PDA

View Full Version : The dumbest trade the offseason

j-bay
07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
kirk hinrich geting traded you lose your pick, you lose one of your best guys hoping to get lebron which they didn't they got boozer but with hinrich they would be better with him and boozer
i'm happy because it made the wiz better

koreancabbage
07-21-2010, 10:56 PM
even the Bulls gm regretted it. it was a bad trade...

SugeKnight
07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
they took that risk and it didnt pay off. but at the time, everyone was thinking chicago would be the favorites to get James

Hindsight is 20/20

sargon21
07-21-2010, 10:58 PM
not at all but you dont understand the bulls situation... and what resulted from it

Jays Claw
07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
It was an all or nothing move.

mynameismo
07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Well at least they got rid of his bad contract. Kirk's good but he ain't worth 9M.

Iggz53
07-21-2010, 11:50 PM
The Kirk trade wasn't a bad trade at all. They had to take the chance of getting one of the big 3, it didn't pan out, and as a result, we don't have an 8 million backup PG on the roster. He was replaced by much better fits at the end so it was a positive transaction. I regret trading the pick but the chance we would've gotten significant value there is slim.

bigdogg214
07-22-2010, 12:05 AM
check out who they signed, its not a bad trade

ronnie brewer
carlos boozer
kyle korver
cj watson

possibly tmac

defender4m
07-22-2010, 12:12 AM
its bad but not turrible

Evolution23
07-22-2010, 12:15 AM
So what they got Boozer and now they're a top 4 team in the East...

SouthEast DC
07-22-2010, 12:18 AM
kirk hinrich geting traded you lose your pick, you lose one of your best guys hoping to get lebron which they didn't they got boozer but with hinrich they would be better with him and boozer

100% With You CuzZz

ldc62
07-22-2010, 12:19 AM
I think it was worth the risk. Had it worked and they got Lebron and Bosh they would be the instant favorites in the whole league. They got Boozer now and to me still considered a favorite in the East.

Stunner
07-22-2010, 12:19 AM

ronnie brewer
carlos boozer
kyle korver
cj watson

possibly tmac

x2 watson and brewer make up for Kirk still a good trade for the bulls either way u look at it. Gives Bulls more cap room flex and able to make better trades down the line. So yeah im happy with the trade.

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 12:20 AM
The Bulls were screwed by LeBron and world wide wes.

ChiSox219
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
The opportunity for two superstars + ending up with Korver, Brewer, Watson plus TBD players = win

Hinrich was overpaid and overrated. Nice player but we are better off with the players we replaced him with.

Bulls_fan90
07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
So what they got Boozer and now they're a top 4 team in the East...

The other teams in our division are Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Cleveland. Which of those teams are better than the Bulls (only team that stands a chance is the Bucks). If we win our division we get a top 4 seed. Pretty simple.

As for the topic, the only thing i don't like about the trade is moving the pick for nothing. Kirk was overpayed. And we already have an All-Star at his position.

SouthEast DC
07-22-2010, 12:22 AM
The Kirk trade wasn't a bad trade at all. They had to take the chance of getting one of the big 3, it didn't pan out, and as a result, we don't have an 8 million backup PG on the roster. He was replaced by much better fits at the end so it was a positive transaction. I regret trading the pick but the chance we would've gotten significant value there is slim.

The Bulls should of waited to get LBJ befor trading. But I think Boozer ,ight be a bust. Might not be a good sign. IDk iam just saying...look at Brand when he went to the Sixers. The East is packed with Big Men Now. Might not be as good as we think for Boozer. But with Rose maybe he can take someheat off Boozer.We'll see.

Iggz53
07-22-2010, 12:22 AM
The Bulls were screwed by LeBron and world wide wes.

Not at all. We had a backup plan and used it right when LeBron was signed. Nobody got screwed except Cleveland, who he should've told much earlier than his big special that he was not coming back to.

Iggz53
07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
The Bulls should of waited to get LBJ befor trading. But I think Boozer ,ight be a bust. Might not be a good sign. IDk iam just saying...look at Brand when he went to the Sixers. The East is packed with Big Men Now. Might not be as good as we think for Boozer. But with Rose maybe he can take someheat off Boozer.We'll see.

Who cares, I'd rather have Brewer and Korver over Kirk at the 2. He's not a SG, plain and simple and paying 8 mil for a backup PG is bad management.

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Not at all. We had a backup plan and used it right when LeBron was signed. Nobody got screwed except Cleveland, who he should've told much earlier than his big special that he was not coming back to.

It was the right move at the time and you did get some good players anyways, but your own GM regrets the move which says alot.

Iggz53
07-22-2010, 12:27 AM
It was the right move at the time and you did get some good players anyways, but your own GM regrets the move which says alot.

He regrets trading Kirk as a player in general (based on loyalty, his performance over the years at PG). In context, he used the word "regret" in terms of "it's too bad we had to trade him". As a business move, it was the right move, period.

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 12:29 AM

ronnie brewer
carlos boozer
kyle korver
cj watson

possibly tmac

Exactly. We basically got Brewer, Korver and Watson for the price of Kirk.

Stunner
07-22-2010, 12:30 AM
He regrets trading Kirk as a player in general (based on loyalty, his performance over the years at PG). In context, he used the word "regret" in terms of "it's too bad we had to trade him". As a business move, it was the right move, period.

x2 trying to tell us about our Bulls

Kashmir13579
07-22-2010, 12:33 AM
i like hinrichs game but you guys still have a decent roster. everybody got ****ed by pat riley. don't cry about it.

blastmasta26
07-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Definitely not the dumbest trade. I think it was a good move for the Bulls, Kirk wasn't worth his contract and although he's got defensive value, he was too inconsistent and he's not a SG anyway. Bulls had a good offseason, and it's partially because of the trade not despite it.

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Exactly. We basically got Brewer, Korver and Watson for the price of Kirk.

Kirk Hinrich is a better player than Brewer, Korver and Watson.

Iggz53
07-22-2010, 12:49 AM

He's also an inferior SG to Brewer and Korver and Watson's contract fits better for a backup PG role. No matter what way you try to sway this, you're not going to make it seem like a bad trade for the Bulls because it in no way was.

abe_froman
07-22-2010, 12:52 AM

how so.korver,brewer,watson combined is better than "kurt"....plus we still have money left.kirk is an alright guy,good pg but crappy sg.he served no need for us at all

now if you want to think its a steal,that great i'm glad your happy with him...but i'm just as happy,if not more so with what we have gotten with his contract off the books.cheers!

you be hard pressed to find any fan who regrets it

hustleloyrspct
07-22-2010, 12:53 AM
my whole problem with hinrich is he is a streaky shooter i mean just look at their series vs the cavs he had one or 2 awesome games and the others he was ice cold. as for the trade it wasnt as bad as people put it out to be sure we will miss hinrich but he was overpaid and hes not even a 2 guard

Kyben36
07-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Perhaps, but we needed to trade Kirk anyway, the pick probably wasnt going to land us anything, WE should have probobly looking back traded him for something back, instead of just cap room, but im not angry about it. Kirk needed to go, we have rose,

bigdogg214
07-22-2010, 01:12 AM

3 vs 1?
wat u smokin????cuz im smokin dat good kush, idk bout u, crack?

how u gon say kirk is better than brewer, korver, watson

ill take those 3 than a piece of hinrich

stick wit ur miami big 3 n be real

lets get this **** straight im not a bulls fan but wat im sayin is da truth

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 01:14 AM
3 vs 1?
wat u smokin???????????????????

how u gon say kirk is better than brewer, korver, watson

ill take those 3 than a piece of hinrich

stick wit ur miami big 3 n be real

lets get this **** straight im not a bulls fan but wat im sayin is da truth

I meant individually

zambo4president
07-22-2010, 01:16 AM
I seriously got an infraction over what I said to jbay? That's ********.

Wade>You
07-22-2010, 01:17 AM
I don't understand; how can it be a bad move (per Reinsdorf) when you have Derrick Rose as your starting PG?

If anything, it had to be done.

Illinirob83
07-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Hinrich sucks and had a horrible contract. Good "leader", scrappy defender but way too streaky of an offensive player. Trading him and not having to pay a 17th pick in a bad draft was fine.

bigdogg214
07-22-2010, 01:29 AM
I meant individually

its not like they traded 3 hinrich

ill take brewer,korver,watson than have hinrich in my roster

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 01:32 AM
its not like they traded 3 hinrich

ill take brewer,korver,watson than have hinrich in my roster

Im pretty sure they could have acquired those players without trading Hinrich, i might be wrong.

bigdogg214
07-22-2010, 01:39 AM
Im pretty sure they could have acquired those players without trading Hinrich, i might be wrong.

ur pretty sure but u might be wrong?:laugh2:

abe_froman
07-22-2010, 01:42 AM

math isnt your friend is it?

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 01:42 AM
ur pretty sure but u might be wrong?:laugh2:

I'm covering myself. lol.

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 01:43 AM
math isnt your friend is it?

I don't know the Bulls exact salary cap situation, but you almost had enough 2 sign max players so....

abe_froman
07-22-2010, 01:43 AM
I meant individually
how is hinrich better than brewer?

IversonIsKrazy
07-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Like a guy said before it was an All or Nothing deal. He was a good guy to have on the team but if we kept him, I dont think we could've gone after some of the role players we got like Korver, Brewer, and hopefully Mason as well. Plus CJ will play great as a back-up PG, but we will miss Kirk's defense.

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 01:49 AM
how is hinrich better than brewer?

Looking at the stats Hinrich is better at everything except FG%, but Hinrich is a way better 3pt shooter.

abe_froman
07-22-2010, 01:50 AM
I don't know the Bu;;s exact slary cap situation, but you almost has enough 2 sign max players so....

trading hinrich was what almost gave us enough for 2,all it takes is simple addition,nothing complicated to figure out that we couldnt get those 3 and keep kirk.i like kirk,met him once,and he was a decent pg...but in no way is he a major loss,hell before trading him i'm betting you'd be flaming any bulls fan that said anything good about him,am i right? ;)

he was a pg,which we have one better than him,we played him at sg this year because we had no other options.he didnt fit next rose and wasnt that good of player(stats back me up on that).so there was no reason to keep him,i dont regret trading him,hell i've been wishing for it for the past 3 years.

and hey if you want to chug it and laugh out of some stupid rivalry thing,ignoring any of what i said because it doesnt fit it in your hope that it was bad for us,than shouldnt you be happy about it?

abe_froman
07-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Looking at the stats Hinrich is better at everything except FG%, but Hinrich is a way better 3pt shooter.

how,kirk had higher traditional number while playing almost 10 mins more per game...hmmm might that have an impact on ppg?...i wonder.lets see he was worse on eff. and if you extrapolate to give them the same amount of mins that favors brewer

Jonathan2323
07-22-2010, 01:59 AM
how,kirk had higher traditional number while playing almost 10 mins more per game...hmmm might that have an impact on ppg?...i wonder.lets see he was worse on eff. and if you extrapolate to give them the same amount of mins that favors brewer

Hinrich played 3 mins per game more than Brewer.

DreStylez
07-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Kirk Hinrich < Brewer, Watson, Korver
I really liked Hinrich and I was really pissed how we got nothing in losing a good defender and leader but after really analyzing the trade we got three quality players with the money we were paying for one guy.

TopsyTurvy
07-22-2010, 02:29 AM
CJ Watson for a second round pick (if confirmed) is a pretty raw deal for the Warriors. I know he doesn't have too much of a spot on that roster's back court now, but that's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

Wade>You
07-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Kirk Hinrich < Brewer, Watson, Korver
I really liked Hinrich and I was really pissed how we got nothing in losing a good defender and leader but after really analyzing the trade we got three quality players with the money we were paying for one guy.I agree with this.

esewicked13
07-22-2010, 02:42 AM
agreed....only bulls fans are saying it wasnt a bad trade but it was flat out ********...
watson and korver aint worth it.
kirk is one of the best underrated players out there!

he can shoot jumpers and 3's
he plays defense
he can play point or shooting guard
hes physical
he makes smart plays
he helped mentor d-rose
he leads a fastbreak well.
he can be a starter or a great bench player but wit d-rosse he a bench player but there are sum teams who badly need a pg and hinirich would be an upgrade hugely!!!!!!!!!!!

my bro is a bulls fan and he was so hot-headed after this trade

hinirich brings so much more than korver or watson
watson sucks
t-mac is washed up and has never been out the 1st round of playoffs
and korver sucks at defense, he is weak and all he can do is be a stand still 3pt shooter!
brewer is a nice pickup but they could have kept hinirich and still got brewer!!!!
agree dumbest trade by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whether the bulls fans want to admit it or not.........these are true facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJrockPD
07-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Kirk was my favorite player and I'm upset we lost such a great player, but finacially the move made sense for the Bulls. Freeing up 9 mil that we were paying a pg playing out of position allowed the Bulls to do a lot this offseason. Yes that trade was stupid when looking at what both sides got, but it was the right move for the Bulls.

akesh99
07-22-2010, 03:05 AM
If you solely look at the trade itself, it looks horrible on the Bulls part. They weren't interested in obtaining equal value in the form of another player. What that trade did was allow them to free up cap space which IMO is extremely valuable. Especially since the Bulls did a great job utilizing the extra money Hinrich would have eaten up. Essentially, Hinrich was no longer relevant on the Bulls and by turning him into Brewer, Korver and Watson there's no way you can look at this as a bad deal

Shonuff
07-22-2010, 03:46 AM
If you solely look at the trade itself, it looks horrible on the Bulls part. They weren't interested in obtaining equal value in the form of another player. What that trade did was allow them to free up cap space which IMO is extremely valuable. Especially since the Bulls did a great job utilizing the extra money Hinrich would have eaten up. Essentially, Hinrich was no longer relevant on the Bulls and by turning him into Brewer, Korver and Watson there's no way you can look at this as a bad deal

Bingo. However, haters are going to figure out ways to make this look bad.

Wade>You
07-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Bingo. However, haters are going to figure out ways to make this look bad.Jerry Reinsdorf (Bulls Owner) said, in hindsight, he regrets making this trade. That hater.

Iggz53
07-22-2010, 04:26 AM
agreed....only bulls fans are saying it wasnt a bad trade but it was flat out ********...
watson and korver aint worth it.
kirk is one of the best underrated players out there!

he can shoot jumpers and 3's
he plays defense
he can play point or shooting guard
hes physical
he makes smart plays
he helped mentor d-rose
he leads a fastbreak well.
he can be a starter or a great bench player but wit d-rosse he a bench player but there are sum teams who badly need a pg and hinirich would be an upgrade hugely!!!!!!!!!!!

my bro is a bulls fan and he was so hot-headed after this trade

hinirich brings so much more than korver or watson
watson sucks
t-mac is washed up and has never been out the 1st round of playoffs
and korver sucks at defense, he is weak and all he can do is be a stand still 3pt shooter!
brewer is a nice pickup but they could have kept hinirich and still got brewer!!!!
agree dumbest trade by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whether the bulls fans want to admit it or not.........these are true facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a SG: Fact

Thanks for playing

Iggz53
07-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Jerry Reinsdorf (Bulls Owner) said, in hindsight, he regrets making this trade. That hater.

Except he didn't. People just like to take that quote out of context for arguments like these. In context, he said he regrets trading him because he's been crucial to this team for a long time. It doesn't take much to understand that an 8 mil backup PG is probably not a good idea. We got better fits in return. That's all there is to it.

Russell_Roberts
07-22-2010, 07:22 AM
good trade

inthecut-miami
07-22-2010, 07:48 AM

couldnt agree with you more

BKNets21
07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
If anything it's a pretty bad trade for the Wizards... They pretty much paid $19m for a mentor for John Wall and an unproven European project.

thenaj17
07-22-2010, 09:26 AM
The opportunity for two superstars + ending up with Korver, Brewer, Watson plus TBD players = win

Hinrich was overpaid and overrated. Nice player but we are better off with the players we replaced him with.

Agree with this, i like this Chicago team

TheWatcher34
07-22-2010, 09:35 AM
the dumbest move was when i decided to not sign up for the draft

Chi City23
07-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Are we talking about the same Kirk Hinrich who averaged 10pts on 41% shooting, who is a PG but played out of position at SG all while he was making $8-9mil??

Brewer averaged the same amount of pts on a way better %, plays better D, is bigger so he isn't out of position at SG and for half the price! Then we signed Korver and Watson. We could have had JJ Redick also but Magic matched the offer sheet.

The Bulls did the right thing in trading him but things turned out differently than they had hoped for but still worth it imo.

ugottabjoshinme
07-22-2010, 10:03 AM
The Bulls essentially replaced Hinrich's salary with Kyle Korver and Ronnie Brewer. If the Bulls would have traded Kirk to the Jazz last year for those two players, I would have been quite pleased with it. So the Kirk trade really isnt all that bad.

Turtle55
07-22-2010, 10:09 AM
I think any trade where you bring in Turkoglu's contract is the worst trade of the Summer. You have Grant Hill and need to replace Amare so you trade for Hedo? WTF?

Turtle55
07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Hinrich did a great job mentoring Rose but that job is done now and Rose is ready to take on the leadership role. At this point he was a drastically overpaid combo guard that was no longer a good fit on the Bulls' team. He was being paid what he was being paid based on the belief that he was the Bulls PG of the future. That was before Rose. It was time to deal him and it cost a first round pick to get that salary off your books. Considering they've replaced him with solid and younger/cheaper players makes it a win.

And for those who keep naively saying that Reinsdorf said he regrets it. As Iggz has continually pointed out to you he regrets that they had to trade away a leader and a guy who has meant so much to the organization. From a business and basketball standpoint he doesn't and shouldn't regret it.

pacofunk64
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
It's all hindsight now. If anything this was a terrible move for Washington. Why would they want Chicago to clear enough room to possibly get two max guys? That's the reason the Bulls even put Kirk on the market. Not to mention his $9mil was high for what he actually performed on the court. At the end of the day by moving Hinrich you could say the Bulls got Brewer, Korver, and Watson. I'll take the 3 > 1 anyday.

DeyAce
07-22-2010, 10:33 AM
They are still better than the wizards

xbrackattackx
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Don't know why my comment was deleted but it said...

"I would trade Kirk Hinrich for Boozer,Brewer,Cj and Korver."

Still stand by that.

I don't really get the Hedo and Barbosa trade either.

DCSportsIsPain
07-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Not the worst trade of the off-season. The title is inaccurate. Chicago had been trying to dump Kirk's salary for quite some time. The fact that it also helped in the pursuit of X player is tangential to the Bulls having been trying to lose Hinrich's $9MM for a while. Chicago found a willing trade partner who needs Kirk for what he brings at the PG position and got what they needed in free agency. Seems like a win-win trade to me.

Wade_County
07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
It would be trading CP3 for scrubs

ChiMaverick
07-22-2010, 10:50 AM
It would be trading CP3 for scrubs

I still hate the Heat but your sig is hilarious as hell

mikantsass
07-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Bad move now, but at the time it was neccessary for their pursuit of LeBron