PDA

View Full Version : which teams can realistically speaking stop the lakers next year ?

KobeHater
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I know many fans are not going to love what I'm about to say, but i think that only the Heat and the Celtics do stand a chance. As long as superman does not have an offensive game and Lewis/Carter are still on the magic roster i don't see them doing just that. In the west the mavs are the second best in my opinion. They do have dirk, but as always his supporting cast is a big time playoff bust and Jason kid is not Benjamin button (he is not getting younger). With all my respect, all the other teams do not stand a chance.
Your thoughts ?

Hawkeye15
07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Miami, Orlando, OKC, and Boston
in that order

mikealike305
07-20-2010, 07:00 PM
miami, orlando, boston

Cbast09
07-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Miami, Orlando, Boston, Thunder, ect.
Anyone can beat them. Games are not won on paper and the Lakers are not unstoppable.

tredigs
07-20-2010, 07:03 PM
in that order

Even the Blazers with a healthy Oden or the Rockets with a healthy Yao (two big if's, but we'll see - Bynum and Kobe's health are also big if's at this point) definitely have the potential to beat the Lakers. The Thunder can definitely beat them, and Miami of course.

We'll have to see how injured players return, how teams work the trade deadline, and how they gel to know any more before the season begins.

mikealike305
07-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Anyone can beat them. Games are not won on paper and the Lakers are not unstoppable.

are u talking about a single game or a playoff series?

lakers4sho
07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
The same old contenders...minus a few teams

GSW Hoops
07-20-2010, 07:16 PM
All depends on injuries.

whitemamba33
07-20-2010, 07:18 PM
OKC is getting WAY too overrated.

Cbast09
07-20-2010, 07:18 PM
are u talking about a single game or a playoff series?
Playoff series. The Thunder almost beat them and the Celtics almost beat them in the Finals. They are not unstoppable as some of these Laker fans make it out to be, but they are still the best.

christexaport
07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Any team with alot of big men, so Orlando, Dallas, Utah, Boston, maybe Portland. I don't think the Heat have enough in the interior to match up even with Orlando. But that's why they play the games. Injuries and mid season moves change everything.

christexaport
07-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Whoever think OKC needs to bet me some cash. They are good, but not contenders for a title. They have too little experience in big games outside of Durantula.

Now Houston with Yao? Forgot about them. And they are a beast. LA wins with its big men. Challenge in the paint and you got a chance. Houston could be dangerous...

ChiSox219
07-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Even the Blazers with a healthy Oden or the Rockets with a healthy Yao (two big if's, but we'll see - Bynum and Kobe's health are also big if's at this point) definitely have the potential to beat the Lakers. The Thunder can definitely beat them, and Miami of course.

We'll have to see how injured players return, how teams work the trade deadline, and how they gel to know any more before the season begins.

I was gonna put Portland and Houston as the top two capable of knocking out the Lakers, you beat me to it.

djlamer
07-20-2010, 07:31 PM
its going to be tough to 3peat. and any team with a fast pg stands a pretty good chance as that is our biggest weakness.
okc-westbrook
sas-parker
bos-rondo
hou-brooks
blazers-just cause we suck at the garden
miami-they are gonna be sick
bobcats-because we somehow have a losing record against them.......

hype707
07-20-2010, 07:33 PM
seeing that the NBA is fixed i would say no one in the West which leaves Miami Boston and ORLando

LJEATON26
07-20-2010, 07:33 PM

OkC was a 50 win team that was 2 seconds away from taking the Lakers to game 7 and they very easily could have won game two in LA. For a team with the average age of 24 years old compare to the now 2 time champions thats not to bad.

fins08
07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, I wont talk about the Heat, but Boston obviously because they came so close this year and without a Perkins injury, who knows what would have happened. We all saw how close they came...

_KB24_
07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
The Celtics are still the only team I can see beating us in a 7 game series. The Magic still worry me though but I still think we can hold our own. The Heat, Thunder, and Dallas don't really worry me. I would be fairly confident going into a series with any of them.

Cbast09
07-20-2010, 07:43 PM
The Celtics are still the only team I can see beating us in a 7 game series. The Magic still worry me though but I still think we can hold our own. The Heat, Thunder, and Dallas don't really worry me. I would be fairly confident going into a series with any of them.
I hope the Lakers have the same mindset as you.

FarOutIos
07-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I know many fans are not going to love what I'm about to say, but i think that only the Heat and the Celtics do stand a chance. As long as superman does not have an offensive game and Lewis/Carter are still on the magic roster i don't see them doing just that. In the west the mavs are the second best in my opinion. They do have dirk, but as always his supporting cast is a big time playoff bust and Jason kid is not Benjamin button (he is not getting younger). With all my respect, all the other teams do not stand a chance.
Your thoughts ?

If you have to explain your reference... you shouldn't be making it.

tredigs
07-20-2010, 07:47 PM
OkC was a 50 win team that was 2 seconds away from taking the Lakers to game 7 and they very easily could have won game two in LA. For a team with the average age of 24 years old compare to the now 2 time champions thats not to bad.

They'll also be better at the one area that killed them vs the Lakers (interior) with an improved Serge Ibaka and the length/defense+rebounding presence of Cole Aldrich in the low block. Add to that some extra perimeter shooters that they could have used last year + a seasons of growth and they very well can beat the Lakers, especially if Bynum isn't 100%.

I'm pretty high on OKC, but it's for good reason; that team is now a contender.

Jumba
07-20-2010, 07:50 PM
CHA Bobcats

shep33
07-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Honestly, a fully healthy lakers team IMO wouldn't lose a 7 game series to any team right now, Heat are the closest... Realistically the Laker teams of the past 2 seasons who won back to back championships were not healthy teams at all.

Bynum played on one leg throughout the playoffs (gotta respect him for that though), and in 2009 he just came back from a torn up knee that sent him to the sidelines for a couple months... really no impact in the playoffs.

Kobe was injured all last season basically, and in 2009, he was also banged up here and there, I remember he had finger issues all last season too.

The scariest thing about the Lakers is that we haven't even see them at full potential yet. Artest didn't know what he was doing out there offensively this whole year, Kobe's finger, Bynum's knee, arguably a candidate for the worst bench in the league (outside of Odom)... they can actually get better which is scary.

If I had to pick teams to beat them.... Boston, Miami, maybe Denver if their minds are right, and they have Coach K leading them. Dallas with an outside shot.

Jumba
07-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Coach K not being the real Coach K, Coach K being Karl. Big Karl

Punkindrublic03
07-20-2010, 07:53 PM
jAZZers

mikantsass
07-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Rockets Blazers OKC and Nuggets all have chances to knock of LA in the West...

Then you have Orland, Miami and Boston in the East...

The Lakers are def elite and are the defending champs, but its not like they are unstoppable. Boston almost won this past year, and a lot of other teams have gotten better this offseason.

Cbast09
07-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Rockets Blazers OKC and Nuggets all have chances to knock of LA in the West...

Then you have Orland, Miami and Boston in the East...

The Lakers are def elite and are the defending champs, but its not like they are unstoppable. Boston almost won this past year, and a lot of other teams have gotten better this offseason.
You guys would have won if you played in Boston in Game 7.

Also I love your sig.

dre1990
07-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Call me crazy, bit I think the only team that can beat em in the WC is portland, and thats a long shot. Miami in the EC maybe, but we havent even seen the thrice play yet

Verbal Christ
07-20-2010, 08:04 PM
the team better be deep, be able to match up with their bigs, have a fast PG and someone that can contain kobe.

Avenged
07-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I think homecourt will be big yet again. If the Lakers end up facing Miami or Boston again, I like their chances with homecourt especially considering they're a perfect 2-0 with HCA in the Finals the past 2 years.

Without homecourt, teams like the Mavs, Thunder, and Heat have a higher chance of taking out the champs regardless of how good the Lakers are.

Cbast09
07-20-2010, 08:15 PM
I think homecourt will be big yet again. If the Lakers end up facing Miami or Boston again, I like their chances with homecourt especially considering they're a perfect 2-0 with HCA in the Finals the past 2 years.

Without homecourt, teams like the Mavs, Thunder, and Heat have a higher chance of taking out the champs regardless of how good the Lakers are.
This.

Niro
07-20-2010, 08:16 PM
lmao @all lakers fans that think the heat cant beat them:eyebrow:

KobeHater
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
so many people talk about Portland and Houston!!! what makes you think that these 2 teams are going to be contenders next year? yes these 2 can beat the lakers in a regular season game but a playoff series? i just don't think so.

Cbast09
07-20-2010, 08:28 PM
What does that mean?

Verbal Christ
07-20-2010, 08:29 PM
so many people talk about Portland and Houston!!! what makes you think that these 2 teams are going to be contenders next year? yes these 2 can beat the lakers in a regular season game but a playoff series? i just don't think so.

rockets took the same lakers to 7 games 2 years ago, we have the same team too, with the addition of a 7'6 guy in the middle, to laugh off and discredit the rockets could be a huge oversight.

mets77
07-20-2010, 08:30 PM

Your right games aren't won on paper so the heat can be beat as well. :)

KobeHater
07-20-2010, 08:32 PM
As i said before the magic can not beat the lakers. Lewis got owned by an aging KG last year and i really don't need to talk about what Gasol/Odom will do to him. Kobe will have his way against Carter. Not to mention that the lakers can do a good job on Superman.

Lokthug101
07-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Isn't that funny all east teams lol knowbody in the west has done it the last 3 years the west reminds me of little mrs and he lakers are the bullies just beat up on all the other teams 2-7 the west is such pushovers

barreleffact
07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
the heat and the celtics. but its easily going to be a heat lakers finals. that scares me because, regular season or not, the heat with just d wade posed a threat for LA and now he has talent.

okc cant do it. kobe wasnt healthy and LA looks to be deeper this upcoming season.there is always a chance but its marginal

evadatam5150
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
in that order

It's tough to agree with you cause you're such a homer but this list looks right cept for the order.. I don't know that you can put an order to it but as things stand now I think the Thunder actually have the best chance of taking the Lakers out.. They're just long and athletic and the kind of team the Lakers have the biggest issues with.. In the East I still have to give the nod to Boston, they're tough as hell, still have one of the best defensive units (losing Allen is going to hurt a bit though) and you can't put a price tag on their experience.. Also how does Miami or Orlando deal with Perkins and Garnett.. I see huge match up issues there..

The Lakers aren't any better at this point after having done nothing in the off season.. And no, signing Steve Blake only makes this teams bench marginally better..

Run&Gun
07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm suprise no one mentioned Chicago. Granted their new team hasn't played a game yet but I see potential. I think the addition of Ronnie Brewer finally gave them a physical big 2 guard that could guard Kobe.

They also have a post tandem of Boozer and Noah. Boozer isn't an amazing defender but his offensive skills is comparable to Gasol's, outside the passing. Noah is probably one of the best all around post defenders and rebounders outside of Howard, maybe Perkins.

Deng and Rose are still getting better, and I don't think Chicago is done with their roster yet. Granted as it stands now without a bench they can't beat the Lakers, but I think at least on paper the matchups looks pretty good.

defender4m
07-20-2010, 08:45 PM
why does no one give dallas any credit they were the #2 seed and yea they got some playoff issues but they got a great team. one of the best pgs ever, terry who is clutch, dirk is great, butler, and haywood. i like their team and with beaubois, chandler, stevenson and marion off the bench they can be tough. i like them better then the rockets, blazers and thunder.

wudadoda
07-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I i was a Barkley (a gambling man) I'd have o roll with Houston, Rockets, or the Houston Rockets!!!

Purple&Gold24
07-20-2010, 08:50 PM
It's tough to agree with you cause you're such a homer but this list looks right cept for the order.. I don't know that you can put an order to it but as things stand now I think the Thunder actually have the best chance of taking the Lakers out.. They're just long and athletic and the kind of team the Lakers have the biggest issues with.. In the East I still have to give the nod to Boston, they're tough as hell, still have one of the best defensive units (losing Allen is going to hurt a bit though) and you can't put a price tag on their experience.. Also how does Miami or Orlando deal with Perkins and Garnett.. I see huge match up issues there..

The Lakers aren't any better at this point after having done nothing in the off season.. And no, signing Steve Blake only makes this teams bench marginally better..

I dont believe the Lakers have to make any adjustments whatsoever. As they are the Champs .They have won 2 championships in a row with basically the same core of players. IF IT AINT BROKEN DONT FIX IT.

As far as the people saying Oh they almost lost to the Thunder or to the Celtics. But did we? No we didnt. We won. Almost isnt enough.

MrfadeawayJB
07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
LA is the only team that can beat LA....and no im not talking about the clippers lol. The Lakers should be able to beat any one next year if they play to their full potential.

JARVIS123
07-20-2010, 09:21 PM
miami boston orlando dallas

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-21-2010, 12:18 AM
If Lakers play to their full potential, no one can beat them, might make me sour like a homer but positions 2-5 no other team besides Boston is even close.

mynameismo
07-21-2010, 01:07 AM
uhhmm.. Celtics? Obviously we lose last time.. but.. uhh.. you get the point. lol.

heathonater
07-21-2010, 02:45 AM
miami, orlando, boston, okc, dallas, portland. threw portland in there just because they could potentially have the size down low to make things more difficult for bynum and gasol.

JordansBulls
07-21-2010, 09:04 AM
in that order

In the west only Portland or maybe Dallas. And Denver only if they get their act together.

Minimal
07-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Miami, Celtics, Bulls on East.
Portland on west.

Russell_Roberts
07-21-2010, 09:57 AM
dallas

Raph12
07-21-2010, 10:57 AM
The Blazers, Rockets and Thunder might give them a real scare out West, in the East, Orlando, Miami and Boston can give them trouble... I'm still thinking LA will be the 2011 Champs if everything stays as is.

Lakers211221
07-21-2010, 11:14 AM
rockets took the same lakers to 7 games 2 years ago, we have the same team too, with the addition of a 7'6 guy in the middle, to laugh off and discredit the rockets could be a huge oversight.

2 years ago, you guys had Artest and now we have him...by the way, will Yao even get to the playoffs without injury? I doubt it...so, sorry that nobody sees the Rockets as a real threat to the Lakers

Lakers211221
07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I'd have to say that Dallas, Denver, and Oklahoma City have the best shot at us in the West and Boston, Orlando, Chicago, and Miami in the East...but, in my biased opinion, I'm going to predict the Lakers will win their 3rd straight title and tie the Boston Celtics for most championships for a NBA franchise

thenaj17
07-21-2010, 11:18 AM

No games are not won on paper, The Lakers just won the NBA the past 2 years with the same core players. Only a select few can beat them over 7 games

thenaj17
07-21-2010, 11:19 AM
If you have to explain your reference... you shouldn't be making it.

Good film and good point to anyone who has seen it. Comment made ME laugh anyway

20GoodTimes20
07-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Rockets

thenaj17
07-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Call me crazy, bit I think the only team that can beat em in the WC is portland, and thats a long shot. Miami in the EC maybe, but we havent even seen the thrice play yet

Ok you are crazy :D Not sure Portland even make playoffs it is that tight in the West

thenaj17
07-21-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm suprise no one mentioned Chicago. Granted their new team hasn't played a game yet but I see potential. I think the addition of Ronnie Brewer finally gave them a physical big 2 guard that could guard Kobe.

They also have a post tandem of Boozer and Noah. Boozer isn't an amazing defender but his offensive skills is comparable to Gasol's, outside the passing. Noah is probably one of the best all around post defenders and rebounders outside of Howard, maybe Perkins.

Deng and Rose are still getting better, and I don't think Chicago is done with their roster yet. Granted as it stands now without a bench they can't beat the Lakers, but I think at least on paper the matchups looks pretty good.

I am Laker fan but i really like this Chicago team. But the problem i see for Bulls is that they are no better than the Jazz were last year, who the Lakers brushed aside without a problem. Unless Rose becomes a much better playmaker and better than D-Wills, this team is no better than Jazz. Is Noah better than Okur or Deng better than Kirilenko? Marginal. I suppose AK and Okur were injured but i'm not sure Bulls get out of the East to give it a go

Frezhnitz
07-21-2010, 11:29 AM

I agree. Its a fluke they had that many wins.

thenaj17
07-21-2010, 11:30 AM
in that order

Agree with this and in that order

thenaj17
07-21-2010, 11:31 AM

Vikes and Lakers are my teams also :D

Lets hope Favre comes back!

RaiderLakersA's
07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
If Kobe and Bynum are both playing with injuries again, anyone can push us to a 7 game series.

If the Lakers don't make another move to improve our bench, anyone can push us to a 7 game series.

If every other team in the league plays up to their potential and avoids injuries to their star players, almost anyone can push us to a 7 game series. It all hinges on talent and coaching.

But if the Lakers are healthy, and Kobe the facilitator and closer extraordinaire shows up, and we play defense like we did in the playoffs and Finals last year, and we add just one more scorer to our bench (just one), and if every Laker to a man has the hunger, resolve and the reckless abandon to deliver one last championship for Phil, there isn't a team that beats us. With or without HCA. The Lakers have the will, the skill and the heart to win it all again.

blastmasta26
07-21-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't see the Blazers or Spurs as legitimate threats for the Lakers. The Mavs have talent, but they couldn't do anything with it last year, I don't know if they will this year.

OKC has a chance, depending on how the team grows as a whole. The Rockets with a healthy Yao could do some damage for sure. They have a good PG in Brooks that could give Fisher trouble and Ariza and Battier could provide perimeter D.

Magic did not improve much, I could see them challenge LA if they met in the Finals, but I don't think they can win. Boston has a good chance, but slightly worse since last year. Miami has the best chance of them all depending on how the supporting cast plays out. They're good on the perimeter, but Bosh is their only good big. Just have to wait and see if they can deal with the Lakers' bigs.

astrosmaniac
07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
im not trying to be a homer, but i think the rockets match up well with the lakers. brooks has proven to give them trouble over the years, and with yao helping to neutralize whichever big man is playing C (pau or bynum depending on bynum's health) in the post are key. the rockets also have 2 guys who are capable of making kobe work for his points in battier and ariza

Phabulous
07-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Your thoughts ?

I'm really intrigued on what Chicago is doing. With former Celtics defensive coach Tom Thidbeau. He installs a zone defense with young and ambitious legs. I see Chicago taking ATL out in the first round and playing Miami in the Second. Miami will have a tough time and eventually lose to Chicago. With that being said The Celtics and Chicago is who I'm worried about.

whitemamba33
07-21-2010, 12:27 PM

Im sorry...the reg season means something to you?

Frezhnitz
07-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Im sorry...the reg season means something to you?

no not really.

Frezhnitz
07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Vikes and Lakers are my teams also :D

Lets hope Favre comes back!

lol I'm not such a big fan of Favre. Dudes been driving me nuts.

nycsports2
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
in that order

yes.... but i dont think they will be lol

Carey
07-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Yea cuz playing really hard and playing good defense is a fluke lol

The Raven
07-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Only team i can see coming close is the Heat

Carey
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
:facepalm:

??? There's nothing to facepalm

J4KOP99
07-21-2010, 03:28 PM
If both teams are healthy, how is anyone saying that the Magic will beat the Lakers? Am I missing something or did the Magic implode last year? They basically have the same exact team, which is not good for them. Dwight has proven absolutely nothing when it comes to consistently playing at a high level in the playoffs. Rashard Lewis can't do a damn thing, Vince Carter is one of the most overrated players of all-time and Jameer Nelson has had one very good season, the rest are just "ok."

Miami and Boston are clearly the most dangerous teams in the Lakers mind. Anyone who doesn't think a trio of Wade-LeBron-Bosh won't be able to do some serious damage is delusional. I don't care who is on that bench. Miami will be damn good barring any major injuries.

The Celtics, while getting older, still have the most depth compared to any other NBA team. Rondo's only getting better, Pierce and Ray can still play well, Garnett just needs to stay healthy and if Perkins comes back fully healthy, the rotation of O'Neal, Garnett, Perkins and Davis is as good a front court as any in the NBA.

As for the west, Dallas should be very good and the Lakers main compition. The Suns won't be nearly as good, the Jazz will definitely be good but still don't have enough and the Spurs are starting to slow down considerably. I guess if the Spurs play teams in the playoffs that slow the ball down, they will be able to win but if they run into an OKC team or any other fast paced squad, they are done.

OKC, like others have said, is overrated. I know that one poster loves them and thinks Ibaka is gods gift to big men but their front line is still nothing compared to some of the other teams(Lakers, Magic, Portland, Celtics). Cole Aldrich has proven nothing, you think he can run up and down with the OKC offense? I highly doubt it. They made no other significant additions and its too bad that Sefolosha is so damn bad on offense, they can't even keep him on the court because he kills them on offense. What more is Harden going to be able to do this year? Durant is great, Westbrook is very good but I'm sorry, I'm not buying them as a mjor contender this year.

Frezhnitz
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Yea cuz playing really hard and playing good defense is a fluke lol

we'll just have to wait and see if you guys can duplicate the 09-10 season again. If so, its not a fluke.

JARVIS123
07-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Miami Heat

Carey
07-21-2010, 03:38 PM
If both teams are healthy, how is anyone saying that the Magic will beat the Lakers? Am I missing something or did the Magic implode last year? They basically have the same exact team, which is not good for them. Dwight has proven absolutely nothing when it comes to consistently playing at a high level in the playoffs. Rashard Lewis can't do a damn thing, Vince Carter is one of the most overrated players of all-time and Jameer Nelson has had one very good season, the rest are just "ok."

Miami and Boston are clearly the most dangerous teams in the Lakers mind. Anyone who doesn't think a trio of Wade-LeBron-Bosh won't be able to do some serious damage is delusional. I don't care who is on that bench. Miami will be damn good barring any major injuries.

The Celtics, while getting older, still have the most depth compared to any other NBA team. Rondo's only getting better, Pierce and Ray can still play well, Garnett just needs to stay healthy and if Perkins comes back fully healthy, the rotation of O'Neal, Garnett, Perkins and Davis is as good a front court as any in the NBA.

As for the west, Dallas should be very good and the Lakers main compition. The Suns won't be nearly as good, the Jazz will definitely be good but still don't have enough and the Spurs are starting to slow down considerably. I guess if the Spurs play teams in the playoffs that slow the ball down, they will be able to win but if they run into an OKC team or any other fast paced squad, they are done.

OKC, like others have said, is overrated. I know that one poster loves them and thinks Ibaka is gods gift to big men but their front line is still nothing compared to some of the other teams(Lakers, Magic, Portland, Celtics). Cole Aldrich has proven nothing, you think he can run up and down with the OKC offense? I highly doubt it. They made no other significant additions and its too bad that Sefolosha is so damn bad on offense, they can't even keep him on the court because he kills them on offense. What more is Harden going to be able to do this year? Durant is great, Westbrook is very good but I'm sorry, I'm not buying them as a mjor contender this year.

I agree, i think we've been unfairly overrated a bit because of the series against the Lakers. Alot of people have kinda annoited us the 2 seed but i think we are the mix with several other teams, we still have things to prove.

DCB/LAL
07-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Maybe Orlando...I dont think the C's can they have lost some height with Rasheed retiring and he played pretty solid for them. The Heat if they get enough hieght if not then chances are they wont either.

And lets wait to put the Thunder up there the Rockets took LA to 7 the Nuggets took LA to 6 and what happened to them this last year? I know some players were lost on those teams but still great teams find ways to win or at least put up somewhat of a fight before they go down like LA/Bos etc... so lets wait to see what the Thunder this year before putting them up there. And the Blazers? Ehh they always seem like a team who gives LA problems but in the Playoffs I wouldn't be too worried about them.

The 3 teams would be...

1.Magic
2.Boston/Heat

and thats about it....right now at least this will probably change during the season.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 04:09 PM
^orlando a better chance than boston or miami? crazy

soonabooma
07-21-2010, 04:21 PM

Not so much, considering the fact that they held their own against the best teams in the league last year while being WAY overmatched in the middle. And don't forget just how young this team was and still is, and yet they made some noise. Obviously, we were blessed to stay so healthy, but still....it's hard to win 50 games in the West. So I think people are pretty intrigued by the potential of this team. We're not a finished product, but we're very dangerous. We're not at the top yet, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say we're a top 7-8 team. Maybe we're even approaching being in the top 5, but either way, I think we're in the top 10. And that series with Lakers definitely helped us get better. We'll be a tough team to beat for anybody.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-21-2010, 04:23 PM

One thing is beating us on 1 game the other is in a 7 game series!

I think he meant the 2nd one!

DCB/LAL
07-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Not so much, considering the fact that they held their own against the best teams in the league last year while being WAY overmatched in the middle. And don't forget just how young this team was and still is, and yet they made some noise. Obviously, we were blessed to stay so healthy, but still....it's hard to win 50 games in the West. So I think people are pretty intrigued by the potential of this team. We're not a finished product, but we're very dangerous. We're not at the top yet, but I don't think it's unrealistic to say we're a top 7-8 team. Maybe we're even approaching being in the top 5, but either way, I think we're in the top 10. And that series with Lakers definitely helped us get better. We'll be a tough team to beat for anybody.

I like the Thunder but being young can also be bad how do you know that they dont come out this year and stink it up? Lets not forget the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 the year before as well and then they came out and were a let down so I say wait and see eventually they will probably take over as the top dog in the West I just think putting them up there now is way too soon....but they may prove me wrong who knows.

jerellh528
07-21-2010, 04:26 PM
from what i saw last season...okc, thats about it.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
from what i saw last season...okc, thats about it.

:facepalm:

jerellh528
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I love how all lebron/wade/bosh fans get pissed when people dont choose heat to beat the Lakers lol

TheTakeOver24
07-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Heat, Celtics, Magic, Thunder,
it all depends, without Bynum they are very beatable, with him they are virtually unstoppable.

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I love how all lebron/wade/bosh fans get pissed when people dont choose heat to beat the Lakers lol

it not that u didnt pick the heat its that u ONLY picked OKC? really? u said it was based on what u saw last season.... how many games did u watch last season?

jerellh528
07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Heat, Celtics, Magic, Thunder,
it all depends, without Bynum they are very beatable, with him they are virtually unstoppable.

We all know orlando doesnt stand a chance, celtics maybe since they got JO but they are also getting older, thunder is a realistic possibility, and the heat have not even played a game yet haha

jerellh528
07-21-2010, 04:32 PM
it not that u didnt pick the heat its that u ONLY picked OKC? really? u said it was based on what u saw last season.... how many games did u watch last season?

Im not going to lie, I only watched 90% of laker games and all the playoffs/finals..so no i didnt watch all of orlando or bostons reg season games if thats what your asking

Tony_Starks
07-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Out West Oklahoma City and Portland only. Back east Orlando only.

PackerGuru
07-21-2010, 04:36 PM
in the west i'd go with the thunder, they need a rebounding center, but if they get that they're going to be a problem.in the east, gotta go with the heat, and the celtics if rondo can stay focused.

sportsfan10
07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Easy HEATTTTT

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Im not going to lie, I only watched 90% of laker games and all the playoffs/finals..so no i didnt watch all of orlando or bostons reg season games if thats what your asking

yes that was what i said asking, watch some of those games it might change your mind

BlazingJ
07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Definitely Portland Houston Miami and Orlando, Portland's got the big men, Houston went 7 games with them without Yao, Miami is just raw and Orlando has got Howard.

jerellh528
07-21-2010, 04:41 PM
yes that was what i said asking, watch some of those games it might change your mind

fair enuff

jerellh528
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Definitely Portland Houston Miami and Orlando, Portland's got the big men, Houston went 7 games with them without Yao, Miami is just raw and Orlando has got Howard.

That houston series, ron was a huuuge part of that and now we have ron.
portlands just not there yet.
been there done that with orlando.
miami hasnt even played a game.

jerellh528
07-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Easy HEATTTTT

:puke:

BOSTON617
07-21-2010, 04:48 PM
stop sleeping on the celtics i swear you guys always underestimate us until we are in the finals lol

boston will def make one last run next year its all or nothing

whitemamba33
07-21-2010, 04:48 PM
no not really.

Didn't think so.

I'm glad we are on the same page.

Carey
07-22-2010, 10:19 AM
stop sleeping on the celtics i swear you guys always underestimate us until we are in the finals lol

boston will def make one last run next year its all or nothing

Agreed, Boston isnt done yet.