PDA

View Full Version : What would be better for the NBA. CP3 with the Knicks or the Magic?

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 11:20 AM
What would be better for the NBA. CP3 with the Knicks or the Magic?

Obviously if CP3 comes into the Eastern Conference he wants to go to the Knicks or Magic.

Now if that is the case, where would you rather him go?

Personally I'm torn on this. I think him in Orlando would create an instate rivalry like LAL vs SAC in 2002 and it difficult for Miami to constantly win in the East.

Also it would create another duo that has 2 top 7 players in the league together.

But then again I would like him in NY as I would love to see a Knicks vs Bulls playoff series again.

The Knicks top the list of teams Hornets point guard Chris Paul would like to be traded to, according to sources.
The Magic are second on the list, ahead of the Mavericks and Trail Blazers.

So for the league as a whole, would it be better for CP3 to be in NY or would it be better for him to be in Orlando for Miami to have a rival?

NOTE: I also think if he goes to either team, it would be 80's Eastern Conference all over again.

Russell_Roberts
07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Knicks! He has a better oppurtunity to form his big 3 like he wanted and he can be the man in control of the team. the CAP'N

TehSamurai
07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Neither. CP3 is fine where he is.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:28 AM
I like both teams but it would be great to see him play at The Garden and for the Knicks to be relevant again.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2010, 11:28 AM
what would be best is if the draft class of 2003 shut the fk up and played basketball.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM

^This too.

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM
It would be best if he stayed in New Orleans. Too many small-market teams have lost superstars to bigger markets for literally nothing, and I don't want to see this trend continue.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Knicks.

Or Lakers

TehSamurai
07-23-2010, 11:36 AM
It would be best if he stayed in New Orleans. Too many small-market teams have lost superstars to bigger markets for literally nothing, and I don't want to see this trend continue.

Exactly. People aren't thinking about the long-term consequences of trades/signings like this going down.

New York doesn't deserve anything. Period.

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Orlando, they are contenders already. Even if the Knicks were to aquire Paul they would not be a threat to win the East.

PrettyBoyJ
07-23-2010, 11:42 AM
NY would be better for the league.. if he goes to ORL then the east would had have 3 teams with a big 3 and CHI you can consider a big 3 with Rose, Booz, and Noah.. (not as good as the others but still a big 3 kinda)... the bottom half of the east would just be under .500 mayb with the exception of the Hawks and Bucks.. the unbalance is bad for the nba in marketing point of view as well as competitive side of the game.. If you look at the west 1-8 won atleast 50 games.. and the 9 and 10 seed won 40+ which is prob a 4th or 5th seed in the east.. CP in the knick makes more sense, it jus adds another team other teams have to worry about and ORL dont really need CP they jus want him..

blastmasta26
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Well it depends on what is better. Knicks would make the East more balanced after Miami but Magic would be a legit opponent to Miami amd provide some real competition.

FOBolous
07-23-2010, 11:45 AM
i really want to see a CP3/D12 duo. what would be EPIC. not to mention the in-state rivalry between the Magic and the Heat. We'll get to watch CP3/D12 vs Lebron/Wade/Bosh 4x a year! not counting them potentially meeting in the ECF.

it'll be fun watching CP3/D12 and Wade/Lebron/Bosh trying to outdo each other.

NYYCowboys
07-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Exactly. People aren't thinking about the long-term consequences of trades/signings like this going down.

:facepalm: No one cares about the smaller market teams. Why would Chris Paul want to waste the prime of his career playing in the smallest market in the NBA with no chance of winning. And believe me once the Knicks become good again the NBA will too.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 11:46 AM
orlando, will make for better compitition against the heat, isnt that why anti heat ppl been crying? no compitition?

Ethix11
07-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Im from Florida and I hate the Knicks. But I think he should go to New York and see what they do when they get their 3 stars.

TehSamurai
07-23-2010, 11:49 AM
:facepalm: No one cares about the smaller market teams. Why would Chris Paul want to waste the prime of his career playing in the smallest market in the NBA with no chance of winning. And believe me once the Knicks become good again the NBA will too.

First, there is no "once the Knicks become good again." Second, I'm sure all the fans of all the small market teams out there care about their teams.

BkOriginalOne
07-23-2010, 11:52 AM
If Cp3 went to the Magic, it would give Florida a starting 5 of:

Paul
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Howard

too much talent in one state.
If he went to the Knicks however, he would see perennial Knick- Heat playoff matches that we haven't see since the 90s and early 00s.
Too bad they'all be friends and the competition won't be as fierce.

ari1013
07-23-2010, 11:54 AM
If the league wants to get out of its financial hole, it needs NY to go back to being the most profitable franchise. So it's better for the NBA that NY gets him instead of him going to another small market team.

JayW_1023
07-23-2010, 11:58 AM
The Magic have the best pieces...if they trade Paul for Nelson and Vince Carter together, they already have the better end of the deal.

With Pauls penetration creating open shots for Redick and easy dunks for Howard, they will be one heckuva offensive team.

Duddy
what would be best is if the draft class of 2003 shut the fk up and played basketball.

How is CP3 related to the 2003 Draft?

mikantsass
NY.... their market is like 20x what Orlando's is

Da Knicks
07-23-2010, 12:02 PM
New York easily the rivalry would be renewed and New York would stop cheering other players at the garden...:facepalm:

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Knicks.

Or Lakers

Dude the Lakers are already stacked.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2010, 12:09 PM
How is CP3 related to the 2003 Draft?

they have started the domino effect that may end up wiping out small markets imo

Raph12
07-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Easily Magic, NY will get Parker and Melo in the offseason anyways, CP3 and D12 will be a spectacle for the next decade.

CP3+Stat would get their ***** handed to them by LA, Miami and Orlando (without CP3), idk if getting Melo would even put them in the same contention as those top dogs.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Dude the Lakers are already stacked.

Nemeis vs Archnemesis.

Lakers vs Celtics and 80s were great that was what jodan lacked an archnemesis they facer various times.

Lakers vs Heat this time

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Nemeis vs Archnemesis.

Lakers vs Celtics and 80s were great that was what jodan lacked an archnemesis they facer various times.

Lakers vs Heat this time

Difference is is that the East is stacked again while the Lakers have a cakewalk out West, just like the 80's.

Brooklyn Mets
07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
New York Knicks
he would be a perfect fit on our team

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:47 PM
him to the knicks would make another good team, not a champ contender, he should go to orlando

MagicBucsSox
07-23-2010, 12:49 PM

miami isnt abig market, wasnt even popular til Shaq got there, and brought a winning buzz

mudvayne387
07-23-2010, 12:58 PM
First, there is no "once the Knicks become good again." Second, I'm sure all the fans of all the small market teams out there care about their teams.

Obviously not, or they wouldn't be considered a "Small Market Team"

Fmaranesi
07-23-2010, 01:04 PM
What players can each team realistically trade for Paul?

Dr Cyanide 28
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM
paul with howard and shooters... that is scary to think about

fresh3def
07-23-2010, 01:13 PM
knicks magic blazers and mavs! i think cp3 should go to orlando and with that saying brung back memories of the cp3 and tyson chandler duo they had in new oleans with all the alley oops he created. imagine chris paul driving down the lane he will beat the defender 1 on 1 and if the big man comes and helps he alley's it to superman!!!! its a pick your poison if he goes to orlando he also draws attention when he drives it in which will lead opposing players to help defense and paul can just kick it out. alllllllllll dayyyyyy! lol

FLYER-FAN
07-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Whats wrong with the nba ??... I`ll tell you whats wrong - the inmates are running the jail !!!!....the nba is ruined , its done !!!...a bunch of frigging greedy thugs were alowed to just take over and it didnt just happen it has been going on little by little until now the **** just hit the fan.... I for one will boycot the nba and would hope all will follow if you dont well than your condoning this takeover and are part of the problem !!!..david stern should be fired !!

LTS
07-23-2010, 01:19 PM

because he is part of the 03 draft class

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2010, 01:23 PM
for the NBA obviously it would be the Knicks because it's NY...

Lakergirl24
07-23-2010, 01:26 PM
I think he'd make Orlando the best team in the east. CP3+Dwight would be tough for any team to match. However, I'd like to see the Knicks become competitive again and Paul and Soudemire would be great together. So my vote is for the Knicks

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 01:30 PM

I'd like to nominate this post as the most ignorant post I've ever seen on a message board. No one cares about smaller market teams? The league that just lost $370 Million does. The owners of those franchises do. The fans of those teams do. So, unless "no one" translates to "the person posting this" in some language with which I am unfamiliar, the post couldn't be more inaccurate.

Slimsim
07-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Whats wrong with the nba ??... I`ll tell you whats wrong - the inmates are running the jail !!!!....the nba is ruined , its done !!!...a bunch of frigging greedy thugs were alowed to just take over and it didnt just happen it has been going on little by little until now the **** just hit the fan.... I for one will boycot the nba and would hope all will follow if you dont well than your condoning this takeover and are part of the problem !!!..david stern should be fired !!

This seems racist seeing as majority of the players in the NBA are African American.

ManRam
07-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Undoubtedly, what's best for the NBA as a franchise and a business is if he goes to NY. He'll become a much huger star, the NBA's biggest market will finally have a great team again, and that would create more $$$$ for the league.

But obviously, I'm hoping he goes to Orlando, and I don't care about what's best for the league as a whole ;)

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Difference is is that the East is stacked again while the Lakers have a cakewalk out West, just like the 80's.

one of the misconceptions that annoys me the most.

Dalls had Harper,Blackman, Aguirre, Perkins, Schrempf, Trpley.

Nuggets had English, THompson, Issell, Vandewehge,

susns had Chambers, K Jonhson, Ainge, Hornacek..

Jazz had Griffith, Dantley, Malone, Stockton.Eaton.

sonics had johnson, mcmillan, mcdaniel, ellis ,

porltand had hawkins, clyde D, Dawkins, Bowie, vande weghe

there were definelty god west teams

dodgersuck
07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Portland

ChongInc.
07-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Toronto! Lol but seriously, Florida doesn't need another super star. I say he signs with newyork. I would rather wait a year and have a CP/AStat/Melo VS. DWade/LBJ/Bosh rivalry. Too bad no team in the west can buy a big 3.

ari1013
07-23-2010, 02:02 PM
miami isnt abig market, wasnt even popular til Shaq got there, and brought a winning buzz
Come on they got 13,000 fans to come out to see the Big 3! If that's not a big... oh nvm :rolleyes:

ari1013
07-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I'd like to nominate this post as the most ignorant post I've ever seen on a message board. No one cares about smaller market teams? The league that just lost $370 Million does. The owners of those franchises do. The fans of those teams do. So, unless "no one" translates to "the person posting this" in some language with which I am unfamiliar, the post couldn't be more inaccurate.
Note that as the fortunes of the Knicks fell, so did the league revenues. It's not a coincidence.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-23-2010, 02:05 PM
How both or it doesnt matter....

rainbowcow1
07-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Knicks because i hate orlando

MikeDanks
07-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Easily Magic, NY will get Parker and Melo in the offseason anyways, CP3 and D12 will be a spectacle for the next decade.

CP3+Stat would get their ***** handed to them by LA, Miami and Orlando (without CP3), idk if getting Melo would even put them in the same contention as those top dogs.

You're pretty funny. It's all very hypothetical considering no one really knows what Melo is doing, but the Knicks would immediately trump the Magic if they ended up assembling that big 3.....No offense to the Magic, but your best player (Dwight) has ZERO Offense which is kinda sad considering he's such an athletic beast. And i don't even want to get started on rashard who is by far the most OVERPAID player in the history of the NBA (and currently one of the most overrated.) If knicks got melo and CP, it would be a 3 team race from that point--LA, MIA and NYK

Lo Porto
07-23-2010, 02:16 PM
If he doesn't stay, I hope he goes to NY and the Hornets get a very good package of players, picks and money for him. NO dumping Okafor and getting Randolph, Chandler, Felton and more is better than losing Paul for nothing.

Paul to NY with Gallinari and Amare would be fun to watch. NY needs a better team.

xabial
07-23-2010, 02:19 PM

If he can convince his bankrupt owner to spend on his team then sure.

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Note that as the fortunes of the Knicks fell, so did the league revenues. It's not a coincidence.

The Knicks haven't been worth a damn in 40 years. One has no direct correlation to the other. The claimed $370 Million loss is more than many NBA franchises, including the Miami Heat, are worth according to Forbes December 2009 evaluations. One franchise doesn't account for nearly 10% of total league revenues of an estimated $4.0 Billion. In other words, the Knicks could sell out every game and every media market and it still wouldn't account for the missing $370 Million that is just a break even number according the the leagues office.

D1JM
07-23-2010, 02:26 PM

the last time i checked the big three went to a market where they dont even care about their sports. They care about south beach party scene and its a small market.

Ty Fast
07-23-2010, 02:30 PM
miami

Jack_Meoff
07-23-2010, 02:31 PM
The Magic have the best pieces...if they trade Paul for Nelson and Vince Carter together, they already have the better end of the deal.

With Pauls penetration creating open shots for Redick and easy dunks for Howard, they will be one heckuva offensive team.

Why would NO want two over the hill players that only get worse every year?? They would rather trade with NY, at least they have youth and potential..... I'm sure they would rather take Randolph, Chandler and Curry(Contract).

and Paul can penetrate and dish to Amare or Gallo for a 3 all day.... he can do that on any team basically

Jack_Meoff
07-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Clearly not since he is talking trade and now they are going to meet with him on Monday...

nycsports2
07-23-2010, 02:37 PM
knicks cuz it adds another contender to the nba... they would have 0 depth tho so as a knicks fan im kinda hesitant to pull this trade we got alot of good young talent

ElMarroAfamado
07-23-2010, 02:38 PM
hopefully cp3 goes to the knicks
i aint even a knicks fan but it would be great to have them back in the limelight
and Amare and Cp3 (in the east) is enough to make em make the playoffs

Lake_Show2416
07-23-2010, 02:39 PM
i chose NY cuz if they're relevant it makes the league better

but i rather have him go to the Magic. I just could imagine him and Dwight (SCARY)

spreadeagle
07-23-2010, 02:51 PM

Ya youre right.Lets just have a 4 team NBA L.A NY Miami and Boston..I try not to use this, but sir....you deserve a :facepalm:

jaded01
07-23-2010, 02:59 PM
dallas.

if cuban won championships, he would be the nba's version of steinbrenner (if he isnt already). he would be hated so much more by so many more than he already is. and that would be good for basketball.

remember guys, vince mcmahon was the best heel of all time because you can beat a basketball team but the evil boss always comes back.

heattiltheend94
07-23-2010, 02:59 PM

Paul is 2005

heattiltheend94
07-23-2010, 03:01 PM
If Paul went to Orlando, the Miami-Orlando game would be epic.

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 03:20 PM

:nod:

KNIXX46
07-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Clearly not since he is talking trade and now they are going to meet with him on Monday...

yooooo! that gif of lebron is tooo gd funny!! i almost pist myself...

Jack_Meoff
07-23-2010, 03:52 PM
yooooo! that gif of lebron is tooo gd funny!! i almost pist myself...

I was looking for the perfect one lol... i had to put it up, im just thinking of a good quote for it....

knicks09
07-23-2010, 04:22 PM

I <3 Haters

basketfan4life
07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
this is why lebron to miami deal is so bad for the nba,wade-bosh duo would be great,orlando is a hell of a team,just as chicago,lebron-amare would be a great duo,or lebron to bulls(which i believe the perfect situation for lebron,playing with awesome players like rose-boozer-noah and being the unquestined MAN of the team)..and you have boston...

but now nobody thinks 2 great players is enough,so if chris paul has the choice,he goes directly to orlando to play with Howard and bunc of very good players,and sends the knicks to death.

OT Thriller
07-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I think the knicks have a better chance than the Magic but I wouldnt just assume Paul gets traded to the east. I think Paul would be AWESOME on the Blazers and would make them an instant contender. Paul, Roy, Aldridge, Camby, Oden, etc! Thats scary. Also if the mavs find a way to land him he would be great there too. ALSO, both the Blazers and the Mavs have more pieces to offer the Hornets than the Knicks or Magic. Dont count out the west!

Knickerbocker34
07-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Orlando is already the second best team in the NBA and will already give the Heat a good game every time .... put him on the Knicks and they are a nice young team that will be fun to watch compete in the East.....

Knickerbocker34
07-23-2010, 04:56 PM
I think the knicks have a better chance than the Magic but I wouldnt just assume Paul gets traded to the east. I think Paul would be AWESOME on the Blazers and would make them an instant contender. Paul, Roy, Aldridge, Camby, Oden, etc! Thats scary. Also if the mavs find a way to land him he would be great there too. ALSO, both the Blazers and the Mavs have more pieces to offer the Hornets than the Knicks or Magic. Dont count out the west!

Knicks would be better than Portland if Chris Paul goes to New York.... PLUS no one wants to go to Portland, whats in Portland? ive never heard of someone saying they wanna go on vacation to Portland, what is in Portland besides for rain and brandon roy it sucks up there, if he can be on a better team in new york then he choosing the knicks over trailblazers any day

kjoke
07-23-2010, 04:56 PM
lebron

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I voted for the Knicks cause they have more to offer the Hornets in return.

Mplsman
07-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Magic would atleast have a line up that could compete, NY still has too many holes to be a contender even with CP3.

zambo4president
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Knicks, instead of having the dominant handful of teams in the East(Heat, Magic, Bulls, Celtics and Hawks)you level out the playing field a little more.

Slimsim
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
CP3 should go to Indiana

D-Block21-Chito
07-23-2010, 05:05 PM

I agree I like orlando.... Because what I want more than anything is Miami to lose every year... Orlando would win every time in a 7 game series...

Patrick Swayze
07-23-2010, 05:06 PM
CP3 should go to Indiana

Lol for who? Rik Smits? I'm willing to bet he would stay in NO before going to the Pacers.

D-Block21-Chito
07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Dwight and cp3 would be one of the best duos in the NBA ever!

jdmd3
07-23-2010, 05:11 PM
From a business standpoint, its better for him to be with the Knicks. Its a bigger market & possesses a bigger fanbase than the Magic. There's more endorsements & publicity going around in NYC & will definitely generate more interest than if he were with the Magic.

From a basketball standpoint, its better for him to be with the Magic. D12 perfectly complements CP3 & will form perhaps the best one-two punch in the NBA. Orlando also has a bunch of shooters that can completely open up the lane for CP3, & will not find a shortage of options to pass to. The Magic also has possessed one of the top 2 defenses in the league for he past 2 years, which gives him more confidence to be more aggresive in defense & capitalize on his talent of forcing turnovers.

Kashmir13579
07-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Orlando, they are contenders already. Even if the Knicks were to aquire Paul they would not be a threat to win the East.

are you serious? news flash: the knicks roster doesnt suck anymore. they might not win the east (miami) but they would definitely be in the conversation and would easily be a top seed.

Sandman
07-23-2010, 05:12 PM
The Knicks are first on the list

The Magic are second.

abcdefghijklmnop

Kashmir13579
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Knicks, instead of having the dominant handful of teams in the East(Heat, Magic, Bulls, Celtics and Hawks)you level out the playing field a little more.

i wouldn't consider the hawks or the bulls to be dominant

Kashmir13579
07-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Orlando is already the second best team in the NBA and will already give the Heat a good game every time .... put him on the Knicks and they are a nice young team that will be fun to watch compete in the East.....

:facepalm:

D-Block21-Chito
07-23-2010, 05:18 PM
i wouldn't consider the hawks or the bulls to be dominant

News flash: Bulls will dominate the knicks even with cp3! Now if you get melo that's a different story. But you knick fans think to much about your team...

Kashmir13579
07-23-2010, 05:19 PM
The Knicks are first on the list

The Magic are second.

abcdefghijklmnop

your sig just made my day, the picture and the step by step process. just amazing stuff bro:D:clap:

Kashmir13579
07-23-2010, 05:28 PM
News flash: Bulls will dominate the knicks even with cp3! Now if you get melo that's a different story. But you knick fans think to much about your team...

ok... let me get this str8. you think the bulls are a dominant team in the nba. you also think that if the knicks get chris paul, they will be "dominated" by the bulls. am i the one who "thinks too* much about (my) team"?

OT Thriller
07-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Knicks would be better than Portland if Chris Paul goes to New York.... PLUS no one wants to go to Portland, whats in Portland? ive never heard of someone saying they wanna go on vacation to Portland, what is in Portland besides for rain and brandon roy it sucks up there, if he can be on a better team in new york then he choosing the knicks over trailblazers any day

Being from the NYC area, you dont have to persuade me on that. Although I hear Portland is an awesome city.

BUT from a team standpoint, from a talent standpoint, I like the Blazers roster A LOT more than the Knicks current roster. With Paul, the Blazers compete for a title. With Paul, the Knicks compete for a high playoff seed. In other words:

Paul/Roy/Aldridge/rest of portland roster > Paul/Amare/Gallo/rest of knicks roster

Raph12
07-23-2010, 06:31 PM
You're pretty funny. It's all very hypothetical considering no one really knows what Melo is doing, but the Knicks would immediately trump the Magic if they ended up assembling that big 3.....No offense to the Magic, but your best player (Dwight) has ZERO Offense which is kinda sad considering he's such an athletic beast. And i don't even want to get started on rashard who is by far the most OVERPAID player in the history of the NBA (and currently one of the most overrated.) If knicks got melo and CP, it would be a 3 team race from that point--LA, MIA and NYK

The Knicks suck and in order to land CP3, they'll need to trade everything they have and be left with CP3, Stat and a bunch of scrubs. Stat is garbage and easily the most overrated star in the league, it would be Phoenix reborn. And who's to say Melo goes to NY for less than the max?

Magic with CP3 >>>>> Knicks with CP3

D Roses Bulls
07-23-2010, 06:42 PM
it would be way better for him to be on the magic. cp and howard...... are you kidding and melo isnt leaving so it would be a waste for him to go to the knicks.

djlamer
07-23-2010, 06:43 PM
knicks for sure.
orlando is already a contending team whereas the knicks are nowhere close

jrm2054
07-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Cp3 and D12 would be scary!!! I think that would be one of the best duos in a long time

Jaji
07-23-2010, 07:50 PM
I'd like to see the Knicks not suck anymore but CP would be so nasty in Orlando. Lobs to Dwight all night.

TopsyTurvy
07-23-2010, 08:11 PM
He would do more for the league in New York than Orlando.

He has the best chances of success if he goes to Orlando.

illegallover
07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Why does CP get a Say in where he wants to go??
This disloyal ingrate asks to be traded publicly, that's not how you handle your business. Especially to team and city who has given everything to you.
New york and Orlando have nothing to offer the hornets. I'm sure NO already have much better offers on the table. Go F$ck yourself Chris Paul

SluggeR
07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
NYK hands down. look at the polls, numbers don't lie.

Enemey
07-23-2010, 08:51 PM
If I owned the hornets I would send paul to the shittiest team and rape their roster

You want a trade welcome to minnesota

haha i would do the same but that kinda backfires on the hornet because who will they get in return ? But I most definitely would not trade him to where he wants to play.

HiphopRelated
07-23-2010, 09:04 PM
If I owned the hornets I would send paul to the shittiest team and rape their roster

You want a trade welcome to minnesota
Don't know why people say that

no team is going to trade for a disgruntled player, that's why he's being traded in the 1st place.

They'll either send him somewhere he wants to go or keep him

andrewblazer21
07-23-2010, 09:09 PM
the blazers will be best fit for paul

97NYer
07-23-2010, 09:13 PM

CP is class of 04

knickfan33
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I like both teams but it would be great to see him play at The Garden and for the Knicks to be relevant again.

mark my words, the knicks will be relevant this year with or w/o CP3. The moves they made this offseason were great. They will be neck and neck with the Hawks and Bulls four the 4-5-6 team in the East.

Cano4prez
07-23-2010, 09:23 PM
If he went to the Knicks they would be relevant again, and it could renew the old Heat-Knicks rivalry

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 09:43 PM
the blazers will be best fit for paul

With Roy they would be Sick out west.

NBA-GMaster
07-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Either of these teams will make a better team.. If the Knicks get CP3, Its impossible for the Knicks to get Anthony next season because of Okafor's contract unless they trade him in the offseson for a 2nd rd pick.. If the Magic gets CP3, Florida will be the luckiest state in the NBA..

D Roses Bulls
07-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Paul and Howard would be the best one-two punch, and it would be awesomecause the magic play the heat 4 times a year. thats a better fit. dwight, paul>amare,paul

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Paul and Howard would be the best one-two punch, and it would be awesomecause the magic play the heat 4 times a year. thats a better fit. dwight, paul>amare,paul

I like the combination really well. It would be a lesser version than Penny and Shaq

Team*Chicago
07-23-2010, 10:39 PM
I say he should go to the Magic because that will set up another blockade for the Heat. The Magic are already a good team and competed in the Finals before. With Chris and Dwight plus some 3 point shooting from any other players on that team that should knock the Heat out of the playoffs since the Heat don't have a PG and a C.

PC
07-23-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm a little biased but if the Knicks can get Paul, the Bulls, Heat, and Knicks fighting it out in the Eastern conference would just be amazing

Team*Chicago
07-23-2010, 10:46 PM
mark my words, the knicks will be relevant this year with or w/o CP3. The moves they made this offseason were great. They will be neck and neck with the Hawks and Bulls four the 4-5-6 team in the East.

I don't know about that my friend the NBA.com website had the Bulls ranked at #3 in the East only passed up by the Heat and Magic and the Knicks at #7.

JARVIS123
07-25-2010, 11:49 PM
orlando because they have Howard.

phoenix_bladen
07-26-2010, 01:21 AM
CP is class of 04

fail

he's in class of 2005

Ty Fast
07-26-2010, 01:27 AM
knicks

Wade>You
07-26-2010, 01:28 AM
NOTE: I also think if he goes to either team, it would be 80's Eastern Conference all over again.would love to see that.

Evolution23
07-26-2010, 01:34 AM
I am knick fan but I honestly do believe its better for the NBA if Paul went to the Knicks... That way the east will be more balanced.

The Magic are already contenders. With Paul They will become the 1st or 2nd best team in the east.
The Heat are Contenders.
The Bulls will probably be contenders.
The Celtics will be contenders again, they have their 4 stars who will make noise again.
Without Paul the Knicks will make the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs but will not contend, but with Paul they can def contend.

Lakersho
07-26-2010, 02:01 AM
...dont matter to me , but. i think orlando , because he was told to stay out west, not to go to the east. beside that, rather see hornets get him some help and he stay there. they really love him. and new orleans needs thier hero's...

Hugbees
07-26-2010, 02:17 AM
not even questionable.. knicks

Sinattle
07-26-2010, 02:23 AM
If the Knicks can pull Melo at some point then the Knicks if not then Orlando.

uprightciti
07-26-2010, 02:23 AM
this is a joke right??

GoldenArmor24
07-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Best for the League because they are losing $$ Then it's got to be the Knicks. Then all the large market teams would be relavent at the same time. You would have NY,LA,CHI,BOS,DAL,DET who am I missing? All these teams in the playoffs or on the verge of. Would be a great mix to go with the MIA,ORL,OKL,ATL,UTAH,SA,PORT. I'm sure I'm missing some but you get the point.
I would love for him to stay where he is but reality is it doesn't look like he will.

sargon21
07-26-2010, 02:43 AM
the knicks, parity = success, look at the NFL

mynameismo
07-26-2010, 03:33 AM
As much as I'd like to see CP3 throw alley hoops to Dwight.
I'm still hoping the new GM gets him some help and he stays in NO.

knicksfan23
07-26-2010, 03:46 AM

o really we dont deserve anything? what makes you say that? the last ten seasons have been garbage, we ****IN deserve this

ball4reel
07-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Orlando already have a contender without Paul, The knicks would be on there way to where they to were in the 90's

SANDBURG23
07-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Orlando for sure, the would be very studly with him. Ny is going to get Carmelo I'm pretty sure they going to get a squad anyway. Start getting some real competion in the
NBA again.

SouthSideRookie
07-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Orlando, The Knicks would be better with Paul, but nowhere near a contender.

wayneo11
07-26-2010, 04:39 AM
i know they are not in the question asked but portland would be the best place he could go for the nba because it would be nice to have a small martet team be a contender as it stands there are really none at the moment

ntat
07-26-2010, 04:39 AM

Fans around the league are not sitting around for the past decade thinking man, if only the knicks didnt suck basketball would be awesome.

ntat
07-26-2010, 04:41 AM
o really we dont deserve anything? what makes you say that? the last ten seasons have been garbage, we ****IN deserve this

Because u guys pissed unlimited resources away on ****** contracts and players.

TehSamurai
07-26-2010, 04:43 AM
If he can convince his bankrupt owner to spend on his team then sure.

Shinn doesn't have to spend when he's selling the team.

It's clear that no one here keeps up with the Hornets, since they keep repeating the things ESPN says about them.

SouthSideRookie
07-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Im trying to remember the last time the Knicks were good,,mmm, ohh yeah, Ewing got schooled by Olajuwon LOL

JordansBulls
07-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Im trying to remember the last time the Knicks were good,,mmm, ohh yeah, Ewing got schooled by Olajuwon LOL

They were good from 1995-2000 as well.

dc_k1ng
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
The Magic of course CP at the point Vince Carter Rashad Lewis and D.Howard instant contender

JordansBulls
07-27-2010, 08:58 AM
The Magic of course CP at the point Vince Carter Rashad Lewis and D.Howard instant contender

So wouldn't it be better for another team to be a legit contender as well?

S-Dot
07-27-2010, 09:01 AM
For me, I would love to see him on the Knicks.

For the league, it would be great to see him in Orlando. The top PG and Center on the same team...we haven't seen that in a long time. They're both pretty young too.

JordansBulls
07-28-2010, 08:50 AM
For me, I would love to see him on the Knicks.

For the league, it would be great to see him in Orlando. The top PG and Center on the same team...we haven't seen that in a long time. They're both pretty young too.

With the Knicks a Bulls vs Knicks series would be epic.

S-Dot
07-28-2010, 08:54 AM

And the Knick/Miami rivalry series would be back as well. But the potential of a huge in-state Florida rivalry with possibly 4 of the top six most popular players in that series with Dwight, CP3, Wade, and King James would be epic. A huge in-state rivalry would be great.

cubbearbulls18
07-28-2010, 08:59 AM

I gotta say I still think the Knicks wouldn't be very good. They MIGHT just MAYBE be a .500 team if they add CP3. 2 good players + a bunch of junk = MAYBE .500

The Miami Cheat
07-28-2010, 09:24 AM
as much as i would love to see him as a knick...i think he's fine in N.O.

BKNets21
07-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Knicks

futureman
07-28-2010, 09:58 AM
He will fit better with orlando. New York will not win anything all they will be is the Phoenix Suns version 2.

uws
07-28-2010, 10:22 AM
knicks because it creates more parody in the league. an in state florida rivalry with the two best teams in the league is not very good for bball... but NYC vs. the two florida already powerhouses vs. chicago vs. the lakers vs. the we still have something to say celtics

that sounds like good basketball

uws
07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
oh and lets not forget the young gun thunder

king4day
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
NY for the sake of more balance in the east.
Orlando for what would become the best rivalry in the NBA with Miami.

97NYer
07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Knicks

geraptor
07-28-2010, 10:59 AM
I gotta say I still think the Knicks wouldn't be very good. They MIGHT just MAYBE be a .500 team if they add CP3. 2 good players + a bunch of junk = MAYBE .500

:bs:

GeekInThePink
07-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Orlando

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
07-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Well it depends on what is better. Knicks would make the East more balanced after Miami but Magic would be a legit opponent to Miami amd provide some real competition.

They already are....

JordansBulls
07-29-2010, 08:13 AM

This must be a joke.

Kashmir13579
07-29-2010, 07:01 PM
the knicks would be an orlando caliber team (better anyone?) if they landed cp3. imho. i know i'm being a homer but i'm not that convinced orlando is as good as everyone thinks. i've seen them fail in the postseason year after year.

ManRam
07-29-2010, 07:05 PM
the knicks would be an orlando caliber team (better anyone?) if they landed cp3. imho. i know i'm being a homer but i'm not that convinced orlando is as good as everyone thinks. i've seen them fail in the postseason year after year.

But they've made it to the FINALS and the ECF the last two years.

If that's failing, I'd love to know what every other team not named LA did those last two years.

omagicdon
07-29-2010, 09:34 PM
obviously as a TRUE MAGIC fan i will say cp3 is a better fit for ORLANDO, but it also happens to be true...with cp3 there is no team that can beat us. those *****es down in miami might give us the best challenge. look how well cp3 and chandler meshed. and chandler isn't in the same gallexy as D12. cp's impact would be immediate. our useless point guard has never averaged more than 5.6 assists!!!! with DWIGHT HOWARD....

dtmagnet
07-29-2010, 09:50 PM
How about him staying with the team that he has a contract with?

SA5195
07-29-2010, 09:53 PM
None, please stay in the Western Conference lol.

JordansBulls
08-01-2010, 10:34 AM
None, please stay in the Western Conference lol.

Going to Denver would be perfect.