PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bass: Play me or trade me

Highlight
07-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Magic PF Brandon Bass reiterated that he wants to either get more minutes or be traded out of Orlando.
After signing Bass to a four-year, $16 million contract last summer, Bass appeared in just 50 games and averaged 13 minutes a night in those contests. "I won't go through what I did last season," Bass said. He could get some extra minutes if Marcin Gortat ends up traded, but significant burn isn't going to happen in the Magic's spread scheme.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/20/brandon-bass-expecting-either-bigger-role-or-new-team-next-seaso/

Brandon Bass is a good role player for any team, so I am sure many teams would be interested in his services. I'm not sure if Orlando would be willing to trade him, but he has some serious game. I loved watching him when he was with Dallas as well.

It seems Orlando is going to have to trade somebody. Gortat or Bass may be on their way out.

mikantsass
07-20-2010, 12:25 PM
The C's will take Bass. If O_T_I_S is looking for some lux tax relief he should look into a Bass for Sheed deal

chuckdaily85
07-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Would the Magic be willing to do a Courtney Lee for Brandon Bass deal...The Nets need a PF badly...or Bass for 2 2nd rounders

Sadds The Gr8
07-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Bass is a sick player to have off the bench as a 6th man (similar to Landry). He deserves way more PT than what he got last year.

Niro
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
welcome to the bay ;)

MacFitz92
07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Jason Terry for Brandon Bass and Mickael Pietrus.

97NYer
07-20-2010, 12:29 PM
I'd take Gortat in a heartbeat. I like Bass too, but he would be going into a similar situation, being Amare's backup.

JerseysFinest
07-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Would the Magic be willing to do a Courtney Lee for Brandon Bass deal...The Nets need a PF badly...or Bass for 2 2nd rounders

noo noo the nets aren't trading courtney lee. They can just absorb him and another players contract for a te and a pick

Jays Claw
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Brandon Bass would thrive with the Knicks.

JOSKOMANG4
07-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Warriors & Magic!

- Magic acquire SG/PG M.Ellis from Warriors in exchanged for C M.Gortat & SG/PG J.Nelson.

Warriors Lineup:

C) Gortat
PF) Lee
SF) B.Wright
SG) S.Curry
PG) J.Nelson

Bench:

SF R.Williams
PF B.Udoh(rookie)
C A.Biedrins
C/PF D.GraZduric
SG/PG C.Bell
SF/SG D.Wright
SF V.Radmonavic

Magic:

C) D.Howard
PF) B.Bass
SF) R.Lewis
SG) V.Carter
PG) M.Ellis

Bench:

C D.Orton(rookie)
PF R.ANderson
SF Q
PF/SF S.Robinson(rookie)
SG JJ Reddick
PG C.Duhon
SF M.Pietrus

atlantahawk49er
07-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Atalanta needs him, can use him, and if they dont go after "slappin da bass" like i call him...lol or gortat....i wld be extremely upset...

atlantahawk49er
Atlanta needs him, can use him, and if they dont go after "slappin da bass" like i call him...lol or gortat....i wld be extremely upset...

sep11ie

Do you think the Magic GM posts on here?

ManRam
07-20-2010, 12:39 PM

We already have like 17 SGs.

No.

LTBaByyy
07-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I want Bass back on the mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was trying to get that money so he left asap haha he shouldve stayed

We have 3 back up centers and NO back up pfs!!!!! He would get atleast 25 min a game with us

srfr4life
07-20-2010, 12:41 PM
MAGIC fan here.

I kind of like the idea of Bass for C. Lee. Although, that's 3 SG's with VC, Redick and Lee. I'd rather have the Lee-Redick combo with there youth. MAGIC fans didn't want to see Lee go, although R. Anderson was a good pick-up. We also think Bass should get more of a shot. I think it's far to say most of us believe Bass can contribute big time. And even though he's barely played, he's still a fan favorite. The guy deserves to play!

Lo Porto
07-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Orlando should package Bass and Gortat to get a better big man to compliment Howard. Bass and Gortat are solid NBA players, but a big with range would make the Magic so much more dangerous. They should look to package B&G for Troy Murphy or Mehmet Okur. Having either of those guys as a backup and sometimes floor partner to Howard would make Orlando the best team in the NBA.

arkanian215
07-20-2010, 12:47 PM
It doesn't look like Bass is the solution for Jersey. We need someone to defend and rebound. Bass' rebounding % have been dropping. They were poor the last couple of years. It's at Yi/Aldridge level. His best rebounding years were when he was averaging 10 or less mpg.

macc
07-20-2010, 12:50 PM
I hope we don't trade Bass. Hes one of my fav Magic players. I would like to see him start with Howard moving Lewis to the 3. Bass is our best iso low post player. He def deserves more pt.

masalex1205
07-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah any team would like to have Bass but it seems like posters are overrating his value here

Hellcrooner
07-20-2010, 01:01 PM
funny , if rudy fernandez has a list of teams he wants to be traded too and there are a lot of WHo the c**** is he? responeses and a ton of go to spain? and a ton of fracj him=? nd a ton of bashing.

Bass goes public with this and not a single bashing response.

Oh i know, he is american....

Hellcrooner
07-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Orlando should package Bass and Gortat to get a better big man to compliment Howard. Bass and Gortat are solid NBA players, but a big with range would make the Magic so much more dangerous. They should look to package B&G for Troy Murphy or Mehmet Okur. Having either of those guys as a backup and sometimes floor partner to Howard would make Orlando the best team in the NBA.

they got their big man to complimet hwoward on his way to the team NEXT season.

Yeah, Fran vaqzquerz, Has turned down a resinging long term wiht his team in spain and taken jsut one year.

So hess FINALLY joining them next eseason.

Tey shoudl keep gotat tooo and trade bass for depth at pg or sg.

macc
07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
funny , if rudy fernandez has a list of teams he wants to be traded too and there are a lot of WHo the c**** is he? responeses and a ton of go to spain? and a ton of fracj him=? nd a ton of bashing.

Bass goes public with this and not a single bashing response.

Oh i know, he is american....

Ya no kidding. Forget Bass, who the heck is he to come out with that statement!

Feel better now? Not enough hate in the forum you wanted to see more or what?

SeoulBeatz
07-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah i dont know why SVG didn't give this dude more time. i honestly think he wouldve been better than Rashard in their last playoff series. Whenever Bass came in his impact was felt, he did the same thing in Dallas.

The Magic were lucky to have a bruiser like him on their bench and they paid for not playing him because they were so soft in the playoffs.

Hellcrooner
07-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Ya no kidding. Forget Bass, who the heck is he to come out with that statement!

Feel better now? Not enough hate in the forum you wanted to see more or what?

Of course Not.

I like the thing tha tpeople are discussing where woudl he fit.

What is what should have happened too in the Rudy Thread.

I was just being Ironic ,

macc
07-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Of course Not.

I like the thing tha tpeople are discussing where woudl he fit.

What is what should have happened too in the Rudy Thread.

I was just being Ironic ,

It is what it is. Many people have different views on different players. Maybe it's a simliar situation but that doesn't mean the players attitude or how they handle themselves is. I don't remember the Rudy thing but off of what you're saying, if the guy wants playing time and demands a trade, then offers teams to be traded to its like he's being a diva and wanting star treatment. Even in saying that alot of stars don't have any say where they get traded to.

In Bass' case he just wants pt, prob doesn't care where he gets it, he just wants to showcase what he can do. I have no problem in him saying that.

IndyRealist
07-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Speaking on behalf of the Pacers, done deal. :clap:

Lo Porto
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
With all the huge contracts Orlando has, it would seem that Murphy or Okur would be better for them than either Bass or Gortat and save them money for this year and soon after since Murphy expires and Okur only has two years left.

rapjuicer06
07-20-2010, 03:09 PM
no way in hell would orlando take on an injured okur. that'd be dumb as hell. now murph on the other hand wouldn't be a bad idea at all

LA_Raiders
07-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Trade him to LA for Puke & a Rook