PDA

View Full Version : Rockets GM Morey: Yao is on track and is expected to be ready for opening night

Highlight
07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Rockets GM Daryl Morey said the suggestion that Yao Ming (foot) could miss the first two months of the season is "totally false."
Morey was disputing an earlier report from the Racine Journal-Times. The GM says that Yao is entirely on track to be ready for the start of training camp and expects him to be in the lineup on opening night. We'll have to see how he looks before we believe that, but Yao is on the radar now as a high risk, high reward fantasy player.

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2010/07/rockets_roster_full_maybe_set.html

This is good news for Houston. They can now battle for a good playoff spot.

Jays Claw
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
If Yao Ming can stay healthy, the Rockets could make a serious run this season.

Highlight
07-20-2010, 12:10 PM
If Yao Ming can stay healthy, the Rockets could make a serious run this season.

Agreed. They will be a team with youth and experience. I think teams would be lucky to avoid them in the playoffs.

JOSKOMANG4
07-20-2010, 12:17 PM
C: Yao Ming/Brad Miller/Chuck Hayes/David Andersen
PF: Luis Scola/Patrick Patterson/Jordan Hill/Jared Jeffries
SF: Trevor Ariza/Shane Battier
SG: Kevin Martin/Chase Budinger/Jermaine Taylor
PG: Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry

On Paper.. especially if Yao is healthy, the Rockets can go as high as being a 2-seed in the Western Conference.

RaiderLakersA's
07-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Exactly, I hope that he can STAY healthy. I hate that big men are so fragile.

val_modus
07-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Im lovin Houston this year IF Yao can stay healthy. Theyv got 3 go to efficient scorers in AB who btw is an emerging star, Kevin Martin, and ofcourse Yao Ming. Scola has proven he can be a go to guy on the block, and Ariza and Battier provide great depth and defensive help at the 3 position. I dont really need to go into depth about their bench, because we all know they have one of the best 2nd units in the league with bulldog Lowry, emerging young stud Budinger, Battier, Patty and Hill off the bench, dont forget they also just signed Brad Miller

sep11ie
07-20-2010, 12:46 PM
he only thing standing in Houston's way of a serious run is the 7'6" 300+lb IF...

Sadds The Gr8
07-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Adelman should put the Duncan treatment on Yao...meaning no playing 2nd games on back-to-backs, and a game off every now and then.

AddiX
07-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Everyone is assuming Yao will be the same. A Guy that big with that kind of injury may never be anything close to what he was.

But if he is, the Rockets got a real nice team. He was playing really good ball before that injury.

TEXASTITAN
07-20-2010, 01:00 PM
And if things don't go their way by the deadline they have some of the best assets in the NBA to use at the trading deadline. Plus they have experience with the lakers in the playoffs which will be huge if/when the time presents itself.

HouRealCoach
07-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Jeffries needs to be traded... I just have a feeling they will get a great wing like Iggy

That will solidify them

BronBron06
07-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I wish the Big Chinaman good luck with his journey, hopefully he'd be back to his top form.
Dont get injured again.

But seriously Rockets should decrease his minutes for the first 2 months, it's all about conditioning and feeling the chemistry with the newly acquired players

dolfan720
07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
I smell a playoff run! Watchout Lakers here we come

hyb152
07-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Man Rockets lookin good, barring any injury. One of the top coaches in the league to go along with a great bench of Brad Miller, Battier, Lowry, Hayes, Jeffries, Hill, etc. I especially love the combo swingmen of Ariza and Martin. Talk about length and speed.

disk 8
07-20-2010, 05:06 PM
hopefully yao is ready

CityofTreez
07-20-2010, 05:12 PM
If Yao isn't on track, you guys will start BMiller, and that wouldn't fare well with the possibility of playoffs

JayW_1023
07-20-2010, 05:13 PM
If this team stays healthy they can beat the Lakers. No one guards Kobe better straight up than Shane Battier.