PDA

View Full Version : Has The 2008 Olympic Team Ruined The Competition In The NBA?

R_O_W_E
07-22-2010, 06:29 PM
We all saw how a bunch of these guys all changed teams teams this summer, but their friendships seem more important than trying to beat each other.

Instead of trying to have the best team and going against each other. Top players now want to join together to create super teams and share the glory. They've lost their competitive spirit.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Paul, Melo, and Williams on new teams soon. Not to mention Prince & Redd who will be FA's next summer, if not traded during the season.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2010, 07:59 PM
you know what dude, I was going to post something similar to this about a week ago. I was thinking along the same lines you are. I think the buddy buddy for the young guys for sure was a cause of this. Kobe, already being established and having a contending team probably had no interest, but man, I was thinking this exact thing.

BkOriginalOne
07-22-2010, 08:14 PM
No, because the Dream Team didn't ruin the league.
Different Era.
What ruined the league was the rule changes which gradually made the NBA less aggressive, competitive, and removed trash talking from the game. The more friendly NBA Game lessened the hatred NBA players felt btw each other.

It's one thing if you Golf with someone in the off season (another competitive outlet), but what back-to-back time MVP signs with with 2 other stars on one team.

Seems cowardly to me, just like the new NBA.

Hawkeye15
07-22-2010, 08:38 PM
the original dream team were all accomplished players though. They all were loyal to teams that that were winners. LeBron, and Bosh were on dysfunctional teams. I really think they got a taste of winning, Wade convinced them how awesome winning a ring is, and they hatched this plan. Riley and co. were alerted to what needed to be done, and bam. Here we are

Hawkeye15
07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
though I will agree its a girl's league nowadays. Thank you 1995 Knicks and Heat, Artest, boring scoring, among other things.

rufo4100
07-22-2010, 08:44 PM
I see where your going with this but I must say no. Olympics has nothing to do with this. THese guys could have chatted at the all star games etc...

djlamer
07-22-2010, 08:45 PM
don't think so
kobe still hates everybody and i doubt any of the other players will be playing together in the coming seasons....although anything is possible now

dodie53
07-22-2010, 08:50 PM
no.

they could have talked / planned about this any other time