Espn and mainstream media created the "king james monster"

king4day
07-22-2010, 02:49 PM

:laugh: @ ur sig. That's great!

And I'll just say, Lebron James....in order to stay on topic in this thread,

HeaTxRipZz
07-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Good read and agree with majority of it but it wasn't just cleveland fans it was also the mainstream media as well. This goes to any young person being told they are king and the savior as a teenager into adult hood. I know if I was told this since 15 yrs old I would be cocky as hell too. People call it egotistical but you can only be as egotistical as the people that build up this huge ego. And with alot of stars that's what happens and when the ego begins to show and it's not in their favor people hate it

Purple&Gold24
07-22-2010, 02:58 PM

Your sig :laugh::laugh:

Epicfailure
07-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Cleveland fans might have had something to do with it, but they surely didn't start it. ESPN has been riding his nuts since High School.

fadedmario
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Think back to when Cleveland had Lebron. Honestly, they had the cockiest fans on PSD. Now its a ghost town in the Cavs forum. 3/4 of them probably changed their sigs and now can be found in the Heat forum. Kobe is the King, Durant is the Prince. Lebron was too scared to do it on his own.

J-Relo
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM
true true

FakeBlackMamba
07-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Lebron started it all. The self proclaimed King of basketball who speaks in the third person and calls his teamates his "supporting cast" is the one to blame. Not the fans who spent their hard earned money to go watch him, and love him even through all his arrogance, and then he stabs them in the back to take a shortcut to possible championships. Which he wont get.

LA2011

_Supreme_
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Think back to when Cleveland had Lebron. Honestly, they had the cockiest fans on PSD. Now its a ghost town in the Cavs forum. 3/4 of them probably changed their sigs and now can be found in the Heat forum. Kobe is the King. Lebron was too scared to do it on his own.

People who say this must have "forgotten" how Kobe threatened to leave and wanted a trade before the Pau Gasol scam happened :rolleyes:

tjlipford
07-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Think back to when Cleveland had Lebron. Honestly, they had the cockiest fans on PSD. Now its a ghost town in the Cavs forum. 3/4 of them probably changed their sigs and now can be found in the Heat forum. Kobe is the King, Durant is the Prince. Lebron was too scared to do it on his own.

Man, when your team has the best record and beating up all the teams then yea fans will feel happy and will defend there team. After "The Decsion" we saw the real Lebron, and all these different reports and stories coming out we all feel like fools believe me.

We was all sold on a lie the whole time. He never intended to win **** in Cleveland. Not only that but he never had any intentions of staying here anyway. It was all bogus, us as passionate fans never really noticed it.

Believe me Cleveland fans are pissed, and I doubt that any of us will change our sigs and go into a Heat forum.

FakeBlackMamba
07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
People who say this must have "forgotten" how Kobe threatened to leave and wanted a trade before the Pau Gasol scam happened :rolleyes:

you sound sad. Well, last time i checked KB24 has worn Purple and Gold his whole career. and would you look at that, he has won 5 Championships.

_Supreme_
07-22-2010, 03:47 PM
you sound sad. Well, last time i checked KB24 has worn Purple and Gols his whole career. and would you look at that, he has won 5 Championships.

And this is relevant to my previous post how exactly?

Oh wait that is right, it isn't!

:facepalm:

Truheatfan
07-22-2010, 03:48 PM

thats sig is hysterical!! :laugh::laugh:

_Supreme_
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I can't see the sig @ work :(

Epicfailure
07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah **** it, I'm glad Lebron is gone now that everything has died down a bit. It takes the focus of the Cavs for awhile.

Niro
07-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Man, when your team has the best record and beating up all the teams then yea fans will feel happy and will defend there team. After "The Decsion" we saw the real Lebron, and all these different reports and stories coming out we all feel like fools believe me.

We was all sold on a lie the whole time. He never intended to win **** in Cleveland. Not only that but he never had any intentions of staying here anyway. It was all bogus, us as passionate fans never really noticed it.

Believe me Cleveland fans are pissed, and I doubt that any of us will change our sigs and go into a Heat forum.

yeah thats why he signed a contract extension some years ago riiiiiiiiight

Lakersho
07-22-2010, 03:58 PM

...great sig, gotta give that to ya !!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hyb152
07-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Lebron started it all. The self proclaimed King of basketball who speaks in the third person and calls his teamates his "supporting cast" is the one to blame. Not the fans who spent their hard earned money to go watch him, and love him even through all his arrogance, and then he stabs them in the back to take a shortcut to possible championships. Which he wont get.

LA2011

:eyebrow: This is coming from a Laker/Kobe fan. Your post was so biased that it was comical. You have no credibility. At least some laker fans keep their bias to an extent and contribute something worthwhile to the topic. Anyways, cavs fans are just bitter. They're still in the funeral stage because now that Lebron left, they're nothing but a ghost town factory dump. They have nothing except for Drew Carey, and that's not saying much. Oh wait, they still have the Browns........

dstruong
07-23-2010, 01:49 AM
lakers forum will be a ghost town when kobe retires. Maybe the thunder will trade durant to the lakers for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in 3 years.

I hate to say this, but it seems like only the knicks have true fans... lol

CalJo1617
07-23-2010, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
07-23-2010, 02:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c

:laugh2:

:laugh::laugh:

Dude that's a top quality Burn right there... that is epic. wow.

dre1990
07-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Im so done with all this lebron ****

What?
07-23-2010, 02:21 AM

Except that Laker team was looking like it was going to be fighting for a playoff spot for the next 10 years were as that Cleveland team was a title contender

Catfish1314
07-23-2010, 02:23 AM
The media had a lot more to do with it than fans did. Fans hype up what the media covers and media covers what the fans hype up. In this case, the media is more to blame. They were breathing down LeBron's neck when he was still a kid in high school. Human beings at that age are still being molded. He was molded into the primadonna he is today. It's not his fault and not necessarily a bad thing. It will make him one hell of a business man. Just not the most liked guy in the world.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-23-2010, 02:26 AM

Yeah, but when Kobe threatened to leave, he wanted to go to a Bulls team who did not have Derrick Rose or Noah yet. He did not ask to go to the Spurs to play with Duncan, he did not ask to be traded to another team who was ready to win with another superstar. He asked to be traded to the Bulls, who were not that better than the Lakers at the time. He does not need anyone to carry him. He just asked for someone who could catch a bounce pass.

As a matter of fact, he saw playing with Shaq was too easy. He was looking for a challenge when he was going to leave the Lakers. The Lakers decided that he could play without Shaq right here in L.A.

Wade_County
07-23-2010, 02:27 AM
lakers forum will be a ghost town when kobe retires. Maybe the thunder will trade durant to the lakers for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in 3 years.

I absolutely hate Kobe and the Lakers but what your saying could not be anymore wrong. The Lakers have one of the largest fan bases in professional sports. You know there was a time when Kobe hasnt there, and I think they did alright then.

ldc62
07-23-2010, 02:38 AM
I blame the media more than I blame the fans; however they bit what the media fed... hook, line and sinker. They loved pandering to Lebron and Lebron's ego grew.

JJ_JKidd
07-23-2010, 02:48 AM
espn and mainstream media created the "king james monster"

+1

shizzle09
07-23-2010, 04:13 AM

Wow, classic sig. that is awesome! :clap::clap::clap:

CalJo1617
07-23-2010, 02:23 PM

:facepalm:

jetsforever
07-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Cleveland fans didn't do anything. James earned the monster but that monster was made by mainstream media

CrotchetyOldMan
07-23-2010, 02:46 PM
the thing that I love about all these articles coming out and bashing cleveland and cleveland fans is that they are all written by Miami Guy (a generalization for all 3 sports writers in Miami)...I have yet to see an article written by anyone outside of Miami to this effect...I guess it's just human nature displaying our astounding ability to justify ourselves and what we believe...Now all 15 Miami fans have to justify in their minds how they are going to root for an completely heartless egotistical freak show...They justify it by blaming Cleveland and Cavs fans for "creating" this monster that now they must pull for...Pretty common human reaction and pretty funny to watch it play out...

MiamiWadeCounty
07-23-2010, 03:13 PM
another funny post im gonna use as my sig is when someone posted that marvin williams has the speed and athletic ability to shutdown lebron

jetsfan89
07-23-2010, 03:29 PM
shame on the cavs fans for cheering for LeBron