PDA

View Full Version : The basketball universe should be thanking the Heat!!!

Laker Legend42
07-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Although what the Heat pulled off wasn't popular overall. If it did nothing else it made other teams step their games up and it got some guys paid(like B.Haywood) for fear of losing a player to the Heat. The Commish is rolling in the floor just thinking what this coming year can be. Clearly the Lakers were paying attention to the Heat. This coming year the bottom feeding teams are gonna have a tough go of things. I can't wait. This could quite possibly be one of the best seasons ever.

Wade>You
07-23-2010, 04:20 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

Can't wait for the season to start to see the new look East and how they stack up against the LakeShow.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 09:35 AM
I agree. I love the aggression of the Heat. I'll admit, I'm a 'typical' Heat fan... fair weather as they come. I'm not really even a Heat fan but they're one of the teams I've always liked. I rooted for them in 06 like most Floridians I know :D.

What I am is a LeBron fan. Being from Buffalo and having no home team to pledge my allegiance to, I recognized the greatness and began to root for LeBron the minute I learned he was from Akron, a city I used to spend summers in as a kid.

So as a LeBron fan that means I've been rooting for the Cavs for the last several years. One thing that always bothered me was that they only made moves to try to play "catch up" with other teams. Like when Dwight killed them in the 09 ECF, they went out and got Shaq to match up with Howard. Then they lost to Boston and never even saw Dwight.

That's just a dumb FO move IMO. Instead of trying to match up with other teams, step up to their level, why not step past them? Why not make them match up with you? Don't adjust, you shouldn't have to. Make them adjust to what you're doing.

That's what the Heat did, they stepped it up. Now if you wanna compete for the NBA title for the next 6 or 7 years, you're gonna hafta step it up too.

And really Boston was the 1st to do it with their Big 3. Miami's Big 3 is just younger and better. Its 2010. Get ready for a new era. LeBron and the Heat.

king4day
07-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Haywood would never have gone to the Heat with how much he was asking for. In fact, the Mavs probably lose leverage after Miami no longer had room to sign him.
Dallas didn't have a whole lot of competition with the salary they offered.

Given they offered Diop the MLE when no other team in the league wanted him a couple years ago, I doubt Cuban was thinking a lower offer until Miami came along.

And while Stern may be thrilled now, if this is the new trend where teams try to form super groups, then the competition will be so lopsided and fans will lose interest.
If you have a cheap owner and your team has a long way to go before competing again, what would keep a fan interested (like the Pacers for example).

Someone mentioned yesterday that you should be able to limit how many max guys you can sign. I think a better idea is to do it like MLB does it and depending on the amount of "A" level free agents, you can only get 1, maybe 2. That'll keep the league competitive. When fans feel like their team has a shot each year or that their time is soon, you will make far more money than if these big 3's keep forming on only a few teams.

DLeeicious
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
All it did for the league was unite every non-Heat fan in a common goal to prevent Lebron from winning a title. We all now are fans of our own teams and whoever is playing the Heat.

Brooklyn Mets
07-23-2010, 09:54 AM
All it did for the league was unite every non-Heat fan in a common goal to prevent Lebron from winning a title. We all now are fans of our own teams and whoever is playing the Heat.

x2

Pharoe18
07-23-2010, 10:04 AM
LOL, love being the evil empire of the NBA! Now I know how Yankee fans feel.

Da Knicks
07-23-2010, 10:04 AM

I could care less about the Heat, Lakers or Bulls for that matter, I want the Knicks to win.:D

Da Knicks
07-23-2010, 10:05 AM

The evil empire is still in Los Angeles buddy.

12to85
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
I agree. I love the aggression of the Heat. I'll admit, I'm a 'typical' Heat fan... fair weather as they come. I'm not really even a Heat fan but they're one of the teams I've always liked. I rooted for them in 06 like most Floridians I know :D.

What I am is a LeBron fan. Being from Buffalo and having no home team to pledge my allegiance to, I recognized the greatness and began to root for LeBron the minute I learned he was from Akron, a city I used to spend summers in as a kid.

So as a LeBron fan that means I've been rooting for the Cavs for the last several years. One thing that always bothered me was that they only made moves to try to play "catch up" with other teams. Like when Dwight killed them in the 09 ECF, they went out and got Shaq to match up with Howard. Then they lost to Boston and never even saw Dwight.

That's just a dumb FO move IMO. Instead of trying to match up with other teams, step up to their level, why not step past them? Why not make them match up with you? Don't adjust, you shouldn't have to. Make them adjust to what you're doing.

That's what the Heat did, they stepped it up. Now if you wanna compete for the NBA title for the next 6 or 7 years, you're gonna hafta step it up too.

And really Boston was the 1st to do it with their Big 3. Miami's Big 3 is just younger and better. Its 2010. Get ready for a new era. LeBron and the Heat.

lol you can call an apple an orange but its still an apple. You sir are a BANDWAGON FAN.

JasonJohnHorn
07-23-2010, 10:14 AM

You'll have to wait until the actually WIN a few titles before you know what if feels like to be a "Yankee" fan.

And "Yankee" fans still show up to games when the team isnt winning. Not a knock on you personally, but I'm sure you know as well as anybody, folks in Miami dont show up to games when the team isnt playing well. They were a playoff team this year and still had a hard time selling seats. New York fans are hard core, even the Knicks sell out and they have been $#!T for over a decade!

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Haywood would never have gone to the Heat with how much he was asking for. In fact, the Mavs probably lose leverage after Miami no longer had room to sign him.
Dallas didn't have a whole lot of competition with the salary they offered.

Given they offered Diop the MLE when no other team in the league wanted him a couple years ago, I doubt Cuban was thinking a lower offer until Miami came along.

And while Stern may be thrilled now, if this is the new trend where teams try to form super groups, then the competition will be so lopsided and fans will lose interest.
If you have a cheap owner and your team has a long way to go before competing again, what would keep a fan interested (like the Pacers for example).

Someone mentioned yesterday that you should be able to limit how many max guys you can sign. I think a better idea is to do it like MLB does it and depending on the amount of "A" level free agents, you can only get 1, maybe 2. That'll keep the league competitive. When fans feel like their team has a shot each year or that their time is soon, you will make far more money than if these big 3's keep forming on only a few teams.

I agree with the majority of this post. I tend to believe a hard cap, a hard roster requirement and the elimination of exceptions would be a more feasible and better solution to create an atmosphere of competition in the NBA. The MLB comparison fails because in the MLB he who has the most gold doesn't always win. In the NBA, the few haves are always there in the end, and the many have-nots are never there. That is by (poor) design. Someone lied to David Stern and told him that if he fixed the league so that major markets have the best teams the league would flourish.

davidst.hubbins
07-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Nvm

siralex
07-23-2010, 10:20 AM

the heat have existed since 1988, and they have won one championship.

the yankees are over a hundred years old, and have won 27 world championships.

in other words, they have 27 titles, and the heat have only existed 22 years. (and i dont even like the yankees)

do not compare yourself to the yankees (and i dont even like the yankees).

the tripe that has been coming out of some of these newly created miami fans is just rediculous.

davidst.hubbins
07-23-2010, 10:21 AM

You're a clown. That is all.

djlamer
07-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Although what the Heat pulled off wasn't popular overall. If it did nothing else it made other teams step their games up and it got some guys paid(like B.Haywood) for fear of losing a player to the Heat. The Commish is rolling in the floor just thinking what this coming year can be. Clearly the Lakers were paying attention to the Heat. This coming year the bottom feeding teams are gonna have a tough go of things. I can't wait. This could quite possibly be one of the best seasons ever.

thats exactly the problem, those teams were already having a tough time competing, i can't even imagine how they are gonna do this year. i think alot of teams are gonna get sold as the owners will be losing alot of money cause they don't have an all-star and can't sell tickets. the disparity between the elite and the non-contenders is as big as lebrons ego.

Big Zo
07-23-2010, 10:22 AM

Now if they all went to the Bulls it would be: "Why ya'll hatin'?" lol. Oh the bitterness! :cool:

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-23-2010, 10:31 AM
You'll have to wait until the actually WIN a few titles before you know what if feels like to be a "Yankee" fan.

And "Yankee" fans still show up to games when the team isnt winning. Not a knock on you personally, but I'm sure you know as well as anybody, folks in Miami dont show up to games when the team isnt playing well. They were a playoff team this year and still had a hard time selling seats. New York fans are hard core, even the Knicks sell out and they have been $#!T for over a decade!

You know what is sad though is the fact that "NY fans" cheer for other teams best players when they come to the Garden. How many times did LeBron get a standing O from the "Knicks" fans? All the time. So don't make it seem like Knicks fans are diehard fans. They fill the arena to cheer for the other team just as much if not more than they fill it to root for the Knicks.

JayW_1023
07-23-2010, 10:34 AM
If Zo would come out of retirement I'm sure he could still take the job as starting center.

Laker Legend42
07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
thats exactly the problem, those teams were already having a tough time competing, i can't even imagine how they are gonna do this year. i think alot of teams are gonna get sold as the owners will be losing alot of money cause they don't have an all-star and can't sell tickets. the disparity between the elite and the non-contenders is as big as lebrons ego.

It's like every other rule. The leauge comes up with something then teams find a way around it. The rule to stop high schoolers from entering the NBA (which I think is dumb) Jennings went overseas for a year. You can stop teams from talking about another teams player but you can't stop players from talking to eachother. Truth is there will never be competitive balance and I don't think the NBA cares too much,as long as the major markets have winning teams. Short term (as in next season) things will be fine. Long term a lot of teams will suffer. I think the NBA would benefit if they got rid of a few teams. Toronto, Memphis and New Orleans just to name a few.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 10:47 AM
this just made the nba extremly top heavy. is it a bad thing? it seems like it but its not

Chi City23
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Now if they all went to the Bulls it would be: "Why ya'll hatin'?" lol. Oh the bitterness! :cool:

In all honesty a lot of Bulls fans probably wouldn't have wanted it. A couple of them didn't even want just Lebron because of his antics or because they felt it would kill Rose's stats. Now imagine Lebron, Wade and Bosh with Rose. It just wouldn't be fair. Plus too many ball dominate players which I don't think would work.

BrandonH
07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
It's like every other rule. The leauge comes up with something then teams find a way around it. The rule to stop high schoolers from entering the NBA (which I think is dumb) Jennings went overseas for a year. You can stop teams from talking about another teams player but you can't stop players from talking to eachother. Truth is there will never be competitive balance and I don't think the NBA cares too much,as long as the major markets have winning teams. Short term (as in next season) things will be fine. Long term a lot of teams will suffer. I think the NBA would benefit if they got rid of a few teams. Toronto, Memphis and New Orleans just to name a few.

Getting rid of Toronto would be the most ****tarded move ever made in the history of the NBA. The comissioner is trying to make basketball popular world wide. What does that say to international countries if you cant even keep a basketball team a few miles outside of your border? Besides, Toronto fans are loyal. We've had maybe 4 good seasons out of 15 and regardless of how **** our teams have been, the Toronto fans have still been in the middle of the pact when it comes to ticket sales. There are a bunch of other teams that should go before even considering Toronto.

As for this Heat garbage. Next season is going to be great. Yeah you have three superstars, in their prime, on one team. However, if they dominate, it will be horrible in the seasons to follow. Why would anyone outside of LA and Miami want to watch the NBA. Even if your team did build like a Portland or OKC. When you come up against the Heat you will always be the underdog and the likelyhood is that all your rebuilding and all of the development was for nothing. The Heat have three superstars and a bunch of player who want to jump on the bandwagon because they dont have the talent to lead a team on their own, they are roleplayers who likely wont ever get a shot at a ring or the NBA has simply become a soft league full of players without the drive to be the best at what they do.

Hoopsadvocate
07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
:clap:

exactly as i said it would now its even causing guys like cp3 to seek help from another team to form elite competition. The NBA is on the rise my friends. Pat riley for commisioner .

uws
07-23-2010, 11:30 AM
shut up.

Ethix11
07-23-2010, 11:33 AM
I like the enthusiasm. Some people are saying that basketball used to be more competitive. I disagree. Now teams will have the challenge to make their teams better. Basketball was in its golden age back in the 90s when Jordan dominated the NBA until he became legend. I think this will set a new championship standard and we will see more competitive basketball which means better basketball across the globe hence, basketball has been upgraded. :p If you mad, you might as well go crawl under a rock and wait to die until its all over. If you don't like real competition that is.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 11:40 AM
^ i agree

Chi City23
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
I like the enthusiasm. Some people are saying that basketball used to be more competitive. I disagree. Now teams will have the challenge to make their teams better. Basketball was in its golden age back in the 90s when Jordan dominated the NBA until he became legend. I think this will set a new championship standard and we will see more competitive basketball which means better basketball across the globe hence, basketball has been upgraded. :p If you mad, you might as well go crawl under a rock and wait to die until its all over. If you don't like real competition that is.

Real competition isn't three superstars joining forces on their own power to conquer the NBA. Real competition is when those superstars battle each other out to prove they are the GOAT.

The 90's was so popular cuz you had so many superstars spread out across the league and also having Jordan didn't hurt :D

DLeeicious
07-23-2010, 11:47 AM
I could care less about the Heat, Lakers or Bulls for that matter, I want the Knicks to win.:D

Obviously thats the most important thing - having your own team win. I didn't mean to sound like Bulls winning = Lebron losing because it's far from that. Don't tell me though it wouldn't be satisfying to see Lebron not win after this offseason.

DLeeicious
07-23-2010, 11:48 AM

Definitely not bitter - I'm also not hating Miami. I just really came to dislike Lebron this offseason.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
What really sucks about the Heat becoming relevant is that I used to like root for them when they were the underdogs.

I mean who doesn't root for the underdog.

Think of all those countless years that we could root for them, all those failed seasons, season after season that we could all root for them. But sadly, those days have finally come to an end. The days of rooting for a team that never had a shot for years upon years with the exception of 06, happy days no more.

BeantownBill
07-23-2010, 11:55 AM

Yeah, exactly! Oh, wait .. minus all the championships and history, and being known as the benchmark against which all other franchises are compared. Yeah, except for those things, you now know how Yankee fans feel!

Don't get carried away, there are two great franchises in the NBA no matter what other teams fans might think, and only two. The Miami Heat? Yep, you guessed right. You're not one of them. :p

BeantownBill
07-23-2010, 11:56 AM

I guess you didn't get to many Yankee games back in the 80's

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, exactly! Oh, wait .. minus all the championships and history, and being known as the benchmark against which all other franchises are compared. Yeah, except for those things, you now know how Yankee fans feel!

Don't get carried away, there are two great franchises in the NBA no matter what other teams fans might think, and only two. The Miami Heat? Yep, you guessed right. You're not one of them. :p

LOL, sarcasm rules.

gunsandtallica
07-23-2010, 12:04 PM
wow. its amazing to me how many homos post on this board. stop riding the miami flamers bandwagon. those guys are str8 up sissys. oh i wanna play with you oh i wanna play with you too, lets make a pact and all play together it would be so fun. how cool, we wouldnt have to shoulder being the man on our team anymore. 3 cowardly homos is all they are

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 12:07 PM
wow. its amazing to me how many homos post on this board. stop riding the miami flamers bandwagon. those guys are str8 up sissys. oh i wanna play with you oh i wanna play with you too, lets make a pact and all play together it would be so fun. how cool, we wouldnt have to shoulder being the man on our team anymore. 3 cowardly homos is all they are

I don't know if Wade should be included on your list, I mean that is his team and his house, the others joined him. Although, I think the cowardly homo thing is a little over the top I get your point.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
^lol

killersweet
07-23-2010, 12:10 PM

:facepalm: We still have a pretty good fan base and we are not struggling attendence wise. Our ownership is willing to spend the money. Why would you want to get rid of Toronto? Think before Ink!

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 12:10 PM
^lol

^lol

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:11 PM

homos cuz they want to win? the NBA most be full of homos then

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:12 PM
^lol

my bad that was for heat are homos guy

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 12:15 PM
my bad that was for heat are homos guy

No offense taken, I thought it was funny.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:20 PM
:facepalm: We still have a pretty good fan base and we are not struggling attendence wise. Our ownership is willing to spend the money. Why would you want to get rid of Toronto? Think before Ink!

cuz toronto will be irelevent

DaBUU
07-23-2010, 12:20 PM

good post, the whole "we want to play with each other" is really gay

RaiderLakersA's
07-23-2010, 12:21 PM

You greatly overestimate the impact of the Heat's offseason acquisitions. Let's end the hype. PLEASE.

Haywood would have been paid either way, because he had several teams mining for him. Don't credit the Heat for the change in his tax bracket. Haywood could have gone to any number of teams that were offering premium contracts to him. He was also contacted by the Lakers, and could have signed with a championship organization which is as great a lure for a veteran as anything Miami has assembled presently. All of this BEFORE anyone knew that Lebron, Chris and Dwyane had publicly announced their "decision." We can't give credit to Miami for that.

As for the Lakers...I've said it once, and I'll say it again: The Lakers management aren't building the team to beat the Heat. We already have the coaching, the leadership and a solid team core that can put the Heat down in a 7 game series. No, the Lakers are building a deep roster that will beat ALL of the teams in the league and leave no doubt. It's got nothing to do with the Heat or the Magic or the Celtics or the Mavs or any SPECIFIC opponent. We're taking all the marbles.

The Lakers management knew before the season was even over that they would need to sign Fisher's replacement or a solid PG who could play key minutes. They also knew that a veteran center was needed. Finally, adding a scorer/defender to the bench mob was also a valued target. Adding those acquisitions to the players that were drafted would be the best way to make our off season a success and position the Lakers -- after Phil trains them up -- for another Championship run.

For all of the hype, media buy-ins and curious ill-conceived slants, the NBA doesn't revolve around the Heat. Never did. You'll see that at the end of the next season when the storyline will be ...

...the Lakers to tie the franchise record for championships...

...Phil Jackson to win his 4th threepeat...

...Kobe Bryant to tie the GOAT with 6 championship rings...

Wait for it.

As for the Heat...remember those images of Dwyane Wade and his kids watching the Lakers and the Celtics battle it out in the Finals in Boston last season? Or Bosh watching the Finals at Staples? Well, add LBJ in the adjoining seat and get used to that image. At least for the next season or two.

idub81
07-23-2010, 12:30 PM
lets be honest the only fans that are mad are knicks, bulls, and cav fans(rightfully so) at the beginning of free agency none of you cared about the poor little bottom feeder teams or level of competition because you thought your team had a chance to land lebron and bosh or wade and bosh. i wanna ask the bulls fans a question would you still be worried about the level of competition if your team landed james and bosh to go with rose and noah(be honest). though i dont agree with the way lebron handled the whole thing with the decision show and all that crap what they did in miami is force these other teams to step their game up

Hugbees
07-23-2010, 12:31 PM

If by that you mean force teams to waaaaaaaay overpay players then you're right.. Look at the ridiculous contracts that have been signed so far this offseason. How many of them actually signed for their true value? Most of these teams will be stuck with mediocre garbage and absolutely no flexibility for years to come. So yeah.. Thanks Miami!! :facepalm:

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:32 PM
^ agree 100 %

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
wait no i 100 % agree with idub81 lol

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:34 PM
If by that you mean force teams to waaaaaaaay overpay players then you're right.. Look at the ridiculous contracts that have been signed so far this offseason. How many of them actually signed for their true value? Most of these teams will be stuck with mediocre garbage and absolutely no flexibility for years to come. So yeah.. Thanks Miami!! :facepalm:

how did the heat do that? all these guys would of been over paid anyway

Carey
07-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Haywood was the best free agent center available, he was gonna get overpaid anyway. Guys get overpaid every year because of supply and demand and believed upside. The teams that wanna compete make moves to do so regardless of what the Heat did. I do think the Heat changed anything that any other teams have done to this point.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
wait no i 100 % agree with idub81 lol

No, you can't change it now. Aha, so you admit you guys screwed up the league.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:39 PM
No, you can't change it now. Aha, so you admit you guys screwed up the league.

hah naa

Heater4life
07-23-2010, 12:41 PM

in other words, they have 27 titles, and the heat have only existed 22 years. (and i dont even like the yankees)

the tripe that has been coming out of some of these newly created miami fans is just rediculous.

And the the non-sensical posts coming out of the general psd fan base is ridiculously childish. He meant it in the sense "everybody hates us, everybody wants to take down the yankees, if theres any team people want to see lose above all others its the yankees".

But now he's comparing the Heat to the Yankees, and we need to win 27 titles in 100 years. Its tripe that were the most hated team at the moment???

:facepalm:

This is ****ing ridiculous!!!

idub81
07-23-2010, 12:41 PM

how is that the heat fault when wade james and bosh all signed for less then they could of gotten somewhere else? oh i get it because they took less that meant other teams had to automatically pay these mediocre players as u put it more then they were worth

DCSportsIsPain
07-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I guess you didn't get to many Yankee games back in the 80's

Yea, that's another subject but fans were calling for George's head all the way through his reinstatement.

Heater4life
07-23-2010, 12:48 PM

Maybe if teams hired a capable Gm, who has a plan, cough cough Pat Riley, maybe they wouldnt throw their team in the *******.

Look at the Raptors, Colangelo lives his career signing mediocre players to horrible contracts. Turk, Amir johnson, linas kleiza, c'mon now. dont blame the big three, blame your gms

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 12:52 PM
dont hate the player hate the game!!! lol idk

Me and Mr. T
07-23-2010, 12:57 PM

Did the Heat win 27 World Championships while I was asleep last night? Win a couple championships and MAYBE you'll know what it's like to be a Yankees fan. Even when the Yankees sucked they still had great crowds at the stadium. Whatever Heat fans there are just jumped on the bandwagon.

Diggy_2
07-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Im just happy that the Bulls put together a team that will compete in the East

DLeeicious
07-23-2010, 01:15 PM
lets be honest the only fans that are mad are knicks, bulls, and cav fans(rightfully so) at the beginning of free agency none of you cared about the poor little bottom feeder teams or level of competition because you thought your team had a chance to land lebron and bosh or wade and bosh. i wanna ask the bulls fans a question would you still be worried about the level of competition if your team landed james and bosh to go with rose and noah(be honest). though i dont agree with the way lebron handled the whole thing with the decision show and all that crap what they did in miami is force these other teams to step their game up

Here's my answer and I've always felt this way...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452188

I got mocked at the time for the idea of a "superteam" and how I thought it was bad for the league, but now more people seem to get it.

Coocoo4Cubs!
07-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Youre a scrub

Laker Legend42
07-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Getting rid of Toronto would be the most ****tarded move ever made in the history of the NBA. The comissioner is trying to make basketball popular world wide. What does that say to international countries if you cant even keep a basketball team a few miles outside of your border? Besides, Toronto fans are loyal. We've had maybe 4 good seasons out of 15 and regardless of how **** our teams have been, the Toronto fans have still been in the middle of the pact when it comes to ticket sales. There are a bunch of other teams that should go before even considering Toronto.

As for this Heat garbage. Next season is going to be great. Yeah you have three superstars, in their prime, on one team. However, if they dominate, it will be horrible in the seasons to follow. Why would anyone outside of LA and Miami want to watch the NBA. Even if your team did build like a Portland or OKC. When you come up against the Heat you will always be the underdog and the likelyhood is that all your rebuilding and all of the development was for nothing. The Heat have three superstars and a bunch of player who want to jump on the bandwagon because they dont have the talent to lead a team on their own, they are roleplayers who likely wont ever get a shot at a ring or the NBA has simply become a soft league full of players without the drive to be the best at what they do.I'm good with the NBA going all international but how does it help when no one, not even people from Canada wants to play there? I think in some ways the NBA has spread itself too thin. There are teams in this leauge that would have been gone if not collective barganing. I'm not a fan of what the Heat did but I'm not mad at them. I do think the Heat had prior knowledge of what was to come beacuse I've never seen an entire team dumped in one offseason. Long term I agree it's bad for the leauge.

HoopsDrive
07-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Wrong. Toronto is one of the largest markets in North America and the Raptors rank in the top half in attendance every year even when their team blows. Imagine if they can get their hands on a good one.

ElMarroAfamado
07-23-2010, 02:48 PM
i give the HEAT fans one year before they start bashing lebron james

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
i give the HEAT fans one year before they start bashing lebron james

what makes u think this?

Laker Legend42
07-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Wrong. Toronto is one of the largest markets in North America and the Raptors rank in the top half in attendance every year even when their team blows. Imagine if they can get their hands on a good one.

That's the difficult part. Getting one to come there. Maybe I jumped on Toronto a little quick but some teams really need to throw in the towel. For years the Lakers have been the biggest draw in the leauge. This comming season the Heat will be right there selling out road games.Even in Toronto:D

BrandonH
07-23-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm good with the NBA going all international but how does it help when no one, not even people from Canada wants to play there? I think in some ways the NBA has spread itself too thin. There are teams in this leauge that would have been gone if not collective barganing. I'm not a fan of what the Heat did but I'm not mad at them. I do think the Heat had prior knowledge of what was to come beacuse I've never seen an entire team dumped in one offseason. Long term I agree it's bad for the leauge.

The problem is that Toronto doesnt have a winning culture. Add to the fact that the media is always on about our taxes and of course some people arent going to want to come here. I mean look at that NY media member who drilled Ed Davis about our so called horrible taxes and having to save a receipt for everything he buys here. I know the country has high taxes, but some states in America have the same. Point is that everything negative seems to be focused on and blown out of proportion when it comes to playing in this country.

However, there are people who want to play here. We have a strong influx of Eurpoeans who want to come here. I mean we snagged one of the top free agents last year in Hedo. Sadly though he got hooked on our Pizza Pizza and Sprite value meal.

Lets be honest, how hot of a city is OkC? Id say about as great as Nebraska on a Friday night. However, they now have a winning culture and that team is a hot ticket for younger players. Toronto would be the same, the Raps need to do is establish that and they wont become irrelvant.

I'm not mad at the Heat either. I'm rather annoyed at the coverage they get as I'm tired of every NBA related story seemingly being about them. And yes, I think they've doomed the NBA. This isnt about competition anymore. That would be all of the best players trying to lead a team built around them. Now its like the 9th graders beating on the 4th graders. Its truly not a fair fight.

Wade>You
07-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Definitely not bitter - I'm also not hating Miami. I just really came to dislike Lebron this offseason.I find it hard to imagine that Bulls fans would hate LeBron if he was in a Bulls uniform.

Laker Legend42
07-23-2010, 04:53 PM
The problem is that Toronto doesnt have a winning culture. Add to the fact that the media is always on about our taxes and of course some people arent going to want to come here. I mean look at that NY media member who drilled Ed Davis about our so called horrible taxes and having to save a receipt for everything he buys here. I know the country has high taxes, but some states in America have the same. Point is that everything negative seems to be focused on and blown out of proportion when it comes to playing in this country.

However, there are people who want to play here. We have a strong influx of Eurpoeans who want to come here. I mean we snagged one of the top free agents last year in Hedo. Sadly though he got hooked on our Pizza Pizza and Sprite value meal.

Lets be honest, how hot of a city is OkC? Id say about as great as Nebraska on a Friday night. However, they now have a winning culture and that team is a hot ticket for younger players. Toronto would be the same, the Raps need to do is establish that and they wont become irrelvant.

I'm not mad at the Heat either. I'm rather annoyed at the coverage they get as I'm tired of every NBA related story seemingly being about them. And yes, I think they've doomed the NBA. This isnt about competition anymore. That would be all of the best players trying to lead a team built around them. Now its like the 9th graders beating on the 4th graders. Its truly not a fair fight.
The only reason OKC sells out is because yes they're winning and pro basketball is new. The second they cool off it's over. I lived in Oklahoma for a while and like Nebraska it's all about football. I had some really good Caramel candies from Canada,maybe Hedo did too.:D I'd come and play there if I could get more of that candy.

BeantownBill
07-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Did the Heat win 27 World Championships while I was asleep last night? Win a couple championships and MAYBE you'll know what it's like to be a Yankees fan. Even when the Yankees sucked they still had great crowds at the stadium. Whatever Heat fans there are just jumped on the bandwagon.

I'll give them this - they may not have sold out the Stadium during those down years, but Yankee fans are fans for life and you will NEVER see a true Yankee fan jump ship because they have a series of bad years. Those guys believe they're still THE team to beat regardless of how strong they are from year to year. You have to applaud that kind of loyalty.

Miami Heat? Please. I have jerseys older than your franchise. :p

BeantownBill
07-23-2010, 07:01 PM

I'll give them this - they may not have sold out the Stadium during those down years, but Yankee fans are fans for life and you will NEVER see a true Yankee fan jump ship because they have a series of bad years. Those guys believe they're still THE team to beat regardless of how strong they are from year to year. You have to applaud that kind of loyalty.

Miami Heat? Please. I have jerseys older than your franchise. :p

That said, I still believe they're going to kick all kinds of *** this year before getting knocked off in the ECF. Beyond that I won't be betting against them.

BeantownBill
07-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Crap, sorry .. would someone please delete the first post? I meant to edit it to add that last part and screwed it up. Apologies.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 07:15 PM
lol you can call an apple an orange but its still an apple. You sir are a BANDWAGON FAN.

Nope. Just don't have a team so I root for my favorite player. I'm not rooting for the Heat because they're loaded. I'm rooting for the Heat because LeBron James plays for them. Same reason I rooted for Cleveland the last 7 years. No bandwagon here, I'm rooting for LeBron win, lose or draw. That's where my loyalty lies and I haven't/won't deviate from that.

Like I give a eff what you think anyway guy :rolleyes:.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
You're a clown. That is all.

Maaaan STFU! :punish

shizzle09
07-23-2010, 07:40 PM

bla bla bla, you gain fans when you have players like this. thats how it works. Stop whining about it

Woddsicle
07-23-2010, 07:52 PM

You mean Wade and the Heat. Let's not get confused here, this is Dwyane Wades team.

If Lebron can put his ego aside in pursuit of a championship, which he claims is what he's doing, I have no problem with him going to Miami. However, if he thinks he's the main cog on the Heat roster hes got another thing coming. Wade will be the glue that keeps the team together.

Been a Wade fan for years, still think he's one of the classiest players in the league, but i lost a little respect for him after the World Trade Center comment. Make no mistake about it, this is WADES TEAM and will be no matter what Lebron does.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 07:57 PM
You mean Wade and the Heat. Let's not get confused here, this is Dwyane Wades team.

If Lebron can put his ego aside in pursuit of a championship, which he claims is what he's doing, I have no problem with him going to Miami. However, if he thinks he's the main cog on the Heat roster hes got another thing coming. Wade will be the glue that keeps the team together.

Been a Wade fan for years, still think he's one of the classiest players in the league, but i lost a little respect for him after the World Trade Center comment. Make no mistake about it, this is WADES TEAM and will be no matter what Lebron does.

It can be "Wade and the Heat" if you want but LeBron will lead the team in scoring, assists, have more rebounds, more MVP votes and be the #1 option. Based on that, I say LeBron and the Heat. You will never hear Wade and the Heat again, I promise you.

Laker Legend42
07-23-2010, 07:58 PM

We'll see as soon as the season starts. The funny thing is the Heat fans didn't want Wade when he was drafted. I think the majority of the fan base will turn this into Lebron's team. He already has the bandwagon jumpers calling it his team.

b0nk
07-23-2010, 08:02 PM
wade, lebron, bosh got together cause they want to beat the lakers
heat fans should be thanking the Lakers :D

djlamer
07-23-2010, 08:05 PM
It can be "Wade and the Heat" if you want but LeBron will lead the team in scoring, assists, have more rebounds, more MVP votes and be the #1 option. Based on that, I say LeBron and the Heat. You will never hear Wade and the Heat again, I promise you.
disagree, james came to dwaynes team. dwayne has been a heat since a rookie and hes the leader of the team. i don't see the torch passing especially not with the history spo and wade have.
look at the celts. paul pierce is still the leader and captain of that team although KG is the leader of their defense.
everything you say is speculation with not backing to it.

TopsyTurvy
07-23-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't think the basketball universe will be pleased at all. Wade, Lebron, and to a lesser degree Bosh, could all carry teams on their shoulders in terms of leadership, skill, and marketing value. With their addition to Miami, there has been further consolidation of talent while severely impacting the markets of Toronto and Cleveland. Owners are already complaining about excessive losses and the league commish reported a multi-million dollar loss despite some of the best ticket revenue and playoff viewership numbers of all time. The union is stating things have never been better despite several teams having been predicted by Forbes to have taken 'significant losses.'

I would not be surprised if the league enters a period of contraction after the lockout next year.

HoopsDrive
07-23-2010, 08:08 PM
That's the difficult part. Getting one to come there. Maybe I jumped on Toronto a little quick but some teams really need to throw in the towel. For years the Lakers have been the biggest draw in the leauge. This comming season the Heat will be right there selling out road games.Even in Toronto:D

Yeah, that's our main problem... gotta figure out a way around that. But overall, our attendance every year has been solid, even with crap teams... just imagine what we show for with a good team.

kjoke
07-23-2010, 08:14 PM
wades team to those who followed the heat through the years
brons tem to the new bandwagoners
bosh's team to the white skinny euro-leaguers

Heater4life
07-23-2010, 08:15 PM

Not so fast there my little bandwagon buddy, this is Wade's team. And coming from a fan who doesnt follow a superstar but follows his home team. Trust me that everyone including Bron and Bosh, know this is Wade's team. Dont expect Lebron's to be scoring to be greater than Wade's, i think hes going to be more of a facilitator down here, ala Magic Johnson.

ldawg
07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
This is what the talk will be about, who team is it Wade or Lebron? How long will it take before the heat gets to hot to bare? If it don't work expect Lebron to get hit the worst. He was the only Player that had every thing to loose going in and he was the only one that gave up everything he lost some fans and his kingdom. But this should not be a topic its clearly Wades team. If he steps back his game for the better of the team guess what, Its still his team no matter what. Lebron can avg 40ppg 20rpg 15apg still wades team. Lebron Will go down as one of the best talents the NBA have seen but is Legacy is destroyed of being the best. wade is already in the top 10 in best finals performances, already a finals MVP and already has a ring. Everyone already know Lebron don't know what it takes to win. Wade and Pat will show him how to handle the pressure and seal the deal.

Trouble87
07-23-2010, 08:22 PM
you have no idea what the spirit of competition is

threads like this just show me who the true basketball fans are

Jaji
07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Not so fast there my little bandwagon buddy, this is Wade's team. And coming from a fan who doesnt follow a superstar but follows his home team. Trust me that everyone including Bron and Bosh, know this is Wade's team. Dont expect Lebron's to be scoring to be greater than Wade's, i think hes going to be more of a facilitator down here, ala Magic Johnson.

Being a die hard Heat fan just means your opinion is biased. Anyone from the outside looking in will clearly see whose team it is: the best player.

magichatnumber9
07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Thank You Miami for making sure the Bulls did not acquire Lebron James. Again you saved the league

masalex1205
07-23-2010, 08:33 PM

please you haven't won **** yet

omdigga
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
wades team to those who followed the heat through the years
brons tem to the new bandwagoners
bosh's team to the white skinny euro-leaguers

:laugh:

Jaji
07-23-2010, 08:40 PM
disagree, james came to dwaynes team. dwayne has been a heat since a rookie and hes the leader of the team. i don't see the torch passing especially not with the history spo and wade have.
look at the celts. paul pierce is still the leader and captain of that team although KG is the leader of their defense.
everything you say is speculation with not backing to it.

What team? They only had 2 players when James signed. "Wade's team" is gone. It's been dismantled. They're starting anew and its now LeBron's team. He was the biggest FA prize of all, not Wade. There is no way LeBron can be overshadowed. He's bigger than the game of basketball itself, Dwyane Wade included.

The Celtics example doesn't work because KG was not the 2x reigning MVP, nor was he 25 years old (3 years younger than Wade). KG also was never considered the future GOAT.

The best comparison would be the White Ranger taking over as leader of the Power Rangers despite the Red Ranger being the former leader. :laugh:

swagger
07-23-2010, 08:57 PM
What team? They only had 2 players when James signed. "Wade's team" is gone. It's been dismantled. They're starting anew and its now LeBron's team. He was the biggest FA prize of all, not Wade. There is no way LeBron can be overshadowed. He's bigger than the game of basketball itself, Dwyane Wade included.

The Celtics example doesn't work because KG was not the 2x reigning MVP, nor was he 25 years old (3 years younger than Wade). KG also was never considered the future GOAT.

The best comparison would be the White Ranger taking over as leader of the Power Rangers despite the Red Ranger being the former leader. :laugh:

LeBron is bigger than the game of basketball itself? Pshhh yeah right, you have a little too much man love for lbj.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
LeBron is bigger than the game of basketball itself? Pshhh yeah right, you have a little too much man love for lbj.

Come on, LeBron is a household name. Worldwide. People who have never watched a second of basketball know who LeBron James is.

ldc62
07-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I agree with this. Do people realize how many casual to lite basketball fans are hyped for the new season to start? Never in my life have I seen so many Miami Heat bandwagoners...

Jaji
07-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I agree with this. Do people realize how many casual to lite basketball fans are hyped for the new season to start? Never in my life have I seen so many Miami Heat bandwagoners...

You have the nerve to try to call someone a bandwagoner yet you root for the Raptors, Rockets and Derrick Rose? :eyebrow:

swagger
07-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Come on, LeBron is a household name. Worldwide. People who have never watched a second of basketball know who LeBron James is.

Regardless, no one player is bigger than the game my man!

Jaji
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
Regardless, no one player is bigger than the game my man!

Jordan is too. Hasn't played in how long and he's still got the #1 selling b-ball shoe. LeBron signed a $100 million deal with Nike before he ever played a game. That's business. LeBron the brand is bigger than LeBron the player. Same with Jordan. There is no more Jordan the player but his name and influence is all over the place.

kjoke
07-23-2010, 09:58 PM
i kinda agree with jaji says, the man makes some intrestnig points, and unlike others states his opions with some back up, respect

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Jordan is too. Hasn't played in how long and he's still got the #1 selling b-ball shoe. LeBron signed a $100 million deal with Nike before he ever played a game. That's business. LeBron the brand is bigger than LeBron the player. Same with Jordan. There is no more Jordan the player but his name and influence is all over the place.

I agree

Jaji
07-23-2010, 10:04 PM
i kinda agree with jaji says, the man makes some intrestnig points, and unlike others states his opions with some back up, respect

Respect.

I don't really care if people agree with me or not, we're all entitled to our opinions. Just know that my opinions don't come straight outta my :moon: so as a result, I have ammo to back up what I say and will use it as necessary.

Ray_R
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Yea but I just dont see people shopping for LeBron shoes as much as people buy Jordans now.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Yea but I just dont see people shopping for LeBron shoes as much as people buy Jordans now.

That's because you're from this generation. Soon the majority of sneaker buyers will have never seen Jordan play. LeBron will fill that void. And its more than just kicks. If LeBron surpassed Jordan in sneaker sales that would be something because Jordan revolutionized that. But LeBron is busy signing other athletes lol. Plus he doesn't have that gambling problem that Mike has. He'll be worth more at his peek than Jordan was at his. He's a good businessman.

What people don't realize is that 4 years ago, when LeBron and the rest of the 2003 class was renewing their deals, Melo, Bosh and Wade were looking for max deals. LeBron chose to sign a lesser deal with a player option, setting up free agency 2010. By doing that, he set himself up for another big deal sooner. Smart move. Wade and Bosh followed suit and you see what happened. LeBron is very business minded and that will help him. There is more money available to him in both player salary and endorsements. And again, there's the gambling thing, which is basically throwing money away, not to mention it got Mike's father murdered. But that's another story.

_KB24_
07-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Its good for the many bandwagoners we attract to our league. Just look at this thread, half of you can't even find Miami on a map.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 11:13 PM
There's been a LeBron hater sighting!

And that sig is still wack. Look at Horford's face. Roy is so disinterested he's having a conversation in the background. That's called reaching, my friend.

Woddsicle
07-23-2010, 11:50 PM

So based on your assumpion, if Lequeen decided to join the Lakers and has better stats the Kobe, all of a sudden it's Lequeens team? Even though Kobes been a Laker his whole career and Lakers are without a doubt HIS team?? If Chris Paul goes to Orlando and has better stats the Dwight Howard, is it automatically Chris Pauls team??? Probably not

Not only has Dywane been the man in Miami for 7 years, he recruited Bosh and Lequeen to join HIS team. Being the man on a team isn't just about stats but leadership as well. When has Lequeen ever showed true leadership? O yea it was when he stormed off the court without shaking Orlandos players hands when they knocked him out of the playoffs 2 years ago like a little baby.

It is WADES team because not only did Wade bring Miami its first and only championship, he's been the leader for that team since he got there and just like the French, Lequeen gave up and surrendered to the fact that he can't win as the man, whereas Wade recruited those guys to join HIM in HIS city.

RCarlson85
07-23-2010, 11:58 PM

Yeah I don't care if people hate the Heat, makes no difference to me. As far as evil teams, the Yankees will always be tops because there is no salary cap so they can actually "buy" championships. They have no excuse not to win every year. As evil as people think the Heat or Lakers or some team in the NFL/NHL that gets all the good players are, at least they are limited by a salary cap.

serrano275
07-24-2010, 12:03 AM
And the the non-sensical posts coming out of the general psd fan base is ridiculously childish. He meant it in the sense "everybody hates us, everybody wants to take down the yankees, if theres any team people want to see lose above all others its the yankees".

But now he's comparing the Heat to the Yankees, and we need to win 27 titles in 100 years. Its tripe that were the most hated team at the moment???

This is ****ing ridiculous!!!

completly agree with you. That was bad, Using that same logic you minus well say anyone under the age of 27 should not be yankee fans because they haven't been in this world long enough to see each series on an anual basis. Simply ludacris sir. I am a magic fan but post like this are making me hope the heat pull it off.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Everybody doesn't realize what all this hate is going to do to LeBron and Wade... Make them try harder! These guy's are two of the best players of their time (not to mention all time) and they strive off of things like this... Continue to hate and you only make them stronger. I highly doubt LeBron is crying his eyes out and getting affected by all the hate tossed his way.

ntat
07-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Why is this SO good for basketball? It dilutes the talent pool a ton, and now 2 teams are completey uninteresting to the rest of the leagu outside their city or province.

mynameismo
07-24-2010, 12:31 AM
You lost me at basketball universe..

_KB24_
07-24-2010, 12:48 AM
There's been a LeBron hater sighting!

And that sig is still wack. Look at Horford's face. Roy is so disinterested he's having a conversation in the background. That's called reaching, my friend.

Hey, I didn't say anything to imply your thoughts on the sig. Everyone who looks at the sig comes to their own conclusion. Considering I didn't write anything bad about Bron to go along with the pic, I am guessing you see what the rest of us see. :rolleyes:

gmm902
07-24-2010, 11:06 AM
the trend now seems to be a big 3. boston did it, now the heat have done it, and the knicks want to do it too

Raven19
07-24-2010, 11:19 AM
The evil empire is still in Los Angeles buddy.

Yeah.. LA is being hated for a LOOOONNNG TIME

mikealike305
07-24-2010, 11:29 AM
L.A stoped being hated july 8th... the heat are the yankees of the NBA.. they heat will continue to be the most hated team in the NBA

HiphopRelated
07-24-2010, 11:34 AM
slow down

I don't know when Wade became Igoudala, but it's highly unlikely that Lebron will get more points and assists.

It will be one or the other, and it seems Riley has sold Lebron on the facilitator role so expect closer to

Wade: 25/5/5

Lebron: 20/8/9

Bosh: 18/11

Jaji
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
So based on your assumpion, if Lequeen decided to join the Lakers and has better stats the Kobe, all of a sudden it's Lequeens team? Even though Kobes been a Laker his whole career and Lakers are without a doubt HIS team?? If Chris Paul goes to Orlando and has better stats the Dwight Howard, is it automatically Chris Pauls team??? Probably not

Not only has Dywane been the man in Miami for 7 years, he recruited Bosh and Lequeen to join HIS team. Being the man on a team isn't just about stats but leadership as well. When has Lequeen ever showed true leadership? O yea it was when he stormed off the court without shaking Orlandos players hands when they knocked him out of the playoffs 2 years ago like a little baby.

It is WADES team because not only did Wade bring Miami its first and only championship, he's been the leader for that team since he got there and just like the French, Lequeen gave up and surrendered to the fact that he can't win as the man, whereas Wade recruited those guys to join HIM in HIS city.

This serves as proof you don't know what you're talking about. The 3 of them decided to team up together. If anything, LeBron did most of the convincing. The only reason they went to Miami is because its a better city than Cleveland. That's all the time I'm going to waste on such a clueless specimen as yourself...

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 04:01 PM
LeBron will NOT average 20 ppg or less, I guarantee that. Any one that's dumb enough to disagree can put this in their sig right now...

Jaji
07-24-2010, 04:02 PM
slow down

I don't know when Wade became Igoudala, but it's highly unlikely that Lebron will get more points and assists.

It will be one or the other, and it seems Riley has sold Lebron on the facilitator role so expect closer to

Wade: 25/5/5

Lebron: 20/8/9

Bosh: 18/11

No way. More like LeBron 26/10/8, Wade, 24/5/5, Bosh 18/10.

I GUARANTEE you LeBron leads the Heat in scoring this year. We can sig bet (which I NEVER do) if you want. You need a new sig anyway because Wade will NEVER be MVP :laugh2:.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
No way. More like LeBron 26/10/8, Wade, 24/5/5, Bosh 18/10.

I GUARANTEE you LeBron leads the Heat in scoring this year. We can sig bet (which I NEVER do) if you want. You need a new sig anyway because Wade will NEVER be MVP :laugh2:.

This guy knows what he's talking about!

slyone_nyc
07-24-2010, 04:25 PM

the heat didn't do anything, thank WADE and ONLY WADE for landing LaDiva... and this seems like it's good for the nba to you because your team is already stacked, im sure if you rooted for a mediocre eastern conference team you would be pissed!!! anyway, i side with the NBA LEGENDS and disagree with what lebron, bosh and wade did...

slyone_nyc
07-24-2010, 04:29 PM

your forgetting one major detail, WADE ALREADY BROUGHT A CHAMPIONSHIP TO MIAMI & UNTIL LEBRON DOES THE SAME, IT CAN NEVER BE LEBRON AND THE MIAMI HEAT!!! WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE DOES IN REGULAR SEASON!!! AND WADE WILL ALWAYS HAVE 1 MORE RING THAN HIM...

Jaji
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
your forgetting one major detail, WADE ALREADY BROUGHT A CHAMPIONSHIP TO MIAMI & UNTIL LEBRON DOES THE SAME, IT CAN NEVER BE LEBRON AND THE MIAMI HEAT!!! WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE DOES IN REGULAR SEASON!!! AND WADE WILL ALWAYS HAVE 1 MORE RING THAN HIM...

So when Wade, who is 3 years older than LeBron is no longer on the Heat, LeBron can't win another title or 2? Completely impossible huh? :rolleyes:

AlcaTrakz
07-24-2010, 04:57 PM

As for this Heat garbage. Next season is going to be great. Yeah you have three superstars, in their prime, on one team. However, if they dominate, it will be horrible in the seasons to follow. Why would anyone outside of LA and Miami want to watch the NBA. Even if your team did build like a Portland or OKC. When you come up against the Heat you will always be the underdog and the likelyhood is that all your rebuilding and all of the development was for nothing. The Heat have three superstars and a bunch of player who want to jump on the bandwagon because they dont have the talent to lead a team on their own, they are roleplayers who likely wont ever get a shot at a ring or the NBA has simply become a soft league full of players without the drive to be the best at what they do.

Did you REALLY just say we need a team in CANADA to make the NBA GLOBAL....lol. Seriously? Did you really just say that? I'm thinking Europe and South America are SLIGHTLY more important for GLOBAL expansion over Canada. LoL. We have what, 29 teams in the US, we really need ONE north of the border to globally expand? HAHAH. I'm sorry for the rant but I thought that was hillarious!

slyone_nyc
07-24-2010, 04:58 PM
That's because you're from this generation. Soon the majority of sneaker buyers will have never seen Jordan play. LeBron will fill that void. And its more than just kicks. If LeBron surpassed Jordan in sneaker sales that would be something because Jordan revolutionized that. But LeBron is busy signing other athletes lol. Plus he doesn't have that gambling problem that Mike has. He'll be worth more at his peek than Jordan was at his. He's a good businessman.

What people don't realize is that 4 years ago, when LeBron and the rest of the 2003 class was renewing their deals, Melo, Bosh and Wade were looking for max deals. LeBron chose to sign a lesser deal with a player option, setting up free agency 2010. By doing that, he set himself up for another big deal sooner. Smart move. Wade and Bosh followed suit and you see what happened. LeBron is very business minded and that will help him. There is more money available to him in both player salary and endorsements. And again, there's the gambling thing, which is basically throwing money away, not to mention it got Mike's father murdered. But that's another story.
LEBRON 'S "brand" as far as sneakers go, will NEVER be mentioned as competition for jordans...jordans are still running strong and here in nyc people hardly wear lebron's and if somone does buy them, its usually to play ball in... he also aquired a lot of haters during this past off-season with, "THE DECISION" and the rest of his divaish behavior... he killed the potential his brand truly had by joining the heat, imo.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 04:59 PM
So when Wade, who is 3 years older than LeBron is no longer on the Heat, LeBron can't win another title or 2? Completely impossible huh? :rolleyes:

People do seem to toss the word "never" around a lot around here... So much so that they really start to believe each other. :crazy:

AlcaTrakz
07-24-2010, 05:00 PM

Is that not the exact reason he needed to form the Menage a Twats? Because he COULD NOT win one alone. LoL. So I'd say no, it's not likely he would stay and win without wade.

slyone_nyc
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM

when wade's done their run will be over... you must be one of those who think they're gonna win 5-6 rings...

AlcaTrakz
07-24-2010, 05:02 PM
People do seem to toss the word "never" around a lot around here... So much so that they really start to believe each other. :crazy:

Dallas Tx4life, I like your sig... How many years have you had that for now? LOL. "Watch out world, here comes romo this year!"

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Dallas Tx4life, I like your sig... How many years have you had that for now? LOL. "Watch out world, here comes romo this year!"

I've been here for half a month... :crazy:!!!

And for anyone's info, I've been that one guy down here in Dallas telling everyone to quit with the Super Bowl hype the past few years because I didn't feel it was our year.. I just have a feeling about this ultra offense that we have! :cool:

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:12 PM
LEBRON 'S "brand" as far as sneakers go, will NEVER be mentioned as competition for jordans...jordans are still running strong and here in nyc people hardly wear lebron's and if somone does buy them, its usually to play ball in... he also aquired a lot of haters during this past off-season with, "THE DECISION" and the rest of his divaish behavior... he killed the potential his brand truly had by joining the heat, imo.

LeBron does more than just sell sneakers. He has NBA players signed to his marketing company lol. LeBron is the closest thing to a player/GM since Jordan joined the Wizards. Except LeBron is only 25.

Your opinion that he killed his brand by going to Miami is wrong. Plain and simple. Sure, the PSD world is mad at him, but once he starts winning, no one will care. Do you really think 1 hour will outweigh the next 10 years?

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Is that not the exact reason he needed to form the Menage a Twats? Because he COULD NOT win one alone. LoL. So I'd say no, it's not likely he would stay and win without wade.

Name one player who has ever won alone. Jordan? No. Shaq? Kobe? No. Duncan? No. The Pistons? No. No one has ever won alone. The closest anyone came in NBA history to winning alone was, guess who? LeBron back in 07.

What has Wade done without help? He hasn't been out of the 1st round in 4 years. Wade needs LeBron more than LeBron needs Wade. But together, they'll dominate the NBA for years to come.

skip113
07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
The NBA and all of this drama stinks of the Wide World of Wrestling. I saw somewhere a pretty good definition of professional wrestling a simulated sport that consists of wrestling combined with acting and theatre. It is orchestrated by all sorts of comic participants. Professional Basketball has turned into a simulated sport that consists of basketball with acting and theatre. It is orchestrated by all sorts of comic participants. HMMM sound familiar? Let’s see, David Stern is Lord Layton announcing the next "mega-battle" between Dick the Bruiser (Lebron James) and another famous player Superman (Dwight Howard), followed by a tag-team match between the Rapist (Kobe Bryan) with the Zen Man (Phil Jackson) against Gentleman Jim (Pat Riley) and Hulk Hogan (Dwayne Wade). The first step is to slap rosin into the air to ward off evil spirits …ewwwww. Next, put on an hour long show and bite lower lip to show sincerity about how misunderstood poor professional basketball players are…awwwwwww (tear drop). Then schedule 98 pound weaklings to battle 260 pound bruisers and you have the “real competition”. The NBA has all of the integrity of a politician.

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
when wade's done their run will be over... you must be one of those who think they're gonna win 5-6 rings...

Wade hasn't been out of the 1dt round since Shaq's decline. LBJ is the 2x reigning league MVP and will make a contender out of any team. You're in denial if you think Wade is what's gonna make this team go. Wade hasn't done anything in 4 years, clearly he's not the type of guy to put his team on his back and carry them alone. In 06 he had Shaq, and they won the title. Shaq fell off and Wade hasn't done squat since.

Yes, LeBron will win at least 4 titles in Miami, probably more.

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:22 PM
The NBA and all of this drama stinks of the Wide World of Wrestling. I saw somewhere a pretty good definition of professional wrestling a simulated sport that consists of wrestling combined with acting and theatre. It is orchestrated by all sorts of comic participants. Professional Basketball has turned into a simulated sport that consists of basketball with acting and theatre. It is orchestrated by all sorts of comic participants. HMMM sound familiar? Let’s see, David Stern is Lord Layton announcing the next "mega-battle" between Dick the Bruiser (Lebron James) and another famous player Superman (Dwight Howard), followed by a tag-team match between the Rapist (Kobe Bryan) with the Zen Man (Phil Jackson) against Gentleman Jim (Pat Riley) and Hulk Hogan (Dwayne Wade). The first step is to slap rosin into the air to ward off evil spirits …ewwwww. Next, put on an hour long show and bite lower lip to show sincerity about how misunderstood poor professional basketball players are…awwwwwww (tear drop). Then schedule 98 pound weaklings to battle 260 pound bruisers and you have the “real competition”. The NBA has all of the integrity of a politician.

Maybe you should stick to wrestling. You seem to know way more about that than basketball.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 05:23 PM

LeBron does more than just sell sneakers. He has NBA players signed to his marketing company lol. LeBron is the closest thing to a player/GM since Jordan joined the Wizards. Except LeBron is only 25.

Your opinion that he killed his brand by going to Miami is wrong. Plain and simple. Sure, the PSD world is mad at him, but once he starts winning, no one will care. Do you really think 1 hour will outweigh the next 10 years?

Exactly! Have you all forgotten how much the world hated Kobe Bryant for all of his troubles? (no need to even get into the extent of what i mean bythis) He was public enemy #1 and thrown under the bus by everyone, but once he starts winning again, he is America's sweetheart... AND PAST THAT, Ron Artest. Ron f***ing Artest! Argument won, discussion over.

footballer2369
07-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Name one player who has ever won alone. Jordan? No. Shaq? Kobe? No. Duncan? No. The Pistons? No. No one has ever won alone. The closest anyone came in NBA history to winning alone was, guess who? LeBron back in 07.

What has Wade done without help? He hasn't been out of the 1st round in 4 years. Wade needs LeBron more than LeBron needs Wade. But together, they'll dominate the NBA for years to come.

You're clueless buddy. Wade didnt have help for **** when he won the title. he had 13/10 Shaq and 12-4 walker (on <40% shooting lol)... He put up one of the greatest finals performances EVER.

He has a ring, Lebron doesn't.

Get a grip.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
You're clueless buddy. Wade didnt have help for **** when he won the title. he had 13/10 Shaq and 12-4 walker (on <40% shooting lol)... He put up one of the greatest finals performances EVER.

Get a grip.

If LeBron had that Shaq he would have a ring as well...

Jaji
07-24-2010, 05:32 PM

Get a grip.

How did Wade get to the Finals, genius? And let's not talk about those Finals. Wade shot more FTs than the Mavs whole team. :eyebrow:

"Wade didn't have help." That's the dumbest thing you could have possibly said. Sorry to be so blunt but... eh :shrug:.

Afro
07-24-2010, 07:03 PM

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here...had to comment on this statement because it really irks me.

Could you produce some factual evidence that James Jordan was murdered because of Michael's gambling debts? I always thought that was simply a conspiracy theory along the same lines of "The US government planned 9/11" and "The first moon landing was a hoax"? Please provide some actual facts and don't just pull opinions straight outta your :moon:. That way, ya know, you have ammo to back up what you say and can use it as necessary ;). Thanks!

Jaji
07-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi guys,

Long time lurker here...had to comment on this statement because it really irks me.

Could you produce some factual evidence that James Jordan was murdered because of Michael's gambling debts? I always thought that was simply a conspiracy theory along the same lines of "The US government planned 9/11" and "The first moon landing was a hoax"? Please provide some actual facts and don't just pull opinions straight outta your :moon:. That way, ya know, you have ammo to back up what you say and can use it as necessary ;). Thanks!

Do you want pictures of Delonte boning LeBron's mom too? Or how about a copy of the paternity test for Shaq and Gilbert's kids? Because ya know, you haven't really said anything yourself.

It is a fact that Mike's dad was murdered, no? Ok, explain how and/or why. I gave my belief based on hearsay and sources that may not be 100% liable, true. But 1% > 0%. Sounds like you have NOTHING to go on. So maybe he wasn't really murdered :rolleyes:.

ManRam
07-24-2010, 07:30 PM
The content of this thread actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

But this thread has gotten quite off topic and isn't really focusing on how this trade is good/bad for basketball anymore.