PDA

View Full Version : Clippers GM: Tracy McGrady's workout "Went Well"

Highlight
07-21-2010, 04:37 PM
GM Neil Olshey says that Tracy McGrady's workout with the team "went well," but added that "[McGrady] will continue exploring his options and so will we."
In other words, it doesn't sound like anything is happening imminently. McGrady could still end up with the Clippers, but regardless of where he lands, we're not expecting a return to major fantasy value.

http://twitter.com/reallisa/statuses/19102008837

There have been reports that he's in really good shape and has been working out really hard on that same regiment as last year.

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Well the Bulls better get on it.

xmoney328
07-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Looking bad for us(lakers)!

GSW Hoops
07-21-2010, 04:45 PM
T-Mac needs to be looking to hitch with a contender, not an 8th seed hopeful like the Clippers.

By the way, I only watch Clippers games when I'm home late and they're the only game still on because they start later than most other teams. Just thought I'd share that.

The ChILL
07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
If the Bulls can't swing a deal for Rudy I would welcome T-Mac.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-21-2010, 04:56 PM
have the clippers signed anyone???

Seems like I have missed the news or they'll just standing pat and watching their players leaving(smith, blake, outlaw)

RaiderLakersA's
07-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Looking bad for us(lakers)!

Not necessarily. TMac is on record stating that he'd like to play with Kobe, if that was a possibility. However, Mitch may have turned a blind eye to TMac in favor of filling one of the Lakers other more pressing needs...like a back-up center.

Either way, I hope that TMac is better than advertised and healthy enough to compete for some team. I hate seeing that much talent fall short of its goals.

Stunner
07-21-2010, 05:02 PM
T-Mac has said he would love to play for Chicago.

GSW Hoops
07-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Seems like I have missed the news or they'll just standing pat and watching their players leaving(smith, blake, outlaw)

They're content to win 25 games per season :)

TheKing23
07-21-2010, 05:06 PM

They've signed Randy Foye and Ryan Gomes and have added their three draft picks, Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe and Willie Warren.

If they sign T-Mac I think they'll have a log jam at the 2-3... They'll have Eric Gordon, Randy Foye, Willie Warren, Al-Farouq Aminu, Rasual Butler (might be a FA, not sure), Ryan Gomes and T-Mac.

That's far too many players for only two positions. Pretty much all of them will want PT aswell...

Highlight
07-21-2010, 05:13 PM
They've signed Randy Foye and Ryan Gomes and have added their three draft picks, Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe and Willie Warren.

If they sign T-Mac I think they'll have a log jam at the 2-3... They'll have Eric Gordon, Randy Foye, Willie Warren, Al-Farouq Aminu, Rasual Butler (might be a FA, not sure), Ryan Gomes and T-Mac.

That's far too many players for only two positions. Pretty much all of them will want PT aswell...

Rasual Butler is a FA, but everything else you stated is true. There would be one hell of a log jam there.

If Rudy doesn't end up in Chicago, I expect T-Mac to be playing there.

Geargo Wallace
07-21-2010, 05:18 PM
TMac joining Rose and Boozer. This is madness!!! When will his decision be made?

Highlight
07-21-2010, 05:21 PM
TMac joining Rose and Boozer. This is madness!!! When will his decision be made?

No word yet. He's "exploring" his options.

I think players such as Shaq, AI, and T-Mac are a last resort for teams. Teams are trying to grab other players through free agency, or through trades before they cut a deal with these vets.

So many of these title contenders or near title contenders are afraid of ruining their teams chemistry. They'd also like to have a more long term solution, so they're looking for younger pieces for their teams.

SA5195
07-21-2010, 07:32 PM

He'll announce his decision at 9 pm on ESPN.

upt_
07-21-2010, 07:37 PM
he'll announce his decision at 9 pm on espn.

lol

Pauleboman
07-21-2010, 07:38 PM
He'll announce his decision at 9 pm on ESPN.

:laugh:
It`s a long summer anyhow.

HouRealCoach
07-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Lakers or HEat need to sign him NOW! He doesnt need to be plaing for teams like this

Geargo Wallace
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
come to Toronto!!!! What am I saying lol

"ya I think they should die, and I hope they burn in hell"
-Sam Jackson

Scarface-Bulls
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
T-mac has been working out in chicago with famous trainer Tim grover and has gone on record he wants to play with the bulls. T-mac as the bulls 9th man isn't bad.

Scarface-Bulls
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
At his peak, McGrady was never known as a great defender. After several knee surgeries, it seems as if he's lost at least one step, probably two. Does that sound like the type of player that would fit right into new Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau's system? Probably not, but i don't think the bulls were thinking defense when they signed watson and korver

tland22
07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
^^^^^ WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. He was known as the Raptors best defender dude lol

directed at SCARFACE-BULLS

Scarface-Bulls
07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Mcgrady cannot guard anyone anymore

Scarface-Bulls
07-21-2010, 10:40 PM
in your eyes u think Mcgrady was the best defender when he was with toronto was by default b/c the rest of the raptors sucked at defense lol get real.

zambo4president
07-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Sign em Clips. Please make that mistake before we do.

Scarface-Bulls
07-21-2010, 10:42 PM
McGrady might not sign til mid-season

zambo4president
07-21-2010, 10:43 PM
At his peak, McGrady was never known as a great defender. After several knee surgeries, it seems as if he's lost at least one step, probably two. Does that sound like the type of player that would fit right into new Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau's system? Probably not, but i don't think the bulls were thinking defense when they signed watson and korver

Yeah McGrady's never been a defensive guy. Not sure where the **** you got Watson isn't a good defender though:confused::confused: Because he is.

Scarface-Bulls
07-21-2010, 10:44 PM
watson is a good defender but that's not why the bulls signed him, they signed him for his offense to back up rose

Scarface-Bulls
07-21-2010, 10:46 PM
i wouldn't mind T-mac coming to the bulls just don't expect good defense from him.

show34
07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Mark my words tracy will be a laker i just have this feeling

tland22
07-21-2010, 11:01 PM
in your eyes u think Mcgrady was the best defender when he was with toronto was by default b/c the rest of the raptors sucked at defense lol get real.

No thats not my OPINION, that is a fact. he was KNOWN to be thier best defender. Thats what they pulled him off the bench for, not to score, but to defend mostly. I watched the NBA then and knew that. I, unlike you, are not pulling made up FACTS out of my rear end.

zambo4president
07-21-2010, 11:05 PM
watson is a good defender but that's not why the bulls signed him, they signed him for his offense to back up rose

You just said Watson wasn't a good defender, but I call you out and he is now? I follow the Bulls just as close as anyone else on PSD, I know what Im talking about, don't give me **** like The Bulls signed Watson for his offense to back up Rose. To the Ignore list you go.