PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Want Okafor Included In Any Chris Paul Deal

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Link (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/paul_out_effort_EcyvQVSiHUEs2x3BguzHoM#ixzz0uW9TBR Bo#ixzz0uW9TBRBo)

Paul makes $15 million this season. The Knicks are $2.5M under the cap, so the trade does not have to be dollar-for-dollar.

Speculation is the Hornets would want teams to take on the lousy long-term pact of center Emeka Okafor, who has four years and $52M left. Okafor is a center the Knicks can use, but his addition negates their chances of offering Anthony the maximum.

A CBSSportsline.com report quoted a person close to Paul as saying, "He wants out. He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron's model of teaming up with other great players."

And ESPN.com quoted an insider as confirming the Paul toast and adding "Those [three] guys want to beat the three guys in Miami."

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
That's going to make it a lot more difficult.

zambo4president
07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Gonna be almost impossible to work that out.

KnicksorBust
07-23-2010, 05:05 PM
You can't balk at a CP3 deal because Okafor would block Melo. Even if the Knicks have only a 10% chance of getting him they should be all over this right now. Okafor would be a nice defensive piece next to Amar'e in the frontcourt.

SupeUnagi
07-23-2010, 05:05 PM
expected

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
You can't balk at a CP3 deal because Okafor would block Melo. Even if the Knicks have only a 10% chance of getting him they should be all over this right now. Okafor would be a nice defensive piece next to Amar'e in the frontcourt.

Agreed. You gotta get one first to entice the other to even want to come.

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I'd take on Okafor for Chris Paul.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 05:08 PM
enter the lakers , now we have barnes we can get rid of artest `+ sashas expiring `+ bynum

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I agree.

They just dont have the contracts to take on CP3 & Okafor right now.

The only way for it to work is that they have to part with at least 5 players. You know what 5 I am talking about:

Curry
Turiaf
Randolph
Chandler
Azabuike

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
enter the lakers , now we have barnes we can get rid of artest `+ sashas expiring `+ bynum

What an awful deal that would be.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:11 PM

This.

:laugh2:

Not to mention CP3 is limited in the Triangle Offense, and without the ball in his hands to properly run the offense.

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 05:11 PM
I agree.

The only way for it to work is that they have to part with at least 5 players. You know what 5 I am talking about:

Curry
Turiaf
Randolph
Chandler
Azabuike

I'd trade those 5 players for Chris Paul and Okafor, lol. Randolph is the only one I'd hate to part with.

metsbulls1025
07-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Knicks get - Chris Paul and Sonny Weems

Toronto gets - Emeka Okafor ( replace bosh ) and Bill Walker

Hornets get - Eddy Curry ( Big Expiring ) and Jose Calderon ( Replace Paul )

Jays Claw
07-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Why did the Hornets trade for Emeka Okafor last year? :confused:

Weren't they trying to rid themselves of salary? I mean, trading Tyson Chandler (who makes less salary) for Emeka Okafor (who has a larger contract) back then wasn't necessarily going to relieve them of cap space.

king4day
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
This makes sense, but they're likely to get less back. This would also eliminate the Knicks (barring a multiteam deal) since they need that room for a shot at Melo.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd trade those 5 players for Chris Paul and Okafor, lol. Randolph is the only one I'd hate to part with.

I would too, but that is a lot to give up and who knows if NO even takes that deal.

They'd essentially be trading CP3 for Randolph.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:16 PM

Weren't they trying to rid themselves of salary? I mean, trading Tyson Chandler (who makes less salary) for Emeka Okafor (who has a larger contract) back then wasn't necessarily going to relieve them of cap space.

It will be viewed as one of those deals that made 0 sense. Okafor is a superior player to Chandler, but the Hornets' issues with salary makes the deal mindboggling.

Kobe5RingKing
07-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Paul & Okafor
Sasha, Walton, Odom, Blake

Iron24th

Yeah give up a defensive force + a dominant 7 footers! Great idea :facepalm:

Kobe5RingKing
Paul & Okafor
Carter & Bass

Bucsfan
07-23-2010, 05:18 PM
thats alot of contracts to take on...not many teams could pull it off

maybe paul and okafor to the nets?

Kobe5RingKing
07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I cant see any knick trade including Okafor

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:20 PM

Nets make the most sense, but they cant move some guys until the 15th.

JNA17
07-23-2010, 05:20 PM
like i said, bynum, sasha, luke, 2 first round picks for paul and okafor.

get er done :D

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Nets make the most sense, but they cant move some guys until the 15th.

I think Houston makes a lot of sense as well but like the Nets, they would need a third team to get involved (Pacers).

tredigs
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
I agree.

Curry
Turiaf
Randolph
Chandler
Azabuike

It's amazing to me that those players you're listing are Knicks, and not Warriors. Different Curry, but still - Smh

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Hahaha

:facepalm:

Because Jeff Bower is an idiot

Paul & Okafor

Paul & Okafor
Carter & Bass

How much dumber are they going to get?

Who do the Nets have to offer?

like i said, bynum, sasha, luke, 2 first round picks for paul and okafor.

get er done :D

So two 1st round picks?

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree.

Curry
Turiaf
Randolph
Chandler
Azabuike

Where's Gallo?!?:D

zambo4president
07-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Knicks should be allover this though. No guarantee Melo is coming next season, you guys wanna play the waiting game again and get duped once again? Paul's a top 3 PG and Okafor is being treated like he's garbage. The guy can still put up a double double and he's a strong defender, Amare would really appreciate the help he'd get from Okafor in the post.

R_O_W_E
I cant see any knick trade including Okafor

As mentioned earlier:

Hornets:

Wilson Chandler
Anthony Randolph
Kelenna Azabuike
Ronny Turiaf
Eddy Curry
Cash Considerations

Knicks:
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor

or

Hornets:

Tony Douglas
Anthony Randolph
Kelenna Azabuike
Ronny Turiaf
Eddy Curry
Cash Considerations

Knicks:
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor

bkmikeyy
This makes sense, but they're likely to get less back. This would also eliminate the Knicks (barring a multiteam deal) since they need that room for a shot at Melo.

Knicks don't NEED Melo if they can get their hands on Paul. They need Paul more than they do Melo. If they have any chance of getting Paul you pull the trigger on it immediately because Paul, Gallo/Randolph, Amare is a very solid team. Why would they pass on Paul for a very slight chance at Melo in 2011.

Lo Porto
07-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I agree.

Curry
Turiaf
Randolph
Chandler
Azabuike

Or if NO and NY can wait until December 15, it could be Felton, Chandler, Randolph, Curry and Buike for Paul and Okafor. NY would try to dump Turiaf for a trade exception somewhere (Utah makes perfect sense). NY would have the following guys under contract for next summer's pursuit of Melo:

Paul, Douglas, Gallinari, Amare, Okafor and the Russian center. Even if Melo doesn't come, that lineup has the base to be special. Okafor and Amare provide everything in the post, Gallinari stretches the floor and Paul does what he does.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
It's amazing to me that those players you're listing are Knicks, and not Warriors. Different Curry, but still - Smh

Warriors fan here.

You also upset about the Lee trade?

arkanian215
Knicks don't NEED Melo if they can get their hands on Paul. They need Paul more than they do Melo. If they have any chance of getting Paul you pull the trigger on it immediately because Paul, Gallo, Randolph, Amare is a very solid team. Why would they pass on Paul for a very slight chance at Melo in 2011.

Then what are they giving up for Paul...

Statik1

Fail harder....

c'mon I expect more out of you!

netsgiantsyanks

um... randolph and azibuike are with the knicks. ya forgot??

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Or if NO and NY can wait until December 15, it could be Felton, Chandler, Randolph, Curry and Buike for Paul and Okafor. NY would try to dump Turiaf for a trade exception somewhere (Utah makes perfect sense). NY would have the following guys under contract for next summer's pursuit of Melo:

Paul, Douglas, Gallinari, Amare, Okafor and the Russian center. Even if Melo doesn't come, that lineup has the base to be special. Okafor and Amare provide everything in the post, Gallinari stretches the floor and Paul does what he does.

I think NO would be willing to wait, but would Paul be willing?

I think Chandler, Gallo, and Randolph would all have to be a aprt of the deal.

Knicks get: West and Paul
Hornets get: Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas, Curry.

bkmikeyy
07-23-2010, 05:28 PM

I fixed it i mean gallo/randolph.... since Okafor is coming with his large contract both shouldn't be necessary to make the trade.

DE9394
send them both to detroit

R_O_W_E

I dont see NO taking on Felton when they already have Collison in place. They'd need a 3rd team to get involved to get Felton, and send picks/players to the Hornets.

Houston needs a 3rd team involved for Brooks.
New Jersey needs a 3rd team involved for Harris.
New York needs a 3rd team involved for Felton.

Either way, however it goes down it is a blockbuster deal.

cheetos185
07-23-2010, 05:29 PM
knicks should go for CP3 if all it cost them is curry expring AR and take back okafor plus salary fillers also i'm sure knicks can work around with felton's contract plus chandler and gallo to clear room for melo next year

Mplsman
07-23-2010, 05:30 PM

Great SIG.

netsgiantsyanks
07-23-2010, 05:31 PM
i got one

pistons trade:kwame brown and rodney stuckey
hornets trade: chris paul and emeka okafor

:)

Bridgmaster
i think the Spurs should try to get them and have a line up of

Paul
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Okafur

Thats a great lineup

JerseysFinest
so now it has to be a team that can handle okafor's contract? I think NJ can cover Okafor's contract with what's left of their cap, without a 3rd team? Or is that not possible?

jmoney85
07-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I dont see NO taking on Felton when they already have Collison in place. They'd need a 3rd team to get involved to get Felton, and send picks/players to the Hornets.

Houston needs a 3rd team involved for Brooks.
New Jersey needs a 3rd team involved for Harris.
New York needs a 3rd team involved for Felton.

Either way, however it goes down it is a blockbuster deal.

1st of all you cant trade a player you just signed

to NO : devin Harris terrence williams 1st round pick

to NJ : paul emeka

maynevent
I agree.

Curry
Turiaf
Randolph
Chandler
Azabuike

The knicks cant trade all 3 of the players they aquired from the warriors only seperatly (league rules) and raymond felton cant be traded for 90 days. If chris paul really pushes the hornets for the knicks this could be in the knicks favor. Curry Douglas Chandler walker and a pick for cp3 and okafor. haha id do it. that would give the knicks the best pg duo in the league after having the worst in the league for the past 9 years.

Patrick Swayze
i got one

pistons trade:kwame brown and rodney stuckey
hornets trade: Chris paul and emeka okafor

:)

perfect!!!!

R_O_W_E
I think NO would be willing to wait, but would Paul be willing?
Last thing any Franchise wants to do is move their Franchise player in the middle of a season. Last time it happened Toronto got raped because teams knew that they had to deal him, Nets swooped in and made the most lopsided deal in NBA history.

I think Chandler, Gallo, and Randolph would all have to be a aprt of the deal.

Knicks get: West and Paul
Hornets get: Gallo, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas, Curry.

Knicks would be screwed moving Gallo. They wont have anybody on the court to knock down 3's. Gallo has a higher upside than Randolph, IMO and I am a huge Randolph fan.

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 05:33 PM

2nd of all the Nets don't have what it takes.

R_O_W_E

Obviously, I've pointed that out.

SluggeR
Knicks don't NEED Melo if they can get their hands on Paul. They need Paul more than they do Melo. If they have any chance of getting Paul you pull the trigger on it immediately because Paul, Gallo/Randolph, Amare is a very solid team. Why would they pass on Paul for a very slight chance at Melo in 2011.

I totally agree. CP3 would be more important to the Knicks than Melo. A superstar pg is much harder to obtain than a stud wingplayer. Just think about the history of Knicks when it comes to the pg position...ugghh. Get CP3 and figure Melo out later, if ever. Randolph/Chandler/TD/Curry/Turiaf/draft picks. I know that New York doesn't have to match dollar for dollar, but what about the Hornets?Being that we are trading with them, would we then have to match dollar for dollar?

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:34 PM
The knicks cant trade all 3 of the players they aquired from the warriors only seperatly (league rules) and raymond felton cant be traded for 90 days. If chris paul really pushes the hornets for the knicks this could be in the knicks favor. Curry Douglas Chandler walker and a pick for cp3 and okafor. haha id do it. that would give the knicks the best pg duo in the league after having the worst in the league for the past 9 years.

Link?

Felton cant be traded until December 15.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-23-2010, 05:34 PM
please go to the knicks and beat the evil empire

JerseysFinest
07-23-2010, 05:35 PM
2nd of all the Nets don't have what it takes.

how does nj not have what it takes? b4 the draft, the nets wer in serious discussions with New Orleans to take back Okafor and Paul for the 3rd pick and other assets, if they wanted they could get it done

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Paul & Okafor

you can't trade blake

Paul & Okafor
Carter & Bass

fail

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 05:38 PM
how does nj not have what it takes? b4 the draft, the nets wer in serious discussions with New Orleans to take back Okafor and Paul for the 3rd pick and other assets, if they wanted they could get it done

I guess it wasn't good enough.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

this:up:

pull the trigger and start winning now

DRE'-MAC
Aaron Brooks, Jordan Hill, Shane Battier, Jared Jeffries, David Andersen, NY Knicks 2011 1st round pick for CP3 and Emeka Okafor.

BKNets21
so now it has to be a team that can handle okafor's contract? I think NJ can cover Okafor's contract with what's left of their cap, without a 3rd team? Or is that not possible?

That's possible I think, I hope anyway.

I would be willing to absorb Okafor's contract for CP3.

dtmagnet

We wouldn't trade Sonny Weems for Okafor unless we were also getting Paul.

clutchfan
I think Houston makes a lot of sense as well but like the Nets, they would need a third team to get involved (Pacers).

Finally someone mentioned the Rockets. They have a lot of pieces to get a deal done. (including draft picks)

Aaron Brooks
Chase Budinger
Jeffries (expiring contract)
Harris/Johnson(non-guaranteed)
2011 NY(swap)pick & 2011 Clipps 2nd rd(swap)pick
2012 NY pick & 2012 HOU 2nd rd pick
Jordan Hill or Jermaine Taylor

for

Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor

netsgiantsyanks
07-23-2010, 05:42 PM

:clap::clap: congrats. that was the worst trade idea i've ever seen in my life.

The Dream
07-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Net fans ... please stop trying to include your team in all trade talks involving CP3. Nobody wants to go to an irrelevant basketball town.. i mean seriously... quit dreaming

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Aaron Brooks, Jordan Hill, Shane Battier, Jared Jeffries, David Andersen, NY Knicks 2011 1st round pick for CP3 and Emeka Okafor.

1. The center piece is Brooks, who plays a duplicate position as Collison. Rockets would need a 3rd team for Brooks. A Collison-Brooks back court is too small and would get destroyed defensively.

2. Knicks' 2011 1st Round Pick can't be traded because it still belongs to the Knicks. Knicks can't trade it either. Thats because Houston only has the option to swap picks with NY if they dont get the #1 pick. Same way with 2012, Rockets can't move those picks until they've actually acquired them post-Lottery.

Where is Jermaine Taylor? Chase Budinger?

netsgiantsyanks
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
if jeff bower's dumb *** didnt trade for okafor in the first place, the hornets wouldnt be in this crap. no ones taking on emeka okafor's contract. other gms arent as stupid as jeff bower.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Net fans ... please stop trying to include your team in all trade talks involving CP3. Nobody wants to go to an irrelevant basketball town.. i mean seriously... quit dreaming

Shots fired.

netsgiantsyanks
07-23-2010, 05:45 PM

our free agent signings beg to differ.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Link?

Felton cant be traded until December 15.

I think that's only for players acquired if you're already over the cap. If they were traded into cap space, they seem to be limited to just the reacquiring rule.

The Dream
07-23-2010, 05:48 PM
our free agent signings beg to differ.

Yeah great offseason ...:facepalm:

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 05:50 PM

Sorry last time I checked, CP3 doesn't have a say in where he goes. Besides, which Nets fans said that the Nets were the best team for Paul to end up? Being a good trade partner doesn't necessarily have to be a good thing for Paul. NOH are gonna make a trade that's best for their organization if they're trading Paul.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 05:50 PM
if jeff bower's dumb *** didnt trade for okafor in the first place, the hornets wouldnt be in this crap. no ones taking on emeka okafor's contract. other gms arent as stupid as jeff bower.

Well if it lands them CP3, it's well worth it.

jiggin
07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
they will be blazers at some point...watch it happen.

Lo Porto
07-23-2010, 05:52 PM

If the Nets were willing to take Okafor, I think that would have happened already. NO does not want Okafor.

The Dream
07-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry last time I checked, CP3 doesn't have a say in where he goes. Besides, which Nets fans said that the Nets were the best team for Paul to end up?

Every time I read CP3 to Nets it's a delusional Net fan. In no way does Chris Paul want to go to NJ so I'll kindly ask you Net fans to quit it!:mad:

Green Storm
07-23-2010, 05:53 PM
WELL DUH!

Seriously who ****ing thought that Hornets would trade CP3 and not have it involve Okafor?

nycsports2
07-23-2010, 05:58 PM
3 way trade?

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Every time I read CP3 to Nets it's a delusional Net fan. In no way does Chris Paul want to go to NJ so I'll kindly ask you Net fans to quit it!:mad:

If CP3 can put up with 5 seasons in New Orleans and Oklahoma City, he wouldn't have much of a problem in Newark. :puke:

Its not that far from New York anyways if you can handle traffic.

The Knicks just have an established commodity in Amare compared to Lopez in New Jersey. I have a feeling Lopez establishes himself this season as the 2nd Best C in the East.

nycsports2
07-23-2010, 06:00 PM

:clap:

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 06:03 PM

If I were the Hornets GM, I would think the Nets are a strong possibility. If Paul demands a trade, I couldn't care less where he wants to go since as far as I know, he does not have a no trade clause. The Nets currently have $14 milish in cap space. That's enough to eat Okafor's entire contract without taking back a contract. That saves the Hornets money (something that looks like a big factor in this considering they want Okafor in the package if Paul is traded). I would look for a third team the facilitate the deal (the Pacers). They just stocked up on some decent young players that I can use in the rebuilding and Devin Harris can go their way. I can get several young players from the Nets and a couple from the Pacers.

Is that the best package I can get? Possibly since it achieves many of the objectives that I want to accomplish (get rid of bad contracts, get multiple good young talents for Paul). In the end, I don't care what CP3 wants. I'm going to do my job and do what's best for NOH.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
If I were the Hornets GM, I would think the Nets are a strong possibility. If Paul demands a trade, I couldn't care less where he wants to go since as far as I know, he does not have a no trade clause. The Nets currently have $14 milish in cap space. That's enough to eat Okafor's entire contract without taking back a contract. That saves the Hornets money (something that looks like a big factor in this considering they want Okafor in the package if Paul is traded). I would look for a third team the facilitate the deal (the Pacers). They just stocked up on some decent young players that I can use in the rebuilding and Devin Harris can go their way. I can get several young players from the Nets and a couple from the Pacers.

Is that the best package I can get? Possibly since it achieves many of the objectives that I want to accomplish (get rid of bad contracts, get multiple good young talents for Paul). In the end, I don't care what CP3 wants. I'm going to do my job and do what's best for NOH.

Great point.

Dont forget to mention Billy King is a good GM when it comes to drafting, not exactly when it comes to signing FA's or resigning his own players. With that mixed in with a dedicated owner with his reputation on the line in the next 5 years, the Nets aren't that bad of an option.

valade16
07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Why is no one commenting on the Blazers. They have probably the most pieces to make a deal of all the teams in this race:

Jerryd Bayless
Rudy Fernandez
Nicolas Batum
Greg Oden
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andre Miller (Exp.)
Joel Przyzbilla (Exp.)

Plus 1st round picks and plenty of cash (thanks Allen!) to throw around...

I'd take a deal of Batum, Fernandez, and Bayless over Chandler, Randolph, and Walker any day...

Don Starks
07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
first of all why do all these laker fans want chris paul? you run the triangle, its prb the team with the least need for a superstar point guard of any team.

second of all, if the Hornets expect a team to take back Omeka, then they have to expect the team trading for paul wont send back much talent. you can trade a superstar to dump a huge contract, or for picks and prospects but not for both.

so if hypothetically the knicks trade for paul they would have to take back omeka. I dont expect them to give up Gallo and randolph together, or even wilson and gallo or any kind of pairing of their young talent if they are taking on a contract that prevents them from melo next season. your cutting off your nose despite your face.

why rid yourself of a talented nucleus as well as a chance at mello? it makes little sense for the knicks if they have to give up more then one piece (gallo, randolph, wilson) and take on omeka.

Raph12
07-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Orlando could take his contract as well as Posey's, this hurts NY's chances...

Silent
07-23-2010, 06:25 PM

u need to stick to wrestling brutha

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2010, 06:27 PM

exactly.

we're talking about arguably the best PG in the NBA (i think him being injured is making a lot of people underrate him).

Melo is no guarantee next year, so you gotta make this move.

scutch11
07-23-2010, 06:32 PM
trust me, if taking on okafor means getting cp3 AND keeping one of gallo/randolph...the knicks will do it IN A SECOND

were not playing the waiting game for free agents anymore, as much as i want melo, and cp3 would be more important to our team anyway

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Why is no one commenting on the Blazers. They have probably the most pieces to make a deal of all the teams in this race:

Jerryd Bayless
Rudy Fernandez
Nicolas Batum
Greg Oden
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andre Miller (Exp.)
Joel Przyzbilla (Exp.)

I'd take a deal of Batum, Fernandez, and Bayless over Chandler, Randolph, and Walker any day...

Does he want to go to Portland?:confused:

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 06:35 PM

Jerryd Bayless
Rudy Fernandez
Nicolas Batum
Greg Oden
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andre Miller (Exp.)
Joel Przyzbilla (Exp.)

We were waiting for you.

I like POR as well if I'm Dell Demps. Oden has been a beast when healthy, but that doesn't happen too often. They have plenty of nice upside guys like the ones you mentioned and the rights to Victor Claver, Joel Freeland and Peteri Kopponen.

Chronz
07-23-2010, 06:36 PM
If someone takes Posey too, they win

valade16
07-23-2010, 06:37 PM

According to Broussard (I know, not exactly the most reliable source) his spots he'd like to play include Boston, Portland, Orlando, and the big one, NYK.

Whether he wants to or not, no denying they have arguably the most talented team of all the teams talked about in this forum outside LA (NYK, NJ, Houston, etc...).

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 06:42 PM
According to Broussard (I know, not exactly the most reliable source) his spots he'd like to play include Boston, Portland, Orlando, and the big one, NYK.

Whether he wants to or not, no denying they have arguably the most talented team of all the teams talked about in this forum outside LA (NYK, NJ, Houston, etc...).

Portland makes sense too.

They should hop in the race.

black1605
07-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Bobcats could realistically take all 3 players, but I won't bother suggesting a trade.

Blaze12
07-23-2010, 06:44 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5401230

Yeah it has been mentioned a while ago too. He said something along the lines of not wanting to go to Portland if they had to give up Roy or Aldridge to get him. There are plenty of assets and cash to get this done if he ends up getting traded.

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 06:46 PM
3 way trade?

That seems like the only possible way if Okafor is involved.

Jerryd Bayless
Rudy Fernandez
Nicolas Batum
Greg Oden
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andre Miller (Exp.)
Joel Przyzbilla (Exp.)

Those are the only guys I was from Portland. But I like what the Knicks have over Portland. Portland is my 2nd choice behind NY.

And the Nets?:laugh2::laugh2::facepalm:

knickfan33
07-23-2010, 06:53 PM
knicks should just sign derron williams, he's a better distributor then Paul, and a much better fit for the Dantoni system, and they will still have money for Melo.

fishfan79
07-23-2010, 06:57 PM

like the knicks right?

black1605
07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Without taking Posey we could do Paul for Dampier, and in a separate trade, send Mohammed, Henderson, and Brown to the Hornets for Okafor.

Obviously this is unrealistic, but it is 23 million dollars off the books for an owner desperate to sell the team by seasons end, 13 of which is immediate and doesn't even have to be paid out. Not to mention the overall ~103 million over the next four seasons.

P.S. I know it won't happen, so don't waste your time jumping down my throat, but I would have to imagine Paul at least considering playing with a lineup of:

Paul
Jackson
Wallace
Thomas
Okafor

topdog
07-23-2010, 07:02 PM
If you can get Paul and a decent center who can allow Amare to play PF, go for it and worry about Anthony later. At worst, you overpay someone to take Okafor once you have Melo as a free agent.

ballerallday81
07-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Suggested Trade:

Portland Gets:
Chris Paul- 14.9 Mil.

New Orleans:
Joel Pryzbilla- 7.4 Mil. Exp.
Andre Miller- 7.2 Mil. Exp.
Jerryd Bayless- 2.2 Mil. Exp.
Kris Humphries- 3.2 Mil. Exp.
Terrence Williams- 2.2 Mil. Exp

New Jersey Gets:
Rudy Fernandez- 1.2 Mil.
Emeka Okafor- 11.4 Mil.

New Orleans gets nice talent and 5 expiring contracts.
Portland gets the coveted Chris Paul
I say this trade works out since Fernandez gets to go where he wants, a big city and playing time.
And paul allen could throw in 3 million to n.o

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Suggested Trade:

Portland Gets:
Chris Paul- 14.9 Mil.

New Orleans:

New Jersey Gets:
Rudy Fernandez- 1.2 Mil.
Emeka Okafor- 11.4 Mil.

I say this trade works out since Fernandez gets to go where he wants, a big city and playing time.

in b4 all hell breaks loose

Sportsnut88
07-23-2010, 07:06 PM

I believe its Portland, Orlando, NYK, & Dallas. :)

Reyes6
07-23-2010, 07:09 PM
I'd be surprised if he left New Orleans, he's the best Point Guard in the game when healthy. You can debate Deron Williams, but Paul can get you the most assists, steals, and makes everyone around him better. I just hope we get to see Paul live up to his full potential wherever he plays.

SF25
07-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Not surprising. Portland has already said they will gladly take Okafor if we get CP3.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-23-2010, 07:10 PM
The Knicks could trade everyone on their team minus Amare in a CP3 + Okafor deal, restructure Amare's deal so that he's not making so much next year (down to 15 mil), same with CP3 (15) and try to sign Melo for less (15) in the offseason. Add them up and you're around 58 and sign vet mins.

But yeah, there's no way this is happening.

ballerallday81
07-23-2010, 07:11 PM

in b4 all hell breaks loose

Better than bass and carter for paul and okafor.
And i love your sig. No homo

PatsSoxKnicks
07-23-2010, 07:13 PM
like the knicks right?

Yeah except the ESPN link says the Knicks are #1 on CP3's preferred list of teams. It doesn't mean he gets dealt there but thats where he wants to go the most.

The New York Knicks are the first team on point guard Chris Paul's wish list of clubs he'd like New Orleans to trade him to, according to sources.

In the ideal scenario, Paul and the Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony would wind up in New York to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, forming a big three that could compete with Miami's newly formed super trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"Those guys want to beat the three guys in Miami," a source close to the situation said. A report Wednesday on CBSSports.com said Paul saw what James did in signing to play alongside Wade and Bosh and has designs on doing something similar.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5401230

Nice try though.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 07:13 PM
That seems like the only possible way if Okafor is involved.

Those are the only guys I was from Portland. But I like what the Knicks have over Portland. Portland is my 2nd choice behind NY.

And the Nets?:laugh2::laugh2::facepalm:

What's wrong with the Nets as a potential trade partner for NOH?

nysportsfan23
07-23-2010, 07:17 PM
If ny is taking Oakafor, gallo or Chandler stays in ny, then the death of the melo dream is ok, otherwise idk

PatsSoxKnicks
07-23-2010, 07:18 PM
What's wrong with the Nets as a potential trade partner for NOH?

Because he doesn't want to go there?

And he'll just leave in 2 years?

There's no point for a team making a trade if Paul is going to opt out and leave. What's the point in having him for 2 seasons and then seeing him leaving? The only way that makes sense is if he was convinced he wanted to stay there.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Because he doesn't want to go there?

And he'll just leave in 2 years?

There's no point for a team making a trade if Paul is going to opt out and leave. What's the point in having him for 2 seasons and then seeing him leaving? The only way that makes sense is if he was convinced he wanted to stay there.

He doesn't have a no trade clause.

I was speaking strictly from the point of view of the Hornets. Why wouldn't Demps consider the Nets as a trade partner?

fadedmario
07-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Fox Sports Detroit today said sources close to Joe Dumars were quoted saying Dumars has a deal in place (don't know if its official or in preliminary stages) that would send

Tayshaun Prince
Rodney Stuckey
Ben Gordon
Jason Maxiell
2011 first round pick
2014 first round pick (2014 pick is lottery protected)

for

Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor
filler (no name was mentioned, only a 3rd player)

Chris Paul is one of the best guards in the league. I'm not a homer but I do think it is possible for this offer to acquire him. Problem is. Even though this is probably more than the first teams he showed interest in can offer (don't hate and don't lie to yourself, this is a hard offer to come close too). It's hard to get excited when realistically even if the Pistons did acquire him, It would be hard to resign him. That's alot to give up when two years later all the Pistons would have was Emeka Okafor with a monster contract. If this deal becomes official, I'll find a source and link it. Honestly in my opinion, if this is the official deal (exact trade offer listed above). The only way Dumars makes this offer is if he gets some sort of extension agreement by Chris Paul. Not gonna happen (unless Dumars charms the **** out of him or Carmelo somehow considers Detroit (highly unlikey). At the end of the day its still exciting to at least dream about. If this offer does go through, it will be a legit offer. I know Detroit is not a likely destination for Paul, but it was still exciting to hear the Pistons are gonna take a shot at him.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-23-2010, 07:21 PM
He doesn't have a no trade clause.

I was speaking strictly from the point of view of the Hornets. Why wouldn't Demps consider the Nets as a trade partner?

The Hornets could do the trade but why would the Nets- if he's going to leave in 2 years?

If he has a list and he gives it to the Hornets and says he'll bolt after 2 years if he's traded anywhere else, why would that team want to trade for him?

njnets
07-23-2010, 07:22 PM
in other news, the sky is blue... :p

this is old news. most people knew that they wanted to move okafor, thats why cp3 hasnt been traded...nobody wants to really take on okafor's big ugly contract with cp3.

since the knicks are limited on the number of players they could send, i only see cp3 going to them in a 3 way trade, with the 3rd team getting okafor and cp3 on the knicks obviously.

i think the knicks should just absorb some of it. no guarantee that melo will come to NY. cp3 and amare would be a filthy combo on offense.

i think the only two teams that can trade straight up with the hornets are the nets and blazers. nets have cap room + young players. not sure of the blazers situation, but they have a lot of good pieces they could trade.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-23-2010, 07:26 PM
in other news, the sky is blue... :p

this is old news. most people knew that they wanted to move okafor, thats why cp3 hasnt been traded...nobody wants to really take on okafor's big ugly contract with cp3.

since the knicks are limited on the number of players they could send, i only see cp3 going to them in a 3 way trade, with the 3rd team getting okafor and cp3 on the knicks obviously.

i think the knicks should just absorb some of it. no guarantee that melo will come to NY. cp3 and amare would be a filthy combo on offense.

i think the only two teams that can trade straight up with the hornets are the nets and blazers. nets have cap room + young players. not sure of the blazers situation, but they have a lot of good pieces they could trade.

Yeah I agree, I'd give up Gall too.

The Nets have lots of assets, I won't lie, but if he's not going to stay in NJ, then why would the Nets make the trade?

CP3 does have some power in this situation because he can tell teams, "I'm leaving in 2 years" and that'll give teams pause about whether they should trade for him or not. The team would have to be 100% sure it could 100% convince Paul to stay with them.

The Blazers have a really good shot of getting him, although it would've helped if they didn't fire their genius GM.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 07:27 PM
The Hornets could do the trade but why would the Nets- if he's going to leave in 2 years?

If he has a list and he gives it to the Hornets and says he'll bolt after 2 years if he's traded anywhere else, why would that team want to trade for him?

I know what you're saying. If I were King, I wouldn't do it either. If I were the Hornets, I'd consider the Nets as well. Of course it takes at least two to trade.

BoomDizzle33
07-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Magic:
C.Paul(GOD)
E.Okafor(D.Howard AND E.Okafor?!?)
T.Ford(Expiring)

Hornets:
D.Granger(From NO)
R.Anderson(Potential)
M.Dunleavy(Expiring)

Pacers:
J.Nelson(Starting PG)
V.Carter(Last two years of Vince-Sanity)
B.Bass(Millsap V.2 w/starter mins)

SouljahPhil...
07-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Blazers have the best chance to get him..

Knicks has the prospects but need to wait for dec 15..
No would want Randolph

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Blazers have the best chance to get him..

Knicks has the prospects but need to wait for dec 15..
No would want Randolph

Why would tit have to wait till December 15th? I don't think the Hornets need Felton although it would be nice. Douglas would just be fine.

"No would want Randolph." Do you mean "no one would want Randolph"? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

homestarunner93
07-23-2010, 07:37 PM

:laugh::laugh:

So the Knicks are only going to give up Walker and Curry for Paul and Weems? Dream the **** on.

SouljahPhil...
07-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Why would tit have to wait till December 15th? I don't think the Hornets need Felton although it would be nice. Douglas would just be fine.

"No would want Randolph." Do you mean "no one would want Randolph"? I'd take him in a heartbeat.

My bad...What I meant is NO would want randolph...

Why december? Randolph could not be package in a multiplayer deal..You need to trade him on a 1 for 1 deal..A certain amount of time is needed before a mutiplayer deal involving him possible..

A package of douglas and chandler would not be enough..

gbrl
new york im sure is still in the lead to get him

valade16
Magic:
C.Paul(GOD)
T.Ford(Expiring)

Hornets:
D.Granger(From NO)
R.Anderson(Potential)
M.Dunleavy(Expiring)

Pacers:
J.Nelson(Starting PG)

At the end of the day this is just another disguised way of trying to say Orlando gets Paul and Okafor for Nelson, Carter, and Bass...

It's not gonna happen. That's one of the least attractive offers on the table, none of those guys have any kind of potential, so why bother?

coolmo
07-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Magic:
C.Paul(GOD)
T.Ford(Expiring)

Hornets:
D.Granger(From NO)
R.Anderson(Potential)
M.Dunleavy(Expiring)

Pacers:
J.Nelson(Starting PG)

wow, since when did pacers become charity team in NBA?
giving franchise player away to help other team get franchise player and collect garbages.

DreStylez
07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Okafor
Amare
Randolph
Azabuike
Felton

Bench:
Turiaf
Gallinari
Chandler
Douglas

That's a pretty beast offensive team but no defense

Knickerbocker34
07-23-2010, 07:48 PM
damn the more you think about it the less likely it seems... Chris Paul and the Hornets are scheduled to meet Monday expect fresh rumors from Chris Broussard all week..

RedSoxFan2434
07-23-2010, 07:49 PM
okafor and paul could b two cornerstones of ne franchise for the next 5 years ther a danny granger or a brandon roy away from contending

Jaji
07-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Well that changes everything doesn't it :D. I see a 3 team trade in the making. Or nothing at all.

arlubas
07-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Well that was only natural for them anyway. I mean if you're gonna unload your best player (and one of the best in his position in the whole league nonetheless) you might as well get rid of your most horrible contract too.

fadedmario
07-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Just heard on satellite radio, Detroit is rumored to be in heavy pursuit of Chris Paul. Sources close to Joe Dumars say he already has a deal in place that is a multiplayer deal that involves draft picks. Sounds wonderful!!!!!! 2nd time I've heard this today. From the players mentioned in the rumored deal, who could offer anything close to what it looks like the Pistons are prepared to offer.

jiggin
07-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Just heard on satellite radio, Detroit is rumored to be in heavy pursuit of Chris Paul. Sources close to Joe Dumars say he already has a deal in place that is a multiplayer deal that involves draft picks. Sounds wonderful!!!!!! 2nd time I've heard this today. From the players mentioned in the rumored deal, who could offer anything close to what it looks like the Pistons are prepared to offer.

not reported anywhere...what players were involved?

jiggin
07-23-2010, 08:15 PM

last rumblings of CP3 to pistons on the net is back in may of 2009.

if they really were pushing for him, wouldn't be on at least 1 major news site?

maybe you are so fast with the info no one has had time to publish it?

fadedmario
07-23-2010, 08:22 PM
not reported anywhere...what players were involved?

Tayshaun Prince
Rodney Stuckey
Ben Gordon
Jason Maxiell
two future first round picks

for

Chris paul
Emeka Okafor
3rd player (filler TBD)

It's not official but the deal is rumored to already be in place. No one will have a better offer than this. The only reason Detroit fans aren't really starting to get exciting is, even with a possible best offer, i can almost guarantee Dumars would recquire a extension agreement with Paul and it's highly unlikely. Still though, If this is the already in place, Dumars is looking to make a serious run at Chris Paul.

Ian Polamalu
07-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Heres a hypothetical trade that bennifits all 3 teams involved and works with the cap {Knicks, Hornets, Spurs}

Knicks recieve Pg- Chris Paul, Sf- James Posey

Hornets recieve Pg- Tony Parker, Sg- Bill Walker, Sf- Wilson Chandler and a Washing Machine- Eddy Curry

Spurs recieve- Pg- Toney Douglas, Sf- Azubuike, C- Emeka Okafor

Flaws-

Knicks- will need to shed Posey's contract to even have a shot at forming there own big 3 with Carmelo

Spurs- May believe they can recieve more for Tony Parker and also might not want to eat Emeka Okafurs contract

IMO The hornets get the best end of the deal expiring contracts, shed Posey and Okafur's contracts and start a youth movement with Collison, Walker, Chandler and can always look to re-deal Parker and get even more

jeter 2
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
My bad...What I meant is NO would want randolph...

Why december? Randolph could not be package in a multiplayer deal..You need to trade him on a 1 for 1 deal..A certain amount of time is needed before a mutiplayer deal involving him possible..

A package of douglas and chandler would not be enough..

Thats not true. There are no trade restrictions on Anthony Randolph. http://www.******.com/src_trade_restrictions.php

Check the website.

If New Orleans wants to dump Okafor, they could take back less of a package. Maybe something like Randolph, Curry, Turiaf and fillers to the Hornets. Okafor and Chandler + future 2nd round picks to the Wizards and Paul to the Knicks.

Vikingfan84
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Paul & Okafor
The Lakers can't trade Blake. By league rules he must stay on their roster for 1 season I believe.

fadedmario
07-23-2010, 08:31 PM
last rumblings of CP3 to pistons on the net is back in may of 2009.

if they really were pushing for him, wouldn't be on at least 1 major news site?

maybe you are so fast with the info no one has had time to publish it?

I'm going to feel like a pimp if this story becomes official within the hour. I'm pretty sure I said it was a rumor with nothing concrete yet. Satellite radio had the rumored players. Fox Detroit just mentioned Detroit was heavily pursuing Paul.

andrewblazer21
07-23-2010, 08:37 PM
I am going to laugh at the knick fans when he comes to portland.

Raidaz4Life
07-23-2010, 08:41 PM
People need to give up on these ******** trade ideas. Some of these are ridiculously sad.

blacknell
07-23-2010, 08:42 PM
i'm sure mark cuban is trying to put together a package that will land them paul even if he has to take okafur with it

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Aaron brooks,Shane battier,Jordan hill,knicks first rounder for paul straight up. You gotta think if teams are required to take on okeafor's contract they won't get alot in the form of picks in any deal it will be more contract on contract. They get more in the form of picks if they just trade paul alone. Im thinking okeafor going to houston in a paul deal and working with olajuwon would actually make him a better player than he is now and he might play up to his contract.

Lakers211221
07-23-2010, 08:43 PM

I hope you mean awful for the Lakers

ballerallday81
07-23-2010, 09:07 PM
People need to give up on these ******** trade ideas. Some of these are ridiculously sad.

yeah I know, you might as well throw in Candace Parker in one of these trades

fadedmario
07-23-2010, 09:12 PM
yeah I know, you might as well throw in Candace Parker in one of these trades

She better than her husband

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Suggested Trade:

Portland Gets:
Chris Paul- 14.9 Mil.

New Orleans:

New Jersey Gets:
Rudy Fernandez- 1.2 Mil.
Emeka Okafor- 11.4 Mil.

Why would NJ give up Twill for Okafor? No one wants that contract unless there's incentives to take him and Rudy ain't an incentive. We've got plenty of wings already.

PHX2daDEATH
07-23-2010, 09:19 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2364upc

It's tricky because NO probably doesnt want Nelson if they want to bring along Collison.. and I think Nelson could help put Memphis over the hump. Conley makes more sense going to NO..

Orlando would just be scary, I think Dwight could push Emeka to play better..

TheShock45
07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I would do it just because you could easily trade Okafor to a bad team that has cap space. he's a nice, talented and smart center. the Hornets think this is gonna stop teams but its definately not.

Also have to include as always a sixers trade haha.

Jrue Holliday, Lou Williams, Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand and a buttload of picks for Chris Paul & Emeka Okefor

Hey a guy can dream cant he?

PistonsFan14
07-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Pistons get
CP3
Okafor
Peja (even better because it gets rid of more salary) the perk for the pistons is it expires this year

Hornets get
Prince
Rip
Charlie V
Summers
2 future 1st rounders
2 future 2nd rounder

Heater4life
07-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I think if New York is smart they do this, regardless if they have to take back Emeka.

Orlando would be a great spot for Paul; they would probably need to find a third team to facilitate the trade though.

Bang Bros89
07-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Knicks Receive: Chris Paul

T-Wolves Receive: Emeka Okafor

Hornets Receive: Azubuike, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, Turiaf, Bill Walker, and Ramon Sessions(Min)

Knicks keep flexibility, T-wolves get defensive presence, while Hornets get some prospects and cap relief. Ideal situation for my Knicks

dodie53
07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
no brainer

HeaTxRipZz
07-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Knicks can make the Numbers match close enough if it includes Curry(Expiring), Azu, Wilson, Randolph and Turiaf. If they can pull it off I will say they need to ASAP even if it means they may have to also part with Tony Douglas. Hornets are looking for more cap flexibility and cheap young talent if they pull the trigger on a deal with any team why not do it.

If it was to get done somehow they will just have to go to the Free Agency once again and sign some guys to have a complete roster for the season. Okafor shouldn't be a factor on any team waiting to jump on this because Chris is a top PG in this league and you can worry about trying to trade Oka later on down the line to a team that needs him such as Minnesota in a lopsided deal for an expiring or Ramon Sessions or something alot of ways to manuever this deal and get it done if they are willing to part with Paul

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
A lot of people are just throwing **** together that doesn't get rejected by the BSPN Trade Machine without any thought or regard for the fact that the teams involved would never make the trades being thrown together.

SouljahPhil...
07-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Knicks can make the Numbers match close enough if it includes Curry(Expiring), Azu, Wilson, Randolph and Turiaf. If they can pull it off I will say they need to ASAP even if it means they may have to also part with Tony Douglas. Hornets are looking for more cap flexibility and cheap young talent if they pull the trigger on a deal with any team why not do it.

If it was to get done somehow they will just have to go to the Free Agency once again and sign some guys to have a complete roster for the season. Okafor shouldn't be a factor on any team waiting to jump on this because Chris is a top PG in this league and you can worry about trying to trade Oka later on down the line to a team that needs him such as Minnesota in a lopsided deal for an expiring or Ramon Sessions or something alot of ways to manuever this deal and get it done if they are willing to part with Paul

As I have stated earlier..Randolph and turiaf could not be traded in a multiplayer deal after a certain amount of time..

HeaTxRipZz
07-23-2010, 10:03 PM
As I have stated earlier..Randolph and turiaf could not be traded in a multiplayer deal after a certain amount of time..

hmmm that will make it slightly tougher. This would call for GM's to get smart and get other teams on the phone. I don't know the thinking of front office officials but I know if I'm the Knicks I would be on the phone with The Cavs, Wolves, Nets, Clippers (mostly Cavs who are looking for a SF) and Move Azubuike in a deal just to clean that 3 Million off the payroll then they can do the deal I mentioned above with the hornets involving Turiaf, Wilson, Curry(Expiring), Randolph and if they ask for him Toney Douglas. If they can somehow pull a move like that the smart thing would do is to call up some more FA's like Eddie House to come over and play off the bench

Bang Bros89
07-23-2010, 10:05 PM
hmmm that will make it slightly tougher. This would call for GM's to get smart and get other teams on the phone. I don't know the thinking of front office officials but I know if I'm the Knicks I would be on the phone with The Cavs, Wolves, Nets, Clippers (mostly Cavs who are looking for a SF) and Move Azubuike in a deal just to clean that 3 Million off the payroll then they can do the deal I mentioned above with the hornets involving Turiaf, Wilson, Curry(Expiring), Randolph and if they ask for him Toney Douglas. If they can somehow pull a move like that the smart thing would do is to call up some more FA's like Eddie House to come over and play off the bench

Turiaf and Randolph would have the same restriction.

Does anyone kno the exact date the restriction is lifted??

SouljahPhil...
07-23-2010, 10:08 PM

As I have said those 2 players could not be traded in a multiplayer deal.. only 1 for 1..get my point?

So the knicks could only trade Gallo,douglas,chandler,curry and their rookies.. Also the earliest pick they can trade is 2014 1st rounder..I think hornets would not accept that offer..Plus D antoni loves gallo..

SouljahPhil...
07-23-2010, 10:09 PM

I think by december..not really sure though..

HeaTxRipZz
07-23-2010, 10:10 PM
True true true i completly forgot they were on the same team some how lol when I think Turiaf I think Lakers......anyways I guess it comes down to What the Hornets want. If Azubuike is moved I think it can be done manuevered somehow but it'll definitely be tricky

goblazers7
07-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Portland would have to trade oden bayless batum pryz miller and rudy lol

SouljahPhil...
07-23-2010, 10:15 PM
True true true i completly forgot they were on the same team some how lol when I think Turiaf I think Lakers......anyways I guess it comes down to What the Hornets want. If Azubuike is moved I think it can be done manuevered somehow but it'll definitely be tricky

what does azuike have to do with the paul trade?

Plus he or the player they get for him could not be traded also..

HeaTxRipZz
07-23-2010, 10:19 PM
what does azuike have to do with the paul trade?

Plus he or the player they get for him could not be traded also..

Azu or someone close to 2 million would have to be moved in the same deal or a seperate deal to clear enough space for the deal for Oka and CP3 to go through. That's why I said if they can somehow send him off to the cavs in a preemptive trade they could make something work. Reason I keep mentioning him is because Mike D said in a interview they weren't relying on receiving him in the trade but they did get him and the statement to me seems like he would be disposable

Since none of the new 3 guys can be included in the same deal they need to call up other teams for a pre CP3 deal IF and that's a big IF they get an agreement from the hornets front office

SouljahPhil...
07-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Azu or someone close to 2 million would have to be moved in the same deal or a seperate deal to clear enough space for the deal for Oka and CP3 to go through. That's why I said if they can somehow send him off to the cavs in a preemptive trade they could make something work. Reason I keep mentioning him is because Mike D said in a interview they weren't relying on receiving him in the trade but they did get him and the statement to me seems like he would be disposable

Since none of the new 3 guys can be included in the same deal they need to call up other teams for a pre CP3 deal IF and that's a big IF they get an agreement from the hornets front office

Knicks don't have the salaries to get both Paul and okafor...

fsugrad06
07-23-2010, 10:24 PM

60 days.

From Wiki (couldn't find the NBA rules pdf) link included for anyone who still doesn't understand that none of the GSW players can be included.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Salary_Cap#Trading_and_the_Salary_Cap

midwestmadman
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
As long as a third or even a fourth team get involved it wouldn't be that difficult.

NY4YA
07-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Last thing any Franchise wants to do is move their Franchise player in the middle of a season. Last time it happened Toronto got raped because teams knew that they had to deal him, Nets swooped in and made the most lopsided deal in NBA history.

Knicks would be screwed moving Gallo. They wont have anybody on the court to knock down 3's. Gallo has a higher upside than Randolph, IMO and I am a huge Randolph fan.

Randolph has more upside but Gallo is a safer bet.But I agree we need to keep gall if we are adding okafor. He is no carmelo but he can carry a load offensivly better than any other wings on our roster.

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I think New York fans are cracked thinking the best New Orleans can get for CP3 is Eddy Curry and other assorted garbage role players.

canadean31
07-23-2010, 10:37 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24azrvmPost trade to ESPN

NY4YA
07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Okafor
Amare
Randolph
Azabuike
Felton

Bench:
Turiaf
Gallinari
Chandler
Douglas

That's a pretty beast offensive team but no defense
lol okafor averages 1.3 blocks
amare 1.3 blocks
randolph 1.6 blocks
azabuke 1.block
felton is a good defensive guard.

How are we bad on defense???
Also gallo is starting over randoplh

HeaTxRipZz
07-23-2010, 10:44 PM
I think New York fans are cracked thinking the best New Orleans can get for CP3 is Eddy Curry and other assorted garbage role players.

It's not that but every team and fan knows they are trading to clean cap and recieve good young players at the same time which puts quite a few teams in play for him as long as they have expirings, young talent and willing to take Okafor on as well. Without taking Okafor there's no chance

kjdills13
07-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Hawks- Okefor, Wilson Chandler.

Hornets- Crawford, Eddy Curry, 2011 first round pick

Knicks- Chris Paul,

Hawks get a Big to play with horford and know have to good rebounders and defensive players and will dominate teams down low ( except for the lakers but it will be close)

Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Okefor
Horford

Thats a big defensive rebounding lineup that has a great facilitator in johnson to help people score.

Hornets a scoring 2 guard whos an expiring contract, eddy curry another expiring contract and a first round pick. They can rebuild and start over and will have 2 first round pics and collison to build around. They also get out of okefors contract.

Knicks give up a 1st round pick and a huge expiring for paul.

D1JM
07-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Hawks- Okefor, Wilson Chandler.

Hornets- Crawford, Eddy Curry, 2011 first round pick

Knicks- Chris Paul,

Hawks get a Big to play with horford and know have to good rebounders and defensive players and will dominate teams down low ( except for the lakers but it will be close)

Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Okefor
Horford

Thats a big defensive rebounding lineup that has a great facilitator in johnson to help people score.

Hornets a scoring 2 guard whos an expiring contract, eddy curry another expiring contract and a first round pick. They can rebuild and start over and will have 2 first round pics and collison to build around. They also get out of okefors contract.

Knicks give up a 1st round pick and a huge expiring for paul.

You have to be a Knick fan with this deal.

HeaTxRipZz
07-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm doing some calculations It would take the knicks about 3 deals to get done without a 3rd team unless of course the Cavaliers are willing to work a 3 team deal in a seperate deal

1st trade for NYK

Hornets Recieve:

Curry(expiring) + Wilson + Douglas

Knicks Recieve:
Chris Paul

Contracts numbers pretty much match up to Paul's and then to make it work how they originally wanted to we can work a 3 team since the Cavs have a 15-16 mil trade exception from the Lebron trade

Knicks Recieve:
Leon Powe or anyone cavs want to part with

Hornets Recieve:
Anthony Randolph
11 mil out of Lebron Trade exception

Cavs Recieve:
Okafor
and maybe a future 2nd round pick

I don't know how possible this is I'm trying to figure this all out while calculating salaries and trade exceptions but I can see the Cavs doing something along those lines trying to make the playoffs this season without Lebron. Don't know if this would actually get done but to team needs for both and putting each best interest at hand this is what I came up with

TehSamurai
07-23-2010, 11:01 PM
170 posts even though this is all speculation.

metsbulls1025
07-23-2010, 11:10 PM
u need to stick to wrestling brutha

Everyone thinks it is bad, but with his list of teams Paul has and the people available it is not like you are going to get anything for Paul except expiring contract(s). They have said they want to shed payroll hence trying to move Okafur. There won't be a total of 10 players moving either because there would be a lot to shuffle and a lot of teams are already done retooling this off season. My trade is more realistic and a lot more plausible then these 10 player trade everyone is throwing out there with 4 teams involved. There is not a lot of options for the Hornets.

netsgiantsyanks
07-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Suggested Trade:

Portland Gets:
Chris Paul- 14.9 Mil.

New Orleans:

New Jersey Gets:
Rudy Fernandez- 1.2 Mil.
Emeka Okafor- 11.4 Mil.

i take the other post back, THIS is the worst trade idea ive ever seen:facepalm::facepalm:

JNA17
07-23-2010, 11:13 PM
lol okafor averages 1.3 blocks
amare 1.3 blocks
randolph 1.6 blocks
azabuke 1.block
felton is a good defensive guard.

How are we bad on defense???
Also gallo is starting over randoplh

iverson in 2002 avged almost 3 steals, did that mean he was a good defender? Just saying

netsgiantsyanks
07-23-2010, 11:18 PM
Suggested Trade:

Portland Gets:
Chris Paul- 14.9 Mil.

New Orleans:

New Jersey Gets:
Rudy Fernandez- 1.2 Mil.
Emeka Okafor- 11.4 Mil.

and this post is multi-quote worthy too

Kakaroach
07-23-2010, 11:32 PM
If your gonna trade Paul, you gotta trade your worst contract with him no doubt.

fadedmario
07-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Knicks have no shot. lol at people on here that think Paul is just worth expiring contracts.

HeaTxRipZz
07-23-2010, 11:52 PM
@Faded Obviously you don't know why they are considering a deal with both him and Okafor. Firstly they have financial problems and need to clean the cap to where they aren't paying luxary tax. I'm sure they would rather keep Paul BUT since he is complaining and asking for a trade so to speak to can kill 2 birds with one stone.

They already have a nice PG they feel can play at a decent level in Collison so why would they trade for another allstar PG when their other PG dropped nice numbers this pass season with Paul being out most of the season. If they get rid of Paul and for needs and cap relief expect it to be a mix of expirings and young talent they believe can grow with Collison and Thornton. I don't know if they will actually do the trade but if they do bank on it being around those lines picking up a cheap young big man, SF and a few other pieces and they will wait for Peja to expire to pick up more young pieces in FA next yr

E-Man117
07-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Raptors would be sooo much better with CP3, but hed never want to cross the border.... :( oh well

kjdills13
07-24-2010, 12:14 AM
You have to be a Knick fan with this deal.

No im a suns fan, i just think that the hornets want cap relief over value. and this is the ultimate cap relief trade. Also its going to be hard to make a trade for an all star pg when the team doesnt want to take back a pg bc they have one.

jtrinaldi
07-24-2010, 12:15 AM
cp3,Okafor to the lakers
Andrew Bynum to the Bucks
Mike Redd,Artest,Luc Bah Moute,2 future firsts from the lakers,1 future first from the bucks to the Hornets
THAT HAS A LEGIT CHANCE OF GETTING DONE

pebloemer
07-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Raptors would be sooo much better with CP3, but hed never want to cross the border.... :( oh well

He would also bolt in two years, costing us valuable years that we should have been rebuilding...

Patrick Swayze
07-24-2010, 12:13 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Some of your trade ideas are just hilarious!!

So the knicks could only trade Gallo,douglas,chandler,curry and their rookies.. Also the earliest pick they can trade is 2014 1st rounder..I think hornets would not accept that offer..Plus D antoni loves gallo..

I think the Hornets would accept that. I don't know if their rookies would even have to be a part of it. Being a Hornets fan, I want Chandler, Gallo, Douglas, Curry, and Randolph in exchange for Paul, West, and maybe Brackens or Julian Wright.

If D loves Gallo, he will probably have to decide if he loves Paul more cause I think Gallo with have to be in the deal.

Method28
07-24-2010, 12:21 PM
I would not want CP3's talents to go wasted in the triangle offense in LA.

Method28
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Why would the Knicks want David West as well when they have Amar'e

Patrick Swayze
07-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I would not want CP3's talents to go wasted in the triangle offense in LA.

The Lakers don't have anything to offer anyways.

Why would the Knicks want David West as well when they have Amar'e

I'm assuming that means Amare isn't going to play center?

mike_noodles
07-24-2010, 12:33 PM

Or the raptors could offer the expiring of just Marcus Banks and use the TPE to get Okafor as part of a 3 team deal, I just don't like the 4 years left :speechless:

JordansBulls
07-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Denver should trade for both.

Give up Billups, Kmart and Birdman for CP3 and Okafor.

Jumba
07-25-2010, 02:24 AM
CP3 Okafor >>>>>>>>> Billups, Kmart and Birdman

NY-FLmagicknick
07-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Does anyone think a Marcin Gortat and Jameer Nelson for Andre Igloudala is fair? I don't see NO wanting nelson if they are trying to develope collison.

Young2Kinsler
07-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Roddy B, Butler, Chandler, 2 1st for Paul and Okafor.

JOSKOMANG4
07-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Randolph, Chandler, Douglass, & Curry's expiring for Okafur & CP3.

Knicks Lineup:

C) Okafur
PF) Amare
SF) Gallo
SG) Azubuike(for now)
PG) CP3

Bench:

PG Felton
SF/SG L.Fields
C J.Jordan
PF J.Bender
C/PF Turiaf
SG Rautins
Sf/SG B.Walker
C Mosgov

AddiX
07-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't think a trade will happen until mid-season if one does happen.

Someone will need to feel they are a big man away (which will happen) to take Emeka. It's not like he can't play, he's still a very good player and is very young.

R_O_W_E
07-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't think a trade will happen until mid-season if one does happen.

Someone will need to feel they are a big man away (which will happen) to take Emeka. It's not like he can't play, he's still a very good player and is very young.

Okafor will be 28 years old and is injury prone. That is not "very young".

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2010, 01:11 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Some of your trade ideas are just hilarious!!

I think the Hornets would accept that. I don't know if their rookies would even have to be a part of it. Being a Hornets fan, I want Chandler, Gallo, Douglas, Curry, and Randolph in exchange for Paul, West, and maybe Brackens or Julian Wright.

If D loves Gallo, he will probably have to decide if he loves Paul more cause I think Gallo with have to be in the deal.

My point is if your on the hornets side would you only accept a package of gallo,chandler and douglas..Randolph could only be traded in that package by december..And as the reports said he wants to be traded before the season starts..If I'm the Hornets gm I would look at the blazers.. plus no 1st rounders from the knicks until 2014..ugghh...

at the moment knicks best offer would be
Gallo,chandler,douglas and curry..2014 and 2016 1st..
not the best package..
Orlando could offer nelson,orton,gortat,anderson,2011 and 2013 1st rounders.
If NO does not want nelson they can flip him to another team for picks..
Lot of teams would be interested since his contract is not that bad..

Another team is the blazers.
Bayless,Fernandez,Oden,Babbitt,Batum and their 1st rounders..

So I think the knicks package would be the worst of the 3..

R_O_W_E
07-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Portland doesn't need CP3 as much as you think. If they give away Oden/Batum/Fernandez/Babbit/Picks, they're setting themselves up for failure in the Playoffs.

New York offers the 2nd best package in terms of young talent.

Orlando can only offer expirers and guys with longterm contracts. Nelson isn't being traded for multiple picks, hes good but not that good.

black1605
07-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Okafor will be 28 years old and is injury prone. That is not "very young".

i wouldn't say he is injury prone....maybe a bit at the beginning of his career, but he hasn't missed a game in three years.

R_O_W_E
07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
i wouldn't say he is injury prone....maybe a bit at the beginning of his career, but he hasn't missed a game in three years.

I know. Im just saying he has a high chance of an injury based upon the ones hes suffered before in his career, same way with guys like Camby, Oden, & JO.

Buyer beware.

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Portland doesn't need CP3 as much as you think. If they give away Oden/Batum/Fernandez/Babbit/Picks, they're setting themselves up for failure in the Playoffs.

New York offers the 2nd best package in terms of young talent.

Orlando can only offer expirers and guys with longterm contracts. Nelson isn't being traded for multiple picks, hes good but not that good.

lol..I did not say offer all those pieces in portlands part..A combination of some of the guys would do it..

A team with roye,paul,aldridge and whoever they have left could make some noise in the playoffs.

Orlando can take on okafors contract unlike the knicks..'
Nelson could net them a couple of 1st rounders or at least 1 1st and a 2nd.
Plus they can get anderson,orton and 2011 and 2013 1st rounders.

As for the knicks Gallo,chandler,douglas, 2014 and 2016..

Orlando's offer outweighs the knicks...so knicks last on those 3 teams.

RogerL88
07-25-2010, 01:45 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=29jtoq5

R_O_W_E
07-25-2010, 01:46 PM
lol..I did not say offer all those pieces in portlands part..A combination of some of the guys would do it..

A team with roye,paul,aldridge and whoever they have left could make some noise in the playoffs.

Orlando can take on okafors contract unlike the knicks..'
Nelson could net them a couple of 1st rounders or at least 1 1st and a 2nd.
Plus they can get anderson,orton and 2011 and 2013 1st rounders.
As for the knicks Gallo,chandler,douglas, 2014 and 2016..

Orlando's offer outweighs the knicks...so knicks last on those 3 teams.

:laugh2::laugh2:

Nevermind.

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2010, 01:48 PM
The deal for orlando
Carter,nelson,orton,anderson 2011 and 2013 1st..
for
paul and okafor..

knicks
Paul
for
chandler,gallo,douglas,2014 and 2016 1st

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2010, 01:49 PM
:laugh2::laugh2:

Nevermind.

nysportsfan23
07-25-2010, 02:15 PM
My opinion is still: If ny is taking on oakafor, gallo stays. If ny isn't taking oakafor, gallo and Chandler can both go because Carmelo remains a possibility. Gallo and Chandler plus ny has to take oakafor= Donnie should reject deal.

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2010, 02:22 PM
My opinion is still: If ny is taking on oakafor, gallo stays. If ny isn't taking oakafor, gallo and Chandler can both go because Carmelo remains a possibility. Gallo and Chandler plus ny has to take oakafor= Donnie should reject deal.

they cannot get paul plus okafor salary wise until december...

nolafan33
07-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Why is this even being discussed? Some of you need to open your eyes and stop dreaming, how many times does Hornets staff have to say he isn't getting traded?

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Why is this even being discussed? Some of you need to open your eyes and stop dreaming, how many times does Hornets staff have to say he isn't getting traded?

you sure about that? are you a member of that staff..lets just wait and see..

nolafan33
07-25-2010, 02:33 PM
you sure about that? are you a member of that staff..lets just wait and see..

100% positive, I'm not a member of that staff, but I do have access to the ideas of the organization.

The ONLY way the Hornets trade Paul is if they are completely wowed by a offer, and lets face it...nobody wants to give up their best players.

SouljahPhil...
07-25-2010, 02:38 PM
100% positive, I'm not a member of that staff, but I do have access to the ideas of the organization.

The ONLY way the Hornets trade Paul is if they are completely wowed by a offer, and lets face it...nobody wants to give up their best players.

wow..good for you..

yah..gotta agree with you..so sorry knicks fans...

JordansBulls
07-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Oh really.

nolafan33
07-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Look, I can't pick up a phone and call someone and tell yall who the Hornets have talked to, when CP will be traded, if he'll be traded, or anything like that. But I do know where to find the ideas of the Hornets staff that they decide to put out at their own discretion. It's not alot, honestly it's basically nothing. I know VERY little, I can probably tell you only three or four things about the Hornets (one isn't even to do with the team, it's to do with Arena improvements) that others wouldn't know, but I do know that the Hornets aren't looking to trade CP just because he's unhappy and that it would take a heck of a deal to trade for him.