PDA

View Full Version : Why not Atlanta for CP??

IversonIsKrazy
07-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Why isn't Atlanta a destination for CP? Atlanta is a 4/5 team in East, a playoff team, and with the addition of CP, they would become a championship-calibure team. A CP/JJ backcourt would be arguably the best back-court.

This is a trade that is good for both teams. I am not a Hornets fan, nor a Hawks fan. But I hate seeing trade ideas that get Hornets a PG or SG, because they have 2 young studs in those exact position... which is why I proposed a trade that would give them young talent in the OTHER positions.

Hawks Get:
CP3
David West
James Posey

NOH Get:
Josh Smith
AL Horford
Marvin Williams
Mo Evans

Then Hawks sign Shaq for the MLE. (which is what is rumored)
Re-sign Joe SMith

C: Shaq/Zaza
PF: D-West/Smith
SF: Posey/Jo. Crawford
SG: JJ/Ja. Crawford
PG: CP3/Teague

Works out financially. Hornets would get all young guys for SF, PF, and C to go along with their young studs, PG-Darren Collison & SG-Marucs Thorton. And Atlanta gets a championship-calibure team.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3679b86

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Your trade is horrible.

This thread will be moved.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:08 PM
So the Hawks trade everyone that CP3 would want to play with? No way.

How about this one:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2bgrtl8

Al Horford, Marvin Williams, and Jamal Crawford for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

CP3/Bibby/Teague
Joe Johnson/Jordan Crawford
MLE PLAYER/Evans
Josh Smith
Okafor/Zaza

disk 8
07-23-2010, 04:09 PM
No way the hawks would give up Josh Smith and
AL Horford

blackjack_119
New Orleans wouldn't trade their two best players without getting rid of Emeka Okafor.

R_O_W_E
Your trade is horrible.

This thread will be moved.

Your trade is horrible because Atlanta still remains a 4-5 seed even with the moves, their interior defense becomes non existent removing Horford & Smoove and replacing them with West & Shaq.

Atlanta is not competing for a Championship with that lineup.

New Orleans takes on more longterm salary including Al Horford who is a RFA next summer that they will have to resign. There is nothing "stud" about Thornton or Collison.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:12 PM

How about this one:

This trade is slightly better, but still bad.

New Orleans trades away Paul and gets back 2 players who are basically 1 year rentals. They lose Crawford, and Horford next summer.

disk 8
07-23-2010, 04:13 PM

How about this one:

I don"t see them giving up crawford and Horford.

*Silver&Black*
This trade is slightly better, but still bad.

New Orleans trades away Paul and gets back 2 players who are basically 1 year rentals. They lose Crawford, and Horford next summer.

Them losing Crawford is the point of trading Okafor (salary dump). But they can re-sign Horford, to have a Collison/Horford combo.

dtmagnet
Chris Paul will play wherever they trade him, he doesn't have a choice.

R_O_W_E
Before OP responds back to me.

There are few teams with the capable mix of longterm contracts, talent, & picks to acquire Chris Paul. New Orleans isn't going to take on random players just because you want to see him on a specific team. If they move Paul it will be to make sure they will be able to successfully rebuild as well as move Okafor & Posey's contracts.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:15 PM
I don"t see them giving up crawford and Horford.

Well it's mainly a Horford for CP3. Crawford is going to be gone after this year anyway (drafted Jordan Crawford and re-signed Joe to max). I just included Marvin and Jamal to help Hornets shed salary and for us Hawks to have a center.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Well CP3 wanted the Hawks to draft him, so I can see him re-signing here with Joe Johnson/Josh Smith help.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Them losing Crawford is the point of trading Okafor (salary dump). But they can re-sign Horford, to have a Collison/Horford combo.

Doesn't work.

Why would New Orleans re-sign Horford when he in New Orleans becomes a duplicate of West at PF. There is nobody down low to block shots. This is why Horford plays the 5 in Atlanta, because Smith is a good shotblocker who can provide defensive help. Back on the topic of re-signing Horford, if New Orleans were actually willing right now in the midst of an ownership change to invest longterm money into players then why would CP3 want out?

Horford is the type of player who is good but will get overpaid next summer with the lack of quality FA's available. You think New Orleans moves CP3 & Okafor to dump salary and then invest the same amount of money into their new group of players? Not happening. Im killing your dream.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 04:18 PM
he has no choice where he goes, but i think if it was up to him it would be orlando, NYC or stay with hornets

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Well CP3 wanted the Hawks to draft him, so I can see him re-signing here with Joe Johnson/Josh Smith help.

He wanted the Bucks to draft him too. He wanted the Jazz to draft him also. He wanted the Hornets to take him. He also wanted the Bobcats to take him.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
he has no choice where he goes, but i think if it was up to him it would be orlando, NYC or stay with hornets

NY doesn't have the pieces, although he wants to play for the Knicks.

The Nets actually are the team who has the best pieces to acquire CP3 but I doubt they move some of their young guys right now unless they're 100% he will sign an extension.

Jetsguy
If CP wanted to play with West and Posey he would stay in NO? That team makes Atlanta almost worse losing AL and JSmooth

*Silver&Black*
Not happening. Im killing your dream.

But it's not my thread, so I don't care. I just know if I'm the Hornets do I want a young All-star PF/C or whatever swingman the Knicks unload on them? Or I know, all the "trade ideas" of the Hornets trading Paul for another PG (Rondo, Jameer). How stupid is that when they have Collison?

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:23 PM
He wanted the Bucks to draft him too. He wanted the Jazz to draft him also. He wanted the Hornets to take him. He also wanted the Bobcats to take him.

Did he really say all of that, or are you just trying to be funny?

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
But it's not my thread, so I don't care. I just know if I'm the Hornets do I want a young All-star PF/C or whatever swingman the Knicks unload on them? Or I know, all the "trade ideas" of the Hornets trading Paul for another PG (Rondo, Jameer). How stupid is that when they have Collison?

Im in your house. Im eating out of your freezer. You can't stop the rain when it falls.

Hes not going to the Knicks unless he signs there in 2012, Knicks cant make a deal for him right now. Don't let the Knicks fans fool you. Knicks dont have any picks to give and they can't take on Okafor & Posey's salary.

TEXASTITAN
The hawks are a horrible team and he's not going to go get poon pounded in the playoffs like they did last year. Yeah im sure he watched or at least heard about the raping that took place when atlanta made the playoffs last year. NO team has more to offer than the houston rockets and thats the truth paul has no say in where he goes and all houston has to do is pull the trigger on a deal and it's done. He's got 2 years left on his deal and thats more than enough of a window to grab a championship in houston with the team they already have.

R_O_W_E
Did he really say all of that, or are you just trying to be funny?

Im just making the point that he wanted to be picked in the Top 5, regardless of where he went.

dtmagnet
07-23-2010, 04:27 PM

Forgot about that, I also think he'd be a terrific fit as long as they could keep Horford. Atlanta can live without Josh Smith IMO.

cheetos185
07-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Why isn't Atlanta a destination for CP? Atlanta is a 4/5 team in East, a playoff team, and with the addition of CP, they would become a championship-calibure team. A CP/JJ backcourt would be arguably the best back-court.

This is a trade that is good for both teams. I am not a Hornets fan, nor a Hawks fan. But I hate seeing trade ideas that get Hornets a PG or SG, because they have 2 young studs in those exact position... which is why I proposed a trade that would give them young talent in the OTHER positions.

Hawks Get:
CP3
David West
James Posey

NOH Get:
Josh Smith
AL Horford
Marvin Williams
Mo Evans

Then Hawks sign Shaq for the MLE. (which is what is rumored)
Re-sign Joe SMith

C: Shaq/Zaza
PF: D-West/Smith
SF: Posey/Jo. Crawford
SG: JJ/Ja. Crawford
PG: CP3/Teague

Works out financially. Hornets would get all young guys for SF, PF, and C to go along with their young studs, PG-Darren Collison & SG-Marucs Thorton. And Atlanta gets a championship-calibure team.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3679b86

horford becomes FA next year so NO would have to pay him big $$ and if they really wanted smith and his overpaid contract why not just keep cp3 and build a winning team around him NO would be looking for cheap young talents and expiring sry but marvin williams and smith don't fall into that category

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:28 PM
The hawks are a horrible team

Yeah and Rockets suck.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:29 PM
The hawks are a horrible team and he's not going to go get poon pounded in the playoffs like they did last year. Yeah im sure he watched or at least heard about the raping that took place when atlanta made the playoffs last year. NO team has more to offer than the houston rockets and thats the truth paul has no say in where he goes and all houston has to do is pull the trigger on a deal and it's done. He's got 2 years left on his deal and thats more than enough of a window to grab a championship in houston with the team they already have.

They have the pieces.

However Houston loses all of their depth with a CP3 trade, and Brooks isn't an upgrade over Collison.

cheetos185
07-23-2010, 04:31 PM

but teams won't give up value for him if he doesn't want to play in small market team which would stop team from making legit offers

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:31 PM
horford becomes FA next year so NO would have to pay him big $$ and if they really wanted smith and his overpaid contract why not just keep cp3 and build a winning team around him NO would be looking for cheap young talents and expiring sry but marvin williams and smith don't fall into that category

Bingo. Glad somebody else finally said it.

Hornets are going to make it tough for any team to acquire CP3 because they're going to try to move Okafor and/or Posey in the process.

West will stay because hes on an incredibly cheap contract for a below the borderline All Star caliber PF.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't understand this "Hornets wouldn't want Horford, but instead cheap young talent" crap. Wouldn't the Hornets have to pay those "cheap young talent" one day anyways? Horford is better than any "cheap young talent" the Knicks have to offer, plus the Hawks have 1st round picks to offer.:facepalm:

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't understand this "Hornets wouldn't want Horford, but instead cheap young talent" crap. Wouldn't the Hornets have to pay those "cheap young talent" one day anyways? Horford is better than any "cheap young talent" the Knicks have to offer, plus the Hawks have 1st round picks to offer.:facepalm:

Nope.

The Hornets are looking for cheap young talent and expirers because they're in the midst of a potential ownership change. This is why CP3 wants out because they're basically stuck and can't spend any more to make upgrades. They have their Full MLE and contacted nobody. They pulled their small offer on Luther Head.

Al Horford becomes a RFA next summer. New Orleans can't match an offer sheet a team like Indiana or Denver can make for Horford. If they did, then why would they have traded away CP3?

They're in a tough position.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah and Rockets suck.

Yeah winning 42 games in the west without a superstar is really sucking it right? The rockets team from last year would have beat the **** out of the hawks without yao or kevin martin. Ive never seen a team get beatdown as badly as the hawks did last year they shouldn't have made the playoffs and they embarassed the city and the eastern conference they showed how weak it really is.

Lakerfan8032
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
As far as I'm concerned they had their chance at getting him but their ******** front office decided to draft the great Marvin Williams and all his athleticism instead of taking the better player and at a position of need.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Nope.

The Hornets are looking for cheap young talent and expirers because they're in the midst of a potential ownership change. This is why CP3 wants out because they're basically stuck and can't spend any more to make upgrades. They have their Full MLE and contacted nobody. They pulled their small offer on Luther Head.

Al Horford becomes a RFA next summer. New Orleans can't match an offer sheet a team like Indiana or Denver can make for Horford. If they did, then why would they have traded away CP3?

They're in a tough position.

Then they can let Horford walk if that's what they want.:D

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Then they can let Horford walk if that's what they want.:D

Then they've basically traded CP3 for Marvin Williams, 5 years after we know what we know now.

5 years ago that would've been a great draft day trade for both teams.

OT Thriller
07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
With regards to the poll question: why shouldnt Paul consider Atlanta as a possible destination? If I was Paul, I would be very happy if I ended up on a very talented, young Hawks team. This team gets so much unnecessary hate they have so much upside and with the addition of Paul, they get even better depending on what is given up.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 04:46 PM
did chris paul even name the hawks as an option?

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah winning 42 games in the west without a superstar is really sucking it right? The rockets team from last year would have beat the **** out of the hawks without yao or kevin martin. Ive never seen a team get beatdown as badly as the hawks did last year they shouldn't have made the playoffs and they embarassed the city and the eastern conference they showed how weak it really is.

1. The Rockets would not have beaten the **** out of the Hawks without Yao or Martin.

2. You started this crap by saying the Hawks suck.

3. 2-0 Hawks over Rockets last year.

4. Your just a Rockets homer coming into a Hawks trade thread saying the Hawks suck, just so you can point out your Rockets.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah thats a way better offer than aaron brooks,Jhill,both knicks first rounders,jared jeffries for paul and okeafor. Were willing to take on salary AND give them something worth something which atlanta isn't in the position to do.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah thats a way better offer than aaron brooks,Jhill,both knicks first rounders,jared jeffries for paul and okeafor. Were willing to take on salary AND give them something worth something which atlanta isn't in the position to do.

Worth something? please. You wish you had Josh Smith and Al Horford. Brooks is the only player "worth" anything and they already have Collison. If you want to talk about the Rockets so bad, stop dissing the Hawks and make your little Rockets trade thread.

greg_ory_2005
07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
The Hawks just had to take Marvin..:pity:

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 04:53 PM
1. The Rockets would not have beaten the **** out of the Hawks without Yao or Martin.

2. You started this crap by saying the Hawks suck.

3. 2-0 Hawks over Rockets last year.

4. Your just a Rockets homer coming into a Hawks trade thread saying the Hawks suck, just so you can point out your Rockets.

You are a hawks homer talking about a 1 sided trade for your team to get one of the best point guards in the game. You haven't made a valid point yet regarding this trade talk. Yes the hawks do suck JJ is a #2 scorer on a horrible team yes they are young and they have some talent but if you trade that for paul it totally defeats the purpose of getting better because your giving up the core in which paul is supposed to play around. Use your head in posting **** or don't post at all the hawks were blown out in the playoffs last year and if you gut the team and end up with JJ,PAUL,??,??,?? yeah you don't even make the playoffs after you trade for paul and he bolts after his contract is up and your left with nothing.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:55 PM
The Hawks just had to take Marvin..:pity:

Yes but we have a better team than the Hornets do, so......

Also we are not the only ones who screwed up drafts this decade. Blazers had to take Oden over K.D., and the Bobcats........

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Worth something? please. You wish you had Josh Smith and Al Horford. Brooks is the only player "worth" anything and they already have Collison. If you want to talk about the Rockets so bad, stop dissing the Hawks and make your little Rockets trade thread.

Brooks,yao,kmart,scola,ariza,battier,lowry, are all worthless right? Since you said brooks is the only player ''worth'' anything i mean do you even watch basketball?

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 04:57 PM
You are a hawks homer talking about a 1 sided trade for your team to get one of the best point guards in the game. You haven't made a valid point yet regarding this trade talk. Yes the hawks do suck JJ is a #2 scorer on a horrible team yes they are young and they have some talent but if you trade that for paul it totally defeats the purpose of getting better because your giving up the core in which paul is supposed to play around. Use your head in posting **** or don't post at all the hawks were blown out in the playoffs last year and if you gut the team and end up with JJ,PAUL,??,??,?? yeah you don't even make the playoffs after you trade for paul and he bolts after his contract is up and your left with nothing.

You keep saying the Hawks suck. WTF does that make your little Rockets? I am a Hawks fan on a thread started about the Hawks. Your a Rockets fan coming in bashing the Hawks so it could somehow look good for your team.

Yes we got smashed in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year from a 50+ win season and 3rd in the East. We suck so much, while the Rockets sat at home and watched us in the playoffs, being smashed or not.

The fact is this thread was not started by me, and it is about the Hawks. The Hawks and Rockets are not on CP3's "list"of teams. So instead of saying the Hawks suck (which your just bashing), make a little thread for your Rockets instead.

Laker Legend42
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
He said he wants to play for a CONTENDERNot a good regular season team.

SupeUnagi
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
trading josh smith and al horford? NO
i wouldnt trade either one of those guys alone

MacFitz92
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM

The whole point of them trading away Emeka Okafor, is a salary dump. Why would they take on Marvin Williams?

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Brooks,yao,kmart,scola,ariza,battier,lowry, are all worthless right? Since you said brooks is the only player ''worth'' anything i mean do you even watch basketball?

Are you like 12 years old or something? You say the Hawks suck, but then list those guys as "worthy" players. And I watch basketball thank you, when you said yourself you didn't watch the playoff games this past season. So either stop bashing the Hawks on the Hawks thread while keep talking about the Rockets when they have nothing to do with this thread, or go make your own thread. It's that simple. But for right now, nothing you say is going to be taken serious when you have already said the Hawks suck and say guys like Ariza and Lowry are worthy. Which you are saying Josh Smith and Al Horford suck and Ariza is better.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Im waiting for you to explain to me how a 42 win team in the west without a superstar sucks? Im waiting for you to explain to me how josh smith and horford are more valuable than Yao and Brooks or Kevin martin or Scola? Im just telling you that the hawks do NOT have what it takes to get a deal done since your title is why not the hawks you kinda left yourself open for critic's to come in and give their opinion since this is a public forum. Now if you can't take it like a man and deal with the backlash that comes with a topic like this than don't post it. Without gutting your team and taking on salary CP3 is not a option for your team.

MacFitz92
07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
trading josh smith and al horford? NO
i wouldnt trade either one of those guys alone

Neither one of those guys are better than CP3.. What do you think you'll trade a 2nd round draft pick for him?

SupeUnagi
07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Neither one of those guys are better than CP3.. What do you think you'll trade a 2nd round draft pick for him?

of course they arent better
but they are franchise players who mean a lot more to the team and system they run

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Are you like 12 years old or something? You say the Hawks suck, but then list those guys as "worthy" players. And I watch basketball thank you, when you said yourself you didn't watch the playoff games this past season. So either stop bashing the Hawks on the Hawks thread while keep talking about the Rockets when they have nothing to do with this thread, or go make your own thread. It's that simple. But for right now, nothing you say is going to be taken serious when you have already said the Hawks suck and say guys like Ariza and Lowry are worthy. Which you are saying Josh Smith and Al Horford suck and Ariza is better.

So your a liar now? I never said that smith or horford sucked i said the team they played for sucks and thats not even an opinion. Based on the blowout that appears to be more of a fact. Ive explained to you why the hawks aren't a viable option and so has everyone else you just don't want to hear it. So take your own advice and instead of posting fairytale trade proposals for your D league team why don't you be realistic about what you have and what your team is able to do. You have to factor in the salary situation,small market,what the team is going to look like once you trade half of it away to get CP3 and what your going to be left with after he leaves when his contract is up. Your front office wouldn't dream about trading for him with what you currently have on the roster you would be giving up too much and for what? Your not getting past chicago,orlando,boston,miami anyway so what does this trade do for you?

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Im waiting for you to explain to me how a 42 win team in the west without a superstar sucks? Im waiting for you to explain to me how josh smith and horford are more valuable than Yao and Brooks or Kevin martin or Scola? Im just telling you that the hawks do NOT have what it takes to get a deal done since your title is why not the hawks you kinda left yourself open for critic's to come in and give their opinion since this is a public forum. Now if you can't take it like a man and deal with the backlash that comes with a topic like this than don't post it. Without gutting your team and taking on salary CP3 is not a option for your team.

"Take it like a Man?" You started by saying "The hawks are a horrible team..." "NO team has more to offer than the houston rockets and thats the truth..."

1. That is bashing.

2. For the last time, WTF does the Rockets have to do with this thread? Go make a Rockets thread.

3. You keep saying a no superstar 42 win West team that didn't make the playoffs is good, but a 50+ win 3rd in the East team sucks. You make no sense, unless you think we have a "superstar" in which everyone says we don't.

4. A team that doesn't make the playoffs sucks. The end.

5. I'm a homer in my team's thread topic. Your a homer of another team that hasn't nothing to do with the topic, and bashing the team that the topic is about just to talk about yours.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
your D league team

Really now?

akagiredsuns
07-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Moderator please move this thread. This was just :facepalm:

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:16 PM
You are intentionally avoiding the points ive laid out and the points others have laid out before you as to why your team wouldn't trade for him. When you post a topic in a PUBLIC forum you are open to scrutiny in said forum. So like i said instead of acting like an insecure child in the corner with your teddy bear why don't you respond to the points that everyone is giving you?

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I think Chris Paul going to Atlanta is a good idea, but your trade is horrible for the Hawks.

*Silver&Black*
Your not getting past chicago,orlando,boston,miami anyway so what does this trade do for you?

And the Rockets will somehow leap frog atleast 8 teams (since you all didn't make the playoffs) with Chris Paul including Lakers?:rolleyes:

TEXASTITAN
Really now?

Yes a D league team gets blown out multiple times by 20 points or more in the eastern conference playoffs.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
You are intentionally avoiding the points ive laid out and the points others have laid out before you as to why your team wouldn't trade for him. When you post a topic in a PUBLIC forum you are open to scrutiny in said forum. So like i said instead of acting like an insecure child in the corner with your teddy bear why don't you respond to the points that everyone is giving you?

What points? The first words that came out of your mouth was "the Hawks suck" "Rockets is best trade partner" and went on to say "Hawks are a D-League team". Your the kid.

I'm not defending no trade idea. I'm not a f'n GM. I am defending the fact that a little kid keeps posting about the Rockets in a Hawks thread, while saying the Hawks are D-League and sucks while a no playoffs Rockets are better.

ldc62
07-23-2010, 05:20 PM
^^^ Get back on topic people.

CP3 won't go to Atlanta. Number 1) He didn't even name them as a destination. Secondly, Hornets want to get rid of Okafor as well as Posey so change the trade idea.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
And the Rockets will somehow leap frog atleast 8 teams (since you all didn't make the playoffs) with Chris Paul including Lakers?:rolleyes:

You are exactly correct. The facts are facts we already have 4 guys who can drop 20 a night add that to the deepest bench in the league plus the pieces necessary to trade for just about anybody and yeah you are exactly right. Im assuming you forgot or neglected to throw in there that the rockets took the lakers to 7 games with their bench players a few years ago. I mean if your going to be an *** at least try to be accurate. Im saying that player for player the rockets are a deeper team than your hawks with better front office management and more assets to obtain whatever they need and im having trouble understanding what part of that you don't understand.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Yes a D league team gets blown out multiple times by 20 points or more in the eastern conference playoffs.

A D-league team doesn't play in Eastern Conference playoffs.:facepalm:

You're funny. If any team is "D-League" wouldn't it be a team that didn't play in the playoffs, and like you said, doesn't have a "superstar". Just saying.:rolleyes:

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
You are exactly correct. The facts are facts we already have 4 guys who can drop 20 a night add that to the deepest bench in the league plus the pieces necessary to trade for just about anybody and yeah you are exactly right. Im assuming you forgot or neglected to throw in there that the rockets took the lakers to 7 games with their bench players a few years ago. I mean if your going to be an *** at least try to be accurate. Im saying that player for player the rockets are a deeper team than your hawks with better front office management and more assets to obtain whatever they need and im having trouble understanding what part of that you don't understand.

I'm not being an *****. You're the one saying teams are D-league when you're team didn't even make the playoffs.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
What points? The first words that came out of your mouth was "the Hawks suck" "Rockets is best trade partner" and went on to say "Hawks are a D-League team". Your the kid.

I'm not defending no trade idea. I'm not a f'n GM. I am defending the fact that a little kid keeps posting about the Rockets in a Hawks thread, while saying the Hawks are D-League and sucks while a no playoffs Rockets are better.

For your information im 30 ok buddy. And i don't sit here and dream up one sided trade scenarios for my team when there's no chance in hell the hawks even attempt to trade for him. My personal opinion is you started this thread with the intention of garnering negative responses so you getting angry over people that disagree with you isn't a topic it then becomes your opinion. It stops being a ''topic'' when you stop discussing whats in the ''topic'' and start falling in love with your opinion and your fantasy trade's. And something ive learned over the years is more often than not ''kids'' are the only people that call other grown men ''kids'' so go outside and get some sunshine.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:27 PM
For your information im 30 ok buddy. And i don't sit here and dream up one sided trade scenarios for my team when there's no chance in hell the hawks even attempt to trade for him. My personal opinion is you started this thread with the intention of garnering negative responses so you getting angry over people that disagree with you isn't a topic it then becomes your opinion. It stops being a ''topic'' when you stop discussing whats in the ''topic'' and start falling in love with your opinion and your fantasy trade's. And something ive learned over the years is more often than not ''kids'' are the only people that call other grown men ''kids'' so go outside and get some sunshine.

Ha, there you go. I didn't start the f'n thread. So topic done.

I am talking about why do you have to bash the Hawks when your Rockets are no better?

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:30 PM
A D-league team doesn't play in Eastern Conference playoffs.:facepalm:

You're funny. If any team is "D-League" wouldn't it be a team that didn't play in the playoffs, and like you said, doesn't have a "superstar". Just saying.:rolleyes:

The only reason your team made the playoffs is because you play in the weaker conference and thats a fact. Now you want to keep bringing up missing the playoffs thats fine but if the hawks cant get out of the first round in the east than you wouldn't even make the playoffs in the west. I understand that to you 35-40 wins gets you into the playoffs in the east so even though you suck sometimes you still make it in by default. It's kinda like a beauty pagent and all the pretty chicks got in a car wreck on the way and you win by default yeah thats the consolation of being a low seed in the east. So 42 wins in the west without a superstar is saying something dont really care if you understand that or not it is what it is. The fact is the west is the stronger conference and has been the last few years and the teams that play within that conference and make the playoffs are all good teams.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:32 PM
The only reason your team made the playoffs is because you play in the weaker conference and thats a fact. Now you want to keep bringing up missing the playoffs thats fine but if the hawks cant get out of the first round in the east than you wouldn't even make the playoffs in the west. I understand that to you 35-40 wins gets you into the playoffs in the east so even though you suck sometimes you still make it in by default. It's kinda like a beauty pagent and all the pretty chicks got in a car wreck on the way and you win by default yeah thats the consolation of being a low seed in the east. So 42 wins in the west without a superstar is saying something dont really care if you understand that or not it is what it is. The fact is the west is the stronger conference and has been the last few years and the teams that play within that conference and make the playoffs are all good teams.

We won 50+ games and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wow.:facepalm: I hope other people are reading this crap.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Does it really matter? The topic is why not atlanta and you still haven't provided a sufficent reason for him to be traded to atlanta.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:38 PM
We won 50+ games and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wow.:facepalm: I hope other people are reading this crap.

I'm reading it. People underrate the Hawks majorly, a lot of people dont realize they are a good team. Good team that can make the Playoffs, but not win a Championship.

Atlanta's only problem is that they have guys who need to be kicked in the *** to play hard. A veteran established HC like Larry Brown or Rudy Tomjanovich could put them over the top.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:39 PM

The bucks don't count as a first round playoff matchup since they suck a little more than atlanta and you had trouble beating them.

netsgiantsyanks
because atlanta would have to give up bascially 3/5th of their starting lineup PLUS take on emeka okafor's contract.

masalex1205

x1 million

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Does it really matter? The topic is why not atlanta and you still haven't provided a sufficent reason for him to be traded to atlanta.

Yes, this topic was about "ATLANTA" not the Rockets. Stop bashing ATLANTA, who had a better record and has made the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 straight years, while you keep saying the Rockets is better.

This was for fake trade ideas. Fact is, you bashed the Hawks team more than once with fake facts (didn't no our record and the fact that we did past the 1st round. Also we would of made the West playoffs with our record.) and kept talking about Rockets being the best trade partner.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm reading it. People underrate the Hawks majorly, a lot of people dont realize they are a good team. Good team that can make the Playoffs, but not win a Championship.

Atlanta's only problem is that they have guys who need to be kicked in the *** to play hard. A veteran established HC like Larry Brown or Rudy Tomjanovich could put them over the top.

Even with a coach like that how do they make it past orlando or miami or chicago or boston? Especially if you trade for paul i just don't see them even making the playoffs. JJ is a decent player but he's not a max salary player like they paid him and even the biggest hawk fan has to admit that.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:42 PM

Yes they do need to be kicked in the ***.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
The bucks don't count as a first round playoff matchup since they suck a little more than atlanta and you had trouble beating them.

Yes, Bucks don't count.:rolleyes:

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Yes, this topic was about "ATLANTA" not the Rockets. Stop bashing ATLANTA, who had a better record and has made the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 straight years, while you keep saying the Rockets is better.

This was for fake trade ideas. Fact is, you bashed the Hawks team more than once with fake facts (didn't no our record and the fact that we did past the 1st round. Also we would of made the West playoffs with our record.) and kept talking about Rockets being the best trade partner.

Would you quit crying and face the facts. Explain to me how your team could trade for paul and still be competitive?

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Even with a coach like that how do they make it past orlando or miami or chicago or boston? Especially if you trade for paul i just don't see them even making the playoffs. JJ is a decent player but he's not a max salary player like they paid him and even the biggest hawk fan has to admit that.

Okay, I know this. But you have already said Hawks are a D-League team.:facepalm: Rockets can't ge past atleast 8 West teams, and fact is:

Hawks>>>>Rockets.

So discussion about that over. Enough.

Klivlend
07-23-2010, 05:45 PM
This trade would never happen

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Would you quit crying and face the facts. Explain to me how your team could trade for paul and still be competitive?

Buddy, nothing out of your mouth yet is facts. You said the Hawks didn't make it out of the 1st round (wrong), we wouldn't make the West playoffs (wrong), Hawks are a D-league team (wrong), Rockets are better (wrong), Bucks don't count (after I caught you on the 1st round exit, and wrong), you said I don't watch basketball (wrong, which your "facts" suggest you don't).

So don't act like your main thing was "Explain to me how your team could trade for paul and still be competitive?". You were here to bash the Hawks with no facts and to say the Rockets are better and have the best chance to land CP3. Um, no.

The facts is that you have a 30 year old center with bad feet. A undersized player being your best player. Chuck Hayes your best healthy center.

While in Hawks land, we kept the band together and Josh Smith and Al Horford > anybody on your roster, outside a healthy Yao. We are the better team, so stop bashing.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:49 PM

People said the same thing about Orlando until KG got injured and they snuck into the NBA Finals. If the Hawks play motivated basketball, and get the right matchups, they could reach at the most the ECF. JJ isn't a Max salary player but he is their #1 option and is in his prime. They have Smith & Horford and several other role players who fit their team.

If the Hawks are able to breakthrough and reach the ECF at least, peoples perception will change about them.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Okay, I know this. But you have already said Hawks are a D-League team.:facepalm: Rockets can't ge past atleast 8 West teams, and fact is:

Hawks>>>>Rockets.

So discussion about that over. Enough.

No that was last year and the offseason isn't over yet so moves are still there to be made. But thats a discussion for another day i suppose since the hawks are in the east the rockets will see a finals before they do anyway. So the my team is better than your team argument doesn't really matter.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
So the my team is better than your team argument doesn't really matter.

And it finally came out spammer.

HAWKS> ROCKETS. Case closed.

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Yes they do need to be kicked in the ***.

Yep. Nothing worse than when 4 of your 6 key scorers have attitude problems and have to be pushed to play motivated basketball. I'm talking about JJ, Smoove, Crawford, and Bibby. When the Hawks get rolling and everybody starts to care about winning, they play like a top 5 team in the NBA. They need a coach who can kick them in the *** and make them play like that all season.

Just look at how they played against Boston in 08' and Mikwaukee this year. The range in their performance in each game went from level 1 to level 10, 1 game they play great, next game they quit.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Buddy, nothing out of your mouth yet is facts. You said the Hawks didn't make it out of the 1st round (wrong), we wouldn't make the West playoffs (wrong), Hawks are a D-league team (wrong), Rockets are better (wrong), Bucks don't count (after I caught you on the 1st round exit, and wrong), you said I don't watch basketball (wrong, which your "facts" suggest you don't).

So don't act like your main thing was "Explain to me how your team could trade for paul and still be competitive?". You were here to bash the Hawks with no facts and to say the Rockets are better and have the best chance to land CP3. Um, no.

The facts is that you have a 30 year old center with bad feet. A undersized player being your best player. Chuck Hayes your best healthy center.

While in Hawks land, we kept the band together and Josh Smith and Al Horford > anybody on your roster, outside a healthy Yao. We are the better team, so stop bashing.

Your still crying instead of trying to make a valid point. Like i said previously it doesn't really matter since houston will make the finals before atlanta it really doesn't matter now does it? Getting paul actually hurts your team from a personell standpoint and a salary standpoint since your going to have to take on okeafor in any deal with them. Not to mention the personell your going to have to give up in any potential trade your really no better off than you were when you started. And consider this paul will leave when his 2 years is up so do you really believe that within the next 2 years you can reach the finals and win it?

bmac_121
07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
As an Atlanta Fan, I think the Hawks would have to give up too much talent to get CP3. Sure they could get CP3, I think they could offer a better package than a majority of teams interested. But, in the process the team would get worse because you'd have to give up multiple starters to attain him.

And Texastitan.... :facepalm:.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Yep. Nothing worse than when 4 of your 6 key scorers have attitude problems and have to be pushed to play motivated basketball. I'm talking about JJ, Smoove, Crawford, and Bibby. When the Hawks get rolling and everybody starts to care about winning, they play like a top 5 team in the NBA. They need a coach who can kick them in the *** and make them play like that all season.

Just look at how they played against Boston in 08' and Mikwaukee this year. The range in their performance in each game went from level 1 to level 10, 1 game they play great, next game they quit.

I agree, but this dude saying the Hawks are D-league and Rockets are better,:facepalm:.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:00 PM

Your the spammer id love for you to answer a question instead of avoiding what im asking you if anyone is spamming it's you. The rockets player for player have a better team than your hawks and if you dispute that you aren't very smart when it comes to the NBA. Rockets would take the hawks in 5 or 6 games in a playoff series so you don't even want to go there. You have nobody inside to keep yao and scola out of the paint and brooks and martin have you spread out with battier or ariza on johnson the whole game rotating in and out he's going to be lucky to get 20 points a game.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:01 PM
As an Atlanta Fan, I think the Hawks would have to give up too much talent to get CP3. Sure they could get CP3, I think they could offer a better package than a majority of teams interested. But, in the process the team would get worse because you'd have to give up multiple starters to attain him.

And Texastitan.... :facepalm:.

Glad to see the noob knows how to work the emoticons thats always cute......

R_O_W_E
07-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I agree, but this dude saying the Hawks are D-league and Rockets are better,:facepalm:.

Rockets have a better chance to reach the NBA Finals because they're the only team in the West who is capable of beating the Lakers, because Adelman has developed the Anti-Triangle Defense. Adelman has always given Jackson fits, from Portland to Sacramento to now Houston.

Hawks are the better team talentwise, they just dont show it nightly. Rockets are more well coached, and show this nighlty.

RocketsRule
07-23-2010, 06:03 PM

While I'm not supporting TexasTitan here, I'd love to here your reasoning on this one. Cause I don't think you could be more wrong.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Your the spammer id love for you to answer a question instead of avoiding what im asking you if anyone is spamming it's you. The rockets player for player have a better team than your hawks and if you dispute that you aren't very smart when it comes to the NBA. Rockets would take the hawks in 5 or 6 games in a playoff series so you don't even want to go there. You have nobody inside to keep yao and scola out of the paint and brooks and martin have you spread out with battier or ariza on johnson the whole game rotating in and out he's going to be lucky to get 20 points a game.

Okay, I'll end it.

I don't want Chris Paul. He is a cry baby that gets paid millions of dollars. I just want my team to be successful. And you sitting here with your wrong facts trying to cover them up along with your bashing (what you started with) with now a "question". So my answer is I don't want CP3 on the Hawks. There now stop saying the Hawks are D-league and your team is the best thing we ever saw "without a superstar".:rolleyes:

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't need support rockets it is what it is. Their starting lineup doesn't matchup with houston and their bench isn't any better.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 06:06 PM
While I'm not supporting TexasTitan here, I'd love to here your reasoning on this one. Cause I don't think you could be more wrong.

Well sorry to offend other Rockets fans by saying that, but my "D-League" Hawks who made the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 years in a row are crap.:rolleyes:

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Okay, I'll end it.

I don't want Chris Paul. He is a cry baby that gets paid millions of dollars. I just want my team to be successful. And you sitting here with your wrong facts trying to cover them up along with your bashing (what you started with) with now a "question". So my answer is I don't want CP3 on the Hawks. There now stop saying the Hawks are D-league and your team is the best thing we ever saw "without a superstar".:rolleyes:

You still miss mutumbo don't you....You still have alot of anger built up over dikembe leaving all those years ago.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
You still miss mutumbo don't you....You still have alot of anger built up over dikembe leaving all those years ago.

And this just keeps proving yourself. Big boy on computer day or something.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 06:12 PM

A noob? He has been here as long as you have. And why does a 30 year old say noob? I'm younger than you and don't even say it.

bmac_121
07-23-2010, 06:13 PM

Your lack of basketball knowledge is embarassing when you make absurd statements that the rockets are a better team than the Hawks. You obviously missed the 2 games last season when the Hawks beat your little rockets. You say the Rockets were a 42 win team without a superstar. Many believe the Hawks were a 53 win team without a superstar. We got blown out in the playoffs because we were playing the Magic, the only team in the NBA we can't match up with. If we'd have played Boston, we would have won. If we would have played Cleveland, we would have made it a series. And if the impossible would have happened and we were playing the rockets in the NBA Championship, we would have the 2010 NBA championship tophy sitting on the shelf.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:15 PM
And this just keeps proving yourself. Big boy on computer day or something.

It's my opinion that your team is D-league and since i have freedom of speech nothing is going to change it. You can say or do whatever you want i encourage you to do so. You don't care about getting CP3 on your team yet your still in this thread crying and trying to justify your team vs other teams.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:16 PM
A noob? He has been here as long as you have. And why does a 30 year old say noob? I'm younger than you and don't even say it.

I can tell your younger than i am and i don't tell you how to speak who the **** are you to try and tell me how to speak?

RocketsRule
07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Well sorry to offend other Rockets fans by saying that, but my "D-League" Hawks who made the 2nd round of the playoffs 2 years in a row are crap.:rolleyes:

I never said the Hawks were a terrible team, in fact, I feel the opposite. But the Rockets finished above .500 last year with their best player side-lined while playing in the much tougher Western Conference. Not to mention the year before we too made it to the second round and challenged the championship Lakers to a grueling 7 game series (without Yao for half of it too). Then we upgraded the roster by acquiring Miller and Patterson this off-season while younger guys (Brooks, Budinger, Hill) will only continue to get better.

While the Hawks are a good team, they have many faults. They play ZERO defense, Bibby's starting to get washed up, and I, personally, don't think Johnson can lead a team.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 06:21 PM
I never said the Hawks were a terrible team, in fact, I feel the opposite. But the Rockets finished above .500 last year with their best player side-lined while playing in the much tougher Western Conference. Not to mention the year before we too made it to the second round and challenged the championship Lakers to a grueling 7 game series (without Yao for half of it too). Then we upgraded the roster by acquiring Miller and Patterson this off-season while younger guys (Brooks, Budinger, Hill) will only continue to get better.

While the Hawks are a good team, they have many faults. They play ZERO defense, Bibby's starting to get washed up, and I, personally, don't think Johnson can lead a team.

No dude, I was implying that a certain someone said that. Your fine, and I'm fine with your opinion. My problem was the bashing that is taking place just because "he can".

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Your lack of basketball knowledge is embarassing when you make absurd statements that the rockets are a better team than the Hawks. You obviously missed the 2 games last season when the Hawks beat your little rockets. You say the Rockets were a 42 win team without a superstar. Many believe the Hawks were a 53 win team without a superstar. We got blown out in the playoffs because we were playing the Magic, the only team in the NBA we can't match up with. If we'd have played Boston, we would have won. If we would have played Cleveland, we would have made it a series. And if the impossible would have happened and we were playing the rockets in the NBA Championship, we would have the 2010 NBA championship tophy sitting on the shelf.

Your team barely made it past the bucks ok we hung with the lakers with our bench players and almost made the playoffs last year amidst the roster being a mess the entire year. You play in a weaker conference and you can't matchup with the rockets not on paper not on the floor. And now with miami your not going to make a championship game appearance for at least 5 years. You can't beat miami,orlando in the long term and thats your problem orlando is setup just like houston with a dominant force down low and good perimiter players so think about what you said about orlando being the only team you don't matchup with x2.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 06:25 PM
I can tell your younger than i am and i don't tell you how to speak who the **** are you to try and tell me how to speak?

Okay now your acting big. I'll tell you what:

I'm am done with this. I am getting off the computer because I have a life outside of "I can do what I want on the computer" crap.

You, looking at the fact your 30 and have a chick in your avatar, means your not getting any. So instead, you bash other people's fav b-ball teams all day long on a computer. Well good luck with that. Won't tell you how to speak.;)

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:26 PM
The Hawks aren't getting CP3 case closed......The Hawks don't matchup with the Rockets case closed....... Direct any responses to me to my PM if you still feel differently no more spamming the thread with our personal differences.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Okay now your acting big. I'll tell you what:

I'm am done with this. I am getting off the computer because I have a life outside of "I can do what I want on the computer" crap.

You, looking at the fact your 30 and have a chick in your avatar, means your not getting any. So instead, you bash other people's fav b-ball teams all day long on a computer. Well good luck with that. Won't tell you how to speak.;)

I happen to be married kid i don't have to go chasing *** or lock myself in the bathroom it comes to me. Like i said direct any further comments to my PM if you want to continue this.

*Silver&Black*
07-23-2010, 06:27 PM
no more spamming the thread with our personal differences.

That is what I have been getting at for 6 pages. Ah, forget it.

hawks4
07-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I think most Hawks fans agree that the Hawks won't even make an offer. It's been that way for years and unfortunately it's going to continue to be that way for awhile longer under the Atlanta Spirit Group. We've gotten our hopes up for countless years about possible trades or moves in free agency and we always end up disappointed. Not to sound negative, but as much as I would love to see Chris Paul in a Hawks uniform.......not gonna happen.

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2010, 01:36 AM
I agree with some of the posts, I knew my trade idea was a little messy. The only thing I wonder is just that why isn't Atlanta an option or preferred by CP? A CP/JJ back-court to go along with one of the bigs or/and Shaq could be good.

IversonIsKrazy
07-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Heres the new and improved version of my trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=28o6otl

Hawks give up Horford + Marvin + Bibby and in return get CP & James Posey.
And if they can sign Shaq after pulling a trade for CP, I think they can really be a good team to fear come playoff team.

THE MTL
07-24-2010, 01:54 AM
I think CP3 wants to play with "TRUE" stars in the NBA. He's def on that Lebron state of mind. Knicks have Amare and with possibility of Melo in 2011.

Rivera
07-24-2010, 02:04 AM
noooooo

honestly if atlanta got CP3 they still wouldnt b a contender

they have no bigs

al horford is a monster but is undersize at C

no team will ever win a chip wit horford as there STARTING C

but a team will win a chip wit horford as a startin PF and shaq dont wanna go to ATL

Goalie31
07-24-2010, 02:21 AM
because its not on his list...