PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy...

eibbor
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
I think J Wall is wayyyyyy over hyped...

I think his stats could possibly be padded being on the Wizards, but I think it's just as likely he averages more turnovers than assists...

There have been a lot of players that are talented athletically... Maybe he proves me wrong but I doubt he ever lives up to the hype and is never a superstar.

Method28
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Crazy

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
crazy

Gators123
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Crazy

eibbor
07-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Crazy

Nah, over rated

All star maybe because the average fan is a dumba** but not superstar

ROSEBULL
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Crazy

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Nah, over rated

All star maybe because the average fan is a dumba** but not superstar

how can u say that before hes played a real NBA game?

Korman12
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Well the thing here is, you've obviously made up your mind about him already. You have it in your head that he'll be a bust and it'll be hard to convince you otherwise. It's understandable, you have a gut feeling.

However, just saying it doesn't really do your stance too much justice. Why do you think he won't develop into what a lot of people think he will?

Korman12
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Well the thing here is, you've obviously made up your mind about him already. You have it in your head that he'll be a bust and it'll be hard to convince you otherwise. It's understandable, you have a gut feeling.

However, just saying it doesn't really do your stance too much justice. Why do you think he won't develop into what a lot of people think he will?

BKNets21
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Crazy

eibbor
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM

I haven't exactly made up my mind. It's just an opinion.

I just think there are a lot of athletic guards and I think he is getting too much hype. Beasly anyone? (as far as hype not guards)

To answer your question I think while he is fast, and has a little height, he has no meat. He doesn't have a great jump shot. He is fast and he can get to the hole, but I don't see him as a Rhondo or anything.

ManRam
07-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah. You are already justifying ways how even if he does have a good season you can still say that he isn't good. Your mind is made up...which really isn't being objective.

eibbor
07-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Rather than hate, tell me why I'm wrong. What does he have. I'm only trying to start a constructive convo about it :)

Heater4life
07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I think he is over-hyped, cant argue because i have no proof, but its my gut feeling.

eibbor
07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah. You are already justifying ways how even if he does have a good season you can still say that he isn't good. Your mind is made up...which really isn't being objective.

A mod should have posts that aren't so pointless, see my previous post.

eibbor
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I think he is over-hyped, cant argue because i have no proof, but its my gut feeling.

Thats all I'm saying. I think he is getting too much love. People get upset so easily lol

Gators123
07-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Rather than hate, tell me why I'm wrong. What does he have. I'm only trying to start a constructive convo about it :)

Draft express:

STRENGTHS:
- Ability to get to free throw line
- Mix between scoring/passing
- Pick and roll play
- Pure point guard
- Versatility
- Ability to create own shot
- Ability to contest shots
- Commitment to playing defense
- Lateral quickness
- Versatility to defend multiple positions
- Body language
- Coachable
- Energy/Intensity
- Huge upside
- Leadership skills in clutch
- Winning mentality
- Work ethic
- High-level productivity
- Court vision
- Ability to finish around basket
- Body control
- Freakish athleticism
- Size for position
- Wingspan
- Free throw shooting

WEAKNESSES:
- Mid-range game
- Turnover prone
- Advanced ball-handling skills
- Change of gears/Hesitation moves
- Struggles to create with off hand
- 3-point range
- Ability to shoot off the dribble
- Inconsistent shooter

eibbor
07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Draft express:

STRENGTHS:
- Pick and roll play
- Pure point guard
- Versatility
- Lateral quickness
- Body language
- Coachable
- Energy/Intensity
- Huge upside
- Winning mentality
- Work ethic
- Court vision
- Body control
- Freakish athleticism
- Size for position
- Wingspan
- Free throw shooting

Thank you!

I wont dispute any of those facts as his strengths coming out of college. There are just some that don't go over to the NBA. What were S Bowies or Beasleys? I'm just saying... What u get away with in college doesn't always translate...
Hell, I'll even throw in pure speed but that doesn't mean he can defend when he gets backed up to the basket. It doesn't mean he will always be the fastest player on the court. Wingspan and size are great but not without meat.

eibbor
07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Draft express:

STRENGTHS:
- Pick and roll play
- Pure point guard
- Versatility
- Lateral quickness
- Body language
- Coachable
- Energy/Intensity
- Huge upside
- Winning mentality
- Work ethic
- Court vision
- Body control
- Freakish athleticism
- Size for position
- Wingspan
- Free throw shooting

WEAKNESSES:
- Mid-range game
- Turnover prone
- Advanced ball-handling skills
- Change of gears/Hesitation moves
- Struggles to create with off hand
- 3-point range
- Ability to shoot off the dribble
- Inconsistent shooter

I also appreciate you pointing out weaknesses. You can sum it up with, no mid range and no 3.. If he averages 10 assists then cool, thats a success. But if not he is going to be a sub par d Rose...

Chacarron
07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
I respect your opinion because I myself too think he is a little overhyped. I won't say he is overrated because he hasn't played a regular season game yet.

Reyes6
07-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Lunatic.

MrfadeawayJB
07-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I would say he is overhyped, but i think eventually he will live up to the hype. Turnovers are obviously his achilles heal right now, but it is for almost all rookie pg's.

hyb152
07-21-2010, 10:49 PM
I think J Wall is wayyyyyy over hyped...

I think his stats could possibly be padded being on the Wizards, but I think it's just as likely he averages more turnovers than assists...

There have been a lot of players that are talented athletically... Maybe he proves me wrong but I doubt he ever lives up to the hype and is never a superstar.

Wall is going to be a star, but he is a little bit overhyped. Nobody talks about his 750 turnovers a game average. He better work on that if he's going to be a superstar pg.

barreleffact
07-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Wall is going to be a star, but he is a little bit overhyped. Nobody talks about his 750 turnovers a game average. He better work on that if he's going to be a superstar pg.

wade is a turnover machine too with no deep range and he's a superstar

(i know u specified pg btw)

sargon21
07-21-2010, 10:56 PM
i dont think he will be a star, while many compare him to drose, i see him as more of a rondo with a little better scoring ability, also he looks extremely thin in that 6' 3-4" body also

barreleffact
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
^ not extremely. durant is extremely thin and noone doubts him. at the end of the day you can build muscle but you cant grow nor increase your wingspan

xbrackattackx
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Crazy

crazy

Crazy

Crazy

Crazy

x2