PDA

View Full Version : Tigers have eyes on Cubs' Lilly

YankeeFan28
07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
The Tigers are trying to upgrade their rotation and have a slight preference for left-handed starters, because their roster doesn't currently have one. The Tigers have kept in touch with the Cubs about Ted Lilly, who had a terrific start against Houston on Wednesday.http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/MLB-latest-news-from-July-070110

zambo4president
07-22-2010, 07:40 PM
We'll love Lilly for life. I like Sizemore though, outside of him I don't like the Tigers farm.

The Jokemaker
07-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Lilly has the Eye of the Tiger

Guess he's the backup if they can't bring in a guy like Haren?

doyerfan59
07-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I would love Lilly on the Dodgers, I think he is underrated

From a Cub's perspective, how good is this guy? Seems like some rough starts inflated his ERA to higher than they really could be.

Mell413
07-22-2010, 08:14 PM

From a Cub's perspective, how good is this guy? Seems like some rough starts inflated his ERA to higher than they really could be.

He's not an ace, but I think he's a solid #3 starter. He has had some rough starts, but I think his ERA is about where it should be. His strikeouts are down and his velocity is down. His velocity could be down because he might not be recovered from his shoulder injury. He would pitch well in LA imo. Homeruns can be his downfall and I think less balls would leave the park in LA.

DavidWright5
07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Lilly could be a good #3 or 4 starter. He's definitely not an ace.

Ladies Man16
07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Lilly is underrated, and for the last several years i'd say hes been the ace our rotation. Truly he's really a second or third pitcher in a rotation, but for the most part he is consistent.

CheeznWingz
07-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Lily is a solid pitcher. He is a guy who will go out and give you a chance to win. He's a warrior. Should the Tigers make the playoffs, he would be a huge depth addition.

chicagofan71
07-22-2010, 08:43 PM

He really can have HR issues, but it may be inflated because of Wrigley in the summer.

Pleeeeaaaassseee Sizemore/Streiby for Lilly

1908_Cubs
07-22-2010, 08:45 PM
He's got good number #3 to mid-level number 2 in him for the rest of the season. Probably a 3 going forward. He's a very quality pitcher.

DodgersFanFor23
07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Ted would be a nice addition to the Dodger team, at least.

northsider
07-22-2010, 09:42 PM
He will be a great addition to any team.

Just don't anger him cause he will murder you no hesitations.

The ChiCago KiD
07-22-2010, 09:53 PM
lilly is a good number 2 and has been the glue that has held this rotation together.....if we cant get anything good for him I would rather re sign him....I have a feeling Terrible Ted will bring us some very good prospects. Very under rated pitcher.

Jilly Bohnson
07-22-2010, 11:24 PM
They really ought to go for it. Lilly's one problem is the homerun ball, in Comerica that shouldn't be as big of a problem. He'd be damn good to pair with Verlander, Bonderman, and Scherzer.

thawv
07-22-2010, 11:52 PM

He's had one "bad" start, that he couldn't get out of the 4th. Other than that, he's been pretty good. He gives the Cubs about 6.5 innings per start. And by today's standards, that's pretty good.

He has the misfortune of getting the worst run support in all of baseball. The Cubs average only 2.79 runs per 27 outs in games he starts. It's kind of tough to get many wins with that kind of support.

All in all, he's a very solid number 3 guy. Probably one of the better ones.

Ron!n
07-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Make sure he doesnt give up a Home Run and hes amazing

C-ross12
07-23-2010, 02:22 AM
He's had one "bad" start, that he couldn't get out of the 4th. Other than that, he's been pretty good. He gives the Cubs about 6.5 innings per start. And by today's standards, that's pretty good.

He has the misfortune of getting the worst run support in all of baseball. The Cubs average only 2.79 runs per 27 outs in games he starts. It's kind of tough to get many wins with that kind of support.

All in all, he's a very solid number 3 guy. Probably one of the better ones.

Dont need to add much to this post. Cubs havent scored for him. In a more spacious park Lilly is probably more of a 2 then a 3.