PDA

View Full Version : What Team?

RavensFan23
07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Hello NBA Forum. I have never really watched much basketball, but watched a few playoff games this year, and kind of got into it, but I don't have a team. Now, my hometown team would be the Washington Wizards, but I've never even seen them play. Should I give them a shot? Or try another team?

Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: No, I do not plan on bandwagoning. It will take a while to get used to a team, and in that time, I won't troll the forum saying how great they are. :D

Gators123
07-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Don't be a bandwagon fan of the Heat. Any team other then that is fine.

rapjuicer06
07-20-2010, 03:11 PM
well i'd try another team. go with the Thunder. very young up and coming team

Sixerlover
07-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Give the hometown team the 1st shot, because they will be the one you see the most of on TV and hear on radio etc.. But more times than not if you didn't grow up a fan of the hometown squad it'll be hard to convert (Unless your from LA, Orlando, Boston or Miami).

If you can't get down with the Wiz, I suggest a team whos style of play is interesting to you. Whatever you do don't go down the "BANDWAGON" road though that's not where you want to be.. And there is always the SIXERS!! :dance:

Ebbs
07-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Dallas :nod:

Chacarron
07-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Give the hometown team the 1st shot, because they will be the one you see the most of on TV and hear on radio etc.. But more times than not if you didn't grow up a fan of the hometown squad it'll be hard to convert (Unless your from LA, Orlando, Boston or Miami).

If you can't get down with the Wiz, I suggest a team whos style of play is interesting to you. Whatever you do don't go down the "BANDWAGON" road though that's not where you want to be.. And there is always the SIXERS!! :dance:

+1 Wizards got an excellent rookie in Wall.

VinceCarter
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
I'd go hometown first.

If you get the YES Network and you don't like the Wizards I'd try the Nets. They have young talent and cap space. Very intriguing team now. Many possibilites and if you get YES you can watch almost all of their games.

sixers247
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Globetrotters

Cbast09
07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
As a Heat fan, I'd rather see less bandwagon fans, so stick with your hometown team. The Wizards are my team's division rival and they had a mediocre season last year, but they are going to be a lot better this year especially with their new Rookie of the Year in Wall.

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Go with the Wizards! They have a good young core...Mcgee, Wall, Blatche....

They won't go anywhere soon...but they could be a good team in a couple of years and you'll have more satisfaction going with them then an already established team. Being able to follow an upcoming team like the wizards is a great oppurtunity

Not only that following a team thats not in your area is really awful, gotta go online to watch the games or pay for a package on tv.....follow a hometown team is so much more convenient

B.JenningsMVP
07-20-2010, 03:34 PM
You should try:
Wizards
Warriors
Lakers
:D

smuffins353
07-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Houston......the most fun team to watch in the NBA hands down

da wood
07-20-2010, 03:40 PM
well everyone seem to be laker fans these days but thats what happens when you win. However i will tell you this. you dont get a team yet get league pass and watch games and the team that you find yourself watching the most make that your team. there you have it.

Caino
07-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Wizards or Thunder.

Niro
07-20-2010, 03:43 PM
try the warriors...young team with talent and great fans even if the team sucks

NO bandwagon fans too ;)

but i think yxou should just take a look at every team and decide by yourself which one you like :P

XerxestheGreat
07-20-2010, 03:47 PM
the best teams to watch for proper basketball are the Lakers and (I hate to say) Celtics, veterans on a mission!

the funnest team to watch has got to be the Thunder, or Chicago! young but play hard!

Slimsim
07-20-2010, 03:58 PM
pacers need fans

DaBUU
07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Go with your hometown team, they have good young core and a rookie that will be top 5 Point Guard within the next couple years. Stick with where you grew up, means more that way.

blazerman
07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Globetrotters

Washington Generals, just joking, if you live in DC then you should go with your hometown team the Wizards

RavensFan23
07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'll give the Wizards a shot. :D

jackdawson
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Stick to your hometown team. It's always great to support your HT team and you guys have a soon-to-be-superstar talent on John Wall.

DCSportsIsPain
07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
The Wizards need their fans to come back to them. The new owner has a lot to do to right the ship that is the Washington Wizards but he and his staff are getting it done one step at a time. In a year or two the Wizards will be serious contenders. Ted Leonsis wouldn't have it any other way.

x23cbru24x
07-20-2010, 06:32 PM
well i'd try another team. go with the Thunder. very young up and coming team

im a knick fan i still root for the thunder in the playoffs since the knick have been sucking but they look good...i still love the thunder...especially durant (no homo)

x23cbru24x
07-20-2010, 06:34 PM
but if i was u i would go with wizards...especially watching john wall every game would be fun

djlamer
07-20-2010, 06:43 PM
i also say you got to support your home team no matter what, thick or thin. that being said, if you don't like that wizards, feel free becoming a laker fan. love the smell of championships and the feeling of ultimate victory? say no more skip on over to lakerland where winning is second nature and pissing excellence is first.

smith&wesson
07-20-2010, 06:47 PM
WIZARDS!!!

im not from washington, im not even a wizards fan!

BUT

if your from washington you need to suport your home town team. Biggest reason of all would be the kid your team just drafted. John Wall! selected first overall in this years draft. Washington is rebuilding and with Wall on your team you have somthing to chear for plus you get all the games in your city. some times its tuff to follow another team when your local cable network doesnt play other teams games to often.

you gotta go with the home town team first man, thats with any sport.

mikealike305
07-20-2010, 06:48 PM
go with your hometown, theyll be good in a couple years, if u want a good team now, go with lakers, boston, or miami

Lakersho
07-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Go with the Wizards! They have a good young core...Mcgee, Wall, Blatche....

They won't go anywhere soon...but they could be a good team in a couple of years and you'll have more satisfaction going with them then an already established team. Being able to follow an upcoming team like the wizards is a great oppurtunity

Not only that following a team thats not in your area is really awful, gotta go online to watch the games or pay for a package on tv.....follow a hometown team is so much more convenient

...this post above me is giving you real good advice , wizards , have alot of young talent and will become a fun team to watch. give that ago. dont be discouraged if they dont win alot thefirst year . they will only get better and as they do , you too will grow as a wiz fan, great place to start...

Klivlend
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
It's a good time to become a Wizards fan. They just drafted John Wall first overall and he is having a great summer league. They have some other nice young pieces in JaVale McGee and Andray Blatche. Al Thonton is not bad either. Besides, it's your hometown team.

Please, just don't become a Laker or Kobe fan. We really don't need any more of those on PSD.

D-Will4Prez
07-20-2010, 06:55 PM
I see you are a Ravens fan...something interesting about that is that the Wizards were originally the Baltimore Bullets...All the more reason to root for them :)

Kyle N.
07-20-2010, 07:16 PM
The reason the like your hometown team is so you can actually go watch their games. That's reason enough.

The Raven
07-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Better to go for the hometown team then be a bandwagon fan