PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to be a die hard fan of two teams?

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Seeing that I was born in Chicago and I'm constantly visiting LA (I'm there most of the year tbh) I'm a die hard fan of both teams. I love them equally, even when they play one another. Is it wrong? Is anyone else like this as well? Please say yes lol

LTBaByyy
07-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Yes it's wrong! Lol but not not rare....

You gotta have your main team, the team you create yourself to play on lol

Have the lakers as your 2nd team, that's not bad

_KB24_
07-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Yeah, considering you said die-hard dude. I can undertsnad if you really like both teams, but can only be a die-hard fan for one team in a sport.

What?
07-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Yeah, considering you said die-hard dude. I can undertsnad if you really like both teams, but can only be a die-hard fan for one team in a sport.

This

also just out of curiosity when they play who do you root for when they play

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 03:58 AM
This

also just out of curiosity when they play who do you root for when they play

Depends on who needs the win more. Just like if both of them are in a race for a free agent, I root for the team that needs the player most to get him.

Example: T-Mac. Bulls need him more so I hope Bulls get him.
Kurt Thomas, Lakers needed him more so I was hoping they got him.

I'm telling you, I share equal love to both teams.

BaustinSali08
07-23-2010, 04:03 AM
One team per sport for being a Die hard. Liking and being a die hard fan are completely different. When the Red Sox lose I am in a bad mood til next game, their loss effects me, but if the Giants lose I just shake it off. I like the Giants, but I am a Red Sox fan.

LTBaByyy
07-23-2010, 04:04 AM
That's just weird lol or it means they are just you 2 fav teams and not die hard fan for them

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 04:04 AM
I get depressed when either Bulls or Lakers lose.

BaustinSali08
07-23-2010, 04:05 AM
I get depressed when either Bulls or Lakers lose.

Take out all the history, championships, all the players, all the accolades, etc.....Then pick which one you like better.

Wade>You
07-23-2010, 04:05 AM
Not wrong, just be ready to deal with a lot of criticism.

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 04:07 AM
That's just weird lol or it means they are just you 2 fav teams and not die hard fan for them

I guess I'm just used to it. But when either lose it ruins my day.

Zefflin
07-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Nothing wrong with that really, unless you're like my ******** friend who loves both Boston and LA and sees nothing wrong with that.

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Take out all the history, championships, all the players, all the accolades, etc.....Then pick which one you like better.

I can't...lol. I love both franchises and everything about them.

GPriza
07-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Depending on how old he is I'd say he might just be a die hard front runner.

mynameismo
07-23-2010, 04:14 AM
Pick one and stick with it.

Should be 1st and 2nd.. You can't have 1st and 1st.

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Woah take it easy. I'm not changing my fan hood and I'm not asking anyone to tell me to change it lol. Just asking if anyone else is the same way.

jackdawson
07-23-2010, 04:22 AM

KB24, I don't agree with you most of the time but what you said here is very true brotha. You can never be a die-hard fan of two teams in one sport.

bholly
07-23-2010, 04:36 AM
I agree with pretty much everyone so far - 'die hard fan' precludes you from having two, almost by definition. For the most part I'd say your childhood/hometown team should usually be your #1 - I think it takes a certain kind of personality to be a die hard supporter of a team then adopt another team just because you go there a lot or even live there. If anything you should go there and root against that team even more.
I'd be a lot better with it if it were a ****** team, eg you became a Clipper fan to get your local hoops fix, or if you moved to a small market like Memphis and adopted the Grizzlies, but I don't see how you can be a 'die hard' Chicago fan and just waltz in and adopt the Lakers. You should hate the Lakers more than anyone. To me it suggests a person who likes winning, and likes rooting for the popular team.

naztrack
07-23-2010, 05:50 AM
your contradicting ya self by saying your a die hard fan of two teams??? you can only be die hard of one that's how it works.

Apophis
07-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Seeing that I was born in Chicago and I'm constantly visiting LA (I'm there most of the year tbh) I'm a die hard fan of both teams. I love them equally, even when they play one another. Is it wrong? Is anyone else like this as well? Please say yes lol

There is nothing with being die hard fan of both teams man... you dont have to choose a number 1 or a number 2... just do what makes you happy... Its not like the Bulls and Lakers are in the same conference...

I know alot of people who are die hard fans of two teams... in various different sports.. alot of times.. those teams dont even face each other at all because of the conference... and would only meet unless its the super bowl... world series.. nba finals...

So if you want to root for Bulls and lakers... by all means.. go ahead...

I root for ALL NY Teams...

My main teams will always be Yankees, Giants, Knicks and Rangers....

and if they faced their NY counterparts in the championship game..or playoffs... I would go for my main teams...

but if the Mets, Jets, Islanders and soon to be Nets were to make the Championship games and none of my main teams made it.. I would root for them to win...

Xander09
07-23-2010, 06:23 AM
I was born in Texas but grew up in the Bay Area so I love the 49ers and the Texans, luckily they are in different conferences and only meet every four years.

When they do meet I close my eyes and hope for the best!

Xander09
07-23-2010, 06:24 AM
I was born in Texas but grew up in the Bay Area so I love the 49ers and the Texans, luckily they are in different conferences and only meet every four years.

When they do meet I close my eyes and hope for the best!:facepalm:

nolin
07-23-2010, 06:49 AM

I say bandwagon yes. wrong? no..... some people are bandwagon fans i have nothing against them.

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 06:57 AM
your contradicting ya self by saying your a die hard fan of two teams??? you can only be die hard of one that's how it works.

Lol how?

There is nothing with being die hard fan of both teams man... you dont have to choose a number 1 or a number 2... just do what makes you happy... Its not like the Bulls and Lakers are in the same conference...

I know alot of people who are die hard fans of two teams... in various different sports.. alot of times.. those teams dont even face each other at all because of the conference... and would only meet unless its the super bowl... world series.. nba finals...

So if you want to root for Bulls and lakers... by all means.. go ahead...

I root for ALL NY Teams...

My main teams will always be Yankees, Giants, Knicks and Rangers....

and if they faced their NY counterparts in the championship game..or playoffs... I would go for my main teams...

but if the Mets, Jets, Islanders and soon to be Nets were to make the Championship games and none of my main teams made it.. I would root for them to win...

Thank you :)

I say bandwagon yes. wrong? no..... some people are bandwagon fans i have nothing against them.

How is it bandwagon? Just because it's the Lakers?

Also, why is there imaginary rules to being a sports fan? I say as long as you're not hoping on and off teams, then you're good to go.

mark1125
07-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I agree with a lot of what has been said.

I think you should have ONE favorite team, but it's OK to LIKE another team.

What I can't stomach are the frontrunner fans. I don't know. lets take half of the Miami Heat fanbase. Now I can be happy for and respect the diehard Heat fans. However it just irks me that all of these Heat fans who have join dates in June or July are talking trash, saying "we", etc. ANYBODY can pick to root for the good teams. A real fan can stick with a team good or bad.

As for your situation, it has a slight smell of being a frontrunner since you like a powerhourse from yesteryear and a powerhouse of today. However, I wouldn't say you are in the wrong.

My question...... if you moved to Memphis, Minnesota, Indiana, etc.....would you be a "die-hard" for them or only if they were winners?

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah I'm like that as well. I root for the RBNY and Everton FC. Same sport, different leagues though.

Sandman
07-23-2010, 08:58 AM
it depends. i rock my rays hat all the time but I can only give you the nl east standings cause I'm not as crazy about them.

I've been hardcore on the Magic and I'm still a Knicks fan, but I've been in Orlando longer than Dwight.

Jaji
07-23-2010, 09:02 AM
It's very wrong. When they play each other you're guaranteed to die.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Aren't we all bandwagon fans? It's not like we were born fans of the teams we like.

Sandman
07-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Aren't we all bandwagon fans? It's not like we were born fans of the teams we like.

i have a picture of me in the delivery room with a mets hat on. I was born that way.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 09:11 AM
i have a picture of me in the delivery room with a mets hat on. I was born that way.

lol which year was that? '86?

BKNets21
07-23-2010, 09:12 AM
The fact that one of "your" teams is Lakers makes it's seem a lot worse... Like your a huge bandwagon fan.

I agree with everyone when they say you can only be a die hard fan of one team, but there's no harm in liking more than one team.

Russell_Roberts
07-23-2010, 09:13 AM
im a die hard dallas fan. even when dirk leaves i will be a die hard mav fan. but also my second team is new jersey. not a die hard NJ fan but i like what they have going on

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 09:15 AM
im a die hard dallas fan. even when dirk leaves i will be a die hard mav fan. but also my second team is new jersey. not a die hard NJ fan but i like what they have going on

LOL how the heck did that happen?

JLynn943
07-23-2010, 09:18 AM

I think most fans just mindlessly like whatever team is local. For me though, since I hate everything to do with Philly sports, my dad was the major influence on my favorite teams (except basketball, which he doesn't watch).

yanks19791024
07-23-2010, 09:19 AM
In America we call this front running

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 09:23 AM
I think most fans just mindlessly like whatever team is local. For me though, since I hate everything to do with Philly sports, my dad was the major influence on my favorite teams (except basketball, which he doesn't watch).

A lot of that is true. I remember back in elementary school, every kid was a Knicks fan. There was a pretty good split between Mets and Yankees fans since I went to school not far from Shea although you'd expect Queens folk to be more inclined to be Mets fans (not to mention all of those free tickets they give out to kids to go to Mets games back in the day). Local is a bit relative if you take into account regional coverage. I followed the Wolverines and Huskies b/c they were on TV all the time. I think the only team that I genuinely thought about before I followed them was Everton FC.

blastmasta26
07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
If the Bulls and Lakers meet in the Finals, who do you want to win?

Raidaz4Life
07-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I suppose its not that big a deal since they are in different conferences.

Raidaz4Life
07-23-2010, 09:27 AM
LOL how the heck did that happen?

Maybe he's really a Devin Harris fan 0_0

TO to the CHI
07-23-2010, 09:28 AM
It's not wrong if you don't consider kissing your sister to be wrong..... which is to say that I think it is wrong.

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 09:30 AM

oo good one or Eddie Najera

edit: I guess it wasn't Eddie :laugh:

Russell_Roberts
07-23-2010, 09:30 AM
devin harris is my second favorite player
Dirk 1st.

been a harris fan since his wisconsin days

Slimsim
07-23-2010, 09:32 AM

If your 2 teams was wizards and Memphis i can understand but i bet you was a fan of the bulls because of Jordan and once Jordan retire you jump on the Laker ban wagon since they were the team of the decade. yes there's a huge problem.

Russell_Roberts
07-23-2010, 09:32 AM
oo good one or Eddie Najera

edit: I guess it wasn't Eddie :laugh:
i hope your the teams displayed on your avatar are different sports

arkanian215
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
i hope your the teams displayed on your avatar are different sports

RBNY, Bearcats and Everton FC are all soccer teams but they play in different leagues (MLS, NCAA Div1 soccer, EPL). Wolverines -NCAA Div1 Football, Giants-NFL. Nets-NBA, Huskies-NCAA Div1 basketball.

mikantsass
07-23-2010, 09:49 AM

Let me guess you also like the Red Wings, Yankees and Steelers

nycsports2
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
yes

king4day
07-23-2010, 09:52 AM
You can be a fan of multiple teams, but if you like two and when they play, you root for whomever needs it more, then you're not a diehard.

Russell_Roberts
07-23-2010, 09:56 AM
RBNY, Bearcats and Everton FC are all soccer teams but they play in different leagues (MLS, NCAA Div1 soccer, EPL). Wolverines -NCAA Div1 Football, Giants-NFL. Nets-NBA, Huskies-NCAA Div1 basketball.

good for you. but when dal plays NJ.. i want dal to win

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 09:58 AM

I agree with this.

I like a lot of teams like Warriors, Thunder, Knicks, got a love/hate relationship with the Blazers but only die hard about one team which goes without saying who they are.

Brooklyn Mets
07-23-2010, 10:03 AM
1 heart = 1 team

12to85
07-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Yea you can only have one team. Sounds like we just have a bandwagon fan. I bet after this season you will be a laker and heat fan...

tc2deuce
07-23-2010, 10:13 AM
when it comes to the NBA I don't really have die hard attitude like i do for NFL and MLB.
I grew up a Celtics fan but of course quickly became a Bulls fan bc of 23 and then after the great one retired I became a Spur fan...(timmy D)
So now I pull hard for the C's and the Spurs.....but the spurs are pissin me off as of late......the foreign exchange has to stop because it does not work!

JayW_1023
07-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I do think it's allright to be a fan of a team, yet still have your favorite player in a different uniform.

For example, my favorite player in the league is Rondo...yet I'm a Spurs fan, and I will be even after the day Timmy and Manu retire.

But two teams...maybe if you're in LA with the Clips and Lakers...but that doesn't make sense to me. That's like saying Chelsea fans also are allowed to be Arsenal fans.

I respect people that stick with their teams even when they stink.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 10:20 AM
its strange.

You always have yout team and other teams you also like but they feeling is not the same.

I mean I like Knicks a lot but should a Lakers vs Knicks finals happen theres nothing more than Purpe and Gold in my mind and Hard Frack NY.

And if Knicks won that finals it wouldnt felel any better for me since Lakers lost.

But also if its knicks vs whatever team from west finals not nameld lakers ill pull hard fro them to win and be glad if they do.

Jetsguy
07-23-2010, 10:21 AM
you can be a fan of multiple teams, but if you like two and when they play, you root for whomever needs it more, then you're not a diehard.

x2

Da Knicks
07-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Can you be catholic and muslim at the same time?

siralex
07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
notice that nobody is ever the die hard fan of two crap teams in the same sport. its always one and then a safety pick.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
I do think it's allright to be a fan of a team, yet still have your favorite player in a different uniform.

For example, my favorite player in the league is Rondo...yet I'm a Spurs fan, and I will be even after the day Timmy and Manu retire.

But two teams...maybe if you're in LA with the Clips and Lakers...but that doesn't make sense to me. That's like saying Chelsea fans also are allowed to be Arsenal fans.

I respect people that stick with their teams even when they stink.

Well thats not the case with CLupes and lakers.

Obviusly if two teams of a city are great like Arsenal, Chelsea or totenhamm, Milan and Inter, Real Madrid and Atletico, ROmaa and Lazio people are not going to root for the other.

But they may have simpaty for some loser horrible , tiny team of the city say C rystal Place in london or Getafe in Madrid or Munchen 1860 in munich.

Thats the case here.

infernoscurse
07-23-2010, 10:25 AM
dont listen to any of them, you might have genuine die hard fandom for both teams but no one else will comprehend untill they have been in your spot

djlamer
07-23-2010, 10:25 AM
yea considering the word die-hard, you can only die once in a life bro, who's it gonna be for??? or maybe you could die for one team and get hard for another??hahahaha
i suggest you stick with chi-town since thats where you live.
who would you root for in a nba finals matchup?

roshan3ai
07-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes.

JayW_1023
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't really hate any specific team, not even many players (except for Vujacic maybe).

The day that Latrell Sprewell retired there was no one left for me to specifically root against.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Can you be catholic and muslim at the same time?

bi but you can be somehow Agnostic but be oficcially catholic since you got your baptism etc. :p

SpeeMN
07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
My mom is Jewish and my father was raised Catholic... Does that have anything to do with this thread?? just kidding.

It is hard to comprehend loving two teams. It seems the team you grow up with is your favorite. I grew up with the Bulls being my team (i was born in 1986) and when the Twolves were created it took me until KG came around to really love them, and I was 10 years old when he was drafted. But now I could care less about the Bulls. I'll let everyone on PSD stone me to death before I stop loving the Timberwolves, no matter how bad they are and how ******** the GM is.

I think being die hard for two teams says you have self confidence issues.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 10:36 AM
yes, very wrong, pick a team, unless u mean a die hard fan of 2 teams in 2 different sports

GyroSlurve
07-23-2010, 10:41 AM
notice that nobody is ever the die hard fan of two crap teams in the same sport. its always one and then a safety pick.

I live and breathe the knicks, through all the lousy seasons, and I am only diehard for them. But my "safety pick" as you have stated, has been the Golden State Warriors for years now. Two very awful teams (although theyre turning it around :rolleyes: ) You could say I'm as close to diehard for the Warriors as you can get for a second team but I'm not an idiot and know where to draw the line. Any time the two are on the same court or even battling over a specific free agent or draft pick, its Knicks Knicks Knicks!

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 10:48 AM
No, it's like being 100% dedicated to two wives. You can't put 100% into both.

Besides, what happens when the teams play one another? Even worse, what if the two teams meet IN THE FINALS?

I enjoy other teams, and my favorite player is Kobe Bryant, but when the Lakers play the Warriors, it's all GSW for me.

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 10:49 AM
I live and breathe the knicks, through all the lousy seasons, and I am only diehard for them. But my "safety pick" as you have stated, has been the Golden State Warriors for years now. Two very awful teams (although theyre turning it around :rolleyes: ) You could say I'm as close to diehard for the Warriors as you can get for a second team but I'm not an idiot and know where to draw the line. Any time the two are on the same court or even battling over a specific free agent or draft pick, its Knicks Knicks Knicks!

Haha man, you're a Knicks and Warriors fan? Must have been a rough decade for you. :D

masalex1205
07-23-2010, 10:51 AM
can't be die-hard for both. Who would you cheer for when they played each other? That's your #1

mser58
07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
there is just no way to be die hard for both, you gotta draw the line in the Finals.

mikealike305
07-23-2010, 10:55 AM
^ i say before the finals, gotta pick just one team, btw mesr 58 silva will win

krest213
07-23-2010, 10:58 AM
yeah its wrong. I live In SFL almost all my life now, so I a fan of the Heat
there's a But though
I AM A DIE HARD SPURS FAN.

netsgiantsyanks
07-23-2010, 11:03 AM
as long as you arent a bandwagoner

heathonater
07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
gotta pick one team before the season and stick with them throughout.

Lakeshow86
07-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I love the Lakers. I like the Nuggets. Big difference.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
bi but you can be somehow Agnostic but be oficcially catholic since you got your baptism etc. :p

Can you be straight and gay at the same time?

cough, cough, thephoenixson28, cough, I don't know.

TehSamurai
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Why don't you just become a diehard fan of all 30 teams? That way you'll never be disappointed.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Why don't you just become a diehard fan of all 30 teams? That way you'll never be disappointed.

lol, that's my philosophy on women, love em all.

OREcoast49er
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM

Im not trying to be rude, but its juvenile. You sound young. I remember growing up lots of kids would do crap like this. Im old school I guess. i was raised you get one team per sport. You can "follow" another team like in the playoffs or something, but never 2 teams. If my teams are out of the playoffs I root for the underdog 99% of the time, unless the underdog is a team I hate. Pick one.

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 11:31 AM
lol, that's my philosophy on women, love em all.

You're a lover, not a fighter. :D

GSW Hoops
07-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Im not trying to be rude, but its juvenile. You sound young. I remember growing up lots of kids would do crap like this. Im old school I guess. i was raised you get one team per sport. You can "follow" another team like in the playoffs or something, but never 2 teams. If my teams are out of the playoffs I root for the underdog 99% of the time, unless the underdog is a team I hate. Pick one.

I can see you're a 49ers fan, so how about those people who are Raiders and 49ers fans? How is that even possible?

SpeeMN
07-23-2010, 11:32 AM

I made the comment of self-confidence issues earlier. ^this is what I meant by it. Lets all be Die hard fans of two very successful franchises so we can nearly never be let down.

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Can you be straight and gay at the same time?

cough, cough, thephoenixson28, cough, I don't know.

they are called bisexuals.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:36 AM
You're a lover, not a fighter. :D

LOL, both, I love to fight and fight to love.

USMCLaker
07-23-2010, 11:36 AM
they are called bisexuals.

Thanks for the clarification at least now I know what to call him.

BkOriginalOne
07-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Equal love in his heart for Jordan and Kobe.
How could this be?
You wouldn't perhaps be a Phil Jackson fan too?

Klivlend
07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
I agree with pretty much everyone so far - 'die hard fan' precludes you from having two, almost by definition. For the most part I'd say your childhood/hometown team should usually be your #1 - I think it takes a certain kind of personality to be a die hard supporter of a team then adopt another team just because you go there a lot or even live there. If anything you should go there and root against that team even more.
I'd be a lot better with it if it were a ****** team, eg you became a Clipper fan to get your local hoops fix, or if you moved to a small market like Memphis and adopted the Grizzlies, but I don't see how you can be a 'die hard' Chicago fan and just waltz in and adopt the Lakers. You should hate the Lakers more than anyone. To me it suggests a person who likes winning, and likes rooting for the popular team.

Ya, that shizzle pisses me off too. It seems like almost every Laker fan I know also is a huge NY Yankee fan too. And, they like the Cowboys. Effing pathetic

MrfadeawayJB
07-23-2010, 11:56 AM
To answer the question....YES!!!!

mark1125
07-23-2010, 01:31 PM

Who,ever happens to be winning at the moment. :shrug:

ldc62
07-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Good question, You gotta pick 1 and 2. I'm a fan of Rockets and Raps, but if they were both in the NBA finals I want the Raptors to win.

mark1125
07-23-2010, 01:33 PM

LOL. How true. Never do you see "I love the Pacers and Clippers".

mark1125
07-23-2010, 01:34 PM
yes, very wrong, pick a team, unless u mean a die hard fan of 2 teams in 2 different sports

From the Miami fan who joined in June of 2010. :facepalm:

mark1125
07-23-2010, 01:35 PM
dont listen to any of them, you might have genuine die hard fandom for both teams but no one else will comprehend untill they have been in your spot

Form the guy who has a NY yankee avatar and a Miami Heat sig. :facepalm:

GOON MUSIC
07-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Laker Fan since i began watching basketball

But since im in NY i find myself watching every knicks and nets game on tv every night and I always chat in the knicks forum during the season

but when 10 rolls by i stream my lake show

and i go to many of each teams games every year

while ive never been to a laker game smh

yuoke
07-23-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm from Chicago, but my "true" team is the Eagles. I'm a White Sox fan, but usualyy I won't get devistated after a tough loss. So it is hard to imagine being a diehard fan of two teams between two different sports, let alone one league.

ClayMatthews
07-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah its called being a bandwagon.

Lloyd Christmas
07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
At least you have a connection to both cities. I can respect that way more then a guy who is a die hard fan of any team that has never lived in that area. Example: I live in Northern California and see die hard Yankees fans, Cowboys fans, Lakers fans, etc and they have never even been to their stadium. They just go when that team comes into town. I hate them all.

Byronicle
07-23-2010, 02:03 PM
the only fans I will acknowledge and respect are the Die Hard Fans. Anybody else and you are just a bandwagoner because half the time a fan likes other teams, it is only teams that are winners. Yea I am entertained by Phoenix's offense but am I a fan of Phoenix? NOPE! But I am a Steve Nash fan because I am Canadian and he is a classy guy.

Oldmantrash
07-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Living in New york,I know a lot of fans like you.
They get ripped on by the majority who think they are not real fans.
I tend to side with them.

I used to root for both the Jets,and Giants(15 years ago)

My friends used to rip on me all the time,along the way my Giant fan friends annoyed me so much,I became a strictly Jet fan,you just can't root for both.

I always hated the Yankees,and rip on anyone who roots for them and the Mets.

IU Hoosiers 3
07-23-2010, 02:21 PM
well honestly, i think its tough, i live in jersey but i started watching basketball in 95 by going to knicks games, but i saw the mavericks play and loved jason kidd..so i've literally grown up really enjoying both teams through the good and bad times, but i draw the line at if they meet in the finals, i'd pull for the knicks..u'll find ur answer when u say what i just did.

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 02:41 PM

I like the Bulls and Rockets. But I like the Rockets mainly because I live in Houston now and my wife loves them.

0nekhmer
07-23-2010, 02:45 PM
what do you do when they play each other o.o

The Final Boss
07-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Nothing new here...everyone is a closet Laker fan. They're just too afraid to admit it.

dolfan720
07-23-2010, 02:54 PM
its wrong im sorry

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2010, 03:13 PM
yes it is wrong. because when one team sucks u jump on the other one.

Lizard King
07-23-2010, 03:26 PM
I agree with a lot of what has been said.

I think you should have ONE favorite team, but it's OK to LIKE another team.

What I can't stomach are the frontrunner fans. I don't know. lets take half of the Miami Heat fanbase. Now I can be happy for and respect the diehard Heat fans. However it just irks me that all of these Heat fans who have join dates in June or July are talking trash, saying "we", etc. ANYBODY can pick to root for the good teams. A real fan can stick with a team good or bad.

As for your situation, it has a slight smell of being a frontrunner since you like a powerhourse from yesteryear and a powerhouse of today. However, I wouldn't say you are in the wrong.

My question...... if you moved to Memphis, Minnesota, Indiana, etc.....would you be a "die-hard" for them or only if they were winners?

Even if I moved, I wouldn't switch teams. I moved from Chicago, yet I still love the Bulls.

I've answered this before. More than likely, it'll be Chicago. Bulls haven't won in over a decade, so I'll be pulling for the Bulls. However, if it was the Bulls who dominated the last 10 years, and Lakers had not won in a while, then I'd go for the Lakers.

If your 2 teams was wizards and Memphis i can understand but i bet you was a fan of the bulls because of Jordan and once Jordan retire you jump on the Laker ban wagon since they were the team of the decade. yes there's a huge problem.

I was a Bulls fan from birth, and seeing that my entire family was grown to love both Bulls and Lakers, it grew on me. Moving closer to LA just made it that much sweeter.

Let me guess you also like the Red Wings, Yankees and Steelers

I hate hockey and baseball with a passion. If you pay attention to my avatar, you'll see I'm a Bears fan. No need for the smartass remark.

Yea you can only have one team. Sounds like we just have a bandwagon fan. I bet after this season you will be a laker and heat fan...

Lol this guy.

I know.

My mom is Jewish and my father was raised Catholic... Does that have anything to do with this thread?? just kidding.

It is hard to comprehend loving two teams. It seems the team you grow up with is your favorite. I grew up with the Bulls being my team (i was born in 1986) and when the Twolves were created it took me until KG came around to really love them, and I was 10 years old when he was drafted. But now I could care less about the Bulls. I'll let everyone on PSD stone me to death before I stop loving the Timberwolves, no matter how bad they are and how ******** the GM is.

I think being die hard for two teams says you have self confidence issues.

LOL! Nice philosophy lmao.

I like the Bulls and Rockets. But I like the Rockets mainly because I live in Houston now and my wife loves them.

You like them equally?

yes it is wrong. because when one team sucks u jump on the other one.

Is that why I still loved them both even before Rose came to Chicago and Gasol came to LA? They both sucked. Even after MJ, I still loved the Bulls just as much as the Lakers. Nothing has changed. Nothing will.

Sadds The Gr8
07-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Is that why I still loved them both even before Rose came to Chicago and Gasol came to LA? They both sucked. Even after MJ, I still loved the Bulls just as much as the Lakers. Nothing has changed. Nothing will.

its still cheesy....Bulls and Lakers are 2/3 most recognized nba franchises....

PLAYERS FAN
07-23-2010, 07:18 PM
I never been a team fan my whole life! Just a fan of my favorite player.

RedSoxFan2434
07-23-2010, 07:39 PM
yes its wrong

lol jk

Hellcrooner
07-23-2010, 08:01 PM
I never been a team fan my whole life! Just a fan of my favorite player.

at least you recognise it.,

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 08:05 PM
i dont see a problem because they dont really play each other that much and theres not a huge rivalry or anything between them. Its not like being a diehard fan of the yankees and redsox

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 05:13 AM
i dont see a problem because they dont really play each other that much and theres not a huge rivalry or anything between them. Its not like being a diehard fan of the yankees and redsox

Thank you.

I hate the Heat a little less now because it seems like it's the Heat fans who understand more.

omdigga
07-24-2010, 08:30 AM
cant be a die-hard fan of 2 teams. u can only die once (for one team), hence the name die hard fan.
nothing wrong with liking more than one team though.

BGeer091
07-24-2010, 10:22 AM
For me I don't see how its possible to be both. I'm a die hard Knicks fan. However I like the Blazers as well. I try to follow the Blazers but I'm always caught up with the Knicks. I'm also a huge Redsox fan, I'd even say close to die hard, and same goes for the 49ers, but even they play second fiddle to the Knicks for me...

OREcoast49er
07-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I can see you're a 49ers fan, so how about those people who are Raiders and 49ers fans? How is that even possible?

I havent really seen that in REAL football fans. Just random people trying to identify with me and talk football. It makes me laugh. When I hear something like that I call them out immediately. You just cant like both. You love one and hate the other. Its like a law or something. People out of the area dont really get that its a pretty big rivalry in the area.

Raven19
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Dunno.. I have been a die hard laker fan since I was 12.. But in my opinion, nothing is really wrong with it unless there is a rivalry just like miamiwadecountry said.. Well right now, since LA and CHI town doesnt have one.. I guess its ok

69centers
07-24-2010, 11:41 AM
If they are in different conferences, that's ok in my book. However, if you like two teams in the same division, that's just wrong.

goose15
07-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Yea its very wrong and makes no sense.

U can oly be a die hard fan of one team per sport.

Brew Crew
07-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Sorry but if you like two teams just as much as one another, you ain't no die hard...

Iceman05
07-24-2010, 11:57 AM
I bet you've only liked the lakers since 08. Bandwagon is far from diehard

heatfan03
07-24-2010, 12:30 PM
simple: bulls lakers nba finals who do you route for ?
if your a die hard then you follow a team till they die and you die with them (not literally of course)

97NYer
07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
I am a die hard NYK fan. That being said I really like the Thunder and Blazers, but because of the way they play and who they have. Knicks vs. Thunder or Knicks vs. Blazers I would obviously root for the Knicks.

CowboysKB24
07-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, it is wrong.

MDfootball36
07-24-2010, 01:04 PM
yes

Penetra8r
07-24-2010, 01:05 PM
^ Hottie knows how to bite into a hot dog

Changing the subject, thread starter -

Have you heard the song torn between two lovers?

MickeyMgl
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM

You can be a fan of two teams. I just don't think the term "die hard" should apply.

KNIXX46
07-24-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm a Knicks fan no matter what. I do respect other teams and keep an eye out on them but wear another jersey, license plate frame, get their collectables, etc...hell no. You got to be loyal to one team.

ifhmondays
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
fair weather fan

ZioAx
07-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I already knew most Laker "fans" on here were bangwagon fans, this thread just confirms it. Good to see about 5 of you root for other team, or live no where near CA.

LMAO. Yet you talk more **** than anyone

SP@Z.
07-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes, if those two teams are in two different sports.

slikrick7
07-24-2010, 03:49 PM

i feel your pain broski. i love my bears but i also love my pittsburgh steelers i lived in illinois all my life but i will always root for the Steelers first so a slight difference there but being a fan of two teams is not a crime and should not be looked down upon so op you keep being you congrats:clap:

mets77
07-24-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't believe you can be a die-hard for 2teams

HouRealCoach
07-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I dont even have a team anymore...
I just want to see great playoff games where the stars shine and it goes down to the wire, A great All Star weekend, Lots of growing talent etc... I miss 2005-2006 Season smh

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Lol at these imaginary sport fan rules.

slikrick7
07-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Lol at these imaginary sport fan rules.

:laugh:

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 04:37 PM
The funniest ones are those who say "you can't be a diehard fan of two teams!" When I obviously can, and currently am. Lol.

JNA17
07-24-2010, 04:50 PM
yes it is. I don't care what anybody else says, you can have your 1 favorite team, and it's ok to have a 2nd favorite team once in a while, but stick with 1 team, otherwise your a bandwagon fan in my book :p

More-Than-Most
07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
My situation is weird... I am a Die hard packers fan... That being said I love favre. When he went to the vikings last year I cheered for both the vikings and packers... I wanted the packers to win the division and the vikings to win the wild card and the packers to beat the vikings head to head while favre throws for 500 yards 5 tds and no ints. Last year was really complicated for me lol. During packers vikings games I had on both my favre packers and favre vikings jersey. I felt like such a team whore :( :laugh:

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
yes it is. I don't care what anybody else says, you can have your 1 favorite team, and it's ok to have a 2nd favorite team once in a while, but stick with 1 team, otherwise your a bandwagon fan in my book :p

Can you explain how I'm a bandwagoner if I've always loved both teams equally? Even when both LA and Chicago sucked, I still loved them.

Korman12
07-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't say it's wrong, just confusing. But I guess your situation is just different.

JNA17
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Can you explain how I'm a bandwagoner if I've always loved both teams equally? Even when both LA and Chicago sucked, I still loved them.

Well let's see. A bulls and lakers nba finals, who do you got? EXACTLY. And then whoever wins, you will probably say I'm a little sad team A lost but so happy team B WON! YAY!

Just a little example ;)

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 05:08 PM
I can sorta relate...

I love the Marlins and Yankees.. Damn the 2003 world series was crazy for me!

hyb152
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM

Look at it like this. 75% of the laker fan base today have no relations with the entire region of Southern California period. They hopped on the bandwagon. So if you compare them to your situation, you have every right to be a die hard for both. You lived in Chicago and currently live in LA. You actually have a relation to LA, unlike most of the laker fans out there and that includes on PSD. I'm not a hater, I'm just stating the truth. It's like how there are Yankee fans everywhere and they're not from/in New York.

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 05:48 PM
You could love two teams..

Before the Marlins came around in '93, I was only a Yankee fan, but I fell in love with the Marlins as well and never stop loving the Yankees.

So I root for..
Marlins and Yankees in MLB
Heat in NBA
Dolphins in NFL
Hurricanes in NCAA

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Well let's see. A bulls and lakers nba finals, who do you got? EXACTLY. And then whoever wins, you will probably say I'm a little sad team A lost but so happy team B WON! YAY!

Just a little example ;)

Lol man I'm not gonna change my entire fanhood based of a Finals that has a small chance of happening. If it happens, it happens! I'll just go crazy lol. If they play this year, I'd want the Lakers to win, so Kobe can get his 6th ring. If they face off again next year, I'd want the Bulls to win so Rose can get his ring.

The chances of that Finals happening is slim, so I'm not going to base my entire fanhood where I've loved both of these teams my entire life because of a 7 game series. Come on lol.

Look at it like this. 75% of the laker fan base today have no relations with the entire region of Southern California period. They hopped on the bandwagon. So if you compare them to your situation, you have every right to be a die hard for both. You lived in Chicago and currently live in LA. You actually have a relation to LA, unlike most of the laker fans out there and that includes on PSD. I'm not a hater, I'm just stating the truth. It's like how there are Yankee fans everywhere and they're not from/in New York.

Thank you!

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 05:52 PM
You could love two teams..

Before the Marlins came around in '93, I was only a Yankee fan, but I fell in love with the Marlins as well and never stop loving the Yankees.

So I root for..
Marlins and Yankees in MLB
Heat in NBA
Dolphins in NFL
Hurricanes in NCAA

So if they play one another, you would be rooting for both, right? Maybe secretly rooting for one of them slightly more, but either way you're the happiest man alive. Am I right or what?

JNA17
07-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Lol man I'm not gonna change my entire fanhood based of a Finals that has a small chance of happening.

You probably weren't born yet but here's a history lesson ;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_NBA_Finals

gbpackers12
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
I couldn't imagine being a diehard of two teams in one sport. I don't think it's wrong, but I would think that you'd prefer one team over the other if you really sat down and thought about it.

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 06:09 PM
You probably weren't born yet but here's a history lesson ;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_NBA_Finals

Lol, buddy I was born a year before that. I was one. I'm very aware of that Finals, but thanks anyway.

J_M_B
07-24-2010, 06:10 PM
So if they play one another, you would be rooting for both, right? Maybe secretly rooting for one of them slightly more, but either way you're the happiest man alive. Am I right or what?

In '03 when they were both playing in the World Series, I couldn't choose one over the other.

I really just wanted to see a great series. I enjoyed watching that series, even though I didn't root for one of them. Just enjoyed baseball because I knew at the end one of my teams were going to be champions.

I might have been rooting for the Marlins in game 6, though. Since the Yankees already had 26 rings at the time, I thought the Marlins could help boost their popularity by winning a second world series.

In the end, it was a win-win situation for me, but it's the only sport which I have two teams.

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 06:27 PM
In '03 when they were both playing in the World Series, I couldn't choose one over the other.

I really just wanted to see a great series. I enjoyed watching that series, even though I didn't root for one of them. Just enjoyed baseball because I knew at the end one of my teams were going to be champions.

I might have been rooting for the Marlins in game 6, though. Since the Yankees already had 26 rings at the time, I thought the Marlins could help boost their popularity by winning a second world series.

In the end, it was a win-win situation for me, but it's the only sport which I have two teams.

I'm exactly the same when it comes to Bulls/Lakers.

Of course, it's another Heat fan that understands where I'm coming from.

God bless your Heat, and I mean that :D

RCarlson85
07-24-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't know about being a die-hard fan of two teams. But I have really like more than one team in a sport in the past. I used to love both the Panthers and Falcons, but then Michael Vick killed dogs and that all changed. Lol.

nanablvd
07-24-2010, 06:34 PM
There's no such thing as a die-hard fan of 2 teams. As long as you are a fan of mroe than 1 team you are not die-hard. It's nothing wrong about NOT being a die-hard fan of any team though. I like the Lakers a lot, but I wont consider myself a die-hard fan even though it's not like I like any other team specifically.

minervamob
07-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Thats being fake and just trying to make sure you have a winning team. When Bulls started losing you jumped **** to a winning Laker team? Im all for having an alternate team to root for when ur team is down and out or supporting a player like Kobe, but theres no way you can be a "die hard" fan of two teams.

Lizard King
07-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Thats being fake and just trying to make sure you have a winning team. When Bulls started losing you jumped **** to a winning Laker team? Im all for having an alternate team to root for when ur team is down and out or supporting a player like Kobe, but theres no way you can be a "die hard" fan of two teams.

You're an idiot. Read the thread next time.

BlondeBomber41
07-24-2010, 07:58 PM
The funniest ones are those who say "you can't be a diehard fan of two teams!" When I obviously can, and currently am. Lol.

No, you're not. You can't be a "diehard" fan of two teams. That term means you live and breathe that team and stick with them. That you would never have to think "which team do I want to win?" when your team is playing. I'm a die hard Mavericks fan. Every other team in the NBA can suck my balls, and thats the only way a true die hard fan can think.

You can say you are a die hard Laker fan because you "visit there all the time" but something tells me if you visited Milwaukee or Memphis all the time your passion for those teams wouldnt be there. Not to mention since you visit LA and thats the reason, why aren't you a "die hard" Clippers fan? Exactly.... its just a convenient way for you to always cheer for a winner.

I mean look how lucky you are! Your favorite teams you are a die hard fan for have won 11 championships in the last 20 years. How convenient! Are you sure you're not a die hard Spurs fan also because you visited the Alamo once when you were 6? Think about it, that would make 15 Championships......

nacdaddy
07-24-2010, 08:11 PM
if youre a die hard fan of any team this is how it should go:

1.) you love your team
2.) you hate the rest of the league
3.) you really hate the conference they play in
4.) you really really hate the division they play in
5.) you have one or two rival teams that if their team plane crashed with all of their family and loved ones in it, you'd go piss on it, just to do it.

blastmasta26
07-24-2010, 08:17 PM

1.) you love your team
5.) you have one or two rival teams that if their team plane crashed with all of their family and loved ones in it, you'd go piss on it, just to do it.
A little extreme, I'm a diehard Knick fan, but there are some other teams I like a little bit. Obviously I'm not a fan of those teams, but I don't hate them. But I agree with the hate of division teams.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2010, 08:23 PM
when you get asked who do you want to win the league you know what your team IS with your answer.

Of course if they tell you your team wont win , who do you want to win then? then everybody has a second tem that they would like to see winning.

and if those two can be then sue theres a third team you like more than the others.

and so on.

Barracuda
07-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Nah man, I live in Toronto and cheering badly for 3 teams: Raps, Suns, Magic...:up:

9erlakesdodgers
07-24-2010, 08:28 PM
it's wrong, fan hood is a big thing for me, i could never like another team in the same sport, the only sport I do is in english soccer but that is because over there, there are different divisions and one team is one i love and one is the town i grew up in, and you will find that very common in england as there are so many small town teams compared to the big dogs. My teams are now in the same division as of this year and I will only follow one. I could never however, be a fan of two teams in american sports and especially a "die hard" fan. You have to take where you are from and your team support with you wherever you go, no matter where you live. Can't do it.

9erlakesdodgers
07-24-2010, 08:29 PM
No, you're not. You can't be a "diehard" fan of two teams. That term means you live and breathe that team and stick with them. That you would never have to think "which team do I want to win?" when your team is playing. I'm a die hard Mavericks fan. Every other team in the NBA can suck my balls, and thats the only way a true die hard fan can think.

You can say you are a die hard Laker fan because you "visit there all the time" but something tells me if you visited Milwaukee or Memphis all the time your passion for those teams wouldnt be there. Not to mention since you visit LA and thats the reason, why aren't you a "die hard" Clippers fan? Exactly.... its just a convenient way for you to always cheer for a winner.

I mean look how lucky you are! Your favorite teams you are a die hard fan for have won 11 championships in the last 20 years. How convenient! Are you sure you're not a die hard Spurs fan also because you visited the Alamo once when you were 6? Think about it, that would make 15 Championships......

got him.

hyb152
07-24-2010, 08:46 PM
I bet you've only liked the lakers since 08. Bandwagon is far from diehard

And unfortunately, this goes for about 70% of the laker fan base today. Ever since Gasol got on board, fans started loading up and ditching their former teams.

OREcoast49er
07-24-2010, 08:51 PM
^^^I may be a little older, but to me it happenned when they got Shaq and "won" those titles.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-24-2010, 08:58 PM
can't be diehard of 2 teams in same sport..only 1, u can like other teams tho if you want

XxigglesphanxX
07-24-2010, 09:20 PM

1.) you love your team

sounds like an eagles fan. ahh gotta love the midset

AntiG
07-24-2010, 09:44 PM
if you're an equal fan of both teams, you aren't die-hard of either.

Born in Boston, raised in NJ so I like the Nets and don't hate the Knicks (closer to neutral than anything). But they are not even comparable. I'm as die-hard of a Celtics fan you'll ever find.

papisupremo
07-24-2010, 10:40 PM
you can be a die-hard of two teams, as long as there's no rivalry or anything. its kinda hard in basketball since every team plays each other at least once a year. football tho is different, for example, im die-hard jets and packers and always have been and they only play each other every 4 years. is that wrong? i think not. since this is the nba forum tho, i agree this would be harder in basketball. and in nba i only love the knicks!

NYK|NYY
07-24-2010, 10:44 PM
"Die hard" is rooting for one team, imo.

MickeyMgl
07-25-2010, 12:00 AM

You can like them equally, but you're not a die hard of either.

Lizard King
07-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Well then I'm not a die-hard. I just LOVE both of them equally. Lol big deal?

SchyGuy11
07-25-2010, 03:55 AM
nba finals bulls-lakers 3-3, game 7 who do you cheer for?

Duncan = Donkey
07-25-2010, 04:06 AM
Having two teams is just ridiclious. Your not a real fan if you have two teams IMO.

Lizard King
07-25-2010, 04:47 PM
"You can't like two teams it's impossible to like two teams equally you CANNOT do it"

LMAO I was LMAO

SANDBURG23
07-25-2010, 05:08 PM

Not possible to be die hard of 2 teams. Die hard mesans u live and die with that team. You can't live and die 2x's what are u a cat.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 05:15 PM
where is it written that you cant be a die hard of two teams?
what would you say to guys that have been alive long enough to have followed the aba and nba, and had a team in each they loved? do you dismiss them? because it is now one league?

The Raven
07-25-2010, 05:33 PM
If the teams are rivals like the Lakers and Celtics, then thats a big no no.

9erlakesdodgers
07-25-2010, 06:53 PM
If you are a die hard fan, you live and die for that team. If your team moves or collapses, you are dead. You being dead means you cannot live to be a die hard fan for another team. Game set match.

Dieselpi
07-25-2010, 06:55 PM
If you are a die hard fan, you live and die for that team. If your team moves or collapses, you are dead. You being dead means you cannot live to be a die hard fan for another team. Game set match.

so if your team gets contracted you cant root for another team? you need to give up the sport completely.

double fault

9erlakesdodgers
07-25-2010, 07:05 PM
so if your team gets contracted you cant root for another team? you need to give up the sport completely.

double fault

well you certainly don't have a backup already lined up if this happens, and the reason why someone usually has two is one is where they are from and the other is conveniently winning.

Lizard King
07-25-2010, 07:07 PM
what would you say to guys that have been alive long enough to have followed the aba and nba, and had a team in each they loved? do you dismiss them? because it is now one league?

I believe it's written in the rule book coming out of their ***.

Steveoknox24
07-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Die hard means you root for them no matter what. How can you root for both teams when they play one another? There are no ties in basketball, what's good for one team hurts the other. What if they meet in the finals? If you see no paradox with these scenarios, I have to question your definition of die-hard.

Blazers#1Fan
07-25-2010, 07:24 PM
yeah you can be a fan of 1 but a die hard of another

im a die hard blazers fan i like other teams because i love the sport if LA plays the magic or now the heat team ill root la but its blazers over LA anyday or any team

blazerman
07-26-2010, 12:09 AM

I dont think so, Ive been a Steeler fan (football) since 78' and a 49er fan since 1981 (west coast) mainly because all my friends liked the Cowboys and I hated them. Still give the edge to the Steelers but like them both.

Lizard King
07-26-2010, 03:03 AM
I guess "die hard" is a poor word choice. But I love them both equally. It is wrong? No.

mynameismo
07-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Do what makes you happy - Lebron James

Baseballcb95
07-26-2010, 03:17 AM
I think there are several acceptable reasons for being a die-hard fan of two teams in the same sport.. one is sentimental, maybe ur dads or grandpas or brothers (who passed away) favorite team and your favorite team. also, location, if you were born in orlando and now live in portland and are a fan of both, i can understand. Also, say a kid grew up in OKC, absolutely loving the Mavericks or something, and all of the sudden, the thunder move to his hometown. i can understand being a fan of both. but general rule of thumb, pick one and stick with em, heat all the way.

Enemey
07-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Unacceptable !

Duncan = Donkey
07-26-2010, 07:51 AM

id say they are definetly not die hard fans.

Just like all the people who support different soccer teams in different league around the world. They follow a team for in premier league, serie a, la liga, bunderliga, etc. Just ridiclious. They are absolutely not die hard fans.

Duncan = Donkey
07-26-2010, 07:59 AM
I think there are several acceptable reasons for being a die-hard fan of two teams in the same sport.. one is sentimental, maybe ur dads or grandpas or brothers (who passed away) favorite team and your favorite team. also, location, if you were born in orlando and now live in portland and are a fan of both, i can understand. Also, say a kid grew up in OKC, absolutely loving the Mavericks or something, and all of the sudden, the thunder move to his hometown. i can understand being a fan of both. but general rule of thumb, pick one and stick with em, heat all the way.

i just think they are all excuses for following another team. You pick one team from a young age and you stick with them. You dont pick two teams like some fairweather fagot fan.

wileyisTOFU
07-26-2010, 09:47 AM

I cant take anyone seriously whos second team is the Lakers. If your born in LA this is one thing, but the fact is, your a fair-weather fan. Also if either team wins a ring, wont your joy be diluted because your indulging in two different teams?

wileyisTOFU
07-26-2010, 09:50 AM
i just think they are all excuses for following another team. You pick one team from a young age and you stick with them. You dont pick two teams like some fairweather fagot fan.

+1

Maybe if your second team was a ****** up and coming team like the grizzlies, then maybe you could make the argument.

Canes0097
07-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Im a die hard phins fan cause i was born in Miami. . . since Miami is in florida and i live in florida i am also a die hard bucs and jags fan. . . i took a trip to colorado with my fam when i was 5 so i am also a die hard broncos fan. . . . I spent a weak in north carolina once so i am also a die hard panthers fan. . . dont worry about it bro its perfectly ok to be a die hard fan of multiple teams. Im with you!!!

Thatruth32
07-26-2010, 10:50 AM
yes very wrong.... u can like more than one team but if u are a true diehard then u can only be die hard for one.... if u feel diehard for both then to be honest ur not truly diehard about either because a true diehard most likley doensnt even like a 2nd team

jmartin80
07-26-2010, 11:11 AM
The only sport I really can see someone "loving" two teams is college sports. As far as professional sports go, only one. There are some acceptable answers that have already been provided, but I would in no way ever consider someone who likes two different teams equally to be a "die hard" fan of either team. Just that they like them both.

MaHaRaJaH
07-26-2010, 11:26 AM
You get married to only one wife.

AllStar44
07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
I love the bulls and like the Lakers, I see no problem with it. Also not a bandwagon fan of the Lakers since I started liking them in 2000 when I was 9 years old and saw them on t.v. Some people here are being ignorant by saying you can't LIKE two teams, I can see the you can't be a die-hard fan of two teams argument but saying you can't like two teams seems very stupid.

td0tsfinest
07-26-2010, 11:42 AM
There's nothing wrong it, imo. As long as your not a bandwagon fan, its all good.

Meriweather31
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Okay, I Was Just Wondering. I Am And Always Will Be A Huge New England Patriots Fan. A Few Years Back, Before The New "Big 3" I Started Watching The Celtics And Rooting For Them Because They Were A Boston Team Also. As Faith Has It, The Celtics One The Finals The Next Year. Also, The Next Year I Started Watching The Bruins, And Now I'm Trying To Get Into The Red Sox. Does It Make Me A Bandwagon Fan That I Go For All Boston Teams Because I Am So "In Love" With The Patriots? BTW, I'm A DIE-HARD Celtics Fan Now. And Also, I'm From Canada (Outside Of Ontario So I Don't Like The Jays, Bills , Raptors, And My Province Dosent Have An NHL Team).

wileyisTOFU
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
fair weather ****

Lizard King
07-26-2010, 06:39 PM

LMAO calm down there, kid. Don't worry your Suns will amount to something in about 30 years.

+1

Maybe if your second team was a ****** up and coming team like the grizzlies, then maybe you could make the argument.

You're not even making an argument yourself. You sound like an idiot "You can't like the Lakers and the Bulls because the Lakers are good"

What an argument lmao. You guys are honestly sad sad people.

Im a die hard phins fan cause i was born in Miami. . . since Miami is in florida and i live in florida i am also a die hard bucs and jags fan. . . i took a trip to colorado with my fam when i was 5 so i am also a die hard broncos fan. . . . I spent a weak in north carolina once so i am also a die hard panthers fan. . . dont worry about it bro its perfectly ok to be a die hard fan of multiple teams. Im with you!!!

I really love Heat fans :)

The L Train
07-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Is it wrong to be a die hard fan of two teams?

Yes. It is morally and ethically wrong.

Next question?

bmcpx1034
07-26-2010, 06:46 PM
There can be only ONE!
Like me, i am from Houston, but have not lived there since 1997!
I was a fan since 1979 and i continue to be! I went through all of the ups and downs with lossing/winning/lossing/no playoffs. No matter what, if you consider yourself a 'DIEHARD' fan...then only ONE team can be that!
So drop the zero and get with the hero

:clap:

blackjack_119
07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
If you are a die hard fan of TWO teams I don't think you know what it means to be a die hard fan.

Lloyd Christmas
07-26-2010, 06:52 PM

You can't really argue with this. Also why are you angry with some answers you are getting? You asked the question.

Maybe "angry" is too strong of a word.

Lizard King
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
I just think a lot of the people are stupid for saying that one can't love two teams equally. It's bogus.

anpmp
07-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I think a lot of people on this message board consider loving ONE team similar to being in love with ONE person as a lover/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend. But I consider being a fan of more than one team to be more in common with loving your children.

If you have two children, it is possible to love both equally? Similarly, if you follow two teams, is it possible to love both equally and be a "die-hard" fan of both? I say "Yes" to both questions. If you don't have children or grew up in one NBA city, then you probably wouldn't understand.

Lizard King
07-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I think a lot of people on this message board consider loving ONE team similar to being in love with ONE person as a lover/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend. But I consider being a fan of more than one team to be more in common with loving your children.

If you have two children, it is possible to love both equally? Similarly, if you follow two teams, is it possible to love both equally and be a "die-hard" fan of both? I say "Yes" to both questions. If you don't have children or grew up in one NBA city, then you probably wouldn't understand.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

/thread

OREcoast49er
07-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I just think a lot of the people are stupid for saying that one can't love two teams equally. It's bogus.

Its far more stupid to have 2 teams dude, its time to grow up and pick one. Ive never even heard of such things til PSD. People that really follow sports, I.E. diehard have one team per sport. Its the way of the world my friend. But I dont know, maybe yore young and are part of the generation that got "participation" trophies and you think that type of shyt is ok. Winning AND losing is a part of life and having one team will take you on that roller coaster part of life. But when you take 2 teams from the biggest markets that are almost always competitive, you will only know what winning is like.

And if you like baseball, you should really be a Yankee fan, or at least make them your second team.