PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction - NBA

Wade>You
07-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Somebody asks "Fact or Fiction," and then you respond with "Fact" or "Fiction," along with a brief explanation why you think it is so.

Fact or Fiction: the balance of power has been shifted to the East.

Enemey
07-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Fiction: the west still has 9 good teams while the east has 4-5 good teams. The heat takes the place of cavs.

Fact or fiction: CP3 will be the best PG this coming season

xbrackattackx
07-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Fiction: the west still has 9 good teams while the east has 4-5 good teams. The heat takes the place of cavs.

Fact or fiction: CP3 will be the best PG this coming season

I think he and D-will will be neck to neck with rondo and rose nipping at their heels.

Fact Or Fiction: Mavs will make it to the WCF?

Spreefor3!!!
07-20-2010, 03:45 AM
I think he and D-will will be neck to neck with rondo and rose nipping at their heels.

Fact Or Fiction: Mavs will make it to the WCF?

Fiction: Mavs were one of many teams that did not significantly improve their roster via free agency. And dont they ALWAYS choke in the postseason?

Fact or Fiction: The Knicks will make the playoffs next season

xbrackattackx
07-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Fiction: Mavs were one of many teams that did not significantly improve their roster via free agency. And dont they ALWAYS choke in the postseason?

Fact or Fiction: The Knicks will make the playoffs next season

Fact: Amare can lead a team to the playoff in the east. A very low spot 8, but he can.
Not saying they can't be higher but if Amare is the Main contributor I think it will be a low spot.

Fact or Fiction: Al Jefferson has a beast season in Utah with D-will feeding him?

Wade>You
07-20-2010, 03:51 AM
Fact: Amare can lead a team to the playoff in the east. A very low spot 8, but he can.
Not saying they can't be higher but if Amare is the Main contributor I think it will be a low spot.

Fact or Fiction: Al Jefferson has a beast season in Utah with D-will feeding him?Fact: this guy's gonna have a breakout season since he'll be playing with a great guard for the first time in his career.

Fact or Fiction: Cleveland makes the playoffs.

Enemey
07-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Fact: this guy's gonna have a breakout season since he'll be playing with a great guard for the first time in his career.

Fact: I think they are good enough to sneak in esp in the east where 37 wins is all you need. They will surprise people just like how the rockets without Yao won 42 games.

Fact or Fiction: will Kevin Durant will be scoring champ again this season ?

xbrackattackx
07-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Fact: this guy's gonna have a breakout season since he'll be playing with a great guard for the first time in his career.

Fiction: If they don't get some one to be their go to guy, I can't see them making it. They are a team of role players basically right now.

Fact or Fiction: Bosh will have a surprising year and stand out in Miami and in that process solidify him as a superstar?

xbrackattackx
07-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Fact: I think they are good enough to sneak in esp in the east where 37 wins is all you need. They will surprise people just like how the rockets without Yao won 42 games.

Fiction: I think he has a good chance will his main competion playing on the same team cutting their need to score big numbers. But I think someone else surprises us.

Fact or Fiction: They will be two more huge moves before the season starts?

Ovratd1up
07-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Fiction: I think he has a good chance will his main competion playing on the same team cutting their need to score big numbers. But I think someone else surprises us.

Fact or Fiction: They will be two more huge moves before the season starts?

Fiction: Teams are finishing off their teams right now, I could really only see some good players moving, but no stars.

Fact or Fiction: There is no reason, there is no purpose.

tredigs
07-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Fact. With Lebron and Wade probably out of the mix at about 25-27 a piece, it makes it that much easier. He'll average somewhere around ~30 again, edging 'Melo.

Fact or Fiction: Dwight Howard will not lead the league in blocks next season, or ever again.

Enemey
07-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Fact. With Lebron and Wade probably out of the mix at about 25-27 a piece, it makes it that much easier. He'll average somewhere around ~30 again, edging 'Melo.

Fact or Fiction: Dwight Howard will not lead the league in blocks next season, or ever again.

Fiction: He is only what 24 or 25? I think he should lead the league in blocks in the near future .

Fact or Fiction: Greg Oden Stays healthy this season

Korman12
07-20-2010, 04:08 AM

Fiction: Dwight's entering his prime, and no one else in the league is as good as him at blocking shots. By a big margin.

Fact or Fiction: The worst team, record-wise, will be in the Eastern Conference next season.

tredigs
07-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Fiction: Dwight's entering his prime, and no one else in the league is as good as him at blocking shots. By a big margin.

Fact or Fiction: The worst team, record-wise, will be in the Eastern Conference next season.

He's never even averaged 3 blocks a game in a season, though. Before him leading in blocks the last two seasons with 2.8 and 2.9, you would have to go back a LONG time to find a season where < 3blks was good enough to lead the league. I have a feeling somebody (most likely multiple players) will step up and average > 3 going forward, so we'll see if he can step it up as well.

Yes, the worst record will be in the Eastern Conference.

Fact or Fiction: That worst record will belong to the Cavs.

nolin
07-20-2010, 04:25 AM

That is a Fact Sir. East are alot weaker 7-8 seed

Fact or Fiction: Steve Nash is traded before the trade deadline?

The_Jamal
07-20-2010, 04:48 AM
[/B]

Fiction: Suns games would have 4,000 people at them.

Fact or Fiction: One of these teams GSW, LAC, or Kings make the play-offs next season?

Korman12
07-20-2010, 05:39 AM
[/B]

I was referring to the worst single team in all of the NBA, not playoffs

Minimal
07-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Fact or Fiction: One of these teams GSW, LAC, or Kings make the play-offs next season?
Fiction. This 3 teams will get better, especially LAC with Blake Griffin being healthy, but that won't be enough to make the playoffs.

Fact or Fiction: LeBron James will make the most triple double's next season.

sintaks12
07-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Great thread.

Fact or Fiction: LeBron James will make the most triple double's next season.

Fiction: Points and assists, no problem... rebounds though?
Fact or Fiction: Melo will decline the Nugget's extension and be traded at the deadline.

thenaj17
07-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Great thread.

Fiction: Points and assists, no problem... rebounds though?
Fact or Fiction: Melo will decline the Nugget's extension and be traded at the deadline.

Ooh that's a tough 1!!

I will say Fact, he will leave the Nuggets for sure but could be via free agency

Fact or Fiction: Andrew Bynum makes the all star team this year (now Stoudamire has gone)

DengelBerry
07-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Ooh that's a tough 1!!

I will say Fact, he will leave the Nuggets for sure but could be via free agency

Fact or Fiction: Andrew Bynum makes the all star team this year (now Stoudamire has gone)

Fiction: I don't see Andrew Being Healthy Long enough to reach the All-Star Game

Fact or Fiction: The Bulls And Jazz are looking really scary with their depth of bench?

wmudford
07-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Ooh that's a tough 1!!

Fiction: Blake Griffin, Al Jefferson, Greg Oden, Yao Ming and a couple of others are primed for big years. Plus he has like 50% chance of being injured by All-star weekend.

Fact or Fiction: Thunder make 4th seed. Does Durant win MVP?

wmudford
07-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Fiction: I don't see Andrew Being Healthy Long enough to reach the All-Star Game

Fact or Fiction: The Bulls And Jazz are looking really scary with their depth of bench?

Fact: Bulls

Fiction: Jazz

BOSTON617
07-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Fiction: Blake Griffin, Al Jefferson, Greg Oden, Yao Ming and a couple of others are primed for big years. Plus he has like 50% chance of being injured by All-star weekend.

fact i will say durant gets mvp and thunder 4th seed

fact or fiction... celtics are # 2 seed in the east next playoffs

Minimal
07-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Fiction. 4th seed won't be enough to win MVP title.

Fact or Fiction: Stephen Curry makes all star game next season.

Minimal
07-20-2010, 08:55 AM

Fiction: Celtics are getting old every season, and players will be having injuries which will prevent finish 2nd in East.

j-bay
07-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Fiction. 4th seed won't be enough to win MVP title.

Fact he is a reserve thought
F OR F: John Wall is an NBA ALL STAR this year and leads the wiz past bobcats and the hawks for a playoff spot

wmudford
07-20-2010, 08:56 AM
fact i will say durant gets mvp and thunder 4th seed

Fiction: to me they are # 4 due to disinterest at times in the season. BUT they ARE the 2nd best team in the east behind miami and slightly in front of Orlando and the Bulls.

Fact or Fiction: Stephen Curry is the most similar to Steve Nash in terms of playing style?

wmudford
07-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Fiction: Celtics are getting old every season, and players will be having injuries which will prevent finish 2nd in East.

Totally did not see your Curry question bro or i wouldn't have posted one.

BOSTON617
07-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Fiction: to me they are # 4 due to disinterest at times in the season. BUT they ARE the 2nd best team in the east behind miami and slightly in front of Orlando and the Bulls.

Fact or Fiction: Stephen Curry is the most similar to Steve Nash in terms of playing style?

Fiction Stephen Curry is playing very well but more offensive then anything Nash can play offense but is can pass extrmly well Deron Williams reminds me of nash

Fact or Fiction what ever team shaq goes to Boston, Atl, heat, spurs etc
will be instant favorites to win the title?

GeekInThePink
07-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Fiction Stephen Curry is playing very well but more offensive then anything Nash can play offense but is can pass extrmly well Deron Williams reminds me of nash

Fact or Fiction what ever team shaq goes to Boston, Atl, heat, spurs etc
will be instant favorites to win the title?

Fiction: Shaq is washed up and will just get injured/complain

Fact of fiction the Raptors led by DeMar DeRozan and Andrea Bargnani manage 8th seed in the East

SpeeMN
07-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Fiction: Shaq is washed up and will just get injured/complain

Fact of fiction the Raptors led by DeMar DeRozan and Andrea Bargnani manage 8th seed in the East

Fiction: They would need to step up huge. And other teams would have to faulter. I see knicks taking cavs spot.

Fact of Fiction: If the Twolves don't win 20 games, David Kahn will be fired.

kingkenny01
07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Fact the team is entirly his so if it fails it is his fault the trade of jefferson will hurt his image
Fact or Fiction: Brandon Jennings has a better season than Curry

BOSTON617
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Fact the team is entirly his so if it fails it is his fault the trade of jefferson will hurt his image
Fact or Fiction: Brandon Jennings has a better season than Curry

fiction curry is way more explosive jennings is a better play maker

Fact or Fiction miami will not make the championship this year

sasuke_20
07-20-2010, 10:52 AM
fiction curry is way more explosive jennings is a better play maker

Fact or Fiction miami will not make the championship this year

fact: not this time,,maybe the magic or the celtics in the east..

fact or fiction: will the lakers will be dethrone this season?

JasonJohnHorn
07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Fact: These guys dont know each other yet, they are playing under a relatively inexperienced coach and their veteran additions while great players in the past, are aged and injury prone. They will need more than one season to pull this together.

Fact or Fiction: Tiago Splitter will win ROY

JasonJohnHorn
07-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Fiction: Lakers will three-peat. I jsut cant see anybody else with their chemistry, depth and talent knocking them out.

Fact or ficiton: The Thunrder will out perform the Mavs in the playoffs.

Don Starks
07-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Fiction: Lakers will three-peat. I jsut cant see anybody else with their chemistry, depth and talent knocking them out.

Fact or ficiton: The Thunrder will out perform the Mavs in the playoffs.

fact: the thunder are younger and hungrier. they are more explosive and i feel they learned a lot from their one playoff series. though the Mavs are more polished in terms of the Playoffs, they will not be better than the Thunder.

Fact or Fiction: the Bulls are essentially a lite version of the Utah Jazz (from a year or two ago), but will look better because they are in the east.

tbuk100
07-20-2010, 11:14 AM

Fact- Steve Nash is traded for a SG / SF as Phoenix tries to become the wests' version of the Atlanta Hawks.

Fact or Fiction: all 16 playoff teams next season will have a .500 record or better

MrfadeawayJB
07-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Fact or Fiction: The Grizzlies make a playoff spot and give a higher seed a semi-competitive series.

RAptorsNExtYeaR
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Fact or Fiction: The Grizzlies make a playoff spot and give a higher seed a semi-competitive series.

fact: the grizzlies are all young and will be a force next eyar

Fact of Fiction: STeven nash be traded midseason to the raptors and make them a Very good team in the east

DaoudS
07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
fact: the grizzlies are all young and will be a force next eyar

Fact of Fiction: STeven nash be traded midseason to the raptors and make them a Very good team in the east

Fiction - Steven Nash is going to stay in Phoenix for his career.

Fact or Fiction: The Knicks' Anthony Randolph wins Most Improved Player award.

tennisoscar1
07-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Fiction: Randolph will be good for the Knicks but I feel like there are more people that have a better chance to win that award.

Fact or Fiction: Sixers make the playoffs next year

BasketballFan10
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Fiction: Randolph will be good for the Knicks but I feel like there are more people that have a better chance to win that award.

Fact or Fiction: Sixers make the playoffs next year

Fact, outside of the Heat, Magic, Celtics, Hawks and Bulls I think those are three spots are up for grab and I think Philly snags one of them with their core from last season take away Dalembert and add Nocioni, Hawes and Turner, this is a real team.

Fact or Fiction: The Pacers trade for a PG before season

j-bay
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Fact, outside of the Heat, Magic, Celtics, Hawks and Bulls I think those are three spots are up for grab and I think Philly snags one of them with their core from last season take away Dalembert and add Nocioni, Hawes and Turner, this is a real team.

Fact or Fiction: The Pacers trade for a PG before season

Fact thats the biggest need for them
F OR F: John Wall is an NBA ALL STAR this year and leads the wiz past bobcats and the hawks for a playoff spot

djlamer
07-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Fact thats the biggest need for them

totally fiction.
well john wall may be an allstar tbd...doubtful to me though, still alot of young talented guards out east.
but as for them jumping from 2nd last to past the hawks(who are a 3rd seed) and the bobcats(who also made the playoffs) just seems ludicrous to me. the hawks aren't going anywhere they are a top 4 team in the east. and the bobcats and larry brown are just getting started i think. they won most of their games in a late push last year.

fact or fiction
utah won't be in the playoffs next year. the west is too tough, a teams got to go.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-21-2010, 04:19 AM
totally fiction.
well john wall may be an allstar tbd...doubtful to me though, still alot of young talented guards out east.
but as for them jumping from 2nd last to past the hawks(who are a 3rd seed) and the bobcats(who also made the playoffs) just seems ludicrous to me. the hawks aren't going anywhere they are a top 4 team in the east. and the bobcats and larry brown are just getting started i think. they won most of their games in a late push last year.

fact or fiction
utah won't be in the playoffs next year. the west is too tough, a teams got to go.

Fiction: Al Jefferson is a nice addition and will play even better with D Williams.

Fact or Fiction: utah won't be in the playoffs next year. the west is too tough, a teams got to go

DaoudS
07-21-2010, 08:04 AM
^ lol.

SpeeMN
07-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Fiction: Al Jefferson is a nice addition and will play even better with D Williams.

Fact or Fiction: utah won't be in the playoffs next year. the west is too tough, a teams got to go

FICTION - Jazz will be a 45-55 win team, and make the playoffs.

F or F: Rubio will play for the Wolves next year!

jaded01
07-21-2010, 11:55 AM
FICTION - Jazz will be a 45-55 win team, and make the playoffs.

F or F: Rubio will play for the Wolves next year!

fiction: he's staying away from kahn

fact or fiction: within the next 5 years the bulls and/or the thunder will reach the nba finals

S-Dot
07-21-2010, 02:14 PM
fiction: he's staying away from kahn

fact or fiction: within the next 5 years the bulls and/or the thunder will reach the nba finals

Fact: By 2015, I expect KD to have made his first appearance to the NBA Finals. Not too sure about the bulls though.

Fact or Fiction: Carmelo will be All-NBA First Team next season at forward.

djlamer
07-21-2010, 03:53 PM
fiction- melo is too under rated in this league. if he hasn't been one by now, i don't think hes gonna get one. the forward position is too competitive as well.

fact or fiction - team usa is gonna tear up the world comp this summer

mikealike305
07-21-2010, 03:59 PM
fiction- melo is too under rated in this league. if he hasn't been one by now, i don't think hes gonna get one. the forward position is too competitive as well.

fact or fiction - team usa is gonna tear up the world comp this summer

fact: this usa team will be scary good

fact or fiction: orlando needs to make a move by the next 2 years or they lose their chance to win one

heattiltheend94
07-21-2010, 04:15 PM
fact: this usa team will be scary good

fact or fiction: orlando needs to make a move by the next 2 years or they lose their chance to win one

Fiction, they have great young players in Dwight Howard and Nelson. Also Reddick is starting to get better.

Fact of Fiction: Kahn will get fired before allstar break.