PDA

View Full Version : would cavs fans be as mad if......

masTOR_shake1
07-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Lebron had left for a team other than miami? Granted any team other than Cleveland is a stab to the heart but it feels like the knife has been twisted signing with the super team for a few reasons. To me Miami stings the worst because despite all the hate, Miami has a damn good shot at making lebron a multiple champion, more so than any other of the suiters most would agree. Also, I think lebron admitting that he needs big time help waters down what the cavs have done and would have been able to accompilsh even with lebron still on the roster, like they were never that close at all despite regular season success. Maby it was the least painful place though because its therapeutic that every other team hates Lebron now too. Thoughts?

BronBron06
07-20-2010, 05:09 AM
I'm remembered former Cavs player Ron Harper

5 RINGS (3 Bulls) (2 Lakers)

Seriously... what's wrong with the Cavs... cursed?

---------

Topic at hand:

Naaah LeBron leaving for any city means Cavs gonna hate... "The Decision" amplified the anger more :D

mynameismo
07-20-2010, 05:13 AM
If He didn't had that 1 hour national TV special and informed the Cavs from day 1 of free agency that he has no plan on coming back. Then they'll probably understand him wherever team he goes. There will be goodbyes for him. They'll be sad for sure but not as mad as they turned out today.

He said he wanted to win, and Miami is the best place for it. If he went to NY, LAC or NJ, he can't use winning as a reason. Again, it's not WHY or WHERE he left but HOW he left.

Kyben36
07-20-2010, 05:15 AM
of course they would be. You look at what Kobe did to the city of Philly, realy, nothing, and they cant stand the guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEaUkgrNdCo), when you see what Lebron did to the city of CLE, you wonder how he hasnt been assasinated yet. I think if he went anywhere other than CLE, NBA fans would not care as much. but CLE fans would be just as pissed. NBA fans however, would just see it as him moving to a better situation. But as far as im concerned, what he did by going to miami was selling out.

heathonater
07-20-2010, 05:35 AM
cleveland would have been angry no matter where lebron went based on the huge show he put on to announce his decision and the way he handled this whole process. by making his decision a national tv event, lebron was going to make cleveland fans angry no matter where he went.

dimedrpr
07-20-2010, 05:43 AM
It's really hard to speak for Cavs fans because we aren't all in that situation but speaking as an NBA fan; it was the way he handled it all for sure. I mean if he comes out on July 1 and says I want to thank the city of Cleveland and the great fans of Cleveland for supporting me for the past 7 years. The city has given me so much and I've tried to give them everything I have in return. We gave it a great run, but sometimes in life we have to move in new directions and experience new and different things. Therefore, as hard as it is to leave home and dissapoint the great fans of this city, I will not be returning to the Cavs next year. I mean they would think that sucks and all but a few days later he could do a press conference from Miami minus Jim Gray's dumbass and all the b.s. and the NBA fans in general wouldn't be so down on him I don't think.

fire2last
07-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Yes we have been mad if he went to CHI, NYK, or NJN...though we would have laughed a little at LeBron if he would have chosen NJN.

Honestly, I think most Cavs fans would have had a similar reaction even if he would have left in a better way. Fortunately for us, he left in almost the worse possible way and we were able to garner support/pity from other NBA fans.

I think there are two reasons 1) we kind of felt like he owed us something being an Ohio boy...even if he didn't owe us a thing and 2) and more importantly...we are a heartbreak city when it comes to sports. And this was a HUGE heartbreak and probably blew our chances for about a decade at any type of sports title.

rhaas74
07-20-2010, 06:57 AM
No matter where he went, I would still be mad thanks to basically giving the bird to Cleveland on national TV. Had he not done that, I would probably be mad for a couple of days and then get over it and move on. While I have moved on with my Cavs and their retool, I still want to see him never win a ring.

Ezekial
07-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Would Cavs fans be mad if these dumb *** Lebron threads stopped?

No, I think everyone wouldn't.

tjlipford
07-20-2010, 07:43 AM
In Cleveland we would have been disappointed if he left and played for any team other than the Cavs. People would have respected him a little more had he let us know that he wasnt coming back. Instead he put us on blast in an hour long fiasco on ESPN.

He knew where he was going a long time ago. O well. That was the past and we can't dwell on it. Personally I don't care about it no more because he just showed to the whole world how much he ****s wit Cleveland.

inthecut-miami
07-20-2010, 07:59 AM
he could have left anywhere, and cavs fans would have been mad, now i think it's ridiculous for new york fans to get almost as upset as the cavs fans.

JordansBulls
07-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Cavs fans would have been angry no matter what. However the rest of the basketball world would have been ok had Lebron gone to NYK, NJN, Chi, POR or UTAH

S-Dot
07-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Cavs fans would have been angry no matter what. However the rest of the basketball world would have been ok had Lebron gone to NYK, NJN, Chi, POR or UTAH

I agree with the 1st three, but they would have been confused with the last two.

FairWeatherFan?
07-20-2010, 09:27 AM
We would have been upset regardless, but we are only angry because of the fashion in which the whole thing went down.

netsgiantsyanks
07-20-2010, 09:52 AM
if he would of told cleveland management he wasn't going to stay, they would of understood that. instead,he goes on primetime tv to **** on the cavs bascially saying, "thanks for the 7 years, but **** you im going to miami." thats why people are mad.

GeekInThePink
07-20-2010, 10:05 AM
If He didn't had that 1 hour national TV special and informed the Cavs from day 1 of free agency that he has no plan on coming back. Then they'll probably understand him wherever team he goes. There will be goodbyes for him. They'll be sad for sure but not as mad as they turned out today.

He said he wanted to win, and Miami is the best place for it. If he went to NY, LAC or NJ, he can't use winning as a reason. Again, it's not WHY or WHERE he left but HOW he left.

this

CrazyCrackar
07-20-2010, 10:05 AM
I think everyones making a big deal out of nothing, the guy took a week into Free agency to make the biggest decision of his life, held a basketball clinic during that time, and donated all the money from the one hour speical to the boys and girls club..... i dont get why everyone is crusifying the guy over it, if he went to your team you wouldnt be saying **** (im not even a heat fan). If anything The heat was prob the best place for him to go other than Cleveland; If he went to New York/New Jersey everyone wouldve called him being greedy and only caring about himself and the spotlight. With the heat he took a paycut and sacrificed the spotlight to win. Yea he left his hometown, but what superstar ever decided to play on a crappy supporting team just because its his home town???

netsgiantsyanks
07-20-2010, 10:06 AM
I think everyones making a big deal out of nothing, the guy took a week into Free agency to make the biggest decision of his life, held a basketball clinic during that time, and donated all the money from the one hour speical to the boys and girls club..... i dont get why everyone is crusifying the guy over it, if he went to your team you wouldnt be saying **** (im not even a heat fan). If anything The heat was prob the best place for him to go other than Cleveland; If he went to New York/New Jersey everyone wouldve called him being greedy and only caring about himself and the spotlight. With the heat he took a paycut and sacrificed the spotlight to win. Yea he left his hometown, but what superstar ever decided to play on a crappy supporting team just because its his home town???

:facepalm: have you been under a rock for the past week and a half?

CrazyCrackar
07-20-2010, 10:29 AM
:facepalm: have you been under a rock for the past week and a half?

na im just not a hater

prodigy
07-20-2010, 10:31 AM
If he went overseas then maybe I won't be as mad.

prodigy
07-20-2010, 10:32 AM
if he would of told cleveland management he wasn't going to stay, they would of understood that. instead,he goes on primetime tv to **** on the cavs bascially saying, "thanks for the 7 years, but **** you im going to miami." thats why people are mad.

Take the Thanks part out, He didn't thank away including the fans.

JasonJohnHorn
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
This would have been heart break no matter what, but I think if he had gone to a team like chicago fans would have been more understanding because everybody knows of LBJ's love of MJ and might respect that he wanted to play in the same city and the man he watched growing up.

I think going to NY or LA or Miami as it turned out, would have all be recieved about the same. But I think the biggest deal is the whole elaborate event it was turned into. He has everybody waiting on their seats, saying he's going to say what his choice is at this time and everybody tunes in waiting.... had it just come out in the paper on a wednesday morning: LBJ Agrees to Terms With Heat, I think that would have be recieved better than the: "Hey, I want everybody to be tuning in and watching when I rip Cleveland's heart out and annouce that i'm going to Miami so i can go ring chasing with some other all-stars, because I'm more concerned about GETTING a ring than I am with EARNING one." Which is pretty much what it souned like to me.

I was a fan of LBJ before, and I cant say I dont like him now, but I have lost respect for him.

The Miami Cheat
07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I was a fan of LBJ before, and I cant say I dont like him now, but I have lost respect for him.

ya i deff agree wit that

tjlipford
07-23-2010, 07:44 PM

That's exactly how most of us feel

djlamer
07-23-2010, 08:27 PM

very well put, although his one hour special did raise 2.5million for the boys and girls club