PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Free Agency Winner: The Indiana Pacers?

OT Thriller
07-21-2010, 02:00 AM
For the 2010 offseason many teams like the Heat, Knicks, Bulls, etc. had an advantage because they could offer multiple players max contracts and provide players with a competitive team. I mean the Heat cleared enough space to sign LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Now they are a contender for an NBA Championship.

With next years free agency looking just as impressive, will the trend of clearing cap space to sign multiple stars continue? If so, the Indiana Pacers have an advantage over many teams.

Who? Yes, I said it the INDIANA PACERS. You remember Reggie Miller and the gang. Seems like forever ago since basketball was relevant in a state that cares so much about the sport. Well come 2011, the Pacers might just be a competitive team again.

How? Besides Granger the Pacers only have 3 other players that would be under contract for the 2011-2012 season. Besides Granger's big contract, the Pacers have no significant contracts to disrupt salary cap issues.

Thought the Miami Heat was a super team? Imagine Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony joining forces with Granger in Indiana. Look at the numbers, it could happen and if it does, a summer free agency will once again shake up the league.

Thoughts?

Master Mind
07-21-2010, 02:02 AM
For the 2010 offseason many teams like the Heat, Knicks, Bulls, etc. had an advantage because they could offer multiple players max contracts and provide players with a competitive team. I mean the Heat cleared enough space to sign LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Now they are a contender for an NBA Championship.

With next years free agency looking just as impressive, will the trend of clearing cap space to sign multiple stars continue? If so, the Indiana Pacers have an advantage over many teams.

Who? Yes, I said it the INDIANA PACERS. You remember Reggie Miller and the gang. Seems like forever ago since basketball was relevant in a state that cares so much about the sport. Well come 2011, the Pacers might just be a competitive team again.

How? Besides Granger the Pacers only have 3 other players that would be under contract for the 2011-2012 season. Besides Granger's big contract, the Pacers have no significant contracts to disrupt salary cap issues.

Thought the Miami Heat was a super team? Imagine Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony joining forces with Granger in Indiana. Look at the numbers, it could happen and if it does, a summer free agency will once again shake up the league.

Thoughts?

Melo and Granger play the same position

SNYmets86
07-21-2010, 02:04 AM
i think no free agent will wanna go play in indiana . i don't know why:confused:

nickdymez
07-21-2010, 02:05 AM
lol@ melo and granger playing for the pacers...

Apophis
07-21-2010, 02:08 AM
no one is going to play.. there will be a lockout...

mynameismo
07-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Cap space does not necessarily mean automatic Max players.
Ask Prokhorov and Sterling.

OT Thriller
07-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Melo and Granger play the same position

Shift Granger to PF or SG play Melo at SF. Granger is versatile, he could play where necessary.

gbrl
07-21-2010, 02:12 AM

agreed.

OT Thriller
07-21-2010, 02:14 AM

Very true. One obstacle is other teams outbidding players. But do any of the NBA teams have better cap flexibility than the Pacers offer in 2011? Do any teams offer Paul and Melo to join forces with another all star and compete? Miami has started the trend with the Big 3 and Indiana is the only team I know of currently for 2011 that can do the same. And if that were to happen, it would be scary.

By the way, I am not a Pacers fan, I just think it would be nuts if this happened.

IversonIsKrazy
07-21-2010, 02:17 AM
To who said shift Granger to PF is an idiot lol. I guess u can shift him to SG tho. Either way.... no one will go to Indy, they'll just wait till Pacers come to VANCOUVER!!! :)

CavsYanksDuke
07-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Shift Granger to PF play Melo at SF. Granger is versatile, he could play where necessary.

God no, man. You want Granger at the 2 and Melo at the 3. Granger can hit the 3 and spread the floor and the Pacers have a bunch of big, young guys.

BaustinSali08
07-21-2010, 02:24 AM
To who said shift Granger to PF is an idiot lol. I guess u can shift him to SG tho. Either way.... no one will go to Indy, they'll just wait till Pacers come to VANCOUVER!!! :)

Yeah okay ;), I support the team and I am pretty sure they just accepted a lease that will force them to stay for a while.

BaustinSali08
07-21-2010, 02:26 AM
If the Pacers get a big 3 to compete with the other teams around the league, I will start counting all of the bandwagon fans who never post in the Pacer forum, and I am not even joking.

BoltLakerPadre
07-21-2010, 02:35 AM

Thoughts?

No offense, but I don't see players lining up to go to Indiana. I mean that run to the finals a decade ago was inspiring and all, but Paul and Melo probably have bigger cities in mind.

sargon21
07-21-2010, 02:41 AM
no chance

zambo4president
07-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Hibbert, Murphy, Granger, Rush is a solid young core they just need a real PG.

gbrl
07-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Hibbert, Murphy, Granger, Rush is a solid young core they just need a real PG.

also george and stephenson