PDA

View Full Version : NBA.com: Larry Bird Speaks on Lebron's Decision

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_100715.html

As for the saga that led to the union of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, Bird had mixed feelings.

"That's why we have free agency," he told Dakich. "When you get an opportunity to get an open market, anything can happen. I'm like a lot of people. I'd like to have seen LeBron stay in Cleveland but his desire was to go play with some great players and try to win championships. You've got to do what's best for yourself. He's a very, very talented young man, a great basketball player and he wanted to go play with Wade and Bosh. He had the ability to do that and he did it.

"I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."

still1ballin
07-19-2010, 09:44 PM
James gets owned by another HOF'er

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2010, 09:47 PM
You either want to compete, or you dont. I know which players did, and I think we all know which players dont.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-19-2010, 09:47 PM
james gets owned by another hof'er
:d

ManRam
07-19-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't think he "owned" him. His whole first paragraph supported him.

Bird played with multiple HOFers...he didn't need to leave to attain that. He was lucky. We're also forgetting that he was in BOSTON, a great city, and a great NBA city. LeBron was in Cleveland, which, well...isn't great in either regard.

And if anything, the Bird/Magic rivalry was way more significant than the Wade/LeBron rivalry. Was that ever even a rivalry????

GSW Hoops
07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
People seem to forget that LeBron is his own man and can play wherever he chooses.

Raidaz4Life
07-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Damn... these legends are relentless with their attacks.

still1ballin
07-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Bird played with multiple HOFers...he didn't need to leave to attain that. He was lucky. We're also forgetting that he was in BOSTON, a great city, and a great NBA city. LeBron was in Cleveland, which, well...isn't great in either regard.

And if anything, the Bird/Magic rivalry was way more significant than the Wade/LeBron rivalry. Was that ever even a rivalry????

"It would've been too easy if we played together."

I think the way Bird ended it says it all.

No doubt Bird played with multiple HOF's but they were not top 3 in the league. There is a difference in playing with Kevin Mchale and with Magic Johnson

tsb77
07-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Damn... these legends are relentless with their attacks.

How is this an attack?

Gators123
07-19-2010, 09:57 PM
There is only one person left that needs to comment on LeBron's Decision.......Kwame Brown

E.Turner 2011
People seem to forget that LeBron is his own man and can play wherever he chooses.

hard for fans to believe that because he has been hyped since day 1 by the media

jiggin

his whole first paragraph was him selecting the politically correct way to answer without having the NBA getting upset at you. The second paragraph is him actually answer the question about would he have ever consider doing the same thing...

Sure...he is right in the first paragraph...LBJ could do what he wanted...uhhh, that isn't some new news. LOL

Hoopsadvocate
07-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Wow some of u need better reading comprehension skills if u think this is bad.

Birds first statement showed he supports lebron James the player and has nothing against his decision he may bot be for it but he's not against it. The second statement was birds personal preference if if were him.That's it!!!!

Don't make something out of nothing for the sake of drama

DCB/LAL
07-19-2010, 10:03 PM
MAN he JUST RIPPED HIM A NEW ONE!! :clap:

AddiX
07-19-2010, 10:05 PM
No amount of rings will make him forget West banged his mom.

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Worst thing to happen to LeBron was getting drafted by his home town.

ManRam
07-19-2010, 10:08 PM
I still think Larry is lucky to have never been in the situation LeBron was. It's easy to talk from the outside looking in, it's probably a different story if he was in LeBron's shoes.

So everyone here would stay in Cleveland, where for 7 years the ownership wasn't able to bring in another consistent all-star (or starter under the age of 34, see: Shaq and Tawn), where FAs don't want to go and where winning isn't in the city's pedigree. Larry was spoiled rotten to be in Boston, playing for a great coach in a great basketball city with a great supporting cast. Put him in some obscure bottom of the pack NBA franchise in the middle of the country, and I doubt he's very happy.

Again, all these guys commenting never walked a day in LeBron's shoes. It's easy to criticize when you don't have to make the tough decisions.

_KB24_
07-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Now all we're missing is Magic's response.

FNM BOY
07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Whas so funny about Bird those getting on James talking about he would stay in Boston and have Magic stay in La...is the point that they are blind to the fact of who was there with them on their teams

Magic
Kareem
Worthy
Byron Scott
Michael Cooper
Rambis etc

Bird
Kevin Mchale
Parrish
Dennis Johnson
Danny Ainge etc...

Lebron....????
Washed up Shaq
Inconsistent role players at best...please..arguments are one sided...

Bird nor Magic had to endure what Lebron had to endure....Mj is the only one who has a legitimate argument...but he had a top 50 player in Scottie Pippen and also one of best rebounding and defesnive power forwards in Dennis Rodman...wouldnt even mention the great shooters around him in Kerr, Paxson, Hodges etc.

PLEASE BOTH BIRD AND MAGIC COMMENTING NEGATIVELY ON LEBRON IS LAME WHEN U CONSIDER THE SUPPORTING CAST THEY HAD AROUND THEM

jackdawson
07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I still think Larry is lucky to have never been in the situation LeBron was. It's easy to talk from the outside looking in, it's probably a different story if he was in LeBron's shoes.

So everyone here would stay in Cleveland, where for 7 years the ownership wasn't able to bring in another consistent all-star (or starter under the age of 34, see: Shaq and Tawn), where FAs don't want to go and where winning isn't in the city's pedigree. Larry was spoiled rotten to be in Boston, playing for a great coach in a great basketball city with a great supporting cast. Put him in some obscure bottom of the pack NBA franchise in the middle of the country, and I doubt he's very happy.

Again, all these guys commenting never walked a day in LeBron's shoes. It's easy to criticize when you don't have to make the tough decisions.

This^^^.

tredigs
07-19-2010, 10:11 PM

Well, he was respecting him for being a great player and agreeing that he can go wherever he wants, but said the same thing in Jordan in that "he didn't want to play against the best".

I can understand that comment and for the most part agree with it, but the bottom line is that those two played under fantastic coaches and each had a top 50 ALL TIME player on their team. Did Lebron even have a top 50 player CURRENTLY IN THE LEAGUE on his team? Mo Williams is not a top ten point guard, and Antawn Jamison (who is turning 34) is not a top ten PF. The rest of the team are decent role players, but without another truly great player or VERY SOLID role players (ala the '04 Pistons), you're not going to beat the best in a 7 game series.

Like I said yesterday, it's a lot easier for these legends to say "I wouldn't have gone to play with _______" when they were on fantastic teams with great coaches. Put them with Lebron's cast in Cleveland and they'd either have to settle for not being NBA champions (with no cap space to sign another elite player, this wasn't changing any time soon), or they'd leave for another team with a better cast.

edit: Just saw your 2nd post ManRam, hit the nail on the head; that's what it boils down to. Besides, it's not as if Lebron is joining Kobe (THAT is closer to the Magic/Bird - Magic/Jordan rivalries). The talent that the Lakers and Celtics drew in made them way too good to beat without joining another star studded cast, so he did what he felt was right. Period. It just so happens that Wade was the one signed to Miami and they were the team who had the cap space available to sign these players, it's not as if he's "joining the champs". That was a borderline playoff team, now they're contenders.

jiggin
07-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Whas so funny about Bird those getting on James talking about he would stay in Boston and have Magic stay in La...but who were they both there with on their teams

Magic
Kareem
Worthy
Byron Scott
Michael Cooper
Rambis etc

Bird
Kevin Mchale
Parrish
Dennis Johnson
Danny Ainge etc...

Lebron....????
Washed up Shaq

Bird no Magic had to endure what Lebron had to endure....Mj is the only one who has a legitimate argument...but he had a top 50 player in Scottie Pippen and also one of best rebounding and defesnive power forwards in Dennis Rodman...wouldnt even mention the great shooters around him in Kerr, Paxson, Hodges etc.

yeah..cavs were crap, that is why they made the playoffs and stuff...what a ****** team. Or was the east so weak that even the crappy cavs could get in the playoffs? please.

kjoke
07-19-2010, 10:13 PM
i agrree with manramforprez

kjoke
07-19-2010, 10:14 PM
yeah..cavs were crap, that is why they made the playoffs and stuff...what a ****** team. Or was the east so weak that even the crappy cavs could get in the playoffs? please.

:facepalm: 2009 Cavs>>>>>>>>>>Boston with Larry

_KB24_
07-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Why is everyone eluding to the point that these guys are making? They're not crushing him for leaving, he had every right. But they're saying they would never have gone to another star's team in an effort to win. Stop with the whole, they had "great teams and such. They, like Lebron came in to teams that were in a process of rebuilding. Deny it all you want, Lebron was playing on a contending team when he left.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Well, he was respecting him for being a great player and agreeing that he can go wherever he wants, but said the same thing in Jordan in that "he didn't want to play against the best".

I can understand that comment and for the most part agree with it, but the bottom line is that those two played under fantastic coaches and each had a top 50 ALL TIME player on their team. Did Lebron even have a top 50 player CURRENTLY IN THE LEAGUE on his team? Mo Williams is not a top ten point guard, and Antawn Jamison (who is turning 34) is not a top ten PF. The rest of the team are decent role players, but without another truly great player or VERY SOLID role players (ala the '04 Pistons), you're not going to beat the best in a 7 game series.

Like I said yesterday, it's a lot easier for these legends to say "I wouldn't have gone to play with _______" when they were on fantastic teams with great coaches. Put them with Lebron's cast in Cleveland and they'd either have to settle for not being NBA champions (with no cap space to sign another elite player, this wasn't changing any time soon), or they'd leave for another team with a better cast.

edit: Just saw your 2nd post ManRam, hit the nail on the head; that's what it boils down to. Besides, it's not as if Lebron is joining Kobe (THAT is closer to the Magic/Bird - Magic/Jordan rivalries). The talent that the Lakers and Celtics drew in made them way too good to beat without joining another star studded cast, so he did what he felt was right. Period. It just so happens that Wade was the one signed to Miami and they were the team who had the cap space available to sign these players, it's not as if he's "joining the champs". That was a borderline playoff team, now they're contenders.

Are you kidding me?

Bulls were not a winning organization until MJ came along and and since he left still is a losing organiazation

Rockets were not a winning organization until Hakeem came along and once he left have not had much success (past the first round once in 12 years)

Pistons were not a winning organization until Isiah came along

The Spurs were constantly winning 50+ games with David Robinson but didn't start winning titles until Duncan came along.

Part of greatness is turning a losing organization into a champion. Lebron didn't do that.

In fact he said this.

"I have a goal and its a huge goal and that's to bring an NBA championship to Cleveland and I won't stop until I get it.” - LeBron James 3/31/10

Simply put what Lebron is doing any player could do.

Also lets not act like Lebron didn't have any help. The guy did have Carlos Boozer. It is just too bad the two never got along.

Every player that was good on the Cavs, Lebron acquired by trade. Mo Williams, Antwan Jamison, Shaquille O'neal, Ben Wallace, etc.
He didn't help any player on that team reach there potential. The only guy that he helped a lot was Hickson. That is the guy who people were saying is the next Karl Malone.

FNM BOY
07-19-2010, 10:20 PM

Your hate obviously has you blind to the truth....Shaq came to Cleveland after the fact...name future hall of famers on Cavs team after u dismiss washed up Shaq?????..... Now check those teams Larry and Magic were on...and I bet you.....you cant count on one hand how much of them are hall of famers...dont let your hate make you turn a blind to the facts of the game bruh!!!

MacFitz92
07-19-2010, 10:20 PM

Chicago was nothing untill Jordan came there.

Chacarron
07-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Haven't you heard? The Bird is the Word.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Whas so funny about Bird those getting on James talking about he would stay in Boston and have Magic stay in La...is the point that they are blind to the fact of who was there with them on their teams

Magic
Kareem
Worthy
Byron Scott
Michael Cooper
Rambis etc

Bird
Kevin Mchale
Parrish
Dennis Johnson
Danny Ainge etc...

Lebron....????
Washed up Shaq

Bird nor Magic had to endure what Lebron had to endure....Mj is the only one who has a legitimate argument...but he had a top 50 player in Scottie Pippen and also one of best rebounding and defesnive power forwards in Dennis Rodman...wouldnt even mention the great shooters around him in Kerr, Paxson, Hodges etc.

PLEASE BOTH BIRD AND MAGIC COMMENTING NEGATIVELY ON LEBRON IS LAME WHEN U CONSIDER THE SUPPORTING CAST THEY HAD AROUND THEM

Dude the Bulls had already 3 peated before MJ ever played with Rodman. Stop with this he had Rodman as if he had him from the get go.

Pippen was a work in progress and became great over time. He never was given to MJ in his prime.
Part of why Pippen became great was due to MJ himself. People need to stop acting like MJ got a guy from another team in his absolute prime or something.

Pippen became great due to playing with Jordan, he even said so himself.

Source: GoogleBooks (http://books.google.com/books?id=aQ84ViBNkYwC&pg=PA28&lpg=PA28&dq=Game+Michael+Jordan+broke+his+leg&source=web&ots=Y9Xtn3nomR&sig=6shSn2cklYKVP1kBaC6nI0A_oko&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA39,M1)

Pippen, unlike other Bulls who usually kept their distance from Jordan, tried to learn all he could from Jordan in practice. In turn, Jordan worked with Pippen on his moves, jump shot, and defense and taught him mental toughness.

Pippen relates on how his game improved - Link (http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/jordanhof_pippen_090910.html)

“He was very competitive, so he went at me and that helped me learn,” said Pippen. “You continue to compete against the very best every day, and you will get better, or you’ll be embarrassed.”

“I went to a small school, so I had to be a jack of all trades and master a few,” said Pippen. “Defense was one thing I was really able to work at and get better.

“A lot of my instincts came from guarding Michael all the time in practice,” he added. “I had four other guys on my team, but I had schemes that I would throw out there depending on what he did. I’d say, ‘If I make Michael do this, then you go trap him.’ There were things I tried to do on defense to trigger him into a
mistake. He was a great player, and if you couldn’t try it on him in practice, there was nowhere else to try it.”

FNM BOY
07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Are you kidding me?

Bulls were not a winning organization until MJ came along and and since he left still is a losing organiazation

Rockets were not a winning organization until Hakeem came along and once he left have not had much success (past the first round once in 12 years)

The Spurs were constantly winning 50+ games with David Robinson but didn't start winning titles until Duncan came along.

Part of greatness is turning a losing organization into a champion. Lebron didn't do that.

In fact he said this.

"I have a goal and its a huge goal and that's to bring an NBA championship to Cleveland and I won't stop until I get it.” - LeBron James 3/31/10

Also lets not act like Lebron didn't have any help. The guy did have Carlos Boozer. It is just too bad the two never got along.

Every player that was good on the Cavs, Lebron acquired by trade. Mo Williams, Antwan Jamison, Shaquille O'neal, Ben Wallace, etc.He didn't help any player on that team reach there potential. The only guy that he helped a lot was Hickson. That is the guy who people were saying is the next Karl Malone.

hahaha u guys are so ****ing funny and blind to the truth....ALL Of THE ABOVE WERE OVER 34 AND WASHED UP WHEN THEY PLAYED WITH LEBRON....hahahahahahah....Give Lebron Shaq when he was 25 and lets see whas up....please...blind blind blind :facepalm:

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 10:24 PM

Again, all these guys commenting never walked a day in LeBron's shoes. It's easy to criticize when you don't have to make the tough decisions.Why aren't YOU (yeah, you) paying attention to this? Great post here.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 10:25 PM
hahaha u guys are so ****ing funny and blind to the truth....ALL Of THE ABOVE WERE OVER 34 AND WASHED UP WHEN THEY PLAYED WITH LEBRON....hahahahahahah....Give Lebron Shaq when he was 25 and lets see whas up....please...blind blind blind :facepalm:

Yeah and guess what, when Rodman came to the Bulls he was 35. And he was 37 in MJ's last year while Pippen was coming off a foot surgery and had a bad back as well.

It still doesn't change the fact that Lebron pretty much got Jamison for free as Big Z came back to the team and then he added Shaq (1x league mvp and 3 finals mvp's) without giving up anything really.
Jamison a career 20 and 8 player and was getting that this season on the Wizards. Shaq last year a 17 and 7 player and Mo was a 17 and 6 player before playing with Lebron.

show34
07-19-2010, 10:25 PM
when u thought boston u didnt think nothing but larry bird and the boston garden then perhaps ainge mchale and parrish and dennis johnson so what are you all sayin bird was the man with awesome role players on the team now you dont know who the man is on that team wade bosh or lebron i hope it works out I see 3 titles total for the heat

tredigs
07-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Why is everyone eluding to the point that these guys are making? They're not crushing him for leaving, he had every right. But they're saying they would never have gone to another star's team in an effort to win. Stop with the whole, they had "great teams and such. They, like Lebron came in to teams that were in a process of rebuilding. Deny it all you want, Lebron was playing on a contending team when he left.

He obviously wasn't, though. He played on a team that he was consistently amazing enough to carry night in and night out for single victories. But when it came to the playoffs, there were 2-3 teams in the league that were strong enough overall to gameplan and exploit the weaknesses in his cast to beat them. If you're a contending TEAM, then the whole team has to step up and prove they can win when it counts.

His other two "star talents" playing alongside him (mo + Jam) went for 14/3/5 (on 40% shooting) and 15/7/1 (on 46% shooting) in the playoffs. The Diesel chipped in an astounding 11/5/1. That's not a championship team as is, and they were not getting any younger. LBJ putting up 29/9/8 on 50% shooting is going to waste playing with those scrubs. I'd have left too. And if you think he'd have gotten any less of a backlash going to Chi then Miami, then you're blind to the hate train that the dude has behind him at all turns.

hype707
07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Bird's will to win>Lebron

Coach V

The MEN talking here are Jordan/Barkley/Bird . The little boy's want the EASIEST route to win and not COMPETE.

x23cbru24x
everyone saying this about lebron is right

FNM BOY
07-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Yeah and guess what, when Rodman came to the Bulls he was 35. And he was 37 in MJ's last year while Pippen was coming off a foot surgery and had a bad back as well.

It still doesn't change the fact that Lebron pretty much got Jamison for free as Big Z came back to the team and then he added Shaq (1x league mvp and 3 finals mvp's) without giving up anything really.
Jamison a career 20 and 8 player and was getting that this season on the Wizards. Shaq last year a 17 and 7 player and Mo was a 17 and 6 player before playing with Lebron.

ok u have your points and I have mind...but I know one thing that is certain...if Lebron came to Chicago u would be all over his ...and putting up threads all over the place about how great your team is going to be etc....u guys are funny...life is all about favor, and favorable circumstances...enjoy the rest of ya hate on Lebron.

DCB/LAL
Lebron is gettin S*I* on by all these GREATS.

Wade>You
Bird's will to win>LebronBird's will to be drafted by a great franchise > LeBron.

C-ross12
07-19-2010, 10:32 PM
The comparisons are a bit off here.. The heat three are better to be compared to guys liek Barkley, Drexler, Kemp... players like that... not the Birds, Jordans or Magics... Its not fair to the anyone involved IMHO.

ifhmondays
07-19-2010, 10:32 PM

Idc what anyone says he played in the nba finals be it against a better spurs team his teams have been competitive but he and his teams as a whole suck it up when it matters the most the playoffs, so obviously he believes he needs stars to help him win which is bs if I'm not mistaken mo williams was selected to the allstar game right, and yes jamison on the downside but still could average 18 a game, so it's not all his teams fault, the stupidest thing they did was sign shaq, but he has had plenty of oppourtunities you don't go into the playoffs the number one seed and flop in the playoffs he is apart of the team not the team. His decision was not hard he obviously wants the easy way out like getting a 90 million dollar shoe contract when he was still in high school every things been handed to him since day one.

D Roses Bulls
07-19-2010, 10:33 PM
"It would've been too easy if we played together."

I think the way Bird ended it says it all.

No doubt Bird played with multiple HOF's but they were not top 3 in the league. There is a difference in playing with Kevin Mchale and with Magic Johnson

:clap:

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 10:33 PM
He obviously wasn't, though. He played on a team that he was consistently amazing enough to carry night in and night out for single victories. But when it came to the playoffs, there were 2-3 teams in the league that were strong enough overall to gameplan and exploit the weaknesses in his cast to beat them. If you're a contending TEAM, then the whole team has to step up and prove they can win when it counts.

His other two "star talents" playing alongside him (mo + Jam) went for 14/3/5 (on 40% shooting) and 15/7/1 (on 46% shooting) in the playoffs. The Diesel chipped in an astounding 11/5/1. That's not a championship team as is, and they were not getting any younger. LBJ putting up 29/9/8 on 50% shooting is going to waste playing with those scrubs. I'd have left too. And if you think he'd have gotten any less of a backlash going to Chi then Miami, then you're blind to the hate train that the dude has behind him at all turns.

His 2nd man showed up in game 5 and his 3rd man in Game 6.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=300511005

And any team that wins 60+ games is a championship team period. Especially when you were the only 60+ win team in the league.

FNM BOY
07-19-2010, 10:34 PM
The MEN talking here are Jordan/Barkley/Bird . The little boy's want the EASIEST route to win and not COMPETE.

He can say whatever...thats why he doesnt have a ring!!!!...tried when it was too late...now he has to hate on the uprising LOLOL...maybe Lebron should have stayed and suffered in Cleveland and then leave the city happy but himself miserable..... and go on to try and win a ring when he was 34..please..Love ya self Lebron!! let um hate!

DCB/LAL
07-19-2010, 10:34 PM
The comparisons are a bit off here.. The heat three are better to be compared to guys liek Barkley, Drexler, Kemp... players like that... not the Birds, Jordans or Magics... Its not fair to the anyone involved IMHO.

True MJ/Magic/Bird are on a level that Lebron/Wade/Bosh will never be mentioned in so it is somewhat different.

GspLAL
07-19-2010, 10:35 PM

I don't think anyone is "bashing" him because he left Cleveland. They're bashing him because he basically joined the competition. For example, if Wade stayed in Miami w/ Bosh and Lebron went to Chicago, the East would be very competitive because of those two teams plus Boston, Orlando, there would be 4 teams that could potentially make the finals.

GAWDtv
07-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Bird played on the Eastern Conference Perenial Finalist, Ervin Played for The Western Conference Dynasty, the goal is to beat The Lakers and Celtics and in 2010 no 1 man show is going to do it. Not even two All-Stars stand a chance of making it to the finals when LA and Beantown starts 4 each and Bring 1 off the bench.

Ask me Miami's 3 still need another Star Piece (ala Gilbert Arenas), to compete with LA's 4 and Bostons 4...

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 10:36 PM
The sad part is, Wade/LBJ/Bosh will have more rings than any of Jordan/Bird/Magic have had individually. A lot more.

Tissues, MJ? How about you, Larry?

_KB24_
07-19-2010, 10:36 PM

So does that elude to the fact that they had the best point differential in the league, and were I believe of the the two teams in the entire league with the best offensive and defensive efficiencies? They were one of the deepest teams in the league and were DESTROYING the opposition across the NBA as a TEAM. And is Game 6 against Boston, if it wasn't for Mo William's brilliant first half, they would have lost by 30+. But Lebron took his team out of the second half and they ended up losing. Ever wonder why when Lebron puts up these MONSTER stats in the playoffs, his teammates numbers go down? And its vice versa in the season?

As for your last sentence, no way. Him going to the Bulls was the best case scenario. He would be the clear cut man on the team and have a great roster to work with. The MJ comparisons would have been given that much more life. Him going to the Heat has pretty much silenced all those people.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 10:37 PM
ok u have your points and I have mind...but I know one thing that is certain...if Lebron came to Chicago u would be all over his ...and putting up threads all over the place about how great your team is going to be etc....u guys are funny...life is all about favor, and favorable circumstances...enjoy the rest of ya hate on Lebron.

It's not that. Had he gone to NY, Chi, LAC, even Portland or Utah it would have been fine as none of those teams have even a top 6-7 player in the league. The problem is that he went to go play in a city with a proven winner who is a top 3 player in the league.

It would be the same as if Tmac in 2003 decided to go to the Lakers or Spurs.

DCB/LAL
07-19-2010, 10:37 PM
The sad part is, Wade/LBJ/Bosh will have more rings than any of Jordan/Bird/Magic have had individually. A lot more.

Tissues, MJ? How about you, Larry?

U mad?

C-ross12
07-19-2010, 10:38 PM
True MJ/Magic/Bird are on a level that Lebron/Wade/Bosh will never be mentioned in so it is somewhat different.

Yea definately its no knock on them. I just think its unfair to LBJ, DW, and CB to be compared to some of these guys.. Dont get me wrong the heat three are very good players.. franchise players.. but Bird/Jordan/Magic were on a differen't level.

rcal10
07-19-2010, 10:38 PM
If Lebron felt he had to leave to win a championship he could have done so and still been the main man on a team. He could have come to Chicago and played with an 3rd year guy on the edge of becoming a star along with a solid center and a solid PF and won a championship while still COMPETING with other greats in the league. he could have come to Chicago and went up against Wade and Bosh and then Kobe and if he won he would have been considered among the best ever. He would have left Cleveland but still went to a team where he led them to the championship. That would have been a better legacy then the one he will leave, no matter how many titles he wins in Miami. He took the easy way out and it will hurt him in the end.

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
U mad?I've got 3 HOFers in their PRIME playing for my favorite team. How can I be mad? :D

U trolling?

tredigs
07-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Are you kidding me?

In fact he said this.

Every player that was good on the Cavs, Lebron acquired by trade. Mo Williams, Antwan Jamison, Shaquille O'neal, Ben Wallace, etc.
He didn't help any player on that team reach there potential. The only guy that he helped a lot was Hickson. That is the guy who people were saying is the next Karl Malone.

MJ + Pippen = two top 50 ALL-TIME players. Robinson + Duncan = two top 50 ALL-TIME players. The fact that you're comparing teams like this (who also had role players that absolutely crush the Cavs role players) to the cast around Lebron is ridiculous. If Lebron had players of the caliber of Pippen + Grant come through the draft 2 years after he entered the league and was given 5 years to develop them (and had the top coach in history instead of Mike ****ing Brown) then this may be something that warrants a discussion. However, it does not.

The fact that Lebron was able to win 60+ games with a mediocre cast only goes to show how dominant he is, but that team is still going to get exploited by the other top teams. Stop looking to the past for explanations of other situations that were similar, and focus on the current NBA. He wasn't going to beat the Thunder/Lakers/Celtics/Magic the majority of the time with that team. Just wasn't.

So again, continue to ignore that nobody on his team was a top 50 talent IN THE CURRENT NBA all you want, and that those guys had HOFers in their prime alongside them, but it's not going to matter a decade from now. His legacy is going to be cemented in a much more impressive light then had he stayed and come up short year after year.

His 2nd man showed up in game 5 and his 3rd man in Game 6.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=300511005

And any team that wins 60+ games is a championship team period. Especially when you were the only 60+ win team in the league.

Pau showed up every night BUT two. You have to search for two nights that a cast member of his DID show up. Say enough? I'm done with this debate btw. It's a dead horse that I don't feel like wasting my energy on.

DCB/LAL
07-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I've got 3 HoFers in their prime playing for my favorite team. How can I be mad? :D

U trolling?

Yeah u mad.

jbterrelle
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM

Magic
Kareem
Worthy
Byron Scott
Michael Cooper
Rambis etc

Bird
Kevin Mchale
Parrish
Dennis Johnson
Danny Ainge etc...

Lebron....????
Washed up Shaq

You guys can say what you want about who Magic and Bird had on their respective teams, but Magic made LA better and Bird made Boston better. Take away those two from the equation and you would've had two mediocre teams. Lebron promised for years to win and he didn't. It was Lebrons team so he should've done what Magic and Bird did which was make HIS team better. In 7 years he's made no one better but himself...

D Roses Bulls
07-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Why would it of been any different? Durrant just re-uped with his team for another 5 seasons. even he spoke to his fellow piers and said let's get off this miami and LA wagons. Now do you honestly think he was speaking to LA? I think he was more directly speaking about the heat then anything since there were and are so many rumors of players going there. What about Duncan, Hill, and Mcgrady in 2000? Duncan could of easily left the spurs that year when LA was ruling the NBA, and land with Mcgrady and Hill in Orlando or Chicago, but didn't. competitive players want to beat each other. Bryant even through a big fit and wanted to be traded, but if you remember right, he wasa free agent and could of gone else where but stay an waited for the lakers to become relevant again. It's a game, i mean seriously it's a game. it's not life and death pressure. you can say its the game now a days and free agency is different and that players think of the easy way to win, but if thats the case then why didnt guys like derrick rose beg lebron to come play for the bulls? cause there still are some very competitive people out there that wanna beat the best and not join forces with them. everyone wants to make an excuse though cause it's lebron and apparently still to some people he can't do no wrong. in the end though, he screwed himself cause he'll never be regarded as one of the best.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 10:48 PM
MJ + Pippen = two top 50 ALL-TIME players. Robinson + Duncan = two top 50 ALL-TIME players. The fact that you're comparing teams like this (who also had role players that absolutely crush the Cavs role players) to the cast around Lebron is ridiculous. If Lebron had players of the caliber of Pippen + Grant come through the draft 2 years after he entered the league and was given 5 years to develop them (and had the top coach in history instead of Mike ****ing Brown) then this may be something that warrants a discussion. However, it does not.

The fact that Lebron was able to win 60+ games with a mediocre cast only goes to show how dominant he is, but that team is still going to get exploited by the other top teams. Stop looking to the past for explanations of other situations that were similar, and focus on the current NBA. He wasn't going to beat the Thunder/Lakers/Celtics/Magic the majority of the time with that team. Just wasn't.

So again, continue to ignore that nobody on his team was a top 50 talent IN THE CURRENT NBA all you want, and that those guys had HOFers in their prime alongside them, but it's not going to matter a decade from now. His legacy is going to be cemented in a much more impressive light then had he stayed and come up short year after year.

Pau showed up every night BUT two. You have to search for two nights that a cast member of his DID show up. Say enough? I'm done with this debate btw. It's a dead horse that I don't feel like wasting my energy on.

So Pippen was top 50 in 1991 when the Bulls won the title?
He wasn't even an allstar.
Pippen didn't become top 50 until around 1996. Bulls had 3 peated before Pippen was ever a top 50.

If you want to play that game, then Lebron had a top 10 player in Shaq.

ChiBulls91
07-19-2010, 10:51 PM
I've got 3 HOFers in their PRIME playing for my favorite team. How can I be mad? :D

U trolling?

3 HOFers?

lebron, wade,....mike miller?

Chris bosh is not a hall of fame basketball player.

_KB24_
07-19-2010, 10:52 PM
on his team was a top 50 talent IN THE CURRENT NBA all you want, and that those guys had HOFers in their prime alongside them, but it's not going to matter a decade from now. His legacy is going to be cemented in a much more impressive light then had he stayed and come up short year after year.

Shaq is still a top 10 center in the league. Jamison was averaging 20 & 7 up until he joined the Cavs. And along with Mo Williams, these guys were all ALL Stars up until last year. Certainly 2, if not all 3 are among the 50 best players in the league. Why can't you just admit that Lebron lost fair and sqaure and not because of his team? The Celtics outplayed Lebron and the Cavs, simple as that.

carlessyen
07-19-2010, 10:53 PM
LOL I love the new bandwagon fans like we got in Cleveland for Lebron same people tlaked shiz about Lebron in Miami lol These Legends can say that you know why because it is truue, I always hear Manram talking about the peice sin Cleveland lol. Please give any of those guys Jamison, Mo Williams, Av, JJ Hickson, Shaq, Anthony Parker, and its lights out youact like those dudes are role players your out you effin mind man 2 almost career 20 point scorers. He bailed like a biotch, and you can say what ya want it donest take away the ruined and tarnised career now, they are legends and they no way more about the game then you prob never even played college level. ANyone loves and respects the game knows he pusssed out.

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
3 HOFers?

lebron, wade,....mike miller?

Chris bosh is not a hall of fame basketball player.Um, LOL dude your hate won't allow you to see that he's 25yrs old and has been averaging nearly 20/10 for the past 5 seasons. He's about to add championships to his repertoire. That'll get you in the HoF. Epic fail for you, nonetheless.

SouthSideRookie
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
in the early 90s when the Rockets had Olajuwon, Houston kept running into Phoenix, Seattle and Utah(teams which had HOF) and kept getting knocked out by those teams in the playoffs. Did Olajuwon quit on Houston because he didnt have another all star or HOF on the team, NO, he decided to face the challenge of getting over that hump himself. Sure enough Houston won its first title in 95 and the Dream did it without that HOF. So for all of you crying that Lebron could never win it in Cleveland, thats just not true, Btw, how in the hell can you mention Lebron in the same sentence with Jordan, bird and Magic, these HOF are winners, Lebron isnt

tredigs
07-19-2010, 11:02 PM
So Pippen was top 50 in 1991 when the Bulls won the title?
He wasn't even an allstar.
Pippen didn't become top 50 until around 1996. Bulls had 3 peated before Pippen was ever a top 50.

If you want to play that game, then Lebron had a top 10 player in Shaq.

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

1990-91 25 CHI NBA 82 82 36.8 7.3 14.1 .520 0.3 0.8 .309 2.9 4.1 .706 2.0 5.3 7.3 6.2 2.4 1.1 2.8 3.3 17.8

^Pippen in '91.

Stop playing this game with me. That's an ELITE player, at 25 years old, who is an enormous talent and any coach/player would dream to have on their team. Don't insult my intelligence by comparing him to an over the hill, fat, 40 year old Shaq who put up 11/5/1 in the playoffs.

You're not going to win an argument that compares the '09 Cavs to the '91 Bulls. The only outcome that can come out of it is that Lebron is going to look better than Jordan for the fact that he can carry scrubs like this to such an amazing record; and I don't even want to see that. So let's just leave it as is.

Shaq is still a top 10 center in the league. Jamison was averaging 20 & 7 up until he joined the Cavs. And along with Mo Williams, these guys were all ALL Stars up until last year. Certainly 2, if not all 3 are among the 50 best players in the league. Why can't you just admit that Lebron lost fair and sqaure and not because of his team? The Celtics outplayed Lebron and the Cavs, simple as that.

Jamison is not a top ten PF. Mo is not a top ten PG. IF Shaq is a top ten C, he's 10th. And he's nowhere near a top ten big who can fill in at Center. And their respective ages next season; 34/27/39 don't exactly leave room for improvement. You guys need to stop, you won't win this game.

ChiBulls91
07-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Um, LOL dude your hate won't allow you to see that he's 25yrs old and has been averaging nearly 20/10 for the past 5 seasons. He's about to add championships to his repertoire. That'll get you in the HoF. Epic fail for you, nonetheless.

in this first part of his career, he has had no real talent on his team thus making him the focal point on offense. and then when his team did make the playoffs, what happened? he took them no where. Chris Bosh is a good player, but he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.

So i say fail to your blinding homerism. stop over valuing your players.

drew_ellis_23
07-19-2010, 11:03 PM

Those guys were good until they played with Lebron. Makes you wonder. MJ made his teammates better. Lebron made his worse? Wonder what Wade and Bosh will produce like. Lakers didnt win when they had Malone and Payton with Kobe and Shaq. I don't think the Heat will own like people think.

LA_Raiders
07-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Thats why they play the game, to compete.... LeBroom wants the easy way out, but there is a problem called THE BLACK MAMBA...

KTheo77
07-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Everyone knew that these guys were gonna team up somewhere. Whether Chicago, NY, or Miami. They were gonna be on a team together. I get so tired of hearing Lebron was obligated to stay in Cleveland, he doesn't have the will to win like he should, and on and on. You don't get to the level Lebron james plays at without having a competitive heart and a desire to win. Just the opposite is true. No one wants to go out night after night and give their all and end up sitting at home watching the finals. Cleveland is to blame period. Jordan's Bulls put the right pieces around him and they were successful, Bird's Celtic's, Magic's Lakers did also. Those guys would not stand to go year after year without a championship and management responded. Cleveland you had seven years and you couldn't get it done, Lebron can't be your scapegoat forever.

LakerPride
07-19-2010, 11:06 PM
the whole point here is Lebron chooses the easiest way to win

do you even think Lebron will be considered one of the greatest even if he wins championships every year?
there will always be an asterisk to his greatness......

LA_Raiders
07-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Um, LOL dude your hate won't allow you to see that he's 25yrs old and has been averaging nearly 20/10 for the past 5 seasons. He's about to add championships to his repertoire. That'll get you in the HoF. Epic fail for you, nonetheless.

How? Is he moving to LA, and then Chicago?

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 11:09 PM
in this first part of his career, he has had no real talent on his team thus making him the focal point on offense. and then when his team did make the playoffs, what happened? he took them no where. Chris Bosh is a good player, but he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.

So i say fail to your blinding homerism. stop over valuing your players.A little FYI, the 60s Celtics had 5 HOFers playing for them (3 off the bench), and most those guys didn't have any gaudy offensive stats. One of them (KC Jones) had a career PPG of 7.4.

But enough with that, I don't waste my time explaining things to people who have no understanding of basketball, such as yourself.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

1990-91 25 CHI NBA 82 82 36.8 7.3 14.1 .520 0.3 0.8 .309 2.9 4.1 .706 2.0 5.3 7.3 6.2 2.4 1.1 2.8 3.3 17.8

^Pippen in '91.

Stop playing this game with me. That's an ELITE player, at 25 years old, who is an enormous talent and any coach/player would dream to have on their team. Don't insult my intelligence by comparing him to an over the hill, fat, 40 year old Shaq who put up 11/5/1 in the playoffs.

You're not going to win an argument that compares the '09 Cavs to the '91 Bulls. The only outcome that can come out of it is that Lebron is going to look better than Jordan for the fact that he can carry scrubs like this to such an amazing record; and I don't even want to see that. So let's just leave it as is.

That's an elite player because Jordan turned him into a star. Who did Lebron ever turn into a star?
Every player he had was already good before Lebron ever played with them. And some got worse.

Source: NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/asksam_081205.html)

Do you think in the end the one true comparison that will distinguish (Jordan and LeBron) is of course championships and awards records, etc., but the way Michael made people around him become better of course, but more specifically, Scottie Pippen. Scottie did pull off some great moves that took extrordinary talent, but his ability to learn might have been the extraordinary part. Can LeBron create a Scottie Pippen type player or was Scottie an extension of MJ? All I know is these two together created some of the best and most extensive set of highlight reels man has ever known, some will say LeBron will need his Phil Jackson, and his Scottie Pippen.

Sam: It's starting to look like LeBron is about there, and he may not need to turn someone into a Hall of Famer, as Jordan did for Pippen. The league is not as strong or deep now, and I had a GM tell me this week he not only believes the Cavs will win the East, he thinks they'll win it all. And if that does happen (remember, hardly anyone was picking the Bulls in 1991), it may mess up a lot of free agency plans as the likelihood is LeBron then stays in Cleveland.

Lebron couldn't even win gold medal.

Too bad Lebron lost with HCA and couldn't even win a gold medal with this lineup

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/A/groupname/75/langlc/en/roundid/5152/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Greece 101, USA 95

4 J. Johnson - Star
5 K. Hinrich
6 L. James - Superstar
7 A. Jamison - Star
8 S. Battier
9 D. Wade - Superstar
10 C. Paul - Superstar
11 C. Bosh - Star
12 D. Howard - Superstar
13 B. Miller
14 E. Brand
15 C. Anthony - Superstar

LakerPride
07-19-2010, 11:12 PM
LOL HOFers are made out of winners and competitors. if Larry Bird didnt win any championship, do you think his supporting casts will be inducted to the HOF?

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 11:12 PM
How? Is he moving to LA, and then Chicago?No trolling, please.

DCB/LAL
07-19-2010, 11:15 PM

^Pippen in '91.

Jamison is not a top ten PF. Mo is not a top ten PG. IF Shaq is a top ten C, he's 10th. And he's nowhere near a top ten big who can fill in at Center. And their respective ages next season; 34/27/39 don't exactly leave room for improvement. You guys need to stop, you won't win this game.

Those numbers Pippen was puttin up at that time are similar numbers ti what Jamison put up. Pippen was great at D but no doubt that he wasn't the player he had yet to become.

ChiBulls91
A little FYI, the 60s Celtics had 5 HOFers playing for them (3 off the bench), and most those guys didn't have any gaudy offensive stats. One of them (KC Jones) had a career PPG of 7.4.

But enough with that, I don't waste my time explaining things to people who have no understanding of basketball, such as yourself.

so you're saying that if the heat run off a string of championships that your starting pg and starting center are going to be awarded HOF status. Not likely dude, if you havent noticed, the HOF has gotten a bit tougher to get in since the 19 freaking 60's.

Wade>You
I'm laughing at the youth today that don't know the history of basketball, but come off as if they know everything. Their favorite player? Kobe Bryant or Derrick Rose.

You guys need to do your homework: http://www.nba.com/history/

ChiBulls91
07-19-2010, 11:17 PM
im glad you can have a constructive conversation.

MSG34
Comparing the supporting cast of previous teams to the one in Miami is a joke in my eyes. 2 of the top 5 players in the league joining up is more than enough and then throw in Bosh. It's a complete joke.

I truly think what Lebron did was cowardly. He basically epitomizes "if you can't beat them, join them" in the sense that he can't win without a stacked team.

DCB/LAL
I'm laughing at the youth today that don't know the history of basketball, but come off as if they know everything. Their favorite player? Kobe Bryant or Derrick Rose.

You guys need to do your homework: http://www.nba.com/history/

Its ok to be mad.....A HOF'er just ripped a new one to one of your teams players.

U Mad?

omdigga
07-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Larry Legend..

krazylegz
07-19-2010, 11:22 PM
who cares??...nba is fake anyways...boston,l.a.,even miami (when they win it) should be just as proud as winning a title as lets say john cena,hulk hogan,or the undertaker....its a fake story line,with pre-determined winners

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Its ok to be mad.....A HOF'er just ripped a new one to one of your teams players.

U Mad?I'm not going to get banned for you, but keep it up, I'm sure the mods are reading and will see that you're trying to bait people into responding to you.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-19-2010, 11:25 PM
You've got Jordan, Bird, Barkley and a few others all criticizing LeBron's decision I would listen to what the all time greats are saying, it is the truth. I disagree with RamMan very much so. The Cavs had the best record in the league for the last two years. They were a championship caliber team. His supporting cast was good but the whole team fed off LeBron. When LeBron choked, they choked. It was his fault they lost in the playoffs. He stopped leading his team and froze up when the biggest spotlight was on him. Heat fans would be in agreement with this if LeBron hadn't gone to Miami. Please do not disagree with what these legends are saying, they know a lot more about basketball and winning and being a champion then anyone on here ever will.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-19-2010, 11:26 PM
whoops double post

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Another HOF hater huh :p

jneises21
07-19-2010, 11:27 PM

U Mad?

Your an idiot. Since when is saying he wouldn't have done that in the situation, ripping him a new one?

Ya I'm mad.

Keep thinking the Lakers are going to win the championship again, i'm not even sure they will make it there this year.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Lebron cant win without help like MJ couldnt and Kobe couldnt and cant. Kobe had Shaq and Gasol and MJ had Pippen and Rodman.. whats the big deal ladies? :shrug:

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Lebron cant win without help like MJ couldnt and Kobe couldnt and cant. Kobe had Shaq and Gasol and MJ had Pippen and Rodman.. whats the big deal ladies? :shrug:

:clap:

Wade>You
07-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Lebron cant win without help like MJ couldnt and Kobe couldnt and cant. Kobe had Shaq and Gasol and MJ had Pippen and Rodman.. whats the big deal ladies? :shrug:Great post, unfortunately, not many people here see it that way.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Great post, unfortunately, not many people here see it that way.

Again, people are saying because of the fact that Lebron went to go play with a top 3 player in the league that IS a PROVEN WINNER in Wade.

It is not like he went to go play with someone like Roy or Deron or someone like that or if someone came to play with him. He went to go play with the arguable best player in the game by a few.

MSG34

I agree, no one can win without help but the point is nothing compares to the core of Wade and Bosh. Bosh as the 3rd option is insane, especially when the #1 option is the best player in the league and then throw Wade in there. It just doesnt compare.

HowBoutDemBulls
All these HOF's talking about competing against the greats make me giggle. Back in their days you couldn't recall teams other than the Celtics/Lakers/Pistons/Bulls dynasties that ruled the NBA in their respective decades. They act like their teams weren't stacked and on top of that--the NBA never seen specimens like you do now in days, its quite obvious the NBA's evolved. Players are bigger, faster and more athletic than ever seen before, its hard to say if teams from back then would rule now in days like they did in the 70's/80's/90's. I seriously think they're afraid to see the NBA ruled for another decade by one team the way they did back then cause a lot of those legends are now GMs/Owner.

:facepalm: Yeah dude, hate on Legends. Its easy from behind a computer screen. When you've accomplished 1/100th of what they have maybe you can talk.

Master Mind
All these HOF's talking about competing against the greats make me giggle. Back in their days you couldn't recall teams other than the Celtics/Lakers/Pistons/Bulls dynasties that ruled the NBA in their respective decades. They act like their teams weren't stacked and on top of that--the NBA never seen specimens like you do now in days, its quite obvious the NBA's evolved. Players are bigger, faster and more athletic than ever seen before, its hard to say if teams from back then would rule now in days like they did in the 70's/80's/90's. I seriously think they're afraid to see the NBA ruled for another decade by one team the way they did back then cause a lot of those legends are now GMs/Owner.

SouthEast DC
07-19-2010, 11:32 PM
I cant understand whee MJ and Bird are coming fromand i understand where LBJ came from. I wanted to play with his friends and win rings. At the same time I would of like to played them. But thats just me. LBJ would of never been Jordan in the 1st place. I dont know why people saying that about him and nor Kobe, Kobe trys to play like MJ(thats cool) but LBJ plays like him self. But I would of went to NYC and played with STAT and have fun going at Wade and Bosh with STAT. I think he should of did that but thats just me. But I respect what he did. I dont hate him at all, he did what he wanted to do.

THE MTL
07-19-2010, 11:32 PM
I dont think they are attacking them.

Larry Bird also had two HOFer's who he played with. McHale was a 20-9 man while Robert Parish a 19-10 man.

Magic Johnson had James Worthy and Kareem.

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:33 PM
:facepalm: Yeah dude, hate on Legends. Its easy from behind a computer screen. When you've accomplished 1/100th of what they have maybe you can talk.

You're in no better position to talk. And no one is hating, they were great players that had great players on their team

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 11:36 PM
the constant talk of lebron amongst legends has officially made him one
when you think of the nba in the 00's/10's, you think of lebron james

jneises21
07-19-2010, 11:36 PM
MJ isn't exactly the most modest man to play the game. and Bird made the most sense out of it all of them. He was on a good team, why would he want to leave?

And to the guys saying the Cavs were a good team, I'm guessing they don't win over 30 games this year

_KB24_
07-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Holy ****, yes we get it the Bird and other HOF'ers played with great talent. But none of them would ever ponder the thought of going to go play with another Top 3 player in the league just for a ring.

Kashmir13579
larry bird made the finals on the reg. and he's not afraid to say so.

Master Mind

Yup

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 11:38 PM
MJ isn't exactly the most modest man to play the game. and Bird made the most sense out of it all of them. He was on a good team, why would he want to leave?

And to the guys saying the Cavs were a good team, I'm guessing they don't win over 30 games this year

If Shaq stays they will. Also the East will be much deeper than it has been since the 90's.

FakeBlackMamba
07-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Barkley said ot best. Lebron is the 2 time defending MVP of the league. Great players should want TO GO play with him, not the other way around. Lebrick is taking a shortcut to win. bye bye legacy

HowBoutDemBulls
07-19-2010, 11:41 PM
You're in no better position to talk. And no one is hating, they were great players that had great players on their team

I ain't in the position to talk and I'm not talking. I'm calling you out, not NBA legends.

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 11:42 PM
lol champions win championships

you can try to justify it anyway you want, and name a bunch of other players, but it doesnt matter

winners win, end of story
if you wanna say him winning championships in miami doesnt count, thats you.
but champion cant be redefined to Michael jordan

HowBoutDemBulls
07-19-2010, 11:42 PM

It's true, I think of him failing and choking. I think of Kobe and Duncan winning. :D

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Barkley said ot best. Lebron is the 2 time defending MVP of the league. Great players should want TO GO play with him, not the other way around. Lebrick is taking a shortcut to win. bye bye legacy

Maybe he and the other twats don't seem to get that he wanted out of Cleveland :shrug:

And there's no shortcut to winning, he has to work just as hard to get a ring. When its all said and done he's still gonna be a champion :eyebrow:

Moss18
07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
I have seen statements from LBJ saying MJ was his hero growing up and how much respect he has for MJ. I just wonder if he was just saying that to improve his public image or if he really meant it. I know LBJ can do what he wanted to do and he did he had every right. But if it was me those comments MJ made would devastate me. I think Jordan was his personal hero growing that has to hurt him to have his personal hero say that. I hope LBJ responds to them. I wonder if LBJ is realizing what a huge mistake this was from him he is getting ripped by the media former players and fans.

PLAYERS FAN
07-19-2010, 11:44 PM
James gets owned by another HOF'er

nice sig;)

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
It's true, I think of him failing and choking. I think of Kobe and Duncan winning. :D

doesnt even matter because he's bigger than the game right now. one person mentions lebron james in a thread, and theres 8 straight pages of why he is or isnt great

or how he will or wont be a legend
the guy you love to hate, the guy you hate to love

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
I ain't in the position to talk and I'm not talking. I'm calling you out, not NBA legends.

Calling me out on my opinion lol nice. People could care less what these legends say cause at the end of the day Lebron is in Miami and its only begun.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Maybe he and the other twats don't to seem to get that he wanted out of Cleveland :shrug:

And there's no shortcut to winning, he has to work just as hard to get a ring. When its all said and done he's still gonna be a champion :eyebrow:

Barkley, Jordan, and Bird are twats? Dude get off these forums. You obviously don't respect the game of basketball.

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Barkley, Jordan, and Bird are twats? Dude get off these forums. You obviously don't respect the game of basketball.

You're a twat. :eyebrow:

mynameismo
07-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Next up.. Mike James calls out LBJ.

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Next up.. Mike James calls out LBJ.

Epic

R BU 5
ok im sorry but honestly this is all getting out of hand. You lakers fans are honestly so annoying with this lebron stuff. I don't know if you feel threatened that LeBron might end up with more rings than Kobe now that he has DWade and Bosh or something, but you all can relax a little with the whole "LeBron can't do it by himself." Kobe NEVER did it by himself. Look at the last two teams he won titles with: Pau Gasol, the best power forward in the game, was on his team. Andrew Bynum, one of the best centers in the league, was on his team. Lamar Odom, one of the best sixth men in the league, was on his team. Bottom line is, nobody can win a title without help. Now, I know LeBron's help is obviously better than what Kobe had, but it gives him a better chance to win titles, bottom line. I'm not saying he's a better player, because I believe Kobe is the best in the league, but I don't understand why all of the Laker fans on here are all over LeBron's nuts

fin_frenzy_84
MJ is just speaking the truth.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 11:50 PM
I have seen statements from LBJ saying MJ was his hero growing up and how much respect he has for MJ. I just wonder if he was just saying that to improve his public image or if he really meant it. I know LBJ can do what he wanted to do and he did he had every right. But if it was me those comments MJ made would devastate me. I think Jordan was his personal hero growing that has to hurt him to have his personal hero say that. I hope LBJ responds to them. I wonder if LBJ is realizing what a huge mistake this was from him he is getting ripped by the media former players and fans.

Well he said he grew up idolizing him and that is the reason he wore #23 as MJ was his favorite. He said Dr J was his 2nd favorite and thus the reason #6 was chosen.

LeBron Preps Himself To Be Better Than Jordan - Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK0YLwaODR4)

DCB/LAL
Your an idiot. Since when is saying he wouldn't have done that in the situation, ripping him a new one?

Ya I'm mad.

Keep thinking the Lakers are going to win the championship again, i'm not even sure they will make it there this year.

Why U mad?

HowBoutDemBulls
You're a twat. :eyebrow:

Ok, I would be banned for saying something like this. I hope the Mods do the right thing and punish this guy

DCB/LAL
07-19-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm not going to get banned for you, but keep it up, I'm sure the mods are reading and will see that you're trying to bait people into responding to you.

Im not baiting just asking a question.....If I get a "Ban" or anything for saying "U Mad" then so should every HEAT fan who used it....simple as that.

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:52 PM
ok im sorry but honestly this is all getting out of hand. You lakers fans are honestly so annoying with this lebron stuff. I don't know if you feel threatened that LeBron might end up with more rings than Kobe now that he has DWade and Bosh or something, but you all can relax a little with the whole "LeBron can't do it by himself." Kobe NEVER did it by himself. Look at the last two teams he won titles with: Pau Gasol, the best power forward in the game, was on his team. Andrew Bynum, one of the best centers in the league, was on his team. Lamar Odom, one of the best sixth men in the league, was on his team. Bottom line is, nobody can win a title without help. Now, I know LeBron's help is obviously better than what Kobe had, but it gives him a better chance to win titles, bottom line. I'm not saying he's a better player, because I believe Kobe is the best in the league, but I don't understand why all of the Laker fans on here are all over LeBron's nuts

I think this is what all the fuss is about, they're scared of the outcome. Lakers/Bulls/Knicks fans all are.

mynameismo
07-19-2010, 11:52 PM
It wasn't a mistake. Lebron had a choice, and he made it. It may not be good for everybody else, but it was good for him. MJ speaks the truth, but media is hyping it all up.

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:53 PM
Ok, I would be banned for saying something like this. I hope the Mods do the right thing and punish this guy

:ohno:

:eyebrow:

FakeBlackMamba
07-19-2010, 11:53 PM

Dont Hate. Mamba > Lebrick

R BU 5
07-19-2010, 11:54 PM
im not hating if you can read i said kobes better than lebron

HowBoutDemBulls
07-19-2010, 11:55 PM
:ohno:

:eyebrow:

You should be scared troll.

Master Mind
07-19-2010, 11:57 PM
You should be scared troll.

Scared of who, the Bulls? :laugh:

pervysage808
07-20-2010, 12:00 AM
If Lebron got owned in Birds statement then MJ got owned as well....Larry saids he'd rather play against Magic than be his teammate...he did not mention competing against Jordan...i guess Jordan is far from being a memory in Birds mind.
I feel like all the negative statements coming from Larry and MJ stem from them being very much involved with the game still....and their respective teams (Indiana and Charlotte) are not even close to competing for a title in any way shape or form (unless its for the title of who sucks more).
These legends are very much competitive still so of course they are going to bash the new super trio, because Larry and Mike have so much at stake still with the teams they have invested in...tsk tsk tsk shame on you guys for dissin the youth, this is their time, let them do as they please, whoever said that MJ, Bird and Magics era was the greatest era of basketball ever? ...that era has not produced the games greatest winner and has barely even produced the games greatest stat leaders hahaha, dont disrespect the youth...they are the NOW.

JordansBulls
07-20-2010, 12:02 AM
ok, guys, seems like this is going wayyy off topic now. Going to lock it down.