't believe he's doing that to his team" stuff is blown out of proportion... Look at Dan Gilbert, the way he dogged LeBron after he singlehandedly doubled his net worth... The owners are just as bad. I mean, what big move have the Hornets ever made to make that team better for Chris? Peja? PLEASE!

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 04:43 PM
good for gilbert on telling everyone how he felt, he went a bit over the top but he said what was on his entire fan bases mind.

Sports as a whole stopped being about loyalty decades ago.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-25-2010, 04:45 PM
good for gilbert on telling everyone how he felt, he went a bit over the top but he said what was on his entire fan bases mind.

Sports as a whole stopped being about loyalty decades ago.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you... LeBron has gotten that man so paid over the past 7 years..

tc2deuce
07-25-2010, 04:48 PM
CP3 loves NO....but there is no chance in Hell that the Hornets will win a title with shinn as owner....that is a fact!

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 04:52 PM
You don't bite the hand that feeds you... LeBron has gotten that man so paid over the past 7 years..

it goes both ways.
gilbert gave him the keys to the kingdom and let his goons run amok.

now im not saying lebron was obligated to stay, but he could have been a bit more professional in his manner of leaving. His comments at the end made him sound like a child.

NYY 26 to 7
07-25-2010, 05:25 PM
It is great to get great players and Miami fans should be thrilled that they should win a few championships over the next 6 years but how can you really doubt LeBron's ego that he want to dictate what Paul does. I think Lebron had no idea how bad the backlash would be (people hating him and saying now he is a quitter and has ruined his legacy). These things are tearing him up.

But besides being happy about having a great team how can you support LeBron at every turn? Just because he is on your team? Does that automatically make him a good guy? Do you think he cares about your fan bases or Miami or the franchise at all? Is a player like that someone you should love and root for (besides on the court since he is on your team).

I am a Yankee fan and love Arod as a player root for him like crazy but won't say that people that bash him are just haters. Do you really think he is good for the NBA?

Frezhnitz
07-25-2010, 05:29 PM
sweet article. Anyways CP3 isn't going anywhere. He's still on contract and it was his decision to sign an extension. Plus they have a pretty decent team. If they were in the east, they would make the playoffs every year. CP3 just needs to play his contract out.

nolafan33
07-25-2010, 05:44 PM
CP3 loves NO....but there is no chance in Hell that the Hornets will win a title with shinn as owner....that is a fact!

Which is probably a big reason why the team will not be Shinns for much longer.

It is great to get great players and Miami fans should be thrilled that they should win a few championships over the next 6 years but how can you really doubt LeBron's ego that he want to dictate what Paul does. I think Lebron had no idea how bad the backlash would be (people hating him and saying now he is a quitter and has ruined his legacy). These things are tearing him up.

But besides being happy about having a great team how can you support LeBron at every turn? Just because he is on your team? Does that automatically make him a good guy? Do you think he cares about your fan bases or Miami or the franchise at all? Is a player like that someone you should love and root for (besides on the court since he is on your team).

I am a Yankee fan and love Arod as a player root for him like crazy but won't say that people that bash him are just haters. Do you really think he is good for the NBA?

My thoughts are this. I don't hate Lebron, I don't think he quit on his team or ruined his legacy. He was a free agent and had the RIGHT to go wherever he felt was right. Infact, I applaud him for not chasing the money and instead chasing the ring. That is something you don't see too much, it seems like it's always about money for pro athletes.

Now what I do have a problem with is he feels he has the right to tell other players that they should demand trades and he can tell them where they should or shouldn't go. Maverick Carter and Lebrons whole "team" is way out of line, and quite frankly a joke. Why the NBA even puts up with groups like "LRMR" or whatever it's called is beyond me. Maybe it should be called L&3C for Lebron and 3 clingons.

How anyone can say this group ISN'T using CP is beyond me.

skip113
07-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Down with Stern

LEBRON FOR COMMISSIONER!

thekmp211
07-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I am being real, how many teams can actually compete with the Lakers in the West? Not many.

I don't disagree with Chris either, but the thing that has gone unmentioned through this whole thing is that Chris is quite possibly the biggest reason the Hornets are strapped for cash as it is. His "win now" mentality put a stress on the front office to satisfy him when the team or organization clearly was not ready to contend.

uh, what? it's his fault that he became (arguably, i guess) the best point guard in the league and almost led the upstart hornets to victory over the spurs in 2008? that he made them a contender when his second and third best players were david west and tyson chandler?

was he also the acting GM during the season? did he sign peja stojakovic, chandler, trade for okafor and mo pete and draft poorly (until last season). their best prospect is a point guard?

not trying to be an *** at all, i just think that teams and fanbases take the notion of athletes owing them something a little too seriously. did chris paul and lebron james (not to bring him up again, just an example) gain a lot from their respective cities? yes. did their success and fame transcend the sport with its impact in those cities? yes.

but at the end of the day they are professional athletes paid to compete and win. they are programmed to need winning. anyone who has excelled on a personal level while part of a subpar team effort knows the feeling. it's not like these guys could have ONLY played for their respective teams. the lakers, knicks, hell the patriots would have drafted lebron james with the number one pick. paul went to new orleans as the result of some questionable draft picks made before the hornets. the franchise is still responsible for making high quality decisions even after they draft their messiah. that's their job.

the cavs and hornets have made some mistakes. well-intended, im sure, but mistakes nonetheless. paul and james are supposed to become the next generation of stat-stuffing losers so a bunch of sports fans dont get their feelings hurt?

they have 12, 15 years at best to chase the dream. i know there are other considerations at play as always but i dont doubt the desire to win. you dont become this good without a drive to win, unless you are vince carter.

if paul wants to ask for a trade, and the hornets are willing to accommodate him, what's the problem? he's earned his value and the right to use it to his advantage. that's capitalism, baby.

Killabeaz
07-26-2010, 03:22 AM
I'm a fan of the game and frankly athletes that act like whiny self-centered chicks annoy me. But what's even worse is when franchises don't have the stones to play hardball.

Chris Paul is great, no argument, but when last I checked he missed 37 games last year. Also, Darren Collison could end up being just as good as he is. If I'm NO management, I tell CP3 (or maybe he should be called C3PO since he is acting like Lebron's robot), "Hey dude, sorry 'bout Tyson Chandler and firing Byron Scott, both were dumb moves made by the old guard, but its a new day and we are committed to winning." If he doesn't like that, then I just hold up his contract and say, "See where you signed--4 years 68 mill, suck on that.:D" If he is unhappy, put his *** on the bench and build around Collison. CP3's got too much professional pride to pull a Vince Carter so he'll want to play. Plus, he'll want to keep his standing as one of the league's top point guards so when/if he leaves he can still garner max/near max money.

Am I talking out of my ***? Of course, this is a forum! But consider this--when Kobe tried to ***** his way out of LA, the Lakers sacked up and were like no. They were able to acquire some pieces to help him and if memory serves that worked out pretty well for both.

But if you are gonna trade C3P0, at least get some talent for him. Don't get hosed (C. Webb for Mitch Richmond, anybody?:(), and don't just make some deal because another millionaire athlete is "unhappy."

nolafan33
07-26-2010, 12:25 PM
uh, what? it's his fault that he became (arguably, i guess) the best point guard in the league and almost led the upstart hornets to victory over the spurs in 2008? that he made them a contender when his second and third best players were david west and tyson chandler?

was he also the acting GM during the season? did he sign peja stojakovic, chandler, trade for okafor and mo pete and draft poorly (until last season). their best prospect is a point guard?

not trying to be an *** at all, i just think that teams and fanbases take the notion of athletes owing them something a little too seriously. did chris paul and lebron james (not to bring him up again, just an example) gain a lot from their respective cities? yes. did their success and fame transcend the sport with its impact in those cities? yes.

but at the end of the day they are professional athletes paid to compete and win. they are programmed to need winning. anyone who has excelled on a personal level while part of a subpar team effort knows the feeling. it's not like these guys could have ONLY played for their respective teams. the lakers, knicks, hell the patriots would have drafted lebron james with the number one pick. paul went to new orleans as the result of some questionable draft picks made before the hornets. the franchise is still responsible for making high quality decisions even after they draft their messiah. that's their job.

the cavs and hornets have made some mistakes. well-intended, im sure, but mistakes nonetheless. paul and james are supposed to become the next generation of stat-stuffing losers so a bunch of sports fans dont get their feelings hurt?

they have 12, 15 years at best to chase the dream. i know there are other considerations at play as always but i dont doubt the desire to win. you dont become this good without a drive to win, unless you are vince carter.

if paul wants to ask for a trade, and the hornets are willing to accommodate him, what's the problem? he's earned his value and the right to use it to his advantage. that's capitalism, baby.

Can you honestly say that Hornets team was ready to contend? No SG, a SF who can't stay healthy, no bench, and bad coaching at times. That Hornets team WASN'T ready to contend.

Before that, you have (like you mentioned) the trade for Chandler, the signing of Peja, the signing of Mo Pete. Like I said, that all happened because Chris had driven the "win now" idea into the Hornets heads. If you deny that, then you clearly don't know enough about the Hornets or Chris Paul to even take part in the conversation. Not trying to be an *** either, but that's the truth.

Trading for Chandler was fine, nobody knew he would develop a foot condition that would never get better, permanantly anyway. But trading and signing an aging Peja, signing Mo Pete who couldn't even start for the Raptors, and then the season after signing Posey. Sure, you can put it on the GM, it ultimately cost him his job. But don't fool yourself into thinking Chris Paul and Byron Scott (buddies) weren't in the background egging him on.

I think Chris owes New Orleans one thing and one thing only. He shuts up and plays out his contract, or atleast a year of it. He's pissed because the Hornets promised him last offseason that they'd put players around him while he was in New Orleans, guess what? They still have 2 seasons to fulfill that promise.