PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul reportedly "wants out" - Names Magic, Lakers and Knicks as his preference

Pages : [1] 2 3

GodsSon
07-21-2010, 08:40 PM
When Paul was quoted a few weeks ago as saying he'd be open to a trade if the Hornets aren't committed to building a championship team, it was only a small hint as to the size of the chasm that exists between the franchise and its cornerstone player. Paul, in fact, has put into motion an aggressive exit strategy that will accelerate in the coming weeks, and his clear intention is to be traded before the start of the 2010-11 season, a person with direct knowledge of his plans told CBSSports.com Wednesday.

"He wants out," said the person, who has been briefed on Paul's strategy but spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it publicly. "He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron's model of teaming up with other great players."

Paul's list of preferred destinations consists of the Knicks, Magic and Lakers, and members of his inner circle already have sent word to the Hornets of his desire to be traded to one of those teams, sources say. If Paul has his way, he's played his last game in a Hornets jersey.

"He feels like they haven't put the right pieces together," said the person familiar with the star point guard's plans.

Paul, a three-time All-Star, still has two years before he can become a free agent. But his dissatisfaction with the Hornets' downward spiral, coupled with the coup pulled off by James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami has only accelerated his desire to seek a trade. Sources within the NBA say members of Paul's camp have told them recently, "He's not going to start the season in New Orleans."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13659617/new-hornets-brass-already-facing-crisis-with-paul?tag=headlines;nba

He'll be traded before the summer is over.

DCSportsIsPain
07-21-2010, 08:44 PM
:violin:

dbronx42
Kenyon Martin (huge expiring) and Chauncey Billups plus a 1st round pick for CP3 and Emeka Okafor? ;)

Iggz53
Whichever of those 3 teams he goes (if he leaves), he makes them strong contenders for the remainder of his contract.

ManRam
07-21-2010, 08:45 PM
No one is going to say a bad thing about Chris Paul wanting to be traded from his current team, which is far more a smack in the face than just leaving during free agency. No one is going to call him a quitter if he does leave. No one is going to question his character, at least not to the extent they did towards You Know Who. That's funny to me. But that's how things work.

He's never going to win in NO, and I don't blame him for wanting out. Hopefully he gets his wish, but hopefully it isn't to LA ;)

I'd gladly take him off of NO's hands :nod:

Hellcrooner
07-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok then.

Bynum sasha and pick

and we get hornets rid of Okafors horribel contract.

Pauk,Kobe, Artest, Pau, Okafor with Fisher, Blake, Walton, vets min vets min character and ebaks from teh bench

king4day
07-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Can you imagine if the Magic get him? Florida would have possibly the two best teams in the league.

Of course, if he goes anywhere, I'd love to see him in NY. They don't have enough to give up though. Only Gallo, chandler and maybe Landry Fields. Not sure he'll want to go to NY with such thin talent.
Then again, if Miami and Boston could get guys to play there for cheap, then I see no reason the Knicks can't (ie: eddie house, TMac)

blastmasta26
07-21-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd love to see CP3 on the Knicks, obviously. But I don't know what we could trade for him. If he isn't traded to the Knicks, I would like to see him in Orlando. That could make the East a lot more interesting.

Sandman
07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Knicks or Magic would be great.

Lakers and I puke.

goblazers7
07-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Go to portland

batum,bayless,pryz,andre,rudy,two future 1st rounds
for
cp3

cp3/Mills/Johnson
roy/E.Will
Matthews/Babbitt
Lma/Pendergraph/Cunningham
Oden/Camby

strong.

ManRam
07-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I'd love to see CP3 on the Knicks, obviously. But I don't know what we could trade for him. If he isn't traded to the Knicks, I would like to see him in Orlando. That could make the East a lot more interesting.

You guys are still under the cap (right?). So you guys could provide them with the most cap relief.

The ability to absorb the most salary (you also have Curry's expiring) might be enough...especially if you include one of your young guns or two. NYK's picks are also more valuable (slightly) than LA's or Orlando's.

ChiBulls91
07-21-2010, 08:55 PM
No one is going to say a bad thing about Chris Paul wanting to be traded from his current team, which is far more a smack in the face than just leaving during free agency. No one is going to call him a quitter if he does leave. No one is going to question his character, at least not to the extent they did towards You Know Who. That's funny to me. But that's how things work.

He's never going to win in NO, and I don't blame him for wanting out. Hopefully he gets his wish, but hopefully it isn't to LA ;)

most people aren't going to give him crap for wanting out because the franchise is being run into the ground. The owner wants to keep shedding salary and they arent getting any good, or even decent, players brought in.
He hasn't been too pleased with the organization for a while.

stawka
07-21-2010, 08:56 PM
ZOMG bro. CP3 is an ***, I hate him OMG!

Will we see any "I hope CP3 dies" threads like we did with LeBron? I don't think so

People want to win rings. I respect that far more than wanting money, do what you want CP3. You put in the effort throughout your career, not us

Wade>You
07-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Pat Riley is already working the phone lines ;)

Enemey
07-21-2010, 08:57 PM

Hmm did the hornets have the best record in the league for the past 2 years ? Did the hornets even make the playoffs ? Did the GM try to bring some players to help CP3 like how the Cavs did with you know who ? CP3 told them to try and bring players but yet they trade decent players for Cap space.

This is similar to kobe case in 2007, all they wanted was to be contenders . They will stay if their FO would bring in players to help become contenders .

Sandman
07-21-2010, 08:57 PM
You guys are still under the cap (right?). So you guys could provide them with the most cap relief.

The ability to absorb the most salary (you also have Curry's expiring) might be enough...especially if you include one of your young guns or two. NYK's picks are also more valuable (slightly) than LA's or Orlando's.

I'm not sure what the cap number is. They had enough for 2 max FAs, then they signed Amare, Felton for 2/9 and Mozgov for 3/3-4

Scalphunter13
07-21-2010, 08:58 PM

You obviously don't get why people are upset with Lebron. Its not him leaving, its the completely unnecessary 1 hour long special on ESPN, that was the most egotistical thing i have witnessed in sports. No to mention the ESPN coverage for the last month and the exclusive all lebron coverage all day of the decision. Who wouldn't want out of cleveland that place is a shithole, its just the way he went about it rubbed everyone the wrong way.

blastmasta26
07-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure what the cap number is. They had enough for 2 max FAs, then they signed Amare, Felton for 2/9 and Mozgov for 3/3-4
We took back some salary in the Lee trade as well. We probably don't have that much space left.

jackdawson
07-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I want him to go to the Magic and pair up with Dwight Howard. It would be awesome to see a Heat-Magic divison rivalry for years to come. I wouldn't mind to see him in New York either.

Wade>You
07-21-2010, 09:01 PM
http://twitter.com/FakePatRiley
W.W.J.D...What Would Jordan Do? WOULD NOT: Have an hr long special about himself. WOULD: Have an hr long Hall of Fame speech about himself.

ManRam
07-21-2010, 09:01 PM
You obviously don't get why people are upset with Lebron. Its not him leaving, its the completely unnecessary 1 hour long special on ESPN, that was the most egotistical thing i have witnessed in sports. No to mention the ESPN cover for the last month and the exclusive all lebron cover all day of the decision. Who wouldn't want out of cleveland that place is a shithole, its just the way he went about it rubbed everyone the wrong way.

Cleveland fans aren't mad because of that. They are made because "he quit on them". Which is utterly hilarious.

Don't act like that was the only reason. Even if it leaked via Marc Stein's twitter, people would hate on him. Jordan's comments weren't directed towards the special. Neither were any of the other guys's. "The Decision" is just 1/10th of the reason people are upset with him. Don't act like that's THE REASON.

The double standard that exists, again, is just ridiculous.

It's okay if Chris Paul wants out. It's a sin for LeBron to "quit" on the city of Cleveland and team up with Wade and Bosh. I'm sure we won't hear Jordan comment on Paul openly admitting essentially that he wants to play with other stars.

Jenceman
07-21-2010, 09:02 PM

Well, for one, Paul is apparently asking for a trade from a lottery team, not a team that had the best record in the NBA 2 years running.

Secondly, Paul doesn't seem to be scheduling a one hour press conference to announce his desire to be traded.

h2r09
give em to the warriors just because i want to see what his numbers would be.

SugeKnight
Lebron James for CP3, that way we dont have to watch mario chalmers on national tv all the time

Jenceman
07-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Cleveland fans aren't mad because of that. They are made because "he quit on them". Which is utterly hilarious.

Don't act like that was the only reason. Even if it leaked via Marc Stein's twitter, people would hate on him. Jordan's comments weren't directed towards the special. Neither were any of the other guys's. "The Decision" is just 1/10th of the reason people are upset with him. Don't act like that's THE REASON.

It's okay if Chris Paul wants out. It's a sin for LeBron to "quit" on the city of Cleveland and team up with Wade and Bosh. I'm sure we won't hear Jordan comment on Paul openly admitting essentially that he wants to play with other stars.

How is it a double standard? No one has ever done what Lebron did....there was no previous standard set for such an ego stroking event. That's the only problem I have with it. The way Lebron did that **** on national TV was sickening.

Wade>You
07-21-2010, 09:05 PM
How is it a double standard? No one has ever done what Lebron did....there was no previous standard set for such an ego stroking event. That's the only problem I have with it. The way Lebron did that **** on national TV was sickening.you sure?

W.W.J.D...What Would Jordan Do? WOULD NOT: Have an hr long special about himself. WOULD: Have an hr long Hall of Fame speech about himself.

Hellcrooner
id want him to go

1 Lakers obviously, sine that alongside okafor woudl be enough to trump heat forever, and we lose of sight bynums dangerous knes

2 IKnicks, seconf fav team so it makes sense.

3 blazers so they have to send Rudy they other way back and he starts.

SugeKnight
Magic should jump all over this. can you imagine how many alleyoops there would be frome paul to howard?

h2r09

exactly exactly exactly exactly exactly exactly. i find it hilarious how people think he quit and the fact that they say they wouldnt hate on him if he didnt do the decision. it really is quite funny.

SouljahPhil...
07-21-2010, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=ManRamForPrez24;14234361]You guys are still under the cap (right?). So you guys could provide them with the most cap relief.

The ability to absorb the most salary (you also have Curry's expiring) might be enough...especially if you include one of your young guns or two. NYK's picks are also more valuable (slightly) than LA's or Orlando's.[/QUOTE
]
I think they already traded their pick to houston plus the rockets could swap picks for nxt years draft..

Jenceman
07-21-2010, 09:07 PM
you sure?

Positive. Jordan was introduced into the hall of fame as the greatest player ever, period.

Lebron was announcing who he was signing with.

A rather large difference, no?

h2r09
How is it a double standard? No one has ever done what Lebron did....there was no previous standard set for such an ego stroking event. That's the only problem I have with it. The way Lebron did that **** on national TV was sickening.

who cares? get over it. it was one hour of your life. dont even act as if you wouldnt be upset if he just signed with the heat without the special. say what you want but you watched, didnt you?

More-Than-Most
Wow I hate the Lakers but that would be insane if he goes there. Lol Paul/Bryant/Gasol... Is that a bigger 3 then James/Wade/Bosh. I personally think it is to be honest.

FNM BOY
07-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Hmm did the hornets have the best record in the league for the past 2 years ? Did the hornets even make the playoffs ? Did the GM try to bring some players to help CP3 like how the Cavs did with you know who ? CP3 told them to try and bring players but yet they trade decent players for Cap space.

This is similar to kobe case in 2007, all they wanted was to be contenders . They will stay if their FO would bring in players to help become contenders .

Not it isnt....Chris Paul did not break up a dynasty out of selfishness....no way similar...Kobe wanted to be the MAN....after Shaq left he realized the struggle and then cried out "Get me help or trade me"!!!

Scalphunter13
07-21-2010, 09:09 PM

well maybe the espn special was my own personal reason. i wanted him to leave cleveland. I hated how cleveland fans talk about "jamario moon", "anthony parker" ...ect as great role players around lebron. Those guys are all scrubs. I found some joy in how they reacted i.e., crying, burning jerseys, dan gilberts statement made me laugh soo hard.

Rivera
07-21-2010, 09:10 PM
come 2 orlando CP3 please come to orlando CP3!

h2r09
Wow I hate the Lakers but that would be insane if he goes there. Lol Paul/Bryant/Gasol... Is that a bigger 3 then James/Wade/Bosh. I personally think it is to be honest.

kobe is getting older and id still take the heats. i really dont think paul is as amazing as everyone says. great player yes but he isnt a championship player as the leader of a team. he needs a sidekick.

jackdawson

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Always liked your posts. One of the best PSD posters.

TehSamurai
Yeah, so a few days after Chris Paul says that he is pleased with the direction the Hornets are taking, he changes his mind and says that he wants to be traded.

You know what this means: more horrible Chris Paul trade scenarios!

Jenceman
07-21-2010, 09:11 PM
who cares? get over it. it was one hour of your life. dont even act as if you wouldnt be upset if he just signed with the heat without the special. say what you want but you watched, didnt you?

Why would I be upset? My favorite team wasn't in the running to sign Lebron, good for him for "sacrificing" (which is BS, because of his large amount of endorsments) and wanting to win. And I really liked that the proceeds wen't to charity, as I've stated a few times before on this site. But it still just bothered me...it was a circus.

And no, I actually didn't watch. I was stuck in traffic taking gas to my stepmother who's car was stopped in Anaheim.

saintdrew
07-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Gah I hate hearing this being a big Hornets fan. All I can tell you is this....It will hurt tremendously without Paul in New Orleans...actually I don't know how long the team will stay in New Orleans after this.

However, I think everyone is forgetting about Darren Collison, he's not Paul but he's pretty good. Also, if teams really want Paul then they have to take Peja and Okafor or maybe Posey away from us.

eibbor
07-21-2010, 09:12 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13659617/new-hornets-brass-already-facing-crisis-with-paul?tag=headlines;nba

He'll be traded before the summer is over.

Of course he wants out...

Enemey
07-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Not it isnt....Chris Paul did not break up a dynasty out of selfishness....no way similar...Kobe wanted to be the MAN....after Shaq left he realized the struggle and then cried out "Get me help or trade me"!!!

:facepalm: Shaq demanded to be traded after phil left.

Bulls_fan90
07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
What is the NBA turning into....

Sandman
07-21-2010, 09:15 PM
exactly exactly exactly exactly exactly exactly. i find it hilarious how people think he quit and the fact that they say they wouldnt hate on him if he didnt do the decision. it really is quite funny.
How is it funny? He obviously quit, and people definitely would have hated on him either way. He was called a quitter in the first loss to the Celtics. The freaking Boston Garden chanted New York Knicks.

He quit.

The fact that he made that ESPN special made himself a very easy target.

If it wasn't the ESPN special it'd be something else. When the media hates it latches on to anything.

The difference is in the reason for the hate. Media hates Terrell Owens for being loud, A-Rod for being a prima donna and a cheater, Kobe for his rape charges, Bonds because of steroid use (x2 for Clemens), Rose for gambling the list goes on, forever.

If the word quit doesn't work

Lebron is being hated right now because he BAILED.

I dont even know if winning would save his image, because even those that disapprove now already accept it.

Kleonidas
07-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Gah I hate hearing this being a big Hornets fan. All I can tell you is this....It will hurt tremendously without Paul in New Orleans...actually I don't know how long the team will stay in New Orleans after this.

However, I think everyone is forgetting about Darren Collison, he's not Paul but he's pretty good. Also, if teams really want Paul then they have to take Peja and Okafor or maybe Posey away from us.

Reality gut check...Just 2 weeks ago you said he wasn't going anywhere, over and over again....Not bashing ,but what's changed your mind? Inside info from Orleans?

Jenceman

If I was the Hornets I would make a team take the two biggest contracts off my hands. Collison and Thornton aren't the worst starting points to build around. Collison did average 19 and 10.

Wade>You
Positive. Jordan was introduced into the hall of fame as the greatest player ever, period.

Lebron was announcing who he was signing with.

A rather large difference, no?I don't see the difference how both were stroking their egos, but hey, that's just me. A 1 hour HoF speech is unprecedented, fwiw.

jeter 2
07-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Does anyone remember AROD announcement that he is opting out of his contract during the World Series? The last game might I add. I don't really think so. People will forget about this.

The best the Knicks could do is Chandler, Gallinari, and Curry for Paul. I don't see any team offering up 2 good young players and an expiring. The Portland offer is not really that good. .

astrosmaniac
07-21-2010, 09:18 PM

clevland at least tried to put together a contender at all cost. NO is more concerned with making money

except the knicks don't have their picks, the rockets do. i would love to see the rockets make a run a CP3. they have enough assets to appease the hornets with somewhat good value, while keeping a contender after the trade. imagine CP3/martin/ariza/scola/yao. the deal would pry be something like either brooks or lowry (depending on which they would like financially), jeffries, hill, 2012 NYK pick, rights to swap with knicks in 2011, one of our picks from 2011/2012, and maybe battier for CP3 and one of their bad contracts (posey?)

Jenceman
07-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't see the difference how both were stroking their egos, but hey, that's just me. A 1 hour HoF speech is unprecedented, fwiw.

Of course you don't, you're all woozy over Lebron now.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
would love to see him in orlando, give miami some competition when kobe, KG, the truth and ray allen retire

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 09:23 PM

Agreed.

JerseysFinest
07-21-2010, 09:24 PM
if he goes to la, i don't think i can watch the nba again lol

iggypop123
07-21-2010, 09:25 PM
those 3 teams are not good matches for trades. maybe the knicks if they are still under the cap meaning they can take his huge contract while dealine small salary players like chandler, galinari. the lakers its probaly vujacic, odom, 1st rounder and caracter.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:27 PM
if he leaves it will be as bad as lebron leaving the cavs

5ass
07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Pat Riley is already working the phone lines ;)

if youre trying to be a smartass atleast think before you do so.. chris paul would be useless in miami, he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, he needs to run the offense and he cant do that when he has 2 other players (wade and lebron) that run the offense.

Jonathan2323
07-21-2010, 09:30 PM
CP3 is a quitter. What he is doing is worse than what LeBron did. LeBron never asked for a trade. CP3 your legacy is ruined. lol

bigdogg214
07-21-2010, 09:31 PM
not rockets fan but
i think rockets could put together a nice package, expirings, young talent like brooks n hill and picks from nyc

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26296z7

this trade probably wont happen
but wit this trade NO put themselves in a postion next offseason to sign 3 max deals like da heat did, maybe melo, parker, duncan or maybe cp3 would comeback melo, cp3, duncan

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
^lol yes

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
CP3 is a quitter. What he is doing is worse than what LeBron did. LeBron never asked for a trade. CP3 your legacy is ruined. lol

Exactly. He is DEMANDING a trade while his contract with the original team still isn't up. LBJ stayed with the team for the entirety of his contract. Somehow, someway, LBJ will get a **** load more flak for leaving the Cavs when CP3 should be getting bombarded but he won't.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM

lol yes

smith&wesson
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
id love to see him go to new york and play with amare.

still1ballin
07-21-2010, 09:36 PM
If he comes to LA, all miami Heat fans will get pissed! There plan will be a failure

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:37 PM
nice now everyone can start hating him and hop off the heat and lebrons ****

still1ballin
Exactly. He is DEMANDING a trade while his contract with the original team still isn't up. LBJ stayed with the team for the entirety of his contract. Somehow, someway, LBJ will get a **** load more flak for leaving the Cavs when CP3 should be getting bombarded but he won't.

There is a difference. Hornets are a lottery team and Lebron had the best record in the league for 2 years. Get it now?

mikealike305
If he comes to LA, all miami Heat fans will get pissed! There plan will be a failure

lol na

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 09:39 PM
There is a difference. Hornets are a lottery team and Lebron had the best record in the league for 2 years. Get it now?

So it's wrong for LBJ to leave the Cavs (after his contract was up, mind you) because they were a contending team? Wow.

And it's not wrong for a player to vehemently DEMAND a trade just because his team is bad?

Oh wow.

Wade>You
07-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Of course you don't, you're all woozy over Lebron now.I don't see you chastising Kobe for ripping his players, GM, and demanding to be traded after they fired Phil Jackson and traded Shaq away to rebuild around him.

Why the double standard?

:rolleyes:

BKNets21
07-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I think we could offer a fairly attractive package...

A package including two of either Devin Harris, Terrence Williams, Courtney Lee or Derrick Favors plus fillers and picks for CP3 and Okafor.

I don't know how it'd work out financially, but we still have $14m in cap room, so we could absorb Okafor's contract quite easily...

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
So it's wrong for LBJ to leave the Cavs (after his contract was up, mind you) because they were a contending team? Wow.

And it's not wrong for a player to vehemently DEMAND a trade just because his team is bad?

Oh wow.

:clap:

B2theRY
personally i trade him anywhere now..he can deman all he wants, he has no control

Jenceman
I don't see you chastising Kobe for ripping his players, GM, and demanding to be traded after they fired Phil Jackson and traded Shaq away to rebuild around him.

Why the double standard?

:rolleyes:

What would be the point. **** happened like 3 years ago. I didn't like what he did, nor the way he did it, but I wasn't on this site then so I have no way of proving it.

Stunner
D-Rose for CP3? JP

BkOriginalOne
07-21-2010, 09:43 PM
The Knicks would take the hugest sigh of relief if they managed snag Paul.

Still, Orlando can begin with Nelson and Carter. Paul would bring out the most in Howard, making him a 24, 14 kind of player.

Stunner
07-21-2010, 09:44 PM
if he comes to la, all miami heat fans will get pissed! There plan will be a failure

x100

Jonathan2323
07-21-2010, 09:44 PM

LeBron was a free agent

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:45 PM
D-Rose for CP3? JP

lmao

eibbor
07-21-2010, 09:45 PM
The Knicks would take the hugest sigh of relief if they managed snag Paul.

Still, Orlando can begin with Nelson and Carter. Paul would bring out the most in Howard, making him a 24, 14 kind of player.

Who in their right mind would take Carter? I would honestly rather have Shaq than Carter. At least you can leave Shaq on the bench til the playoffs and it won't cost you.

Jonathan2323
07-21-2010, 09:46 PM

Not at all.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:46 PM
i hope he goes to L.A

Gators123
07-21-2010, 09:47 PM
D-Rose for CP3? JP

That's kinda funny

b0nk
07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Lebron quit up in boston with that fake elbow injury. i guess the sooner his team lost, the sooner he could meet up with Wade and Bosh to discuss their plans. lol

Jonathan2323
07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
I hope he goes to NYK so more teams are competitive in the EAST.

KG2TB
07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
CP3 on Orlando would be NASTY

shizzle09
07-21-2010, 09:50 PM
this just shows today's players dont want to get left behind and never win a title. Kobe, Lebron, Bosh, now Paul all wanted to leave to play for a team that contends. Kobe got Gasol so he stayed the course with his only team. These players grew up listening to the media hyping up the players that win the rings so they are trying to get those rings. plain and simple. the nba is changing every year. Jordan and Magic need to realize this isnt the 70's and 80's anymore and stop passing judgement on players in todays game. With Twitter, myspace, facebook and texting these players are maintaining friendships during the season. that didnt happen in the old days.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:51 PM
paul to L.A or orlando would be nice

zambo4president
Good thing I already didn't like CP3! Magic would really be not cool, go to the Lakers or the Knicks.

GodsSon
Why are people comparing Paul to LeBron?...LeBron put the bullet in his own head by broadcasting a 1 hour special on TV, thus placing even more spotlight on himself, just to ultimately crush Cavs fans.

That's a dick move.

gbrl
out of the bunch i hope orlando gets him

shizzle09
07-21-2010, 09:52 PM

lmfao, we will be sooooooo upset we have Lebron, Wade and Bosh on our team. Good call :rolleyes:

lakerssssssss

Read this all you lebron lovers.

HouRealCoach
Now this has turned from Lebron.com to ChrisPaul.com

Jonathan2323
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Why are people comparing Paul to LeBron?...LeBron put the bullet in his own head by broadcasting a 1 hour special on TV, thus placing even more spotlight on himself, just to ultimately crush Cavs fans.

That's a dick move.

Asking for a trade when you are currently under contract is not a dick move?

MagicBucsSox
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM
If im Otis Smith i tell Paul this, you can make millions in New York but theyll TAX YOU OUT THE AZZ or come to Florida and keep your money :)

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
He needs to go to the Knicks.

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Read this all you lebron lovers.

Already responded to that.

Oh wow.

dsport_fan
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
if he goes to the lakers then i commit suicide.

lakerssssssss
LeBron was a free agent

So, that does not take away from the fact that he left the team that had the best regular season record 2 years in a row.

Public Enemy #1
Better not go to the Lakers. wont happen because the lakers don't have any trade pieces....

arkanian215
07-21-2010, 09:56 PM

I liken this to the Jason Kidd situation a few years back with the Nets. Some Nets fans were bitter because of the way Kidd handled it but in the end, their circumstances were similar (although Paul shouldn't have any trouble with Monty since he hasn't coached him yet). Let's just hope it doesn't turn into a mess.

mikealike305
^what does the best record do with no rings?

Jonathan2323
So, that does not take away from the fact that he left the team that had the best regular season record 2 years in a row.

Lets see what that team does without him next year. He was the team.

GspLAL

Cleveland fans might be mad cuz he quit on them but you think a casual fan or even a fan of another team cares about that? No, all they see is that he was stroking his ego like no one else has done before, plus he didn't even tell ownership what he was gonna do, he waited until The Decision then told them. To outsiders looking in (aka non Cleveland fans), it's about how he handled the situation.

Difference with CP3 and Lebrons situation is Hornets are not trying to bring in players to make themselves contenders. Didn't LBJ WANT and VOUCH for Jamison to be brought into Cleveland? And they did. They filled Cleveland with players that complimented him, but what has Hornets done to help CP3?

Heater4life
CP3 in Orlando would be awesome! if goes to L.A just as good, Epic battles with the Heat :jumpy:

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM

What does that have to do with anything? His contract was FINISHED. He could go to ANY TEAM HE WANTED TO and that was willing/could pay for him.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 09:58 PM

That's a dick move.

so demanding a trade and crushing N.O fans isnt a dick move?

goose15
07-21-2010, 09:58 PM
man I could see Paul in a Knicks uni

Bubba313
07-21-2010, 09:59 PM
What does that have to do with anything? His contract was FINISHED. He could go to ANY TEAM HE WANTED TO and that was willing/could pay for him.

You say this, but if Dwayne Wade had left Miami for Cleveland you wouldn't exactly be singing the same tune. You'd be stuck with Chalmers and Beasley and the biggest joke of a franchise. Good thing your organization is good at colluding and you knew way beforehand.

HoopsDrive

It is without a doubt. But people are going to just skip over that like it was nothing. Oh, the hypocrisy.

knicks=love
is there anyway this could go down to the knicks without gallo being involved to the knicks?

SouljahPhil...
Better not go to the Lakers. wont happen because the lakers don't have any trade pieces....

hahaha...we don't have? we have bynum and some picks to offer..

But Orlando has the better pieces to get him...

As for new york? tony douglas and gallinari? ughhh..

KJ21.the.truth
07-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Come on GOATIS. Make this happen.

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 10:00 PM
You say this, but if Dwayne Wade had left Miami for Cleveland you wouldn't exactly be singing the same tune. You'd be stuck with Chalmers and Beasley and the biggest joke of a franchise. Good thing your organization is good at colluding and you knew way beforehand.

Biggest fault in all your argument is this:

I'm NOT a Heat fan.

MrfadeawayJB
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Come to Memphis!

Z-Bo, Demarre Carroll, Mike Conley, and a future 1st

for

Cp3 and Okafor

Heater4life
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Cleveland fans might be mad cuz he quit on them but you think a casual fan or even a fan of another team cares about that? No, all they see is that he was stroking his ego like no one else has done before, plus he didn't even tell ownership what he was gonna do, he waited until The Decision then told them. To outsiders looking in (aka non Cleveland fans), it's about how he handled the situation.

Difference with CP3 and Lebrons situation is Hornets are not trying to bring in players to make themselves contenders. Didn't LBJ WANT and VOUCH for Jamison to be brought into Cleveland? And they did. They filled Cleveland with players that complimented him, but what has Hornets done to help CP3?

WHAT!!!!!???????

CP3 had, David West, Peja, Tyson Chandler, James Posey, Mo Pete, Rasual Butler. Thats was a balanced squad, if Bron had that in in Cleveland he would have won a ring. no doubt.

The problem with N.O now is they invested on all that to win and now are paying luxury tax for a team that cant make the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
07-21-2010, 10:06 PM

I'm not a big fan of players demanding trades, but this is a good point.
CP3 has not been given the tools to win. He didnt say: trade me. He said if the team wasnt committed to building a championship team, then he be ok with a trade. Kobe challenged his team to trade him or build a contender, and they built a contender. Barkley did the same to the 76ers back in the day and the 76ers just gave up and traded him. The Hornets have been strapped for cash, have made bad moves, traded players (like Chandler) that CP3 had great chemistry with and have been losing money which means they wont be spending for talents. And they've even let affordable talent like Chris Andersen leave for nothing in return. CP3 has a good reason to be upset and want out, but he has given his team an option: trade me or build a title contender.

And comparing this to LBJ is not fair, and the above Laker fan mentions, LBJ was on a title cntending team the last four years, CP3 wasnt. CP3 has a reason to want out. LBJ's leaving is his call and his choice, but he wasnt in a losing situation like CP3 is in.

That said, I'm not sure he'd blend with the Lakers, he and Kobe both like the handle the ball. He'd be a great fit in New York (Amare likes to have teh PG handling the ball) or in Orlando, where Nelson (who would obviously be a back-up or obsolete with CP3 there) handles the ball, while Carter, Lewis and Howard all move with out the ball or have the ball distributed to them from the point.

But talent wise, on the lakers.... that is a dream fantasy team.

lakerssssssss
07-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Already responded to that.

Your logic is so flawed. Chris paul like is a winner. All he cares about is winning. I am sure if the hornets put the right supporting cast around him, he won't leave
The hornets are about saving money now, so chris paul is demanding a trade because he does not want to be on a team that does not care about winning.

Lebron is a completely different story. His supporting cast was good enough to have the best regular season record 2 years in a row. Yet,Lebron left because he failed once again to win a championship ring. Lebron obviously realized he is not good enough to carry his team to a title. Lebron chose miami, where he does not need to do it all in order to win a championship.

I do not fault lebron for leaving Cleveland. He was a free agent and he had every right to do so. However,with him joining with wade and bosh,he showed that he is not a true competitor.

The bulls have a very good team, and Lebron would be the unquestioned leader on that team., and still could contend for a title.

Lebron chose the easy way out. This is why all the old time greats are coming out against him. A true competitor loves challenges. Lebron is not a true competitor.

GodsSon
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM

I don't see Paul building up hype with a TV broadcast to announce which teams he wants to be traded to...The NO owner is cheap and Paul must be sick of losing, the Cavs went to the finals just 3 seasons ago and finished with the best record in the L the last 2 seasons; very different circumstances.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
It is without a doubt. But people are going to just skip over that like it was nothing. Oh, the hypocrisy.

exactly, its sad

JDMVP
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
In reality the KNICKS do have the pieces and in my opinion has the best deal that NOH could get. Put CP3 to the knicks,
Us Lakers want him but we really cant get him

Method28
07-21-2010, 10:10 PM
We need to trade CP3 NOW!!!! Before this gets too far and we start seeing some of the ridiculous trade offers that pop up on PSD. This is horrible :(

mser58
Paul on LA pretty much guarantees our finals.
Paul on New York will make an East Cost Suns
Paul on Orlando doesn't make much sense with Nelson there, but if he does, then that team is nasty.

Jameer can come home to Philly

valade16

Yet you forget to mention that the ONLY reason the team had the best record 2 years in a row was LEBRON! :mad:

Face it, that team is a lottery team without LeBron, so what supporting cast was he really sticking around in? As a matter of fact, New Orleans without Paul is a better team than the Cavs without LeBron, so what are you talking about?

Bricklayer
07-21-2010, 10:11 PM
If these rumours are true, I've lost a ton of respect for the player. Demanding a trade is pretty cowardly in my books.

still1ballin

Oh wow.

Didn't Lebron tell the media that he will not stop until he gets a championship in Cleveland? Didn't Lebron say he dislikes ring chasers? I don't recall Paul saying those things.

If you are an elite superstar and you see that the organization is not striving to put a championship caliber team around you then you have no other choice to bolt. There is nothing wrong with that.

Method28
Heat fans are gonna try to put this on the same level as "The Decision." No way is it anything like that. Cleveland tried to help LeBron but the players they got just didnt work out. Who has N.O. tried to help Paul with? Okafor? For whom they got for Paul's good friend Chandler (which they had great chemistry.) Posey? Hahahahaah

SupeUnagi
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
heat fans vs laker fans again

id love to see cp3 in orlando

mikealike305
all thr lebron haters need to stop, CP3 leaving would be just as bad, if not worse

REALLYYYYY?

i'm not so sure about that. when it comes to being a quitter, i'd say chris paul is now much worse than lebron. i don't blame lebron for leaving clevland as a free agent. in fact, i thought he should probably leave. part of the problem with lebron was the way he went about leaving and how he ended up joining wade and bosh in miami.

REALLYYYYY?
07-21-2010, 10:14 PM
all thr lebron haters need to stop, CP3 leaving would be just as bad, if not worse

that doesn't mean the lebron haters need to stop :)

McPeak92
07-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Sixers could offer a great package...

Jrue
Iguodala
6 mil exp Kapono
Speights/Hawes

for

Paul
Okafor

still1ballin
lmfao, we will be sooooooo upset we have Lebron, Wade and Bosh on our team. Good call :rolleyes:

As of right now, mostly all ESPN analysts say that the Heat could not beat the Lakers in the finals. Imagine adding Cp3 to the mix.

SouljahPhil...
In reality the KNICKS do have the pieces and in my opinion has the best deal that NOH could get. Put CP3 to the knicks,
Us Lakers want him but we really cant get him

What pieces do they have?

orlando has the best to offer..

still1ballin
07-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Paul on LA pretty much guarantees our finals.
Paul on New York will make an East Cost Suns
Paul on Orlando doesn't make much sense with Nelson there, but if he does, then that team is nasty.

Jameer can come home to Philly

Lakers are pretty much a guarantee for the finals this year bearing injury:confused:

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-21-2010, 10:16 PM
paul, bryant, artest, gasol, bynum?

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
As of right now, mostly all ESPN analysts say that the Heat could not beat the Lakers in the finals. Imagine adding Cp3 to the mix.

ohhh the ESPN analyst said that? oh sorry for saying the heat can beat the lakers.... i thought they could but if the ESPN analyst said they cant then that must be true :facepalm:

still1ballin
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Not at all.

tu callate!

shep33
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
As a Laker fan, we'd have to give up a big... don't know if thats a great idea since its what helped us win a title.

To me I like the Lakers as is... they'd likely have to give up Bynum, and although people correctly say he's often injured, he also is a huge difference maker. Played on one leg in the playoffs, same type of injury Roy had I believe, except he didn't get surgery.

If Andrew Bynum is 100% in the finals, the Lakers are hard to beat with 3 skilled bigs, and Drew being the anchor of the defense.

Jonathan2323
07-21-2010, 10:19 PM
who could the Lakers offer? Bynum and a 1st?

HoopsDrive
Your logic is so flawed. Chris paul like is a winner. All he cares about is winning. I am sure if the hornets put the right supporting cast around him, he won't leave
The hornets are about saving money now, so chris paul is demanding a trade because he does not want to be on a team that does not care about winning.

How does that excuse CP3 from vehemently demanding a trade and putting his team in a bad situation? It doesn't.

Lebron is a completely different story. His supporting cast was good enough to have the best regular season record 2 years in a row. Yet,Lebron left because he failed once again to win a championship ring. Lebron obviously realized he is not good enough to carry his team to a title. Lebron chose miami, where he does not need to do it all in order to win a championship.

Whatever the reason for him leaving Cleveland, it doesn't change the fact that he did it AFTER his contract was finished. He didn't demand a trade like CP3 is doing now.

I do not fault lebron for leaving Cleveland. He was a free agent and he had every right to do so. However,with him joining with wade and bosh,he showed that he is not a true competitor.

The bulls have a very good team, and Lebron would be the unquestioned leader on that team., and still could contend for a title.

Lebron chose the easy way out. This is why all the old time greats are coming out against him. A true competitor loves challenges. Lebron is not a true competitor.

That still doesn't change the fact that he didn't demand a trade like CP3 did. You're missing the point, CP3's contract is not up and he's putting his team in a bad situation by requesting a trade like that. LBJ left after his contract was up, he stuck around with the team until that piece of paper told him to and than he left.

What CP3 is doing is much worse than what LBJ did but almost no one will see it for what it is.

mikealike305
that doesn't mean the lebron haters need to stop :)

so u admit it would be worse?

Wade>You
07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
I wonder if Kobe would accept him. Kobe only accepts players that get out of his way as much as possible.

Maybe Magic Johnson vetos any trade, since he wouldn't want Kobe playing with anyone who could cast doubts about Kobe's legacy.

Tmath
id like to see him go to orlando

lakerssssssss

Lebron had no right to diss the cavaliers organization like that, because the cavs organization did everything in their power to surround him with people to help him win a title. They obviously did a good job of that because they had the best regular season record 2 years in a row.Lebron could have left cleveland without making such a big spectacle out of it.

Chris paul, on the other hand,is on a bad team, so I understand why he is demanding a trade. His trade demands is basically a plea to management that if the management is not going to surround him with quality players, he wants out.

Lebron could have told the cavs owner thank you for trying to put a good team around him, but he did not do so. He made a whole scene of leaving cleveland without one word thanking the cavs organization.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
NO is obviously rebuilding and is getting left behind in the Western Conference. CP3 doesnt deserve to be apart of that so he should want out. Thats is way different than what Lebron did because his team wasnt rebuilding and was actually trying to make it better every year.

I just hope he doesnt go to the Lakers. That would be insane lol. The Magics would also be a ridiculously good team, but they will give up some important pieces like Nelson and VC in the process making them a little vulnerable. I think if he goes to the Knicks (depending on who they trade) they will be a top 3 team in the east.

I doubt he gets traded before the season starts to be honest.

still1ballin
07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
ohhh the ESPN analyst said that? oh sorry for saying the heat can beat the lakers.... i thought they could but if the ESPN analyst said they cant then that must be true :facepalm:

I rather take their words who has more experience then from a dude that has 417 posts that just joined PSD right when the Heat got Lebron :rolleyes:

BoomDizzle33
07-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I just twerked this out on the ESPN's Trade Machine...
Do you think it would work out for every team?

Magic:
C.Paul(GOD)
E.Okafor(D.Howard AND E.Okafor?!?)
T.Ford(Expiring)

Hornets:
D.Granger(From NO)
R.Anderson(Potential)
M.Dunleavy(Expiring)

Pacers:
J.Nelson(Starting PG)
V.Carter(Last two years of Vince-Sanity)
B.Bass(Millsap V.2 w/starter mins)

Starting 5's
Magic:
Paul
Pietrus
Lewis
Okafor
Howard

Hornets:
Collinson
Thornton
Granger
West
Anderson/Armstrong/FA

Pacers:
Nelson
Carter
George
Bass
Murphy/Hibbert

How do the Pacers/Hornets/Magic fans feel about this?

P.S.
Orlando would crush Miami to a bloody pulp

commonsense12
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Cant believe we cant have a thread without heat fans still talking about Lebron.

knicks09
07-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New Orleans and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Read more: http://www.******.com/src_tradechecker/3/#ixzz0uN0QAlYn

Chris Paul
Darius Songalia

for

Wilson Chandler
Toney Douglas
Eddy Curry
Kelenna Azubuike
Future 1st rounders.

Hornets
Collison/Douglas
Azubiuke/Thornton
Chandler/Posey/Stojakovic
West/Wright/Pondexter
Okafor/Brackins/Gray

Most likely Chris Paul won't resign with the Hornets. They might as well get value for him. They get two young defensive capable starters in Azuibuke/Chandler and get a true back up PG in Douglas...and get an expiring Eddy Curry contract to shred cap space.

Knicks
Paul/Felton
Walker/Rautins
Gallinari/Fields
Stoudimire/Turiaf/Songalia
Randolph/Mozgov/Jordan

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:26 PM
I rather take their words who has more experience then from a dude that has 417 posts that just joined PSD right when the Heat got Lebron :rolleyes:

lol hey i joined in june....he joined july 8th.... they dont know anything, how many of them said the heat have NO CHANCE of getting lebron?

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
But if he doesn go to the Lakers they will have to give up Bynum for sure. The fact that the Lakers have two 7 footers in their lineup is the reason why theyre so hard to beat, combined with Bryant and Artest's great defense. The Lakers are an extremely long team so if they get rid of Bynum they wont be as long and a lot more vulnerable down low (depending on who they get. I doubt they get Okafor and CP3 though). And Gasol isnt very intimidating down their defensively.

Paul
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
???

Still a sick team though.

still1ballin
lol hey i joined in june....he joined july 8th.... they dont know anything, how many of them said the heat have NO CHANCE of getting lebron?

NO chance? They said that? Please show me where they said that. I'd like to see evidence.

NBA-GMaster
Knicks or Magic would be great.

Lakers and I puke.

same with me.. :puke:

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:28 PM
NO chance? They said that? Please show me where they said that. I'd like to see evidence.

did u not watch espn from june to july 6th?

DCB/LAL
07-21-2010, 10:29 PM
If CP3 joined it wouldn't even be fair....LA already being the best team and getting CP3? Not even fair for every other team.

SouljahPhil...
07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
But if he doesn go to the Lakers they will have to give up Bynum for sure. The fact that the Lakers have two 7 footers in their lineup is the reason why theyre so hard to beat, combined with Bryant and Artest's great defense. The Lakers are an extremely long team so if they get rid of Bynum they wont be as long and a lot more vulnerable down low (depending on who they get. I doubt they get Okafor and CP3 though). And Gasol isnt very intimidating down their defensively.

Paul
Kobe
Artest
Gasol
???

Still a sick team though.

don't think LA would do it without okafor...Gasol playing C for us is scary..

td0tsfinest
07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
He wants to win and it makes sense. Lebron has joined forces with 2 other stars, while Paul is fighting for a playoff spot in the west. He wants to win and his best opportunity is to join another perennial star like Dwight Howard or the Lakers.

SouljahPhil...
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New Orleans and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Read more: http://www.******.com/src_tradechecker/3/#ixzz0uN0QAlYn

Chris Paul
Darius Songalia

for

Wilson Chandler
Toney Douglas
Eddy Curry
Kelenna Azubuike
Future 1st rounders.

Hornets
Collison/Douglas
Azubiuke/Thornton
Chandler/Posey/Stojakovic
West/Wright/Pondexter
Okafor/Brackins/Gray

Most likely Chris Paul won't resign with the Hornets. They might as well get value for him. They get two young defensive capable starters in Azuibuke/Chandler and get a true back up PG in Douglas...and get an expiring Eddy Curry contract to shred cap space.

Knicks
Paul/Felton
Walker/Rautins
Gallinari/Fields
Stoudimire/Turiaf/Songalia
Randolph/Mozgov/Jordan

do you have a 1st rounder to offer? i think you traded it to the rockets..

GMENMVP
07-21-2010, 10:32 PM
On July First, Chad Ford on ESPN was suggesting a Gallinari for Paul and Oka deal.

I don't think it would happen.

However, I think NYK's biggest trade chip is Anthony Randolph.

They cannot trade him untill September or December I believe, but a package of Gallo, Randolph, and Cury might work.

Just my two cents.

Don't bring out the bulldogs, please.

tland22
07-21-2010, 10:33 PM
WOW, the game just isnt what it use to be....these players. The mentality is just a bit twisted. All because soooooooooooo much emphasis is put on
"winning rings" by the media and such....what a shame. And they all claim they just want to win? BOGUS! they want their own legacies to be looked at as golden, and the rings are their ticket as doing

lakerssssssss
07-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Yet you forget to mention that the ONLY reason the team had the best record 2 years in a row was LEBRON! :mad:

Face it, that team is a lottery team without LeBron, so what supporting cast was he really sticking around in? As a matter of fact, New Orleans without Paul is a better team than the Cavs without LeBron, so what are you talking about?
You forgot to mention the fact that Lebron was not good enough to lead this team to the finals.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2010, 10:34 PM
"Lebron, Wade and Bosh aren't allowed but if Kobe, Pau and Paul team up, it's going to be all good."

"Lebron and Bosh are quitters because they left via FA but Paul demands a trade but it would be fair because it's not Lebron related."

I've been reading the thread and this sums up what I've seen from some of the post. Are you people really kidding me? You people are all *****ing that 3 legit stars are on 1 team but if Paul goes to Lakers, it's fair because Miami did it? I've also seen some people who used the argument "play against a star instead of beside" completely go against that. Some of you people are a joke.

Bucsfan
07-21-2010, 10:34 PM
if he leaves i hope its knicks...the lakers? does anybody want a franchise of their own? why jump on kobes team?

go to somebody that needs him...like the knicks...or even the magic...or the pistons...or any team not named lakers or heat

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Rockets should get in on this. Brooks and Ariza for CP3.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
don't think LA would do it without okafor...Gasol playing C for us is scary..

Yea if Gasol plays C and Odom pays PF then i dont think that good. Because one, down low the Lakers will get shitted on defensively and two the bench will be atrocious. They will need to get a Center along woth Paul, but i just dont think that center will be okafor.

But again, Paul + Bryant + Gasol + Artest is nasty.

KJ21.the.truth
07-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Yea if Gasol plays C and Odom pays PF then i dont think that good. Because one, down low the Lakers will get shitted on defensively and two the bench will be atrocious. They will need to get a Center along woth Paul, but i just dont think that center will be okafor.

But again, Paul + Bryant + Gasol + Artest is nasty.

DJ Mbenga!!!

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
"Lebron, Wade and Bosh aren't allowed but if Kobe, Pau and Paul team up, it's going to be all good."

"Lebron and Bosh are quitters because they left via FA but Paul demands a trade but it would be fair because it's not Lebron related."

I've been reading the thread and this sums up what I've seen from some of the post. Are you people really kidding me? You people are all *****ing that 3 legit stars are on 1 team but if Paul goes to Lakers, it's fair because Miami did it? I've also seen some people who used the argument "play against a star instead of beside" completely go against that. Some of you people are a joke.

Exactly.

And people are still overlooking the fact that what CP3 is doing is much worse than what LBJ or Bosh did. Basically, for CP3 to demand a trade is allowed but for LBJ and Bosh to leave their respective teams after their contract is up is a sin.

Just gotta love the hypocrisy.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
WOW, the game just isnt what it use to be....these players. The mentality is just a bit twisted. All because soooooooooooo much emphasis is put on
"winning rings" by the media and such....what a shame. And they all claim they just want to win? BOGUS! they want their own legacies to be looked at as golden, and the rings are their ticket as doing

Do you know what youre complaining about? Like seriously that sounds pretty stupid... You are getting mad because players want to win lol. Thats essentially what you're saying.

Its easy for me to say that when im a Miami fan, but i wouldnt be complaining if i wasnt. I actually like how the superstars are all trying to be on good teams. It isnt fun when they are on terrible teams and barely make the playoffs and when they do they dont advance past the first rounds.

If this continues its possible the East and the West both have 5 or 6 legit teams that are poised to win the championship. That is awesome for the fans and the NBA.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Do you know what youre complaining about? Like seriously that sounds pretty stupid... You are getting mad because players want to win lol. Thats essentially what you're saying.

Its easy for me to say that when im a Miami fan, but i wouldnt be complaining if i wasnt. I actually like how the superstars are all trying to be on good teams. It isnt fun when they are on terrible teams and barely make the playoffs and when they do they dont advance past the first rounds.

If this continues its possible the East and the West both have 5 or 6 legit teams that are poised to win the championship. That is awesome for the fans and the NBA.

:clap:

Sandman
07-21-2010, 10:41 PM
And people are still overlooking the fact that what CP3 is doing is much worse than what LBJ or Bosh did.
How? I haven't seen anybody raise a real counterpoint other than "its the same as LeBron".

fins08
07-21-2010, 10:42 PM
I hope he goes to NY, less scary for us

lakerssssssss
NO is obviously rebuilding and is getting left behind in the Western Conference. CP3 doesnt deserve to be apart of that so he should want out. Thats is way different than what Lebron did because his team wasnt rebuilding and was actually trying to make it better every year.

Exactly. Why is this so hard for Lebron lovers to understand?

P-O-Z
BTW you guys have a serious case of homerism .

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:45 PM
How? I haven't seen anybody raise a real counterpoint other than "its the same as LeBron".

he demanding a trade... what dont u get about that?

eibbor
You forgot to mention the fact that Lebron was not good enough to lead this team to the finals.

he DID lead his team to the finals...

Sandman

The problem is when you have 5 or 6 teams with a legit chance. The league benefits when everybody has a legit chance (granted that's impossible, but the gap is getting wider). Those 5 or 6 teams might benefit a lot, the NBA might even get better ratings and more attention to those games, but other teams could be screwed and have to fold.

Sandman
07-21-2010, 10:46 PM
c

mwoodri
**** Chris Paul. He signed his extension instead of hitting FA in the first place. He should be looking to trade agents if he is unhappy with his situation, not trade teams. I really hate when players sign extensions and then request a trade. **** 'em.

JordansBulls
I think the Hornets can get something good in return with Orlando though. They can get Jameer and Pietrus for CP3.

jiggin
Portland will be working the phones in mass quanities to try and trade for him. Since they have several players that come off the books after this year, it might be very appealing for the hornets.

We will see, but the blazers have almost crossed the line the last couple years trying to lure him here...he has said in the past he would be good playing in portland as long as Roy and Aldridge aren't traded....so you never know.

DCB/LAL
07-21-2010, 10:47 PM
The difference between CP3 and Lebron is Cleveland want and did EVERYTHING to keep him and gave him a winning team......if CP3 leaves its because the Hornets AGREES to TRADE HIM and they did not put the pieces around him to win unlike the Lebron situation.

And the just the way Lebron embarrassed the Cavs on Tv with that 1 hour special was :pity:

Sandman
07-21-2010, 10:47 PM
**** Chris Paul. He signed his extension instead of hitting FA in the first place. He should be looking to trade agents if he is unhappy with his situation, not trade teams. I really hate when players sign extensions and then request a trade. **** 'em.

he did change agents.

jiggin
07-21-2010, 10:48 PM

he was told they would be building around him...it obviously isn't happening.

I hate it when things change after a decision has been made, but that is the way life comes at you sometimes.

mwoodri
I think the Hornets can get something good in return with Orlando though. They can get Jameer and Pietrus for CP3.

C'mon JB. Jameer and Pietrus for CP3....really?

HoopsDrive

After the week is over how many threads regarding CP3's "request" will there be other than this?

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:49 PM
omg stop, what CP3 is doing is worse than what lebron did

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Exactly. Why is this so hard for Lebron lovers to understand?

That doesn't excuse CP3 from demanding a trade like that. Heck, it doesn't excuse anybody.

What you people are telling me is that it's right for CP3 to publicly demand a trade so he can join stars to compete for a ring but for LBJ and Bosh to leave (AFTER their contract is up) and join stars it's a sin.

CP3 will be viewed as a competitor while LBJ and Bosh will be viewed as cowards.

That's hypocrisy at its finest.

Raps18-19 Champ

Everyone was crucifying Lebron for leaving his team after he filled his obligations after his contract ran out.

Chris Paul demanded a trade and stated he wanted out WHILE he was on the team. That's much worse than what Lebron did.

But yet you see all these Laker fans getting excited and as soon as I person say it's worse than Lebron's situation, all of them will jump the guy because it goes against the Lakers nation.

mwoodri
he was told they would be building around him...it obviously isn't happening.

I hate it when things change after a decision has been made, but that is the way life comes at you sometimes.

Eh, if his goal was to win a ring when he signed his extension, I think it was fairly obvious that it wasn't going to happen in NO. I realize hindsight is 20/20, but were they ever even close to being a championship caliber team?

BKNets21
07-21-2010, 10:52 PM

If they're resigned to losing CP3, they're PG of the future is Collison. They have no interest/use in another PG.

Pietrus is just a Posey clone, just a slightly bit better at this point in his career.

lakerssssssss
07-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Exactly.

And people are still overlooking the fact that what CP3 is doing is much worse than what LBJ or Bosh did. Basically, for CP3 to demand a trade is allowed but for LBJ and Bosh to leave their respective teams after their contract is up is a sin.

Just gotta love the hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by HuRRiCaNeS324

ANd what i said

Lebron had no right to diss the cavaliers organization like that, because the cavs organization did everything in their power to surround him with people to help him win a title. They obviously did a good job of that because they had the best regular season record 2 years in a row.Lebron could have left cleveland without making such a big spectacle out of it.

Chris paul, on the other hand,is on a bad team, so I understand why he is demanding a trade. His trade demands is basically a plea to management that if the management is not going to surround him with quality players, he wants out.

YOU have yet to provide a response to that. Chris paul is on a bad team, so it is understandable that he wants out. Lebron was on a team that tried its best to win. While lebron had no obligation to return to the cavs, the way he did so showed no class.

It is FAR worse to denigrate the city that did EVERYTHING IN ITS POWER to make you win, than to demand a trade because your team DOES NOT CARE ABOUT WINNING.

jiggin
07-21-2010, 10:53 PM
I don't think he should be demanding one of those teams. beggars can't be choosers.

If I were the Hornets, I wouldn't trade him to any team in the same conference. I also wouldn't trade him unless I got top value in return for him with expiring contracts for the future or prospects that have super high ceilings.

If he can't bring back super value...let him rot in NO. He is only going to hurt his marketability for FA if he starts with the attitude and it effecting his play on the court. He has 2 years left...one way or another. NO is in control, no matter what Chris Paul threatens.

koreancabbage
i hate players that want to get out of their old team when they are still under contract.

there should be a new rule in the new CBA, players can not go public with trade demands while under contract.

At least Lebron waited till free agency and the end of his contract before wanting to leave.

this is a job and you signed a contract to play with your respectable team. you go through the thick and thin regardless of outcome till the end of your contract. you're not going to win a championship over night when you sign that contract. 3/5 of the contract- give management some time to get the right pieces.

still1ballin
did u not watch espn from june to july 6th?

No I did not, I was on vacation, once again show me where they said that

mwoodri
What about OKC and a package built around Westbrook?

_KB24_
07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
I'd trade Gasol for him straight up. Bynum still hasn't reached his peak yet and I would love to see what a Paul/Bynum pick and roll would look like. To get the best, sometimes you have to give the best. The best PG for a Top 3 PF, I'd think the Hornets would do it. I would love it if it happened.

lakerssssssss
07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
he DID lead his team to the finals...

I was talking about the last couple of years.

Let's recap.

I said Lebron left a team that had the best regular season record 2 years in a row.

Someone responded you forgot to mention the fact that he was the sole reason that his team was able to have the best regular season record those 2 years.

I said you forgot to mention the fact that Lebron was not good enough to lead his team(the team that had the best regular season record those two years) to the finals.

YOU bring about something that happened before that.

SupeUnagi
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
lebron went to go have fun and win with some friends. who gives a ****
cp3 wants to go have fun and win. simple as that

apparently you guys are the only ones that want these guys to become mini jordans

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by HuRRiCaNeS324

ANd what i said

YOU have yet to provide a response to that. Chris paul is on a bad team, so it is understandable that he wants out. Lebron was on a team that tried its best to win. While lebron had no obligation to return to the cavs, the way he did so showed no class.

It is FAR worse to denigrate the city that did EVERYTHING IN ITS POWER to make you win, than to demand a trade because your team DOES NOT CARE ABOUT WINNING.

LBJ isn't bound to the Cavs just because they did what they could to build a team around him. His contract was up and there was every chance that he could leave the Cavs and they knew it.

And I will say this: just because CP3 was on a bad team DOESN'T excuse the fact that he demanded a trade. He signed a contract with the team and now he wants out? That's way worse than leaving AFTER the contract was up like LBJ or Bosh.

SouljahPhil...
07-21-2010, 10:56 PM
I'd trade Gasol for him straight up. Bynum still hasn't reached his peak yet and I would love to see what a Paul/Bynum pick and roll would look like. To get the best, sometimes you have to give the best. The best PG for a Top 3 PF, I'd think the Hornets would do it. I would love it if it happened.

you crazy? I would not trade pau for him..

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
yes cavs put him in a position to win.... but they didnt, so he was going to stay for another 7 years and hope it happens?

Sandman
07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
he demanding a trade... what dont u get about that?
Dozens upon dozens of players have demanded a trade or signed a contract with a new team.

LeBron left his hometown team that had the most wins in the NBA during his 2 past MVP seasons. Anything after that (the decision special on ESPN, going to the heat, joining up with the big 3, collusion) is only punctuation and media fodder.

The Hornets are in no-mans land. Even if you call Chris Paul a bailer for wanting to leave the Hos, you still have to consider that a lot of the hate for LeBron comes from what he bailed on.

CP3 basically gave the Hos an option: trade for somebody or trade me. Build a winner or let me be a winner. LeBron lead the Cavs on.

LeBron told ownership he had options and a decision to make. Blah blah BS. If he wanted to stay in Cleveland he would have accepted his option or signed an extension. He bailed.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2010, 10:58 PM
The difference between CP3 and Lebron is Cleveland want and did EVERYTHING to keep him and gave him a winning team......if CP3 leaves its because the Hornets AGREES to TRADE HIM and they did not put the pieces around him to win unlike the Lebron situation.

And the just the way Lebron embarrassed the Cavs on Tv with that 1 hour special was :pity:

So because they made an effort but they didn't deliver, Lebron have to make a sacrifice and stay even though he knows he won't have a chance at winning?

If you were with a girl and you begged her to stay and you did whatever you want, should you stay because she made an effort even though you know that the relationship won't go anywhere?

Lebron and the Cavs signed a contract. The contract states he can go where ever he wants after the 2010 season. His contract ran out. He had no more obligations for them. Why should he stay just to please you people? Hell if he stayed, he wouldn't have won and he'll here it from guys like you saying things like "Lebron=0 rings" and other **** like that.

The only thing you can say about Lebron is that he shouldn't have had a show but what does that have to do with anything. Why do you care about Cleveland? You only care because it's Lebron related and you are doing whatever it takes to make Lebron look bad.

Dude you're a joke.

still1ballin
07-21-2010, 10:59 PM

wtf?

_KB24_
07-21-2010, 11:01 PM
you crazy? I would not trade pau for him..

Why? Your telling me if they would accept the deal, you wouldn't go through with it? :eyebrow:

Chronz

LOL the Hornets didnt have Bron.

GM did but incompetently. Did you forget the run they had?

Raps18-19 Champ
Dozens upon dozens of players have demanded a trade or signed a contract with a new team.

LeBron left his hometown team that had the most wins in the NBA during his 2 past MVP seasons. Anything after that (the decision special on ESPN, going to the heat, joining up with the big 3, collusion) is only punctuation and media fodder.

The Hornets are in no-mans land. Even if you call Chris Paul a bailer for wanting to leave the Hos, you still have to consider that a lot of the hate for LeBron comes from what he bailed on.

CP3 basically gave the Hos an option: trade for somebody or trade me. Build a winner or let me be a winner. LeBron lead the Cavs on.

LeBron told ownership he had options and a decision to make. Blah blah BS. If he wanted to stay in Cleveland he would have accepted his option or signed an extension. He bailed.

You make it sound like he didn't consider staying.

His contract RAN OUT. He gave Cleveland more in that 7 years than all those years before Lebron came.

If he stayed, he would have had no chance of winning then he'll hear it from you guys that he can't win for ****. But yet if he wins in Miami, you'll make an excuse to lessen his accomplishment.

dodie53
can the lakers possible trade for Paul?

SupeUnagi
07-21-2010, 11:02 PM
kevin garnett stayed in minnesota to be "loyal"
we all saw how that turned out

SouljahPhil...
07-21-2010, 11:03 PM
wtf?

agree.

Chronz
07-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Wheres barrelfact, I think he once said CP3 had more class than Tmac and would never bail.

ZOMG bro. CP3 is an ***, I hate him OMG!

Will we see any "I hope CP3 dies" threads like we did with LeBron? I don't think so

People want to win rings. I respect that far more than wanting money, do what you want CP3. You put in the effort throughout your career, not us

Bingo, Bron had the decency to let his contract expire, elevate that franchise to new heights before eventually realizing they could never land the marquee talent to compete against superior talent.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-21-2010, 11:04 PM
The problem is when you have 5 or 6 teams with a legit chance. The league benefits when everybody has a legit chance (granted that's impossible, but the gap is getting wider). Those 5 or 6 teams might benefit a lot, the NBA might even get better ratings and more attention to those games, but other teams could be screwed and have to fold.

I said 5 or 6 teams on both side. So 10-12 teams that are great.

HoopsDrive
07-21-2010, 11:04 PM
So because they made an effort but they didn't deliver, Lebron have to make a sacrifice and stay even though he knows he won't have a chance at winning?

If you were with a girl and you begged her to stay and you did whatever you want, should you stay because she made an effort even though you know that the relationship won't go anywhere?

Lebron and the Cavs signed a contract. The contract states he can go where ever he wants after the 2010 season. His contract ran out. He had no more obligations for them. Why should he stay just to please you people? Hell if he stayed, he wouldn't have won and he'll here it from guys like you saying things like "Lebron=0 rings" and other **** like that.

The only thing you can say about Lebron is that he shouldn't have had a show but what does that have to do with anything. Why do you care about Cleveland? You only care because it's Lebron related and you are doing whatever it takes to make Lebron look bad.

Dude you're a joke.

That's the only thing I'd blame on LBJ.

His decision to join the Heat after sticking around with the Cavs for 7 years and making them relevant is not wrong in any way or form.

The fact that he left a 60-win team to join another doesn't make his decision a wrong.

tland22
07-21-2010, 11:05 PM

:facepalm::confused:

WRONG, I am not mad at all. I am just sharing the sentiments of not only me, but PLENTY of other people, respectable people. GMs, fans, and tons of former players...with regards to pride and competitiveness. I am not mad or bitter at all. Why would I be. I am just saying.

Sorry the opinion doesnt fall in line with YOURS or some of the other people in the blogg-osphere.

bucksfan31
theres a rumor that the Magic have offered Nelson, Pietrus and a 1st round pick for Chris Paul. That seems fair.

tredigs
I really hope so; he's far too great of a talent to get dicked around with sub-par casts ala Lebron in Cleveland. Hopefully he joins the Magic, I think him and Dwight would be a fun combo. Knicks? Bleh. Lakers? That would be weak too. That team is the defending champs, Kobe doesn't need any more players to carry him in the playoffs.

theres a rumor that the Magic have offered Nelson, Pietrus and a 1st round pick for Chris Paul. That seems fair.

Hahah... Only not... at all. That would be a robbery by the Magic. Especially considering their first will not be a lottery pick any time in the near future.

By the way, anybody hating on Cp3 for wanting to leave his pathetic cast are just lame haters. That guy has the potential to be top 2 PG EVER, let's see him play with some true talent. This is good for the NBA, I don't care what anyone else says.

SouljahPhil...
can the lakers possible trade for Paul?

yes they can..but the problem would be if they want..

SouljahPhil...
07-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Why? Your telling me if they would accept the deal, you wouldn't go through with it? :eyebrow:

hell no...for bynum I would do it..

xbrackattackx

Please stop with your pity party for Lebron. Lebron's the best player in the Nba and didn't even let his team know he was leaving. At least Paul's being real and saying Hey you aren't building for me and I want out it's not the 2012 free agency and hes not surprising them. And the hornets haven't had the success Lebron did with the Cavs. They had the best record in the regular season and as far as I know I have never saw Paul not try in a playoff game.

HoopsDrive
Wheres barrelfact, I think he once said CP3 had more class than Tmac and would never bail.

Bingo, Bron had the decency to let his contract expire, elevate that franchise to new heights before eventually realizing they could never land the marquee talent to compete against superior talent.

It's like people suddenly forgot about that. I'm a Raptors fan and before LBJ's era I had no idea the Cavs existed.

Chronz
07-21-2010, 11:07 PM

Did everything? LMFAO so letting Wallys contract expire when they could have added more talent was doing everything? Deciding against the superior talent/fit in Amare because they did not want to part with Hickson and settling on Antawn a year too late is everything? Try they did everything reasonably possible, yes they did a slightly better job, but thats also why Bron did a MUCH BETTER JOB of leading them.

CP3 is FORCING the trade, the Hornets have very little say on it. Especially if he wants out before the season even starts, atleast Kobe had the decency to start the year on cruise control. Bron did it shamefully if your a fan of Cleveland but it was still a legitimate career move. Certainly moreso than forcing your boss to move you.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 11:07 PM
No I did not, I was on vacation, once again show me where they said that

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/01/lebron-james-dwyane-wade-miami/

ill find more, so many articles on him after july 8th hard to find the ones before

SouljahPhil...
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I really hope so; he's far too great of a talent to get dicked around with sub-par casts ala Lebron in Cleveland. Hopefully he joins the Magic, I think him and Dwight would be a fun combo. Knicks? Bleh. Lakers? That would be weak too. That team is the defending champs, Kobe doesn't need any more players to carry him in the playoffs.

Hahah... Only not... at all. That would be a robbery by the Magic. Especially considering their first will not be a lottery pick any time in the near future.

actually Magic has the best chance to get him..They can add orton..plus knicks pick for next year could be swap with the rockets and the year after is traded to houston..I don't know if its lottery protected though..

DCB/LAL
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM

Dude you're a joke.

Lebron had the best team in the regular season 2 years in a row if they didn't its not because he didn't have the help its because he couldn't lead them there simple as that. In CP3 case the Hornets would have to agree to trade which would then mean that they GET SOMETHING in return for CP3.

Had Lebron came out and said "Hey I dont wanna be herer trade me or ill walk as a FA" I cant bet you money that the Cavs would of gotten a trade offer from EVERY TEAM in the NBA and they would of gotten at least something in return and who knows maybe even a superstar.....instead he decided to have a 1 hour special just to tell all the the Cavs fans and the organization that he was leaving even after giving him everything he wanted.

Yeah there is a difference in these 2 scenerios and unlike the Lebron situation the Hornets are in the drivers seat and they get to decide whats best....they can either give him his wish and find something they want in return whether it be talent or cap relief that is totally on them or wait and let him walk for nothing in which case nobody will feel sorry for them because they knew what to expect.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2010, 11:09 PM
That's the only thing I'd blame on LBJ.

His decision to join the Heat after sticking around with the Cavs for 7 years and making them relevant is not wrong in any way or form.

The fact that he left a 60-win team to join another doesn't make his decision a wrong.

Exactly.

Why should Lebron go through 7 more years in Cleveland and get it from Lakers fans that he can't win?

Some people are straight up haters. Lebron didn't deliver. I get that. But when you blame Lebron because his team mates didn't show up, because he gets near a triple double, because he practically plays all 5 positions, because his coach isn't an elite couach, you are a straight up hater.

ldc62
07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
NO shouldn't even give him a choice. Trade him to the team that gives you the best assets back.

Korman12
07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Uhh, I'm slowly hating the NBA more and more. Still my favorite sport, don't get me wrong, but I hate NBA player culture.

dre1990
07-21-2010, 11:13 PM
It's a done deal. He's going to Detroit.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Some different trades that would work and make sense:
NYK get:
CP3- $14,940,153

NO gets:
Eddy Curry- $11,276,863 (expiring contract, so it'll save the Hornets lots of money)
Anthony Randolph- $1,965,720 AND/OR Wilson Chandler- $2,130,482
Toney Douglas- $1,071,000
2011 1st round pick (whether its the Rockets or the Knicks, whichever one they have)
2013 1st round pick

One thing that needs to be cleared up is the Knicks DO HAVE A 2011 1st round pick. The Rockets have a right to SWAP picks. So the 2011 Knicks pick will be their own or the Rockets. Since the Knicks would probably finish with a better record if they get CP3, it'll probably be their own pick.

Now the Hornets would want the Knicks to take Okafor but if Carmelo is serious about coming to the Knicks and CP3 wants to go to the Knicks because of their ability to get Carmelo next summer, then Okafor probably wouldn't be involved in the trade. Or perhaps a 3rd team would be involved. Now for the Knicks to have the cap space to go after Carmelo, they would have to trade Felton, which would obviously happen since CP3 plays the same position. Felton has a very manageable contract at 2 years, 15.8 million or about 8 mil a year. I'm sure the Knicks could find a taker for that.

If you take Douglas plus Chandler or Randolph's salaries, and the Knicks trade Felton, they're committed to 26.5 million in salaries next year. Adding CP3's salary, thats about 43 million, they could sign Carmelo to a $15 million contract (he'd have to be willing to take a little less in his 1st year). This is assuming the Knicks would pick up Gallinari's option, which I'm sure they would want to do. And I'm sure CP3 would want to play with Gallo, which is why the Knicks would probably prefer not to include him in a package for CP3. If both Randolph and Chandler were included in the trade, Carmelo could sign for the max.

This kind of trade would make sense for NO because they'd get a big expiring in Curry's contract saving lots of money, they'd get Randolph and/or Chandler and Douglas as young pieces, and a couple 1st round picks. It's certainly not the worth of CP3 but considering he's demanding a trade, they might not get much more.

NO would obviously prefer to include Okafor but CP3 and the Knicks probably don't want to take back that contract because they won't be able to sign Carmelo- which is probably one of the main reasons CP3 is interested in NY.

I doubt a deal between the Knicks and Hornets would get done if Okafor was included unless Carmelo has signed his contract offer from the Nuggets.

NYK get:
Paul
Okafor

NO gets:
Curry
Randolph
Chandler
Douglas
Turiaf
Azibuke

The Knicks would have to trade practically their whole team if they were to take back Okafor. Thats why I don't see Okafor being included in a deal.

Chronz
Lebron had no right to diss the cavaliers organization like that, because the cavs organization did everything in their power to surround him with people to help him win a title.
False

They obviously did a good job of that because they had the best regular season record 2 years in a row.Lebron could have left cleveland without making such a big spectacle out of it.
Your not making any sort of effort of distinguishing Brons contributions to that win total. No **** they had the best record, when you have Bron you dont need all that much.

So them taking on more salary in the Tyson Chandler deal, a move they would regret instantly, was made in an effort to lose? Just because its harder to build around CP3 doesnt mean the team didnt try. Yes they had some bad deals, but its not as if this situation is any different from Brons, not when you account for their actual contributions to their teams success.

Proof?

tredigs
Lebron had the best team in the regular season 2 years in a row if they didn't its not because he didn't have the help its because he couldn't lead them there simple as that. In CP3 case the Hornets would have to agree to trade which would then mean that they GET SOMETHING in return for CP3.

Had Lebron came out and said "Hey I dont wanna be herer trade me or ill walk as a FA" I cant bet you money that the Cavs would of gotten a trade offer from EVERY TEAM in the NBA and they would of gotten at least something in return and who knows maybe even a superstar.....instead he decided to have a 1 hour special just to tell all the the Cavs fans and the organization that he was leaving even after giving him everything he wanted.

Yeah there is a difference in these 2 scenerios and unlike the Lebron situation the Hornets are in the drivers seat and they get to decide whats best....they can either give him his wish and find something they want in return whether it be talent or cap relief that is totally on them or wait and let him walk for nothing in which case nobody will feel sorry for them because they knew what to expect.

BOOM - wrong. First sentence. Lebron is so much better than everyone in the league that he essentially singlehandedly took his team to the best record two years in a row; but those role players were mediocre at BEST and were exploited as such in the playoffs. That's what good TEAMS/coaches do in a playoff series. The entire squad steps up and exploits mismatches. See: LA vs. OKC in round 1. With Antawn + Shaq in place of Pau Bynum? See ya, Lakers.

Care to make a wager on what his best "TEAM" in the league will look like next season now that he's gone? I'll give you the over/under on 26 wins.

still1ballin
07-21-2010, 11:15 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/01/lebron-james-dwyane-wade-miami/

ill find more, so many articles on him after july 8th hard to find the ones before

thx

Celtic AL
07-21-2010, 11:16 PM
i would love to see him go to Orlando so ican see the fear of the Heat Fans :D

Enemey
07-21-2010, 11:16 PM
I dont know why some people bring up Bosh into this, nobody said anything about Bosh.

Chris Paul simply said Make the Hornets be a contender or trade me . The FO of NO did absolutely nothing but trade for cap space.

The CAVS did everything to try and meet Lebron needs. he wanted Mo they got him, He wanted Shaq they got him, he wanted Jamison they got him,he wanted Mike Brown fired and they fired him. they built the team around what lebron wanted.

CP3 didnt wanted to fire Byron Scott but they fired and CP3 wasn't to happy about it.

Blazers#1Fan
07-21-2010, 11:17 PM

Portland's offer is better then what any of those teams can offer besides LA but la wont give up there team for just cp3 maybe bynum,Sasha,Odom,1st round pick for paul okafor

Miller,Batum,Bayless,Przybilla,Fernandez,Possibly Pendergraph,and 2 first round draft picks for paul and posey

Hornets roster

Okafor/Pryzbilla
West/Pendergraph
Batum/Peja
Fernandez/Bayless/Thorton
Collinson/Miller

_KB24_
07-21-2010, 11:17 PM
BOOM - wrong. First sentence. Lebron is so much better than everyone in the league that he essentially singlehandedly took his team to the best record two years in a row; but those role players were mediocre at BEST and were exploited as such in the playoffs. That's what good TEAMS/coaches do in a playoff series.

Care to make a wager on what his best "TEAM" in the league will look like next season now that he's gone? I'll give you the over/under on 26 wins.

The East is much deeper now and the Cavs have lost 3, soon to be 4 of their rotation from last year. The team is obviously going to suffer a set back. Didn't I already make a bet with you on this? If not, I'm down.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-21-2010, 11:18 PM
This is a Chris Paul wanting to get traded thread NOT which is worse "Lebron leaving or CP3 demanding a trade?" Everyone is arguing yet it's not going to change anybody's opinion, people are stubborn and are going to stick to their opnion so might as well save your energy and time and not try to debate.

Sandman
Some people are straight up haters. Lebron didn't deliver. I get that. But when you blame Lebron because his team mates didn't show up, because he gets near a triple double, because he practically plays all 5 positions, because his coach isn't an elite couach, you are a straight up hater.

He's getting hated because he made a decision that was unique.

Thats why he had the special. It was unique and unprecedented and guaranteed to sell ad-space.

He's getting hated because he's poised to be the first MVP and the first guy revered as best in his sport that is thought of as a mercenary.

When we think of sports heroes we think of guys who epitomize american values. Whether or not they're from their hometown, guys who spend their entire careers with one team are revered for doing so. Guys who "go home" are as well. Gretzky changed teams a bunch of times and never got that kind of heat. Lots of top sports stars did.

But there isn't another way for the media to write this. It's not a feel good story if you're not writing for the miami herald.

Dan Gilbert tried to compare him to Benedict Arnold. I think that's outlandish and crazy, Benedict Arnold symbolizes a traitor.

I think LeBron could end up symbolizing a ringer or a mercenary.

JonnyBrav000
Chris Paul to the Knicks or Lakers, Melo on the verge of free agency... Sounds good to me, make it happen! NY basketball will be back, sooner rather than later baby!

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2010, 11:19 PM

You're a joke. Everything the Cavs do wrong, it's Lebron's fault. His team mates don't do as good as they are expected too and it's Lebron's fault. His coach is garbage and it's Lebron's fault. Trades don't work out, it's Lebron's fault. What's next? A bomb goes off in downtown Cleveland and you're going to blame it on Lebron as his "last insult" to Cleveland?

The Cavs DID get something in return for Lebron so what are you talking about? You say it as if Lebron had intended to go to Miami all along. You even said yourself that the Cavs had the best record in the league. He probably only started thinking about free agency after he lost in the playoffs. Had he won, he would have stayed.

The Hornets are in the driving seat? :laugh2:
Yea that's why Paul demanded a trade to Orlando, Lakers or NY. It's not like the Hornets are going to trade him something else. It's like when Kobe demanded a trade to the Bulls. Kobe had total control and he wanted to know which players are going to be left behind and which aren't. Kinda like what Paul can do and all the Hornets can do is play along if they want something back for him.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-21-2010, 11:22 PM
For Orlando, here's a trade that would work:

Orlando gets:
CP3: $14,940,153
Okafor: $11,540,375

NO gets:
1st round picks for the next 3-5 years
Vince Carter- $17,522,375 (He has a non-guaranteed contract for 11-12)
Jameer Nelson- $7,600,000 OR Gortat- $6,790,640
Daniel Orton- $1,028,400

The Hornets could dump nearly 27 million in salary this way since Vince Carter's contract is non-guaranteed for 11-12 season. They could have a Collison-Nelson backcourt or they could get Gortat as their replacement for Okafor. Orton would be a cheap prospect who maybe turns into a decent player. The Hornets probably don't get back as much talent in this trade as the Knicks trade but they free up MUCH more cap space.

Orlando would have CP3, Redick, Lewis, Okafor, Howard as their team- pretty solid. They'd def be competing right away.

DCB/LAL
07-21-2010, 11:23 PM
You're a joke. Everything the Cavs do wrong, it's Lebron's fault. His team mates don't do as good as they are expected too and it's Lebron's fault. His coach is garbage and it's Lebron's fault. Trades don't work out, it's Lebron's fault. What's next? A bomb goes off in downtown Cleveland and you're going to blame it on Lebron as his "last insult" to Cleveland?

The Cavs DID get something in return for Lebron so what are you talking about? You say it as if Lebron had intended to go to Miami all along. You even said yourself that the Cavs had the best record in the league. He probably only started thinking about free agency after he lost in the playoffs. Had he won, he would have stayed.

The Hornets are in the driving seat? :laugh2:
Yea that's why Paul demanded a trade to Orlando, Lakers or NY. It's not like the Hornets are going to trade him something else. It's like when Kobe demanded a trade to the Bulls. Kobe had total control and he wanted to know which players are going to be left behind and which aren't. Kinda like what Paul can do and all the Hornets can do is play along if they want something back for him.

Kobe had a "NO TRADE CLAUSE" are you ignorant? Kobe and Dirk I believe are the only players with such a clause so yeah Kobe was in the driver seat different situation so YOU FAIL!

And didn't Wade and Lebron plan on playing together since in the olympics? Hmm.....not sure if there was an article on it let me see if I can find one.

tredigs
07-21-2010, 11:23 PM
I dont know why some people bring up Bosh into this, nobody said anything about Bosh.

Chris Paul simply said Make the Hornets be a contender or trade me . The FO of NO did absolutely nothing but trade for cap space.

The CAVS did everything to try and meet Lebron needs. he wanted Mo they got him, He wanted Shaq they got him, he wanted Jamison they got him,he wanted Mike Brown fired and they fired him. they built the team around what lebron wanted.

CP3 didnt wanted to fire Byron Scott but they fired and CP3 wasn't to happy about it.

Correction: He wanted a top tier point guard; they got Mo Williams (not top ten). He wanted a top tier center; they got Shaq (a fat, over the hill ring chaser who couldn't muster better than 11/5/1 in the playoffs). He wanted a top tier PF ala stoudemire; he got Jamison (a guy who has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs, and we just saw why. Guy is horrible when a team decides to exploit him - it honestly looked as if he didn't belong on the floor).

I hate to be a Lebron "apologist", but you Lakers + Bulls fans hate of this guy just creates the most hilarious arguments. Truly blind. It's a good thing for you guys that the rest of the Lakers piggy backed Kobe while he went ghost in every 4th quarter of the finals, or else I might not have hear this psychobabble.

knicks09
07-21-2010, 11:24 PM
OMFG !!! Everyone that keeps talkin about LeBron in this thread needs to SHUT THE FUKC UP !!!! This is about Chris Paul, not LeBron, or the Heat or the Cavs.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
hey guys help me out, did espn or anyone really give miami a chance on lebron before july 5th? or were NYC, cavs, NY, and chi the frontrunners? still1ballin doesnt believe me lol

PatsSoxKnicks
07-21-2010, 11:27 PM
OMFG !!! Everyone that keeps talkin about LeBron in this thread needs to SHUT THE FUKC UP !!!! This is about Chris Paul, not LeBron, or the Heat or the Cavs.

Thank you. Someone needed to say this lol.

tredigs
The East is much deeper now and the Cavs have lost 3, soon to be 4 of their rotation from last year. The team is obviously going to suffer a set back. Didn't I already make a bet with you on this? If not, I'm down.

Other than Lebron, what non EASILY replaceable player have they lost? Z and Shaq were non-factors on that team, along with the year of improvement of Hickson + a replacement center that can only help them. If anything, having Antawn for an entire season rather than 2/5ths should theoretically make them a better overall team (other than Lebron, of course).

And we did - that was for LAL

And word to the guy mentioning that this is a CP3 thread -- I'm done firing back at the moronic Lebron bashes.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
Correction: He wanted a top tier point guard; they got Mo Williams (not top ten). He wanted a top tier center; they got Shaq (a fat, over the hill ring chaser who couldn't muster better than 11/5/1 in the playoffs). He wanted a top tier PF ala stoudemire; he got Jamison (a guy who has never made it out of the first round of the playoffs, and we just saw why. Guy is horrible when a team decides to exploit him - it honestly looked as if he didn't belong on the floor).

I hate to be a Lebron "apologist", but you Lakers + Bulls fans hate of this guy just creates the most hilarious arguments. Truly blind. It's a good thing for you guys that the rest of the Lakers piggy backed Kobe while he went ghost in every 4th quarter of the finals, or else I might not have hear this psychobabble.

I'll take Kobe being a ghost in fourth quarter finals games if he actually wins just a few(over 20 Finals games win) unlike Lebron who hasn't even won one.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Kobe had a "NO TRADE CLAUSE" are you ignorant? Kobe and Dirk I believe are the only players with such a clause so yeah Kobe was in the driver seat different situation so YOU FAIL!

And didn't Wade and Lebron plan on playing together since in the olympics? Hmm.....not sure if there was an article on it let me see if I can find one.

That's just to make sure he didn't get traded to a crap team. He still decided on who was going to the Lakers to make sure there was enough talent for him to win. It's not like he actually exercised the option. He completely told the Lakers which players he wanted to stay on the Bulls.

I'm sure they talked about it. But I'm pretty sure if the Cavs won a title, that article wouldn't mean ****. So that can work 2 ways.