PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Mcgrady would like to play for the Bulls

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 09:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18437/latest-buzz-rj-shaq-t-mac-more

• The Clippers do have legit interest in McGrady and are scheduled to work him out Tuesday. As Clips general manager Neil Olshey told ESPNLosAngeles.com’s Ramona Shelburne last week: "Tracy and I have a good relationship. We've known each other for a long time. He and Baron [Davis] have a good relationship [and] we obviously have a need for playmaking and scoring on the wings.” But sources say that news of the workout being made public was also intended to let the Bulls know that McGrady does have other options, since Chicago is where those close to McGrady say he’d love to land.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5399602

The Chicago Bulls are evaluating the health of free agent guard/forward Tracy McGrady and have talked to his representative, according to a person familiar with the situation.

McGrady worked out for the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday and took a physical on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old tweeted that he's considering the Clippers, Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat, but he added: "that could change by the morning ... lol ... this is the NBA."

The Bulls are not committed to the idea of pursuing McGrady, but are simply one of several teams analyzing the possibility.

McGrady is represented by Arn Tellem, who enjoys a strong relationship with Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

The Bulls courted McGrady as a free agent in the summer of 2000, when then-general manager Jerry Krause met him at O'Hare airport with a three-piece band, cheerleaders and Benny the Bull. But McGrady chose to sign with the Orlando Magic.

Krause was interested in drafting McGrady out of high school in 1997, which McGrady touched on in his Twitter account. McGrady, who was picked No. 9 overall by the Toronto Raptors, tweeted that Krause would have had to trade Scottie Pippen to move up to draft him, but Michael Jordan killed the deal. McGrady said he respected Jordan's loyalty toward Pippen.

McGrady has undergone surgeries on his left knee, and he played in just 30 games last season, including 24 in New York after being traded from the Houston Rockets to the Knicks

http://www.nba.com/news/features/aldridge.2010.freeagency/

McGrady to work out for Bulls on Monday

A source tells TNT's David Aldridge that free agent forward Tracy McGrady will work out for the Chicago Bulls next Monday, his second workout for a prospective team. McGrady worked out for the Clippers on Tuesday.

McGrady could take additional visits after working out for the Bulls, according to the source. A signing is not imminent for the seven-time All-Star, who finished last season with the Knicks after being traded briefly to Sacramento by the Rockets. The 31-year-old only played in 24 games last season as he came back from microfracture surgery on his left knee in February, 2009. would He hoped to come back for Houston but after he and the team disagreed on how much playing time he'd get the two sides mutually agreed that McGrady would stay away from the team until a deal could be made.

McGrady started 24 games for New York, averaging 9.4 points and 3.9 assists in 26.1 minutes.
McGrady wrote on his Twitter account Wednesday, "clippers, bulls, lakers, heat....but that could change by the morning...lol..this is the NBA".

The Clippers said that McGrady had a good workout with them but did not commit to making him a contract offer. Los Angeles has a need at small forward, with rookie Al-Faroqu Aminu not ready to handle major minutes. A league source said Wednesday that the Clippers have asked about Philadelphia forward Andre Iguodala, though there was no indication that Los Angeles has made or will make an offer for Iguodala.
Injuries have greatly slowed McGrady in the last two years; he has played in just 65 games during that time. But McGrady still believes he can return to the form that made him a two-time NBA scoring champion and one of the best late-game finishers of the past decade. He has worked out in Chicago almost non-stop when not playing the last couple of years with famed trainer Tim Grover.

The Bulls have already had a very busy summer, signing power forward Carlos Boozer to a five-year, $80 million deal, shooting guards Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver for three years and $12 and $15 million, respectively, and completing a sign-and-trade earlier this week for backup point guard C.J. Watson from Golden State. McGrady could provide veteran insurance at small forward behind Luol Deng, who has also struggled with injuries in the past few seasons.

hyb152
07-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Nice, they could use an extra swingman. Deng is injury prone and Korver will have some off nights.

Russell_Roberts
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
that would be a good look. i hope he doesnt get trigger happy there though

IndyRealist
07-21-2010, 09:16 AM
They need a SG sized playmaker to play with Derrick Rose sometimes so Rose can be off the ball. McGrady would be a good fit.

todu82
07-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Mcgrady would be a good player for the Bulls. If the Bulls do get him I hope Mcgrady brings with him a good attitude for Chicago's sake.

S-Dot
07-21-2010, 09:23 AM
The fact that McGrady still wants to play is good enough for me. I hate the direction his career has gone in the past couple of seasons.

marlinsfan24
07-21-2010, 09:44 AM
I hope McGrady lands in a good situation and can prove to everyone that he can still play.

nycsports2
07-21-2010, 10:03 AM
breaking news!!!!!!*********: Mcgrady will play for any contender that will give him a paycheck and some that wont...

nycsports2
07-21-2010, 10:04 AM
but to add to the thread i think he would be a good fit as long as he doesnt shoot to many times and plays his ROLE

lakers4sho
07-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm surprised he didn't say the Heat :shrug:

marlinsfan24
07-21-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm surprised he didn't say the Heat :shrug:

The recent additions we have made would probably give him a little to no playing time and he obviously feels he can still play.

iHoop
07-21-2010, 10:10 AM
That would be a great addition to the Bulls with Korver and Brewer. They could start any of those players for different mismatches depending on the game.

MiamiWadeCounty
07-21-2010, 10:19 AM
i think he can be a solid role man for this team..but don't expect anything more than 10pts, 5rbs, 3ast. Those numbers are still decent because with Boozer and Rose the stars of this team being double teamed T-Mac should get open shots. Also I think T-Mac could help develop some of the Bulls' younger players like taj and james johnson

20GoodTimes20
07-21-2010, 10:24 AM
This would be a bad move for the bulls IMO. His inflated ego... his unwillingness to accept the fact that his game has diminished...his history of injuries...so on and so on, are not good for this young/up and coming team.

Tracy is not a bad guy, but IMO would be a bad fit for the Bulls. I think they are loaded as is and should stick with what they have. Let the young guys develop there games, grow as the leaders of the team and see what happens. If i'm a Bulls fan, I say no to the Mac.

Da Bulls would be better off adding Matt Barnes or a wing with a defensive mindset.

TyHill
07-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Smart on T-Mac trying to get the most money. Bulls have enough to overpay for his services.

The ChILL
07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
With Brewer currently pegged as our starting SG I would welcome T-Mac with open arms. That would be a decent platoon.

Hawkeye15
07-21-2010, 10:46 AM
good fit

20GoodTimes20
07-21-2010, 10:59 AM
With Brewer currently pegged as our starting SG I would welcome T-Mac with open arms. That would be a decent platoon.

Has Tmac said he would be willing to take limited minutes behind Brewer and Korver?

Until he says that and openly accepts a backseat/role player mindset..I would be somewhat skeptical.

twoearl
07-21-2010, 11:21 AM
breaking news!!!!!!*********: Mcgrady will play for any contender that will give him a paycheck and some that wont...

^^ This. lol I'm getting tired of these TMAC rumors. Wake me up when he actually signs somewhere...

HOZ THE KNICK
07-21-2010, 11:44 AM
tmac wants to be a starter he is 1 of those guys who like to have his cake and eat it too.

D1JM
07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
yes !! After ten years McGrady will finally land with the bulls. I just hope benny the bull dont **** it up again like he did in 2000.

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
yes !! After ten years McGrady will finally land with the bulls. I just hope benny the bull dont **** it up again like he did in 2000.

What did he do in 2000? Benny the Bull that is?

D1JM
07-21-2010, 12:10 PM
What did he do in 2000? Benny the Bull that is?

He brought MJ shadow when he greeted McGrady at the airport. Seems to scare "Stars of the NBA"

oak2455
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
The recent additions we have made would probably give him a little to no playing time and he obviously feels he can still play.

Juwan Howard was the icing on the cake:confused:

BullsFTW
07-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Actually T-Mac can back up both Deng at SF and Brewer at SG

SF Deng/Korver/JJ
PF Boozer/Gibson
C. Noah/Asik/Boone
SG Brewer/McGrady
PG Rose/Watson

ldc62
07-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Yuck and I was going to cheer for the Bulls this year... guess they're going to lose in the 1st round now

Kyben36
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
the only way I want mcgraddy is if he is willing to take a back seat to rose, and he can still shoot the ball like he used to. By the way Tyhill, I think he wants to play for the bulls becuase he thinks he can start for us. which might be the case as well.

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Actually T-Mac can back up both Deng at SF and Brewer at SG

SF Deng/Korver/JJ
PF Boozer/Gibson
C. Noah/Asik/Boone
SG Brewer/McGrady
PG Rose/Watson

I think he would start initially.

BullsFTW
the only way I want mcgraddy is if he is willing to take a back seat to rose, and he can still shoot the ball like he used to. By the way Tyhill, I think he wants to play for the bulls becuase he thinks he can start for us. which might be the case as well.

just think about mcdyess and grant hill when people thought they were done.

JordansBulls

Why wouldn't he now?

KINGBAIZE
07-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Smart on T-Mac trying to get the most money. Bulls have enough to overpay for his services.

BUT YOU KNOW WE WON'T. REINSDORF DOSn'T PLAY THAT!:p

magichatnumber9
07-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Tibs is not going to sign off on this at all. You don't play Defense in Chicago your not getting any playing time. D Rose included

phen0m
07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
McGrady can only hurt the Bulls.

Stunner
07-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I am say if T-Mac signs with the Bulls him and Brewer will battle for the Starting spot the best man wins since the will be the only 2 SGs on the team might as well let them battle it out.

Stunner
07-21-2010, 01:41 PM
McGrady can only hurt the Bulls.

not really cuz i would be a low risk high rewards. We already a good team with out him, if he comes to play we are better if he's hurt we wont lose that much.

Stunner
07-21-2010, 01:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/brave147258#p/u/6/Gir4CQveszo This guy has uploads of all T-Macs game with the Knicks like 3 min music videos thought they were cool.

bigdogg214
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
if tmac goes to chi town

noah.aisk
boozer.gibson
deng.korver
t-mac.brewer
rose.watson

2nd best team in the east, if they all stay healthy

orlando might be up there too competing for dat 2nd seed

KnickFanSince91
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't know how much TMac has left in the tank. I watched all the games after the trade and it's clear his Bball IQ is still high but he will definitely be a liability on the defensive end. If the Bulls want to push the ball and play fast, he'll slow them down. I actually think he would fit better on Boston.

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Tibs is not going to sign off on this at all. You don't play Defense in Chicago your not getting any playing time. D Rose included

We aren't giving Mcgrady a big deal. In fact he probably wouldn't make more than 3 million a year with us and he would be at best our 3rd scoring option.

Southsideheat
07-21-2010, 02:35 PM
He'll help with our halfcourt sets.

da wood
07-21-2010, 02:35 PM
As a laker fan i was hoping tracy came to us i actually liked that. Because i believe he can still play at a high level just like grant hill can but thier body cant take it thats why they are always hurt but i do believe that coming in and giving you around 20 mins a night he will be able to do some damage for someone off the bench. Say backing up kobe lol but go to the bulls he have always played well against lbj and wade.

Blazers#1Fan
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
i think mcgrady on the Spurs would be a good fit.. and shaq and iverson then they can still be the old team of the league we could call them the 2000's all stars hahaa maybe they trade for vince carter and grant hill and sign penny too hahaaa it would be fun to watch in my opinion alot of the greats together on the same team

Shaq
Duncan
Mcgrady
Iverson
Parker

Ginobili
hill

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 04:25 PM
i think mcgrady on the Spurs would be a good fit.. and shaq and iverson then they can still be the old team of the league we could call them the 2000's all stars hahaa maybe they trade for vince carter and grant hill and sign penny too hahaaa it would be fun to watch in my opinion alot of the greats together on the same team

Shaq
Duncan
Mcgrady
Iverson
Parker

Ginobili
hill

But if you are resigning Jefferson, not need for Mcgrady.

PackerGuru
07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
he should of went there 10 years ago when he was still nice and they wanted him...hes a bum now

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 05:27 PM
he should of went there 10 years ago when he was still nice and they wanted him...hes a bum now

I agree it would have prevented us from having a laul in our history for that much time.

D Roses Bulls
07-21-2010, 05:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18437/latest-buzz-rj-shaq-t-mac-more

I think it would be a good pick up, even being 10 years too late.

Iggz53
07-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I think theoretically, he would fit very well on the Bulls. My concern is if he becomes a distraction by wanting more PT or banging heads with Thibs.

PC
07-21-2010, 06:27 PM
clippers, bulls, lakers, heat.... but that could change by the morning... lol.. this is the NBA
McGrady's twitter (http://twitter.com/TheReal_TMAC/status/19106203469)

Stunner
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
http://twitter.com/TheReal_TMAC

i would have been a bull on draft day in '97....krause was moving up to get me but bulls would have to part with pipp...mj killed deal.... 15 minutes ago via web

TheChamp
07-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Only if LeBron had gone to Chicago.

PG Derek Rose
SG Tracy McGrady
SF LeBron James
PF Carlos Boozer
C Joakim Noah

Pauleboman
07-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Only if LeBron had gone to Chicago.

PG Derek Rose
SG Tracy McGrady
SF LeBron James
PF Carlos Boozer
C Joakim Noah

I would like to see if T-Mac has some game still that would be good..Bulls or Lakers would like to see him go..
Yup but Lebum picked the wrong team and played everyone..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVyvrgqVi8

PrestigeWldWde
07-21-2010, 07:23 PM

breaking news: The knicks overpaid their *** off for stoudemire!!!

PrestigeWldWde
07-21-2010, 07:28 PM
T-Mac would be a very nice option off the bench if he's healthy. I'm all for it.

elizur
07-21-2010, 07:42 PM
breaking news: The knicks overpaid their *** off for stoudemire!!!

bREAKING NEWS: This is about Mcgrady.

yuoke
07-21-2010, 07:53 PM
This is about 10 years too late.

Reyes6
07-21-2010, 07:54 PM
JB will be excited.

guyerson
07-21-2010, 07:54 PM
bREAKING NEWS: This is about Mcgrady.True! But you gotta admit, New York gave "no knee caps" way too much money!

zambo4president
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM
God no please don't sign him.

mets77
07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Honestly, 1st i hear lakers, the heat, then clippers now bulls, who knows where he going to play lol. Maybe he should host an hour special to announce where he is going. :)

show34
07-21-2010, 08:26 PM
tmac has similar scottie pippen skills far as offense goes but defense is where scottie reins supreme go to the lakers tracy

toovey107
07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
McGrady is trash,

I want him no where near the Bulls.

5ass
07-21-2010, 08:38 PM

so what? its not like he needs the money, this guy was the highest paid player in the nba

The ChILL
07-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Honestly, 1st i hear lakers, the heat, then clippers now bulls, who knows where he going to play lol. Maybe he should host an hour special to announce where he is going. :)

haha and as long all the proceeds go to charity he can try and convince himself that he is not a dbag.

eibbor
07-21-2010, 08:50 PM
I honestly don't think there is a team in the league he wouldn't play for at this point. I always liked him though and I hope he comes back healthy and plays well.

I'd rather my worst enemy be healthy and up to their level to play against.

Stunner
07-21-2010, 08:57 PM
TheReal_TMAC
@C_Becker41 yes, there is a chance.. i love the bulls roster...minutes take care of themself... i want to winabout 1 hour ago*in reply to C_Becker41

Stunner
07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls are evaluating the health of free agent guard/forward Tracy McGrady and have talked to his representative, according to a person familiar with the situation.
McGrady worked out for the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday and took a physical on Tuesday.

The 31-year-old tweeted that he's considering the Clippers, Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat, but he added: "that could change by the morning ... lol ... this is the NBA."

The Bulls are not committed to the idea of pursuing McGrady, but are simply one of several teams analyzing the possibility.

McGrady is represented by Arn Tellem, who enjoys a strong relationship with Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

The Bulls courted McGrady as a free agent in the summer of 2000, when then-general manager Jerry Krause met him at O'Hare airport with a three-piece band, cheerleaders and Benny the Bull. But McGrady chose to sign with the Orlando Magic.

Krause was interested in drafting McGrady out of high school in 1997, which McGrady touched on in his Twitter account. McGrady, who was picked No. 9 overall by the Toronto Raptors, tweeted that Krause would have had to trade Scottie Pippen to move up to draft him, but Michael Jordan killed the deal. McGrady said he respected Jordan's loyalty toward Pippen.

McGrady has undergone surgeries on his left knee, and he played in just 30 games last season, including 24 in New York after being traded from the Houston Rockets to the Knicks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5399602

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
McGrady is trash,

I want him no where near the Bulls.

He is not trash.

PrestigeWldWde
07-21-2010, 11:04 PM
bREAKING NEWS: This is about Mcgrady.

aww...do you need a hug???

Stunner
07-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
LAS VEGAS -- Tracy McGrady wants to play in Chicago.

[+] Enlarge
Fernando Medina/NBAE/Getty Images
Does Tracy McGrady have anything left in the tank?
I know he tweeted on Wednesday afternoon that the Bulls were one of four teams on his radar, including the Clippers, Lakers and Heat, but I'm here to tell you that if he had his pick he would love to play in the Windy City first.
What makes me so sure?

Obviously, he would love to play alongside an All-Star point guard in Derrick Rose and a solid frontcourt in Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer, but McGrady's reasoning goes deeper than that.

There is a comfort level in Chicago that the other places he is considering can't offer. He moved to the city a couple years ago because it is where he decided to have his knee surgery done. He spent countless hours at ATTACK Athletics working with famed trainer Tim Grover and physical therapist David Reavy to get himself back in shape. It's the same place he flew off to when the Houston Rockets basically told him to go home last year.

"If I was from Chicago I would have been in here [from] Day 1," he told me last summer while discussing Grover's facility. "Without a doubt, I would have been in here Day 1."

A spot on the Bulls' roster would represent another homecoming of sorts for him, especially since he already had one in Orlando (his hometown of Auburndale, Fla., is about 45 minutes away) that did not end so well.

The real question in all of this does not revolve so much around whether or not McGrady wants to be a Bull, the question is do the Bulls want him?

The guess here is no.

McGrady is 31 years old and has been in the league 13 years. The wear and tear that his body has endured has been well-documented and you'd have to wonder if his body could hold up throughout an 82 game season. I can already hear what some people are saying, "But they don't need him to play 40 minutes a night anymore. He can play 15 or 20 off the bench, and score 10 each night and be fine."

OK, that's a fair argument. But here's why I still don't think the Bulls will pull the trigger: At his peak, McGrady was never known as a great defender. After several knee surgeries, it seems as if he's lost at least one step, probably two. Does that sound like the type of player that would fit right into new Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau's system?

I don't think so.

Thibodeau has stated over and over that defense will be one of the biggest priorities on his team, and McGrady has never been considered a great defender. This deep into his career it would be tough to pull that out of him, but I guess if anyone could do it, it could be Thibodeau since he was the same man who is credited with turning Ray Allen and Paul Pierce into serviceable defenders.

The bigger reason I don't think a McGrady move would work is because no one has any idea how he'll respond in a reserve role. He clearly wasn't happy about coming off the bench in Houston and playing limited minutes, so what makes anyone think that will change now? McGrady has always been a starter, and always been happy playing the leading role on a team, so what happens when he has to step into the background? Sure, there is a chance that he could fit into the laid-back atmosphere of the Bulls' locker room, but the risk of him becoming a disturbance to the young core the organization already has in place may be outweigh any positives that McGrady's presence in a Chicago uniform could bring.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicagobulls...ove-on-mcgrady

Source: McGrady to work out for Bullls next Monday. Story up soon on NBA.com.

David Aldridge twitter.

phlp_bj
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
i wouldn't mind him

zambo4president
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Not so sexy defense:(

BKNets21
07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
I think Chi-Town would be the best fit for T-Mac.

A nice spark off the bench or a solid starting two guard that can play the three.

sargon21
07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
i would like to have him here, we can always send him home if he causes problems in the locker room or w.e

Stunner
07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY :clap:

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 12:01 AM
:clap:

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
i would like to have him here, we can always send him home if he causes problems in the locker room or w.e

:nod:

Ray_R
07-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

barreleffact
07-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Nice, they could use an extra swingman. Deng is injury prone and Korver will have some off nights.

so we replace an injury proned guy with a Career injury proned guy and a shooter that occassionally has off nights with a volume shooter??? how is that nice?

Chicago should let him walk IMO

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 12:27 AM
so we replace an injury proned guy with a Career injury proned guy and a shooter that occassionally has off nights with a volume shooter??? how is that nice?

Chicago should let him walk IMO

Let who walk? Deng???

barreleffact
07-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Let who walk? Deng???

na Mcgrady. chi town doesnt need him

IversonIsKrazy
07-22-2010, 01:37 AM
He is kind of a playoff curse... not sure I want him on my team. I want to go after Roger Mason more. He seemed slow and awkward when handling the ball in NY. He had those 2 beast games at the begining, but went back to around 7ppg after that. I don't want him on the team... I hope we get Roger Mason so these T-mac rumors stop.

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 08:22 AM
na Mcgrady. chi town doesnt need him

We wouldn't be losing anything if we got him though.

barreleffact
07-22-2010, 08:28 AM
We wouldn't be losing anything if we got him though.

i semi-agree with that, but mcgrady is a huge ego. chemistry could be lost. and if u invest in him and he gets injured again, you lose depth and have to figure out your rotation again. he just isnt worth the hastle to me

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 08:47 AM
i semi-agree with that, but mcgrady is a huge ego. chemistry could be lost. and if u invest in him and he gets injured again, you lose depth and have to figure out your rotation again. he just isnt worth the hastle to me

Considering he would only be getting less than 3 million, I can't see how he thinks he would be the man.

0nekhmer
07-22-2010, 10:31 AM
lol new york fans, he only went there to see minutes and show everyone he still has gas. now he wants on a contending team to win that ring, if the knicks got lebron, then of course he would have stayed.

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 12:05 PM
lol new york fans, he only went there to see minutes and show everyone he still has gas. now he wants on a contending team to win that ring, if the knicks got lebron, then of course he would have stayed.

Well he said that himself as well.

ChiTown'sFinest
07-22-2010, 12:23 PM
quick side note; met T-Mac in vegas 5 years ago, cool kat. he introduced himself to me and in my mind i'm like i know who u are lol. mike miller and ray allen also were with him at the lounge.

as 4 playing with bulls?? take a little risk by signing him to a cheap deal for 2 years with second not guaranteed and see if he can prove himself again. Grant Hill has done why not t-mac??? t-mac is still only 31. play him 15 min. per game. all the best tracy!!!

Gibby23
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
- A source tells TNT's David Aldridge that free agent forward Tracy McGrady will work out for the Chicago Bulls next Monday, his second workout for a prospective team. McGrady worked out for the Clippers on Tuesday.

McGrady could take additional visits after working out for the Bulls, according to the source. A signing is not imminent for the seven-time All-Star, who finished last season with the Knicks after being traded briefly to Sacramento by the Rockets. The 31-year-old only played in 24 games last season as he came back from microfracture surgery on his left knee in February, 2009. would He hoped to come back for Houston but after he and the team disagreed on how much playing time he'd get the two sides mutually agreed that McGrady would stay away from the team until a deal could be made.

McGrady started 24 games for New York, averaging 9.4 points and 3.9 assists in 26.1 minutes.

McGrady wrote on his Twitter account Wednesday, "clippers, bulls, lakers, heat....but that could change by the morning...lol..this is the NBA".

The Clippers said that McGrady had a good workout with them but did not commit to making him a contract offer. Los Angeles has a need at small forward, with rookie Al-Faroqu Aminu not ready to handle major minutes. A league source said Wednesday that the Clippers have asked about Philadelphia forward Andre Iguodala, though there was no indication that Los Angeles has made or will make an offer for Iguodala.

Injuries have greatly slowed McGrady in the last two years; he has played in just 65 games during that time. But McGrady still believes he can return to the form that made him a two-time NBA scoring champion and one of the best late-game finishers of the past decade. He has worked out in Chicago almost non-stop when not playing the last couple of years with famed trainer Tim Grover.

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 01:07 PM

Let's see how it goes. I'm wondering what type of contract Tmac wants. Does he just want a 1 year deal so that he can prove people wrong and then the following year get a bigger contract, or does he want to lock into a 3 year deal worth like 12-15 million while he can?

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY :clap:

:)

ivylleague1'
07-22-2010, 05:40 PM
TMac is a great player, A great shooter !!!! He should be in Cleveland (1st choice) before the bulls. Cleveland needs scorers like him and Iverson.

barreleffact
07-22-2010, 09:40 PM
a great SHOOTER tmac is not.

JordansBulls
07-22-2010, 09:51 PM

We need another playmaker though.

ivylleague1'
07-22-2010, 11:10 PM

I agree with you. I just checked his stats and they do not support a great shooter. He was a good shooter up to 02-03, after that his shooting started declining.

ivylleague1'
07-22-2010, 11:51 PM
He still can be effective if he makes serious efforts.

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 08:37 AM
He still can be effective if he makes serious efforts.

I believe he will still be effective.

Raven19
07-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Wanted him for LA, but since signing barnes means he wont be an option, hope the bulls can use him.. btw, if he were to be a bull, would he start for you guys?

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Wanted him for LA, but since signing barnes means he wont be an option, hope the bulls can use him.. btw, if he were to be a bull, would he start for you guys?

Yes agreed.

D-Block21-Chito
07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I really wanted Barnes :(

JordansBulls
07-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I really wanted Barnes :(

Why???